PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Oliver Stones George W. Bush movie trailer

Deberg_1990
07-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Hurry kids, it wont last long!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJh7Md5KuWc

"What are you cut out for? Fighting, chasing tail, driving drunk? "Who do you think you are? A Kennedy?" "Your a Bush!" hahaha....Good stuff.

chiefforlife
07-27-2008, 05:42 PM
We will miss all of his vast experience that led him to be Commander in Chief.

Ari Chi3fs
07-27-2008, 05:51 PM
wow. was just released and Dugg like 45 minutes ago.

Should be interesting. Too bad that it wasn't released in summer 2004.

Deberg_1990
07-27-2008, 05:54 PM
I think a Bill Clinton movie would be much more fun to watch... especially the cigar scene.....

I'm not sure what the obsession is with W. is.... he isn't running again... he beat the Democrats twice... once w/out the most votes... Democrats should be ashamed they couldn't beat him... why go after him when he has 6 months left? He's done... let him be.

Yea, its pretty much petty bitterness that the Libs wont let die. But this flick does look like fun.

Direckshun
07-27-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm actually disappointed, because I heard the movie will be taking a "Dubya is a dumb fratboy" approach. I think that perspective is cheap and misunderstands the cancer in Bush's presidency.

Bush has been an expert political salesman as long as he's been in the business. He's been a fairly genius campaigner. But that's where his skill has lied: in campaigning. In dedicating himself to getting elected. Once elected, his weaknesses as a statesmen, a decision-maker, a diplomat, and a delegater have all been exposed as pretty damn awful, four things that you really, really need to do well at this job.

People hear him speak and they just draw the simplest line possible. He's dumb, therefore he's a bad president. It's more complex than that, and I wish Stone considers it carefully in the movie.

Edit: And that's the necessary evil of democratic politics: to become a President, you need a quality that in and of itself isn't intrinsically Presidential: you need to advertise yourself. By doing this, you end up in these situations: you've got a President who's great at getting elected but lousy as being a President. That's the necessary evil in American politics.

And it could have been a great movie had it taken that angle.

HolmeZz
07-27-2008, 05:57 PM
I think a Bill Clinton movie would be much more fun to watch... especially the cigar scene.....

I'm not sure what the obsession is with Clinton is.... he isn't runing again... he beat the Republicans twice... both times w/ the most votes... Republicans should be ashamed they couldn't beat him... why go after him when he's been out of office for 8 years? He's done... let him be.

HolmeZz
07-27-2008, 06:07 PM
My point exactly... Republicans didnt create a movie to score political points.

No, you just advocated them doing so, right before condemning Oliver Stone's movie.

Bowser
07-27-2008, 06:09 PM
My point exactly... Republicans didnt create a movie to score political points.

Clinton wasn't arguably one of the worst presidents we've ever had, either.

Direckshun
07-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Clinton wasn't arguably one of the worst presidents we've ever had, either.
You don't know that! History will judge!

History, I says!

HHHHHHHIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSTTTTTOOOOOOooooorrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy.......

Bowser
07-27-2008, 06:12 PM
You don't know that! History will judge!

History, I says!

HHHHHHHIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSTTTTTOOOOOOooooorrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy.......

HE COULD HAVE KILLED BIN LADEN BUT DIDN'T!!!onemumblemumble

HolmeZz
07-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Did they?! No... ROFL

Republicans never mocked Clinton? Yeah, ok.

Bowser
07-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Republicans never mocked Clinton? Yeah, ok.

Republicans are made of the feathers from angel wings, you abrasive prick! How dare you, sir!

Direckshun
07-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Republicans didn't create a Clinton blow job movie, nor should they have.

http://www.columbus.com.lb/columbus/lib/primary_colors.jpg

chiefforlife
07-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Its hard to believe anyone could defend W. at this point. It pains me to admit that I was once a W. supporter.
I dont think even Donald Rumsfeld could defend W. now.
A movie about how an idiot became President would be entertaining but I would much rather watch a movie about what he did after he became President.

Bowser
07-27-2008, 06:20 PM
http://www.columbus.com.lb/columbus/lib/primary_colors.jpg

Thus ends Jake's participation in this thread.

Bowser
07-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Was it called J. No... did it use the same names.. No... was it the life story of Bill Clinton... No... Not even close.

LMAO

Please. Travolta just looked like, sounded like, and acted like Clinton by pure coincidence, right?