PDA

View Full Version : Poop Nickle look for Chiefs

the Talking Can
07-26-2008, 07:14 PM
from Gretz (http://www.bobgretz.com/?p=291#more-291)

Glenn Dorsey was on the field and moved right into one of the starting tackle spots on the defense. He looked like he was in good shape and seemed to handle the afternoon well. He also had several big-league battles with veteran LG Brian Waters and I must say that Waters won most of them. In fact, in just two on-field practices, Waters has easily been one of the most impressive performers.

The Chiefs did a pass protection-pass rush drill twice during the session. Right off the bat was DE Tamba Hali against LT Branden Albert. On the first snap they battled to a draw, but Hali got the advantage on the second play as he would have flushed the quarterback out of the pocket. These two had a second series of rushes, with Albert getting the edge this time. Talk about a battle of athletes. This one will be fun to watch throughout camp.

Dorsey and Waters were next and Waters stopped the rookie twice. C Rudy Niswanger battled DT Ron Edwards to a pair of draws, while RG Adrian Jones did a good job on DE-DT Alfonso Boone. RT Damion McIntosh had some problems with DE Turk McBride.

McBride has added weight and looks very good and very active right now. When the Chiefs go to their No. 1 nickel defense, they bring Edwards and MLB Napoleon Harris off the field and insert McBride at RDE, moving Boone inside. The extra defensive back is either Pat Surtain or Brandon Carr, depending on who started in the base defense.

First, I really wish we weren't moving Boone out of his natural position, but at least he should shore up the run D on that side. We're playing McBride out of position as well, but maybe he'll figure it out.

Or maybe this is more of Gun's ****ing clueless-ness.

Second, I was going to ask who is the 11th player if we're taking out Edwards (LB) and Harris and bringing in a 3rd CB...but maybe he meant Edwards (DT) comes out.

In any case, note that Harris - who was supposed to be the perfect 3 down cover-2 LB - is now coming out on nickle.

Can anyone decipher which LBs are on the field? Just DJ and Edwards? or what am I missing here?

Mecca
07-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Probably DJ and Edwards....

I wish they'd just cut Ron Edwards he's pretty worthless......I think they'd be better off just going with Dorsey, Boone, Tyler and McBride as the DT's maybe with McBride fluxing out sometimes....

Let the young guys have at DE till we draft one next year, moving guys out of position isn't going to solve the problem.

SNR
07-26-2008, 07:19 PM
I would assume Ron Edwards comes off and McBride comes in

Two LBs: Donnie Edwards and Derrick Johnson

3 CBs, 2 S

SNR
07-26-2008, 07:20 PM

I wish they'd just cut Ron Edwards he's pretty worthless......I think they'd be better off just going with Dorsey, Boone, Tyler and McBride as the DT's maybe with McBride fluxing out sometimes....

Let the young guys have at DE till we draft one next year, moving guys out of position isn't going to solve the problem.Do we even have enough, though? What if someone like McBride or Boone gets injured?

the Talking Can
07-26-2008, 07:21 PM

Let the young guys have at DE till we draft one next year, moving guys out of position isn't going to solve the problem.

agree totally

that's potentially a rock solid DT rotation...and Boone was great for 8 games last year, why the hell move him now?

if we're really going young, then put johnson out there and let McBride play his natural and preferred position...instead we create two problems from one.

Does anyone remember if Harris came out on nickle last year?

Christ, I can't wait till we draft Mauauauauauauauauauaualauauauangauaua next year.

Mecca
07-26-2008, 07:22 PM
We need LB's for sure but we'd probably get better value going DE then LB.....I can't believe I said that when a SC guy is involved.

recxjake
07-26-2008, 07:23 PM
To make room for Dorsey on the roster, the Chiefs released S Ron Girault, a rookie free agent out of Rutgers.

That sucks for him... didn't even have a chance!

SNR
07-26-2008, 07:26 PM
To make room for Dorsey on the roster, the Chiefs released S Ron Girault, a rookie free agent out of Rutgers.

That sucks for him... didn't even have a chance!****! He'll probably sign with the Donks and become an all-star for them.

DAMMIT CARL! :cuss:

Rain Man
07-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Didn't McBride weight like 280 last year? He's either an LDE or he's going to get shoved through the end zone at DT, unless he's picked up a fair amount of weight. I'd rather see him at DE.

Mecca
07-26-2008, 07:28 PM
There no chance of any other safeties making the roster because see, they refuse to acknowledge that Bernard Pollard should be a LB and John McGraw is Herm's boyfriend.

Douche Baggins
07-26-2008, 07:29 PM
That's actually inaccurate. McBride plays LDE.

Pollard got knocked on his ass by Kolby today, BTW, Mecca.

the Talking Can
07-26-2008, 07:30 PM
We need LB's for sure but we'd probably get better value going DE then LB.....I can't believe I said that when a SC guy is involved.

possible, but I've been dreaming of a real mlb for a damn decade...plus, the chance to stack the middle of our D with Dorsey and a stud MLB has multiplying effect on everyone else...

anyways, we'll spend some FA $$$ next year, I bet...whichever we don't draft could be addressed that way, and I'm talking premium FA, not another Harris second tier type....

Uncle_Ted
07-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Christ, I can't wait till we draft Mauauauauauauauauauaualauauauangauaua next year.

Is that slang for Tim Tebow? o:-)

TrickyNicky
How is Brian Johnston doing?

Mecca
Can we just draft Taylor Mays so we don't have to see Pollard try to play safety anymore?

the Talking Can
07-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Didn't McBride weight like 280 last year? He's either an LDE or he's going to get shoved through the end zone at DT, unless he's picked up a fair amount of weight. I'd rather see him at DE.

he was mostly a DT at UT, and he said it is natural position...he can be a DT in a cover 2....

the Talking Can
07-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Is that slang for Tim Tebow? o:-)

is that slang for "kill me now?"

:D

Mecca
07-26-2008, 07:33 PM
I just don't understand why they are so hell bent on playing guys out of position.....so what if Brian Johnston isn't that good to start out, let him play see what he's got and let the other guys play their real positions so they can get use to them for you know when the team is good.

Fish
07-26-2008, 07:34 PM
I'd bet a donut that Morgan takes Pollard's starting spot sometime during the season....

Douche Baggins
07-26-2008, 07:34 PM
How is Brian Johnston doing?

The depth at DE sucks, but he's pretty much a lock to make the roster. He's athletic and stouter than Jared Allen was. Has a motor, too.

Mecca
07-26-2008, 07:35 PM
I'd bet a donut that Morgan takes Pollard's starting spot sometime during the season....

The problem with that is Morgan is more of a FS, he's smaller and quicker and reads the ball well.....

This team still probably needs a SS.

the Talking Can
07-26-2008, 07:37 PM
I just don't understand why they are so hell bent on playing guys out of position.....so what if Brian Johnston isn't that good to start out, let him play see what he's got and let the other guys play their real positions so they can get use to them for you know when the team is good.

Gunther

he thinks he's smarter than everyone....

i ****ing hate him

play Johnson at DE
play Boone and McBride at DE

don't play Edwards....

Mecca
07-26-2008, 07:39 PM
They should just cut Ron Edwards but I forgot, he's Krumrie's boy from Buffalo so he gets to stay even when he's old and shitty.

Now this is where I kinda shake my head when people say the Chiefs can win 7 games, I just wonder if they see all the holes I do.

SNR
07-26-2008, 07:43 PM
There no chance of any other safeties making the roster because see, they refuse to acknowledge that Bernard Pollard should be a LB and John McGraw is Herm's boyfriend.I hear that Jason Belser is free on Sunday afternoons...