PDA

View Full Version : Economics The simplicity of O-Bots

***SPRAYER
08-02-2008, 06:43 AM
A large demographic of B.O. supporters are first time voters 18-23 years old. These young people have NEVER EXPERIENCED AN ECONOMIC DOWN CYCLE.

They do not realize that these things happen. What they have been indoctrinated with for the past 8 years that this is President Bush's fault. Indeed, everything wrong in the world today is President Bush's fault.

They have also been indoctrinated with the idea that McCain = McSame.

In their fragile eggshell minds, they are convinced that things will not get better unless B.O. is elected POTUS.

Well, I don't want to short circuit any wires in your brains kids, but thats just not true.

Things can get alot worse if B.O. becomes president. The frightening thing about that is with B.O. the damage will be permanent.

I have to be candid here, a part of me almost wants B.O. to win just so you can see what real pain and suffering feels like.

I suggest you kids get to a library and get some personal accounts of the Soviet Union and Red China. A good start would be A Single Tear by Wu Ningkun. Depending on your level of indoctrination, you may even be able to recognize the teqnique's employed by the Red Chinese are similar--nay almost identical-- to the political correctness ideology enforced on American college campuses. Sadly, most of you are fish in water who won't realize it until somebody pulls you out of the water and the irony is that at that moment of realization you drop dead because you can no longer breathe.

WAKE THE F UP!!!

Friendo
08-02-2008, 07:22 AM
translation: the world is changing, and my way doesn't work anymore-I'm a pitiful dinosaur.

***SPRAYER
08-02-2008, 07:25 AM
translation: the world is changing, and my way doesn't work anymore-I'm a pitiful dinosaur.

:)

The world is always changing.

Friendo
08-02-2008, 07:34 AM
:)

The world is always changing.

I'm just following along with the Professor's lecture, and line of reasoning: "These young people have NEVER EXPERIENCED AN ECONOMIC DOWN CYCLE."

so this is a normal "DOWN CYCLE"?

***SPRAYER
08-02-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm just following along with the Professor's lecture, and line of reasoning: "These young people have NEVER EXPERIENCED AN ECONOMIC DOWN CYCLE."

so this is a normal "DOWN CYCLE"?

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Friendo
08-02-2008, 07:45 AM
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

nuff said-you win!:clap:

***SPRAYER
08-02-2008, 08:28 AM
nuff said-you win!:clap:

To everything, turn, turn, turn. There is a season, turn, turn, turn.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2008, 08:36 AM
WAKE THE F UP!!!no u

wazu
08-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Things can get alot worse if B.O. becomes president. The frightening thing about that is with B.O. the damage will be permanent.

And this, in effect, is why I lean Republican, even though they are a big government party not all that different from the Democrats. Republican screw-ups are easier to clean up.

As far as long-term damage to our country, I believe nothing compares to the introduction of Social Security as an entitlement. It will suffocate us for decades to come, and since everybody is afraid to fix it, will most likely drive our government and country into gradually worse financial position as "Senior care" becomes an increasing burden on taxpayers. This was a classic Democrat venture, resulting in unintended consequences from a desire to "do good". The mistake was made 70 years ago, but the pain compounds annually.

Friendo
08-02-2008, 09:01 AM
And this, in effect, is why I lean Republican, even though they are a big government party not all that different from the Democrats. Republican screw-ups are easier to clean up.

As far as long-term damage to our country, I believe nothing compares to the introduction of Social Security as an entitlement. It will suffocate us for decades to come, and since everybody is afraid to fix it, will most likely drive our government and country into gradually worse financial position as "Senior care" becomes an increasing burden on taxpayers. This was a classic Democrat venture, resulting in unintended consequences from a desire to "do good". The mistake was made 70 years ago, but the pain compounds annually.

I hope and pray that the media will frame the debate in the home stretch, something like this: you basically have two (team) choices, predicated on the premise that the problems the next "team" will face are extremely complex, and will require co-operation from both sides, and creative solutions...and both choices are based on hope that the chosen one will "do the right thing, and reject the extreme/rigid wings of their Party, and choose solutions that work best for the whole".

personally, I believe both Candidates would seek co-operation and consensus to the degree possible--certainly more than the current abomination. As to creative solutions, I don't believe either the Candidate, or the Republican Party as a whole is really capable, or truly interested of being the lead on dat.
Better to leave all that stuff to the "free-market". The job the next Prez faces will require a combination of steadfast pragmatism, and determined creativity. I believe BO is better suited to that task.

Direckshun
08-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Attacking the voters. Nice.

It's almost like you're losing faith in democracy.

chiefforlife
08-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Seriously, these kids need to wake up!
We CAN continue to cut taxes, keep spending out of control, wage wars on whomever we want, just print more money. Lets just keep doing what were doing, ITS WORKING! Stupid Kids!

Taco John
08-02-2008, 10:40 AM

http://messengerandadvocate.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/iraq-war.jpg

"EASY FOR YOU TO SAY, INTERNET BOY!"

Reaper16
08-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Wow. SHTSPRAYER has ascended to the title of "The Midnight_Vulture of DC" with this thread. Good stuff.

Direckshun
08-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I was going to post pictures of Nixon and Ira-Contra, but didn't feel the need.

***SPRAYER
08-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Seriously, these kids need to wake up!
We CAN continue to cut taxes, keep spending out of control, wage wars on whomever we want, just print more money. Lets just keep doing what were doing, ITS WORKING! Stupid Kids!

See, I thought all of those problems were going to be corrected in 2006 when the Dem's took over the house and Senate.

markk
08-02-2008, 10:58 AM
A large demographic of B.O. supporters are first time voters 18-23 years old. These young people have NEVER EXPERIENCED AN ECONOMIC DOWN CYCLE.

It was the same way in 92 or so. according to the media the economy was the worst since the great depression. Even at that time, we'd already forgotten 12 years before during the Jimmy Carter plague the economy was much worse than the small recession in the early 90s.

Same story now. We're practically at full employment in this country and the local newspaper is running a story about how everyone in town is out of work.

Most people just take the media the same way they take a dictionary.

***SPRAYER
08-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Wow. SHTSPRAYER has ascended to the title of "The Midnight_Vulture of DC" with this thread. Good stuff.\

Shitsprayer is the name, kicking Moonbat ass is my game.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2008, 11:03 AM
See, I thought all of those problems were going to be corrected in 2006 when the Dem's took over the house and Senate.(THIS POST HAS BEEN VETOED BY THE ADMINISTRATOR)

chiefforlife
08-02-2008, 11:20 AM
See, I thought all of those problems were going to be corrected in 2006 when the Dem's took over the house and Senate.

Although I am disappointed more wasnt done, I wasnt Naive enough to think all those problems could be fixed by a Democratic congress.

chiefforlife
08-02-2008, 11:30 AM
It was the same way in 92 or so. according to the media the economy was the worst since the great depression. Even at that time, we'd already forgotten 12 years before during the Jimmy Carter plague the economy was much worse than the small recession in the early 90s.

Same story now. We're practically at full employment in this country and the local newspaper is running a story about how everyone in town is out of work.

Most people just take the media the same way they take a dictionary.

What are you talking about? Were at full employment?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/careers/bal-bz.economy02aug02,0,560214.story

"The rough job market worsened in July, with the unemployment rate rising to 5.7 percent from 5.5 percent in June, its highest level since March 2004."

"All told, there were 8.8 million unemployed people in July, up from 7.1 million last year. The jobless rate last July stood at 4.7 percent."

Keep your head in the sand. It makes it easier to defend your position.

HolmeZz
08-02-2008, 11:33 AM
So let me get this straight.

Bush f*cks up really bad as President, but it's not really his fault.

Elect Obama and he f*cks up, it's his fault.

wazu
08-02-2008, 11:35 AM

Democrats are just as good at getting us into unnecessary wars.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2008, 11:35 AM
So let me get this straight.

Bush f*cks up really bad as President, but it's not really his fault.

Elect Obama and he f*cks up, it's his fault.It's not Bush's fault the he inherited a shitty economy from Clinton.

HonestChieffan
08-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Elect Obama and its the voters fault.

HolmeZz
08-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Elect Obama and its the voters fault.

You gonna apologize for voting for Bush twice?

Taco John
08-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Democrats are just as good at getting us into unnecessary wars.

I think we can probably agree that both parties suck.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2008, 11:46 AM
You gonna apologize for voting for Bush twice?Bush wasn't a bad president! Honest!

Yeah. WE'RE the Flavor-Aid guzzlers.

***SPRAYER
08-02-2008, 12:36 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wi5pn45trag&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wi5pn45trag&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HonestChieffan
08-02-2008, 12:49 PM
You gonna apologize for voting for Bush twice?

No

banyon
08-02-2008, 12:54 PM
\

Shitsprayer is the name, kicking Moonbat ass is my game.

It's been mostly whistling Dixie so far.

HolmeZz
08-02-2008, 01:17 PM
No

Then I think you have very little to no room to talk about who anybody else votes for.

HonestChieffan
08-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Then I think you have very little to no room to talk about who anybody else votes for.

I didnt nominate Kerry. I didnt nomnate Gore.

Dont blame the republicans who had a better candidate than the democrats twice in a row.

And now you have Phoney-O.

HolmeZz
08-02-2008, 02:26 PM
I didnt nominate Kerry. I didnt nomnate Gore.

Dont blame the republicans who had a better candidate than the democrats twice in a row.

And now you have Phoney-O.

You voted for Clinton over Dole?

HonestChieffan
08-02-2008, 02:29 PM
no

wazu
08-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I think we can probably agree that both parties suck.

There are still a number of Republicans not named Ron Paul that I support, although mostly at the state level. When there are only two parties running for a position, I go with the Republican, figuring they are likely to do less damage and at least err on the side of free markets. But generally, yeah, at the federal level both parties disappoint me to no end.

***SPRAYER
08-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Quantum physicist Werner Heisenberg famously posited that it is impossible to precisely measure the position and momentum of a particle simultaneously. His "uncertainty principle," in popular usage, has come to mean that any attempt to observe something changes what is being observed.