Sorry if repost.

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 01:25 AM
freaking, wow, in a naval battle there would have been tremendous loss of life

just wow

TinyEvel
07-30-2008, 01:26 AM
LOL if you read the comments.

BTW: I think this is doctored. too many cuts. even the Doug Henning magic shows had one camera and no edits

DOUG HENNING FTW!!!!!!

Frazod
07-30-2008, 01:27 AM
Impressive. Ships tend to sink quickly when they're broken in half.

Funny comment below the article: "I'm in ur seaz, sinking ur shipz." :evil:

TinyEvel
07-30-2008, 01:29 AM
FTW!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t9hQg5N9K1Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t9hQg5N9K1Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Baby Lee
07-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Hold on to me, Rose!!!

RP_McMurphy
07-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Would have been slower in real life. As that ship had alot of stuff removed for the SINKEX. Plus it wasn't at material condition Zebra. I also suspect their were some other explosives onboard.

Rain Man
07-30-2008, 02:06 PM
With a weapon like this, we can sink all of the major surface warships of the terrorist navy.

Nightfyre
07-30-2008, 02:13 PM
With a weapon like this, we can sink all of the major surface warships of the terrorist navy.

I was with you in fighting the communists guerrilla style in Colorado, Rain Man. But I cannot follow you onto the water. You see, I get sea sick.

Dartgod
07-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Good idea. They should start with that guy who is flipping houses in Des Moines.

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 02:22 PM

yeah we need to get one of those transformer desert thingys

that would make more sense

Donger
07-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Plus it wasn't at material condition Zebra.

Material condition Monkey? Material condition Meerkat?

Tribal Warfare
07-30-2008, 02:31 PM
AMERICA F*CK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAX
07-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Would have been slower in real life. As that ship had alot of stuff removed for the SINKEX. Plus it wasn't at material condition Zebra. I also suspect their were some other explosives onboard.

What is "material condition Zebra", Mr. RP_McMurphy? And, don't say it's when they decorate the ship with striped draperies. I know better.

FAX

Frazod
07-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Material condition Monkey? Material condition Meerkat?

There are three degrees of water-tight integrity onboard a ship; they are referred to as Material Conditions X (Xray), Y (Yoke) and Z (Zebra). X is relaxed, or standard cruising, where only essential water tight hatches are required to be closed. Y is heightened, where more water tight hatches are closed (ships typically set condition Y at night). Z is full water tight integrity, set during general quarters or battlestations, when all water tight hatches are secured.

FAX
07-30-2008, 02:36 PM
So, material condition Sponge would be bad, then.

FAX

Rain Man
07-30-2008, 02:37 PM
So, material condition Sponge would be bad, then.

FAX

I would think a sub would not even want to be in Material Condition X-ray.

listopencil
07-30-2008, 02:43 PM
I would think a sub would not even want to be in Material Condition X-ray.

One of the essential hatches in a sub is the big one that keeps all of the water out.

R&GHomer
07-30-2008, 03:02 PM
There are three degrees of water-tight integrity onboard a ship; they are referred to as Material Conditions X (Xray), Y (Yoke) and Z (Zebra). X is relaxed, or standard cruising, where only essential water tight hatches are required to be closed. Y is heightened, where more water tight hatches are closed (ships typically set condition Y at night). Z is full water tight integrity, set during general quarters or battlestations, when all water tight hatches are secured.

Interesting, thanks for providing the insight

FAX
07-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Ensign : Captain, there's a problem, sir!

Captain: What is it, son?

Ensign: It's ... well ... we're at material condition Stone, sir.

Captain: We're what!!

Ensign: Yes, sir. There's no question. Orders, sir?

Captain: Good God, son. It's okay. You did the right thing. Get on the horn. Call for battle positions. Smoke 'em if you got 'em. And rig for material condition Helium Balloon. We may get out of this yet, my boy.

Ensign: Aye, aye, sir.

FAX

FAX
07-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Ensign : Captain, it's not working, sir! Material condition Helium Balloon ... it's not working!

Captain: Damn. That's what I was afraid of. How much time do we have, son?

Ensign: I don't know, sir. Maybe 5 minutes.

Captain: Well, that's it then. There's no other choice. Ensign, rig for material condition Dead Bloated Narwhal.

Ensign: Material condition Dead Bloated Narwhal, sir? Are you sure ... I mean ... sir, the last time we practiced material condition Dead Bloated Narwhal, it didn't go very well.

Captain: Who's Captain of this ship, Ensign? You or me? Now, I want material condition Dead Bloated Narwhal and I want it now. Are we clear?

Ensign: Aye, aye, sir.

FAX

Archie F. Swin
07-30-2008, 03:26 PM
there's an unfortunate edit on a that clip...it almost looks like ship breaks in half!

Frazod
07-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Interesting, thanks for providing the insight

No problem. It's been 21 years since I last set foot on a ship, but I assume that hasn't changed.

B_Ambuehl
07-30-2008, 03:40 PM
There's our tax dollars at work. What a waste of money. Like they really needed to sink a 100 million dollar ship to see if the damn thing worked.

Frazod
07-30-2008, 03:42 PM
The Navy frequently uses obsolete ships for target practice; honestly, it makes sense.

It's not like they built a brand new ship and blew it up the next day.

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 03:43 PM
There's our tax dollars at work. What a waste of money. Like they really needed to sink a 100 million dollar ship to see if the damn thing worked.

it wasn't ours

it was an iraqi warship

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 03:43 PM
The Navy frequently uses obsolete ships for target practice; honestly, it makes sense.

It's not like they built a brand new ship and blew it up the next day.

don't they do that to increase marine life or something, heard that somewhere

Frazod
07-30-2008, 03:45 PM
don't they do that to increase marine life or something, heard that somewhere

Sometimes ships are deliberately sunk to create reefs.

But sometimes the Navy just wants to blow shit up. :D

ChiefaRoo
07-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Dear China,

Don't even think about it.

Regards,

The US Pacific Fleet.

MIAdragon
07-30-2008, 03:48 PM

I dont care what condition you're in when the hull is snapped the bottom is full speed ahead.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Sometimes ships are deliberately sunk to create reefs.

But sometimes the Navy just wants to blow shit up. :D

hell yeah

MIAdragon
07-30-2008, 03:50 PM
there's an unfortunate edit on a that clip...it almost looks like ship breaks in half!

It does.

another test.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/Mark_48_Torpedo_testing.jpg/800px-Mark_48_Torpedo_testing.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Mark_48_Torpedo_testing.jpg)

Frazod
07-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Keep in mind, these smaller ships aren't all that wide. The Iraqis basically blew the USS Stark in half with a cruise missile back in the 80s. There wasn't much left holding it together. Accidently, of course. :rolleyes:

A torpedo like this would not break a carrier in half, although it would certainly f#ck it up.

MIAdragon
07-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Keep in mind, these smaller ships aren't all that wide. The Iraqis basically blew the USS Stark in half with a cruise missile back in the 80s. There wasn't much left holding it together. Accidently, of course. :rolleyes:

A torpedo like this would not break a carrier in half, although it would certainly f#ck it up.

Nope you break out the nuke tipped torps for that.

CrazyPhuD
07-30-2008, 04:00 PM
I think it wasn't the torpedo, it was a bosun's mate 3rd class who just dropped a monster deuce in the center head.