PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Clark Hunt's Impact on Chiefs?

dorseybowe
07-27-2008, 03:37 PM
It seems that Clark Hunt is taking a very active role in making sure his Kansas City Chiefs improve. Great draft, picks signed and in camp, letting us know that Carl's job isn't secure for life, talking to players, at River Falls, etc. etc. How much does he overshadow the decisions Carl and Herman make? What has been Clark Hunt's impact or influence on the Chiefs since the lost of the legend Lamar?

(I posted this on another site, but I want to know what the Chiefsplanet crew thinks.)

RustShack
07-27-2008, 03:50 PM
I think he seen what his father did wrong, and hes going to try to make the changes he thinks are for the best. I think hes doing the right things so far.

StcChief
07-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Clark is in "the game" he understands what it takes to make his investment in the Stadium rebound this team.... His money is in the ground, time to make sure the product is very solid, I like the move and I hope he doesn't become complacent in the next few years

dorseybowe
07-27-2008, 04:04 PM
I would like to think that he isn't a businessman, but that would not be true. He owns some big investment firms. Coming to River Falls does show he has genuine interest in the Chiefs. It shows the players that he is willing to sacrifice. He obviously doesn't have to be there.

blueballs
07-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I think Lamar was more interested in what was best for the NFL as a whole

RustShack
07-27-2008, 04:19 PM
I think Carl poisened Lamars mind, and Clark isn't letting that happen to him.

Huffman83
07-27-2008, 05:17 PM
If anything...He's a young guy and has the energy that his father didn't have for the Chiefs in the last few years of his life.

I say w/ don't go sucking his dick just yet though.

Ari Chi3fs
07-27-2008, 05:24 PM
as soon as he fires Carl, we can talk about Clark's "impact"

Ebolapox
07-27-2008, 05:26 PM
If anything...He's a young guy and has the energy that his father didn't have for the Chiefs in the last few years of his life.

I say w/ don't go sucking his dick just yet though.

:spock:

I don't plan on sucking any dick any time soon, let alone clark hunt's dick.

Ari Chi3fs
07-27-2008, 05:32 PM

I don't plan on sucking any dick any time soon, let alone clark hunt's dick.

Yeah, whatever.... Dick Sucker. :rolleyes:

ROFL

NewChief
07-27-2008, 05:33 PM
From what I understand, his biggest impact may be in pulling some of the power from Carl and placing it in the hands of his head coach.

dorseybowe
07-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah, whatever.... Dick Sucker. :rolleyes:

ROFL

Clark bagged a wild one; Miss Kansas USA.

http://www.treadsandthreads.org/_FileLibrary/FileImage/Hunts-HonoraryChairs-small.jpg

Skip Towne
07-27-2008, 05:37 PM
He's let Carl hang around. Strike one.

Skip Towne
07-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Clark bagged a wild one; Miss Kansas USA.

http://www.treadsandthreads.org/_FileLibrary/FileImage/Hunts-HonoraryChairs-small.jpg

I'll bet it is his sparkling personality.

2bikemike
07-27-2008, 05:55 PM
I'll bet it is his sparkling personality.

I wish I had his $parkling Per$onality!

redbrian
07-27-2008, 06:10 PM
I would like to think that he isn't a businessman, but that would not be true. He owns some big investment firms. Coming to River Falls does show he has genuine interest in the Chiefs. It shows the players that he is willing to sacrifice. He obviously doesn't have to be there.

Yea why would you want a "buisnessman" in charge of your oginization....better have a wacked out drooling ex-coach run the franchise in the ground.....

SNR
07-27-2008, 06:29 PM

I don't plan on sucking any dick any time soon, let alone clark hunt's dick.Cock gobbler

Ari Chi3fs
07-27-2008, 06:37 PM

But dude... you've got TWO bikes. You should have no worries. ROFL

tmax63
07-27-2008, 07:50 PM
The fans have heard more from Clark in the past six months than we heard from his dad in the last six years. I get the feeling that Clark really likes football, has seen what he thinks was wrong and has started to fix things. I also think there is things happening behind the scenes that the fans aren't aware of (just a gut feeling). Young energetic owners tend to rub off on the other employees just as old or less interested employers do.

whoman69
07-27-2008, 08:23 PM
I saw Lamar having too many other things going on to pay attention to the Chiefs. Clark hasn't shown that he is beyond taking this thing as a business. So far he has been very conservative about commiting money to the team. I'll believe he's laid down the law about Carl's job not being safe if he is gone after another poor year. I see Clark so far much like Augie Busch IV with the Cardinals. Busch ran the Cardinals like it was an obigation to his father but soon gave up on it and sold the team. It wouldn't surprise me to see Clark Hunt doing the same.

Skip Towne
07-27-2008, 08:27 PM

He picked his parents better than you did.

dorseybowe
07-27-2008, 09:28 PM
I saw Lamar having too many other things going on to pay attention to the Chiefs. Clark hasn't shown that he is beyond taking this thing as a business. So far he has been very conservative about commiting money to the team. I'll believe he's laid down the law about Carl's job not being safe if he is gone after another poor year. I see Clark so far much like Augie Busch IV with the Cardinals. Busch ran the Cardinals like it was an obigation to his father but soon gave up on it and sold the team. It wouldn't surprise me to see Clark Hunt doing the same.

As I said, he is a businessman, but he would never sell the team. It would be disrespectful to his father.

Some Clark Hunt quotes:

“The Chiefs are going to receive the majority of my time,” Hunt said. “That’s been a big shift over the last 18 months."

“Now I’m tuned into it closely,” he said. “The Chiefs are by far my No. 1 priority.”

"But I am keenly interested in the strategy that we're using to build the football team over a three- and five-year period. I feel a responsibility to help us win the trophy that has my dad's name on it and get us to the Super Bowl."

Mojo Rising
07-28-2008, 02:27 AM
As I said, he is a businessman, but he would never sell the team. It would be disrespectful to his father.

Some Clark Hunt quotes:

“The Chiefs are going to receive the majority of my time,” Hunt said. “That’s been a big shift over the last 18 months."

“Now I’m tuned into it closely,” he said. “The Chiefs are by far my No. 1 priority.”

"But I am keenly interested in the strategy that we're using to build the football team over a three- and five-year period. I feel a responsibility to help us win the trophy that has my dad's name on it and get us to the Super Bowl."

This is from a man whose only accomplishment has been Ms. Kansas. Ans that was all thanks to his Gradand (His money anyway.)

I had a class with Ms Kansas at UMKC in the early 90's and she was a nice gal. That is the last nice comment I have concerning the Chiefs. The Hunts have milked the Chiefs as a cash cow ever since they won the SB in 69.

After Lamar won the SB and the AFL became 1 with the NFL Lamar focused on Soccer. Even though Lamar was born with a silver spoon at least he helped start the AFL.

What did Clark ever do? In the Mon Morn QB Peter King listed us as $32Mil under the cap.

We have been in the bottom 1/3 of the cap for years.

We traded one of the most dominant defensive players in the league who has been injury free and is still in his youth because of future financial concerns?

If Clark wanted to make a difference he would have canned CP on day 1. He is even cheaper than his dad who used the Chiefs to fund all of his other crazy ideas.