PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Navy Seals dressed up as Iranians?

VAChief
07-31-2008, 07:15 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/31/cheney-proposal-for-iran-war/

I don't trust the guy, for a draft dodger he has always been a little too eager to risk other men's lives...but I can't believe he would seriously entertain these kinds of conversations.

"Bob" Dobbs
07-31-2008, 07:19 PM
The problem is too many people WILL believe it. Just because, you know, some guy SAID so.

Fishpicker
07-31-2008, 07:36 PM
yeah sure, Dick entertained the thought of dressing up Americans and killing them. But, the plan was rejected. so.... ?

SBK
07-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Cheney should have just dressed up like a count and sucked their blood.

BucEyedPea
08-01-2008, 07:42 AM
That's funny, but believable as it's not a first. Even if it was rejected...thank god for that part. I read Hitler did that on the Polish border with his soldiers before he invaded, to make it look like the Poles started things. Then he propagandized it to the German people which stirred them all up. That this is happening in America is shocking. And, even worse by a man who is only a VP, a do-less post with no power. Shocking.

RaiderH8r
08-01-2008, 10:48 AM
The problem is too many people WILL believe it. Just because, you know, some guy SAID so.

Dude, it's on the internets; it's GOT to be true.

Programmer
08-01-2008, 10:51 AM
And the liberals here claim that the conservatives will believe anything.

ROFL

Frankie
08-01-2008, 10:54 AM
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/31/cheney-proposal-for-iran-war/

I don't trust the guy, for a draft dodger he has always been a little too eager to risk other men's lives...but I can't believe he would seriously entertain these kinds of conversations.

Any reason for your trust? It's not as if he hasn't tricked us into another bogus, self-serving war.

I always thought the way Cheney and Bush do this would be to buy some Iranian citizen using lots of laundered $ to shoot a Shahab missle at an American ship in the Persian gulf. But this is just as creative and more revenue-friendly.

Donger
08-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Why would we use SEALs for that? They are far too valuable. Why not round up a bunch of congress critters, dress them up and do the same thing?

BucEyedPea
08-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Seymour Hersh, who was quoted in that piece has done a superb job on the instigation of unecessary war by this administration. So much so that his articles even run on some Old Right conservative/libertarian sites for doing such a good job. So all I can say, I wouldn't put it past these guys...it is plausible in light of all that has passed. Especially if you know who the advisors to this administration are. Just read "Clean Break" and PNAC and that they follow the philosopher Strauss—believer in the "noble lie" as the public cannot deal with the truth. No real leaps of logic there. That is unless you drink Kool-Aid and think the Matrix is real.

BucEyedPea
08-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Why would we use SEALs for that? They are far too valuable. Why not round up a bunch of congress critters, dress them up and do the same thing?

Because congresscritters are incompetent and SEALs aren't. Besides it wouldn't be a true covert action using congresscritters.

HC_Chief
08-01-2008, 11:17 AM
This thread should come with a fitted tinfoil hat

StcChief
08-01-2008, 11:24 AM
at least we don't have to worry about Iranians dressed as Navy Seals

Ari Chi3fs
08-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Regardless, Cheney needs to rot behind bars. He is a colossal cocksuck.

patteeu
08-01-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't trust the guy either. Seymour Hersh will say just about anything.

Programmer
08-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Regardless, Cheney needs to rot behind bars. He is a colossal cocksuck.

So, which parts of the U.S. Code do you feel he has violated?

"Bob" Dobbs
08-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Here's the thing. People have bad ideas from time to time whether they're elected officials or not. Obviously this idea wasn't seriously entertained; why is it a big deal? If true, it's only a dumb idea that was put down & moved past.

penchief
08-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Here's the thing. People have bad ideas from time to time whether they're elected officials or not. Obviously this idea wasn't seriously entertained; why is it a big deal? If true, it's only a dumb idea that was put down & moved past.

Yet some bad ideas like torture do get approved.

The importance of recognizing that these folks are capable of just about anything is what we can glean from this, if true. They may not have gone through with dressing up our own troops as Iranians but it's pretty clear that they are not above staging an event or lying to us in order to drag us into a war of their choice.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-01-2008, 01:17 PM
But realistically, no matter WHO'S in charge, you can count on bad ideas sprouting up. It's human nature. The true test are the bad ideas that get quashed (which, assuming it's true, this one did.)

penchief
08-01-2008, 01:22 PM
But realistically, no matter WHO'S in charge, you can count on bad ideas sprouting up. It's human nature. The true test are the bad ideas that get quashed (which, assuming it's true, this one did.)

Yeah, it's a good thing. Too bad they didn't squash that torture thing, among others.

Taco John
08-01-2008, 01:32 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/slgBrbNXrbs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/slgBrbNXrbs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ari Chi3fs
08-01-2008, 01:44 PM
America **** YEAH!

BucEyedPea
08-01-2008, 01:57 PM

No that's Cheney.

Frankie
08-01-2008, 02:03 PM

Why?

Frankie
08-01-2008, 02:05 PM

I thought there was still hope for you patteeu, when I read the first sentence. I thought you meant Cheney.