PDA

View Full Version : Video Games The tide is turning

Mr. Flopnuts
07-31-2008, 11:38 PM
Craigslist is my proof. On the Seattle page, dozens of people are begging for someone to trade them a PS3 for their shitty Xbox 360. The good news is, when your 5th 360 finally craps out, you can always amend your horrible decision.

But PS3 still sucks..........

Mr. Flopnuts
07-31-2008, 11:40 PM
I remember my 360. It was great. I never had a problem in the world with it for over a year. Then, the day Halo 3 came out there were suckers everywhere on craigslist offering straight up trades for PS3's. I came up golden on my 360 on craigslist, then parlayed that shit into an awesome PS3 package.

I've never regretted it a day in my life. Have you?

Guru
07-31-2008, 11:55 PM
Trading in an entire system just to play a game? Nuts.

MadMax
08-01-2008, 12:04 AM
I remember my 360. It was great. I never had a problem in the world with it for over a year. Then, the day Halo 3 came out there were suckers everywhere on craigslist offering straight up trades for PS3's. I came up golden on my 360 on craigslist, then parlayed that shit into an awesome PS3 package.

I like my PS3 also Mike :) Do you have Road to The Show ? I love that game. Also play NBA 2k8, GTA4 and Madden 08. Thinking of buying NCAA 09 ATM, also waiting for the MMA game and Face Breaker to come out. Any recomendations??? I also swap games with my son so I play CD4 and stuff like that occasionaly. I had to return my PS3 after a corrupt hard drive failure, but it was under warranty. I know coulda reformated the drive but wtf? I just don't turn it off now.

Guru
08-01-2008, 12:23 AM
I like my PS3 also Mike :) Do you have Road to The Show ? I love that game. Also play NBA 2k8, GTA4 and Madden 08. Thinking of buying NCAA 09 ATM, also waiting for the MMA game and Face Breaker to come out. Any recomendations??? I also swap games with my son so I play CD4 and stuff like that occasionaly. I had to return my PS3 after a corrupt hard drive failure, but it was under warranty. I know coulda reformated the drive but wtf? I just don't turn it off now.

You never turn it off? Really?

QuikSsurfer
08-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Good thread.

Mr Luzcious
08-01-2008, 12:33 AM

Yes, I have regretted your decision many times.

MadMax
08-01-2008, 12:38 AM
You never turn it off? Really?

I just don't turn it off in back I shut it down with the the controller. Is that a problem? If it overheats I just hose it down with the garden hose :) lol

Guru
08-01-2008, 12:49 AM
I just don't turn it off in back I shut it down with the the controller. Is that a problem? If it overheats I just hose it down with the garden hose :) lol

Ahhh, gotcha. When you said "never turn it off" I took that to mean you keep it constantly on at full power. You do let it go to low power mode though which is normal.

MadMax
08-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Ahhh, gotcha. When you said "never turn it off" I took that to mean you keep it constantly on at full power. You do let it go to low power mode though which is normal.

Yeah lol, I was hoping that was ok since I hear others do it. I have a feeling one of my kids shut off the power when something was writing to the HD so I made a new rule lol

Guru
08-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Yeah lol, I was hoping that was ok since I hear others do it. I have a feeling one of my kids shut off the power when something was writing to the HD so I made a new rule lol

Yeah, as long as those damn firmware and game updates can take, I always worry about that random power outage. Wish PS3 didn't work like that.

MadMax
08-01-2008, 01:09 AM
Yeah, as long as those damn firmware and game updates can take, I always worry about that random power outage. Wish PS3 didn't work like that.

Heck Ya there is definately a potential for disaster :( I might have to invest in a component that allows me to reformat the hd from my computer.

TrickyNicky
08-01-2008, 01:09 AM
Which tide would that be exactly?

Wii Overtakes Xbox 360 as New US 'Console Leader,' June NPD Sales Data Arrives
by Chris Faylor and Nick Breckon Jul 17, 2008 6:28pm CST tags: NPD, Software Sales, Hardware Sales
The NPD Group today released its monthly sales results for US video game software and hardware sales across June.

Kojima Productions' Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots lead the way on the software side with nearly a million total units sold, while the Nintendo DS and Wii continued to dominate hardware sales.

According to Nintendo, today's data shows that the overall US install base for the Wii is nearly 10.9 million units, making the Wii the "new console leader in the US" and reaffirming it status as the worldwide console leader.

Taking today's figures into account, the Xbox 360 has sold a total of 10.4 million units in the United States since launch. As of April 2008, the Wii had sold 24.5 million units worldwide, while the Xbox 360 had moved 19 million.

Meanwhile, June hardware sales in the United States were as follows:

Nintendo DS - 783,000 units
Wii - 666,700 units
PlayStation 3 - 405,500 units
PSP - 337,4000 units
Xbox 360 - 219,800 units
PlayStation 2 - 188,800 units

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53754

Fruit Ninja
08-01-2008, 03:08 AM
I got both ps3 and xbox 360. For 4 hours of gaming on my xbox i put 1 in on my PS3. lol

Mr. Flopnuts
08-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Good thread.

Yeah. I was stoned and got PS3 retarded. I'd say it won't happen again, but frankly, it probably will.