PDA

View Full Version : Football Raiders now begging people to play for them.

kstater
08-02-2008, 12:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3516068

Oakland Raiders receiver Javon Walker, struggling with his performance during training camp, told the team Thursday he intended to retire and offered to return his $11 million signing bonus.

According to a source, Raiders owner Al Davis persuaded Walker to remain with the team.

Javon Walker

Walker
Walker signed a six-year, $55 million deal with Oakland in the offseason after a trying 2007 marked by knee injury.

Walker also was reportedly abducted, beaten and robbed near the Las Vegas Strip in June.

According to police, Walker was found unconscious on a side street shortly after dawn June 16.

He was hospitalized for two days with facial injuries and a concussion and told investigators that about $3,000 in cash and $100,000 worth of jewelry were taken.

Police released a grainy surveillance videotape June 24, identifying a man in it as a second suspect after the arrest of a first suspect.

In 72 career games during six seasons with the Packers and Broncos, Walker has 252 receptions for 3,815 yards and 30 touchdowns.

CosmicPal
08-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Walker also was reportedly abducted, beaten and robbed near the Las Vegas Strip in June.

According to police, Walker was found unconscious on a side street shortly after dawn June 16.

He was hospitalized for two days with facial injuries and a concussion and told investigators that about $3,000 in cash and $100,000 worth of jewelry were taken.

Is that true?

If it is, that sux for him. He was sitting in the limo in Denver when his former teammate was shot and killed.

But, let this be a lesson to you idiots: DON'T LEAVE THE HOUSE WITH $3,000.00 IN CASH WHILE CARRYING A JEWELRY STORE AROUND YOUR WRISTS, NECKS, AND WHEREVER ELSE YOU PUT THEM.

Is it any wonder you get the sh*t kicked out of you and robbed. :shake:

the Talking Can
08-02-2008, 12:26 PM
we never sign FAs!!!

damn you carl.....

Mr. Arrowhead
08-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Walker prolly said **** this shit, this organization sucks ass

Smed1065
08-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Even 11 Million dollars of sucks.

:doh!:

JuicesFlowing
08-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Is that true?

If it is, that sux for him. He was sitting in the limo in Denver when his former teammate was shot and killed.

But, let this be a lesson to you idiots: DON'T LEAVE THE HOUSE WITH $3,000.00 IN CASH WHILE CARRYING A JEWELRY STORE AROUND YOUR WRISTS, NECKS, AND WHEREVER ELSE YOU PUT THEM.

Is it any wonder you get the sh*t kicked out of you and robbed. :shake:

Exactly. When are these clowns going to learn?

alanm
08-02-2008, 02:17 PM
My Hero!!

J Diddy
08-02-2008, 02:34 PM
My Hero!!

that's too funny

Braincase
08-02-2008, 03:33 PM
I think the first part ought to read "after a conversation with former Raiders' defensive tackle, Warren Sapp..."

the Talking Can
08-02-2008, 03:35 PM
easily one of the worst FA signings in recent memory....

Otter
08-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I think it's about time Carl & Al walk off into the sunset and use some of that money they've accumulated to do whatever blows their hair back.

Skip Towne
08-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Lookswise, Carl is just a younger Al.

Otter
08-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Lookswise, Carl is just a younger Al.

Al needs to adopt the George Castanza philosophy of signing free agents. Do the opposite of whatever he would usually.

My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents

JuicesFlowing
08-02-2008, 04:32 PM
God I hate Oakland. I wish the Chiefs felt this way, but they are too young to care about a division rival.

vailpass
08-02-2008, 04:51 PM
easily one of the worst FA signings in recent memory....

Most assuredly so. I've said it before: J-Walk is washed up, he never came back from last year's injury. He got beat out by a newb, bitched, and was cut.

The fact that greasy Al signed him is the latest, and perhaps strongest, piece of evidence that Al is mentally unfit to run an NFL franchise.

OnTheWarpath58
08-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Most assuredly so. I've said it before: J-Walk is washed up, he never came back from last year's injury. He got beat out by a newb, bitched, and was cut.

The fact that greasy Al signed him is the latest, and perhaps strongest, piece of evidence that Al is mentally unfit to run an NFL franchise.

Yep, that and giving Tommy Kelly that INSANE contract...

vailpass
08-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Yep, that and giving Tommy Kelly that INSANE contract...

OMG absolutely right I didn't even think of that. If it was anyone but the faiders I might honestly feel bad for their fans.

the Talking Can
08-02-2008, 04:59 PM

and none of this stuff was a secret....just dumb....

blueballs
08-02-2008, 05:02 PM
I don't remember who said it -may have been mortenson
"I don't want to say his camp has been an embarrassment"
"but it's been an embarrassment" -getting beat like a rented mule

rtmike
08-02-2008, 06:03 PM
ESPN also said his knee is still a little tender but Kiffin said he wants to push him to two a days. I would venture to say Kiff brings him on too quick and he gets hurt again like what happened w/ Jack Del Rio bringing that Williams WR back too soon and getting hurt.

Greasee Al should have bit the bullet and took his money. IMO.

kstater
08-02-2008, 06:05 PM
ESPN also said his knee is still a little tender but Kiffin said he wants to push him to two a days. I would venture to say Kiff brings him on too quick and he gets hurt again like what happened w/ Jack Del Rio bringing that Williams WR back too soon and getting hurt.

Greasee Al should have bit the bullet and took his money. IMO.

Kiffin's actually smart there. He wants to get this out of the way now so he doesn't have to see him gimp around when the games count.

ct
08-02-2008, 06:07 PM

QFT

rtmike
08-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Kiffin's actually smart there. He wants to get this out of the way now so he doesn't have to see him gimp around when the games count.

Either that or he's trying to make an arse out of Al's decision making.