PDA

View Full Version : Royals David DeJesus

petegz28
07-28-2008, 05:56 AM
This guy is the best Royals player we have had since we dumped the last batch fo All-Stars (Damon, Beltran, Dye). This kid is carrying this team on his shoulders. Bat him 1st or 3rd, play him in LF, CF or RF, move runners, get on base, cross the plate make great defensive plays...this kid does it all and without complaining and puts up the #'s game in and out. Yes he is having a career year. I really like atching this guy play ball and I hope the Royals don't **** up and trade him.

Props to DD for a great weekend of ball.

chiefbowe82
07-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Jose Guillen!

Kansas City fans are again booing Jose Guillen for not running hard to first or after fly balls in the outfield.

Guillen said they do not know he is playing hurt.

“Some of the fans are yelling at me, ‘Why you not hustle? Why you not hustle?’ Sometimes that gets to your head,” Guillen said. “They can’t see the big (pointing to the wrap around his left thigh). They don’t know how I’m hurting. I’m just trying to help the team.”

Guillen said he re-injured his groin on a fifth inning run-producing single on Saturday against the Rays.

ADVERTISEMENT

“It was on one swing, a base hit to right, when I was coming out of the box,” Guillen said. “I should have gotten out of the game. I was thinking about winning and I wanted to stay in. Unfortunately it didn’t work out.”

In the seventh, Guillen grounded into a double play with runners on the corners. In the eight, he failed to reach B.J. Upton’s fly ball to shallow right that dropped for a double.

“Losing the game like that, it’s a tough one.” Guillen said of the 5-3 defeat to the Rays. “If I take myself out maybe a lot of you guys (media) ask questions. Either way there is going to be a lot of questions.”

Guillen did not see action in the Royals’ 6-1 victory Sunday over the Rays because of the sore groin.

“I don’t want to try to be a superhero,” Guillen said.

Deberg_1990
07-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Way to go Royals fans. Lets boo our top run producer. WTF???

ChiTown
07-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Way to go Royals fans. Lets boo our top run producer. WTF???

I don't give a shit what Pro Athletes think about the fans......especially a fuggin head case like Guillen.

Nightfyre
07-28-2008, 10:23 AM
I don't give a shit what Pro Athletes think about the fans......especially a fuggin head case like Guillen.

QFT. Guillen can't bitch when he's batting .170-something in july.

markk
07-28-2008, 11:06 AM
i think people booing Guillen gives you a look at Kansas City being kind of fairweather. something bad happened, they want to boo, maybe they wanted to boo anyway. they just pick him for supposedly not running hard, when he's had nagging leg problems all season that he's playing through.

the fans boo the guy for playing through pain. it's incredible.

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 11:16 AM
The average fan expects you to atleast run out a ball. Even before he was "hurt" He would walk sometimes WALK from right field all the way into the duggout. I know it was frustrating to see a guy who makes that much not even attempt to jog in. I told people around me after the last game it was because he was hurt and one guy said "well then he shouldn't be playing!" it is a catch-22 then because they will call him a wuss for sitting out games. I think overall. One of the things I think over the years is that the SS, 2nd base, 3rd basemen have stayed the same or gotten more athletic where the other places on the field especially where power is at a premium, the speed and quickness of the players has went down. This isn't really directed at guillen, but anyway the average fan sees people getting gunned down in the hole and up the middle because there are alot of players out there clogging up the paths more than in the 80's.

Ari Chi3fs
07-28-2008, 11:16 AM
QFT. Guillen can't bitch when he's batting .170-something in july.

Ari Chi3fs
07-28-2008, 11:19 AM
I, for one, don't think an outfielder who has hurt legs should play. Basically the only thing he can do to help is hit a homerun... he has to jog to first... and he can't get to balls in the outfield...

more of a liability... sit out and get healed. There is no shame in that.

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 11:19 AM
i think people booing Guillen gives you a look at Kansas City being kind of fairweather. something bad happened, they want to boo, maybe they wanted to boo anyway. they just pick him for supposedly not running hard, when he's had nagging leg problems all season that he's playing through.

the fans boo the guy for playing through pain. it's incredible.

I wouldn't call anyone who goes out when the royals are 10 games out and average 14k a game "fair weather"

markk
07-28-2008, 11:27 AM
I wouldn't call anyone who goes out when the royals are 10 games out and average 14k a game "fair weather"

sure they can be. there was a giveaway saturday. a lot of them just socialize with their friends or let their kids run wild instead of watching the game.

they don't know much about the team, or they would know that the team's highest paid player has been hurt all season long.

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
sure they can be. there was a giveaway saturday. a lot of them just socialize with their friends or let their kids run wild instead of watching the game.

they don't know much about the team, or they would know that the team's highest paid player has been hurt all season long.

That isn't fairweather that is just wanting free shit. Fairweather fan means they are fans when the team is playing well

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 11:31 AM
A fairweather fan is a fan that roots for teams that are playing well.

Being a fairweather or band wagon jumper fan is more popular than being loyal to one team.

from wiki

markk
07-28-2008, 11:33 AM
alright, dr. dictionary. i mean they are not knowledgeable fans.

sort of like the people who, when a routine fly ball is hit, will make a bunch of noise and jump to their feet thinking it's a home run.

you can tell they don't know much about the game.

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Ok cool, I would probably edit your post then send an email saying you are sorry to everyone that they read that post.

Deberg_1990
07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
The average fan expects you to atleast run out a ball. Even before he was "hurt" He would walk sometimes WALK from right field all the way into the duggout.

I was watching part of the Red Sox/Yankees game the other day and when ManRam was up to bat they mentioned that he stopped running out ground balls 5 years ago. Wow....

If you can MASH, the fans will forgive alot of little things.

Deberg_1990
07-28-2008, 11:44 AM

Id argue you get alot of those types of fans at almost any ballpark in America.

Baseball by its nature (slow paced) is a very casual, social summertime activity.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 12:25 PM
WTF? I make a post about DD and you fugtards hi-jack it with Guillen whining? You're like a bunch of old ****ing ladies. Rather find something to bitch about than give someone some deserved props!

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Guillen should sit out if he is that hurt

ChiefsCountry
07-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Actually this might be the best time to trade DD. We could get some really good value right now out of him.

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 12:35 PM
WTF? I make a post about DD and you fugtards hi-jack it with Guillen whining? You're like a bunch of old ****ing ladies. Rather find something to bitch about than give someone some deserved props!

Guillen should sit out if he is that hurt

ROFL

Vintage Demonpenz response.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Actually this might be the best time to trade DD. We could get some really good value right now out of him.

:eek:

GTFO! GO! GET OUT! STFU AND GTFO! GO AWAY!

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

I AM NOT LISTENING TO YOU I AM NOT LISTENG TO YOU I AM NOT LISTENING TO YOU

4321 4321 4321

:moon::$2500:rochambeau

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 12:47 PM

GTFO! GO! GET OUT! STFU AND GTFO! GO AWAY!

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

I AM NOT LISTENING TO YOU I AM NOT LISTENG TO YOU I AM NOT LISTENING TO YOU

4321 4321 4321

:moon::$2500:rochambeau

What's with the staunch defense of DDJ? Love his smile? His ability to blow bubbles with his gum regardless of the situation?

He's a nice player, very solid, but that's about it.

beavis
07-28-2008, 12:48 PM

I'd like to hear what you think of your Teahen prediction from early in the season at this point.

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Dejesus' value has never been higher. Maybe we can get a couple prospects since we aren't competing for awhile

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 12:50 PM
I'd like to hear what you think of your Teahen prediction from early in the season at this point.

It's not Teahen's fault. He's "hurt."

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
You know who is hurt? Is guillen, That guy shouldn't be playing

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Tripping over the Mendoza Line has been responsible for many injuries in Royals' history.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 12:53 PM

Sorely disappointed. Defense is what I expected...still too squirly with the bat. Still think he has the potential but so far it isn't really showing

petegz28
07-28-2008, 12:56 PM
What's with the staunch defense of DDJ? Love his smile? His ability to blow bubbles with his gum regardless of the situation?

He is a good ****ing ball player that we need on this team. What are you going to trade him for and what do you have to put in his place? Was tops in runs scored last year, leads the league with Avg. with RISP. We always cry we need offense and so far him and Guillen are pretty much it save Butler's late splurge.

I'd have to ask if you were going to trade to DeJesus what you are smoking?

Of course if you really think we should you will probably bitch about it if we do after you see how much we lost. I am not calling him a 5-tool player but he is a starter in the OF on any team in this league.

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 01:01 PM
He is a good ****ing ball player that we need on this team. What are you going to trade him for and what do you have to put in his place? Was tops in runs scored last year, leads the league with Avg. with RISP. We always cry we need offense and so far him and Guillen are pretty much it save Butler's late splurge.

I'd have to ask if you were going to trade to DeJesus what you are smoking?

Of course if you really think we should you will probably bitch about it if we do after you see how much we lost. I am not calling him a 5-tool player but he is a starter in the OF on any team in this league.

Take a deep breath and step away from the Planet.

DDJ is a solid ML player, as I stated in my last post. There is no one on this team, however, that should be considered untouchable. This doesn't mean that the value of some players isn't a lot higher than others.

DDJ can definitely be a part of the future, but if someone came with a great offer...

petegz28
07-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Take a deep breath and step away from the Planet.

DDJ is a solid ML player, as I stated in my last post. There is no one on this team, however, that should be considered untouchable. This doesn't mean that the value for some players is a lot higher than others.

I never say anyone is untouchable but you better be bringing in some super-fly hellatiously good player if you trade DD. And at this point with the stage of this team and where he is in his career why trade him? He fits on this team, he can help this team win so why not?

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Dejesus is alright but man if we could get another arm that sure up that rotation we should pull the trigger

Nightfyre
07-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Dejesus is alright but man if we could get another arm that sure up that rotation we should pull the trigger

And guillen is hurt and should sit out.

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 01:05 PM
I never say anyone is untouchable but you better be bringing in some super-fly hellatiously good player if you trade DD. And at this point with the stage of this team and where he is in his career why trade him? He fits on this team, he can help this team win so why not?

We agree, but I'm weary of talking about KC having a collection of decent or nice ballplayers. I'm ready for KC to have AND KEEP a legit. star. To get this, it might take trading away talent, especially if the team continues to have poor luck (skill?) drafting.

Oh, and Guillen is hurt and should probably take some time off.

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 01:09 PM
And guillen is hurt and should sit out.

quoted for truth

petegz28
07-28-2008, 01:13 PM
We agree, but I'm weary of talking about KC having a collection of decent or nice ballplayers. I'm ready for KC to have AND KEEP a legit. star. To get this, it might take trading away talent, especially if the team continues to have poor luck (skill?) drafting.

Oh, and Guillen is hurt and should probably take some time off.

HANG ON! "Decent or nice"? DD is above decent or nice. When you lead the league in runs scored on this anemic team that tells me you know how to get shit done at the plate and on the bases. When you lead the league in Avg. with RISP that tells me you are the best in the league and not choking when it matters. He makes great play after great play in the OF and can play all fields. He is not a cancer in the locker room, he is a fan favorite and he is not above the game.

You put some other players around him and he is much better than Damon if you ask me. You put him on the Yankees and he has better numbers than Damon.

Now everyone bitches cause we traded Damon and now we are talking about trading DD who is better imo?

Damon is faster, weaker arm and weaker bat. Nothing more than an over-powered Joey Gathright swing. DD makes just as many plays in the OF as Damon.

So I give up. When we have that kind of talen and people are ready to trade it away then all I can say is don't ever expect to win anything ever. We can't keep trading away our good players. Paticualrly ones we grow.

Moore was in the radio yesterday saying 60% of this team has to be guys that came up through our system. We have 7 right now. And you want to trade the best one?

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Damon is faster, weaker arm and weaker bat.

DeJesus is in his 5th year with the Royals. Here's what Damon did in his fifth year:

.307 AVG .379 OBP .477 SLG 14 HR 77 RBI 36/42 SB

This is a very similar line to DDJ, except the stolen base numbers, which are pretty important for a lead-off batter, so to claim that Damon had a weaker bat is false.

DDJ is a good player, and that's what I mean when I say "decent" or "nice," the type of player you want on your team, but if I could parlay a good player for a great one, I would.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 01:26 PM
DeJesus is in his 5th year with the Royals. Here's what Damon did in his fifth year:

.307 AVG .379 OBP .477 SLG 14 HR 77 RBI 36/42 SB

This is a very similar line to DDJ, except the stolen base numbers, which are pretty important for a lead-off batter.

DDJ is a good player, and that's what I mean when I say "decent" or "nice," the type of player you want on your team.

Gload=decnet\nice
DDJ=potential all-star talent

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Gload=decnet\nice
DDJ=potential all-star talent

Are we comparing bench players to starters, now?

petegz28
07-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Are we comparing bench players to starters, now?

Gload starts on a lot of teams imo.

ChiefsCountry
07-28-2008, 01:30 PM

He was going nuts last year when we traded Dotel.

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 01:31 PM

ROFL

No he doesn't. Not even close. Tough to be a starting 1B with, what, 2 home runs?

It's cool. You loves you some DDJ. He's one of my favorite Royals, too.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 01:32 PM
ROFL

No he doesn't. Not even close. Tough to be a starting 1B with, what, 2 home runs?

It's cool. You loves you some DDJ. He's one of my favorite Royals, too.

Gload is a great defensive 1st baseman and good contact hitter. I can see him getting lots of playing time on some teams out there.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 01:33 PM
He was going nuts last year when we traded Dotel.

Correction. I was going nuts cause we traded Dotel for Davies.

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Gload is never hurt either.

shakesthecat
Ross Gload wouldn't start for most AAA teams.

As for DDJ, it's nice to see him having a good year, and I hope they don't trade him.

Teabags on the other hand.....

ChiefsCountry
Correction. I was going nuts cause we traded Dotel for Davies.

No it was before the Davies deal went down, you were whining and crying about trading him.

PGM
07-28-2008, 01:35 PM

ROFL I seriously doubt that.

Deberg_1990
07-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Gload is a great defensive 1st baseman and good contact hitter. I can see him getting lots of playing time on some teams out there.

Hes not a starter. Lack of MASH from the 1B position is one of the reasons we dont score enough runs.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 01:36 PM
No it was before the Davies deal went down, you were whining and crying about trading him.

I believe if you looked back through it all you would see I said more than once it was cause we were trading for Davies. Though I was in favor of keeping Dotel at the time.

DeezNutz

ROFL

ChiefsCountry
Gload is a NL bench player who comes in for defense and to pinch hit.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Hes not a starter. Lack of MASH from the 1B position is one of the reasons we dont score enough runs.

I'll agree his power is not what you would want from a typical 1st basemen. But then again snagging bad throws that otherwise end up as errors and extend innings makes up for some of that.

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Gload is a NL bench player who comes in for defense and to pinch hit.

Thank you. And rarely does he do the latter.

Ari Chi3fs
07-28-2008, 01:40 PM
yeah i DID NOT want to trade Dotel either.... especially for Kyle ****ing Davies. We got hosed.

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 01:40 PM
I'll agree his power is not what you would want from a typical 1st basemen. But then again snagging bad throws that otherwise end up as errors and extend innings makes up for some of that.

Correct, also since the players know they don't have to throw it as far because he will pick it out of the dirt. It will save the other players from getting hurt.

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 01:41 PM
yeah i DID NOT want to trade Dotel either.... especially for Kyle ****ing Davies. We got hosed.

Dotel was hurt immediately after the trade. Davies is rarely hurt.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Correct, also since the players know they don't have to throw it as far because he will pick it out of the dirt. It will save the other players from getting hurt.

all right, now that's funny

petegz28
07-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Dotel was hurt immediately after the trade. Davies is rarely hurt.

Really? So you are saying his getting shelled all his career was not injury related?

petegz28
07-28-2008, 01:44 PM

Gload beat out 2 double plays last year with a torn quad.

Eat that Jose!

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Really? So you are saying his getting shelled all his career was not injury related?

Lighten up, Nancy. I keed.

SithCeNtZ
07-28-2008, 02:16 PM
HANG ON! "Decent or nice"? DD is above decent or nice. When you lead the league in runs scored on this anemic team that tells me you know how to get shit done at the plate and on the bases. When you lead the league in Avg. with RISP that tells me you are the best in the league and not choking when it matters. He makes great play after great play in the OF and can play all fields. He is not a cancer in the locker room, he is a fan favorite and he is not above the game.

He does not come anywhere close to leading the league in runs scored. In fact, Gordon has scored just as many times as him this season with far worse hitters behind him. He is in a virtual dead heat with Butler for poorest base runner on the team and has zero base stealing instincts. I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Deez ;) here but Dejesus is just a nice player. He isn't a star and if someone wants to offer a couple of good prospects we should jump at the chance.

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 02:17 PM
I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Deez ;) here but Dejesus is just a nice player. He isn't a star and if someone wants to offer a couple of good prospects we should jump at the chance.

LMAO

Dartgod
07-28-2008, 02:27 PM
He does not come anywhere close to leading the league in runs scored.
Not sure where that came from. He is not even in the top 40 in the AL. :shrug:

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 02:36 PM
He does not come anywhere close to leading the league in runs scored. In fact, Gordon has scored just as many times as him this season with far worse hitters behind him. He is in a virtual dead heat with Butler for poorest base runner on the team and has zero base stealing instincts. I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Deez ;) here but Dejesus is just a nice player. He isn't a star and if someone wants to offer a couple of good prospects we should jump at the chance.

he also has avoided being hurt lately

petegz28
07-28-2008, 02:51 PM

I was talking about last season with the runs scored.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Not sure where that came from. He is not even in the top 40 in the AL. :shrug:

Last year. Last year! It was a carry-over comment from a previous post.

Good lord.

Nightfyre
07-28-2008, 02:53 PM
You all must admit, DDJ is MONEY with RISP. He should bat in the three hole every day, imo.

edit: And guillen is hurt and should sit out.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 02:59 PM
You all must admit, DDJ is MONEY with RISP. He should bat in the three hole every day, imo.

edit: And guillen is hurt and should sit out.

Insane isn't it? You have the leagues best hitter with RISP and you want to trade that? Might as well see if the Twins want to trade Mauer? I mean after all 5 HR's or so a season from a catcher? Who cares if the guy is automatic? He is a catcher and should be smashing the ball.

Crazy crazy crazy.

Edit: Hitting less homeruns keeps you from getting hurt from trying to hit the ball hard.

Nightfyre
07-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Insane isn't it? You have the leagues best hitter with RISP and you want to trade that? Might as well see if the Twins want to trade Mauer? I mean after all 5 HR's or so a season from a catcher? Who cares if the guy is automatic? He is a catcher and should be smashing the ball.

Crazy crazy crazy.

I'm all for trading him for the right price. His value will never get any higher.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm all for trading him for the right price. His value will never get any higher.

It would have to be one hell of a price right now. And how do we know it won't get higher? The kid is young. Lots of baseball in him and he, unlike some on this team, is improving every year.

Nightfyre
07-28-2008, 03:05 PM
It would have to be one hell of a price right now. And how do we know it won't get higher? The kid is young. Lots of baseball in him and he, unlike some on this team, is improving every year.

Hes 28.... I mean, hes got some miles left on him, but I think his potential is pretty much tapped.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Hes 28.... I mean, hes got some miles left on him, but I think his potential is pretty much tapped.

Well I will wait on that one. So far he seems to be improving every year.

Nightfyre
07-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Well I will wait on that one. So far he seems to be improving every year.

Yea, its jmo too. I mean, who would know better than the Royals, though.

SithCeNtZ
07-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Last year. Last year! It was a carry-over comment from a previous post.

Good lord.

You are still wrong. He has never lead the league, or been in the top 10 of the league, in runs scored.

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Yea, its jmo too. I mean, who would know better than the Royals, though.

probably the entire mlb sans the pirates

Nightfyre
07-28-2008, 03:20 PM
probably the entire mlb sans the pirates

I have a lot of faith in Hillman/Moore. They really seem to know the game.

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 03:22 PM
I have a lot of faith in Hillman/Moore. They really seem to know the game.

I know... I was just being a fairweather fan

Nightfyre
07-28-2008, 03:23 PM
I know... I was just being a fairweather fan

And guillen is hurt and should really sit out?

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 03:24 PM
and gload is a starter

Nightfyre
07-28-2008, 03:25 PM
and gload is a starter

only for the royals. :shake:

Deberg_1990
07-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Gload could start for any team........

In Triple AAA

thurman merman
07-28-2008, 03:42 PM
I, for one, don't think an outfielder who has hurt legs should play. Basically the only thing he can do to help is hit a homerun... he has to jog to first... and he can't get to balls in the outfield...

more of a liability... sit out and get healed. There is no shame in that.

agreed.

thurman merman
07-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Dejesus' value has never been higher. Maybe we can get a couple prospects since we aren't competing for awhile

when will you people realize that the royals will NEVER compete if they keep trading good players. was trading dye, beltran, and damon not enough for you? now they have to throw out dejesus too, since he is having a good year?

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 03:48 PM
agreed.

he should sit out if he is injured

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 05:18 PM
he should sit out if he is injured

Too bad he's not tougher, like Ross Gload.

DeJesus lead in so many categories, he must have had a lot of No. 2 pencils.

ChiefsCountry
07-28-2008, 05:23 PM
when will you people realize that the royals will NEVER compete if they keep trading good players. was trading dye, beltran, and damon not enough for you? now they have to throw out dejesus too, since he is having a good year?

Which one of these is not the same as the others?

Damon
Beltran
Dye
DeJesus

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Which one of these is not the same as the others?

Damon
Beltran
Dye
DeJesus

Those all look like All-Stars to me. What's your point?

Nightfyre
07-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Nobody ****s with DeJesus.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Those all look like All-Stars to me. What's your point?

ROFL

He has a career OPS of 104, it's 119 this year. He's a nice player, but that's about it.

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 05:33 PM
ROFL

He's a nice player, but that's about it.

ROFL

You didn't read this entire thread, did you? That's exactly what I said that started all this BS in the first place. Go back to about p. 3 or so.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-28-2008, 05:36 PM
ROFL

You didn't read this entire thread, did you? That's exactly what I said that started all this BS in the first place. Go back to about p. 3 or so.

Nope. Just scanned it.

OFF WITH MY HEAD.

petegz28
07-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Nobody ****s with DeJesus.

BIG D....

little e....

JESUS!
JESUS!

petegz28
07-28-2008, 06:41 PM
You are still wrong. He has never lead the league, or been in the top 10 of the league, in runs scored.

Yes you are right. He was at one point in the season in the tops. None the less he still plated 100+ runs as a lead off guy on a shitty team. That says a lot about him. And now this year he is knocking guys in at a better clip than anyone. Hard to trade someone like that and convince your fans you are trying to better the team.

VonneMarie
07-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Not to mention he's so hot. :drool:

petegz28
07-28-2008, 06:44 PM

took you long enough. figured you would be the #1 defender of dd! :D

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 06:44 PM

You like his "bike"? :shake:

KCCHIEFS27
07-28-2008, 07:01 PM
What is DDJ improving every year? His Home Runs and RBI's, awesome. The year isn't over yet, I'd wait for his AVG. and SLG. and everything else to slow down. If not, sue me. And talk about competing..who else are we supposed to trade to get talent? What am I talking about, nobody even wants DDJ.

Sure-Oz
07-28-2008, 07:03 PM
DDJ is a solid player, but i would trade him in a heartbeat for a Braun type prospect in AA

VonneMarie
07-28-2008, 07:20 PM
took you long enough. figured you would be the #1 defender of dd! :D

LOL... I stand by my man.

You like his "bike"? :shake:
No, I love his bat and baseballs. :)

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 07:22 PM
No, I love his bat and baseballs. :)

Watch out now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-28-2008, 07:42 PM
DDJ is a solid player, but i would trade him in a heartbeat for a Braun type prospect in AA

Like Matt LaPorta, who just fetched CC Sabathia??

Seriously are Royals fans on crack??

Nightfyre
07-28-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm still saying the person with the most trade value on our roster is Mahay. And yesterdays outing certainly didn't hurt that! :)

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Royals news. Gload has been traded for a ptbnl
so has mayhay
and catcher Mark Olivo

Nightfyre
07-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Royals news. Gload has been traded for a ptbnl
so has mayhay
and catcher Mark Olivo

what what?

petegz28