PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Subwoofers and TVs

Jewish Rabbi
07-28-2008, 05:07 PM
One of my buddies swears that putting large speakers/subwoofers will mess up LCD and Plasma tvs, however, I thought it was just the old CRT tvs that are effected by that. Anyone have an answer?

QuikSsurfer
07-28-2008, 05:11 PM
One of my buddies swears that putting large speakers/subwoofers will mess up LCD and Plasma tvs, however, I thought it was just the old CRT tvs that are effected by that. Anyone have an answer?

Your buddy is not telling you the truth.

Jewish Rabbi
07-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Your buddy is not telling you the truth.That's what I thought...Thanks for your help, I'm moving into a fairly small apartment, that will help with my speaker placement.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Your buddy is a moron.

If you had a tube TV, the magnet from the sub could affect the picture, creating a gauss-like effect (big purple blotch, screen distortion).

Plasma and LCD TVs don't have a CRT, thus, no problems. Same reason why you can wave a magnet around an LCD monitor and get nothing but it effs up an old CRT.

Jewish Rabbi
07-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Your buddy is a moron.

If you had a tube TV, the magnet from the sub could affect the picture, creating a gauss-like effect (big purple blotch, screen distortion).

Plasma and LCD TVs don't have a CRT, thus, no problems. Same reason why you can wave a magnet around an LCD monitor and get nothing but it effs up an old CRT.

Yeah that's what I thought but I didn't want to take the chance and throw away a thousand dollar tv.

aturnis
07-28-2008, 06:16 PM
I dunno, my niece put a refrigerator magnet on my sisters new laptops lcd screen and messed it up.

RustShack
07-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Does weed smoke haze the screen?

Jewish Rabbi
07-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Does weed smoke haze the screen?

Anyone have an answer for this? Because one of my friends is pretty addicted.