PDA

View Full Version : Elections Obama/Bayh... tomorrow?

recxjake
08-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Veep Watch: An Indiana lay over Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2008 4:18 PM by Domenico Montanaro
Filed Under: 2008, Obama

From NBC's Mark Hudspeth and NBC/NJ's Mike Memoli

On the Veepwatch front, nothing's on Obama's schedule yet, but the traveling press registration e-mail has us flying to South Bend at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday and not leaving until 3:25 p.m. the next day.

It seems seems like an awfully long time to be in one place. (Where exactly is Evan Bayh?)

Bayh's home town is near Terre Haute, Ind. -- about four-hour drive from South Bend. But South Bend is a nice geographical point between Illinois and Ohio, and just south of the Michigan line.

Obama communications stretegist Robert Gibbs says all that should be taken from it is that "Indiana is competitive and winnable for us," he said.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/08/02/1243444.aspx

Baby Lee
08-03-2008, 04:44 PM
His veep is from Terre Haute? As in hoity toity?

banyon
08-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Ok we can scratch this guy off the list.

***SPRAYER
08-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Ok we can scratch this guy off the list.

ROFL

Ultra Peanut
08-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Ok we can scratch this guy off the list.Even taking out the recxjake factor, it really seems to be too big a tipoff for a legitimate announcement.

With the huge ad-buy during the Olympics, though, we'll know soon enough.

acesn8s
08-04-2008, 03:43 AM
I gotta say that the conclusions from From NBC's Mark Hudspeth and NBC/NJ's Mike Memoli are a stretch.

How many other people are within 4 a hour drive of South Bend. Based on the info given, I could conclude that Obama is going to watch the Fighting Irish practice.

dirk digler
08-04-2008, 02:58 PM
It is starting to sound more and more like it is going to be Bayh.

Apparently this guy got an invite for something on Wednesday in Indiana that is not on the Obama calendar.

I just got an invite from the Obama campaign to attend an appearance on Wednesday that isn't on Obama's official calendar. Why not? The campaign said, "I can't tell you what the event is about, but we want to make sure you have a ticket so you can cover it for the Bilerico Project. We want Bilerico Project to be there for this one."

jAZ
08-04-2008, 03:00 PM
McCain/Romeny... 2 weeks ago? nlm

dirk digler
08-04-2008, 03:03 PM
McCain/Romeny... 2 weeks ago? nlm

LMAO

Anyway Bayh doesn't really excite me but he would make sure Indiana goes blue for Obama.

jAZ
08-04-2008, 03:15 PM
LMAO

Anyway Bayh doesn't really excite me but he would make sure Indiana goes blue for Obama.

To be fair, jake is just passing along information he read, not making his own prediction. I've done the same before, so it's only fair to cut him some slack. But not without a little TIC ridicule. :D

recxjake
08-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Obama/Bayh vs McCain/Cantor

jAZ
08-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Obama/Bayh vs McCain/Cantor

It's always nice to go on record with being pinned down at all. But I have to ask... what does this mean? A worthless prediction? A dream ticket?

recxjake
08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
It's always nice to go on record with being pinned down at all. But I have to ask... what does this mean? A worthless prediction? A dream ticket?

I just read Obama is going to pick Bayh Wednesday morning... what do you think?

dirk digler
08-04-2008, 10:15 PM

I really hope not. He is about as exciting as watching paint dry

banyon
08-04-2008, 10:22 PM

No.

recxjake
08-04-2008, 10:27 PM
No.

http://patterico.com/2008/08/04/huffpo-contributor-makes-pretty-good-case-that-indiana-sen-bayh-will-be-named-vp-pick-by-obama-tomorrow/

banyon
08-04-2008, 10:52 PM
http://patterico.com/2008/08/04/huffpo-contributor-makes-pretty-good-case-that-indiana-sen-bayh-will-be-named-vp-pick-by-obama-tomorrow/

patterico?

Is that patteeu's secret blog?

Thig Lyfe
08-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Jake could post a thread about the sun rising tomorrow and I wouldn't believe it.

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Obama/Bayh vs McCain/CantorCantor makes too much sense. Dude's a Jewish Romney menos el equipajes.

acesn8s
08-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Cantor makes too much sense. Dude's a Jewish Romney menos el equipajes.
He's a Jewish Mormon?

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 06:32 AM
He's a Jewish Mormon?You should see the Hasidic version's idea of magic underwear.

dirk digler
08-05-2008, 04:03 PM
We may have dodged a bullet here. I hope this is true because Bayh is not an exciting choice

Bayh shuts down Bayh buzz

From the good old Indianapolis Star (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080805/NEWS05/80805080):
Sen. Evan Bayh, D-Ind., told The Indianapolis Star today that Sen. Barack Obama has not asked him to be his running mate and that he's not expecting Obama to announce his vice presidential pick when Obama is in Indiana Wednesday.

Asked if he will be Obama's vice presidential choice, Bayh said; "I have no idea. You'd have to ask him."

Bayh will be introducing Obama at Wednesday's town hall meeting in Elkhart, but said he knows of no plans for a private meeting with Obama...
[snip]
Bayh said that while he has "no idea" what Obama's timeline is for announcing his running mate, "I'm absolutely confident there will be no announcement tomorrow. I guess the best way to put it is, if there's an announcement tomorrow, I'd be as surprised as anybody else."

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Al Giordiano has been talking about "three point shots," as in an outside-the-Beltway pick, and I'd be inclined to agree. This Bayh stuff has been a lot like the Kaine stuff.

At this point, I'd say Sebelius has the highest odds, but if I were betting I'd put my money on the Field (the betting term, not the blog).