PDA

View Full Version : Religion One of the better Political tests I've seen

Taco John
07-29-2008, 12:26 AM
I was impressed with this one... It generalizes, like all of them - but I didn't feel like it had an agenda.

http://goldengiven.net/polimatrix/thetest.php

Taco John
07-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Economic score: +5.55
Social score: -4.35

Your score pegs you as economically capitalist and socially moderately libertarian.

Capitalists generally support an open free market and lower taxes, but also support government restrictions on blatantly abusive industry. Capitalists also often differ from their more extreme peers in that, while they may support significantly lower taxes, they are less apt to support complete elimination of taxation or near-complete elimination of government.

Moderate social libertarians generally favour a hands-off approach to social legislation. They may believe that the government has no right to enforce morals, but may support certain controls on individual rights to avoid crime, drug use, or similar social ills.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Doesn't seem any different than Political Compass to me.

Economic score: -6.45
Social score: -7.48

Your score pegs you as economically leftist and socially far-leftist.

Economic leftists mostly support strict economic controls and programs to assure that the poor are elevated to a higher position in society.

Social far-leftists generally believe that the government has no business enforcing morality on most matters, instead favouring a government that intervenes only when absolutely necessary to avoid direct harm. Many social far-leftists also look negatively on the government's past attitudes toward groups they view as persecuted, although some simply oppose government intervention on utilitarianist grounds.

SNR
07-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Economic score: +2.19
Social score: -5.22

Your score pegs you as economically centre-capitalist and socially libertarian.

Centre-capitalists often support free trade and low taxes, but take pragmatic stances on economic issues, supporting what they see as the best balance between encouraging business and maintaining free trade.

Social libertarians generally believe that the government should not judge morality, and are generally against the illegalization of things that do not directly affect other people in a negative way. Many strong social libertarians may also be social progressives, favouring legislation to correct what they see as socially backwards governmental regulation, although some simply wish for the government to make little judgment on social matters.

patteeu
07-29-2008, 05:54 AM
Economic score: +7.74
Social score: -3.48

Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially moderately libertarian.

Extreme capitalists generally believe that the free market should be unregulated and laissez-faire in nature, with government either only intervening in extreme cases or never intervening at all. They also believe in significant reductions of government services. Many extreme capitalists believe that it is not the government's responsibility to assure welfare for the poor, but rather that the poor should fend for themselves or receive welfare through some form of private charity.

Moderate social libertarians generally favour a hands-off approach to social legislation. They may believe that the government has no right to enforce morals, but may support certain controls on individual rights to avoid crime, drug use, or similar social ills.

mlyonsd
07-29-2008, 06:25 AM
Economic score: +1.29
Social score: +2.09
Your score pegs you as economically centre-capitalist and socially centre-authoritarian.
Centre-capitalists often support free trade and low taxes, but take pragmatic stances on economic issues, supporting what they see as the best balance between encouraging business and maintaining free trade.
Social centre-authoritarians generally have moderate social views, with a slight lean toward government intervention. They may have moderate cultural and religious views, but on the whole believe that the government should assure that society should stay moral.

DaKCMan AP
07-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Economic score: -0.52
Social score: -4.52
Your score pegs you as economically centrist and socially moderately libertarian.
Economic centrists generally support economic policy that they see as fit for specific situations, although they may have different views relating to taxes and regulation.

BucEyedPea
07-29-2008, 07:16 AM
Economic score: +5.74
Social score: -0.43

Your score pegs you as economically capitalist and socially centrist.

Capitalists generally support an open free market and lower taxes, but also support government restrictions on blatantly abusive industry. Capitalists also often differ from their more extreme peers in that, while they may support significantly lower taxes, they are less apt to support complete elimination of taxation or near-complete elimination of government.

Social centrists generally believe in a mix of individual liberties and controls, corresponding to what they see as moral or best for society.

VAChief
07-29-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm not sure how you score this one, but it is short and to the point:

Tell us about your political philosophy. There are different groups of conservatives, by way of example: Social Conservative, Fiscal Conservative, Law & Order Republican.

[W]hat is it about George W. Bush that makes you want to serve him?

Aside from the President, give us an example of someone currently or recently in public service who you admire.

Why are you a Republican?

StcChief
07-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Economic score: +1.68
Social score: +4.52
Your score pegs you as economically centre-capitalist and socially moderately authoritarian.
Moderate social authoritarians typically support social controls meant to encourage moral behaviour and an organised society, although they may have some moderate or libertarian positions.

patteeu
07-29-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm somewhat surprised that my economic score came out to the right of the three Ron Paul supporters who've sounded off so far.

BucEyedPea
07-29-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm somewhat surprised that my economic score came out to the right of the three Ron Paul supporters who've sounded off so far.

Me too, you flamin' radical extremist!

It was too general to really say where I stood...so I did pick neutral on some things. Like SS. I'd vote to abolish. You probably voted to partially privatize. So I'm not so sure it measures things accurately. Multiple choice is a drag.

I'd have to say I had mylon pegged about right just from seeing his posts.

Woodrow Call
07-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Economic score: -2.06
Social score: -2.09

Your score pegs you as economically centre-leftist and socially centre-libertarian.

Economic centre-leftists typically support above average controls on free trade, raising or maintaining the current tax levels, but still support free trade.

Social centre-libertarians generally have moderate social views, with a slight lean toward avoiding government intervention. However, they support government intervention in matters that they see as threats to society

banyon
07-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Economic score: -4.13
Social score: -2.26

Your score pegs you as economically moderately leftist and socially centre-libertarian.

Moderate economic leftists generally support regulation of free trade and business to assure that workers are fairly treated and prices remain stable.

Social centre-libertarians generally have moderate social views, with a slight lean toward avoiding government intervention. However, they support government intervention in matters that they see as threats to society.

Taco John
07-29-2008, 09:50 AM

My score came out on the spot where they placed Ron Paul's image. I caught his left ear.

patteeu
07-29-2008, 09:55 AM
My score came out on the spot where they placed Ron Paul's image. I caught his left ear.

Who are the other three guys in his quadrant? I assume one of them is Murray Rothbard (lower right?).

SNR
07-29-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm somewhat surprised that my economic score came out to the right of the three Ron Paul supporters who've sounded off so far.I'm usually no good at these kinds of tests because I almost never check "I feel strongly about this position". That, and I hit neutral a lot on stuff I just don't really care about. Example: social security. I'm 27 years old for crying out loud. I support privatizing it, but any other kind of legislation or issue with it I don't care about because it has no affect on me. The government will STILL tax me to pay for today's elderly and I'm STILL not going to see one cent of it come back to me when I'm that age. I've accepted that as fact and don't care.

HC_Chief
07-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Social score: -1.04

Your score pegs you as economically centre-capitalist and socially centre-libertarian.

Social centre-libertarians generally have moderate social views, with a slight lean toward avoiding government intervention. However, they support government intervention in matters that they see as threats to society.

penchief
07-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Your score pegs you as economically centre-leftist and socially centre-libertarian.

Economic centre-leftists typically support above average controls on free trade, raising or maintaining the current tax levels, but still support free trade.

There are a lot of loaded questions that I thought exhibited a bias in the way they were worded. Some of those questions I answered as neutral in an attempt to limit the constructor's bias.

That said, I can't complain too much about the way it described me. I do agree with social centre-libertarian description.

RaiderH8r
07-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Economic score: +7.74

Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially moderately libertarian.

Extreme capitalists generally believe that the free market should be unregulated and laissez-faire in nature, with government either only intervening in extreme cases or never intervening at all. They also believe in significant reductions of government services. Many extreme capitalists believe that it is not the government's responsibility to assure welfare for the poor, but rather that the poor should fend for themselves or receive welfare through some form of private charity.

Fear not dude, you're not alone out there on the capitalist fringe...

Economic score: +7.87
Social score: -1.57

Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially centre-libertarian.

Whoarethechefs
07-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Economic score: -2.58
Social score: -6.09

Your score pegs you as economically centre-leftist and socially libertarian.

Social libertarians generally believe that the government should not judge morality, and are generally against the illegalization of things that do not directly affect other people in a negative way. Many strong social libertarians may also be social progressives, favouring legislation to correct what they see as socially backwards governmental regulation, although some simply wish for the government to make little judgment on social matters.

Apparently I'm a communist who yearns for freedom =)

patteeu
07-29-2008, 02:46 PM

There are a lot of loaded questions that I thought exhibited a bias in the way they were worded. Some of those questions I answered as neutral in an attempt to limit the constructor's bias.

That said, I can't complain too much about the way it described me. I do agree with social centre-libertarian description.

Instead of giving the best answers you tried to game the system? What's with the lack of numbers? I declare this result tainted and request that you retake the exam with full honesty and post the numerical result, comrade penchief. I predict -6.5, -0.1 :p

Fish
07-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Economic score: -0.26
Social score: -1.39
Your score pegs you as economically centrist and socially centre-libertarian.
Economic centrists generally support economic policy that they see as fit for specific situations, although they may have different views relating to taxes and regulation.

Taco John
07-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Who are the other three guys in his quadrant? I assume one of them is Murray Rothbard (lower right?).

I believe that's Milton Friedman in the top right of the libertarian quadrant. Indeed, that is the irrepressable Murray Rothbard in the bottom right (I like the guy a great deal, and have read a few of his books. But there's no doubt that he is out there a little). I'm not positive about the person in the lower left. I believe that it's either Lord Acton or Albert Jay Nock.

penchief
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Instead of giving the best answers you tried to game the system? What's with the lack of numbers? I declare this result tainted and request that you retake the exam with full honesty and post the numerical result, comrade penchief. I predict -6.5, -0.1 :p

No, I wasn't gaming the system. I could see that the system was gaming me. I answered four or five questions neutral because I couldn't agree or disagree because of the way they were worded. I could tell what they were looking for but I didn't agree with the premise of the question.

Therefore, I answered all the questions that I thought would accurately reflect my positions. I guess they shouldn't have given the neutral option if they didn't want it used.

Taco John
07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
No, I wasn't gaming the system. I could see that the system was gaming me. I answered four or five questions neutral because I couldn't agree or disagree because of the way they were worded. I could tell what they were looking for but I didn't agree with the premise of the question.

Therefore, I answered all the questions that I thought would accurately reflect my positions. I guess they shouldn't have given the neutral option if they didn't want it used.

Your numbers comrade. What were your numbers?

penchief
07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Your numbers comrade. What were your numbers?

I think it was like -1.6 and -1.3 or something like that. I'd have to take it again to be sure. When I copied and pasted it I didn't realize that I didn't get the numbers. Only after I saw everybody else's post did I realize I missed the boat.

Taco John
07-29-2008, 04:17 PM
I think it was like -1.6 and -1.3 or something like that. I'd have to take it again to be sure. When I copied and pasted it I didn't realize that I didn't get the numbers. Only after I saw everybody else's post did I realize I missed the boat.

For the record, I answered neutrally on one or two for similar reasons. I didn't either agree or disagree with the statement.

Sully
07-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Economic score: -3.61
Social score: -5.22

Your score pegs you as economically moderately leftist and socially libertarian.

Moderate economic leftists generally support regulation of free trade and business to assure that workers are fairly treated and prices remain stable.

Hydrae
07-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Economic score: +3.1
Social score: -5.91

Your score pegs you as economically moderately capitalist and socially libertarian.

Moderate capitalists usually support free trade and low taxes, but take pragmatic stances according to what they believe will be best for business and workers.

Ari Chi3fs
07-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Economic score: +0.13
Social score: -1.74

Ari Chi3fs
07-29-2008, 08:05 PM
as evidenced by the major differences from people in this thread... it seems to me that having only 2 political parties is DEFINITELY the way to go!!!

America! **** yeah!

There should be like 5 parties... not this 2 crap.

Ari Chi3fs
07-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Yes on legal marijuana!!! I mean...

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Economic score: +0.26
Social score: -4.00

Your score pegs you as economically centrist and socially moderately libertarian.

Friendo
07-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Economic score: -1.29
Social score: -1.39

Nightwish
07-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Economic score: +1.16

Your score pegs you as economically centre-capitalist and socially moderately libertarian.

Mr Luzcious
07-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Economic score: +6.06
Social score: -1.57
Your score pegs you as economically capitalist and socially centre-libertarian.

2bikemike
07-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Economic score: +6.19
Social score: -0.52

Social centrists generally believe in a mix of individual liberties and controls, corresponding to what they see as moral or best for society.

mikey23545
07-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Economic score: +2.06
Social score: +0.7

Your score pegs you as economically centre-capitalist and socially centrist.

Taco John
07-30-2008, 01:44 AM
This confirms my long held belief that the Republican party has a lot of people duped. It's no wonder that party seems to be drying up on the vine.

Reaper16
07-30-2008, 01:44 AM
Economic score: -2.45
Your score pegs you as economically centre-leftist and socially moderately libertarian.

Guru
07-30-2008, 02:38 AM
Economic score: +2.97
Social score: +1.91
Your score pegs you as economically centre-capitalist and socially centre-authoritarian.

Just for giggles I tried the other one too.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.41

Saggysack
07-30-2008, 03:51 AM
Economic score: -1.42
Social score: -6.43

Earthling
07-30-2008, 04:47 AM
Economic score: -2.06
Social score: -2.78

alanm
07-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Social score: +0.17

:shrug:

Ultra Peanut
07-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Questions like #2 exemplify why these tests are impossible to answer completely accurately. I'd rather incentivize rather than penalize.

Economic score: -3.61
Social score: -8.35

bkkcoh
07-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Economic score: +5.16
Social score: +2.43

Your score pegs you as economically capitalist and socially centre-authoritarian.

Social centre-authoritarians generally have moderate social views, with a slight lean toward government intervention. They may have moderate cultural and religious views, but on the whole believe that the government should assure that society should stay moral.

RaiderH8r
07-30-2008, 11:36 AM
This confirms my long held belief that the Republican party has a lot of people duped. It's no wonder that party seems to be drying up on the vine.

To be fair, my economic concerns trump my social concerns. Having my F you money provides me considerable latitude to determine my own fate, i.e. whether I stay or go. I'm wary of anybody who wishes to take my funds and therefor limit my ability and freedom to get the f out if I feel it necessary.

Baby Lee
07-30-2008, 11:45 AM

Questions seemed quite loaded and difficult to answer;

Like 'things should be done to shield children from sex and violence in media.' Well sure, something should be done, but nothing that stops anyone who's not a kid from getting their depraved on with wild abandon.

Donger
07-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Economic score: +6.32
Social score: +2.61

Your score pegs you as economically capitalist and socially centre-authoritarian.

oldandslow
07-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Economic score: -7.1

Your score pegs you as economically socialist and socially moderately libertarian.

Hamas and I hang out in the same coffee shops....

eazyb81
07-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Agree with others that many of the questions were almost impossible to answer definitively. Questions like "should the government provide the basic necessities for citizens" were a bit confusing because it depends on how you intepret it.

Economic score: +2.58
Social score: -0.52

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-30-2008, 03:00 PM

Your score pegs you as economically socialist and socially moderately libertarian.

:D

The test I took on politicalcompass a few years ago put me to the left of Ghandi.

BucEyedPea
07-30-2008, 03:05 PM

I thought that test was easy on the other socialists here.
Kudos to you for your honesty.

ClevelandBronco
07-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Economic score: +6.58
Social score: +0.87

banyon
07-30-2008, 06:59 PM
I thought that test was easy on the other socialists here.
Kudos to you for your honesty.

It is a bit different from the scale you prefer:

Pitt Gorilla
07-30-2008, 07:05 PM
With whom do I sit?

Economic score: +2.58
Your score pegs you as economically centre-capitalist and socially moderately libertarian.

irishjayhawk
07-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -7.3

Your score pegs you as economically centrist and socially far-leftist.

Social far-leftists generally believe that the government has no business enforcing morality on most matters, instead favouring a government that intervenes only when absolutely necessary to avoid direct harm. Many social far-leftists also look negatively on the government's past attitudes toward groups they view as persecuted, although some simply oppose government intervention on utilitarianist grounds.

That's as far libertarian as I've had in my political compass trials. I'm usually far more centered on both axis.

Taco John
07-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Economic score: +0.9

Your score pegs you as economically centrist and socially far-leftist.

That's as far libertarian as I've had in my political compass trials. I'm usually far more centered on both axis.

Really? I've never pictured you as a centrist (well, economically centrist, yes). In fact, no one on this chart has suprised me in the least -- well Mikey23456 suprised me. But for the most part, I think this thing has given a pretty fair general representation.

irishjayhawk
07-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Really? I've never pictured you as a centrist (well, economically centrist, yes). In fact, no one on this chart has suprised me in the least -- well Mikey23456 suprised me. But for the most part, I think this thing has given a pretty fair general representation.

I don't know. Every other one has given me an almost perfect centrist rating. If it leans, it leans left, not right. So....

Like the description says, I think my score that put me far from center was the answers to MaryJane being legalized, abortion, and some other morality question. I take the stance that the government shouldn't dictate morality. I guess if that's libertarian, I'll take it. Seems more like the default position to me.

EDIT: But it does blow Kotter's assertion I'm a moonbat to pieces. Shame. I like moons and bats. I'm pretty sure a moonbat is sweet.

EDIT 2: I always thought an anarchist was a liberal point of view. It says anarchist under ultra libertarian and ultra conservative. Maybe that's because the current group of conservatives aren't true conservatives?

siberian khatru
07-30-2008, 09:56 PM

I beat you. :D

Economic score: +8.00 :eek: FTW!

Taco John
07-30-2008, 10:18 PM
EDIT 2: I always thought an anarchist was a liberal point of view. It says anarchist under ultra libertarian and ultra conservative. Maybe that's because the current group of conservatives aren't true conservatives?

No. An anarchist is an extreme libertarian - one who flat doesn't believe in government. Murray Rothbard, who is the father of modern libertarianism, eventually abandoned libertarianism for anarchy. He wrote several books and articles that talk about his rationalization.

Ultra Peanut
07-30-2008, 10:20 PM
An anarchist is... siberian khatru.

(You know you my dawg, dogg)

siberian khatru
07-30-2008, 10:24 PM
An anarchist is... siberian khatru.

(You know you my dawg, dogg)

Woof!

Heh, actually I don't think I'm that extreme. It just came out that way on that test. If you went point by point on about 20-30 econ topics, I'm sure we could round off some sharp edges and pull that score back a bit.

Ultra Peanut
07-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Woof!

Heh, actually I don't think I'm that extreme. It just came out that way on that test. If you went point by point on about 20-30 econ topics, I'm sure we could round off some sharp edges and pull that score back a bit.Yeah. Nuance kind of loses its way when the breadth of the political spectrum is covered in 25 questions.

Like how I "strongly disagree" with we must protect tha chillins from naughty TV, but at the same time I have no problem with reasonable FCC regulations and the MPAA (well, a less dysfunctional MPAA) and ESRB and whatnot.

Basileus777
07-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Economic score: -4.77
Your score pegs you as economically moderately leftist and socially far-leftist.

Nightfyre
07-31-2008, 12:37 AM
I win the libertarian extremist award, evidently.

Economic score: +9.1
Social score: -7.04

Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially far-leftist.

patteeu
07-31-2008, 12:47 AM
I beat you. :D

Economic score: +8.00 :eek: FTW!

:hail:

I feel like a moderate when you're around. :thumb:

BucEyedPea
07-31-2008, 06:59 AM
No. An anarchist is an extreme libertarian - one who flat doesn't believe in government. Murray Rothbard, who is the father of modern libertarianism, eventually abandoned libertarianism for anarchy. He wrote several books and articles that talk about his rationalization.

I think of a them in the way Lew phrases it: mini-anarchist. That to me is a real libertarian though.

BucEyedPea
07-31-2008, 07:00 AM
Economic score: +6.58
Social score: +0.87

So you're like me. Too bad there were no foreign policy questions.:D

Saggysack
08-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Economic score: -1.42
Social score: -6.43

1 mos. later...

Economic score: -2.71
Social score: -6.09

Reaper16
08-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Economic score: -2.45
Your score pegs you as economically centre-leftist and socially moderately libertarian.
I tried to answer again without using "neutral" as much as last time:

Economic score: -4.06
Social score: -5.48
Your score pegs you as economically moderately leftist and socially libertarian.

DanT
08-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Economic score: -4.13

Your score pegs you as economically moderately leftist and socially centre-libertarian.

I took the test twice and ended up with similar scores on both times, though the first set were about a half-point to the left (on both dimensions) than the second. Here's the second set. I matched banyon's "Social score" but my "Economic score" is a fair bit to the right of his, placing me more in the "middle".
=========================================
Economic score: +0.65

=========================================

morphius
08-30-2008, 09:07 PM

Dick Bull
08-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Economic score: -0.77

bango
08-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Economic score: +1.94
Social score: -1.91

Your score pegs you as economically centre-capitalist and socially centre-libertarian.

I thought that I might end up in the Right Wing as most people in the U.S. are considered to be depending on from what viewpoint one uses.

I just thought that I might be more Authoritarian than that. :D