PDA

View Full Version : Misc What will happen if Obama loses?

Redrum_69
07-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Will there be riots?

Anarchy??

Cities on lockdown???

wutamess
07-29-2008, 08:40 AM
What an helluva of hypothetical.

HonestChieffan
07-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Major market recovery overnight and a huge sigh of relief

Sully
07-29-2008, 08:41 AM
I can only speak for me.
I'll be upset, but not crushed. I don't hate MCcain, I just don't agree with many of his ideals. I think, though, he's a decent man. I'll give him the benefit f the doubt on the Bush II stuff (subject to change).

Of course it goes without saying that if my Messiah isn't elected, the world will end.

beer bacon
07-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Trolling will spike drastically.

Redrum_69
07-29-2008, 08:49 AM
What an helluva of hypothetical.

I'd rather have Obama in office, rather than someone who was held hostage who has a grudge still...and an itchy trigger finger to start another WW3

DaKCMan AP
07-29-2008, 08:55 AM
I can only speak for me.
I'll be upset, but not crushed. I don't hate MCcain, I just don't agree with many of his ideals. I think, though, he's a decent man. I'll give him the benefit f the doubt on the Bush II stuff (subject to change).

Sure, if you consider cheating on your wife, leaving her, and post-2000 primary selling of your soul and integrity to the RNC - then yeah, he's a decent man.

DaKCMan AP
07-29-2008, 08:56 AM

ROFL

markk
07-29-2008, 09:02 AM
two brigades of lawyers will parachute into whatever state would change the outcome and they will try to win it through the courts again.

DaKCMan AP
07-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Riots, Chaos, Fires... but only in liberal cities... I'll be smoking a cigar and drinking a beer... saying thank you Jesus.

LMAO you're such a hypocrite.

penchief
07-29-2008, 09:09 AM
More cynicism.

When three-quarters of the country disagrees with the conduct of the party in power and the party in power keeps winning, then something is drastically wrong. I would hope that it would cause a lot of people on both sides of the aisle to think long and hard about how and why that could happened.

The past two elections have shown that the popular will is not being served. I would think that people would start becoming concerned about how our democratic institutions can be restored so that our government more aptly reflects the will of the people.

I'd start by establishing a paper trail for electronic voting and reversing the corporate media's monopoly on information by undoing laws that enable media consolidation.

Programmer
07-29-2008, 09:10 AM
two brigades of lawyers will parachute into whatever state would change the outcome and they will try to win it through the courts again.

That will most likely be what happens after every election from now to the end of the U.S.

Election fraud seems to be big news to some but not to others. I guess it depends which side of the street you stand on.

Watch closely, you will find out that the U.S. is pretty resiliant. We have survived bad presidents before, i.e. Jimmy Carter. Jimmy Carter II will be no different if elected, we will survive and recover.

markk
07-29-2008, 09:10 AM
More cynicism.

When three-quarters of the country disagrees with the conduct of the party in power

Actually, the Democrats are the party in power, the control both houses of Congress. And it's more like 90% disagreeing with them.

Baby Lee
07-29-2008, 09:15 AM
More cynicism.

When three-quarters of the country disagrees with the conduct of the party in power and the party in power keeps winning, then something is drastically wrong. I would hope that it would cause a lot of people on both sides of the aisle to think long and hard about how and why that could happened.

The past two elections have shown that the popular will is not being served. I would think that people would start becoming concerned about how our democratic institutions can be restored so that our government more aptly reflects the will of the people.

I'd start by establishing a paper trail for electronic voting and reversing the corporate media's monopoly on information by undoing laws that enable media consolidation.
I'd think it'd reflect more strongly on the level of distaste the electorate has for the ideology of the alternative.

Programmer
07-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Actually, the Democrats are the party in power, the control both houses of Congress. And it's more like 90% disagreeing with them.

The overall stand is that the democrats, although incontrol of the house and pretty much driving the senate, cannot be held accountable for anything.

markk
07-29-2008, 09:17 AM
The overall stand is that the democrats, although incontrol of the house and pretty much driving the senate, cannot be held accountable for anything.

well they can't be accountable if they do nothing. i think that was the plan to get to 2008

HonestChieffan
First words from the now defunct headquartes for Obama...."Goddamn America"

Simply Red
:spock:

penchief
07-29-2008, 09:31 AM

The democrats may have a majority but they don't have the power. The stick is still being wielded by the executive with the help of stonewalling senate republicans. If democrats had the power we'd be discussing a bill that republicans just defeated that would curb oil market speculators from artificially maipulating the price of oil upward (a real reason that gas prices are high) instead of having oil companies hold a gun to our head in order to extort more off-shore reserves (as well as being a campaign weapon).

It amuses me that you would attribute that 90% number to the democrats. Don't forget that number was historically low for the republican congress, too. So don't pretend that it's just because democrats have taken over. The reason it has decreased even more since they've been in the majority is because people like me are disgusted that they aren't doing more to reverse the Bush policies. Not because everyone disagrees with democrats like you want people to think.

That said, it is true that three-quarters or more of the people in this country disagree with the policies of this president and his party (they are synonomous). And since McCain has articulated nothing more than a continuation of those policies, one would have to examine the disconnect between the will of the people and the outcome of such a hypothetical election. Especially considering McCain's poor performance thus far.

markk
07-29-2008, 09:34 AM
First words from the now defunct headquartes for Obama...."Goddamn America"

ROFL

Joie
07-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Um, we'll all get used to saying "President McCain"?

And if he wins, we all get used to saying "President Obama"....

Life will go on either way.

chiefforlife
07-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Riots, Chaos, Fires... but only in liberal cities... I'll be smoking a cigar and drinking a beer... saying thank you Jesus.

Jesus holds the swing vote?

BigCatDaddy
07-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Germany will be mad.

HonestChieffan
07-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Jesse Jackson will party on

Programmer
07-29-2008, 10:19 AM
The democrats may have a majority but they don't have the power. The stick is still being wielded by the executive with the help of stonewalling senate republicans. If democrats had the power we'd be discussing a bill that republicans just defeated that would curb oil market speculators from artificially maipulating the price of oil upward (a real reason that gas prices are high) instead of having oil companies hold a gun to our head in order to extort more off-shore reserves (as well as being a campaign weapon).

It's amazing that you hear the same argument regardless of who has the majority, it's always someone else's fault. Just amazing. We live in a time of no accountability for your own actions.

HC_Chief
07-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Germany will be mad.

lol, now THAT is funny :D

patteeu
07-29-2008, 10:26 AM
And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose.

penchief
07-29-2008, 10:27 AM
It's amazing that you hear the same argument regardless of who has the majority, it's always someone else's fault. Just amazing. We live in a time of no accountability for your own actions.

Well, how do you propose that democrats get that market manipulation legislation passed? Buy off republicans? Unfortunately, they don't have the money to compete with Wall Street.

Unfortunately, for too long now we've had a republican party that has been in ideological lockstep without any regard for honest evaluation and/or pragmatic solutions. And it has been that rigid lockstep ideology of the right wing and the corporate media's complicity that has led to our current state of affairs, IMO.

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 10:33 AM

It amuses me that you would attribute that 90% number to the democrats. Don't forget that number was historically low for the republican congress, too. So don't pretend that it's just because democrats have taken over. The reason it has decreased even more since they've been in the majority is because people like me are disgusted that they aren't doing more to reverse the Bush policies. Not because everyone disagrees with democrats like you want people to think.

That said, it is true that three-quarters or more of the people in this country disagree with the policies of this president and his party (they are synonomous). And since McCain has articulated nothing more than a continuation of those policies, one would have to examine the disconnect between the will of the people and the outcome of such a hypothetical election. Especially considering McCain's poor performance thus far.

I agree this current Congress is a do nothing group.

SNR
07-29-2008, 10:40 AM
More cynicism.

I'd start by establishing a paper trail for electronic voting and reversing the corporate media's monopoly on information by undoing laws that enable media consolidation.I'd be really curious if you took that political test in the other thread on this forum. You propose lots of liberating ideas, but they're all forces through the government.

It's like someone forcing you to relax. "RELAX DAMNIT! I'VE GOT A GUN!"

I don't mean it as a knock or a jab, mind you, I'm just wondering if that much government intervention for the sake of liberty defines you as a strong social liberal.

Programmer
07-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Well, how do you propose that democrats get that market manipulation legislation passed? Buy off republicans? Unfortunately, they don't have the money to compete with Wall Street.

Unfortunately, for too long now we've had a republican party that has been in ideological lockstep without any regard for honest evaluation and/or pragmatic solutions. And it has been that rigid lockstep ideology of the right wing and the corporate media's complicity that has led to our current state of affairs, IMO.

It will be interesting to see what history says about the current situation and where the blame lies.

I was unaware the all of the democrats were poor folks that don't have any money to invest in the market and such.

In the end we will find out that there are just as many democrats lockstepping, as you put it, to keep their bank roll growing. It's not just republicans that were benefitting from the situation.

Dallas Chief
07-29-2008, 10:43 AM

That is some of the most excellent spin I've ever read on here. Awesome! Mad rep dude!:clap:

penchief
07-29-2008, 10:44 AM
I'd be really curious if you took that political test in the other thread on this forum. You propose lots of liberating ideas, but they're all forces through the government.

It's like someone forcing you to relax. "RELAX DAMNIT! I'VE GOT A GUN!"

I don't mean it as a knock or a jab, mind you, I'm just wondering if that much government intervention for the sake of liberty defines you as a strong social liberal.

I want a representative government of the people, by the people, and for the people. And nothing more.

Donger
07-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Popcorn sales will skyrocket.

SBK
07-29-2008, 10:49 AM
America will be called racist.

And Penchief will no longer be able to post because his head will explode.

Dallas Chief
07-29-2008, 10:49 AM
I want a representative government of the people, by the people, and for the people. And nothing more.

I can't say that I disagree with you on that. The shenanigans in DC need to stop. Terms limits must be imposed- 2 for senators, 4 for Reps. Enough of the same old guard, same old shills, career politicians...:rolleyes:

HC_Chief
07-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Dogs & cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA!!!

penchief
07-29-2008, 10:52 AM

And Penchief will no longer be able to post because his head will explode.

If it hasn't exploded by now it aint going to.

StcChief
07-29-2008, 11:05 AM
More cynicism.

your buying into 3/4 of the country. ROFL

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2008, 11:08 AM

I actually feel it will be the exact opposite.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2008, 11:10 AM

You mean in every major metropolitan area across the U.S., including Kansas City and St. Louis (both counties voted Democratic in 2004)?

Do you even think before you post?

Chief Henry
07-29-2008, 11:12 AM

And Holmes will no longer be able to post because his head will explode.

fyp

vailpass
07-29-2008, 11:17 AM
The new JFK will start chain smoking again and his wife, Blackie-O, will still hate her country.

Calcountry
07-29-2008, 11:18 AM
I can only speak for me.

Of course it goes without saying that if my Messiah isn't elected, the world will end.
It begs the question: Why would the Messiah, NEED to be elected?

Calcountry
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
I'd rather have Obama in office, rather than someone who was held hostage who has a grudge still...and an itchy trigger finger to start another WW3It won't happen. If, and it is a big if, McCain backs into this, it will be for one term only.

He will go out of his way to prove he can be a friend of the Media, and the Democrats.

Calcountry
07-29-2008, 11:22 AM
More cynicism.

The Democrats have been in control of all legislation that is brought forward, INCLUDING, the funding of the troops for 2 years. What have they accomplished to your liking?

It really is shitty that they don't have the nerve to stand up to that Evil Bush.

StcChief
07-29-2008, 11:22 AM
The new JFK will start chain smoking again and his wife, Blackie-O, will still hate her country.

maybe he'll reverse the smoking laws. or just set up a Tent outback like Arnold.

He want have to have a WW3, he'll invite the terrorists over.

penchief
07-29-2008, 11:31 AM
The Democrats have been in control of all legislation that is brought forward, INCLUDING, the funding of the troops for 2 years. What have they accomplished to your liking?

It really is shitty that they don't have the nerve to stand up to that Evil Bush.

I've already said that the reason congress's approval rating has sunk even lower is because those of us who had voted for democrats are disapproving because they aren't doing what they were elected to do (reverse Bush policies).

I agree with you.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-29-2008, 11:33 AM

Can this guy go five posts without saying something overtly racist??

My f*cking god.

Donger
07-29-2008, 11:50 AM

My f*cking god.

The funny part is the fact that you fall for it.

BucEyedPea
07-29-2008, 12:40 PM

They haven't been in long enough to do enough damage....but they have been in long enough for plenty to see that congress is just rolling over for the administration on Iraq and Iran. A bipartisan neocon chickenhawk govt. It's no wonder both branches have low ratings now.

cookster50
07-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Katie Horner will love showing the waves of Death, Destruction, Pestilence, and General Evilness coming our way.

***SPRAYER
07-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Actually, that was pretty funny.

:clap:

memyselfI
07-29-2008, 01:20 PM
The Democrats will do much needed introspection and they will realize how they lost a completely winnable election by nominating the least experienced candidate on the pretense that personality was the most important issue to the American people and hopefully those who made HIS nomination possible will be executed.

Ok, maybe not that extreme. Tarred and feathered would suffice.

vailpass
07-29-2008, 01:56 PM

My f*cking god.

What if I told you I heard that one from a black comedian on Sirius radio one night driving through New Mexico.
Is it still racist?

HonestChieffan
07-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Rumor has it that if Obama loses he will become a Senator and attend the meetings of the Senate.

Programmer
07-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Rumor has it that if Obama loses he will become a Senator and attend the meetings of the Senate.

Why would he change?

It's my opinion that anyone in the Senate or House that runs for President needs to resign from office to show their committment. If they lose the election they can run for the old office again next time around.

I would also be happy with term limits on senators and representatives in the same light as the president. 8 years is enough for anyone. I also feel that no senator or representative should get a retirement for service over 6 years of service. With term limits nobody will make it to 20 years which is the minimum retirement for military to get 33% of their base pay. Those in Washington should get no different of a retirement as those that do 20+ years. I believe they get substantially more.

Redrum_69
07-29-2008, 02:43 PM
If Obama posted on Chiefsplanet, and created threads and posted very little stories about his threads that he created...would he also be policed about how he should post or be limited to only one thread a day?

ROYC75
07-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Jesse Jackson will be happy

FYP ......:D

Calcountry
07-29-2008, 03:08 PM
I've already said that the reason congress's approval rating has sunk even lower is because those of us who had voted for democrats are disapproving because they aren't doing what they were elected to do (reverse Bush policies).

I agree with you.Fair enough, which makes my point, that if Lord Barack gets elected, there wll be no change in the Iraq policy. He will have a sit down with some very powerful people, he might even get a "private" phone call from a backer who greenlighted him, and then he will say yes sir! and hop to it. Irregardless of what you moveon tools say.

penchief
07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Fair enough, which makes my point, that if Lord Barack gets elected, there wll be no change in the Iraq policy. He will have a sit down with some very powerful people, he might even get a "private" phone call from a backer who greenlighted him, and then he will say yes sir! and hop to it. Irregardless of what you moveon tools say.

I am not a moveon.org tool. I don't even visit their site. Everything I say is what I believe based on my own observations. I'm sorry you believe otherwise.

Midnight_Vulture
07-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Probably a lot of emo-liberals will be slitting their wrists. Good riddance.

whatsmynameagain
07-29-2008, 05:01 PM

or go out and get mad pussy with their sport bikes and inferiority complexes?

Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
07-29-2008, 06:00 PM
The race war will begin.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-29-2008, 06:03 PM

Are you the motorcycle guy? I never read that thread. You're a catch phrase now!!!!!

http://yourefamous.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/nakedcowboy.jpg

BigOlChiefsfan
07-29-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't know about YOU boys, but I'm going on a rampage thru Mission Hills. That's where all the flat screen tvs and silver candlesticks are hanging out. Hell with burning down likker stores in the 'hood, this time I've got a plan.