PDA

View Full Version : Football Hey DaKCMan, I was wrong about Weigmann

vailpass
07-31-2008, 05:39 PM
Looks like Nalen's knee is sore and Wiegmann is taking first string snaps right now. I told you Nalen was in camp and playing (he was 3 days ago) but now that is not true.

www.rockymountainnews.com

The belief, so far, is that Tom Nalen's sore left knee simply is a residual effect of the arthroscopic surgery he endured in June.

Still, Nalen and the Broncos are concerned enough to take pictures in the hopes of making certain all is well.

Nalen missed his third day of practice Thursday and was scheduled to undergo a magnetic resonance imaging exam Thursday afternoon.

Casey Wiegmann once again worked with the first offensive line in Nalen's absence.

"He's going to have an MRI . . . just to check everything out, make sure that there's something we haven't missed," head coach Mike Shanahan said.

"According to (trainer Steve Antonopulos), it's not the knee. It's beneath the knee, the bursa sac, that's causing him a little irritation right now. He doesn't think it's anything serious."

Nalen, beginning his 15th season with the Broncos, aggravated his left knee during the team's June mini-camp and underwent a relatively minor operation. But Nalen experienced soreness in his knee earlier this week, which kept him out of Tuesday's practice and forced an early exit after Nalen attempted to practice Wednesday morning.

"It's more preventative than anything," Shanahan said. "We'll check it out with an MRI, and hopefully everything is fine and he's just a little bit sore."

Utility man

Deberg_1990
07-31-2008, 05:43 PM
I cant wait for Casey to meet Mr. Glenn Dorsey. :)

Bowser
07-31-2008, 05:43 PM
I hate to talk shit on Casey since he was an awesome center for us, especially in Vermeil's system, but I cannot wait to see Dorsey stampede his ass. Damned dirty donkey.

Bowser
07-31-2008, 05:44 PM

Heh. Great minds.

vailpass
07-31-2008, 07:17 PM

Dorsey hasn't taken an NFL snap yet, I wouldn't expect much out of him soon. Just like anyone else he will need time to learn the ways of the league.

I can't wait to see how Dorsey fares against the blocking scheme of the Denver O line.

Braincase
07-31-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm excited about Dorsey, but concerned about Weggy's ability to chop block with effectiveness.

Skip Towne
07-31-2008, 07:22 PM

We can check out his reverse gear.

blueballs
08-01-2008, 06:28 PM
"we're not going to miss the playoffs."

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

Denver coach Mike Shanahan expects his team's first playoff berth since 2005.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Broncos coach Mike Shanahan usually keeps his public comments very tame. He never gives opponents bulletin board material.

He is purposely bland when speaking publicly. Friday, however, Shanahan got out of character a bit. While being interviewed on a Denver radio station, Shanahan said "we're not going to miss the playoffs."

After the Broncos' first practice Friday, Shanahan softened his stance somewhat.

"What I said is, No. 1, you have to be a little bit lucky, a little bit fortunate," Shanahan said. "I have some high expectations for this team and hopefully we'll get there."

Shanahan is entering his 14th season as Broncos coach. They have not made the playoffs since 2005. Shanahan has never missed the postseason three straight seasons since he's been in Denver. His players were pleased to hear Shanahan's prediction.

"I like it," cornerback Champ Bailey said.

Meanwhile, the Broncos have formally released safety John Lynch after agreeing to let him go Wednesday. He asked for his release. Lynch is hoping to land elsewhere so he can be a full-time player. Lynch was starting in Denver but was not playing in nickel and dime packages. If Lynch cannot find a full-time job, he will likely retire.

Also, Shanahan said he expects center Tom Nalen to be fine after having an MRI taken on his surgically repaired knee. Nalen is expected back to practice soon..

Chiefaholic
08-01-2008, 09:10 PM

It'll be hard for Dorsey to bull rush Casey while he's diving at his knees.

tk13
08-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah, Wiegmann's not gonna be asked to try and maul people like the last two years. Shanahan will probably have him out cutting people and working in open space.

SBK
08-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Shanahan has lost his mind. Denver is gonna win 6 games.

chiefs1111
08-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Shanahan has lost his mind. Denver is gonna win 6 games.

Im kind of surprised he is still there,I mean I know he won 2 super bowls but since then he hasn't done a damn thing

mikey23545
08-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Im kind of surprised he is still there,I mean I know <b>Elway</b> won 2 super bowls but since then he hasn't done a damn thing

FYP