PDA

View Full Version : Elections Obama leads in 3 big battlegrounds states...barely

dirk digler
07-31-2008, 08:37 AM
From Quinnipac University

Florida

Obama 46
McCain 44

Ohio

Obama 46
McCain 44

Pennslvania

Obama 49
McCain 42

It appears the off shore drilling issue is hurting him even though they like his overall energy plan better than McCain.

Also energy is now the #1 issue people care about.

***SPRAYER
07-31-2008, 08:47 AM
I don't believe any of these polls. I'm really jaded with the whole deal.

dirk digler
07-31-2008, 08:53 AM
I don't believe any of these polls. I'm really jaded with the whole deal.

I honestly don't believe them either I think Obama is going to win by double digits. :D

I understand being jaded I have been there and done that. IMHO we need more than 2 legitimate choices and we definitely need a strong 3rd party.

***SPRAYER
07-31-2008, 09:00 AM
I honestly don't believe them either I think Obama is going to win by double digits. :D

I'm thinking the opposite. If McCain wasn't such a drip, I think B.O. would get hammered. You have to keep in mind that one of the largest voting demographics are middle aged women-- and they just aint feelin' the whole Obamamania thing.

I understand being jaded I have been there and done that. IMHO we need more than 2 legitimate choices and we definitely need a strong 3rd party

I think it's too late. I really believe that within 10 years we will have a dictator.

mlyonsd
07-31-2008, 09:03 AM
I think it's too late. I really believe that within 10 years we will have a dictator.

I think in 3 months we're going to have one. Especially since he'll be tied in with a bunch of backward looking morons named Reid and Pelosi.

I bet election night they'll be wriggling around like nightcrawlers in a cup.

dirk digler
07-31-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm thinking the opposite. If McCain wasn't such a drip, I think B.O. would get hammered. You have to keep in mind that one of the largest voting demographics are middle aged women-- and they just aint feelin' the whole Obamamania thing.

The problem with that is most women will come over to Obama once they find out McCain is pro-life. Also this problem is easily rectifiable by putting Hillary on the ticket but I don't expect that to happen.

dirk digler
07-31-2008, 09:20 AM
I think in 3 months we're going to have one. Especially since he'll be tied in with a bunch of backward looking morons named Reid and Pelosi.

I bet election night they'll be wriggling around like nightcrawlers in a cup.

I bet you were happy when McCain called Pelosi an "inspiration to millions of Americans" this week.

Ultra Peanut
07-31-2008, 09:23 AM
Since this is Quinnipiac, and their CO and MN numbers last week were so off-the-wall retarded, these numbers don't count for much.

If Obama takes even one of those states, it's all but in the bag. PA looks really good, OH looks decent, and Florida... how the **** is he leading in FL, regardless of whatever idiotic metric Quinnipiac is using?

mlyonsd
07-31-2008, 10:41 AM
I bet you were happy when McCain called Pelosi an "inspiration to millions of Americans" this week.

Unfortunatley the more McCain speaks the less I respect him.

beer bacon
07-31-2008, 11:25 AM
Strategic Vision, a Republican polling firm, also just came out with Pennsylvania numbers. They have Obama up 49-40.

Pitt Gorilla
07-31-2008, 11:31 AM
I just wish people would stick to issue-related critiques. I know, I know, it's not going to happen, but I don't think either candidate deserves the personal negativity that they receive.

patteeu
07-31-2008, 01:07 PM
I just wish people would stick to issue-related critiques. I know, I know, it's not going to happen, but I don't think either candidate deserves the personal negativity that they receive.

As usual, we disagree.* (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188141) I think they both deserve it.

---------------

* (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188141) With the notable exception that be both agree that Obama owes us a direct and honest answer to the question about whether he supports reparations.

***SPRAYER
07-31-2008, 01:27 PM
The problem with that is most women will come over to Obama once they find out McCain is pro-life.

Why? I think women are pro-life, at least mothers anyway.

Pitt Gorilla
07-31-2008, 01:35 PM
With the notable exception that be both agree that Obama owes us a direct and honest answer to the question about whether he supports reparations.Liar*.

* I don't believe he "owes" me anything. You entitlement types sicken me. ;)

HolmeZz
07-31-2008, 01:37 PM
Why? I think women are pro-life, at least mothers anyway.

:spock:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/22/opinion/polls/main537570.shtml

Anyway, Obama is leading McCain in the womens vote by like 20 points in most polls.

patteeu
07-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Liar*.

* I don't believe he "owes" me anything. You entitlement types sicken me. ;)

Yeah, I posted that before you posted your response in that thread, effectively ignoring the plain truth and repealing your earlier claim that you'd hold him responsible for a direct and honest response to the reparations question. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but I can see now that I shouldn't have.