PDA

View Full Version : Elections Wanting the other side to win?

SBK
07-28-2008, 04:27 PM
I read an interesting quote on a blog today by Peter Schiff. He's the son of some anti-tax nutjob, but he's been dead on about the whole housing bubble mortgage meltdown mess.

Anyway, back to the subject. He said he's kind of wanting Obama to win since the economy is going to be HORRENDOUS that way he can take the blame and get a small government conservative back in the White House in 2012.

Interesting thought, anyone ever hope the other side wins so that they can be the one to get the blame for the coming mess?

Direckshun
07-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Absolutely.

Conservatives who have abhored the absurd spending by the Bush administration with help from his Republican Congress have long since wished that Obama destroys McCain to send a message to the party.

SBK
07-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Absolutely.

Conservatives who have abhored the absurd spending by the Bush administration with help from his Republican Congress have long since wished that Obama destroys McCain to send a message to the party.

I can see the logic behind it, but it still seems a bit silly to me. Must be a "lose the battle but win the war" kind of thing? :doh!:

I wish both guys could lose personally, but I do think that things are going to be very bad for awhile and whoever wins is probably going to end up a historical loser.

Direckshun
07-28-2008, 04:38 PM
I can see the logic behind it, but it still seems a bit silly to me. Must be a "lose the battle but win the war" kind of thing? :doh!:

I wish both guys could lose personally, but I do think that things are going to be very bad for awhile and whoever wins is probably going to end up a historical loser.
It goes both ways.

I know a handful of Hillary supporters who are going to vote for McCain. They believe that shooting down Obama reopens her window for 2012.

Direckshun
07-28-2008, 04:38 PM

I think history will understand, also, that they were following a disasterous President.

SBK
07-28-2008, 04:42 PM
I think history will understand, also, that they were following a disasterous President.

Nobody credits Bush with ending the recession he inherited from Clinton.......

Referring to history understanding (edit)

BucEyedPea
07-28-2008, 05:03 PM
I read an interesting quote on a blog today by Peter Schiff. He's the son of some anti-tax nutjob, but he's been dead on about the whole housing bubble mortgage meltdown mess.

Anyway, back to the subject. He said he's kind of wanting Obama to win since the economy is going to be HORRENDOUS that way he can take the blame and get a small government conservative back in the White House in 2012.

Interesting thought, anyone ever hope the other side wins so that they can be the one to get the blame for the coming mess?

I think he may be FDR II. But I've read that one reason some Rs aren't running for re-election is they don't want to be there when the reckoning comes.

It's really silly to blame the one who inherits a mess, but that's the average mentality I guess. Perfect storm for the second coming of FDR.

BucEyedPea
07-28-2008, 05:04 PM

That's true but he inherited the bust phase of the Fed Reserve created boom...which was resolved with another infusion of money and the housing boom. What goes up must come down.

penchief
07-28-2008, 05:44 PM

That's been there tact before now. Republicans come in and get rich, screw everyone else, and then leave the mess for the other party to clean up. Since the other party cares more about responsible government, they will have to raise taxes, shut down loopholes, start regulating again out of fairness, and start spending on our infrastructure.

And because it will be painful, the right-wing "conservatives" will then be able to say, "see, I told you they would tax and spend." The corporate right's pattern has already become predictable.

patteeu
07-28-2008, 05:52 PM
I thought for sure that this thread was about the fringe left's Iraq position.

Nightwish
07-28-2008, 05:57 PM

That's because he inherited only a slight recession from Clinton, but his own policies and the war he led us into turned that recession into a plummet.

StcChief
07-28-2008, 06:18 PM
no this the R vs. D blame game that occurs every election cycle.

SBK
07-28-2008, 06:22 PM
That's because he inherited only a slight recession from Clinton, but his own policies and the war he led us into turned that recession into a plummet.

No. He didn't allow a natural recession to happen, propped it back up and now it's come back worse. Again, they're working to prop it back up and should they succeed it will come back worse. Hence the problem for the next President.

SBK
07-28-2008, 06:22 PM

LMAO

SBK
07-28-2008, 06:23 PM
That's true but he inherited the bust phase of the Fed Reserve created boom...which was resolved with another infusion of money and the housing boom. What goes up must come down.

Dot com boom, bust, real estate boom, bust, gold/oil boom.......which one earns the next bust?

SBK
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Oh, and Penchief is still the man! LMAO

BucEyedPea
07-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Dot com boom, bust, real estate boom, bust, gold/oil boom.......which one earns the next bust?

They all earn the previous presidents bust.

***SPRAYER
07-28-2008, 07:11 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jyDOAmJYFFA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jyDOAmJYFFA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Baby Lee
07-28-2008, 07:43 PM
That's been there tact before now. Republicans come in and get rich, screw everyone else, and then leave the mess for the other party to clean up. Since the other party cares more about responsible government, they will have to raise taxes, shut down loopholes, start regulating again out of fairness, and start spending on our infrastructure.

And because it will be painful, the right-wing "conservatives" will then be able to say, "see, I told you they would tax and spend." The corporate right's pattern has already become predictable.

If there's a reason I would welcome an Obama presidency, it's to see what the likes of penchief bitches about when nothing actually changes but the faces.

Or, Lord oh Lord I pray, their lot actually stops bitching for a second or two.

***SPRAYER
07-28-2008, 07:56 PM
If there's a reason I would welcome an Obama presidency, it's to see what the likes of penchief bitches about when nothing actually changes but the faces.

If B.O. wins, they will spend the next 4 years blaming Bush for all of B.O.'s Inefficiency, incompetance, and folly.

Put that in the bank, brother. ;)

StcChief
07-28-2008, 09:52 PM

yeah.... I wanna see Bark print money like Jimmie, and have the rest of the world tell him what to do.... it will be awesome.

Taco John
07-28-2008, 11:20 PM

He did what now? Come again?

SBK
07-29-2008, 04:44 AM
He did what now? Come again?

There's my point.