PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Shia LaBeouf in trouble again...

Deberg_1990
07-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Popped for a DUI.

Too bad. I hope this kid doesnt turn into the male version of Lohan. The kids got talent.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/07/shia-labeoufs-3.html

Indiana Jones" and "Transformers" star Shia LaBeouf may have officially joined the Hollywood Bad Boys Club.

According to the Associated Press, LaBeouf was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving early Sunday a.m. after he was involved in a car accident at the corner of La Brea and Fountain in Hollywood.

One car rolled, paramedics were called to the scene, both parties involved were taken to a local hospital.

According to the report, no major injuries, thank heavens.

LaBeouf was placed under arrest on suspicion of drunk driving because he reportedly exhibited "outward signs" of intoxication at the scene.

However, he was not taken into custody and reportedly will be released from the hospital.

Stay tuned! More as it develops

Pablo
07-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Douche name. Douche face.

Hollywood Bad Boy Club? That guy's about as hard as the Michelin Man.

KcMizzou
07-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Too bad his car can't actually drive itself.

BWillie
07-27-2008, 08:32 PM
big deal. It's a DUI, everybody gets a DUI at some point in their lives

kstater
07-27-2008, 08:35 PM

Well that makes drinking and driving good in my book.

Deberg_1990
07-27-2008, 08:36 PM

Well that makes it acceptable then.

Sure-Oz
07-27-2008, 08:40 PM

lol, speak from experience?

Tribal Warfare
07-27-2008, 08:42 PM

With one car rolling over? Yep, that's a cake walk there

J Diddy
07-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Too bad his car can't actually drive itself.

no kidding

the real question is can someone get a dui when drinking while
riding in a transformer

Nightfyre
07-27-2008, 08:52 PM
no kidding

riding in a transformer

Ask the dude who got a dui for the motorized wheelchair.

Portlantis
07-27-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/onionmagazine_archive_137a.jpg

Tribal Warfare
07-27-2008, 09:13 PM
no kidding

riding in a transformer

Bumble Bee, must be hella-pissed

DaneMcCloud
07-27-2008, 09:53 PM
FWIW, that's a crappy, weird intersection.

Fountain heading East suddenly becomes one lane after crossing LaBrea. It's fairly dangerous when you're sober.

He's a dumb**** for driving drunk, especially on Saturday night in Hollywood.

Grow up, Dude.

Midnight_Vulture
07-28-2008, 09:50 AM
FWIW, that's a crappy, weird intersection.

Fountain heading East suddenly becomes one lane after crossing LaBrea. It's fairly dangerous when you're sober.

He's a dumb**** for driving drunk, especially on Saturday night in Hollywood.

Grow up, Dude.

Didnt your buddy Kiether Sutherland get like two DUIs recently?ROFL

Rausch
07-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Didnt your buddy Kiether Sutherland get like two DUIs recently?ROFL

Oscer Drowning Jr. as well...

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Douche name. Douche face.

Hollywood Bad Boy Club? That guy's about as hard as the Michelin Man.

Explain to me why a Hebrew name for a Jewish kid = a douche name?

Rausch
07-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Explain to me why a Hebrew name for a Jewish kid = a douche name?

I'm guilty of the same.

The last name made me think frog, not Hebrew.

Wait, are you trying to say Jews can't be douchebags too?...:mad:

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm guilty of the same.

The last name made me think frog, not Hebrew.

First name is Hebrew. Last name is French.

Wait, are you trying to say Jews can't be douchebags too?...:mad:

No, just not solely based upon a Hebrew name. :p

Rausch
07-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Last name is French.

Then he's a douchebag.

Argument over.

No, just not solely based upon a Hebrew name. :p

I might show my ignorance here but I thought the last name was most important in Judiasm (once removed from the days of Christian persecution.)

Besides that the French are the most antisemetic nation in the EU. Easily. And that's saying a lot...

Phobia
07-28-2008, 10:29 AM

Everybody?

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Then he's a douchebag.

Argument over.

I might show my ignorance here but I thought the last name was most important in Judiasm (once removed from the days of Christian persecution.)

Besides that the French are the most antisemetic nation in the EU. Easily. And that's saying a lot...

His father is French and mother is Jewish. While France does have anti-Semitic tendencies, they did elect a President with Jewish roots.

Pablo
07-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Explain to me why a Hebrew name for a Jewish kid = a douche name?Because I don't like it. I don't care if he's Jewish or it's part of his heritage. Shia LaDouche it is.

vailpass
07-28-2008, 01:40 PM
You'd think he would get a stage name.
Rock Studwell or something.
Shia? Might as well be Sally.

FAX
07-28-2008, 01:44 PM
I try not to draw conclusions from press reports like these. The fact is that he may not have been under the influence at all. It may be that he merely cracked his melon in the crash. A reasonably good melon crack can, in fact, present as intoxication, as we all know.

But, I'll tell you this. If Mr. GonzoRox88 says he's a douche, he's a douche.

FAX

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Because I don't like it. I don't care if he's Jewish or it's part of his heritage. Shia LaDouche it is.

So you don't like something which you don't understand? Gotcha.

vailpass
07-28-2008, 02:58 PM
So you don't like something which you don't understand? Gotcha.

Do you think you might be just a bit overdefensive just because the kid has a jewish name?

Pablo
07-28-2008, 03:52 PM
So you don't like something which you don't understand? Gotcha.Exactly. If he was of Irish heritage and his name was Cornelius Fitzgerald, I'd say he has a douche name. The fact that he's Jewish is of no bearing in my reasoning. He has a douche name.

Shia is a hideous name for a male. Regardless of religion, race, so on and so forth. It's a terrible name. And LaDouche tops it off.

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Do you think you might be just a bit overdefensive just because the kid has a jewish name?

1. He doesn't have a Jewish name, he has a Hebrew name.

2. No.

FAX
07-28-2008, 05:10 PM
The way I look at it, when the late, great Frank Zappa named his first born, "Moon Unit", all bets were off.

FAX

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Oscer Drowning Jr. as well...Difference being, Robert Downey Jr. could run over a nun, thirty-five orphans, and a napping Warren Buffet, yet still be awesome.

vailpass
07-28-2008, 05:27 PM
1. He doesn't have a Jewish name, he has a Hebrew name.

2. No.

So you are saying that if this guy wasn't a member of the tribe and had a goofy name that wasn't hebrew you would still be defending his name so zealously?

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2008, 06:43 PM
So you are saying that if this guy wasn't a member of the tribe and had a goofy name that wasn't hebrew you would still be defending his name so zealously?

Depends. If it's a cultural name that has meaning, yes. If it's some stupid shit like "Apple" or "Rumor" - no.

vailpass
07-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Depends. If it's a cultural name that has meaning, yes. If it's some stupid shit like "Apple" or "Rumor" - no.

Respect for your honesty.

FAX
07-28-2008, 09:14 PM
You raise a very interesting point, Mr. DaKCMan AP. It would be really nice if we went back to names that had an actual meaning instead of just what sounds nice or what's popular at the time.

It would take a great deal of the guesswork out of getting to know people. Dumbass Johnson, for example. A name like that would tell you a lot about a candidate during an employment interview. Or Slutty Vandersloot. Now, there's a girl who gets some dang prom queen votes.

FAX

KcMizzou
07-28-2008, 09:22 PM
You raise a very interesting point, Mr. DaKCMan AP. It would be really nice if we went back to names that had an actual meaning instead of just what sounds nice or what's popular at the time.

It would take a great deal of the guesswork out of getting to know people. Dumbass Johnson, for example. A name like that would tell you a lot about a candidate during an employment interview. Or Slutty Vandersloot. Now, there's a girl who gets some dang prom queen votes.

FAXLMAO Makes me think of a discussion thread I was reading on Fark. They were talking Batman, bitching about comic writer's lack of creativity, and such. Some guy was complaining about the name of Batman's new love interest. Jezebel Jenks... or something like that.

The guy's comment was, "Apparently "Whorey McSlut" was taken."

KcMizzou
07-28-2008, 09:39 PM
And apparently, there she is...