PDA

View Full Version : Elections Phoney-O now says he did play race card

HonestChieffan
08-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Is there no limits for Obo?...Come on, like no one "got" his little race play...and when he admits he he has to drag McCain down...McCain didnt play the race card you twit, you did!

Obama Concedes Racial Dimension to 'Dollar Bill' Comments; Says McCain Campaign Not Racist, But Cynical
August 02, 2008 11:29 AM

In Cape Canaveral, Fla., this morning, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., blasted off against the attacks coming from Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

"This is the same thing that was done four years ago or eight years ago," Obama said, per ABC News' Sunlen Miller. "You guys are all familiar with this … we have seen this movie before."

Obama said, “The one thing we know about the team that John McCain's assembled -- because it's a carryover from some of the folks that worked on Bush campaigns and some of the Republican campaigns in the past -- is that they're very good at negative campaigns. They're not so good at governing. And that's why if you think about this week, what they've been good at is distraction. You've got statistics saying we've lost another 50,000 jobs. That Florida's in recession for the first time in a decade and a half. And what was being talked about were Paris and Britney."

But Obama also admitted that, despite what Obama senior adviser Robert Gibbs told reporters, there was a racial dimension to his Missouri remarks in which he said McCain and the Republicans would make an issue of the fact that he doesn't look like presidents who have been on the dollar bills.

"I don’t think it’s accurate to say that my comments have nothing to do with race," Obama said. "Here's what I was saying and I think this should be undisputed: That I don’t come out of central casting, when it comes to presidential races. For a whole range of reasons. I’m young, I’m new to the national scene, my name is Barack Obama, I am African American, I was born in Hawaii, I spent time in Indonesia. I do not have the typical biography of a presidential candidate. What that means is that I’m sort of unfamiliar and people are still trying to get a fix on who I am, where I come from, what my values are and so forth in a way that might not be true if I seemed more familiar."

"And so what I think has been an approach [of] the McCain campaign is to say, 'He’s risky,'" Obama continued. "To try to divert focus from the fact that they don’t have any new ideas when it comes to fixing the economy or dealing with health care or dealing with education. … Let me be clear: In no way do I think that John McCain’s campaign was being racist; I think they’re cynical. And I think they want to distract people from talking about the real issues. And so it’s of a piece with the Britney/Paris ad or the most recent Web site, or the allegation that somehow I wouldn’t go visit the troops unless I had reporters with me, which every reporter who was on the trip knows is absolutely not true."

John McCain’s camp responded to Obama’s remarks that the presumptive Republican nominee was running a "cynical" campaign for highlighting Barack Obama’s worldwide celebrity status.

"We're glad the Obama campaign retracted Barack Obama’s accusation because it was absolutely false, and we’re moving on," said Tucker Bounds, spokesman for John McCain 2008, in a statement. "The only 'cynical' candidate in this election is Barack Obama, who has opposed every element of John McCain's comprehensive energy plan that includes additional oil drilling, affordable nuclear energy and gas tax relief for hardworking families."

Obama said he didn't think there was a perception that he's arrogant or presumptuous, though his Republican opponents are pushing it, most recently in the McCain campaign's "The One" Web video, in which they paint him as a false messiah.

"It's not really clear exactly what it's based on," Obama said. "If I was presumptuous or taking this for granted, I wouldn't be working this hard this week.

"I'm beat," he said, laughing.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2008, 11:49 AM
There is, of course, a world of difference between playing the race card and alluding to the fact that your opponents have been doing things like making buttons with "If Obama wins, will we still call it the White House?" on them or emphasizing his middle name or talking about his terrorist fist jabs, but it's okay if your IQ is too low to understand that.

In other news, John McCain admitted that he was a blithering retard (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h6BGElNdpY2nz-fImarr0qXLqaXgD92778Q00).

Thig Lyfe
08-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Is there no limits .

chiefforlife
08-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Pretty much everyone I spoke with, from both sides, that heard Obama make that statement, thought it was funny and that he was just making a joke. Since it is a sensitive issue and isnt fair to McCain, Obama withdrew his comment. Good enough for McCain and good enough for me.

"Praise be to Obama"

HonestChieffan
08-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Are, Is....durn it. Sorry Mrs. Albert, I know you taught me far better.

Reaper16
08-02-2008, 12:10 PM
"Race card" is a phrase that has devolved into a total lack of meaning or substance anyway.

Politicians can't speak about race without being accused of "playing the race card." This thread title is misleading in that way. Obama said that his comments were partly based on race. He essentially admitted to being mixed race. But I suppose that even stating a basic fact is so far removed from typical political discourse that doing so is looked upon as a dirty strategy. A simple truth is not a card to play, it's just a simple truth.

Newsflash: race is still a significant problem in the communities of this country. If we can't begin to talk about, however constructively or deconstructively, then these wounds won't begin to heal. Apparently, you can't even point out the obvious -- that one is mixed race and different, and that their opponent will use that to some advantage -- without being accused of foulplay. That's unfortunate.

beer bacon
08-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Republicans: talking about anything except their candidate.

chiefforlife
08-02-2008, 12:15 PM

Thats for sure!

Thig Lyfe
08-02-2008, 12:51 PM

The Republicans have a candidate?

alanm
08-02-2008, 12:56 PM
The Republicans have a candidate?
Yes and he's doing surprisingly well considering he's not the ONE and he's white.
Go figure. :shrug:

Thig Lyfe
08-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Yes and he's doing surprisingly well considering he's not the ONE and he's white.

I'd say the surprise comes more from that he's running the shittiest campaign ever than the color of his skin.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Go figure. :shrug:You're bragging about being down 4-0 in the second inning.

That is awesome.

HolmeZz
08-02-2008, 01:16 PM

Obama lacks McCain's ability to get people who think he sucks to vote for him.

SBK
08-02-2008, 02:10 PM
What are you idiots arguing about? Now get the F out there and fill your tires!

Donger
08-02-2008, 04:01 PM
But Obama also admitted that, despite what Obama senior adviser Robert Gibbs told reporters, there was a racial dimension to his Missouri remarks in which he said McCain and the Republicans would make an issue of the fact that he doesn't look like presidents who have been on the dollar bills.

Good for him.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Is there no limits for Obo?

Obo? Like Or best offer?

MTG#10
08-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Awesome, two chances to use this in the same day!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g234/Andrightlyso/racecard.jpg

Smed1065
08-03-2008, 05:53 AM

He is losing and he is white?

:cuss:

All the odds against him.

:doh!:

***SPRAYER
08-03-2008, 07:28 AM
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=2174

In a related matter, Nancy Pelosi rejoiced in the fact that now only one person must die for her to be President.

StcChief
08-03-2008, 05:15 PM

In a related matter, Nancy Pelosi rejoiced in the fact that now only one person must die for her to be President.
a very scary thought.

***SPRAYER
08-03-2008, 06:09 PM
a very scary thought.

But only for three days; Obamessiah will rise from the dead.

StcChief
08-03-2008, 06:20 PM
But only for three days; Obamessiah will rise from the dead.with a group of Klansmen waiting.

alanm
08-03-2008, 06:57 PM

Barack Obama's Choice For Veep Is Barack Obama (http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=2174&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=f1ef54fcf8a356d2f62771d08b2f9bc7) <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">By BigFurHat
8/1/2008, 10:29 am</td> </tr> </tbody></table> http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/images/avatars/1682200307481175d6c397d.jpg
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/spacer.gif
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="genmed" valign="top" width="230">http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_veep_double.jpg</td> <td valign="top">In a brilliant move, which media pundits are describing as audacious, Barack Obama has chosen himself to be his own running mate. "That's how I roll," Obama told reporters in a briefly held brief briefing during the intermission of a Bon Jovi concert, after which he dropped the microphone with a loud thump. As he left the stage, members of the press corps ripped off their shirts and threw them toward the stage, while their female colleagues threw their panties, all of them experiencing what can only be described as "minimally disguised orgasms."
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> ~
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="170"> <tbody><tr> <td class="genmed" width="10">
</td> <td class="genmed" bgcolor="#eeeeee" width="150">http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Testimonials_20_150.jpg
Obama supporter: "Barack understands that we do not need anyone other than Barack." <hr></td> </tr> </tbody></table> An Obama spokesperson explained the decision as the obvious choice: "Who better understands Obama's vision of Hope and Change than Obama? I know I don't." The rhetorical question had the mainstream journalists shrugging and nodding. The celebration of unity between Obama and Obama, as well as between the mainstream media and the Democrat Party was interrupted, however, when a divisive McCain supporter asked whether the move was constitutional. She was quickly beaten to the ground by Al Franken in an idealistic attempt to stop the divisiveness, and is currently said to be in serious, but stable condition, at a Bethesda, Maryland hospital.
Feather Weinstein, an intense Obama supporter, was thrilled by the announcement. "Barack understands that we do not need anyone other than Barack," she gushed. "This is exactly what makes Barack... Barack!" After an awkward giggle she offered, "You can probably tell that I am a little high on Hopium."
Hillary Clinton commented on the stunning move in a brief telephone interview, saying "I don't know if he used a Ouija board or called Miss Cleo or whatever, but that bastard stole my idea." It was followed by the sound of several lamps thrown against the wall and a cat scurrying away, after which the phone went dead.

ROFLROFLROFL

redbrian
08-03-2008, 07:09 PM
The question I want answered is when did Barrack become an “African American”, and why.

(First off race is a political contrivance with no real meaning, in my view.)

Now why did he turn his back on his native African brothers and throw his Caucasian sisters under the bus to become “African American”.

Am I too cynical to believe it was strictly a political move………say it ain’t so Joe…..

***SPRAYER
08-03-2008, 07:13 PM
The question I want answered is when did Barrack become an “African American”, and why.

Now why did he turn his back on his native African brothers and throw his Caucasian sisters under the bus to become “African American”.

Am I too cynical to believe it was strictly a political move………say it ain’t so Joe…..

You know, that's a good question. Especially considering his Black father dumped him (in Kansas no less, with the name Barack Hussein LIFE AINT EASY FOR A BOY NAMED SUE), and his white grandparents raised him and put him through prep schools and helped him get into Columbia University.

Geez, you'd think white people did something bad to him for him to be so wacked out on Black Liberation Theology.

VAChief
08-03-2008, 07:25 PM
with a group of Klansmen waiting.

:lame:

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 07:26 PM

Read his f*cking book.

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 07:28 PM
with a group of Klansmen waiting.

Be sure to pack a few extra clean hoods in case some of your friends come unprepared.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Read his f*cking book.

Like you would find truth in a political hack book, and I don't care which side of the fence you are on. Republican, Democrate, Green Pary, what ever, those books are nothing more than an extended stump speach and bear no witness to the truth.

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Like you would find truth in a political hack book, and I don't care which side of the fence you are on. Republican, Democrate, Green Pary, what ever, those books are nothing more than an extended stump speach and bear no witness to the truth.

So you want the answer to the question you asked, but you don't want to hear it. That seems about par for the course with you.

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Like you would find truth in a political hack book.

And for what it's worth, the book is not political and was written well before Obama ever thought he'd be a national figure.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 07:46 PM
So you want the answer to the question you asked, but you don't want to hear it. That seems about par for the course with you.

I would like the real answer, and I would like it from a reliable source, and no that is not going to come from his book, nor him.

You think he is going to tell you he became "African American" for any other reason than political gain...........hey kid I got some hot property for sale in Southern Florida.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 07:47 PM
And for what it's worth, the book is not political and was written well before Obama ever thought he'd be a national figure.

Yea right.

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 07:52 PM
I would like the real answer, and I would like it from a reliable source, and no that is not going to come from his book, nor him.

:spock: Are you an idiot? What could you 'source' for an answer, other than his own words about something like that?

You think he is going to tell you he became "African American" for any other reason than political gain...........hey kid I got some hot property for sale in Southern Florida.

He didn't 'become' anything. I'm going to doubt very much that you have any idea what it's like to grow up as the product of mixed races, but if you chose to read his book like I suggested(if you truly want the answer to the question) he lays it all out very clearly. He didn't have to go around calling himself black because when people looked at him, that's what they already perceived him as. Is that simple enough for you? Because all those words in his book would probably just confuse you.

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Yea right.

LMAO

I don't even know how you can dispute that. The book was written in like 1994.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 08:10 PM
:spock: Are you an idiot? What could you 'source' for an answer, other than his own words about something like that?

He didn't 'become' anything. I'm going to doubt very much that you have any idea what it's like to grow up as the product of mixed races, but if you chose to read his book like I suggested(if you truly want the answer to the question) he lays it all out very clearly. He didn't have to go around calling himself black because when people looked at him, that's what they already perceived him as. Is that simple enough for you? Because all those words in his book would probably just confuse you.

Let’s see my experience with “mix race”.

I am very close to three cases,

Friend A,
Mother is 2nd generation full Italian, father 2nd generation full Japanese.
Father was interned briefly during WWII prior to joining the US Army to get out of the American Concentration Camps in Oregon.

Friend A, looks more like his father, considers him self to be American, not Japanese American, not Italian American.

Friend B, His father was a Black Officer in the US Air Force his mother Caucasian. He considered himself also to be just an American.
Spent 4 years in Air Force radar shake, and we often discussed these issues.

Close relative of mine…..his mother (my cousin), Caucasian, his father Haitian, now this kid is a little messed up in that he spent a lot of time in Great Brittan and identifies more with the Brits as he is one hell of a Cricket player.

I wouldn’t put much stock in any bio “written” by a politician, regardless of party it is all spin.

Hope I didn’t use to many words for you, I wouldn't want any confusion on your part.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 08:12 PM
LMAO

I don't even know how you can dispute that. The book was written in like 1994.

And you don't think he had his sites on higher politics, in 94.

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Friend A, looks more like his father, considers him self to be American, not Japanese American, not Italian American.

American's not a f*cking race.

What race would you guess Barack Obama was if you just looked at him and didn't know his background?

now this kid is a little messed up in that he spent a lot of time in Great Brittan and identifies more with the Brits

DING DING F*CKING DING

VAChief
08-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Let’s see my experience with “mix race”.

I am very close to three cases,

Friend A,
Mother is 2nd generation full Italian, father 2nd generation full Japanese.
Father was interned briefly during WWII prior to joining the US Army to get out of the American Concentration Camps in Oregon.

Friend B, His father was a Black Officer in the US Air Force his mother Caucasian. He considered himself also to be just an American.
Spent 4 years in Air Force radar shake, and we often discussed these issues.

Close relative of mine…..his mother (my cousin), Caucasian, his father Haitian, now this kid is a little messed up in that he spent a lot of time in Great Brittan and identifies more with the Brits as he is one hell of a Cricket player.

I wouldn’t put much stock in any bio “written” by a politician, regardless of party it is all spin.

Hope I didn’t use to many words for you, I wouldn't want any confusion on your part.

I see nothing political about the explanation given, unless you believe there is some inherit advantage in being an African-American candidate. I love how people use their "experiences" to explain how some else should feel.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=HolmeZz;4888760]American's not a f*cking race.

What race would you guess Barack Obama was if you just looked at him and didn't know his background?

......if you look at my cousin you would say he is African American....(which is not a race either), and which he does not identify with as he did not grow up in that community, which neither did Barack.

Race is a political contrivance.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I see nothing political about the explanation given, unless you believe there is some inherit advantage in being an African-American candidate. I love how people use their "experiences" to explain how some else should feel.

In Chicago yes it would be an advantage........I was only expounding on my "experiences" in retort to the comment that I had no notion of what it is like to be of "mixed race".

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 08:33 PM
......if you look at my cousin you would say he is African American.....

Answer the question.

(which is not a race either), and which he does not identify with

That's terrific for him. Barack decided to identify with the race he was always perceived to be.

he did not grow up in that community, which neither did Barack.

:spock: So what? You said Barack threw white people under the bus by 'becoming' black, when he actually spent his formative years in INDONESIA.

Race is a political contrivance.

Only to the retardedly cynical.

Barack has been called 'too white' by blacks, and 'too black' by whites. How can you justify that?

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 08:35 PM
In Chicago yes it would be an advantage....

:spock: Uh, your argument was that Barack had much higher goals in 1994.

And you don't think he had his sites on higher politics, in 94

Now justify the advantage of being black on the national stage, weighed against if he had 'become' white, as you want to put it.

VAChief
08-03-2008, 08:40 PM
In Chicago yes it would be an advantage........I was only expounding on my "experiences" in retort to the comment that I had no notion of what it is like to be of "mixed race".

I didn't see any first hand experience in what you wrote, and even if it was that would be your experience. You asked a question, you didn't like the answer so you started with this asinine logic... "I have this friend whose cousin once dated a half Swede, half Pigmy so I can deduce that what he said was only for political gain, even though it was pointed out to me that the book was written 14 years ago." Give it up.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Answer the question.

That's terrific for him. Barack decided to identify with the race he was always perceived to be.

:spock: So what? You said Barack threw white people under the bus by 'becoming' black, when he actually spent his formative years in INDONESIA.

Only to the retardedly cynical.

Barack has been called 'too white' by blacks, and 'too black' by whites. How can you justify that?

No I said he turned his back on his African heritage and his Caucasian heritage.

Hell if anything the man should be running as a multi-national instead of allowing himself (or positioning himself) to become pigeon holed into the “African American” slot.

If you are so naive as to believe that race is not a political contrivance, what is it based on?

How do I justify it, I don't, try to explain what "race" "hispanic" is.

TEX
08-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Barack Obama's Choice For Veep Is Barack Obama (http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=2174&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=f1ef54fcf8a356d2f62771d08b2f9bc7) <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">By BigFurHat
8/1/2008, 10:29 am</td> </tr> </tbody></table> http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/images/avatars/1682200307481175d6c397d.jpg
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/spacer.gif
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="genmed" valign="top" width="230">http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_veep_double.jpg</td> <td valign="top">In a brilliant move, which media pundits are describing as audacious, Barack Obama has chosen himself to be his own running mate. "That's how I roll," Obama told reporters in a briefly held brief briefing during the intermission of a Bon Jovi concert, after which he dropped the microphone with a loud thump. As he left the stage, members of the press corps ripped off their shirts and threw them toward the stage, while their female colleagues threw their panties, all of them experiencing what can only be described as "minimally disguised orgasms."
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> ~
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="170"> <tbody><tr> <td class="genmed" width="10">
</td> <td class="genmed" bgcolor="#eeeeee" width="150">http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Testimonials_20_150.jpg
Obama supporter: "Barack understands that we do not need anyone other than Barack." <hr></td> </tr> </tbody></table> An Obama spokesperson explained the decision as the obvious choice: "Who better understands Obama's vision of Hope and Change than Obama? I know I don't." The rhetorical question had the mainstream journalists shrugging and nodding. The celebration of unity between Obama and Obama, as well as between the mainstream media and the Democrat Party was interrupted, however, when a divisive McCain supporter asked whether the move was constitutional. She was quickly beaten to the ground by Al Franken in an idealistic attempt to stop the divisiveness, and is currently said to be in serious, but stable condition, at a Bethesda, Maryland hospital.
Feather Weinstein, an intense Obama supporter, was thrilled by the announcement. "Barack understands that we do not need anyone other than Barack," she gushed. "This is exactly what makes Barack... Barack!" After an awkward giggle she offered, "You can probably tell that I am a little high on Hopium."
Hillary Clinton commented on the stunning move in a brief telephone interview, saying "I don't know if he used a Ouija board or called Miss Cleo or whatever, but that bastard stole my idea." It was followed by the sound of several lamps thrown against the wall and a cat scurrying away, after which the phone went dead.

ROFLROFLROFL

:clap::clap:

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Hell if anything the man should be running as a multi-national instead of allowing himself (or positioning himself) to become pigeon holed into the “African American” slot.

What planet have you been living on? He's avoided being the "black" candidate and that's why he's had success. You can't win here being the "black" candidate.

Race was going to be a political obstacle whether Barack identified more closely with the black community or not. It's reality. All you have to do is look at him. You think people would've never paid attention to his race? LMAO Who are you, Stephen Colbert?

redbrian
08-03-2008, 09:10 PM
I didn't see any first hand experience in what you wrote, and even if it was that would be your experience. You asked a question, you didn't like the answer so you started with this asinine logic... "I have this friend whose cousin once dated a half Swede, half Pigmy so I can deduce that what he said was only for political gain, even though it was pointed out to me that the book was written 14 years ago." Give it up.

I never received an answer; I was told the answer was in his book.

I stated I did not deem his book a viable location for the answer which I was seeking.

If you believe that Barrack did not have political aspirations 14 years ago when he wrote the book, that is your opinion which baring independent documentation stating such (and all but impossible to provide) it is no more valid than my opinion that he wrote his book for purely political reasons.

The argument has been on my part has been purely hypothetical, as a means of really looking at the “race” issue which Barrack and others have thrown out there.

Now the rebuttals thrown at me by both gentlemen have been greatly weakened with their need to personally attack me instead of the argument, if your arguments were as strong as you feel this would not be required on either of your parts.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 09:14 PM
What planet have you been living on? He's avoided being the "black" candidate and that's why he's had success. You can't win here being the "black" candidate.

Race was going to be a political obstacle whether Barack identified more closely with the black community or not. It's reality. All you have to do is look at him. You think people would've never paid attention to his race? LMAO Who are you, Stephen Colbert?

So when he made the remark about not looking like those presidents on the money he was not placing him self as the “Black” president.

When he purposely went to Chicago to start his political carrier he was not doing so as a “black” politician.

I think the man is far more manipulative of his “race” than you give him credit for.

VAChief
08-03-2008, 09:16 PM
I never received an answer; I was told the answer was in his book.

Does this look familiar?

Messier
08-03-2008, 09:20 PM
So when he made the remark about not looking like those presidents on the money he was not placing him self as the “Black” president.

When he purposely went to Chicago to start his political carrier he was not doing so as a “black” politician.

I think the man is far more manipulative of his “race” than you give him credit for.

When he had lunch today, was he not a "black" man eating a sandwich? He thought he could pull one over on us, but he was clearly eating that sandwich as a "black" man and not as an American.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Does this look familiar?

It’s as simple as this, you believe that what Barrack says in his book is the absolute truth, I on the other hand do not.

Since John F Kennedy first had his book ghost written for him, politicians have been pumping out these spin books to further their aspirations.

They are little more than fluff.

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 09:26 PM

:spock: He was pointing out the blatantly obvious in talking about how Conservatives have and are going to continue to scare people about him.

Are you denying that Obama doesn't look like all those Presidents on our money?

I want sources on information for all the accusations you've been making in this thread.

That much is clear. Then again, I don't baselessly believe the worst in people.

I don't know why you haven't criticized Obama for dissing his Indonesian "roots".

redbrian
08-03-2008, 09:28 PM
When he had lunch today, was he not a "black" man eating a sandwich? He thought he could pull one over on us, but he was clearly eating that sandwich as a "black" man and not as an American.

What made him a “Blackman”, James Brown the God Father of Soul, has a great quote and I paraphrase, When I get up in the morning to shave, I don’t see a black man in the mirror, I see a man, because if I see myself as a black man I instantly put up barriers which limits my relationship with others.

And no as far as I am concerned he was not.

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 09:31 PM
It’s as simple as this, you believe that what Barrack says in his book is the absolute truth, I on the other hand do not.

Right, to you the absolute truth is whatever you want to believe.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 09:34 PM
:spock: He was pointing out the blatantly obvious in talking about how Conservatives have and are going to continue to scare people about him.

Are you denying that Obama doesn't look like all those Presidents on our money?

I want sources on information for all the accusations you've been making in this thread.

That much is clear. Then again, I don't baselessly believe the worst in people.

I don't know why you haven't criticized Obama for dissing his Indonesian "roots".

What accusations are you referring to, I have only stated my opinion to motives for his actions.

“He was pointing out the blatantly obvious in talking about how Conservatives have and are going to continue to scare people about him.”

And this would be yours and others opinion.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Right, to you the absolute truth is whatever you want to believe.

No absolute truth on my part at all, I am not a all or none, black or white type of guy.

But when it comes to politicians I am much in line with PJ O’Rourke

Democrats lie and cheat for fun, Republicans lie and cheat for profit.

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 09:45 PM
What accusations are you referring to, I have only stated my opinion to motives for his actions.

You haven't given opinions, you've just stated them as truths, despite you having zero basis to substantiate your claims. Where have you got all your 'opinions'? What's the source and basis for your claims against Obama?

And this would be yours and others opinion.

LMAO Your first f*cking post in this thread was about Barack "disowning" white people and embracing the black community. If that's not a racial-driven wedge, I don't know what is.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 09:57 PM
You haven't given opinions, you've just stated them as truths, despite you having zero basis to substantiate your claims. Where have you got all your 'opinions'? What's the source and basis for your claims against Obama?

LMAO Your first f*cking post in this thread was about Barack "disowning" white people and embracing the black community(as if that's some bad thing). If that's not a racial-driven wedge, I don't know what is.

Where do you form your opinions, or do you not think for your self.

Let’s see myself I form my opinions from reading several sources of news, none of which come from the 24 hour cable news on either side, nor talk radio.

You have source for your opinions, are you not capable of developing them on your own?

I stick to local, national and international main news source,

For instance the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and Times, The London Herald, just to name a few sources, throw in a few years of life experiences, living and working through, seven administrations

I not only said he was disowning the whites, if you go back and read I also said he was disowning the Africans...how could that be a wedge.

redbrian
08-03-2008, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=HolmeZz;4888978]You haven't given opinions, you've just stated them as truths, despite you having zero basis to substantiate your claims. Where have you got all your 'opinions'? What's the source and basis for your claims against Obama?

I thought most people were able to discern an opinion form an absolute truth such as gravity.

If you need me to in the future I will start every opinion with the phrase….in my opinion……..

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 10:01 PM
For instance the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and Times, The London Herald, just to name a few sources.

LMAO And what in those formed the basis of your Obama-pinions?

redbrian
08-03-2008, 10:06 PM
LMAO And what in those formed the basis of your Obama-pinions?

I really don’t have all night to try and convey to you how a person comes to obtain opinions.

Do you have no clue as how one gathers sources of information and combines that with life experiences and comes up with a conclusion?

Or do you only find your opinions handed to you, and you suck it down like Jim Jones Kool-Aid

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 10:11 PM
I really don’t have all night to try and convey to you how a person comes to obtain opinions.

I already had this chat with my dad when I was younger. He sat me on his lap and told me where opinions come from: your ass. And that's how I learned about "The Rs and the Ds".

irishjayhawk
08-03-2008, 10:13 PM
I already had this chat with my dad when I was younger. He sat me on his lap and told me where opinions come from: your ass. And that's how I learned about "The Rs and the Ds".

And the birds and the bees.

;)

redbrian
08-03-2008, 10:16 PM

Well you are a credit to your dad, a real chip from the old block.....and he sat you on your lap when he told you this did he........

HolmeZz
08-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Well you are a credit to your dad, a real chip from the old block.....and he sat you on your lap when he told you this did he........

EAT IT KITTY EAT IT, THE JOKE HAS TO BE REAL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlToVaT3D5k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlToVaT3D5k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

redbrian
08-03-2008, 10:44 PM

Hey nothing wrong with sitting on your daddies lap......well unless you were 16 at the time.......I am sure you were not that old were you.......not that their is anything wrong with that.....really.......

***SPRAYER
08-05-2008, 05:59 AM
In her senior thesis at Princeton, Michele Obama, the wife of Barack Obama stated that America was a nation founded on "crime and hatred'. Moreover, she stated that whites in America were 'ineradicably racist'. The 1985 thesis, titled 'Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community' was written under her maiden name, Michelle LaVaughn Robinson.

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 07:57 AM
In her senior thesis at Princeton, Michele Obama, the wife of Barack Obama stated that America was a nation founded on "crime and hatred'. Moreover, she stated that whites in America were 'ineradicably racist'. The 1985 thesis, titled 'Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community' was written under her maiden name, Michelle LaVaughn Robinson.Nope, no race-baiting from the right.

***SPRAYER
08-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Nope, no race-baiting from the right.

Quoting Michelle Obama's racism is.... racebaiting? From the right?

ROFL

***SPRAYER
08-06-2008, 06:46 AM
By JAMES TARANTO
August 5, 2008

Back in April, we noted an op-ed piece in the Los Angeles Times by one David K. Shipler, an expert on adjectival racism. In his view, pretty much any adjective is a few degrees of separation from a racial slur, and thus one should exercise extreme caution when modifying Barack Obama in a sentence.

Example: " 'Elitist' is another word for 'arrogant,' which is another word for 'uppity,' that old calumny applied to blacks who stood up for themselves." And:

Casting Obama as "out of touch" plays harmoniously with the traditional notion of blacks as "others" at the edge of the mainstream, separate from the whole. Despite his ability to articulate the frustration and yearning of broad segments of Americans, his "otherness" has been highlighted effectively by right-wingers who harp on his Kenyan father and spread false rumors that he's a clandestine Muslim.
Here's another example. Some people have said Obama has a "thin résumé." But "thin" is another word for "skinny," which is a slur for "black." Or so it is according to Slate's Timothy Noah, who has found invidious racism in the pages of the venerable Wall Street Journal.

This latest racial crisis began last Friday, when Journal reporter Amy Chozik published a piece titled "Too Fit to Be President?" Chozik speculated that Obama may be too far gaunt to lead a nation of lard butts. As political analyses go, it was more whimsical than weighty, which was signaled by its placement on the front page of the Weekend Journal section.

Yesterday Noah weighed in on the subject. "Any discussion of Obama's 'skinniness' and its impact on the typical American voter," he opined, "can't avoid being interpreted as a coded discussion of race." Here's his argument:

Barack Obama is the first African-American to win a major-party nomination for president of the United States. African-Americans are distinguishable from other Americans by their skin color. This physical attribute looms large in our nation's history as a source of prejudice. . . .
When white people are invited to think about Obama's physical appearance, the principal attribute they're likely to dwell on is his dark skin. Consequently, any reference to Obama's other physical attributes can't help coming off as a coy walk around the barn.
Chozik tells Noah that this is "ridiculous," to which Noah responds that she is "clueless." Proving that cluelessness comes in all colors, Noah calls his black friend "to ask whether she was offended. She was not."

But who cares? If you're trying to understand the intricacies of race in early-21st-century America, why ask someone in early-21st-century America? It makes much more sense to turn to a situation comedy set in the 1950s and produced in the '70s. Noah has the good sense to do just that:

A Slate colleague informs me that an episode of the TV sitcom Happy Days ("Fonzie's New Friend") had its 1950s-era characters nervously discussing the fact that a black man in their midst was so . . . skinny. Was it true that skinny people liked fried chicken? That they were good at basketball? And so on.
We have one quibble with Noah. It seems to us that the "Happy Days" episode that really is pertinent here is "Hollywood." That's the one in which the Fonz jumps the shark.

They Also Serve Who Only Stand and Inflate
On Thursday we noted that Barack Obama, shunning domestic production of oil, had proposed an alternative method for dealing with the energy problem: "We could save all the oil that they're talking about getting off drilling if everybody was just inflating their tires and getting regular tune-ups."

Talk about inflation! Yesterday Obama gave not just a speech but a "major speech" in which he declared:

Breaking our oil addiction is one of the greatest challenges our generation will ever face. It will take nothing less than a complete transformation of our economy.
In the space of a week Obama has gone from urging people to blow up their tires to threatening to blow up the entire economy--from trivially hortatory to totalitarian. Surely between now and November, Obama can find some happy medium.