PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos camp

ClevelandBronco
07-29-2008, 12:28 AM
I went out to Dove Valley to watch the Broncos today.

For what it's worth, the defense looked a lot better than the offense.

Selvin Young (RB) showed up late. Marshall made the only amazing catch I saw (not that it's going to matter a hell of a lot when he's facing a four or eight game suspension).

Cutler looked awful for the most part. It looked like he decided where he was going to throw well before he was able to determine whether his receiver was going to be able to get anywhere near that spot. I understand the idea of timing a pass, but he let a few go that he never should have thrown.

Champ Bailey looked good, of course, and he got his INT. Foxworth got one as well.

Either the run game sucks at this point or the run defense is respectable. My guess is that the run game sucks.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2008, 12:34 AM
We are all going to be the suck in the division except for the Chargers. They are the only team going to the playoffs out of this division.

ClevelandBronco
07-29-2008, 12:35 AM
We are all going to be the suck in the division except for the Chargers. They are the only team going to the playoffs out of this division.

I agree.

FAX
07-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Great news, Mr. ClevelandBronco. Thanks for the update.

FAX

SNR
07-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Stop sucking! That #1 draft pick is ours! You hear? Back off!

ClevelandBronco
07-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Great news, Mr. ClevelandBronco. Thanks for the update.

FAX

Great news only for the rest of the AFC West, Mr. FAX.

ClevelandBronco
07-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Stop sucking! That #1 draft pick is ours! You hear? Back off!

I'd like to think that the Broncos won't challenge the Chiefs for that prize, SNR.

SNR
07-29-2008, 12:43 AM
I'd like to think that the Broncos won't challenge the Chiefs for that prize, SNR.I don't know about that. You DID sign Samie Parker :D

ClevelandBronco
07-29-2008, 12:47 AM
I don't know about that. You DID sign Samie Parker :D

Yeah.

With the way things are going here we might just welcome Eddie back.

Guru
07-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Hell, that might be the key to getting rid of Carl. What would he do having to set the market with the number 1 pick. Would he wait for the team at 2 to set the market first?

I think his eyes would glaze over.

ClevelandBronco
07-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Carl is working his way backwards to the #1 pick.

Unfortunately, you guys have to suffer through it until he reaches his goal.

FAX
07-29-2008, 01:02 AM

You know, in all the excitement surrounding the near-mythical ascent of Cutler The Fantastical, I'd forgotten that. How is he doing, Mr. ClevelandBronco? Did he see any action while you were in attendance?

FAX

BigRock
07-29-2008, 01:42 AM
I heard Jarvis Moss is really tearing it up.

KcMizzou
07-29-2008, 01:43 AM
You know, in all the excitement surrounding the near-mythical ascent of Cutler The Fantastical, I'd forgotten that. How is he doing, Mr. ClevelandBronco? Did he see any action while you were in attendance?

FAXI'm pretty sure he's perfected his 2nd and 8 dance by now...

Guru
07-29-2008, 02:08 AM
I'm pretty sure he's perfected his 2nd and 8 dance by now...

He'll keep the crowd wowed ONCE per game as well with some fantastic catch followed by 3 inept drops.:D

Pablo
07-29-2008, 02:10 AM
Hrrmm...running game issues, eh?

I suppose they don't break out the Crisco for training camp, wouldn't want to be short-handed later in the season...

JuicesFlowing
07-29-2008, 02:15 AM

I cannot wait to watch Sammie celebrate his first down catch as if he just won the SB. Good times ...

chiefs1111
07-29-2008, 02:28 AM
I cannot wait to watch Sammie celebrate his first down catch as if he just won the SB. Good times ...

Yeah i am really going to miss that.........

POND_OF_RED
07-29-2008, 03:59 AM
I bet the drug dealers in Dove Valley love this time of year.

SBK
07-29-2008, 04:28 AM
Your running game sucked because your coach doesn't want your o-line diving at your d-lines knees. Once they can do that you'll be fine.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Running game will be fine, O-line is getting set during camp. Denver won't be as bad as some think and others hope.

CupidStunt
07-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Running game will be fine, O-line is getting set during camp. Denver won't be as bad as some think and others hope.

Is it really a good thing to squeeze out eight wins?

blueballs
07-29-2008, 09:32 AM
They signed boss bailey
he was all the draft rage around here at one time

SBK
07-29-2008, 09:43 AM
They signed boss bailey
he was all the draft rage around here at one time

Print em.

bdeg
07-29-2008, 10:03 AM
How's Clady looked?

StcChief
07-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Is it really a good thing to squeeze out eight wins? to draft 14-19 overall... been there done that.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Is it really a good thing to squeeze out eight wins?

You may be comfortable rooting for losses, I am not. I look at this season as a playoff-bound season.

DaKCMan AP
07-29-2008, 10:53 AM
You may be comfortable rooting for losses, I am not. I look at this season as a playoff-bound season.

ROFL

:homer:

Rain Man
07-29-2008, 10:55 AM

They couldn't possibly be as bad as I hope.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 10:56 AM
They couldn't possibly be as bad as I hope.

:) but of course not.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 10:57 AM
ROFL

:homer:

The playoffs may seem like some high-in-the-sky unattainable goal to you.
To me they are expected. There is nothing homerish about that, especially given the weakness of the West.

StcChief
07-29-2008, 10:58 AM
You may be comfortable rooting for losses, I am not. I look at this season as a playoff-bound season.ROFL

Dude, step away :bong:

DaKCMan AP
07-29-2008, 10:58 AM
The playoffs may seem like some high-in-the-sky unattainable goal to you.
To me they are expected. There is nothing homerish about that, especially given the weakness of the West.

They didn't make the playoffs last year. They've lost more than they've gained. Yet the expectations are playoffs or bust? That's homerism.

CupidStunt
07-29-2008, 11:03 AM

LMAO

vailpass
07-29-2008, 11:08 AM
They didn't make the playoffs last year. They've lost more than they've gained. Yet the expectations are playoffs or bust? That's homerism.

Lost more than they've gained?
Care to explain that in actual football terms?

Here is the undeniable difference between Shanny's Broncos and Carl's Chiefs:
It is a surprise if Denver misses the playoffs, it is a surprise if KC makes the playoffs.

blueballs
07-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Parcels will turn the dolphins in to a dynasty

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 11:12 AM

I'm expecting another of those "reload" seasons of mediocrity hovering around .500. With ShannaRat it is all about the system that can reproduce itself year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year.

Man, I'll bet everyone misses Elway.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm expecting another of those "reload" seasons of mediocrity hovering around .500. With ShannaRat it is all about the system that can reproduce itself year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year.

Man, I'll bet everyone misses Elway.

Probably not as bad as KC misses Len Dawson and leather helmets.

StcChief
07-29-2008, 11:13 AM

Man, I'll bet everyone misses Elway.but I thought the trade down to draft Cuntler was the 2nd coming of Elgay?

vailpass
07-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Parcels will turn the dolphins in to a dynasty

That could very well happen if he can stay in the front office and out of his coach's way.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 11:15 AM
but I thought the trade down to draft **ntler was the 2nd coming of Elgay?

Trade down? That would have resulted in Croyle.

blueballs
07-29-2008, 11:15 AM
The media will sour of the taste of the rat's cock
unless he can dole out more than one and done

beach tribe
07-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Trade down? That would have resulted in Croyle.

The Donks are the new Chiefs. The new standard for mediocrity.

beach tribe
07-29-2008, 11:18 AM
The media will sour of the taste of the rat's cock
unless he can dole out more than one and done

He's alreay fired everyone he can use as a scapegoat.

StcChief
07-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Trade down? That would have resulted in Croyle.ok TRADE UP to what (down to a lower number)

SNR
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM

It is a surprise if Denver misses the playoffs, it is a surprise if KC makes the playoffs.Are you going to beat San Diego for the division title? Because that's the only ****ing way you guys make the playoffs this season.

There will be another logjam as usual in the AFC South behind the Colts, with Jacksonville and Tennessee remaining competitive. The AFC North will have Pittsburgh and Cleveland and the East has the Patriots and the Bills.

You've got to beat two of those teams record-wise to make the playoffs. I don't see that happening. You guys were a terrible team last year and it looks like the same shit different day this year as well.

You may as well get used to sitting at home in January with the Chiefs and the Raiders. That's the way it's gonna be.

blueballs
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
DV get the media bj after St Louis

vailpass
07-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Are you going to beat San Diego for the division title? Because that's the only ****ing way you guys make the playoffs this season.

There will be another logjam as usual in the AFC South behind the Colts, with Jacksonville and Tennessee remaining competitive. The AFC North will have Pittsburgh and Cleveland and the East has the Patriots and the Bills.

You've got to beat two of those teams record-wise to make the playoffs. I don't see that happening. You guys were a terrible team last year and it looks like the same shit different day this year as well.

You may as well get used to sitting at home in January with the Chiefs and the Raiders. That's the way it's gonna be.

It is absolutely possible for Denver to beat SD for the West this year.
I feel for anyone who has to lose all hope before the season is even started.

I wouldn't knock the Faiders too hard if I were you, they have potential to get back to the competitive level before KC does. Both KC and Oakland have a huge question at QB, we'll see how both play out.

CupidStunt
07-29-2008, 11:29 AM
ROFL

I don't think this Donk homer has seen the defense they're putting out in Denver these days.

Niko Koutaf**kingwhatever?! LMAO LMAO LMAO

SNR
07-29-2008, 11:34 AM

I wouldn't knock the Faiders too hard if I were you, they have potential to get back to the competitive level before KC does. Both KC and Oakland have a huge question at QB, we'll see how both play out.Bullshit. At their WORST San Diego has a defense and they can run the ball well. Denver doesn't have that first thing and it appears they can't even do that second thing very well anymore.

And you're right about the Raiders. In fact, I'd give them a better chance to make the playoffs than you guys. They have a better defense, and they had success in the running game last year. They'll continue that. As long as Jafatcus doesn't screw up TOO much, they could win 7, 8, or even 9 games, I think. Which is more than you guys will.

FAX
I remember the days when Mr. vailpass was a real fan.

FAX

DaKCMan AP

It is a surprise if Denver misses the playoffs, it is a surprise if KC makes the playoffs.

So I guess you'll be "surprised" for the 3rd year in a row.

Although he didn't play much last season, Javon Walker is better than any WR you'll replace him with. Combine that with Marshall's off the field issues and the addition of Samie Parker = net downgrade.

Again, with the injury, legal and off-field issues notwithstanding, losing Travis Henry who accounted for a good chunk of last season's run game despite missing 4 games, only starting 7 and limited availability in others = net downgrade.

Losing Jason Elam = downgrade.

Losing Tom Nalen and replacing him with Casey Wiegmann and losing Matt Lepsis and replacing him with a rookie (Clady) = downgrades.

On top of all that John Lynch is another year older and it looks like Paymah will have some legal issues to deal with.

beach tribe
07-29-2008, 11:37 AM

I wouldn't knock the Faiders too hard if I were you, they have potential to get back to the competitive level before KC does. Both KC and Oakland have a huge question at QB, we'll see how both play out.

BWAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!

At least our apathy toward our win total will save us from the disappointment you're about to experience.

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Probably not as bad as KC misses Len Dawson and leather helmets.

No, KC decided to rebuild a champion not just reload mediocrity. It will be fun watching the NFL's youngest team develop.

I liked the leather helmets comment. :D

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 11:40 AM
but I thought the trade down to draft **ntler was the 2nd coming of Elgay?

So was the last guy and so will the next guy.

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 11:41 AM
The Donks are the new Chiefs. The new standard for mediocrity.

Except they are only 10 years into the 40 year plan.

CupidStunt
07-29-2008, 11:42 AM
1. SD 12-4
2. OAK 9-7
3. DEN 8-8
4. KC 5-11

Another shitty prospect to continue Denver's shitty drafting, and another shitty year with no legit. prospects in 2009. That team is a trainwreck.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 11:46 AM

Although he didn't play much last season, Javon Walker is better than any WR you'll replace him with. Combine that with Marshall's off the field issues and the addition of Samie Parker = net downgrade.

Walker better than Marshall? Your ignorance is already showing. Samie Parker is a 5th option that may never see the field.

Again, with the injury, legal and off-field issues notwithstanding, losing Travis Henry who accounted for a good chunk of last season's run game despite missing 4 games, only starting 7 and limited availability in others = net downgrade.

Travis Henry lost his job to Selvin Young last year. He would have been the 3rd option this year. Again, you are wrong.

Elam was the man. His leg is weaker now, he can't kick off anymore so Denver had to carry 2 kickers. Prater looks to be doing well in camp, we'll see.

Losing Tom Nalen and replacing him with Casey Wiegmann and losing Matt Lepsis and replacing him with a rookie (Clady) = downgrades.

Replacing Nails with Weekman? LMAO Again dude, you don't have any idea of that which you speak. Denver hasn't lost Nalen, he is in camp and 100% healthy. At best Wiegmann is a plug-in to give a starter a breather.

On top of all that John Lynch is another year older and it looks like Paymah will have some legal issues to deal with.

Hamzah Abdullah is starting ato one S who will play all downs. Lynch is going to platoon with Marlon McRee at the other. Even if Paymah had any issues which will affect his field time (he doesn't) the impact would be very minimal.

Bill Parcells
07-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Hey, how's D-Rob been doing?

vailpass
07-29-2008, 11:47 AM
No, KC decided to rebuild a champion not just reload mediocrity. It will be fun watching the NFL's youngest team develop.

I liked the leather helmets comment. :D

Hey Carl, someone still buys the 5 year plan. :D

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 11:48 AM

Hope for the remarkable is what year in and year out mediocrity will give you. Every Chief fan can understand the delusion.

I see fewer question marks in Faid land then I do in Denver and KC.

ohiobronco2
07-29-2008, 11:50 AM

For the most part these are all accurate comments. I don't think we make the playoffs this year. San Diego will be the lone representative from the AFC West. I will say that losing Henry and Walker may be addition by subtraction. Darrell Jackson will have a fine season as a number 2 WR, but he doesn't put the fear into opposing defenses like Javon did. Young will be fine filling in for Henry, as we all know, Denver has some success with just about anybody back there. Concerning Javon and Henry, both seemed to have been major distractions and Mike never should have brought them in to begin with. This is why I'm so critical of him as a GM. Losing Jason is also large, how many games did we win by a last second field goal? I doubt the new kicker will be nearly as clutch. Nalen is back, don't know how the injury will affect him. Finally, I actually think Clady will be an upgrade over Lepsis. Lepsis was god awful last year and although it is really too early to tell, Clady has played very well in camp. He has completely neutralized Elvis, who had 12 sacks last season. Not too shabby.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Hope for the remarkable is what year in and year out mediocrity will give you. Every Chief fan can understand the delusion.

I see fewer question marks in Faid land then I do in Denver and KC.

You may be right, only the season will tell. It's nice to have at least a couple of you old school Planeteers to run a little meaningless preseason game with. Most of these newbs just aren't in the same league.

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Hey Carl, someone still buys the 5 year plan. :D

Hey, the first 5 years were good, it was the mediocrity that followed that sucked. Nice to see them stop this reloading with wornout veterans nonsense and finally rebuild.

Maybe when we are done with Edwards you can have him.

Rausch
07-29-2008, 11:52 AM
You may be right, only the season will tell. It's nice to have at least a couple of you old school Planeteers to run a little meaningless preseason game with. Most of these newbs just aren't in the same league.

We feel ya'.

Hopefully both KC and Denber don't fall face first into the suck so early our games become irrelevant...

ohiobronco2
07-29-2008, 11:53 AM
1. SD 12-4
2. OAK 9-7
3. DEN 8-8
4. KC 5-11

Another shitty prospect to continue Denver's shitty drafting, and another shitty year with no legit. prospects in 2009. That team is a trainwreck.

I think you are giving the Raiders way too much credit. You think they'll have that dramatic of a turn around in one offseason. You can't just overpay for any free agent on the market and expect them to be a team overnight, see Denver and Washington.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 11:54 AM
For the most part these are all accurate comments. I don't think we make the playoffs this year. San Diego will be the lone representative from the AFC West. I will say that losing Henry and Walker may be addition by subtraction. Darrell Jackson will have a fine season as a number 2 WR, but he doesn't put the fear into opposing defenses like Javon did. Young will be fine filling in for Henry, as we all know, Denver has some success with just about anybody back there. Concerning Javon and Henry, both seemed to have been major distractions and Mike never should have brought them in to begin with. This is why I'm so critical of him as a GM. Losing Jason is also large, how many games did we win by a last second field goal? I doubt the new kicker will be nearly as clutch. Nalen is back, don't know how the injury will affect him. Finally, I actually think Clady will be an upgrade over Lepsis. Lepsis was god awful last year and although it is really too early to tell, Clady has played very well in camp. He has completely neutralized Elvis, who had 12 sacks last season. Not too shabby.

Abandoning the playoff ship in preseason? How long have you been a Bronco?

Young isn't filling in for Henry. Torrain and Young will platoon unless Shanny come up with plan C. Which he very well may.
The Denver run game isn't decided by the RB but by the OL.

Don't let these perennial losers erode your faith, the playoffs are always in reach unless we are mathematically eliminated.

ohiobronco2
07-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Hey, the first 5 years were good, it was the mediocrity that followed that sucked. Nice to see them stop this reloading with wornout veterans nonsense and finally rebuild.

You shouldn't even wish that on your worst enemy. :D

vailpass
07-29-2008, 11:55 AM

I like the direction KC is headed. I'd be encouraged if I were you. I'd be even more encouraged if Herm Dungy got hit by a bus next year.

DaKCMan AP
07-29-2008, 11:56 AM

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I did not say Walker is better than Marshall. I said Walker is better than anyone you'll replace him with. Unless Marshall is replacing Walker (which he isn't since they were both starters) then my point stands.

As far as Young/Henry. I had both on my fantasy team last year so I watched closely. They pretty much split time when they were healthy and when Henry was out Selvin got more of the load. But then Selvin got injured as well and no one on the team has proven they can carry the load, especially over the length of a season.

Nalen/Wiegmann.. I'm just going by the donks nfl.com depth chart. I like how you completely ignored the Lepsis/Clady exchange.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 11:57 AM
We feel ya'.

Hopefully both KC and Denber don't fall face first into the suck so early our games become irrelevant...

Oh man don't say that. That would make the Sunday Ticket fees even more outrageous.

CupidStunt
07-29-2008, 12:00 PM
I think you are giving the Raiders way too much credit. You think they'll have that dramatic of a turn around in one offseason. You can't just overpay for any free agent on the market and expect them to be a team overnight, see Denver and Washington.

Personal opinion - I'm a Russell believer. Although that D-line still needs work.

ROFL

Didn't you learn from your blind hope last offseason? Jump on board -- the realism train is quite pleasant. Being a foolish homer won't help the team win, but it'll certainly be harder to swallow when they continue to disappoint.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 12:00 PM
You need to work on your reading comprehension. I did not say Walker is better than Marshall. I said Walker is better than anyone you'll replace him with. Unless Marshall is replacing Walker (which he isn't since they were both starters) then my point stands.

WRs aren't classified as starters, they are classified by rank. Walker was the 1 WR to start the year, by the end of the year he had been replaced at 1 WR by Marshall.

As far as Young/Henry. I had both on my fantasy team last year so I watched closely. They pretty much split time when they were healthy and when Henry was out Selvin got more of the load. But then Selvin got injured as well and no one on the team has proven they can carry the load, especially over the length of a season.

Agreed. It looks like Torrain and Young will platoon and who knows who else Shanny throws in there. Denver's running game isn't decided by the RB but by the effectiveness of the OL.

Nalen/Wiegmann.. I'm just going by the donks nfl.com depth chart. I like how you completely ignored the Lepsis/Clady exchange.

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore your last point. I'm excited to see what Clady can do. Nobody can say if he will sink or swim until the real bullets start to fly.

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Walker better than Marshall? Your ignorance is already showing. Samie Parker is a 5th option that may never see the field.

For you sake I hope you're right about Samie. If he becomes the #2 that will suck for you guys. Although, he is a good downfield threat if ShannaRat uses him correctly.

Walker was really good in Denver until his knee went out the second time. After that he was really a non-factor.

If Marshall can improve any from last season that will make him one of the best in the league. I wish he was the Chiefs #2 WR. :D

ohiobronco2

Young isn't filling in for Henry. Torrain and Young will platoon unless Shanny come up with plan C. Which he very well may.
The Denver run game isn't decided by the RB but by the OL.

Don't let these perennial losers erode your faith, the playoffs are always in reach unless we are mathematically eliminated.

LOL. Why do you question that? I've been a bronco fan since 1987. I'm not abandoning the playoff ship per se, I'm being realistic based off of how poorly we played the previous year along with what we've added/lost in the offseason. Plus, some other teams out there are damn solid. If we played in the NFC, we would have a shot. I think we'll have a much improved team in many areas. We will have a healthy and improved O line with the infusion of Clady and Return of Nalen and Hamilton. Young is every bit the back Henry ever was, with less distractions. I really like the kid and wouldn't be surprised if he goes over 1500. The passing game will be solid, we won't miss Walker as much as people think, outside of the 1st couple of weeks, he was pretty worthless. Cutler's improved health will help alone. The big question is on D, can these guys actually stay healthy and get to the opposing QB? I don't know if the can.

vailpass
ROFL

Didn't you learn from your blind hope last offseason? Jump on board -- the realism train is quite pleasant. Being a foolish homer won't help the team win, but it'll certainly be harder to swallow when they continue to disappoint.

Sorry, I haven't been beaten down by nearly as many years of playoff futility as you have.
My hopes aren't blind, I am aware of the talent on Denver vs. the talent in the rest of the AFC West and so realize Denver has a chance.
I've been doing this for 35 years, if I really had no hope for the year I would say so.

DaKCMan AP
07-29-2008, 12:03 PM

Understood about WR#1, WR#1 or flaker/split-end/whatever. My point was that Marshall-Walker is a better combo than Marshall-Jackson/Stokley/Royal/Parker.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Understood about WR#1, WR#1 or flaker/split-end/whatever. My point was that Marshall-Walker is a better combo than Marshall-Jackson/Stokley/Royal/Parker.

We'll see.

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I like the direction KC is headed. I'd be encouraged if I were you. I'd be even more encouraged if Herm Dungy got hit by a bus next year.

ROFL

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 12:08 PM
You shouldn't even wish that on your worst enemy. :D

I'm still sore from how Taco used to tease us about finding Robinson in the Bronco trash dump. Giving them Edwards would start the healing process.

CupidStunt
07-29-2008, 12:09 PM
My hopes aren't blind, I am aware of the talent on Denver vs. the talent in the rest of the AFC West and so realize Denver has a chance.

Sorry dude, you're blind/clueless.

Denver has Cutler (who still has a lot to prove), a system that loses its effectiveness year after year, a talented but complete moron WR, and a CB who continues to get older on a team that does nothing significant.

Absolutely nothing else. Worst front seven in football, awful safeties, horrible WR depth and a bunch of scrubs at RB. And the special teams are garbage.

Harp on about KC all you want (it's amusing that you spend your life here and care that much to post about them so often, too), but Denver is not CLOSE to San Diego. They're four or five GAMES worse, if not more. Sorry. But thank me in January if your eyes are finally starting to open.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm still sore from how Taco used to tease us about finding Robinson in the Bronco trash dump. Giving them Edwards would start the healing process.

:)

vailpass
07-29-2008, 12:14 PM

Denver has Cutler (who still has a lot to prove), a system that loses its effectiveness year after year, a talented but complete moron WR, and a CB who continues to get older on a team that does nothing significant.

Absolutely nothing else. Worst front seven in football, awful safeties, horrible WR depth and a bunch of scrubs at RB. And the special teams are garbage.

Harp on about KC all you want (it's amusing that you spend your life here and care that much to post about them so often, too), but Denver is not CLOSE to San Diego. They're four or five GAMES worse, if not more. Sorry. But thank me in January if your eyes are finally starting to open.

Ouchy, somebody has an awful sore vagina here. Been looking at nude shots of the Chiefs cheerleaders?
I'm not harping on KC, I'm talking about my own team. It's kinda what you do on a football site when TC starts.

I stand by everything I have said, you do too. The only thing that will tell the truth is the season. That is the beauty of it, it will all be decided on the field.

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 12:25 PM

Wow! Not even this Chief fan thinks the Donks are that bad. To me the biggest key is the oline. How fast can Clady develop, can Nalen make it another year because Wiegman is sliding fast, and will the right side be worth spit? If Clady can't hold his own they will need to commit extra blockers to Culters blind side which will really hurt the offense.

FAX
07-29-2008, 12:35 PM
... The only thing that will tell the truth is the season. That is the beauty of it, it will all be decided on the field.

Well said. The biggest problem the goat herd has right now is their commitment to Cutler. Do you really believe he has what it takes, Mr. vailpass?

FAX

blueballs
07-29-2008, 12:39 PM
san diego still has norv

CupidStunt
07-29-2008, 12:56 PM
I stand by everything I have said, you do too. The only thing that will tell the truth is the season. That is the beauty of it, it will all be decided on the field.

Sure thing. I was right last year, and the year before that, too. It wouldn't even matter if the Broncos offense was elite (which it wasn't, and likely won't be), the defense is too awful.

See you in January, homer. We'll keep the coach warm.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Well said. The biggest problem the goat herd has right now is their commitment to Cutler. Do you really believe he has what it takes, Mr. vailpass?

FAX

Arm, smarts, commitment to the film room and offseason, leadership are all there. IMHO:

Year 1 for an NFL QB is learning how to line up under center not guard and to start to realize the speed of the game.
Year 2 is when an NFL QB starts to learn his offense and make his mistakes.
Year 3 is when he should have command of the offense and eliminate many of the year 2 mistakes.

This is year 3. We'll see.
The diabetes thing is a question mark to me.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Sure thing. I was right last year, and the year before that, too. It wouldn't even matter if the Broncos offense was elite (which it wasn't, and likely won't be), the defense is too awful.

See you in January, homer. We'll keep the coach warm.

We'll see.

FAX
07-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Arm, smarts, commitment to the film room and offseason, leadership are all there. IMHO:

Year 1 for an NFL QB is learning how to line up under center not guard and to start to realize the speed of the game.
Year 2 is when an NFL QB starts to learn his offense and make his mistakes.
Year 3 is when he should have command of the offense and eliminate many of the year 2 mistakes.

This is year 3. We'll see.
The diabetes thing is a question mark to me.

I don't disagree with any of this, really. Honestly, I wish that some Chiefs fans would view quarterback development in this way. As for Cutler's health, somewhere down the road, the diabetes is going to be an issue one way or another if the reports I've read regarding the severity of his particular disease are true.

FAX

vailpass
07-29-2008, 02:43 PM
I don't disagree with any of this, really. Honestly, I wish that some Chiefs fans would view quarterback development in this way. As for Cutler's health, somewhere down the road, the diabetes is going to be an issue one way or another if the reports I've read regarding the severity of his particular disease are true.

FAX

Yep, pro athlete or not type 1 diabetes will exact it's price in the end.
When I first heard he had it I was so pissed because I felt it was going to set back the QB picture for my team.
Then I realized that way of thinking would use up my life's allotment of selfish in about 2 days.

As to QB development IMHO you have no idea what you have in a QB until you turn the reigns over to him without anyone standing over his shoulder. I'll watch with interest how Croyle is handled this year.

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 03:11 PM
san diego still has norv

No matter how many times I read that I can't stop smiling. Even on really bad days that thought will bring a little joy to my day. Its like a security blanket. I think I will make it a signature.

the Talking Can
07-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Bronco starter too fat to even practice (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/28/holland-weighs-down-broncos-o-line/)....nice...

There's a lengthy to-do list for Montrae Holland these days.

"Shoot, I'm doing everything," the Broncos guard said Monday. "I'm jogging, treadmill, elliptical, StairMaster, sled, bike . . ."

Noticeably absent from that list is playing football.

Holland spends the half-speed, full-afternoon practices in uniform as a scout-team defensive lineman.

But other than that, there's nothing on the field except off to the side.

The reason: Holland failed to make his reporting weight of 325 pounds when he came to training camp, falling about 10 pounds more than his target.

When the 16-game starter from 2007 began working with strength coach Rich Tuten at chipping away at that total, Holland's total- body cramping was a sign he was dehydrated and his actual weight likely was higher.

So Holland will spend as long as it takes off to the side, trying to get not only to hit his assigned number but do it in a way that won't shock his body and will get him in peak shape so he can handle the rigors of summer practices without endangering himself.

CupidStunt
07-29-2008, 04:50 PM
We'll see.

I'm willing to talk football after a little smack. I'm a big Cutler fan, but as a completely objective football fan I see nothing but trouble for that defense. Now, do you disagree? And if so please enlighten me.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Broncos' young DL breaks out, but it's unreasonable to expectere more than that. DJ Williams was a solid WLB a few years ago, but even if we assume he's a keeper I still have a MAJOR question about the MLB position. Seriously, I am lost for words that the Broncos did nothing more than they did to upgrade this position. One of the reasons for the Broncos getting about 10 wins in the years after Elway was Al Wilson. I want the Chiefs to upgrade the MLB position quite badly because it's so important to have a Wilson-type leader on your defense; I can't imagine what Broncos fans feel. At least the honest ones. And lastly I have major questions about the safety position. As we tell the Raiders, you CAN'T build from the back forwards. I think the Broncos have done a better job than the Raiders by drafting the likes of Moss and Crowder, but they actually need to do something.

Just because I'm a Chiefs fan, and I generally root against the success of the Broncos, I'm not some sort of fool/tool. The Chiefs have no relevance to any post I make about the Broncos. Yes, they suck; and yes, they have no QB (yet). You won't see me try to say otherwise.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Bronco starter too fat to even practice (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/28/holland-weighs-down-broncos-o-line/)....nice...

An overweight lineman? My god what next?

the Talking Can
07-29-2008, 05:09 PM
An overweight lineman? My god what next?

name for me all the returning OL starters in this league that are literally too fat to practice....

vailpass
07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm willing to talk football after a little smack. I'm a big Cutler fan, but as a completely objective football fan I see nothing but trouble for that defense. Now, do you disagree? And if so please enlighten me.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Broncos' young DL breaks out, but it's unreasonable to expectere more than that. DJ Williams was a solid WLB a few years ago, but even if we assume he's a keeper I still have a MAJOR question about the MLB position. Seriously, I am lost for words that the Broncos did nothing more than they did to upgrade this position. One of the reasons for the Broncos getting about 10 wins in the years after Elway was Al Wilson. I want the Chiefs to upgrade the MLB position quite badly because it's so important to have a Wilson-type leader on your defense; I can't imagine what Broncos fans feel. At least the honest ones. And lastly I have major questions about the safety position. As we tell the Raiders, you CAN'T build from the back forwards. I think the Broncos have done a better job than the Raiders by drafting the likes of Moss and Crowder, but they actually need to do something.

Just because I'm a Chiefs fan, and I generally root against the success of the Broncos, I'm not some sort of fool/tool. The Chiefs have no relevance to any post I make about the Broncos. Yes, they suck; and yes, they have no QB (yet). You won't see me try to say otherwise.

IMHO D-line remains the biggest question/unsolved problem for the Broncos. Dumervil continues to impress but seems to lack the size to be more than a situational DE. Shanny has gone from the failed efforts at concentrating on over-the-hill free agents and started to grow his own through the draft.
We have yet to see how that pans out.

IMHO The LB corp is another question mark that could go either way. Williams returns to his natural position where he is a very strong player. It is said the Koutovedes would have been a starter at Mike in Seattle if he hadn't been lined up behind a pro-bowler. Who knows?
Boss Bailey doesn't need to carry the LB corps but he does need to carry his weight. Again, we'll see.

Abdulah is an NFL-caliber Safety. Lynch is old and will platoon this year. Safety is not as critical a part on the Denver D as line/LB/DB, I'm not worried about it.

Again IMHO Special Teams needs to be special this year for Denver to get to the playoffs. ST is where you win/lose 1-2 games/year and that can make all the difference.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
name for me all the returning OL starters in this league that are literally too fat to practice....

Name for me all the OL in the league that showed up overweight and were allowed to practice anyway.
An OL being heavy is not exactly scandalous.

the Talking Can
07-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Name for me all the OL in the league that showed up overweight and were allowed to practice anyway.
An OL being heavy is not exactly scandalous.

who said it was a scandal?

i just pointed the fact that one of your starting OL is too fat to even practice....I forgot to say, "but of course that's good news for Denver..."

i forget which board i'm on sometimes...

vailpass
07-29-2008, 05:22 PM
who said it was a scandal?

i just pointed the fact that one of your starting OL is too fat to even practice....I forgot to say, "but of course that's good news for Denver..."

i forget which board i'm on sometimes...

Okay Can, I hear you. I've known this since camp started. It's just Shanny making an example out of a guy, happens all the time.
If you say it's a big deal okay cool.