PDA

View Full Version : Elections Trip a blip, bounce a thud, what's next? The race card, stooopid.

memyselfI
07-31-2008, 06:14 AM
Obama continued, repeating an attack from earlier in the day. “What they’re saying is ‘Well, we know we’re not very good but you can’t risk electing Obama. You know, he’s new, he doesn’t look like the other presidents on the currency, he’s a got a funny name.’”

Yep, worked against Clinton so might as well recycle it now that the trip was nothing more than an expensive photo op and his sure lead is now only in his head. :deevee::doh!:

http://www.drudgereport.com/obd.jpg

|Zach|
07-31-2008, 06:28 AM
GAME CHANGER!

***SPRAYER
07-31-2008, 06:38 AM
That Ludacris "song" isn't going to win him any votes.

Ultra Peanut
07-31-2008, 08:09 AM
The thing you're calling "the race card" has been your very argument against him for months. Acknowledging the existence of a smear campaign is only "playing the race card" if you're a supporter of said smear campaign.

But you're right, I just know there's SOMETHING about him that I don't like! There's SOMETHING off about that man.

That Ludacris "song" isn't going to win him any votes.That Ludacris "song" was a spur-of-the-moment freestyle that had nothing to do with anything, but hey, as long as it allows Hannity to add another name to his "radicals associated with Obama" (laffo) list, let's milk that shit.

Mr. Obama, how do you think the electorate will respond upon hearing that you're supported by a man who has many hos in different area codes?

patteeu
07-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Despicable. What a uniter!

acesn8s
07-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Campaign slogan in 1992: "It's about the economy, stupid."

Campaign slogan in 2008: "It's about race, stupid."

bkkcoh
07-31-2008, 10:34 AM
That Ludacris "song" isn't going to win him any votes.

and he already has about 98% support in that demographic. He can't gain too much more from there....

HolmeZz
07-31-2008, 10:43 AM
I don't know how any of you r-tards can even deny this. We just had a 15 page thread on the issue of f*cking reparations. There's no issue some of you won't use to try and scare white people with.

Taco John
07-31-2008, 11:06 AM
McCain is running one of the most negative campaigns of this generation (if not *the* most).

Donger
07-31-2008, 11:08 AM
I don't know how any of you r-tards can even deny this. We just had a 15 page thread on the issue of f*cking reparations. There's no issue some of you won't use to try and scare white people with.

I love it. Barack Hussein talks about reparations and "we" get blamed for it?

Taco John
07-31-2008, 11:15 AM

You were one of the folks presenting one of the most dishonest arguments on the subject. I don't belive that you take on it was overtly racist by any means. But it was definitely dishonest.

Donger
07-31-2008, 11:17 AM
You were one of the folks presenting one of the most dishonest arguments on the subject. I don't belive that you take on it was overtly racist by any means. But it was definitely dishonest.

Dishonest? How?

IIRC, I messed up and wrote "more" instead of "good." That was an honest mistake.

memyselfI
07-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Despicable. What a uniter!

I agree. I tend to think that NObama will end up making GWB look effective in uniting the country.

banyon
07-31-2008, 11:46 AM

he doesn’t look like the other presidents on the currency, he’s a got a funny name.’”

How dare Obama accuse people of doing that!

Donger
07-31-2008, 11:48 AM
How dare Obama accuse people of doing that!

I assume that by saying, "doesn’t look like the other presidents on the currency," Barack Hussein is referring directly to his mixed race, yes?

banyon
07-31-2008, 11:51 AM
I assume that by saying, "doesn’t look like the other presidents on the currency," Barack Hussein is referring directly to his mixed race, yes?

I didn't comment on that, but thanks though.

Donger
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
I didn't comment on that, but thanks though.

And my comment was about reparations.

Donger
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Anyway, the only person who I see mentioning Barack Hussein's race is Barack Hussein.

* EDIT - Actually, now that I think about it, some of his followers do as well.

Donger
07-31-2008, 12:04 PM

Apparently, Barack Hussein was referring to something else, according to his campaign. Who speaks for Barack Hussein, anyway?

"An Obama spokesman denied that the line about "dollar bills" was related to the Democrat's race"

and

Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs said Thursday that the senator was not referring to race.

"What Barack Obama was talking about was that he didn't get here after spending decades in Washington," Gibbs said. "There is nothing more to this than the fact that he was describing that he was new to the political scene. He was referring to the fact that he didn't come into the race with the history of others. It is not about race."

You've got to be kidding me...

patteeu
07-31-2008, 12:30 PM

People can't even talk about reparations and bemoan the fact that Obama refuses to give a direct and honest answer when questioned about them without being smeared as racists? That can't be what you mean.

patteeu
07-31-2008, 12:32 PM

I'm sure he was talking about powdered wigs and 18th/19th century attire.

***SPRAYER
07-31-2008, 12:32 PM
People can't even talk about reparations and bemoan the fact that Obama refuses to give a direct and honest answer when questioned about them without being smeared as racists? That can't be what you mean.

Stop it, you're scaring me!

HolmeZz
07-31-2008, 12:54 PM

Reparations aren't a friggin' issue. They're trying to be made into one. This country has a ton of real problems to address. Unfortunately the more the partisan climate keeps up and the more you paint Obama as some crazy irresponsible radical, the less likely the country's problems will ever be resolved. Obama's not going to convert us to communism and McCain isn't going to get us into wars with every middle-eastern country he can. The fearmongering needs to stop.

And no, irrationally trying to scare white people doesn't make you a racist. It just makes you a hack, willing to exploit pretty much anything for the desired result.

patteeu
07-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Reparations aren't a friggin' issue. They're trying to be made into one. This country has a ton of real problems to address. Unfortunately the more the partisan climate keeps up and the more you paint Obama as some crazy irresponsible radical, the less likely the country's problems will ever be resolved. Obama's not going to convert us to communism and McCain isn't going to get us into wars with every middle-eastern country he can. The fearmongering needs to stop.

And no, irrationally trying to scare white people doesn't make you a racist. It just makes you a hack, willing to exploit pretty much anything for the desired result.

Reparations is an issue for the radical left and there are a lot of people in that group who reasonably believe that Obama is their guy. Obama could easily put an end to the speculation by simply addressing the issue in a direct and honest way.

HolmeZz
07-31-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks for proving my point.

Calcountry
07-31-2008, 01:46 PM

Campaign slogan in 2008: "It's about race, stupid."I disagree, it is about Oil stupid.

Calcountry
07-31-2008, 01:48 PM
I don't know how any of you r-tards can even deny this. We just had a 15 page thread on the issue of f*cking reparations. There's no issue some of you won't use to try and scare white people with.This assumes that white people are easily scared. You have got to quit overgeneralizing about white people, some might think this is racism.

***SPRAYER
07-31-2008, 01:49 PM
This assumes that white people are easily scared. You have got to quit overgeneralizing about white people, some might think this is racism.

Chocolate rain, made me cross the street the other day

Calcountry
07-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Just words, just speeches.

RaiderH8r
07-31-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm sure he was talking about powdered wigs and 18th/19th century attire.

If he wasn't talking about race then he's got nothing to talk about in this quote. Outside of race, he looks as much like anybody else printed on our paper currency....male. So either he was talking about race or he's an idiot...or both.

VAChief
07-31-2008, 02:02 PM

Overt racism/prejudices aren't really a problem anymore. It is the more subtle, tongue in cheek, behind closed doors type that really hasn't changed in this country.

HolmeZz
07-31-2008, 02:13 PM
This assumes that white people are easily scared. You have got to quit overgeneralizing about white people, some might think this is racism.

:spock:

Only in your logic does "trying to scare white people" = "white people are easily scared".

You can try and scare any group of people with silly wedge issues. White people aren't immune from that.

RaiderH8r
07-31-2008, 02:19 PM

Only in your logic does "trying to scare white people" = "white people are easily scared".

You can try and scare any group of people with silly wedge issues. White people aren't immune from that.

In fact, white people are immune from being scared by silly wedge issues. It's an overwhelming sense of unfounded guilt that usually trips white people up.

Donger
07-31-2008, 03:12 PM
So, what's the consensus, Barack Hussein followers? Was he referring to his race with his comment, or do you buy his campaign's bizarre explanation?

memyselfI
07-31-2008, 03:24 PM
So, what's the consensus, Barack Hussein followers? Was he referring to his race with his comment, or do you buy his campaign's bizarre explanation?

Don't expect any answers on this because they are too busy waiting for the NObama campaign talking points.

HolmeZz
07-31-2008, 03:41 PM

Of course he was referring to his race(and his youthfullness and his name IMO). That is part of what is being to used to scare people about him.

Donger
07-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Of course he was referring to his race(and his youthfullness and his name IMO). That is part of what is being to used to scare people about him.

Thank you. Why do you think the Barack Hussein campaign disagrees?

HolmeZz
07-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Thank you. Why do you think the Barack Hussein campaign disagrees?

Because they don't want this silly back-and-forth to turn into more debate than it deserves(which has already been too much).

I'm surprised Pat hasn't defended Obama on this. According to him, the Clintons were falsely victimized by claims of playing the race card.

Donger
07-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Because they don't want this silly back-and-forth to turn into more debate than it deserves(which has already been too much).

I'm surprised Pat hasn't defended Obama on this. According to him, the Clintons were falsely victimized by claims of playing the race card.

Well, maybe Barack Hussein should stop bringing it up?

HolmeZz
07-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Well, maybe Barack Hussein should stop bringing it up?

As long as there are people continuing to call him 'Barack Hussein', it's already being brought up.

Donger
07-31-2008, 04:02 PM
As long as there are people continuing to call him 'Barack Hussein', it's already being brought up.

Huh? I fail to see how using his name is equivalent to bringing up his race.

HolmeZz
07-31-2008, 04:03 PM
Huh? I fail to see how using his name is equivalent to bringing up his race.

I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF HUSSEIN

Donger
07-31-2008, 04:06 PM
I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF HUSSEIN

You aren't going to vote for him?

Calcountry
07-31-2008, 04:12 PM

You can try and scare any group of people with silly wedge issues. White people aren't immune from that.You mean like when they did that ad, that said Bush was responsible for dragging that girls daddy, ALL OVER AGAIN, because he didn't sign hate crimes legislation?

Or, the "When you don't vote, another church is burned" ad?

yeah, I get it. This kind of politics sucks hard.

Calcountry
07-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Well, maybe Barack Hussein should stop bringing it up?Barack Hussein is running out of race cards.

HolmeZz
07-31-2008, 04:16 PM
You aren't going to vote for him?

WEST VIRGINIA: NO INTERVIEWS PLZ

<embed FlashVars="videoId=168561" src='http://www.thedailyshow.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>

Thig Lyfe
07-31-2008, 04:28 PM
I haven't been reading meme's posts lately. We've concluded that she's a racist, yes?

HolmeZz
07-31-2008, 04:29 PM
I haven't been reading meme's posts lately. We've concluded that she's a racist, yes?

Do you think Barack Obama would win as an Arab?!?!?!?!?

memyselfI
07-31-2008, 04:37 PM

HOLMEZ has but he's drunk on NObamade. He's spewing their upcoming talking points that will be widely disseminated when they realize they are not going to win and start saying it's because he's black.

banyon
07-31-2008, 04:40 PM
And my comment was about reparations.

Yeah, I wan't commenting on the red herring about reparations, I was just using your quote to show the irony that people would complain about what he said in the quote and then do the same thing he's talking about in the thread where they are complaining (viz., your perpetual need to point out that he has a funny name and is different from prior officeholders).

***SPRAYER
08-01-2008, 06:23 AM
http://obama.senate.gov/speech/060614-remarks_of_sena_7/

Remarks of Senator Barack Obama: Take Back America
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Printable Format
As prepared for delivery
Washington, DC

Thank you. Thank you Roger Hickey and Bob Borosage for bringing us all together today and thank you for your leadership in the cause of a more progressive America.

My friends, we meet here today at a time where we find ourselves at a crossroads in America's history.

It's a time where you can go to any town hall or street corner or coffee shop and hear people express the same anxiety about the future; hear them convey the same uncertainty about the direction we're headed as a country. Whether it's the war or Katrina or their health care or their jobs, you hear people say that we've finally arrived at a moment where something must change.

These are Americans who still believe in an America where anything's possible - they just don't think their leaders do. These are Americans who still dream big dreams -they just sense their leaders have forgotten how.

I remember when I first ran for the state Senate - my very first race. A seat had opened up, and some friends asked me if I'd be interested in running. Well, I thought about it, and then I did what every wise man does when faced with a difficult decision: I prayed, and I asked my wife.

And after consulting with these higher powers, I threw my hat in the ring and I did what every person on a campaign does - I talked to anyone who'd listen.

I went to bake sales and barber shops and if there were two guys standing on the corner I'd pull up and hand them literature. And everywhere I went I'd get two questions:

First, they'd ask, "Where'd you get that funny name, Barack Obama?" Because people just couldn't pronounce it. They'd call me "Alabama," or they'd call me "Yo Mama." And I'd have to explain that I got the name from my father, who was from Kenya.

And the second thing people would ask me was, "You seem like a nice young man.

You teach law school, you're a civil rights attorney, you organize voter registration, you're a family man - why would you wanna go into something dirty and nasty like politics?"

And I understood the question because it revealed the cynicism people feel about public life today. That even though we may get involved out of civic obligation every few years, we don't always have confidence that government can make a difference in our lives.

So I understand the cynicism. But whenever I get in that mood, I think about something that happened to me on the eve of my election to the United States Senate.

We had held a large rally the night before in the Southside of Chicago, which is where I live. And in the midst of this rally, someone comes up to me and says that there's a woman who'd like to come meet you, and she's traveled a long way and she wants to take a picture and shake your hand.

And so I said fine, and I met her, and we talked.

And all of this would have been unremarkable except for the fact that this woman, Marguerite Lewis, was born in 1899 and was 105 years old.

And ever since I met this frail, one-hundred-and-five-year-old African-American woman who had found the strength to leave her house and come to a rally because she believed that her voice mattered, I've thought about all she's seen in her life.

I've thought about the fact that when she was born, there weren't cars on the road, and no airplanes in the sky. That she was born under the cloud of Jim Crow, free in theory but still enslaved in so many ways. That she was born at a time for black folks when lynchings were not uncommon, but voting was.
I've thought about how she lived to see a world war and a Great Depression and a second world war, and how she saw her brothers and uncles and nephews and cousins coming home from those wars and still have to sit at the back of a bus.
And I thought about how she saw women finally win the right to vote. And how she watched FDR lift this nation out of fear and send millions to college on the GI Bill and lift millions out of poverty with Social Security. How she saw unions rise up and a middle-class prosper, and watched immigrants leave distant shores in search of an idea known as America.

She believed in this idea with all her heart and she saw this progress around her and she had faith that someday it would be her turn. And when she finally she saw hope breaking through the horizon in the Civil Rights Movement, she thought, "Maybe it's my turn."

memyselfI
08-01-2008, 06:32 AM
http://obama.senate.gov/speech/060614-remarks_of_sena_7/

Remarks of Senator Barack Obama: Take Back America
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Printable Format
As prepared for delivery
Washington, DC

I've said it for MONTHS, NObama is burning the race candle on both ends FROM THE BEGINNING and at some point it's going to blow up in his face. I remember posting how HE was playing the race card when he originally made the 'did I mention he's black' comment in FL. I'm still trying to find the thread.

***SPRAYER
08-01-2008, 06:34 AM
I've said it for MONTHS, NObama is burning the race candle on both ends FROM THE BEGINNING and at some point it's going to blow up in his face. I remember posting how HE was playing the race card when he originally made the 'did I mention he's black' comment in FL. I'm still trying to find the thread.

No doubt. He keeps creating strawmen where none exists. The source of all these attacks is him.

And let's not forget the smear on Hillary's campaign in Indiana when they put out that doctored youtube video of Mickey (I forget his last name) calling Indiana people white >>>>ers.

SBK
08-01-2008, 06:36 AM
The dialogue in this section of the site sucks, but watching the true believers defend Obama is the greatest entertainment I've had in years. The should add mental gymnastics to the Olympics, the US would be sure to win gold.

***SPRAYER
08-01-2008, 06:38 AM
mental gymnastics

Nobody beats a lib when it comes to cognitive dissonance.

memyselfI
08-01-2008, 06:38 AM
Now, it makes sense. :doh!:

http://media.gallup.com/poll/graphs/080731DailyUpdateGraph1_pcmrtyb.gif
Today's results are based on Gallup Poll Daily tracking from July 28-30.

SBK
08-01-2008, 06:55 AM
Now, it makes sense. :doh!:

The sad thing is that with McCain being the nominee the democrats should be up by 20%.

memyselfI
08-01-2008, 06:59 AM
The sad thing is that with McCain being the nominee the democrats should be up by 20%.

Yes, and NObama and Dean & Co. will have to live with the fall out of that fact when McCain wins and the Democratic party is read it's last rites.

MTG#10
08-02-2008, 11:22 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g234/Andrightlyso/racecard.jpg

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 05:15 PM

Where's Donger?

:)

HolmeZz
10-06-2008, 03:17 PM
AND SO IT BEGINS

HolmeZz
10-06-2008, 03:18 PM

Campaign slogan in 2008: "It's about race, stupid."

This quote couldn't be any more hilarious right now.

patteeu
10-06-2008, 08:32 PM
AND SO IT BEGINS

Was there something that happened today that led you to bump this thread?