PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gretz:Albertís May Miss New England

Tribal Warfare
08-02-2008, 07:03 PM
http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/alberts-may-miss-new-england.html

Albert’s May Miss New England
August 2, 2008 - Bob Gretz |

From Canton, Ohio

Chiefs officials here for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction ceremonies say the best case scenario is rookie left tackle Brandon Albert will miss three to four weeks because of a foot injury.

That makes his presence for the New England regular season opener very much in doubt.

Albert suffered the injury this past Thursday night during a practice session with the Minnesota Vikings. It occurred when someone stepped on his foot during a play. Albert left the field and then returned and took two more snaps before coming off the field.

The more likely scenario is that Albert will miss four or five weeks. If the injury heals slowly, then it could be six weeks.

It’s a ligament injury and does not involves any bones, so it’s nothing like the foot injury suffered last year by RB Larry Johnson. Albert will continue to lift weights and work his upper body, but obviously cardio conditioning will suffer. In several weeks he’ll begin work on the stationary bike and then will progress to work in a rehab pool.

Right now, second year man Herb Taylor is working with the first offensive line at left tackle.

Mecca
08-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Uh oh, that's a ton of time to miss for a rookie in that spot....this is not going to be pretty.

KCrockaholic
08-02-2008, 07:07 PM
S### F### D###!!!!

kstater
08-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Who is this Albert's fellow?

HolmeZz
08-02-2008, 07:08 PM
"Albert's"? That's brutal.

Deberg_1990
Its Herb Taylor time baby!!

Baby Lee
At least with wasn't our QB in a playoff game on the goal line.

kstater
08-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm going to find it tough to believe a guy that has no official capacity with the organization and doesn't even know how to spell the players' name.

Direckshun
Well, at least we get to see Taylor.

WHY DOES GOD WANT US TO LOSE.

Mecca
Ok so if he doesn't play, over under that one of NE's OLB's crushes Croyle and injures him?

KCUnited
08-02-2008, 07:10 PM
The ass whooping that NE is greedy to hand down is an important experience for a rook. I hope he makes it back in time to line up against Superbowl quality DLine.

Deberg_1990
08-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Roaf is anxiously awaiting his phone call from Carl. :)

Mecca
08-02-2008, 07:11 PM
The ass whooping that NE is greedy to hand down is an important experience for a rook. I hope he makes it back in time to line up against Superbowl quality DLine.

The thing I want to see in that game more than anything is Carr and Flowers and if they act scared of Moss or not....the last thing I want to see is any player on that defense playing like they are completely scared of a top notch player.

KCUnited
08-02-2008, 07:15 PM
The thing I want to see in that game more than anything is Carr and Flowers and if they act scared of Moss or not....the last thing I want to see is any player on that defense playing like they are completely scared of a top notch player.

Honestly I don't think Youth and Scared belong in the same sentence. I'm more concerned with Youth and being too stubborn to learn from your mistakes. There is definitely lessons to be learned in week 1 of our season. I hope all our rooks are out there for it.

Mecca
08-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Honestly I don't think Youth and Scared belong in the same sentence. I'm more concerned with Youth and being too stubborn to learn from your mistakes. There is definitely lessons to be learned in week 1 of our season. I hope all our rooks are out there for it.

Most teams play like they are completely scared of NE, Moss especially even good teams.

JuicesFlowing
08-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Roaf is anxiously awaiting his phone call from Carl. :)

Roaf would be a Godsend at this point.

noa
08-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Well, I guess we won't win the Super Bowl this year

Direckshun
08-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I think our defensive scheme is going to be so conservative they won't have a chance.

. . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .RB

. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . QB
WR . . . . . . . TE OL OL OL OL OL . . . .WR . . . .WR
. . . . .. . . . . . .DL . DL . DL . DL

CB. . . .. .. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .. . . .. .CB
. . .. . . .OLB. . . .. . .. . . . . . . . OLB

. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . MLB

. . . . . . . . . S . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . .S

ROFL

Deberg_1990
08-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Well, I guess we won't win the Super Bowl this year

Keep doubtin Herb Taylor

Mecca
08-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I think our defensive scheme is going to be so conservative they won't have a chance.

. . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .RB

. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . QB
WR . . . . . . . TE OL OL OL OL OL . . . .WR . . . .WR
. . . . .. . . . . . .DL . DL . DL . DL

CB. . . .. .. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .. . . .. .CB
. . .. . . .OLB. . . .. . .. . . . . . . . OLB

. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . MLB

. . . . . . . . . S . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . .S

ROFL

So we're gonna watch them lineup 10 yards off and see Wes Welker catch 15 balls.

the Talking Can
08-02-2008, 07:27 PM
our offense is ****ed....we're lining up Waters and 4 clowns....

Direckshun
08-02-2008, 07:29 PM
So we're gonna watch them lineup 10 yards off and see Wes Welker catch 15 balls.
BUT MOSS WON'T BEAT US.

Which somehow makes it better.

chiefs1111
08-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Ok so if he doesn't play, over under that one of NE's OLB's crushes Croyle and injures him?

Id say its a 100 percent possibility

Deberg_1990
08-02-2008, 07:30 PM
our offense is ****ed....we're lining up Waters and 4 clowns....

Should we have drafted more O-Linemen? Mecca?

Mecca
08-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Should we have drafted more O-Linemen? Mecca?

No because see, the team isn't winning alot of games either way, I have no issue with drafting linemen I just expect them to be worth the picks.

What did you want to do draft 2 OT's? By the time the Chiefs 2nd round pick came up all the OT's were massive reaches, and to take a OG that high he better be a 10 time pro bowler.

KcMizzou
08-02-2008, 07:35 PM
WTF... Goddamnit. Herm said this was "No big deal."

Mecca
08-02-2008, 07:37 PM
WTF... Goddamnit. Herm said this was "No big deal."

That's typical Herm speak though and typical of the organization, they acted like Larry Johnson would only miss a game or 2 when he got hurt last year...

KcMizzou
08-02-2008, 07:38 PM
That's typical Herm speak though and typical of the organization, they acted like Larry Johnson would only miss a game or 2 when he got hurt last year...Yeah. It's annoying. I'd rather them say it was serious, and see him back in a week. Edit: (obviously, I guess, but you get the point)

Why do that?

The Bad Guy
08-02-2008, 07:39 PM
We weren't winning this game anyway.

I'm not going to get upset over much this year.

I think Albert is going to be a fine player, but they put all their eggs in his basket. This line needed a lot more upgrades in terms of talent over what they did. Signing McIntosh and then moving his worthless ass, thinking a scab like Adrian Jones could actually play RG, and ignoring every FA lineman was a huge mistake.

I don't mind another losing season at all. Hopefully it's bad enough for Clark to completely clean house.

Mecca
08-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah. It's annoying. I'd rather them say it was serious, and see him back in a week.

Why do that?

Because they care how many fans come to see the games, it's also really annoying if it has something to do with your fantasy team. The Chiefs are about the only team that doesn't straight out admit when someone is going to be out for 3 months.

RJ
08-02-2008, 07:40 PM
I have Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass songs running through my brain.

Mecca
08-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Maybe we should just use Marv Albert, he'll bite em.

FAX
08-02-2008, 07:44 PM
And the hits just keep on rollin'. This is really, really sad, as you guys are obviously well aware. If I could find the guy who stepped on his foot and he was drugged and tied up, I'd slam a whole jar of peanut butter on his head.

I'm trying to see the bright side, but there isn't much. The only thing I've come up with is that New England's defense will kill Croyle and LJ which means they won't have to suffer the fans' displeasure and impatience any longer. Farewell Croyle. Farewell LJ.

FAX

JuicesFlowing
08-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Because they care how many fans come to see the games, it's also really annoying if it has something to do with your fantasy team. The Chiefs are about the only team that doesn't straight out admit when someone is going to be out for 3 months.

True, and New England's Hooded Cheater. He's notorious for leaving he media in limbo on injury issues ...

DeezNutz
08-02-2008, 07:45 PM
The key question is: Who will be a better fantasy start? Welker or Moss?

Mecca
08-02-2008, 07:47 PM
The key question is: Who will be a better fantasy start? Welker or Moss?

You should probably start anyone you have from NE...

DeezNutz
08-02-2008, 07:48 PM
You should probably start anyone you have from NE...

That was true all of last year and probably again this season. Welker could go huge in week one in a points-per-reception league.

KcMizzou
08-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Is this Alberts guy related to Chase Daniels?

Mecca
08-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Is this Alberts guy related to Chase Daniels?

I think we're playing Trev Alberts at LT.

ChiefsCountry
08-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Herb Taylor looked pretty good last year in spot duty. I think he is more of a natural right tackle though.

JuicesFlowing
08-02-2008, 07:52 PM
I think we're playing Trev Alberts at LT.

ROFL

dj56dt58
08-02-2008, 08:03 PM
we're just pulling one over on NE..Albert is actually perfectly fine..saw him playing hop scotch earlier

Messier
08-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Well crappity crap crap! This'll set back his progress about half a season, but hey this is the season where you wonder if it matters.

Douche Baggins
08-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Albert's?

dirk digler
08-02-2008, 08:23 PM

I think Albert is going to be a fine player, but they put all their eggs in his basket. This line needed a lot more upgrades in terms of talent over what they did. Signing McIntosh and then moving his worthless ass, thinking a scab like Adrian Jones could actually play RG, and ignoring every FA lineman was a huge mistake.

I don't mind another losing season at all. Hopefully it's bad enough for Clark to completely clean house.

Yep totally agree. There was alot of young FA's O-lineman out there this year and the Chiefs passed on every one even when being $30+ million in free cap space.

KcMizzou
08-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Albert's?Chase Daniels's cousin.

Messier
08-02-2008, 08:37 PM

I don't agree, McIntosh is good when healthy. I don't know if Adrian Jones can or can't play RG. I'm going to hold off judgment until I see the line playing together. I don't think it will be top 10, or even top 15 but better than last year.

tomahawk kid
08-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Anyway you cut it, this is a f#cking nightmare scenario.

We'll be lucky to win a damn game with Dorsey and Albert both going down in the first full week of camp.

I've never been this frustrated as a Chiefs fan in my entire life....and that's saying something.

tomahawk kid
08-02-2008, 08:40 PM
I don't agree, McIntosh is good when healthy. I don't know if Adrian Jones can or can't play RG. I'm going to hold off judgment until I see the line playing together. I don't think it will be top 10, or even top 15 but better than last year.

McIntosh needs every other practice off due to his knee getting "swole".

He's a f#cking hack who can't stay healthy - it was the same story when he was in Miami.

Messier
08-02-2008, 08:42 PM
McIntosh needs every other practice off due to his knee getting "swole".

He's a f#cking hack who can't stay healthy - it was the same story when he was in Miami.

Well I guess that's why I added the, "when healthy" part.

KcMizzou
08-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Anyway you cut it, this is a f#cking nightmare scenario.

We'll be lucky to win a damn game with Dorsey and Albert both going down in the first full week of camp.

I've never been this frustrated as a Chiefs fan in my entire life....and that's saying something.All I can say is...

We were gonna suck anyway?

They'll recover and get plenty of NFL experience. It's not like it cost us a shot at the Super Bowl.

tomahawk kid
08-02-2008, 08:44 PM
All I can say is...

They'll recover and get plenty of NFL experience. It's not like it cost us a shot at the Super Bowl.

I know, I guess I was just under the delusion that we'd win more than 4 games this season.

milkman
08-02-2008, 08:45 PM

Mac the Hack is a mediocre player.

Messier
All I can say is...

Yeah. In a way I'm gonna enjoy this season, just seeing which players really start to improve as the season goes.

tomahawk kid

That his whole issue - he can't stay healthy.

Either he's a giant pussy or he's brittle as f#ck. Either way he needs to be sent to the bench as soon as Richardson can figure out the rocket science that is pass blocking.

KcMizzou
08-02-2008, 08:46 PM
I know, I guess I was just under the delusion that we'd win more than 4 games this season.I hear ya. I just wanna see 'em play.. and improve.

tomahawk kid
08-02-2008, 08:47 PM
I hear ya. I just wanna see 'em play.. and improve.

Seriously - Mizzou better make a serious run this season.

It's all I've got until - well, next football season.

Messier
08-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Mac the Hack is a mediocre player.

I think he's a passable player. Not a permanent 10 year solution, but could be a cog to good team. He's the kind of player on a contending team he wouldn't be a liability, again with the, if he stayed healthy, caveat. That being said, I wish we would go with younger players this year just to see what they had.

milkman
08-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I think he's a passable player. Not a permanent 10 year solution, but could be a cog to good team. He's the kind of player on a contending team he wouldn't be a liability, again with the, if he stayed healthy, caveat. That being said, I wish we would go with younger players this year just to see what they had.

The guy is a decent pass blocker, but he sucks as a run blocker.

He's a passable scrub.

Dick Bull
08-02-2008, 08:58 PM
The guy is a decent pass blocker, but he sucks as a run blocker.

He's a passable scrub.

I didn't think he did too great in pass protection from the left last year

KcMizzou
08-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Seriously - Mizzou better make a serious run this season.

It's all I've got until - well, next football season.I think we can count on that.

It's all about expectations.

Chiefs - low
Mizzou - high

I'm hoping they both make me happy.

Mecca
08-02-2008, 09:01 PM

That's because he's constantly injured.

If crap like this keeps up we may very well be 1-15.

Mecca
08-02-2008, 09:02 PM
I think we can count on that.

It's all about expectations.

Chiefs - low
Mizzou - high

I'm hoping they both make me happy.

You sound like me now....

If the Chiefs win more than 2 games I'll consider that a positive as long as they were from a bunch of vets.

With SC I'll be disappointed if they aren't in the championship game.

Messier
08-02-2008, 09:09 PM

He was the best lineman last year. After writing that I feel sad suddenly.

KcMizzou
08-02-2008, 09:14 PM
You sound like me now....

If the Chiefs win more than 2 games I'll consider that a positive as long as they were from a bunch of vets.

With SC I'll be disappointed if they aren't in the championship game.Well, that's fair.

I mean, as a USC fan, you should expect that level of success. They have the talent to achieve it.

I think KC has a lot of talent, but it's young talent. Those guys are gonna screw up... a LOT.

Anyone expecting 8-8 or better is just being silly, IMO. Not because I'm not a fan... you've just gotta be realistic.

In my mind, this season's about playing young players, and getting the ready for the future. It's one big season-long tryout. If you can cut it... you stay, if not... we'll replace you in the off season.

Chiefaholic
08-02-2008, 11:01 PM
He was the best lineman last year,other than Brian Waters. After writing that I feel sad suddenly.

FYP

Oh Snap
08-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Most teams play like they are completely scared of NE, Moss especially even good teams.

Especially considering the loss of Allen. He always seemed to raise his game when we played NE. He single handedly rattled brady the last time we faced NE at arrowhead. I am fully expecting and anticipating for us to have our asses handed to us.

acesn8s
08-03-2008, 01:56 AM
SON OF A ....:banghead:

BCD
08-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Albert's? WTF? LMAO

Mizzou_8541
08-03-2008, 08:44 AM
"Albert's"? That's brutal.

Am I mistaken, or is that a junior high mistake? How did it make it past the editors?

Buehler445
08-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Am I mistaken, or is that a junior high mistake? How did it make it past the editors?

From my primitive knowledge of grammar, that is a junior high mistake. My guess is they changed it from something like, "Albert's ankle injury may cause him to miss New England" and they changed it to something more pointed.

As far as making it by the editors, just rediculous Quality Control.

Ari Chi3fs
08-03-2008, 09:56 AM
SO who should we take with the first pick overall?

Ari Chi3fs
08-03-2008, 09:57 AM
By the way, people... this is BOB GRETZ's BLOG... there would be NO editor on a blog, typically.