PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince trailer

POND_OF_RED
07-30-2008, 04:22 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ihtTl1K8xo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ihtTl1K8xo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pestilence
07-30-2008, 05:07 PM
And once again I'll just wait until all the little 14 year olds clear out of the theatre......

So about 3 weeks.

irishjayhawk
07-30-2008, 05:26 PM
The same director did 5 and 5 sucked on every level. I wanted to like it but could only end up liking the music and Umbridge.

This one looks much more up my alley. That scene is pretty much straight from the book word for word, which is good. 5 was abysmal at that. And that's even granting them some liberties too.

HOWEVER, the trailer shows nothing. It gives a glimpse of what the movie could be. And 5's trailer was superb. Yet, epic failure. So color me, interested but not really excited. More interested in 6 than I was without a trailer imagining what the director would screw up this time.

POND_OF_RED
07-30-2008, 05:37 PM
I don't get too excited for the movies. I usually just wait for them to come out on DVD although this will probably be at IMAX so I might go see this one in theatres. I'm just really anticipating the two movie version of the Deathly Hallows and hoping they don't butcher that one too bad.

Jewish Rabbi
07-30-2008, 05:43 PM
No Hermione in the trailer!?! What a waste of 90 seconds...

Basileus777
07-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Considering the HBP book was awful, I don't expect the film version to be very good.

Douche Baggins
07-30-2008, 07:26 PM
I have to wait til I get home to see this in 1080p. I won't watch it any other way.

irishjayhawk
07-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Considering the HBP book was awful, I don't expect the film version to be very good.

I think 6 may be the second best book. It's close between 5 and 6 for me with 7 taking the clear top spot.

Mr. Plow
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM
I really want to buy these books and read through them. I like the movies....so in theory....I should like the books.

beach tribe
07-31-2008, 11:21 AM
My god. I've watched a couple of these movies, and I guess they're just not for me. I thought they were total crap.

POND_OF_RED
07-31-2008, 02:24 PM
I really want to buy these books and read through them. I like the movies....so in theory....I should like the books.

If you somehow liked the first few movies you will love the books.

RustShack
07-31-2008, 03:16 PM
I have wood, I can't wait!

irishjayhawk
07-31-2008, 10:18 PM

If you liked the 4th movie, you will absolutely LOVE the books. The fourth movie, actually all the movies other than 3, are crapola. Read the books.

Trust me. o:-)

irishjayhawk
07-31-2008, 10:19 PM
My god. I've watched a couple of these movies, and I guess they're just not for me. I thought they were total crap.

Which ones? Watch the third one. Other than that, they ARE crap. But, you should really read the books.

Douche Baggins
08-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Finally saw it today, in freaking IMAX since the bastards took it off the small screen. I hate IMAX but, whatever.

I really enjoyed it despite the stuff they left out. They absolutely nailed the horcrucx scene. Fantastic.

I'm going to miss Michael Gambon. I think by the end of his run as Dumbledore he exceeded Richard Harris' portrayal in every way.

Also, there were a lot of scenes in which Emma Watson looked like a totally hot fox. I mean she always looks good, but there were a couple of scenes where I wanted to muggle her horcrux right there in the common room.

Deberg_1990
08-20-2009, 04:13 PM
I hate IMAX but, whatever.

Why do you hate IMAX? Just curious? Screen too big?

irishjayhawk
08-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Finally saw it today, in freaking IMAX since the bastards took it off the small screen. I hate IMAX but, whatever.

I really enjoyed it despite the stuff they left out. They absolutely nailed the horcrucx scene. Fantastic.

I'm going to miss Michael Gambon. I think by the end of his run as Dumbledore he exceeded Richard Harris' portrayal in every way.

Also, there were a lot of scenes in which Emma Watson looked like a totally hot fox. I mean she always looks good, but there were a couple of scenes where I wanted to muggle her horcrux right there in the common room.

I don't think so but that's something I'm willing to forgive because Gambon said he didn't want to copy Richard's style.

Still so much they left out and for what? A made up from whole cloth Burrow attack scene that served zero purpose.

Again, it's amazing how many little things they got absolutely perfect and yet how many large things they completely whiffed on. Battle scene, anyone?

Douche Baggins
08-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Why do you hate IMAX? Just curious? Screen too big?

Yeah. I find the picture to be sharper on a smaller screen in DLP.

Deberg_1990
08-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah. I find the picture to be sharper on a smaller screen in DLP.

Thats probably because most of these so called IMAX flicks are not really IMAX for the most part. They are blow up prints expanded to fill out the bigger screen.

The Dark Knight was the only mainstream flick that had 4 or 5 scenes actually filmed in the IMAX format. I saw it in IMAX and those scenes were outstanding and very sharp.

Douche Baggins
08-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Thats probably because most of these so called IMAX flicks are not really IMAX for the most part. They are blow up prints expanded to fill out the bigger screen.

Yup. The curved screen kinda sucks too.

I was a little shocked it was out of the regular DLP screens so quickly.