PDA

View Full Version : Elections What is scarey is Obama actually believes ...

HonestChieffan
07-31-2008, 07:07 AM
An America under meglomaniac Obama, BabyMama Obama, Pelosi and Reid.....ponder that in your quiet moments....

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/07/truly_totally_frightening_megl.html

July 30, 2008
Truly, totally frightening Megalomania from Obama
Yes we joke around about the messiah's "Messiah" complex here at AT. No one can run for President without at least being a little full of themselves.

But then I read this piece by Jonathon Weisman at The Trail in WaPo and nearly spit up my coffee. I must confess to a momentary feeling of panic - as if I had fallen off a cliff and didn't know how far down the bottom was.

We can't seriously be contemplating electing this megalomaniac president, can we?

In his closed door meeting with House Democrats Tuesday night, presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama delivered a real zinger, according to a witness, suggesting that he was beginning to believe his own hype.

Obama was waxing lyrical about last week's trip to Europe, when he concluded, according to the meeting attendee, "this is the moment, as Nancy [Pelosi] noted, that the world is waiting for."

The 200,000 souls who thronged to his speech in Berlin came not just for him, he told the enthralled audience of congressional representatives. "I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions," he said, according to the source.

On Wednesday morning, House leadership aides pushed back against interpretations of this comment as self-aggrandizing, saying that when the presumptive Democratic nominee said, "I have become a symbol of the possibility of America," he was actually trying to deflect attention from himself.

Of course they tried to "push back" against this type of talk from the candidate. The press has successfully downplayed Obama's similar remarks in the past. But there is no mistaking the fact that Barack Obama actually believes that his candidacy is the "moment the world has been waiting for" and that he is the embodiment of "America returning to our best traditions."

His supporters will accuse us of being upset about Obama, the uppity n****er. Frankly that's hogwash. if John McCain started to go around believing his was what the world had been waiting for, I would feel just as depressed as when Obama utters it.

How long can the press keep covering for this guy?

banyon
07-31-2008, 08:05 AM
Are you intentionally spelling 'scary' as 'scarey'? I've seen it a few times now in your posting.

Ultra Peanut
07-31-2008, 08:18 AM
B-b-b-b-but I thought the media was biased FOR Obama? How does this WaPo hack job fit into your oh-so-elegant narrative, HCF?

And sure, that line Milbank is using to fuel the whole retarded article has been chopped to bits and reassembled into Frankenstein's monster (http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/07/account_of_presumptious_obama.php), but I know that you're just going to say, "hurrhurrhurr, how come you Obama lovers keep talkin' bout context, hurrhurrhurrrrrrr," and it's never going to penetrate your thick skull.

"His entire point of that riff was that the campaign IS NOT about him. The Post left out the important first half of the sentence, which was something along the lines of: 'It has become increasingly clear in my travel, the campaign, that the crowds, the enthusiasm, 200,000 people in Berlin, is not about me at all. It's about America. I have just become a symbol ... ."

patteeu
07-31-2008, 09:18 AM
If you fall off a cliff and have time to wonder about how far down the bottom is, does it really matter?

RaiderH8r
07-31-2008, 09:56 AM
B-b-b-b-but I thought the media was biased FOR Obama? How does this WaPo hack job fit into your oh-so-elegant narrative, HCF?

And sure, that line Milbank is using to fuel the whole retarded article has been chopped to bits and reassembled into Frankenstein's monster (http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/07/account_of_presumptious_obama.php), but I know that you're just going to say, "hurrhurrhurr, how come you Obama lovers keep talkin' bout context, hurrhurrhurrrrrrr," and it's never going to penetrate your thick skull.

Yeah, well as a symbol it certainly makes for good print during a campaign. However, at some point this guy is going to have to actually DO something and take a position, make a stand, and enact policy. What happens to this "symbol" then? Symbols don't make good policy.

acesn8s
07-31-2008, 10:43 AM
America's best qualities?

What? Take over third world nation's land and force them to move to Oklahoma? End wars by dropping nuclear bombs? Taking major imports and throwing them into the water in the bay that the ship is docked? Whipping some other nation's ass in a time of war?

Direckshun
07-31-2008, 10:50 AM
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/07/truly_totally_frightening_megl.html
I love how you post shit from conservative websites like American Thinker and Hot Air and then bitch about bias when other people post WaPo and NYT.

Donger
07-31-2008, 10:52 AM
Barack Hussein likes symbols. I read that he removed the American flag from the tail of his campaign aircraft and replaced it with his "O" symbol.

Taco John
07-31-2008, 11:03 AM
Barack Hussein likes symbols. I read that he removed the American flag from the tail of his campaign aircraft and replaced it with his "O" symbol.

I read that he is a sleeper cell muslim ready to destroy America.

THIS! IS! HUGE!

Donger
07-31-2008, 11:06 AM
I read that he is a sleeper cell muslim ready to destroy America.

THIS! IS! HUGE!

I don't think that Barack Hussein doesn't love our country, mind you. But, I suspect that he loves himself more.

BigCatDaddy
07-31-2008, 11:26 AM
I don't think that Barack Hussein doesn't love our country, mind you. But, I suspect that he loves himself more.

WE HAVE A WINNER! And this is something that CAN NOT be said for John McCain obviously.

***SPRAYER
07-31-2008, 12:35 PM
I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions.

ROFL

NoLurkerNoMore
07-31-2008, 01:10 PM

So let it get me straigth. You love America more than yourself. You love America more than your wife and kids. Strange but admirable?

***SPRAYER
07-31-2008, 01:15 PM
http://koeln.ccc.de/archiv/drt/books/orwell-1984.jpeg

Donger
07-31-2008, 01:49 PM
So let it get me straigth. You love America more than yourself. You love America more than your wife and kids. Strange but admirable?

No, but I certainly wouldn't paint over the American flag and replace it with the symbol for me (if I had one).

VAChief
07-31-2008, 02:07 PM

You could make the same case for every American President in the last 50 years.

SNR
07-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Europe would love it if we returned back to our best traditions. That way we could continue to make great movies for them while staying on our side of the Atlantic.

HonestChieffan
07-31-2008, 05:29 PM
I love how you post shit from conservative websites like American Thinker and Hot Air and then bitch about bias when other people post WaPo and NYT.

Is not the value in the content? I have no idea what hot air site is.