PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If Favre goes to the Jets, does it affect the Chiefs?

Coogs
07-27-2008, 11:30 AM
My guess is they would keep Clemmons and let Pennington go. Would Pennington become our backup QB and Huard be sent packing?

OnTheWarpath58
07-27-2008, 11:33 AM
IMO, Pennington is the younger Huard.

However, should Croyle get injured, I guess I'd prefer Pennington as a backup over Huard. Assuming that's the only option the team considers.

I'd make Thigpen the #2, unless there was a clear-cut better option, which right now, there isn't.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-27-2008, 11:36 AM
With the Jets going the signing vets route this offseason, going after Favre would not be surprising. As for Pennington, if he is signed to replace Huard I don't really see a problem with it.

kstater
07-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Isn't Huard making like 2.5 million/year? Why would you eat that cap space just to swap out backups?

Dylan
07-27-2008, 11:38 AM
No. The NY Giants devalued him.

:D aw, I really like him

kstaker: don't forget Indy!

JuicesFlowing
07-27-2008, 11:41 AM
I'll take Pennington over Huard as a backup any day.

Deberg_1990
07-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Herm luvs him sum Pennington!

Baconeater
07-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Does anyone really believe that if Pennington comes here he will be a backup?

Bill Parcells
07-27-2008, 11:50 AM
The Chiefs can have that noodle arm piece of shit.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/jackass500/mspin.gif

OnTheWarpath58
07-27-2008, 11:50 AM

Who would sign him to be a starter?

Baconeater
07-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Who would sign him to be a starter?
:shrug:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/staff/herman_edwards.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
07-27-2008, 11:58 AM
:shrug:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/staff/herman_edwards.jpg

No way.

Croyle's the man unless he gets injured.

JuicesFlowing
07-27-2008, 12:09 PM

Yes, because Herm has defended Croyle through thick and thin. Croyle is the guy right now. I honestly don't see us getting another quarterback this year. If Croyle fails, yes, but no way we get another starter instead of Croyle right now.

milkman
07-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Isn't Huard making like 2.5 million/year? Why would you eat that cap space just to swap out backups?

It's not what he makes, it's what his signing bonus was.

If he's cut, his base salary goes away.

His signing bonus gets accelerated to the cap.

He has only one or two years left on his contract, and I don't believe his SB was all that substantial, so cutting him would have a minimal impact on the cap.

But he won't be cut.

DeezNutz
07-27-2008, 12:28 PM
"At the end of day, we won a lot of games with Chad Pennington. We won playoff games. Last I checked, that's what counts." /Herm/

DeezNutz
07-27-2008, 12:29 PM
No way.

Croyle's the man until he gets injured, which should be in week 2.

FYP

Dylan
07-27-2008, 12:45 PM
The Chiefs can have that noodle arm piece of shit.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/jackass500/mspin.gif

LMAO

I mean any disrespect --Chad the starter or the backup for the Jets ?

blueballs
07-27-2008, 12:47 PM
herm also had to put up with Chad's known injury history
and going through about 5 QBs and his head coaching job in jeopardy
herm has shown he learn.............shit

BigRock
07-27-2008, 12:53 PM

Well, let's see. Brodie has been learning the new offense since, what, the day Gailey was hired? Pennington's been learning it since... never. So even if he showed up at Chiefs' camp 5 minutes ago, he'd be so far behind that he'd never catch up.

Also, Gailey designed the new offense around what his players can do. Brodie has a cannon for an arm and Pennington throws the ball from a limp noodle attached to his shoulder. Unless every single one of Gailey's pass plays involve routes under 10 yards, it may be something of a problem if his QB can't throw farther than that without launching up a wounded, wobbly duck.

Also, Pennington is 32 years old. If the Chiefs suddenly felt like bailing out on the stated goal of finding a young QB, and wanted to add a guy north of 30 for a season or two, why wouldn't they try to go after Favre themselves?

In summary, yes, if Pennington comes here (which he's not) he's gonna be a backup.

siberian khatru
07-27-2008, 12:57 PM
ly option the team considers.

I'd make Thigpen the #2, unless there was a clear-cut better option, which right now, there isn't.

Me too. Might as well see what our other young QB can do, if the opportunity arises.

RustShack
07-27-2008, 01:56 PM
I'll take him over Huard anyday.

Mecca
07-27-2008, 02:35 PM
I think Herm loves injury prone QB's.

StcChief
07-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Pennington could replace Huard in years... still at the end of the day, he's a backup and not our future

milkman
07-27-2008, 04:12 PM
I think Herm loves injury prone QB's.

You and I have been on the same page for much of the time, so don't take this personally.

This post right here is far and away the dumbest thing you've ever said.

Mecca
07-27-2008, 04:14 PM
You and I have been on the same page for much of the time, so don't take this personally.

This post right here is far and away the dumbest thing you've ever said.

It wasn't meant to be serious, just ironic that his QB with the Jets has always been injured and the guy they want to be the Chiefs QB is the same story.

blueballs
07-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Clemens is sucking it up and Pennington is barely winning out
even if Favre goes to the Bucs instead of the Jets
Garcia will get dropped and could go to NY

blueballs Jr
07-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Clemens is sucking it up and Pennington is barely winning out
even if Favre goes to the Bucs instead of the Jets
Garcia will get dropped and could go to NY

Dad, you were right. you're one of the best posters here. that is some excellent football knowledge you're showing there.

LiL stumppy
07-27-2008, 05:22 PM
IMO, Pennington is the younger Huard.

However, should Croyle get injured, I guess I'd prefer Pennington as a backup over Huard. Assuming that's the only option the team considers.

I am not so sure Pennington would be better than Thigpen. I also thought Pennington was a decent QB, but I have heard a lot of good things about Thigpen this season.

blueballs
07-27-2008, 05:48 PM

Bowser
07-27-2008, 06:17 PM
All aboard the Tyler Thigpen bandwagon.

RustShack
07-27-2008, 07:14 PM
I am not so sure Pennington would be better than Thigpen. I also thought Pennington was a decent QB, but I have heard a lot of good things about Thigpen this season.

I've heard Tyler has been sucking it up in training camp.

whoman69
07-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Despite the obvious hard on that Herm had for Pennington, I just don't see Pederson buying into the hype and bringing him in. If we are truly trying to get younger as a team then bringing in a weak armed 32 year old QB that has yet to really come back from his injury does nothing for us.

DT58HOF
07-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Huard will start more games than Croyle this year and Pennington will be out of the league in 3 years or less.

Rausch
07-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Huard will start more games than Croyle this year...

Coogs
07-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Also, Gailey designed the new offense around what his players can do. Brodie has a cannon for an arm and Pennington throws the ball from a limp noodle attached to his shoulder. Unless every single one of Gailey's pass plays involve routes under 10 yards, it may be something of a problem if his QB can't throw farther than that without launching up a wounded, wobbly duck.

There was an article in the Star a couple of days ago that said Cox was the FB with the first team. He said the plays were the same as they ran at GT. So I am not sure the offense is being designed around what the palyers can do. And I see from Claythan today where a lot of short routes are being ran.

That being said. I have also seen/heard reports where the new offense is a hit with LJ at least.

blueballs
07-28-2008, 09:11 AM
New York Post
"Yesterday at Hofstra was Day 4 of the Jets quarterback competition and Day 3 of the Brett Favre watch. There was not much progress on either front. Neither Chad Pennington nor Kellen Clemens has stood out yet, and the Jets remained quiet on whether they are working on a deal with the Packers. Pennington has been better than Clemens so far, but camp is only a few days old and this competition figures to last the entire summer. Clemens continues to turn the ball over in practice, fumbling a snap and throwing an interception again yesterday. Jets coach Eric Mangini did not single Clemens out, but talked about how turnovers drive him crazy. "Some mistakes are obviously more apparent than ..."

the JETS were better off with Herm than Manboobs
or at the least younger

Mr. Arrowhead
07-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Huard will start more games than Croyle this year
You wanna bet?

Rausch
07-28-2008, 09:14 AM
the JETS were better off with Herm than Manboobs
or at the least younger

How many playoff games Manboobs win?...

blueballs
07-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Pennington will be out of the league in 3 years or less.

penny is 32
not much of a stretch

blueballs
07-28-2008, 09:16 AM
How many playoff games Manboobs win?...

but he brought in Bubba Franks and Tony Richardson

Rausch
07-28-2008, 09:20 AM
but he brought in Bubba Franks and Tony Richardson

Bubba is a classic underachiever.

TRich was a brilliant move considering their emphasis on the running game.

Amnorix
07-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Would not surprise me at all if hte Jets went for Favre. Tannenbaum and the Rat (the other Rat) have clearly chucked the Belichick method of building teams and have invested everythign they can to WIN NOW in order to save their jobs after last year's pathetic excuse of a season.

They signed some talent, of that there is no doubt. We'll see fi they can put it all together and at least not embarass themselves like they did last year.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 09:24 AM
They signed some talent, of that there is no doubt. We'll see fi they can put it all together and at least not embarass themselves like they did last year.

And they had talent before, but much like KC, it was inconsistent or injured.

This should be a rebound year and I fully expect a playoff push. But I also expect a 2 year window and back to the suck...

blueballs
07-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Bubba is a classic underachiever.

TRich was a brilliant move considering their emphasis on the running game.

TRich will be 37 in December
and spends alot of time injured

Rausch
07-28-2008, 09:33 AM
TRich will be 37 in December
and spends alot of time injured

His days in short yardage and pass catching are long over.

Now he's just an expensive Lorenzo Neal, but a good one...

King_Chief_Fan
07-28-2008, 09:57 AM
If the Chiefs end up with Pennington, it will be because of the continued lack of confidence in Croyle. Pennington in KC means by week 4 he is the starter, not the back up........imo.

blueballs
07-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Favre will not get what he wants
go pout in a corner and stay retired
maybe he's earn the right -but it's also pathetic

cadmonkey
07-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Let me say this, if you are hoping the Jets release Chad "Glass Arm" Pennington so your team can have a shot at him as a starter, you are going to have one hell of a long season. Pennington is one of the worst QBs in the league.

You guys got Herm, that was a total failure. If you guys get Pennington too, you should become Raiders fans.

blueballs
07-28-2008, 10:20 AM
and the stock piling of top nfl rookie talent continues
with out a hitch

Reerun_KC
07-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Let me say this, if you are hoping the Jets release Chad "Glass Arm" Pennington so your team can have a shot at him as a starter, you are going to have one hell of a long season. Pennington is one of the worst QBs in the league.

You guys got Herm, that was a total failure. If you guys get Pennington too, you should become Raiders fans.
:clap:

Damn!

Coogs
07-28-2008, 11:31 AM

Who would want him as the starter? I just asked if Favre went to the Jets, do you think Pennington will become our backup. I could see it given Herm likes Pennington.

King_Chief_Fan
07-28-2008, 11:43 AM

no one WANTS Pennington for anything. If he ends up in KC it is because of Herm. And because of Herm, he will become the starter. I will become a Raider fan if that happens.:cuss: