PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football New Dynasty League

Pages : [1] 2

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm pondering the idea of starting a league just like the one Guru has. (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=146409) If you are interested in joining please post your fantasy football resume along with a brief description as to why you would be good for the league.

CosmicPal
07-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Fantasy Football resume'?

Why do you need a resume'?

Scorp
07-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Here is my resume:

I am L33t!

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 10:03 AM

Not a resume' literally. Just a rundown of your experience. If I do this I want serious owners who will be around for the duration. Not noobs who disappear after 3 weeks of the season, or after they fail to show up for the draft and don't like their team.

Scorp
07-28-2008, 10:05 AM

Because this league is obviously for fantasy football gods. Now get back to your cardboard box, you stinky whino! :D

CosmicPal
07-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Not a resume' literally. Just a rundown of your experience. If I do this I want serious owners who will be around for the duration. Not noobs who disappear after 3 weeks of the season, or after they fail to show up for the draft and don't like their team.

Very well:

3 Fantasy Football Leagues: 2/3 won Divisions, all 3 won League Championship.

3 Fantasy Football Leagues: 2/3 won Divisions, only 1 won League Championship.

2 Fantasy Football Leagues: 2 Division winners, 2 League Championships

2 Fantasy Football Leagues: No Division winner, No League Championship

1 Fantasy Football team: Was undefeated for the first half of the season until both of my starting RBs went down with injuries.

-League Commissioner for several leagues since 2004
-Playing in a professional fantasy football league this year for serious money.

There are two things they don't tell you when it comes to playing fantasy football. After the 2003 season, I did some extensive research, changed my draft approach, and as you can see- the resulted in remarkable success.

Lastly, I love football.

Is that what you are looking for?

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Very well:

3 Fantasy Football Leagues: 2/3 won Divisions, all 3 won League Championship.

2 Fantasy Football Leagues: 2 Division winners, 2 League Championships

2 Fantasy Football Leagues: No Division winner, No League Championship

1 Fantasy Football team: Was undefeated for the first half of the season until both of my starting RBs went down with injuries.

-League Commissioner for several leagues since 2004
-Playing in a professional fantasy football league this year for serious money.

There are two things they don't tell you when it comes to playing fantasy football. After the 2003 season, I did some extensive research, changed my draft approach, and as you can see- the resulted in remarkable success.

Lastly, I love football.

Is that what you are looking for?

Exactly. Are you saying you're interested?

CosmicPal
07-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Exactly. Are you saying you're interested?

Sure...depends upon the league-type, auto-draft/live-draft, etc.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 10:33 AM
7 year commish of local league, 4 time super bowl participant (friggen Buffalo Bills mojo. Unfair. Hate the leagues that include the last two weeks.)

Prefer keeper over yearly.

Prefer 4 pts QB TDs and 6 pt WR/HB TDs. My league had KR/PR TDs at 12 pts.

Found we enjoyed salary cap/bid cap drafts the most.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Sure...depends upon the league-type, auto-draft/live-draft, etc.

Ditto.

And there are sites I won't use. Yahoo, Fleaflicker, etc. rock. Best of the free and the pay.

You need to layout scoring rules and league concept.

Hoover
07-28-2008, 10:40 AM
I would love to play.

I play in 2 leagues every year and really want to do a keeper league in Football as I do one in Baseball.

I've played since 1999. and make the playoffs about 75% of the time. In the years I don't do well it usually because I change the way I draft or make a pre-season trade that I shouldn't of done.

I'm a waiver wire whore, I'm always looking for ways to improve my team. Ans I'll pull the block buster trade to move my team in to contention.

I would love to play.

Hoover

Hoover
07-28-2008, 10:43 AM
I agree no Yahoo Leagues!

SCTrojan
07-28-2008, 10:46 AM
I'd be interested. Been playing since 2001 in various leagues. Haven't made it to the playoffs but once or twice and have never won a championship.

On the plus side, I led a league I was in last year in waiver wire transactions.

I've played mostly pickup leagues, since I left Germany a few years back. That was the last keeper league I was in, and would be interested in getting back to one of those leagues.

Not really interested in a cash league, and won't be able to participate in anything other than an on-line draft since I probably don't live in close proximity to the majority of Chiefs fans.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 10:48 AM
I agree no Yahoo Leagues!

Boo...

Iowanian
07-28-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm in.

As the originator and one of the top performing teams in donkeychef, the Savage Midgets have spoken.

The Rick
07-28-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm in. Been playing Fantasy Football every year since mid 1990's.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm in.

Will this interfere with you running the DonkeyChef league, or are you dropping out?

:D

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm interested. 2008 will be my fourth year. In my first year (2005), I placed middle of the pack with no playoffs. 2006 and 2007 were both cash leagues, and I placed second both years (last year: lost in championship. year before: non-playoff league, second best record). Why me? (1) I'm improving each year. (2) All my decisions are very calculated; I'm a big researcher.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Ditto.

And there are sites I won't use. Yahoo, Fleaflicker, etc. rock. Best of the free and the pay.

You need to layout scoring rules and league concept.

My thought was to use the rules Guru has laid out in his league as a baseline. Maybe tweak them a bit here and there. They are attached below.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-28-2008, 11:04 AM
what site you gonna use

BigRedChief
07-28-2008, 11:04 AM
damn FF geeks. Worse than us Star trek geeks.;)

Rausch
07-28-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm in.

As the originator and one of the top performing teams in donkeychef, the Savage Midgets have spoken.

The Dirty Krauts are still angry at their exclusion in that league.

Lucha libre anger. A dwarven cage match might ensue...:cuss:

Guru
07-28-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm in.

Do you still want to remain on my waiting list behind Bill?

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 11:12 AM
If you do this, Bill, the "Sons of Travis Henry" would like to be included.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 11:12 AM
what site you gonna use

I would prefer to use cbssportsline if everyone was willing to split the cost of entry. Reason being, that sportsline keeps records as long as you renew. Yahoo would have to be set up on a year to year basis which could be a pain. I've run a sportsline league since 2000 and like it better than any of the free leagues out there. Another possibility would be http://www.myfantasyleague.com , which is cheaper and also very good.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 11:19 AM
As of right now the following are interested:

Bill Lundberg
Cosmic Pal
Rausch
Hoover
Iowanian
dorseybowe
OntheWarpath58
Mr. Arrowhead
The Rick
Hawk 58 (from fatchatter)
lj4mvp

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Bill,

I'm not exactly the richest guy in the world. I would really enjoy starting a league with you guys, but I would really prefer a free league. Could we consider a free league?

Thanks,

Evan

Mr. Arrowhead
07-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Im down, 6 years of fantasy experience. Have won at least one of leagues every year. played 3 years of keepers

SCTrojan
07-28-2008, 11:28 AM
I'd be willing to split costs if it comes to that.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Bill,

I'm not exactly the richest guy in the world. I would really enjoy starting a league with you guys, but I would really prefer a free league. Could we consider a free league?

Thanks,

Evan

Absolutely we can consider it. My fantasy league is only $70 per year which would be around $5 per person. Pretty affordable.

The Rick
07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
As of right now the following are interested:

Bill Lundberg
Cosmic Pal
Rausch
Hoover
Iowanian
dorseybowe
OntheWarpath58
Mr. Arrowhead
I'd like to be included...

CupidStunt
07-28-2008, 11:31 AM
I would be very interested -- the main reason being is that I only play in one other dynasty league with active forum members, and it sort of loses its luster if you don't know who you're beating.

I would strongly recommend myfantasyleague.com. As far as salary cap dynasties go it's a league ahead of anything else out there.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-28-2008, 11:35 AM
i agree with lj4mvp, i love the myfantasy.com site

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Absolutely we can consider it. My fantasy league is only $70 per year which would be around $5 per person. Pretty affordable.

Thanks, Bill.

Gas prices are sucking me dry. :doh!:

Rausch
07-28-2008, 11:39 AM
I would prefer to use cbssportsline if everyone was willing to split the cost of entry.

I'm out not due to cost but usability.

I'm happy to pay for a solid product but I don't want spam, limited draft options, and consistent login errors (mostly late night) troubling a league.

In or out I'd urge you to reconsider...

Guru
Look into fleaflicker Bill.

Guru

I'm happy to pay for a solid product but I don't want spam, limited draft options, and consistent login errors (mostly late night) troubling a league.

You want back into my league?

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 11:41 AM

We likely won't go sportsline strictly due to cost. I don't understand the hate for their product though. I've used them for 10 years, ran a league for eight and never had a problem with them.

I really like the myfantasyleague site though and would lean towards that if we end up paying for a site.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 11:43 AM
You want back into my league?

I'm still pissed I wasn't able to finish that.

Very frustrating time. If you remember I was off the planet as well.

However, you make a promise you make a promise.

But yeah, love to. In all honesty it's the most similar league to the one I ran here at home...

Iowanian
07-28-2008, 11:44 AM
How many are you looking at Lundburg? 12? 14?

Guru, If this league happens, I'd probably not be as interested in yours. I will do probably 2, maybe 3 leagues per year, but no more. I've thought a dynasty league would be fun but have never done one.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 11:46 AM

Rausch are you officially out then?

Rausch
07-28-2008, 11:46 AM
We likely won't go sportsline strictly due to cost. I don't understand the hate for their product though. I've used them for 10 years, ran a league for eight and never had a problem with them.

I really like the myfantasyleague site though and would lean towards that if we end up paying for a site.

I ran a local paper and print, a yahoo, and played in Sportsline with a HS buddy. It never failed that when I tried to login or change starters (late night, I was 2nd shift then) it was incactive or "updating."

I know of 3 weeks i lost due to HOURS of inaccessibility...

Guru
07-28-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm still pissed I wasn't able to finish that.

Very frustrating time. If you remember I was off the planet as well.

However, you make a promise you make a promise.

But yeah, love to. In all honesty it's the most similar league to the one I ran here at home...
Believe me, I hated having to make the choice to lose you. Just bad timing all the way around though.

Still waiting to hear from a few owners but there are a couple that seem to disappear after the half way point and another that never takes the contracts seriously. Really want to get 12 owners that are rally involved. Right now, we really only have 9 that take it seriously.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 11:47 AM

Rausch are you officially out then?

If through them then yes.

I wish you the best though and hope it keeps clicking for ya'...

Rausch
07-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Believe me, I hated having to make the choice to lose you. Just bad timing all the way around though.

Still waiting to hear from a few owners but there are a couple that seem to disappear after the half way point and another that never takes the contracts seriously. Really want to get 12 owners that are rally involved. Right now, we really only have 9 that take it seriously.

I would have done the same.

It happens.

But if an opening comes up just let me know who to kick in the scrote...:evil:

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 11:51 AM
If through them then yes.

I wish you the best though and hope it keeps clicking for ya'...

Nothing is set in stone for the site as of yet.

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Is $80-$90 for myfantasyleague used just to create the FFL, or is the money used for prizes?

CosmicPal
07-28-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't mind paying for a site as long as it is a good site.

If you opt for a live draft, and I hope you do, all I ask is that you give us a two-week notice before the live draft. I do work nights and it's difficult to get everyone to agree on the same draft date and time. But, if you give us a two-week window, then I would consider taking a day off if I needed to- just to be able to participate in the live-draft.

Thanks.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Is $80-$90 for myfantasyleague used just to create the FFL, or is the money used for prizes?

It would be just to set up the league. The money for the website would be split evenly among league members. I'm checking out the fleaflicker site now. It's a free on I believe.

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 12:05 PM
I would consider taking a day off if I needed to- just to be able to participate in the live-draft.

Thanks.

Wow. What dedication. :clap:

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't mind paying for a site as long as it is a good site.

If you opt for a live draft, and I hope you do, all I ask is that you give us a two-week notice before the live draft. I do work nights and it's difficult to get everyone to agree on the same draft date and time. But, if you give us a two-week window, then I would consider taking a day off if I needed to- just to be able to participate in the live-draft.

Thanks.

It will definitely be a live on-line draft. Once we have our 12 teams set in stone we can start hammering out a date and time that works for everyone.

CosmicPal
07-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Wow. What dedication. :clap:

Yeah, it's crazy, I know. Fortunately for me, I've been with the same company a long time, so I have a lot of vacation days available. Being at the draft table come draft time is a lot of fun and is worth taking a day off for me.

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 12:10 PM
It would be just to set up the league. The money for the website would be split evenly among league members. I'm checking out the fleaflicker site now. It's a free on I believe.

I'm sure myfantasyleague is a great site, but, in my opinion, if money is being paid by members, most of that money should be used for prizes. Fleaflicker is free.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 12:12 PM
We need a league name. Creative minds get crackin

Old Dog
07-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Fleaflicker is free.

So is ESPN
I know that they had issues their first year with a League Manager site ('02) but since have been damn good IMO.

I'm interested if you have any openings, depending on the settings: Auction vs Draft, 4 vs 6 points per passing TD, IDP vs Team D/ST, site etc.....

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 12:25 PM
So is ESPN
I know that they had issues their first year with a League Manager site ('02) but since have been damn good IMO.

I'm interested if you have any openings, depending on the settings: Auction vs Draft, 4 vs 6 points per passing TD, IDP vs Team D/ST, site etc.....

I've used ESPN and Yahoo. Both seem fine to me. Both free. :hmmm: I'm not sure if you can have a twelve team league.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-28-2008, 12:29 PM
out of all the free sites, i would prefer ESPN, you do alot more stuff with espn than any of the other free sites

CosmicPal
07-28-2008, 12:30 PM
We need a league name. Creative minds get crackin

The Deflated Pigskin.

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Fleaflicker doesn't look bad. 12-team leagues.

http://www.fleaflicker.com/showLeague.do?leagueId=202&season=2007&tour=true

Mr. Arrowhead
07-28-2008, 12:33 PM
heres a espn keepers league i run on espn
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=17441&seasonId=2008

Guru
07-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Fleaflicker doesn't look bad. 12-team leagues.

http://www.fleaflicker.com/showLeague.do?leagueId=202&season=2007&tour=true

And completely customizable. And FREE LIVE SCORING

CupidStunt
07-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Bill, do you have any idea when you will make a decision regarding the website you'll use, and most importantly who's going to be in?

I have an offer in another league but I would prefer to be in a CP league.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm working on a post now. It's going to be flea flicker.

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Good choice.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-28-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm working on a post now. It's going to be flea flicker.
im out then, im not a fan in fleaflicker, but good luck anyways

Old Dog
07-28-2008, 12:44 PM
And completely customizable. And FREE LIVE SCORING

ESPN has live scoring as well. Decimal scoring also.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
OK, Looking over fleaflicker I think it is the way to go. I've set up a league and would like to get firm commitments from those interested. So far I have the following 12 as interested.

Bill Lundberg
Cosmic Pal
Rausch
Hoover
Iowanian
dorseybowe
OntheWarpath58
The Rick
Hawk 58 (from fatchatter)
lj4mvp
truebigdogThe website will be fleaflicker. The link is:
http://www.fleaflicker.com/showLeague.do?leagueId=44401

If you are in please PM me with your email address so that I can send you an invite. Once we have 12 teams I will begin working on pinning down a date for the draft and a firm set of league rules using input from league members. I think it's important to get input from everyone in order to make the league fun and interesting for all involved, but as commissioner I will have final say on any disputes regarding the rules.

Once we have agreed to our initial rules. We will implement the following (from Guru's league, love this idea Guru).

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CNEALYO%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.Blockquote, li.Blockquote, div.Blockquote {mso-style-name:Blockquote; margin-top:5.0pt; margin-right:.25in; margin-bottom:5.0pt; margin-left:.25in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; layout-grid-mode:line;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->The Executive Board shall consist of four (4) Members, the Commissioner (Chairman) and three other owners. The Commissioner shall appoint these Members, and members must have been an owner in the league for one full season.<o></o>
1C.1 Executive Board Duties<o></o>
1. Run the league in the absence of the Commissioner, and elect an interim Commissioner, if necessary.
2. Serve as Members of the Rules Committee.
3. Approve/veto any trades involving the Commissioner. (A simple majority is needed to approve/veto any transactions involving the Commissioner.)<o></o>
1C.2 Rules Committee <o></o>
The Rules Committee will consist of the Executive Board Members. In order to maintain a reasonable sense of order, we need to adhere to the constructs set up by the league rules. The Rules Committee has been formed to assist the Commissioner in the general operation of the league with regards to the rules. They may also be asked to help the Commissioner interpret the rules when a disagreement arises. In the event an issue involves a member of the committee, that member will be temporarily removed from any discussion and/or vote until such time as the issue is resolved. <o></o>
1C.3 Rules Changes <o></o>
Any owner may propose changes to the rules. An owner may do this by submitting a written proposal to any member of the Executive Board. The Executive Board will then discuss and vote on the proposal, with three votes for the change required for passage.<o></o>
If the proposal passes the Executive Board, it then proceeds to the remaining owners for a vote. The proposal requires a majority vote of the remaining owners in order to become a new rule.
Proposals may be given and voted on at any time. However, any proposal that passes both stages and becomes a new rule will not take effect until the beginning of the coming season.<o></o>
The Commissioner retains discretion to amend rules for grammatical and/or clarification purposes.

Smoke
07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Late to the party,but if a spot is open...

5 years same two league's, 3 first, 2 seconds, 2 thirds and I finished every team, every season, and played my best line up every week even if I was out of the playoffs.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 12:48 PM
im out then, im not a fan in fleaflicker, but good luck anyways

If you've tried the site and don't like it let him know why.

Old Dog
07-28-2008, 12:48 PM
What kind of entry fee and payouts are you looking at?

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 12:55 PM
PM sent, Bill.

CosmicPal
07-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Sent you a PM too. I've got to get to the office, so I'll sign up when I get back later on tonight....

Thx

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Will the rules really need to be changed?

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 01:20 PM
What kind of entry fee and payouts are you looking at?

It will be a free league.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Will the rules really need to be changed?

Maybe not. Personally, I like the idea of 3 - 4 team divisions taking the 3 division winners and 3 wild cards to the playoffs. That's the only change I was thinking of off the top of my head.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Maybe not. Personally, I like the idea of 3 - 4 team divisions taking the 3 division winners and 3 wild cards to the playoffs. That's the only change I was thinking of off the top of my head.

I like that as well.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Invites sent to:

Iowanian
Smoke
dorseybowe
Cosmic Pal
Rausch
OnTheWarpath58
truebigdog

USC - I need your email for the invite

SCTrojan
07-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Invites sent to:

Iowanian
Smoke
dorseybowe
Cosmic Pal
Rausch
OnTheWarpath58
truebigdog

USC - I need your email for the invite

On the way.

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 01:33 PM
That sounds good.

I want to bring something up. Last year, in my 07 league, the playoffs were the last four weeks of the season. During that time, many NFL teams rest their starters. This can cripple an owner who might have been dominating his league. A friend of mine said he was in a league where there were no playoffs. The team with the best record won. If two teams were tied, the winner was decided by whoever had the higher cumulative points for that season. Thoughts?

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 01:36 PM
K.C. Kamikaze = dorseybowe

Old Dog
07-28-2008, 01:38 PM
It will be a free league.

Apologies.....I misunderstood. I thought it was a money league. I'm going to pass then.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 01:52 PM
If we have an extra spot now, I know someone that will want in.

Hoover
07-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Bill i sent you a PM

Hoover
07-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Sweet I'm in.

Any Idea of how many keepers we will keep?

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Sweet I'm in.

Any Idea of how many keepers we will keep?

It's a dynasty league. You keep your team. Please see the rules attached in post #19

RJ
07-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Thanks, Bill, I just PM'd you my email.

The Rick
07-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the invite. I'll get signed up later tonight (can't get in to the site due to office firewall).

Hoover
07-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Question: Shouldn't it be a serpentine for the first year? The rules make sense for an established league, but I think the draft needs to be thought out a bit for year one.

Also, I'm not super clear on the contract status. Do you only have a players rights for a set number of years after you have drafted them. Just trying to get up to speed. I think this is going to be a lot of fun.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Question: Shouldn't it be a serpentine for the first year? The rules make sense for an established league, but I think the draft needs to be thought out a bit for year one.

Also, I'm not super clear on the contract status. Do you only have a players rights for a set number of years after you have drafted them. Just trying to get up to speed. I think this is going to be a lot of fun.

Good point on the serpentine draft for year one. We will take a league vote on that as soon as we have every team accounted for.
Yes after the draft you are responsible for signing your players to a contract. As I interpret it you have a cap of 40 years for your entire team. Contracts may be restructured throughout the length of the contract. (Example: I draft Adrian Peterson and sign him to a 6 year deal. 3 years into it I restructure for an additional 3 years. As long as my cap years are 40 or less no problem).

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 02:49 PM

Agree on the serpentine draft in Year 1.

Hoover
07-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Agree on the serpentine draft in Year 1.
Unless I have the first pick :D

Hoover
07-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Good point on the serpentine draft for year one. We will take a league vote on that as soon as we have every team accounted for.
Yes after the draft you are responsible for signing your players to a contract. As I interpret it you have a cap of 40 years for your entire team. Contracts may be restructured throughout the length of the contract. (Example: I draft Adrian Peterson and sign him to a 6 year deal. 3 years into it I restructure for an additional 3 years. As long as my cap years are 40 or less no problem).
Awesome. That clears everything up for me.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 02:52 PM
We currently have 3 spots that are not spoken for at this time. Iowanian, RJ, and Smoke have yet to register for the website.

As of right now I have:

Bill Lundberg
Iowanian
Smoke
RJ
Cosmic Pal
dorseybowe
SCTrojan
OnTheWarpath58
Hoover

Please let me know if I'm missing anybody.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 02:53 PM
We still need a good league name!!

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 02:54 PM
We currently have 3 spots that are not spoken for at this time. Iowanian, RJ, and Smoke have yet to register for the website.

As of right now I have:

Bill Lundberg
Iowanian
Smoke
RJ
Cosmic Pal
dorseybowe
SCTrojan
OnTheWarpath58
Hoover

I'm pretty sure Coffey would want a spot if you're willing to hold one for him until I reach him...

Guru
07-28-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm pretty sure Coffey would want a spot if you're willing to hold one for him until I reach him...
Well, crap, you guys are making me want to join this league too with the cast of characters you have. heh

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Well, crap, you guys are making me want to join this league too with the cast of characters you have. heh

Get in, then.

Even if he holds a spot for Coffey, there's 2 left...

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Looks like the creative team names all reside in the Central Division.

Guru
07-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Get in, then.

Even if he holds a spot for Coffey, there's 2 left...

Don't know if I can take 3 dynasty leagues. That could be a headache. heh

Have to think about it for a bit.

Bill, are you rewriting the contracts or something? There are no restructures in my list of rules until after the contract expires and they go back to the draft pool or you have a free agent auction.

Guru
07-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Is the draft set in stone?

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Is the draft set in stone?

I hope not, that's WAY too early.

(August 11th)

Guru
07-28-2008, 03:13 PM
I hope not, that's WAY too early.

(August 11th)

and Monday nights are completely out of the question for me.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Don't know if I can take 3 dynasty leagues. That could be a headache. heh

Have to think about it for a bit.

Bill, are you rewriting the contracts or something? There are no restructures in my list of rules until after the contract expires and they go back to the draft pool or you have a free agent auction.

No, I must have misinterpreted the contracts! I was going to see if you would help me out with a couple questions that will inevitably arise since this is my first Dynasty league.

No the draft is not set in stone. The date/time listed was just randomly assigned by the website.

The Rick
07-28-2008, 03:17 PM

As of right now I have:

Bill Lundberg
Iowanian
Smoke
RJ
Cosmic Pal
dorseybowe
SCTrojan
OnTheWarpath58
Hoover

I want in! Darn office firewall keeping me out!

Will try to get in on my phone...

Guru
07-28-2008, 03:17 PM
No, I must have misinterpreted the contracts! I was going to see if you would help me out with a couple questions that will inevitably arise since this is my first Dynasty league.

No the draft is not set in stone. The date/time listed was just randomly assigned by the website.
I'm more than happy to help you with clearing up some of the rules.

I might go ahead and give it a shot for one year but if it proves to be too much for me, being in 3 dynasty leagues and running one myself, I may have to bow out at the end of the year.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 03:18 PM
You're in The Rick. Forgot about you, sorry.

2 SPOTS LEFT

GURU?
Crazy Coffee?

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 03:18 PM
After the 3rd preseason game would be best for me. Preferably on a weekend.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 03:20 PM
After the 3rd preseason game would be best for me. Preferably on a weekend.

Me too.

Guru
07-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Me too.

Me three

CupidStunt
07-28-2008, 03:23 PM
I'll vacate my spot to someone else. I probably wouldn't be able to put a full commitment in if we weren't using MFL. I track all my leagues through one page.

Thanks anyway guys.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Guru, does this mean you're in?

How does Sunday evening August 24th work for everyone?? Say around 7:30?

Hoover
07-28-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm a fan of Sunday nights.

Guru
07-28-2008, 03:25 PM

Yeah, I'll give it a shot. 24th should work for me at this point.

Hoover
07-28-2008, 03:26 PM
I have a feeling the Colostomy Bags are going to stink up the place.

SCTrojan
07-28-2008, 03:27 PM

Works for me.

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Perfect, Bill.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Coffey wants in.

PM sent with e-mail addy...

Smoke
07-28-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm 100% in, just waiting for a team name to come to me.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 03:35 PM

Perfect.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm 100% in, just waiting for a team name to come to me.

You can change your team name anytime. I'm still trying to come up with a good one myself.

Still waiting for League Name suggestions

The Rick
07-28-2008, 03:37 PM
For some reason, I'm being prompted for a password...

Any ideas?

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Try your own password (the one you signed up with).

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 03:40 PM
For some reason, I'm being prompted for a password...

Any ideas?

PM sent

Guru
07-28-2008, 03:44 PM
You can change your team name anytime. I'm still trying to come up with a good one myself.

Still waiting for League Name suggestions

Carl Peterson's whipping sticks

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Minnesota's Drinking Laws

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Minnesota's Drinking Laws

Jared Allen's Taxi Service.

RJ
07-28-2008, 03:48 PM

That works for me.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 03:49 PM
The League is full.

Iowanian
Smoke
Crazy Coffee

still need to sign in on the website.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Sweet.

Good luck everybody.

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 03:59 PM
The Denver Donkeys' Parole Officers

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Matt Jones' Nose Candy

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Carl Peterson's whipping sticks

So far I like this one the best

Iowanian
07-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I had a meeting.

Savage Midget Carnivours will rule this league.

Hoover
07-28-2008, 04:59 PM
I had a meeting.

Savage Midget Carnivours will rule this league.
Thats so 2004

Iowanian
07-28-2008, 05:52 PM
And still both true and relevant.

The Savage Midgets have been dominating longer than the Patriots and the brilliant GM has lots of room under the salary cap to reload.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Everyone please review the rules in post #19. Submit any questions you have in this thread. I will (with Guru's assistance) answer all questions. Any rule suggestions should also be posted here.

As mentioned previously I plan on having 3 divisions and all division winners will be in the playoffs. The remaining 3 playoff teams will be "wildcards" (3 teams with best winning percentages).

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Is it filled yet? I want to know the draft order. Additionally, how many seconds between each pick?

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 07:35 PM
What are the other options for individual game tiebreakers?

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 07:45 PM
More random questions...

How is the waiver order determined each week?

In the playoffs, which seeds receive bye weeks?

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Is it filled yet? I want to know the draft order. Additionally, how many seconds between each pick?

The league is full. We are waiting on Crazy Coffey and Smoke to sign up on the website before the random draft order can be established. As it is now you will have 90 seconds to make a selection.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
What are the other options for individual game tiebreakers?

<fieldset id="show.league.rules.tiebreaks"><legend>Tiebreakers</legend> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="dt">Individual Game Tiebreakers</td> <td class="dd">
Most starter TDs
Highest individual starter score
Higher bench points total</td></tr></tbody></table>

</fieldset>
These are your options the only way to change them is to re arrange the order.

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 08:19 PM
More random questions...

How is the waiver order determined each week?

In the playoffs, which seeds receive bye weeks?

The waiver order is determined by the reverse order of the standings.

The top 2 teams will receive the byes.

Guru
07-28-2008, 09:03 PM

Keep in mind, with a three division setup, you may need to do some tweaking to the playoffs to keep the field straight. You could have a second place team with a better record than a division winner. The division winner should receive the higher seed by default. Of course, as a league, it can be voted to ignore that and seed by record only. Generally, it all works out though.

Another thing to toy with as a league is how you want the draft order decided for next year. The rules, as they are now, set the draft order by the reverse of how each team finished the regular season, i.e. 1-12 before the playoffs will go 12-1. However, you could change it to actually have the winner of the playoffs be the 12 pick next year as well. Personally, I prefer to do it the way the NFL does it and if you win the whole thing, you get stuck with the worst draft spot. Seed backwards like that based on playoff results.

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 09:11 PM

After standings, what is the tie break?

Guru
07-28-2008, 09:28 PM
troll alert

Bill Lundberg
07-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Keep in mind, with a three division setup, you may need to do some tweaking to the playoffs to keep the field straight. You could have a second place team with a better record than a division winner. The division winner should receive the higher seed by default. Of course, as a league, it can be voted to ignore that and seed by record only. Generally, it all works out though.

Another thing to toy with as a league is how you want the draft order decided for next year. The rules, as they are now, set the draft order by the reverse of how each team finished the regular season, i.e. 1-12 before the playoffs will go 12-1. However, you could change it to actually have the winner of the playoffs be the 12 pick next year as well. Personally, I prefer to do it the way the NFL does it and if you win the whole thing, you get stuck with the worst draft spot. Seed backwards like that based on playoff results.

Good catch. I should have clarified that it is the 2 division winners with the best record.

Bill Lundberg
07-29-2008, 09:28 AM
After standings, what is the tie break?

Power & Playoff Rank Tiebreakers
Best head-to-head record
Best division record (same division only)
Most average points/game
Hardest schedule (record)
Hardest schedule (points)
Someone needs to tell Crazy Coffey to get signed up so we can set the draft order.

dorseybowe
07-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Power & Playoff Rank Tiebreakers
Best head-to-head record
Best division record (same division only)
Most average points/game
Hardest schedule (record)
Hardest schedule (points)
Someone needs to tell Crazy Coffey to get signed up so we can set the draft order.

Sounds good. Which draft spot do you think can get the best value this season?

Rausch
07-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Am I no longer in?

Did you change the password?

Rausch
07-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Nevermind.

Bill Lundberg
07-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Am I no longer in?

Did you change the password?

You are in Crazy Coffey is not. I never heard from him and he hasn't registered for the site. Besides that Rausch was in first, he just wasn't signed up on flea flicker and I mistakenly over looked that.

Rausch
07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
You are in Crazy Coffey is not. I never heard from him and he hasn't registered for the site. Besides that Rausch was in first, he just wasn't signed up on flea flicker and I mistakenly over looked that.

Password isn't working.

Rausch
07-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Now I can't login at all.

I've emailed fleaflicker, I WILL be playing, keep the spot.

Bill Lundberg
07-29-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm going to remove the password and make it public for you. If someone takes the spot I'll kick them out and make it private again. See if this works.

Rausch
07-29-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm going to remove the password and make it public for you. If someone takes the spot I'll kick them out and make it private again. See if this works.

Don't.

For some reason I can't even login. At all.

It'll be resolved...

Guru
07-29-2008, 02:29 PM
You had an old FF account Rausch. You are trying that one aren't you?

El Jefe
07-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Been playing since 2001 or so, been to the playoffs a deceant amount, but never cashed in on a Championship. I am interested in getting into your league, if you havent filled it already.

Bill Lundberg
07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
It's currently full but Guru may have openings in his league. You could join his wait list.

Guru
07-29-2008, 02:44 PM
It's currently full but Guru may have openings in his league. You could join his wait list.

Once I can confirm all the current owners I will look at the list and start contacting people. I have had one owner already say they can't return this year. Unfortunately, he was one of the active owners.

Rausch
07-30-2008, 07:41 AM
You had an old FF account Rausch. You are trying that one aren't you?

No. I forgot the password.

I signed up for a new one and everything was fine. I try and log in and it keeps telling me my screen name or pass are wrong. They aren't.

I don't get it...

Rausch
07-30-2008, 07:42 AM
Once I can confirm all the current owners I will look at the list and start contacting people. I have had one owner already say they can't return this year. Unfortunately, he was one of the active owners.

Once you figure out the spots put me on the waiting list.

I seek redemption...:D

OnTheWarpath58
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM

I signed up for a new one and everything was fine. I try and log in and it keeps telling me my screen name or pass are wrong. They aren't.

I don't get it...

I had the same problem.

Sign in using the e-mail address you used to sign up, NOT your username.

Worked for me...

Rausch
07-30-2008, 11:46 AM
I had the same problem.

Sign in using the e-mail address you used to sign up, NOT your username.

Worked for me...

Nope.

Same deal.

I think I'll have him sign up using whatever Username/pass he wants and go under that.

I've had no reply from fleaflicker and it's embarassing. I recommended the site and now I can't even use it...:mad:

OnTheWarpath58
07-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Nope.

Same deal.

I think I'll have him sign up using whatever Username/pass he wants and go under that.

I've had no reply from fleaflicker and it's embarassing. I recommended the site and now I can't even use it...:mad:

Damn.

Sorry, it was worth a shot. I was having the same issues...

Rausch
07-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Damn.

Sorry, it was worth a shot. I was having the same issues...

In fact they now don't even recognize my email.

This is pissing me off.

I typed the correct addy, I made sure every keystroke was spot on, but they've essentially blackballed me.

Smoke
07-30-2008, 06:47 PM
I couldn't get in last night. I got the error in user name or password, then it sent me to answering my birthday.....then told me that was wrong too.

I just logged in a few minutes ago with no problems though.

Bill Lundberg
07-30-2008, 07:54 PM
It's not too late to move this to another site if you guys want to. I still like myfantasyleague, but it would require a $7 or $8 contribution from everyone.

Guru
07-30-2008, 08:07 PM

I don't get it...

Have you tried the forgot password option? Thats the only thing I can think for you to try at this point. Doesn't make sense though.

OnTheWarpath58
07-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Rausch e-mailed me his info, and I was able to log him in with his e-mail address and pasword.

:hmmm:

I sent him a PM but haven't heard from him.

DaKCMan AP
07-30-2008, 08:12 PM
i can lead a nation with a microphone

Smoke
07-30-2008, 08:36 PM
It's not too late to move this to another site if you guys want to. I still like myfantasyleague, but it would require a $7 or $8 contribution from everyone.

I don't care either way. I just chalked it up to a glich on the site...no biggie it's working fine now.

CosmicPal
07-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Not to beeacth, but you need to change that draft order.

Right now, you've got team #1 through 12 in the first round. Then it's 1-12 in the second round. 1-12 in the third round.

It should be 1-12, then 12-1 in the second round, then 1-12 in the third, 12-1 in the fourth.

The 12th man gets the last pick in the first round and the first pick in the second round. That's how it should be. That's the only fair way to draft. The guy with the first pick in the first round, should NOT get the first pick in EVERY round.

Bill Lundberg
07-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Looks like he's in and we are set. The draft order has been randomly generated. I need to figure out how to set the draft to serpentine for this year. A question has also arisen about trading draft picks. I'm ok with that, but I need to have time to review each trade and should probably set a deadline for those trades to be in so we don't slow up the draft with people wheeling and dealing.

CosmicPal
07-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Looks like he's in and we are set. The draft order has been randomly generated. I need to figure out how to set the draft to serpentine for this year.

Sounds good. :clap:

Looking forward to another eventful football season.

RJ
07-31-2008, 10:45 AM
I haven't had any trouble logging on but if it becomes an issue I'd be ok with paying a small fee for another site.

Bill Lundberg
07-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Once again I ask that everyone carefully review the rules (attached) and post any questions you have prior to the season.

We also need to agree on a League Name

Bill Lundberg
08-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Reminder... The Draft is Sunday night at 7:30

RJ
08-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Thought I'd bump this as a reminder.....just in case.

Does anyone know if a fleaflicker draft can be paused? We're gonna be at it for a while, 12 teams of 23 is 276 players we'll be picking.

How many beers is that?

SCTrojan
08-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Thought I'd bump this as a reminder.....just in case.

Does anyone know if a fleaflicker draft can be paused? We're gonna be at it for a while, 12 teams of 23 is 276 players we'll be picking.

How many beers is that?

No beers -this is SERIOUS business. :)

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2008, 07:05 PM
You gotta be ****ing kidding me.

I can't get into the draft room. I've done multiple mock drafts, so I know my system is capable.

Anyone else having a problem?

Iowanian
08-24-2008, 07:10 PM
It took a minute, but I got in a minute ago.

The savage midgets are going to beat you until the candy comes out....for years to come.

Rausch
08-24-2008, 08:27 PM
OK, work every day this week at 10 pm. I need to be done by 9:30 or so to get to work.

Any weekday early enough is cool with me for a redo.

The Rick
08-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Are we posting updates in this thread on the draft redo?

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2008, 08:28 PM
I say we try again tomorrow night.

Guru
08-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Damn, what a waste. I was really happy with my picks early on then the server screwed everyone over.

Guru
08-24-2008, 08:29 PM
I say we try again tomorrow night.

That is the ONLY night I can't be available.

Bill Lundberg
08-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Draft redo is in 15 minutes 8:45 CST

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Draft redo is in 15 minutes 8:45 CST

Hopefully everyone gets the message...

Bill Lundberg
08-24-2008, 08:32 PM
The other option would be to have a "Draft Thread" and just check in throughout the day and pick when you are up. I would prefer not to do that as it can take forever

Iowanian
08-24-2008, 08:34 PM
That would take DAYS.

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2008, 08:35 PM
That would take DAYS.

We wouldn't finish before the start of the season.

CosmicPal
08-24-2008, 08:35 PM
The other option would be to have a "Draft Thread" and just check in throughout the day and pick when you are up. I would prefer not to do that as it can take forever

You can manually set each team?

Bill Lundberg
08-24-2008, 08:36 PM
yes

Guru
08-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Set the draft time for 9:15 BIll.

CosmicPal
08-24-2008, 08:37 PM
yes

If you can do that, then we should do our own thread here and not risk the system crashing on us again.

Bill Lundberg
08-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Why 9:15 lets get it over with

Guru
08-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Why 9:15 lets get it over with
I spent a lot of time putting together my ranking sheet. I want time to get it reentered.

RJ
Well, that didn't work

The Rick
i'm ok redoing now

Bill Lundberg
08-24-2008, 08:40 PM
We're in and running in t minus 3

RJ
08-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Next attempt in 5 minutes. Guru, can you work with it?

Guru
08-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Next attempt in 5 minutes. Guru, can you work with it?
Sure. Lets do it. 10:35 start? heh

Smoke
08-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Lundberg for the nice work tonight for getting not one but two drafts started. Let's hope that site gets it's act together.

CosmicPal
08-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Lundberg for the nice work tonight for getting not one but two drafts started. Let's hope that site gets it's act together.

I hear you. :thumb:

Good job Bill.

SCTrojan
08-25-2008, 06:12 AM

Agreed - great work last night.

Hoover
08-25-2008, 06:56 AM
It all worked out well, except I lost a few players that I in the 1st five rounds in draft 1, but oh well.

Bill Lundberg
08-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Looks like we have an open team now that the owner of the Space Leprechauns unexpectedly decided to drop out of the league unannounced. I guess only losing one after last nights clusterf*ck isn't bad. If anyone would like to own and manage the following team send me a PM and you're in.

Tony Romo
Jamal Lewis
Ernest Graham
Greg Jennings
Bernard Berrian
Kevin Curtis
Chris Cooley
Alge Crumpler
Phil Dawson
Chargers
Derrick Anderson
Trent Edwards
Alex Smith
Jerious Norwood
Warrick Dunn
Deshaun Foster
Ronald Curry
Ernest WIlford
Dennis Northcut
Leonard Pope
John Kasay
Mike Nugent
Packers

I know it isn't exactly a dream team, but there is some talent there. Unfortunately the owner of this team wasn't able to draft and the pre rankings must have been screwed up.

Guru
08-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Hey, our first draft casualty. Guess he didn't want to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Not that it is a horrendous draft or anything.

Bill Lundberg
08-25-2008, 09:57 AM
It's really not a bad starting lineup. The depth is an issue, but trading and free agency could shore that up rather quickly. I would guess Derrick Anderson could draw a decent player or two.

Rausch
08-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Looks like we have an open team now that the owner of the Space Leprechauns unexpectedly decided to drop out of the league unannounced. I guess only losing one after last nights clusterf*ck isn't bad.

I stated in the draft chat I couldn't do it if you had to draft right away. I had to go to work. I didn't pre-rank anything because I made arrangements to be there for it.

It sucks, I was really happy with my picks until it went sideways on us. Nobody's fault, I just didn't know you planned to immediately redraft. I don't think anyone wants to play with an auto-draft team (and WTF is up with ANYONE ranking Romo the 2nd best fantasy player overall? :spock:)

Bill Lundberg
08-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Yeah, we were scratching our heads over the Romo thing. I still think it's a salvageable team.

Rausch
08-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah, we were scratching our heads over the Romo thing. I still think it's a salvageable team.

Bad luck.

If I'd waited just 5 minutes longer I would have read your post and could have at least smoked you a list of my 10 preferences. Perhaps lasted 2 or 3 rounds.

I didn't read everything here so if that was the only time it could be done you gotta' do it. I don't blame you. I'm going to be in 4 leagues and planned a different strat for each. Here I had the high pick and planned to go Tomlinson/Peterson and then QB/WR heavy, rely on rookie HB's after that.

If it would have been close to something I wanted I wouldn't sweat it but for some reason it took all the players I DIDN'T want (Dunn, Foster, Lewis, etc.)

This is something that's never happened to me before but thinking about it locking up a back up date in case something does go wrong sounds like a good idea.

Guru
08-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Bad luck.

If I'd waited just 5 minutes longer I would have read your post and could have at least smoked you a list of my 10 preferences. Perhaps lasted 2 or 3 rounds.

I didn't read everything here so if that was the only time it could be done you gotta' do it. I don't blame you. I'm going to be in 4 leagues and planned a different strat for each. Here I had the high pick and planned to go Tomlinson/Peterson and then QB/WR heavy, rely on rookie HB's after that.

If it would have been close to something I wanted I wouldn't sweat it but for some reason it took all the players I DIDN'T want (Dunn, Foster, Lewis, etc.)

This is something that's never happened to me before but thinking about it locking up a back up date in case something does go wrong sounds like a good idea.

I have read that a bunch of FF players love the FF rankings. I think they are nuts. It drafts way too many QBs TOO HIGH. There are 2 QBs that are first round quality, questionable too, the rest can wait until the middle rounds.

Bill Lundberg
08-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Anyone, Anyone, Bueler Bueler

RJ
08-25-2008, 12:59 PM
I stated in the draft chat I couldn't do it if you had to draft right away. I had to go to work. I didn't pre-rank anything because I made arrangements to be there for it.

It sucks, I was really happy with my picks until it went sideways on us. Nobody's fault, I just didn't know you planned to immediately redraft. I don't think anyone wants to play with an auto-draft team (and WTF is up with ANYONE ranking Romo the 2nd best fantasy player overall? :spock:)

Wow, so the pre-set ranking had Romo #2? I thought you must have set it that way yourself......you're right, that's crazy to have him that high, especially in a league where passing TD's are 4 points. Sorry about the bad luck.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2008, 02:13 PM
So to clarify, Bill...

We need to submit our 3 PS players to you, in writing, before the Thursday night game next week...

Also - do we assign contracts through FleaFlicker, or do we submit that to you as well?

Bill Lundberg
08-25-2008, 02:15 PM
So to clarify, Bill...

We need to submit our 3 PS players to you, in writing, before the Thursday night game next week...

Also - do we assign contracts through FleaFlicker, or do we submit that to you as well?

I need you to submit your contracts and the 3 PS players to me by midnight on Tuesday September 2. This will give me a day to record everything and get organized before the season starts on Thursday.

I think we found someone to take the empty team. I'm just waiting on him to send me his email so I can invite him.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2008, 02:18 PM
I need you to submit your contracts and the 3 PS players to me by midnight on Tuesday September 2. This will give me a day to record everything and get organized before the season starts on Thursday.

I think we found someone to take the empty team. I'm just waiting on him to send me his email so I can invite him.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Also, regarding waivers/FA:

I thought there was a bidding process to pick someone up? I've seen people already add/drop since last night.

Where am I misunderstanding the process?

TIA - and GREAT job last night.

Bill Lundberg
08-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Gotcha. Thanks.

Also, regarding waivers/FA:

I thought there was a bidding process to pick someone up? I've seen people already add/drop since last night.

Where am I misunderstanding the process?

TIA - and GREAT job last night.

The free agents will be first come first served until the time that contracts are due. At that time there will be a waivers system determined by fleaflicker. This will only be done for this the inaugural season. Mostly due to the draft complications last night. Each season moving forward will automatically start the waivers process.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2008, 02:31 PM
The free agents will be first come first served until the time that contracts are due. At that time there will be a waivers system determined by fleaflicker. This will only be done for this the inaugural season. Mostly due to the draft complications last night. Each season moving forward will automatically start the waivers process.

Got it.

Thanks again.

Rausch
08-26-2008, 07:51 AM
I didn't read this whole thread when I got home from work yesterday and figured there was nothing else that could be done.

Now I am ticked.

The agreement was to come here to discuss when to redraft. I went straight from the draft debacle to here. I was leaving and posted when I could do it (any day as long as it ended by 9:30 PM) at 8:27 PM.

There were then FOUR posts and at 8:30 (THREE MINUTES) our Commish decides we'll redo it in 15 minutes.

Not taking in to account who could or couldn't make it. Not asking when the best time for everyone was, just be there in 15 minutes.

This after knowing at least I couldn't do it, and not bothering to take into account the best time for anyone else to decided to go Now-now-now!

"Rausch can't make it, but **** him."

Looks like we have an open team now that the owner of the Space Leprechauns unexpectedly decided to drop out of the league unannounced.

And then you have the nerve to act like I'M the @$$hole here? You decide to redo the draft because on some teams a few players are mixed up but It's absolutely fine to just nix me from the draft and piss away my WHOLE team?

And now I'm the @$$#ole?

Bill Lundberg
08-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

sorry you feel that way. I didn't intend to piss you off. The common theme among those in the draft room was to finish it that night. I did the best I could under the circumstances.
I didn't even realize it was your team until you posted here. Thank you for taking it serious enough to call me out on a public forum. Have a great day!

Rausch
08-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

sorry you feel that way. I didn't intend to piss you off. The common theme among those in the draft room was to finish it that night.

That's a shame. I'll admit, I'm ticked at more than you. No one seemed to care who could or couldn't make it.

Look, this isn't one of those deals where there's always some jerk who doesn't show up and throws off your draft.

I was there early, I drafted, and my team wasn't one of those messed up. I didn't need to redraft to begin with.

I'm not here to just randomly throw poo at someone. I figured that was just the best fit for all. If that's the case I don't want to ruin everyone else's time.

But that wasn't the case.

I did the best I could under the circumstances.

That's what urks me.

No, you didn't.

YOU wanted to go right away despite protests. You did not consult with the teams in your league to find a good reschedule time. You dictated when it would happen and hoped everyone got the message.

I didn't even realize it was your team until you posted here.

Now you're really pissing me off. You knew full and well after my login problems who I was. It was a private league and you were kind enough to change the pass twice just so I could avoid the FF problems I was having.

Thank you for taking it serious enough to call me out on a public forum. Have a great day!

Here's where I could do what comes natural and toss insults.

I won't. I'm out and it's your league. Do whatever you want.

But what you did was shady. It's no different than having to cancel a draft in person and saying you'll meet in 10 minutes at McDonald's to discuss when to redraft.

One guy says he can't go because he has to go to work and tells you when he's available to redraft.

You decided instead to do the draft in the parking lot.

Afterwards you decide to say that the guy at work was a jerk for not to playing.

If that was my best friend I'd still wonder WTF he did that...

Hoover
08-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Well its always good to have some drama in a league.

I didn't like how this went down either. It was chaos, and I lucked out when I went to the site again to see when it was going to be rescheduled, and I had 4 mins until the draft started.

I was lucky that I logged back in. But then had two drafts going on at the same time which sucked. I also didn't like the fact that people knew who you were targeting and in what rounds, I lost a couple of players I really wanted because of that.

I think the best option would have been to make people draft the 1st 5 rounds just as they did before, but maybe that was impossible.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 09:51 AM

I didn't like how this went down either. It was chaos, and I lucked out when I went to the site again to see when it was going to be rescheduled, and I had 4 mins until the draft started.

I was lucky that I logged back in. But then had two drafts going on at the same time which sucked. I also didn't like the fact that people knew who you were targeting and in what rounds, I lost a couple of players I really wanted because of that.

I think the best option would have been to make people draft the 1st 5 rounds just as they did before, but maybe that was impossible.

That's the thing: It WAS chaos.

I was getting ready to quit for the night when I saw the message that we were redrafting at 8:45. So I posted a message here, and IIRC, even made a comment either here or there about "hopefully everyone gets the message."

And FTR, the chat box was flying a mile a minute - I personally had no idea that people couldn't make the redraft.

No matter your POV, the situation was FUBAR from the get-go. I understand Brad's frustration completely, but I think that had we re-scheduled completely, there still would have been people that couldn't make it. Some people were going to get "screwed" no matter what.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Rausch - PM sent.

Rausch
08-26-2008, 09:55 AM

My only point is that the best option for all was never considered.

I was not a jerk the day after and respectfully decline the league.

Seeing now what happened I'm disappointed. I'm glad everyone got to redraft. It didn't have to be done but everyone wanted it and it got worked out. It appears it worked out fairly well for most.

My only point is that a judgement came hastily and (luckily only) I was excluded.

There might have been harsh words if I hadn't gotten lucky and my mother was home. The plan was to pay Kindo's $0.30 a minute once I realized it wouldn't run on my puter.

Had I been forced to pay the $18.00, not gotten a team after staying up 24 hours to live draft due to my work schedule, and THEN been told my pics didn't matter I might be a bit more agitated...

The Rick
08-26-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't think anyone can really be blamed, nor should anyone be too upset with anyone else. Bill Lundberg did the best he could under unfortunate circumstances...not his fault the server crashed.

I don't blame Rausch either for dropping out...part of the fun is drafting your team.

The whole thing is unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Iowanian
08-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Under the circumstances, I thought Lundberg did a great job. We'd all made arrangements to be available to draft THAT night.

Its unfortunate that Raush is butthurt, but if the draft had been moved, who knows how many others wouldn't have been available.

I wish Raush had been there too, because the savage midgets would be rockin' the Derrick Anderson at QB 2 picks later.

Smoke
08-26-2008, 11:52 AM
I see Raush point. I think what happened was Bill and Guru were here on this thread when the conclusion came to redraft the same night. It was posted here, meanwhile on Fleaflicker chat Raush see's nothing to make him think the draft was going down in 15 minutes and leaves for work. I made the same moves he did...checked here and there was nothing BUT I tried to log back on to FF and see the new draft countdown. When I checked back to this thread the posts Bill and Guru made were posted after I had checked the first time.

Bottom line, sucks for everyone, no one is to blame but FF.
Raush got screwed, but it wasn't done purposely by anyone. It was just a jacked up deal.

Bill Lundberg
08-26-2008, 12:49 PM
I've been in a training meeting all morning and haven't really been able to post.

Rausch, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. You were the one owner who got screwed the most in this deal. For that I'm sorry, but you seem to think I singled you out or that it was intentional. I can assure you it was not. As far as the shady comment is concerned, that stings the most. If you knew me as a person you you would know that is the last thing I am. If it were shady I would have something to gain from it. I can tell you that I gained nothing, but a pissed off wife, frustration and more gray hairs, from the draft room crashing and having to sort things out on the fly from 3 different places (Chiefsplanet, the FF message board, and the FF draft room).

The last thing I will say is that no one, (Hoover included) suggested during the second draft that we stop everything and reconvene. I made a call to get started as soon as possible and finish that evening and the only response was Guru stating he wanted to start it at 9:15.

THE reason I started at 8:30 was because I read that someone had to leave for work at 9:30 and thought if we started earlier it would allow them to get at least 4 or 5 picks in and pre rank the rest before heading to work. Yes, in hindsight I knew Rausch was Space Lepricauns, at the time, in the midst of the chaos, I couldn't keep everyone straight as all the draft room showed was team names.

After reading my post about you unexpectedly and unannounced dropping out of the league I can see how you took it the wrong way. Simple fact was you didn't contact me or let me know you were bailing, therefore it was both unexpected and unannounced. I logged in and saw that we had an open team.

This is the last of it from my standpoint. Again I'm sorry it happened to you or anyone for that matter. You obviously have the passion and drive I like to see in a fantasy owner and wish things would have worked out differently.

On a side note I haven't heard a peep out of dorseybowe. He wasn't at the draft and I would appreciate him checking in to let us know he's still in the league.

Hoover
08-26-2008, 01:49 PM
my only real bitch is that somebody took Lendale White from me the 2nd time around. Dude's going to be a beast.

Bill Lundberg
08-26-2008, 02:10 PM
my only real bitch is that somebody took Lendale White from me the 2nd time around. Dude's going to be a beast.

Just curious why you're so high on LenWhale? I had him last year and he was decent but not spectacular. I think the addition of Chris Johnson will hurt him more than it will help.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 02:49 PM

That was me, and I had no choice. When someone took Brees from me, it started a snowball effect. I had to take the highest ranked RB at the time - there wasn't another QB worthy of that high of a pick.

I'm open to a trade if you want him.

RJ
08-26-2008, 03:18 PM
The whole draft got a little goofy after Romo went with the 2nd pick. I think that's the main reason the picks were different in the re-draft. I honestly thought Space Leprechauns (Rausch, as it turns out) had pre-ranked that way, I'm still amazed to learn that was Flea Flickers ranking.

It really is a shame it all happened that way but I sure don't think we can blame anyone. The server crashed, Bill made do. Things were happening pretty fast.

Hey Rausch, FWIW, I had no idea Space Leprechauns was you until the next day. Sorry things went that way and that you won't be participating in the league.

Guru
08-26-2008, 05:56 PM
I see Raush point. I think what happened was Bill and Guru were here on this thread when the conclusion came to redraft the same night. It was posted here, meanwhile on Fleaflicker chat Raush see's nothing to make him think the draft was going down in 15 minutes and leaves for work. I made the same moves he did...checked here and there was nothing BUT I tried to log back on to FF and see the new draft countdown. When I checked back to this thread the posts Bill and Guru made were posted after I had checked the first time.

Bottom line, sucks for everyone, no one is to blame but FF.
Raush got screwed, but it wasn't done purposely by anyone. It was just a jacked up deal.
Dude, I was posting in both places furiously so don't be pulling me into this damn mess. I was vocal about making the draft later but managed to work things out for myself and came out OK.

I hate losing Rausch but the only people to blame for the incident is Fleaflicker and the flakey servers that night. There were SEVERAL votes to continue the draft that night. Well more than a majority. Bill was only doing what practically the whole league asked for. A little too soon but it was what the majority wanted. I am certain if most said NO, we would be drafting on a different night. I do remember Rausch's post about having to work, I just didn't realize at the time it was Rausch as I didn't have team names memorized yet. Still don't heh.

that night was a fiascoe but it was Fleaflickers fault 100%.

RJ
08-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I gotta admit that I would have been more concerned about Rausch having to leave the draft than I was about joefixit/space leprechauns having to leave the draft. Does that make me a bad person?

Not that it would have mattered. I believe the majority of owners were wanting to get it done that night and I was among them.

Meanwhile, have we heard from DorseyBowe?

Guru
08-26-2008, 07:16 PM
I gotta admit that I would have been more concerned about Rausch having to leave the draft than I was about joefixit/space leprechauns having to leave the draft. Does that make me a bad person?

Not that it would have mattered. I believe the majority of owners were wanting to get it done that night and I was among them.

Meanwhile, have we heard from DorseyBowe?

Completely agree there. I was looking forward sparring with him all season. heh

I have him back in my other 3 year old league now so I will still get to spar.:evil:

Smoke
08-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Dude, I was posting in both places furiously so don't be pulling me into this damn mess. I was vocal about making the draft later but managed to work things out for myself and came out OK.

I hate losing Rausch but the only people to blame for the incident is Fleaflicker and the flakey servers that night. There were SEVERAL votes to continue the draft that night. Well more than a majority. Bill was only doing what practically the whole league asked for. A little too soon but it was what the majority wanted. I am certain if most said NO, we would be drafting on a different night. I do remember Rausch's post about having to work, I just didn't realize at the time it was Rausch as I didn't have team names memorized yet. Still don't heh.

that night was a fiascoe but it was Fleaflickers fault 100%.

I'm not pulling you into anything..or laying any blame to you. I may not have gotten my point across. My point is due to bad timing, and not being on the right site at the right time SP didn't know what was going on. I didn't either for a few minutes. He had to leave and didn't know what was decided.

I think I did make the point that FF was the only thing to really blame.

I was one that wanted to wait till another night, but when I brought that up it was pretty clear we wouldn't find any other night that would work for everyone. Really other than tonight this week wouldn't work for me either.

I'm in this to have some fun. I hope it ends up a good time for everyone.

Iowanian
08-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Thats all not nearly as important as the desire of the GM of the Savage Midgets to improve their 3rd RB, interst in Derrick Anderson, and potential 3-4th WR trades to be considered.

Get it while its hot.

Guru
08-26-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm not pulling you into anything..or laying any blame to you. I may not have gotten my point across. My point is due to bad timing, and not being on the right site at the right time SP didn't know what was going on. I didn't either for a few minutes. He had to leave and didn't know what was decided.

I think I did make the point that FF was the only thing to really blame.

I was one that wanted to wait till another night, but when I brought that up it was pretty clear we wouldn't find any other night that would work for everyone. Really other than tonight this week wouldn't work for me either.

I'm in this to have some fun. I hope it ends up a good time for everyone.

It's cool. It will be a great season too.:thumb:

Bill Lundberg
08-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Thats all not nearly as important as the desire of the GM of the Savage Midgets to improve their 3rd RB, interst in Derrick Anderson, and potential 3-4th WR trades to be considered.

Get it while its hot.

I could part with Selvin Young, DeAngelo Williams or Chris Perry for the right price. Check it out and make an offer if interested.

Bill Lundberg
08-28-2008, 11:15 AM
I think Doreseybowe may be dead. Does anyone know if he frequents any other boards?

Iowanian
08-28-2008, 04:43 PM
If he doesn't show up....he was a Noob on this board. Give his team to someone else.

Do we submit our contracts just as an email to you? Listed here?

Do you want it to look like
1. Harvey Williams 2yrs
2. Dave Krieg 3yrs

with a total of 40yrs of contracts -3 ps players?

Bill Lundberg
08-28-2008, 05:09 PM
If he doesn't show up....he was a Noob on this board. Give his team to someone else.

How much time does everyone think we should give him before we turn his team over to another owner? He has a pretty good team.

Do we submit our contracts just as an email to you? Listed here?

Do you want it to look like
1. Harvey Williams 2yrs
2. Dave Krieg 3yrs

with a total of 40yrs of contracts -3 ps players?

Yes, that's exactly how I want it to look. Go ahead and post it in this thread.

Iowanian
08-28-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm making some moves, when I'm done I'll get on it.

Bill Lundberg
08-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Dorseybowe has all but disappeared. I've PM'd, emailed, and posted here that we need to hear from him.

I'm going to give him until Midnight Monday to show us a sign of life or let us know he's going to be active. If I haven't heard from him by that time, I have a replacement lined up and ready.

IF ANYONE OBJECTS TO THIS PLEASE POST HERE AND OFFER AN ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION.

Iowanian
08-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Roster: Savage Midgets. Contracts and PS will be posted here.

QB:
D Garrard 2yr
J Kitna 2yr
J Russell 3yr
C Brennan PS

RB:
C Portis 3yr
M. Jones-Drew 3yr
D McCallister PS
L Betts 1yr
D Rhodes 1yr
D Ward 1yr
J Charles PS

WR:
P Burress 3 yr
H Ward 3yr
R Williams 3yr
J Hardy 3yr
J Porter 1yr
S McDonald 1yr
L Sweed 2yr

TE:
H Miller 2yr
Mercedes Lewis 1yr

D
Bears 2yr
Panthers 1yr

K
N Rackers 1yr

4yrs contract available for future move.

Bill Lundberg
08-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Roster: Savage Midgets. Contracts and PS will be posted here.

QB:
D Garrard 2yr
J Kitna 2yr
J Russell 3yr
C Brennan PS

RB:
C Portis 3yr
M. Jones-Drew 3yr
D McCallister PS
L Betts 1yr
D Rhodes 1yr
D Ward 1yr
J Charles PS

WR:
P Burress 3 yr
H Ward 3yr
R Williams 3yr
J Hardy 3yr
J Porter 1yr
S McDonald 1yr
L Sweed 2yr

TE:
H Miller 2yr
Mercedes Lewis 1yr

D
Bears 2yr
Panthers 1yr

K
N Rackers 1yr

4yrs contract available for future move.

That's 39 by my count leaving only 1 year of contract available for future move.

Iowanian
08-28-2008, 11:14 PM
I want some room to move.

Please change
Kitna to 1yr
Bears to 1yr
H ward 2yrs....

That gives me 4 available years for future contracts.