PDA

View Full Version : Computers World of Warcraft hates me or....

Son of Logical
07-28-2008, 01:24 PM
or I don't know. Ok, I have been playing this game for about 2 years without a problem. Then after 2.3 patch hit and the game went nuts. I hoped the 2.4 patch would fix it, but no luck. It just started crashing like crazy. It keeps giving me 131 corrupt file errors. I have tried all types of things to fix it, but I just can't seem to figure it out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Things I have tried:
Delete WoW folders all together and re-install.
Checked my RAM to make sure both were working properly.
Check my video card to make sure it wasn't the problem.
Reformated with system recovery. Then reinstalled.
Also, called WoW support and they told me it was a RAM issue, but like I said checked that.

Saulbadguy
07-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Take it as a sign and quit.

Thread hijack, but a few weeks ago a friend of mine says "Hey, I saw you on WoW last night". I am quite flabbergasted, as I haven't signed on in a year. I go home, install all the latest patches, and 2 hours later, I sign on. I've still got all my gold, all my stuff, and the guy even completed some quests for me. I quickly change my password and log off. Kinda odd.

Fruit Ninja
07-28-2008, 02:18 PM
They cracked your password, but its hard for them to change it as they have to know other information about you. I cant even log into my account because i forgot my password and information. LAst time i logged in was Jan of 2006 i believe.

Hydrae
07-28-2008, 02:40 PM
or I don't know. Ok, I have been playing this game for about 2 years without a problem. Then after 2.3 patch hit and the game went nuts. I hoped the 2.4 patch would fix it, but no luck. It just started crashing like crazy. It keeps giving me 131 corrupt file errors. I have tried all types of things to fix it, but I just can't seem to figure it out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Things I have tried:
Delete WoW folders all together and re-install.
Checked my RAM to make sure both were working properly.
Check my video card to make sure it wasn't the problem.
Reformated with system recovery. Then reinstalled.
Also, called WoW support and they told me it was a RAM issue, but like I said checked that.

I have had issues with this as well but it was due to an addon (Questhelper). Once I stopped using it (just disabled before entering the world) the problem cleared.

Silock
07-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Have you tried the WoW tech support forums? That's what they're for.

Redrum_69
07-30-2008, 09:02 AM
DEATH KNIGHT!

Baby Lee
07-30-2008, 09:23 AM
:D
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/vincestar/SouthParkWoWLoser.jpg

Son of Logical
07-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Have you tried the WoW tech support forums? That's what they're for.

I have tried the forums, and they say something is wrong with my computer. Which is not possible seeing that I have tested everything that could be causing my computer to be the issue. The game worked perfect until the 2.3 patch, Blizzard has F'ed up somewhere, I was just curious if some one else has had the same problem, and knew how to fix it.

chasedude
07-30-2008, 11:51 AM

Thread hijack, but a few weeks ago a friend of mine says "Hey, I saw you on WoW last night". I am quite flabbergasted, as I haven't signed on in a year. I go home, install all the latest patches, and 2 hours later, I sign on. I've still got all my gold, all my stuff, and the guy even completed some quests for me. I quickly change my password and log off. Kinda odd.

You have not signed on in a year? Why are you paying the monthly fee then?

Silock
07-30-2008, 12:20 PM

Can I have your stuff?

I just hit 70 on my 3rd character. Working on 4th and 5th now before WotLK.

Silock
07-30-2008, 12:20 PM
I have tried the forums, and they say something is wrong with my computer. Which is not possible seeing that I have tested everything that could be causing my computer to be the issue. The game worked perfect until the 2.3 patch, Blizzard has F'ed up somewhere, I was just curious if some one else has had the same problem, and knew how to fix it.

I would reinstall again, leaving out any addons.

Saulbadguy
07-30-2008, 12:55 PM
You have not signed on in a year? Why are you paying the monthly fee then?

I wasn't. They put a 60 day gamecard on it. I forgot to mention that.

Redrum_69
07-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Can I have your stuff?

I just hit 70 on my 3rd character. Working on 4th and 5th now before WotLK.

Bloodhoof ftw