PDA

View Full Version : Misc T. Boone Pickens in Topeka

Lzen
07-30-2008, 04:23 PM
T. Boone Pickens at the Kansas Expocentre. See him live. He seems like a smart man with a good plan.
http://www.wibw.com/ Click the link at the top

Chief Chief
07-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Smart men always make sure they're never anywhere near Topeka.

kstater
07-30-2008, 05:59 PM
He's just a pit stop away from Lawrence and Bill Self. :D

Cards Fan 4 Chiefs
07-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Lzen

Did you go give him your business card?

Braincase
07-30-2008, 10:08 PM
He's pushing the wind plan... and I just know he's got things set up so he'll make a few billion off the plan. We ought to implement wind energy, but we ought to stay away from any company that's in his pocket.

Skip Towne
07-30-2008, 10:44 PM
He's pushing the wind plan... and I just know he's got things set up so he'll make a few billion off the plan. We ought to implement wind energy, but we ought to stay away from any company that's in his pocket.

I think he's learned there are some things he can't buy.

Lzen
07-31-2008, 08:29 AM
Lzen

Did you go give him your business card?

Lol. No, don't have no bidness cards. I is just uh simple gubment employee.

Lzen
07-31-2008, 08:31 AM

I figure he will make some dough off this. Still doesn't change the fact that his plan seems logical. Plus, he's right about the main point of his presentation. We need to become less dependent (or better yet, independent) of foreign oil.

mlyonsd
07-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Part of his plan is to drill for oil domestically as much as we can. That means off shore and Alaska. His entire thing is about getting of foreign oil dependence.

Braincase
07-31-2008, 10:58 AM
I figure he will make some dough off this. Still doesn't change the fact that his plan seems logical. Plus, he's right about the main point of his presentation. We need to become less dependent (or better yet, independent) of foreign oil.

Hire consultants from Denmark. Their wind creates a 20% of their energy needs.

That's not a joke, btw. The Danes are getting off the grid with their wind energy.

PhillyChiefFan
07-31-2008, 11:37 AM

Yep. Smart business man though, gotta hand it to him. Capitalizing on the fears of the American public that oil will go up to 300 dollars a barrel. Anyone who thinks he is doing it strickly out of the concern for us is lying to themselves.

Demonpenz
07-31-2008, 12:16 PM
seem him twice, hell of a blues guitarist

ExtremeChief
07-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Speaking of wind energy,

I was in Rockport, MO Tuesday and in the truckstop on 29 and 136 they were selling memoribilia showing they are the first town in the US to generate 100% of their electricity via wind power. Not a real big town, but cool nonetheless.

eazyb81
07-31-2008, 01:37 PM

What's wrong with him profiting if he has an excellent plan? We should only look for plans where the creator will not earn a dime? Are you sure you're not a communist?

InChiefsHell
07-31-2008, 03:27 PM
INdeed. IF his plan works and is good, I hope he takes home a wheel barrel full of money...

JuicesFlowing
07-31-2008, 03:31 PM
If you are born with a name like T. Boone Pickens, you are destined to be an oilman.