PDA

View Full Version : Music Heard the Chinese Democracy Demos

Jawshco
08-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey all. I listened to some of the Chinese Democracy demos yesterday, and I can see why they've taken so long to come out. It wasn't the official finished copy that I've heard some folks claim to have, and a few of the songs were recorded live. So some of you may have heard something more current.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting, but a bit erratic and unfocused. The guitar work (I've heard it's Buckethead) was amazing- as good as Slash if not better, but the use of synth and pop-ish beats gave the whole thing a very experimental flavor (had me wondering if Axel has starting hanging out with Mike Patton). I usually like that kind of music, but I felt like these recordings lacked direction, but the musicianship was very good. Axel sounded great, despite having very few effective vocal hooks in these songs.

So my reaction is mediocre so far, but again- I realize that these recordings are 'unfinished'. All the same, I can't wait to hear the new song that's due out on Rock Band. Oddly, it wasn't on the demo that I heard. Probably the best songs on it were Chinese Democracy & Madagascar.

Has anyone else heard these recordings?

Laters,

-Jawsh.

Stinger
08-27-2008, 07:53 PM
test

jlscorpio
08-27-2008, 08:49 PM
stay down, bitch(Axl)

Ari Chi3fs
08-27-2008, 09:42 PM
I downloaded these things back off IRC back in 2002.

Ari Chi3fs
08-27-2008, 09:43 PM
This thread was an Epic Fail though, huh?

chagrin
08-30-2008, 04:59 PM
yawn

Jawshco
09-01-2008, 12:39 AM
This thread was an Epic Fail though, huh?

Yup...oh, well. I was just looking for some feedback from other folks who'd heard the thing, but no biggie...:shake: