PDA

View Full Version : Environment McCain degrades the office - drags Spears and Hilton into his attack ads...

Taco John
07-30-2008, 08:49 PM
This guy is a sleaze...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oHXYsw_ZDXg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oHXYsw_ZDXg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
07-30-2008, 10:17 PM
My opponent is inspiring and exciting to people not only in this country, but around the world. I'm not. VOTE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!

SBK
07-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Repost.

Donger
07-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Can we get a definition of what is an "attack ad" and what is not?

markk
07-30-2008, 10:47 PM
i made the comparison with the same two people the other day. famous for being famous not for anything they have done.

but it is tacky in a campaign ad.

irishjayhawk
07-30-2008, 10:49 PM

I believe an attack ad would be a negative ad centered around an opponent with nothing but an intent to smear. The worst attack ads don't even offer the candidate's counter point of view.

Ultra Peanut
07-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Can we get a definition of what is an "attack ad" and what is not?Calling your opponent a vapid celebrity like Brittney Spears?

That's not change we can believe in here on the Straight Talk Express.

Taco John
07-30-2008, 11:20 PM
I can't wait for McCain's idea of Diplomacy:

"Mahmood Ahmidenijad is a poopy head! Can we trust a poopy head in that part of the world?"

Ultra Peanut
07-30-2008, 11:24 PM
"My opponent works out! My opponent eats healthy food! My opponent is an ELITIST!"

*flies off in wife's private jet*

Midnight_Vulture
07-31-2008, 09:30 AM
You libs are sooo sensitive. This is politics. Its called mudslinging.

Bush took waaaaaay more criticism than this. They had attack ads comparing him to Hitler and I remember the NAACP ran an ad basically saying Bush was racist.

Ultra Peanut
07-31-2008, 09:32 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/294syhc.gif

banyon
07-31-2008, 09:34 AM
You libs are sooo sensitive. This is politics. Its called mudslinging.

Bush took waaaaaay more criticism than this. They had attack ads comparing him to Hitler and I remember the NAACP ran an ad basically saying Bush was racist.

Who had that ad? I don't remember seeing it.

Rooster
07-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Bad form by McCain? Yes

Truth to what the ad said? Yes

***SPRAYER
07-31-2008, 09:36 AM
The ad made me cringe.

Ultra Peanut
07-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Bad form by McCain? Yes

Truth to what the ad said? YesRemember when Paris Hilton was president of the Harvard Law Review and a constitutional law scholar?

Yeah, good times.

vailpass
07-31-2008, 09:51 AM
Remember when Paris Hilton was president of the Harvard Law Review and a constitutional law scholar?

Yeah, good times.

PRESIDENT of the Harvard Law Review?

You and baby daddy aren't afraid are you?

Ultra Peanut
07-31-2008, 09:53 AM
PRESIDENT of the Harvard Law Review?

You and baby daddy aren't afraid are you?what

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-31-2008, 09:58 AM
what

Unfortunately, they've yet to make a Rosetta Stone for Neanderthal.

vailpass
07-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Unfortunately, they've yet to make a Rosetta Stone for Neanderthal.

Says the kid who lies and tells everyone he is a teacher.
What is your accredidation again?

patteeu
07-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Who had that ad? I don't remember seeing it.

MoveOn.org

mlyonsd
07-31-2008, 10:35 AM
For the love of.....how idiotic.

irishjayhawk
07-31-2008, 10:57 AM
An easy counter:

mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim mccain muslim

Iowanian
07-31-2008, 11:13 AM
He's not a celebrity. He's the antichrist. He's a wolf in sheeps' clothing, glazing over the eyes of morAns across the land with a hopeadope policy of change.

And change things he will....by starting to crack open the 7 seals of the 7 signs.

Is that a trumpet of doooooooooooom I hear?

The truth is, that ad is effective, because its true.

knowmo3
07-31-2008, 11:16 AM
Democrats are nothing but commies. They want to control your life. They tax everyone to death who earns a living and give all the money back to the bum ass welfare people.

Iowanian
07-31-2008, 11:19 AM
remember democRats?

I think a more effective campaign ad, playing up to those fearful is to play on spelling.

Imagine the following ad.

Obama's voice clips "change, change, change hope hope hope" and find a clip of him saying something about "hoping something gets done/fixed"...fade to McLame fixing that.

Subtle spelling changes to be made in all refereces now.

Obomba. 08

NewChief
07-31-2008, 11:24 AM
That's a horrible ad. Hell, it made me want to join a march, chant Obama, and get a portrait of him tattooed on my back.

knowmo3
07-31-2008, 11:24 AM
How can people actually consider Obama for president? He has never took a side on anything. Every time he has had to vote for something all he has put down was "present". Empty suit. Everyone thinks he is such a good speaker, have you ever seen him answer a question that wasn't completely scripted? He is a babbling buffoon whenever he doesn't have his answer prepared beforehand.

HolmeZz
07-31-2008, 11:29 AM
We've had some very intelligent n00b trolls make their DC debuts lately.

This forums almost becoming unbearable.

NewChief
07-31-2008, 11:31 AM

Yeah. I don't know if I just don't have the time or have just become less tolerant of idiocy, but I read maybe one or two threads every week in this forum. The rest, I don't even bother to open.

acesn8s
07-31-2008, 12:02 PM

Half of the D.C. forum is:

banyon: Conservatives suck!

Programmer: Nuh uh! Liberals suck!

banyon: You're an idiot.

Programmer: You're the idiot.

banyon: Nuh uh.

Programmer: Uh huh.

banyon: Nuh uh!

Programmer: Uh huh!

banyon: NUH UH!!!

Programmer: UH HUH!!!

Yeah, it gets old. :shake:

banyon
07-31-2008, 12:36 PM

I have usually put his usernames on ignore in the past for the good of the forum so that tripe like this (which I admit I have responded in kind to his stupid insults) doesn't litter the forum. I was seeing if I could stir him up enough to get him to do something stupid and get banned again. It has worsened my CP experience too, though, so I will go ahead and put him on ignore.

Iowanian
07-31-2008, 12:36 PM
During a debate, if he'll ever stand across from McCain.....without his prepared, written speeches and has to rely on his own thinking and makes an error, Obomba should break into dance and lip sync "ooops I did it again"

When McCain says something good, his reply should probably be "thats hot"

Programmer
07-31-2008, 12:58 PM
I have usually put his usernames on ignore in the past for the good of the forum so that tripe like this (which I admit I have responded in kind to his stupid insults) doesn't litter the forum. I was seeing if I could stir him up enough to get him to do something stupid and get banned again. It has worsened my CP experience too, though, so I will go ahead and put him on ignore.

Just shows your cowardly side.

If you can't stand the heat put him on ignore. No courage shown on your part and none expected.

Programmer
07-31-2008, 01:02 PM

Ultra peenut: Nuh uh, Programmer sucks.

Irishjayhawk: peenut is right, programmer sucks.

Ultra peenut: Nuh uh, Programmer is the idiot.

Irishjayhawk: peenut is right programmer it the idiot.

Ultra peenut: Nuh, uh.

Irishjayhawk: Uh huh.

You left out several of the others involved so I fixed your post.

patteeu
07-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Just shows your cowardly side.

If you can't stand the heat put him on ignore. No courage shown on your part and none expected.

It would be good if you could put your detractors on ignore too. I promise you that it would improve your image. To be blunt, you're not very good at trading insults with people without doing more damage to yourself than you do to your opponent. It can't hurt to try something different.

Programmer
07-31-2008, 08:03 PM
It would be good if you could put your detractors on ignore too. I promise you that it would improve your image. To be blunt, you're not very good at trading insults with people without doing more damage to yourself than you do to your opponent. It can't hurt to try something different.

What damage is happening to me?

What does it tell you that I'm not very good at trading insults? I don't do it often enough to be well versed in that arena.

Those that insult me do so to feel like they are better than me. If I can provide them with just a moment's happiness then my job is done.

You should watch, regardless of what I say, good bad or indifferent they throw out insults. I"m the bigger person regardless of how hard they scream that I'm not.

penchief
07-31-2008, 08:30 PM

I think it's funny that the McCain campaign would even attempt to associate Obama's credentials with the antics of that pair. It just goes to show how desperate McCain is getting.

Of course, the corporate media is going to keep the polls close so that no one will suspect a thing when McCain is elected and the corpo-fascists steal another election.

***SPRAYER
07-31-2008, 08:31 PM

He actually tried to give me advice on how not to get neg rep. And then got mad at me when I told him "no thanks".

|Zach|
07-31-2008, 08:39 PM
During a debate, if he'll ever stand across from McCain.....without his prepared, written speeches and has to rely on his own thinking and makes an error, Obomba should break into dance and lip sync "ooops I did it again"

You took time out of your day to type this post. That is amazing.

Ultra Peanut
07-31-2008, 09:44 PM
You took time out of your day to type this post. That is amazing.HOPERAH LOL (http://cdn.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/c/a/2008/01/18/MNSNUH7GC.DTL&o=0), EXTEMPORANEOUS WHAAAA? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4yVlPqeZwo)

Iowanian
07-31-2008, 10:21 PM
You took time out of your day to type this post. That is amazing.

Even more amazing, that you stepped away from a Sex and the City rerun long enough to read it, and respond, taco.

Admit it. When Obama comes to town, its the loudest you've squealed since one of the Jonas brothers looked RIGHT AT YOU during a ballad.

|Zach|
07-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Even more amazing, that you stepped away from a Sex and the City rerun long enough to read it, and respond, taco.

Admit it. When Obama comes to town, its the loudest you've squealed since one of the Jonas brothers looked RIGHT AT YOU during a ballad.

We don't usually agree on stuff but I am more so surprised because you used to be funny. No matter what you sided on or what I felt about it.

Read this post again. What happened man?

Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post

Taco John
07-31-2008, 11:00 PM

He's got too much pride to listen to sound advice. He'll continue to get embarassed, and eventually his embarassment will lead to more harassment, and eventually that will lead to yet another banning, at which point he'll pull out one of the accounts that he's already created and the whole cycle will start itself over again.

It's the ci-i-i-i-i-i-rcle of tro-o-o-o-o-oll!

Thig Lyfe
07-31-2008, 11:02 PM

Almost?

Guru
08-01-2008, 01:35 AM
Can we get a definition of what is an "attack ad" and what is not?That depends on what your definition of "is" is.:D

ChiefaRoo
08-01-2008, 02:31 AM
I think it's funny that the McCain campaign would even attempt to associate Obama's credentials with the antics of that pair. It just goes to show how desperate McCain is getting.

Of course, the corporate media is going to keep the polls close so that no one will suspect a thing when McCain is elected and the corpo-fascists steal another election.

You're an idiot.

Programmer
08-01-2008, 05:19 AM
He's got too much pride to listen to sound advice.

Another ignoranus on the board speaks.

Bootlegged
08-01-2008, 06:01 AM

:clap:

Nicely played.

NewChief
08-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Let the Roveian swiftboating begin.

Kerry is a decorated Vietnam Vet running in a time of conflict? Attack his war record.

Obama is globally popular and inspires people? Attack his popularity.

Same old bag of tricks from our Republican friends. I hope it blows up in their Orwellian little faces.

Programmer
08-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Kerry is a decorated Vietnam Vet running in a time of conflict? Attack his war record.

Obama is globally popular and inspires people? Attack his popularity..

What you say might be true about Kerry being decorated, but what you left out is that his decorations and his service are questionable.

Obama is popular, so what does that mean in the big picture? You want a president that is popular that is totally unequipped for the job?

***SPRAYER
08-01-2008, 06:53 AM

Kerry is a decorated Vietnam Vet running in a time of conflict? Attack his war record..

3 purple hearts in less than 90 days? Not one day in the hospital? The man is a disgrace.

SBK
08-01-2008, 06:54 AM

Obama is globally popular and inspires people? Attack his popularity.

Same old bag of tricks from our Republican friends. I hope it blows up in their Orwellian little faces.

Both slides sling crap against the wall, the stuff that sticks has merit typically.

SBK
08-01-2008, 06:57 AM

LMAO

NewChief
08-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Both slides sling crap against the wall, the stuff that sticks has merit typically.

And the stuff that elicits three replies from the opposition early in the wee hours of the morning usually has merit as well. I think every con on here recognizes the game being played. I'm not saying the liberals are above it, I'm just saying that it's the same old song and dance.

The irony here is that people are accusing Obama of having no substance, yet McCain's entire campaign strategy so far is to run on the "issue" of attacking Obama. It begs the question.. who is really the one without any core beliefs or substance?

penchief
08-01-2008, 07:19 AM
You're an idiot.

I'm not the one voting for more of the same McCain.

Anyone who would vote republican after what they've done to this country over the past eight years is the idiot. And anyone who would vote for McCain after witnessing his performance over the past couple months has no room to talk about the idiocy of others.

SBK
08-01-2008, 07:26 AM
And the stuff that elicits three replies from the opposition early in the wee hours of the morning usually has merit as well. I think every con on here recognizes the game being played. I'm not saying the liberals are above it, I'm just saying that it's the same old song and dance.

The irony here is that people are accusing Obama of having no substance, yet McCain's entire campaign strategy so far is to run on the "issue" of attacking Obama. It begs the question.. who is really the one without any core beliefs or substance?

I'm not the opposition, I'm a guy with sleeping problems. o:-)

And the people accusing Obama of having no substance are right, it's just that the true believers don't want to see it. The only comparison that's fair between Obama and McCain is that they both suck. 2 empty suits running for office.

***SPRAYER
08-01-2008, 07:28 AM
I think every con on here recognizes the game being played.

Aint no game. The guy was in country for a cup of coffee and started malingering as soon as he got there.

***SPRAYER
08-01-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm not the one voting for more of the same McCain.

Anyone who would vote republican after what they've done to this country over the past eight years is the idiot.

The idiots are the DNC because this should have been a slamdunk for them except they decided it would be a good idea to nominate a candidate who doesn't resonate with the hoi polloi.

memyselfI
08-01-2008, 07:48 AM
You are right, McCain should have dragged in someone substantial...

like Oprah. ROFL

penchief
08-01-2008, 07:48 AM
The idiots are the DNC because this should have been a slamdunk for them except they decided it would be a good idea to nominate a candidate who doesn't resonate with the hoi polloi.

Obama has outclassed McCain by a mile. I don't think the problem is the DNC. Whoever the democrats nominated would have received the same treatment. I think it's fair to say that is obvious. Same bullshit, different candidate. Recent history is proof of that.

You would think the people of this country would have learned their lesson by now. Everytime we allow ourselves to be bamboozled into voting for the lesser candidate because the other guy was a bad "character" we end up getting raped worse than before. If people vote for McCain they'll get more of the same and it will be exactly what they deserve. The only problem is, I don't believe that the people voted for Bush.

I believe the problem lies in the fact that the corporate media is subsidizing McCain by ignoring the trainwreck that is his campaign in favor of lending credence to his smears against Obama. A responsible media wouldn't even be giving the time of day to the character attacks. Instead, they would be addressing the enormity of this country's problems.

SBK
08-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Penchief emasculates another one!!

Iowanian
08-01-2008, 08:53 AM
My day is ruined for certain. Maybe a socialized medicine doctor can put a cast on my funnybone and help me bring the lost joy back for Zach.

Maybe I whiffed. It happens.

Let me break down the intent of the joke for the slow readers.

The thread, the ad and the discussion revolve around a play on celebrity and squealing fan boys for Britney, Paris and Obama....still with me? Now, with the fainting sheep of team Hoperah, alot is made of things like the use of Obama's middle name. I'm not calling him Obomba, I'm surprised someone else hasn't.

Hold on tight to the handlebars and don't be distracted by the streamers....focus.

A good response to this ad, from which your bottom is feeling uncomfortable pressure, would be to tackle it with my suggestions.

In closing, in effort to fulfill Zach's entertainment value, I'll try to google some will and grace references for zaney humor.

|Zach|
08-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Maybe I whiffed. It happens.

Obviously.

Programmer
08-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Obama has outclassed McCain by a mile. I don't think the problem is the DNC. Whoever the democrats nominated would have received the same treatment. I think it's fair to say that is obvious. Same bullshit, different candidate. Recent history is proof of that.

You would think the people of this country would have learned their lesson by now. Everytime we allow ourselves to be bamboozled into voting for the lesser candidate because the other guy was a bad "character" we end up getting raped worse than before. If people vote for McCain they'll get more of the same and it will be exactly what they deserve. The only problem is, I don't believe that the people voted for Bush.

I believe the problem lies in the fact that the corporate media is subsidizing McCain by ignoring the trainwreck that is his campaign in favor of lending credence to his smears against Obama. A responsible media wouldn't even be giving the time of day to the character attacks. Instead, they would be addressing the enormity of this country's problems.

So all of a sudden the media has changed sides?

You feel Obama is the lesser of the two evils? That is absurd, you don't have enough of a track record on him to determine what he will do when he gets into office. At the moment he has the DNC handlers telling him what his position is, if elected he will swing off on his own tangent.

I'm not saying he would be terrible, but indications are that he is very similar to Jimmy Carter and virtually everyone knows what kind of a mess he was. Jimmy's heart was in the right place but he just was not presidential material.

The attacks on Obama's character, if they were all false, would be an issue easily debunked. The problem the DNC and the rest of the democrats have is that many of them are not attacks due to false information, they are based on comments that come right from the man himself.

If Pat Paulsen was still alive I'd vote for him. I may anyway.

Taco John
08-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Let me break down the intent of the joke for the slow readers.

I don't think anybody was confused about *why* you made the joke. I think they were confused about the part where it was supposed to be funny.

Direckshun
08-01-2008, 12:01 PM
<embed FlashVars='videoId=178207' src='http://www.thedailyshow.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>

Calcountry
08-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Can we get a definition of what is an "attack ad" and what is not?You can't, under the pain of death, criticise the one.

Calcountry
08-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Calling your opponent a vapid celebrity like Brittney Spears?

That's not change we can believe in here on the Straight Talk Express.
Obama=Vapid

Calcountry
08-01-2008, 12:29 PM
"My opponent works out! My opponent eats healthy food! My opponent is an ELITIST!"

*flies off in wife's private jet*and tells us to air up our tires and get a tune up.

Word to yo mama.

Taco John
08-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Obama = Poopy pants

***SPRAYER
08-01-2008, 01:11 PM

I see. It's not that there are any flaws in the Dem candidates, it's the vast right wing conspiracy.

:)

Iowanian
08-01-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't think anybody was confused about *why* you made the joke. I think they were confused about the part where it was supposed to be funny.

They day I have to defer to zach and taco for funny is probably going to be a hoot.

I better joke would have probably been to help buy the ronpaul blimp.

There was a wise horse to bet on.

|Zach|
08-01-2008, 01:27 PM
They day I have to defer to zach and taco for funny is probably going to be a hoot.

Whoever is typing out your posts for you is doing a terrible job. KCNutowanian with some stellar input.

Iowanian
08-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Maybe I tried typing in a dumbf@ckanese translator, so you could participate too.

For not caring....and being a terrible waste of your valuable time....you've cared 3 times now.

Its kind of cute.

VAChief
08-01-2008, 01:42 PM
What you say might be true about Kerry being decorated, but what you left out is that his decorations and his service are questionable.

How much action did Cheney, Rummy, and Bush see in that conflict?

Taco John
08-01-2008, 02:28 PM

I don't think you're supposed to huff the ethanol coming out of that corn.

/I might add that this joke is much more funny than anything you've produced in this thread. This day apparently qualifies (in ethanol huffenese) as a "hoot."

penchief
08-01-2008, 02:31 PM
I see. It's not that there are any flaws in the Dem candidates, it's the vast right wing conspiracy.

:)

Never said there weren't any flaws. It just doesn't jibe when the republicans put up worse candidates and they get a free ride. Which is exactly what's happening with McCain just like it did with Bush.

And that doesn't mean that the democrats flaws were necessarily the character flaws that the republican party and the corporate media assigned to them either. Because if we were going to assess character flaws Bush had a few that should have been scrutinized. Some of those character flaws are doozies and have contributed to our current state of affairs.

Programmer
08-01-2008, 03:22 PM
How much action did Cheney, Rummy, and Bush see in that conflict?

That's totally off the topic. How much action did you see in that conflict?

Kerry had medals and a combat record that is suspect.

How many multi-millionaires would you say has a piece of shrapnel left in their leg from that time that didn't have the resources to have it removed?

Three purple hearts and zero days missed due to those injuries should run up a :BS: flag in anyone's book.

How many officers did you read about that took his crew back into a combat zone to recreate and film the action? I don't care who you are, that is wrong.

SBK
08-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Zach is all butthurt over Iowanian, how cute.

Now go fill up your tires and tune your engine.

|Zach|
08-01-2008, 03:34 PM
LMAO

VAChief
08-01-2008, 07:34 PM
That's totally off the topic. How much action did you see in that conflict?

Kerry had medals and a combat record that is suspect.

How many multi-millionaires would you say has a piece of shrapnel left in their leg from that time that didn't have the resources to have it removed?

Three purple hearts and zero days missed due to those injuries should run up a :BS: flag in anyone's book.

How many officers did you read about that took his crew back into a combat zone to recreate and film the action? I don't care who you are, that is wrong.

Nice try, my point that you feel is off topic is the fact that at least he had a combat record. I was in grade school so I was too young, but I also wasn't rich so if I had been drafted as others in my family were I would have gone.

Programmer
08-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Nice try, my point that you feel is off topic is the fact that at least he had a combat record. I was in grade school so I was too young, but I also wasn't rich so if I had been drafted as others in my family were I would have gone.

What does that have to do with very questionable awards for him?

Having a combat record as a draftee in Vietnam isn't a distinguishing caveat. 57,792 American men and women died in Vietnam, IIRC there were over 2,000,000 Americans in Vietnam during that time.

As for Kerry's three purple hearts, I'm amazed that he could get three of them without any missed time. You need to do some research regarding the types of wounds were sustained by those that were awarded Purple Hearts, many were awarded with the V device for Valor. Of those I know very few, but the few I do know have substantial scars or are missing body parts.

I have a problem with Kerry's purple hearts.

Taco John
08-01-2008, 09:10 PM
What does that have to do with very questionable awards for him?

Having a combat record as a draftee in Vietnam isn't a distinguishing caveat. 57,792 American men and women died in Vietnam, IIRC there were over 2,000,000 Americans in Vietnam during that time.

As for Kerry's three purple hearts, I'm amazed that he could get three of them without any missed time. You need to do some research regarding the types of wounds were sustained by those that were awarded Purple Hearts, many were awarded with the V device for Valor. Of those I know very few, but the few I do know have substantial scars or are missing body parts.

I have a problem with Kerry's purple hearts.

What a disgusting lack of respect for our service people.

Programmer
08-01-2008, 09:19 PM
What a disgusting lack of respect for our service people.

You have no idea of the respect I have for our military personnel. You feel just because there is one that deserves no respect I have little respect for them all. You are one of the most shortsighted people ever to darken the portal of this website.

John Kerry deserves no respect for his actions in Vietnam. I had cuts and scrapes from daily work on a ship worse than what he received.

You of all people, one that has not served, has no room to talk about anyone that has served in any capacity, let alone in a war zone.

Taco John
08-01-2008, 09:29 PM
You have no idea of the respect I have for our military personnel. You feel just because there is one that deserves no respect I have little respect for them all. You are one of the most shortsighted people ever to darken the portal of this website.

John Kerry deserves no respect for his actions in Vietnam. I had cuts and scrapes from daily work on a ship worse than what he received.

You of all people, one that has not served, has no room to talk about anyone that has served in any capacity, let alone in a war zone.

Abomination.

VAChief
08-01-2008, 09:58 PM

What if you are wrong? You weren't there with him. You still haven't addressed that at least he was there while Bush was AWOL. It was hypocritical then just as it is now.

Ultra Peanut
08-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Maybe I tried typing in a dumbf@ckanese translator, so you could participate too.Dude, that line was tomcash level "funny."

Programmer
08-02-2008, 07:18 AM
What if you are wrong? You weren't there with him. You still haven't addressed that at least he was there while Bush was AWOL. It was hypocritical then just as it is now.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Bush.

The facts are that he had superficial cuts and scrapes and was awarded one of the higher personal decorations for them.

Kerry is a rich kid that didn't want to be there and found ways to get out. Some have even suggested that at least one of his "wounds" were self inflicted and one was from one of his own weapons on the boat.

It would be hypocritical of me to say these things if I had not been on the line in Vietnam, you admitted that you were not so you stand out here as the hypocrite.

Programmer
08-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Dude, that line was tomcash level "funny."

I don't even have to post for some morons to feel the need to comment on me.

You really need to get a life.

They have special doctors that help people with obsession. See one now.

Baby Lee
08-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Then there's Josh Marshall, who can't even see a few frames of Obama juxtaposed with white women without thinking he probably wants to f@ck them

the McCain campaign is now pushing the caricature of Obama as a uppity young black man whose presumptuousness is displayed not only in taking on airs above his station but also in a taste for young white women.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/206241.php

VAChief
08-02-2008, 08:59 AM
This has absolutely nothing to do with Bush.

The facts are that he had superficial cuts and scrapes and was awarded one of the higher personal decorations for them.

Kerry is a rich kid that didn't want to be there and found ways to get out. Some have even suggested that at least one of his "wounds" were self inflicted and one was from one of his own weapons on the boat.

It would be hypocritical of me to say these things if I had not been on the line in Vietnam, you admitted that you were not so you stand out here as the hypocrite.

Some have suggested that 9/11 was a conspiracy, doesn't make it true. Your making the a similar leap with no evidence. And my point if your wrong is you are perfectly fine calling out someone who actually went there (regardless of what you think is motive was) versus apparently feeling just fine with Bush and Cheney sitting the whole thing out.

How could I be a hypocrite if I was in grade school during the war by the way? Man you are a piece of work.

Programmer
08-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Some have suggested that 9/11 was a conspiracy, doesn't make it true. Your making the a similar leap with no evidence. And my point if your wrong is you are perfectly fine calling out someone who actually went there (regardless of what you think is motive was) versus apparently feeling just fine with Bush and Cheney sitting the whole thing out.

How could I be a hypocrite if I was in grade school during the way by the way? Man you are a piece of work.

They hypocritical part of your argument is to include those that were not there. There can be no comparison. The manner that Bush served(?) in the Air National Guard was common in those days for those in certain classes of people. The poor always fight the wars, or most of the time they do. Kerry was advised that a tour in a war zone would be good for his political career. Joining the military for political gain is not a great thing, especially when you use the system to get out of harms way.

Iowanian
08-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Dude, that line was tomcash level "funny."

Thanks, Hel'n. I'll try harder next time.

Programmer
08-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Abomination.

Another indication that you are nothing more than an ignoranus.

Programmer
08-04-2008, 08:50 AM

How could I be a hypocrite if I was in grade school during the war by the way? Man you are a piece of work.

John Kerry did not volunteer to go to Vietnam.

How can you be a hypocrite? I don't see you boasting about going to any of the other "police actions" we have been involved with over the past 20-30 years. Somewhere in that time frame you would have been of age.

jettio
08-04-2008, 09:01 AM
McCain deserves a pass on this.

He left his first wife high and dry because he fell for a bony-azz blonde heiress in her mid 20's.

McCain is just letting Cindy know that he won't hesitate to leave her if another skinny rich blonde debutante comes along.

McCan did not mean to badmouth Obama, he just wants to remind voters that he prefers younger girls.

***SPRAYER
08-04-2008, 09:02 AM

He left his first wife high and dry because he fell for a bony-azz blonde heiress in her mid 20's.

McCain is just letting Cindy know that he won't hesitate to leave her if another skinny rich blonde debutante comes along.

McCan did not mean to badmouth Obama, he just wants to remind voters that he prefers younger girls.

At least he likes girls. Michelle is a beard.

Programmer
08-04-2008, 09:04 AM

I'm sure that no democrat would ever do anything like that. You know like Bill getting a BJ while he was still married. Or having a secret meeting with other women while still married.

Why the outrage here? You all seemed to blow off (pun intended) what Bill did but want to nail McCain for something that you feel is in the same category?

Hello Pot, meet kettle!

Baby Lee
08-04-2008, 09:04 AM

I don't start many threads, but I think this place is now overrun with threads that attack the candidate the threadstarter does not like and then it becomes a back and forth that is centered on a negative discussion.

I think this place would be better if some of the threads started off with a positive article or post about the candidate the thread starter supports.

***SPRAYER
08-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm sure that no democrat would ever do anything like that. You know like Bill getting a BJ while he was still married. Or having a secret meeting with other women while still married.

Or raping women while married.

McGreevey = Obama

bkkcoh
08-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Link (http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=5505737)

Got to about the 1:55 mark, interesting debate between to democrat senators.

jettio
08-04-2008, 11:10 AM

Great point.

You are right, McCain leaving his first wife for skinny young rich blonde p*ssy is not a bad reflection on him.

Lack of character does not matter if you are white and platinum blonde.

Ultra Peanut
08-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Thanks, Hel'n. I'll try harder next time.Groundbreaking humor right here, folks.

Dave Lane
08-04-2008, 11:35 AM
The ad made me cringe.

Holy crap is it possible you are human after all. Wow just WOW!

Dave

penchief
08-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Lack of character does not matter if you are white and platinum blonde.

Or republican.

VAChief
08-04-2008, 05:40 PM
John Kerry did not volunteer to go to Vietnam.

How can you be a hypocrite? I don't see you boasting about going to any of the other "police actions" we have been involved with over the past 20-30 years. Somewhere in that time frame you would have been of age.

I never said he did volunteer.

I probably wouldn't have volunteered for Vietnam either, I was too young to be drafted, the drafted ended right before I was a Senior. I guess I could have enlisted for that great conflict with Grenada. You say what Bush did was fine with you, and that is fine with me, I just see it as interesting that you ridicule someone who was actually under fire, in combat situations, but okay with someone who went AWOL from a stateside National Guard unit.

Programmer
08-04-2008, 05:56 PM
I never said he did volunteer.

I probably wouldn't have volunteered for Vietnam either, I was too young to be drafted, the drafted ended right before I was a Senior. I guess I could have enlisted for that great conflict with Grenada. You say what Bush did was fine with you, and that is fine with me, I just see it as interesting that you ridicule someone who was actually under fire, in combat situations, but okay with someone who went AWOL from a stateside National Guard unit.

Again, this is not about Bush, it is about Kerry.

You missed the point about volunteering for duty in Vietnam, Kerry did not volunteer, he was assigned as were many of the people sent.

Under fire is a different thing, many were under fire and many were wounded without getting a Purple Heart. Getting three for superficial wounds goes beyond logic. Taking your crew back into harms way to film a place where action may have occurred is unconscionable. I would question if any of his purple hearts were gained as a result of this activity. I would also question whether any of his crew were wounded due to his grandstanding.

Programmer
08-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Or republican.

Or democrat.

penchief
08-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Or democrat.

Recent history would indicate that a blatant double standard exists when holding republicans to the same standard that republicans and the corporate media have been holding democrats to, whether it be marital infidelity, drug and alcohol abuse, or visiting whorehouses.

VAChief
08-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Again, this is not about Bush, it is about Kerry.

You missed the point about volunteering for duty in Vietnam, Kerry did not volunteer, he was assigned as were many of the people sent.

Under fire is a different thing, many were under fire and many were wounded without getting a Purple Heart. Getting three for superficial wounds goes beyond logic. Taking your crew back into harms way to film a place where action may have occurred is unconscionable. I would question if any of his purple hearts were gained as a result of this activity. I would also question whether any of his crew were wounded due to his grandstanding.

You don't know whether any of that is true about Kerry. If all of all of our suspicions, opinions were fact that would be different.

Regardless I asked simply how you felt about Bush going AWOL since you seemed so concerned about scrutinizing the service of our politicians. But, I know this is going nowhere with you.

Programmer
08-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Recent history would indicate that a blatant double standard exists when holding republicans to the same standard that republicans and the corporate media have been holding democrats to, whether it be marital infidelity, drug and alcohol abuse, or visiting whorehouses.

Double standard? Clinton plays around with young women and McCain gets hooked up with someone before his divorce is final. Where is the double standard? They were both wrong. Clinton was caught with one intern, his history was that he had affairs since he was Governor of Arkansas.

McCain was getting divorced and had what looks to be an affair with a younger woman.

You are right, it's a double standard. You see it as of no consequence with the multiple (mostly proven and admitted) affairs of Clinton and possibly one affair of McCain.

Who is the worse here? Clinton or McCain or are they both equally wrong?