PDA

View Full Version : Life Should "all nude" strip clubs be banned?

Flustrated
07-28-2008, 07:52 AM
I don't frequent these establishments very often, but I have on occasion gone for bachelor parties and stuff. There are two of these clubs within driving distance of where I live and now a potential lawsuit will cause them to close. I don't really care either way if these clubs are here or not, but I absolutely hate the fact that any government local or federal should make my choice for me. As of now these clubs must act as "Preforming Arts" centers. I don't care what they are called, I just hate the government acting as my mommy and making laws based on "moral/religious" beliefs.

Flustrated
07-28-2008, 07:55 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/27/stripping.art.ap/index.html

Here's a link to the story. I tried to find out who appointed the judge. That might help understand how he will rule.

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Absolutely not.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Clearly.

Smoking, helmets, guns, nudity, and diet are all clearly things that can't be left to the people's best judgement. Only people we vote to make laws should be allowed those decisions because.....uh....they.....got votes!

From the people.

Who's judgement can't be trusted...

2bikemike
07-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Any male politician, Judge or what ever that votes for that should have his man card permanately revoked!

Rausch
07-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Any male politician, Judge or what ever that votes for that should have his man card permanately revoked!

They don't care.

Their all nude shows are private and tax payer provided...

KCUnited
07-28-2008, 08:09 AM
I'm not sure about Iowa, but here in KC some things are better left on. But no, they should not be banned.

Amnorix
07-28-2008, 08:10 AM
No. I never go to them, but they should not be banned by governmental edict either.

2bikemike
They don't care.

Their all nude shows are private and tax payer provided...

Just beware of the stained dress!

Bowser
No.

Fire Me Boy!
07-28-2008, 08:13 AM
If you ban the all nude ones, for my money take them all away.

I hate pasties. HATE. World's worst invention. Yes, worse than nuclear weapons.

Pneuma
07-28-2008, 08:15 AM
We are still in America, right? I for one support single moms.

Bowser
07-28-2008, 08:17 AM
If you ban the all nude ones, for my money take them all away.

I hate pasties. HATE. World's worst invention. Yes, worse than nuclear weapons.

That's a bit extreme. I'm no huge fan, but I at least like panties on my strippers. Give me SOME bit of mystery with it, lol.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 08:18 AM
We are still in America, right? I for one support single moms.

More single moms stripping = less welfare and suffering children.

Please, think of the children...

Rausch
07-28-2008, 08:19 AM
That's a bit extreme. I'm no huge fan, but I at least like panties on my strippers. Give me SOME bit of mystery with it, lol.

Bang one bareskin.

There's all the shock, surprise, and mystery you'll ever need...

Count Alex's Wins
07-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Not until I get into one.

QuikSsurfer
07-28-2008, 08:21 AM
More single moms stripping = less welfare and suffering children.

Please, think of the children...

ROFL

luv
07-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Not until I get into one.

You only have to be 21. Do they not have any in Houston? If not, there's one here.

Fire Me Boy!
07-28-2008, 08:24 AM

ROFL

Nope. Not for me. If I'm going to a strip club (which has been nearly a decade), I'm paying to see it all.

Count Alex's Wins
07-28-2008, 08:25 AM
You only have to be 21. Do they not have any in Houston? If not, there's one here.

There's plenty. I just don't go.

Bowser
07-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Bang one bareskin.

There's all the shock, surprise, and mystery you'll ever need...

Speaking from experience? I'll take your word for it. :D

Reerun_KC
07-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Just think of the financial hit Jergens and Kleenix would take if you guys lost the freedom to go to strip clubs. What would you guys jack off to?

i

Rausch
07-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Just think of the financial hit Jergens and Kleenix would take if you guys lost the freedom to go to strip clubs. What would you guys jack off to?

i

Reerun_KC
07-28-2008, 08:43 AM
:clap: Perfect!

I applaud you!

Deberg_1990
07-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Everybody loves going to these places, but nobody wants them in their neighborhood. :)

Frazod
07-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Ah, the anti-whatever crowd's next target - nipples.

I guess if the stripper smokes, she just simply be lined up and shot, right? :shake:

Rausch
07-28-2008, 09:22 AM
I guess if the stripper smokes, she just simply be lined up and shot, right? :shake:

You know, I've never met a stripper that didn't smoke...:spock:

Frazod
07-28-2008, 09:23 AM
You know, I've never met a stripper that didn't smoke...:spock:

All the more reason for the fanatics to take up their torches and pitchforks!

rambleonthruthefog
07-28-2008, 09:24 AM
hey, what website was the smut peddler posting videos from on sat. night.?

Rausch
07-28-2008, 09:29 AM
All the more reason for the fanatics to take up their torches and pitchforks!

Wait, which ones?

Both wing-tards are torn here.

Liberals have to outlaw the smoking and conservatives the nudity/morality issue.

But the conservatives have to protect smoking/private property rights and the liberals freedom of speech, art, and expression.

If only heads could explode...

angelo
07-28-2008, 09:37 AM
I am not a fan of strip clubs. It is not because of of any moral high ground, it is more of a hygiene thing. I unfortunately end up in one about once a month and usually on cesarean section night. I think it is idiotic to try to ban all nude. I do not like someone forcing their morality on me. That also goes for smoking, drinking, trans fat, foie gras, and anything else. I am an ex smoker but I was against the smoking ban. If I did not want to be around smoke I would move.
As for strip clubs the only thing I want to see is hand sanitizing wipes.

Ang

wilas101
07-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Where in Iowa are these places? I need to find someplace nice to take my wife for our anniversary. :p

Frazod
07-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Where in Iowa are these places? I need to find someplace nice to take my wife for our anniversary. :p

Chills N Thrills in Ottumwa is where we went back in the day. I have no idea if it's still there or not.

The women were skanky, but we were young and drunk and they were naked, so it was all good. :D

blueballs
07-28-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm not sure about Iowa, but here in KC some things are better left on. But no, they should not be banned.

not a big fan of cellulite

Rausch
07-28-2008, 09:49 AM
I am not a fan of strip clubs. It is not because of of any moral high ground, it is more of a hygiene thing.
As for strip clubs the only thing I want to see is hand sanitizing wipes.

Ang

http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2008/01/deal-or-no-deal.jpg

wilas101
07-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Chills N Thrills in Ottumwa is where we went back in the day. I have no idea if it's still there or not.

The women were skanky, but we were young and drunk and they were naked, so it was all good. :D

ah, to be young again.....

angelo
07-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Rausch

Your not to far off the trail.

I admit that if I shake hands with some one I have to wash my hands or sanitize them with in a few minutes or I get very uncomfortable.

Just imagine what is floating around a strip club. I get queasy just thinking about it.

It is not fun to live with let me tell you.

Ang

Frazod
07-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Try to remember, we have immune systems for a reason. :thumb:

R&GHomer
07-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Hell no

angelo
07-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Fraz

I fully realize that. I also know that every one picks their nose, only 40% of people wash their hands after going to the bathroom and most guy's adjust themselves at least 2 an hour. Now add a strip club environment when I sure there is going to be much more adjusting and who knows what kind of fluid exchange.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Ang

StcChief
07-28-2008, 10:41 AM
"East Side" of STL has both. Know your club, crowd before going.

Fish
07-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Rausch

Your not to far off the trail.

I admit that if I shake hands with some one I have to wash my hands or sanitize them with in a few minutes or I get very uncomfortable.

Just imagine what is floating around a strip club. I get queasy just thinking about it.

It is not fun to live with let me tell you.

Ang

Have you given much thought to fast food workers? How about those latex gloves that they end up wearing all day? You don't think they touch their face or scratch their ass with those things on do they? I mean surely they would get a clean pair of gloves if they accidentally sneezed on their gloves right? Surely these minimum wage workers care enough about food sanitation to avoid that right? And something like picking food up off the ground would surely never happen....?

OMG Germs are everywhere!

boogblaster
07-28-2008, 10:53 AM
NO T&A are here-to-stay ....

Flustrated
07-28-2008, 10:58 AM

There is one right outside Davenport called "Southern Comfort" which is where I had my bachelor party about 13 years ago, and there is one called "Club Shakers" in a small town called La Motte about 15 miles west of Dubuque. They aren't allowed to charge admission so they simply charge a "parking fee" to everyone regardless of how you arrived to the establishment. Also these clubs can't sell alcohol so they permit patrons to BYOB which really saves some cash over traditional strip joints if ya wanna drink some suds.

acesn8s
07-28-2008, 10:59 AM
The place in question is Shotgun Geniez in Hamburg IA(next to the Pizza Hut). The Reason this is such a hot topic in IA is because the sheriff's niece(age 17) was on stage stripping.

Flustrated
07-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Amazing, 92% think people can make their own decisions. I figured the results would be closer. I'll keep an eye on this to see what big brother decides for us.

Joie
07-28-2008, 11:23 AM
There is one right outside Davenport called "Southern Comfort" which is where I had my bachelor party about 13 years ago, and there is one called "Club Shakers" in a small town called La Motte about 15 miles west of Dubuque. They aren't allowed to charge admission so they simply charge a "parking fee" to everyone regardless of how you arrived to the establishment. Also these clubs can't sell alcohol so they permit patrons to BYOB which really saves some cash over traditional strip joints if ya wanna drink some suds.

I used to work across the street from the establishment named in the lawsuit. They get around the "no selling alcohol" rule by selling it in a "convenience store" located in the same building as the strip club. They're still getting the profit.

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2008, 11:43 AM
The Reason this is such a hot topic in IA is because the sheriff's niece(age 17) was on stage stripping.

is she hot?

angelo
07-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Have you given much thought to fast food workers? How about those latex gloves that they end up wearing all day? You don't think they touch their face or scratch their ass with those things on do they? I mean surely they would get a clean pair of gloves if they accidentally sneezed on their gloves right? Surely these minimum wage workers care enough about food sanitation to avoid that right? And something like picking food up off the ground would surely never happen....?

OMG Germs are everywhere!

Yes, Mr Fish that is why I do not dine at such establishments. It is not so much the germs as the food born illness or pest infestations.

I have been fortunate enough to cultivate a relationship with a city health dept supervisor and he keeps me up to date on where to go and where not to go.

If I drop a piece of food at home I will pick it up and properly handle it to make it safe to eat.

I have walk out of restaurant before when I have witnessed poor hygiene or improper food handling. I have had bad food poisoning I do not want it again.
A quick piece of advice, if you are trying a new restaurant go to the bathroom the minute you walk in the place. If the bathroom is clean there is a good chance the kitchen will be clean.

Ang

Ari Chi3fs
07-28-2008, 11:48 AM
America! **** yeah!

Fish
07-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Yes, Mr Fish that is why I do not dine at such establishments. It is not so much the germs as the food born illness or pest infestations.

I have been fortunate enough to cultivate a relationship with a city health dept supervisor and he keeps me up to date on where to go and where not to go.

If I drop a piece of food at home I will pick it up and properly handle it to make it safe to eat.

I have walk out of restaurant before when I have witnessed poor hygiene or improper food handling. I have had bad food poisoning I do not want it again.
A quick piece of advice, if you are trying a new restaurant go to the bathroom the minute you walk in the place. If the bathroom is clean there is a good chance the kitchen will be clean.

Ang

That was meant to be light-hearted humor. I find germaphobes to be intriguing, and just wanted to see what you thought. I actually don't share any of those fears. My outlook is that you will find poor hygienic behavior anywhere and everywhere, and it's best to just put it out of your mind and let your immune system deal with it naturally. If you had a "germ meter" that could show the germs on common everyday stuff you touch and don't think about, you'd probably want to live in a bubble. And on the flip side of that, if everything you touched was actually germ free, your immune system would be so weak you would likely die from a cold. As much as you hate germs, you do need contact with them to be able to survive.

Joie
07-28-2008, 12:01 PM
is she hot?

If she was stripping at Shotgun Geneiz....probably not.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 12:03 PM
America! **** yeah!

Enjoy it now...

luv
07-28-2008, 12:04 PM

The one near where I work charges outlandish prices to get in. They don't sell alcohol, and you are not permitted to bring it inside. However, they don't stop you from getting wasted in the parking lot, and then going inside. When I worked second and third shift here, we constantly had drunks wandering over, knocking on our windows in the break room (thinking they were at Illusions still), using our parking lot as a public restroom, etc.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 12:05 PM
If she was stripping at Shotgun Geneiz....probably not.

We don't pay because they're hot.

Hell, most our spouses aren't hot.

We pay because they're the only women in our lives that do what we ask when we ask.

And in the long run the short satisfaction is still cheaper...

luv
07-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Should they be banned? No. However, if they don't allow alcohol in the building, I don't think they should allow it on the premises. That's speaking as a company that neighbors one, though. What's the point in not selling alcohol if they allow you to either bring it in or come in drunk? Kind of defeats the purpose of not selling it, IMO.

Ari Chi3fs
07-28-2008, 12:16 PM
surprising that markk doesn't like naked women. Big Surprise.

RedNeckRaider
07-28-2008, 12:17 PM
I dont go to them but I am against bans.