PDA

View Full Version : Elections Who is Obama Kidding?

Color Red
07-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Either he is immeasurably overconfident and a fool, or he knows he is a practically impossible long shot and he is rolling the dice...

or he is appealing to an electorate in the U.S. that I fear could put him in the White House.

I feel like I'm viewing a campaign season on the back of a cereal box. The appeal is so gimmicky, so shallow. Who thinks that touring a couple of big cities in Europe gives you international prowess worthy of becoming President?

alanm
07-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Why the media of course... Just ask them.

irishjayhawk
07-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Either he is immeasurably overconfident and a fool, or he knows he is a practically impossible long shot and he is rolling the dice...

or he is appealing to an electorate in the U.S. that I fear could put him in the White House.

I feel like I'm viewing a campaign season on the back of a cereal box. The appeal is so gimmicky, so shallow. Who thinks that touring a couple of big cities in Europe gives you international prowess worthy of becoming President?

Mr. Color Red, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may FSM have mercy on your soul.

Taco John
07-25-2008, 11:56 PM

You feel like I felt when I watched George W. Bush campaign both times around. The back of a cereal box - that about sums it up.

irishjayhawk
07-26-2008, 12:04 AM
You feel like I felt when I watched George W. Bush campaign both times around. The back of a cereal box - that about sums it up.

Is this a better cereal brand? :)

beer bacon
07-26-2008, 12:09 AM
It is hard for me to get into the mindset of someone that actually thinks Obama is a "practically impossible long shot."

irishjayhawk
07-26-2008, 12:09 AM
It is hard for me to get into the mindset of someone that actually thinks Obama is a "practically impossible long shot."

That's why I awarded him no points. Among other things.

Ultra Peanut
07-26-2008, 01:46 AM
My friends, we need substance. Did you want the 16-ounce jar of salsa or the 8-ounce jar of salsa?

Oh, the sliced cheese rack! When we first got a supermarket, I used to go down to the sliced cheese rack and just stare at it all day.

Friendo
07-26-2008, 07:54 AM
My friends, we need substance. Did you want the 16-ounce jar of salsa or the 8-ounce jar of salsa?

Oh, the sliced cheese rack! When we first got a supermarket, I used to go down to the sliced cheese rack and just stare at it all day.

never underestimate the informed shopper--we has the best supermarkets in the world.

VAChief
07-26-2008, 08:22 AM

Never underestimate the power of a good turd blossom running your campaign.

BigChiefFan
07-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Mayor McCheese should be McCain's new handle.

***SPRAYER
07-26-2008, 03:31 PM

Awesome post. Barack Milhaus Obama shows up after a free concert and hands out free bratwurst and beer to German kids and somehow this is supposed to be the sign of something special.

Merci Beaucoup!

Color Red
07-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Hey I like the bunch in this forum! Keep it coming!

That's a good correction: Obama doesn't "know" he is a longshot; I meant to say for the sake of the point that he might "think" he is a long shot.

And I don't think he is a longshot. As long as there is a significant electorate taking all this from the cereal box, he can be elected.

Like the bunch who put Clinton into office.

banyon
07-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Hey I like the bunch in this forum! Keep it coming!

That's a good correction: Obama doesn't "know" he is a longshot; I meant to say for the sake of the point that he might "think" he is a long shot.

And I don't think he is a longshot. As long as there is a significant electorate taking all this from the cereal box, he can be elected.

Why would anyone think he's a longshot after winning the nomination? Frankly, your post is just weird.

Maybe he was a longshot in December 2006, but it's been a long time since anyone called him that. Callling the frontrunner in al the polls a longshot? :shake:

Color Red
07-26-2008, 04:50 PM
I understand he's the dem nominee. That's why I don't understand this cardboard cutout campaigning he is doing.

Is there really an electorate that says, "See, he's meeting with the French and the Germans. He must really supposed to be our President."??

Thig Lyfe
07-26-2008, 04:53 PM

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28784

Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally Over'

January 17, 2001 | Issue 37•01

WASHINGTON, DC–Mere days from assuming the presidency and closing the door on eight years of Bill Clinton, president-elect George W. Bush assured the nation in a televised address Tuesday that "our long national nightmare of peace and prosperity is finally over."

President-elect Bush vows that "together, we can put the triumphs of the recent past behind us."

"My fellow Americans," Bush said, "at long last, we have reached the end of the dark period in American history that will come to be known as the Clinton Era, eight long years characterized by unprecedented economic expansion, a sharp decrease in crime, and sustained peace overseas. The time has come to put all of that behind us."

Bush swore to do "everything in [his] power" to undo the damage wrought by Clinton's two terms in office, including selling off the national parks to developers, going into massive debt to develop expensive and impractical weapons technologies, and passing sweeping budget cuts that drive the mentally ill out of hospitals and onto the street.

During the 40-minute speech, Bush also promised to bring an end to the severe war drought that plagued the nation under Clinton, assuring citizens that the U.S. will engage in at least one Gulf War-level armed conflict in the next four years.

"You better believe we're going to mix it up with somebody at some point during my administration," said Bush, who plans a 250 percent boost in military spending. "Unlike my predecessor, I am fully committed to putting soldiers in battle situations. Otherwise, what is the point of even having a military?"

On the economic side, Bush vowed to bring back economic stagnation by implementing substantial tax cuts, which would lead to a recession, which would necessitate a tax hike, which would lead to a drop in consumer spending, which would lead to layoffs, which would deepen the recession even further.

Wall Street responded strongly to the Bush speech, with the Dow Jones industrial fluctuating wildly before closing at an 18-month low. The NASDAQ composite index, rattled by a gloomy outlook for tech stocks in 2001, also fell sharply, losing 4.4 percent of its total value between 3 p.m. and the closing bell.

Asked for comment about the cooling technology sector, Bush said: "That's hardly my area of expertise."

Turning to the subject of the environment, Bush said he will do whatever it takes to undo the tremendous damage not done by the Clinton Administration to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. He assured citizens that he will follow through on his campaign promise to open the 1.5 million acre refuge's coastal plain to oil drilling. As a sign of his commitment to bringing about a change in the environment, he pointed to his choice of Gale Norton for Secretary of the Interior. Norton, Bush noted, has "extensive experience" fighting environmental causes, working as a lobbyist for lead-paint manufacturers and as an attorney for loggers and miners, in addition to suing the EPA to overturn clean-air standards.

Bush had equally high praise for Attorney General nominee John Ashcroft, whom he praised as "a tireless champion in the battle to protect a woman's right to give birth."

"Soon, with John Ashcroft's help, we will move out of the Dark Ages and into a more enlightened time when a woman will be free to think long and hard before trying to fight her way past throngs of protesters blocking her entrance to an abortion clinic," Bush said. "We as a nation can look forward to lots and lots of babies."

Continued Bush: "John Ashcroft will be invaluable in healing the terrible wedge President Clinton drove between church and state."

The speech was met with overwhelming approval from Republican leaders.

"Finally, the horrific misrule of the Democrats has been brought to a close," House Majority Leader Dennis Hastert (R-IL) told reporters. "Under Bush, we can all look forward to military aggression, deregulation of dangerous, greedy industries, and the defunding of vital domestic social-service programs upon which millions depend. Mercifully, we can now say goodbye to the awful nightmare that was Clinton's America."

"For years, I tirelessly preached the message that Clinton must be stopped," conservative talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh said. "And yet, in 1996, the American public failed to heed my urgent warnings, re-electing Clinton despite the fact that the nation was prosperous and at peace under his regime. But now, thank God, that's all done with. Once again, we will enjoy mounting debt, jingoism, nuclear paranoia, mass deficit, and a massive military build-up."

An overwhelming 49.9 percent of Americans responded enthusiastically to the Bush speech.

"After eight years of relatively sane fiscal policy under the Democrats, we have reached a point where, just a few weeks ago, President Clinton said that the national debt could be paid off by as early as 2012," Rahway, NJ, machinist and father of three Bud Crandall said. "That's not the kind of world I want my children to grow up in."

"You have no idea what it's like to be black and enfranchised," said Marlon Hastings, one of thousands of Miami-Dade County residents whose votes were not counted in the 2000 presidential election. "George W. Bush understands the pain of enfranchisement, and ever since Election Day, he has fought tirelessly to make sure it never happens to my people again."

Bush concluded his speech on a note of healing and redemption.

"We as a people must stand united, banding together to tear this nation in two," Bush said. "Much work lies ahead of us: The gap between the rich and the poor may be wide, be there's much more widening left to do. We must squander our nation's hard-won budget surplus on tax breaks for the wealthiest 15 percent. And, on the foreign front, we must find an enemy and defeat it."

"The insanity is over," Bush said. "After a long, dark night of peace and stability, the sun is finally rising again over America. We look forward to a bright new dawn not seen since the glory days of my dad."

Ultra Peanut
07-26-2008, 04:54 PM
I understand he's the dem nominee. That's why I don't understand this cardboard cutout campaigning he is doing.

Is there really an electorate that says, "See, he's meeting with the French and the Germans. He must really supposed to be our President."??

Flanked by fellow Senators Joe Lieberman and Lindsey Graham, McCain noted they'd undertaken their week long fact-finding tour of Iraq, Jordan, Israel, England and France as members of Congress's Armed Services committee — not as some sort of campaign foreign road show. Perhaps, but discussing international affairs with foreign leaders and enhancing McCain's presidential hopes aren't mutually exclusive. Still, McCain acted the apt pupil. "I wish every senator, every senator would make this same trip," McCain said, noting several of the first-hand educational experiences he'd gotten. "They'd be better informed."

headsnap
07-26-2008, 04:58 PM
http://www.iue.edu/blogs/barry/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/sellerschance.jpg

banyon
07-26-2008, 05:04 PM

This election unfortunately is no longer about issues it's about who looks the most "presidential" to the 20%-30% of americans who vote based on who they'd rather date or drink with.

The people who actually follow this stuff (the vast majority of them anyway) had their minds made up long ago.

***SPRAYER
07-26-2008, 05:25 PM
This election unfortunately is no longer about issues it's about who looks the most "presidential" to the 20%-30% of americans who vote based on who they'd rather date or drink with.

The people who actually follow this stuff (the vast majority of them anyway) had their minds made up long ago.

Actually I think most people who are going to vote have made up their minds already, it's probably about 5% to 10% registered voters who haven't.

Color Red
07-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Actually I think most people who are going to vote have made up their minds already, it's probably about 5% to 10% registered voters who haven't.

I'll be curious to see how many people among the Obama following will realize and admit his campaign and presidential qualifications are a house of cards.

I am not particularly confident that a significant number of his followers will have this realization.

Electing someone because of their ethnicity and without a view to their philosophy and policy, like any other expression of racism, is not healthy.

Messier
07-26-2008, 09:10 PM
I'll be curious to see how many people among the Obama following will realize and admit his campaign and presidential qualifications are a house of cards.

I am not particularly confident that a significant number of his followers will have this realization.

Electing someone because of their ethnicity and without a view to their philosophy and policy, like any other expression of racism, is not healthy.

Yes, when will all these people see that truth that is so evident to those that don't support Obama, that he is a sham? It seems so obvious, and yet, these people just can't seem to get the message that they should give up the ghost and quit their support for such an in over his head candidate. It's kind of frustrating isn't it?

irishjayhawk
07-26-2008, 09:16 PM

Clearly, you haven't read his website.

I deduct points from the already zero sum. So, you have negative points in this thread alone. A great start.

Vegas_Dave
07-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Mr. Color Red, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may FSM have mercy on your soul.

Great Billy Madison reference

|Zach|
07-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Who thinks that touring a couple of big cities in Europe gives you international prowess worthy of becoming President?

I would say nobody. On his side or any other side.

Any other strawmen...errr...I mean questions?

Color Red
07-27-2008, 12:28 AM

I deduct points from the already zero sum. So, you have negative points in this thread alone. A great start.

I'm glad to know you are keeping score. And I expect I'll appreciate the worth of your measurement. Thanks for letting me play in your game.

Color Red
07-27-2008, 12:34 AM

So I went to his website. On the left hand side it said "join the movement." On the right hand side it said "learn more." I clicked "join the movement." Was that the right thing to do?

Taco John
07-27-2008, 12:43 AM
It's hard for me to stomach these "Obama has no qualifications" type of threads in the 8th year of the George W. Bush presidency. Suddenly, Bush voters find competence an important thing. Go figure.

I hate election years. A huge flood of new empty heads who pretend to know the issues flood in to enlighten us and dance around any substantive issues. The title of this thread might as well have been "I don't like Obama." Great freaking take. Thanks for letting us know. But I'm not voting for Obama, so I don't care. And apparently I'm not voting for McCain either as none of his "following" have anything worthwhile to say about his positions or can give any substantive reasons to vote for him without using the word "Obama." These morons are going to spend all their energy this campaign season focused on the "Obama" phenomenon, and have nothing to show for it when November rolls around.

Smed1065
07-27-2008, 02:56 AM

Voting for a deficit and war barons is not either.

Lets see, deficit cost how much per day? Yes, it makes it hard to gain ground. Unless you work for Haliburton.

Who provides the MRE's

A Bush official connection?
Or the contractors in Iraq? Return to start.

List them for me because this seem null and void now?

The Republicans care about you-If you are connected to them or a big company.

IMO.

Yeah here comes the flames but I want to know the truth. Contracts, Liaison and just proven facts.

Guess the profit margins of gas companies and Haliburton are due to the economy, crated by the ex CEO?

banyon
07-27-2008, 07:40 AM
So I went to his website. On the left hand side it said "join the movement." On the right hand side it said "learn more." I clicked "join the movement." Was that the right thing to do?

Click on "pull the trigger". ;)

whatsmynameagain
07-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Awesome post. Barack Milhaus Obama shows up after a free concert and hands out free bratwurst and beer to German kids and somehow this is supposed to be the sign of something special.

Merci Beaucoup!

Yep im sure those 2 bands that played pulled a crowd of 200,000+ alone. This shows how stupid you really are. Its not name calling, its factuality. Go ahead, check out all the music festivals that happen in European countries like v fest or glastonbury. While checking them out make sure to look at how many people attend thsoe festivals and the artists playing. These are weekend long festivals and they normally draw anywhere from 150,000-300,000 people from all over the world. So it makes sense that 2 bands doing a free concert pulls almost a quarter of a million attendees.

***SPRAYER
07-27-2008, 10:42 AM
"Thanks for sliding out my ass so easy, son." -whatsmynameagain's mom.

Messier
07-27-2008, 12:56 PM
"Thanks for sliding out my ass so easy, son." -whatsmynameagain's mom.

Are you 12 years old?

Adept Havelock
07-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Are you 12 years old?

Not chronologically. ;)