PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dilema? Wife's due on Sept. 14th..

Que Card QB
08-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Chiefs and Raiders at noon/home opener vs. birth of first child. Since she won't be able to attend, I have an extra ticket available.

J/K

Dammit our poor conception planning!

bkkcoh
08-04-2008, 08:57 AM
you should know better.

conception during football season.................. :banghead:

QuikSsurfer
08-04-2008, 09:01 AM
How much you want for tickets? :)

Baby Lee
08-04-2008, 09:02 AM
you should know better.

If she's due in September, it was conception in January. That is NOT the football season for a Chiefs fan.

Otter
08-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I saw once on Quantum Leap where Sam Beckett delayed a child birth by getting the mother drunk. Somehow the alcohol slowed down the birthing process.

Split a case of malt liquor with your wife starting around 10am, should be OK till after game time.

blueballs
08-04-2008, 09:11 AM
If Scanlon was still on the team
this wouldn't be a problem at all
just a minor detail

bkkcoh
08-04-2008, 09:11 AM
If she's due in September, it was conception in January. That is NOT the football season for a Chiefs fan.

Sadly, you have a point there. :banghead:

Rain Man
08-04-2008, 09:14 AM
I saw once on Quantum Leap where Sam Beckett delayed a child birth by getting the mother drunk. Somehow the alcohol slowed down the birthing process.

May have slowed down the child some, too.

Baby Lee
08-04-2008, 09:16 AM
May have slowed down the child some, too.

I never knew Life Goes On was a Quantum Leap spinoff.

KCJohnny
08-04-2008, 09:18 AM

Split a case of malt liquor with your wife starting around 10am, should be OK till after game time.

:shake:
Ever heard of Downe Syndrome?

Rain Man
08-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I never knew Life Goes On was a Quantum Leap spinoff.

"Sam, we need you to intervene and make Osama bin Laden mentally incompetent!"

Bowser
08-04-2008, 09:23 AM

That must be a new thing, like this new phenomenon called "sarcasm".

KCJohnny
08-04-2008, 09:26 AM
That must be a new thing, like this new phenomenon called "sarcasm".

Yeah, well somethings are just not funny, no matter how sarcastic.

Rain Man
08-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Back to the original point, I see no reason why he can't have both. Don't they have paramedics at Arrowhead?

Baby Lee
08-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah, well somethings are just not funny, no matter how sarcastic.
Ugh! Errr, . . . Good a time as any

http://xerc.biz/dump.viewfile.php?file=00017199.jpg

Iowanian
08-04-2008, 09:39 AM
This is a solvable problem.

Feed her spicy food, screw her wheels off, and take her for a long walk 4-5 days prior to the game. Very few babies land on the target date anyway, but she won't let you go if its not on the ground.

Get it on the ground, get her home and then you can go while the inlaws swoon on your new poop machine.

Otter
08-04-2008, 09:40 AM

You're right, better make it an import. This is no time to be frugal.

Iowanian
08-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Actually, you're just SOL.

I think you should just send those tickets to your old pal, Iowanian for years of entertainment, information and advice.

I'll name your kid for free if you throw in the parking pass.

RibKing67
08-04-2008, 09:45 AM
"Sam, we need you to intervene and make Osama bin Laden mentally incompetent!"

I think there was a misunderstanding and Sam made Barak Osama Obama mentally incompetent instead.

NewChief
08-04-2008, 09:47 AM
you should know better.

My wife and all her sibling's birthdays are in June.

That's the running joke with them. Football obviously made their dad horny.

Iowanian

You're looking through your cerebral index for "fetal alcohol syndrome"....Down Syndrome has to do with an extra 21st chromosome.

Rausch
She's already decided to deliver.

I'd say the delima stage is over and you're nuts deep in the $#!t Marine...

StcChief
08-04-2008, 09:48 AM
My wife and all her sibling's birthdays are in June.

That's the running joke with them. Football obviously made their dad horny.
there is always the deer hunting theory too.... deer in rut, hunters in rut.

Rain Man
08-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Actually, you're just SOL.

I think you should just send those tickets to your old pal, Iowanian for years of entertainment, information and advice.

I'll name your kid for free if you throw in the parking pass.

Don't do it, que card, unless you like the name Parker.

Sully
08-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Ours is due the 20th of September. AWAY GAME.

Amateur.

Saggysack
08-04-2008, 10:05 AM

Seems like we have few of those around here. Seen that Midnight_McDouche's avatar? If that isn't screaming mongoloid I don't know what is.

QuikSsurfer
08-04-2008, 10:17 AM

You're thinking of FAS (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome)

Que Card QB
08-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Back to the original point, I see no reason why he can't have both. Don't they have paramedics at Arrowhead?Being born at Arrowhead on opening day against the Raiders..that would be freakin' sweet! Who knows, maybe she'll be late and we can still go. The crowd noise might even induce the labor.

So then I'm wondering, how soon is too soon to bring your kid?

Jilly
08-04-2008, 10:21 AM
eh, only 15% actually go into labor on their due date - you're golden.

J Diddy
08-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Being born at Arrowhead on opening day against the Raiders..that would be freakin' sweet! Who knows, maybe she'll be late and we can still go. The crowd noise might even induce the labor.

I really
really, really

hope you aren't sitting next to me

Rain Man
08-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Being born at Arrowhead on opening day against the Raiders..that would be freakin' sweet! Who knows, maybe she'll be late and we can still go. The crowd noise might even induce the labor.

If it's really cold, you might want to get the baby dried off first, but other than that, I see no reason to wait.

Rain Man
08-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh, but make sure she knows that the contractions should only occur when the defense is on the field. You don't want her yelling when the offense is out there.

Rausch
08-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Oh, but make sure she knows that the contractions should only occur when the defense is on the field. You don't want her yelling when the offense is out there.

I take back my earlier comments.

Clearly, this is a man who thinks ahead...

RibKing67
08-04-2008, 10:34 AM
My boy is 6 now. He has gone to pre season games at 4 and 5. He is going to another preseason this year and I may take him to a regular season game next year.

The Rick
08-04-2008, 10:53 AM

My #2 was born January 31st of this year. The due date for #3 is the middle of December. I plan mine for when the season, at least for the Chiefs, is over.

StcChief
08-04-2008, 11:11 AM
If it's really cold, you might want to get the baby dried off first, but other than that, I see no reason to wait.
Just get a seat for the Doctor too. then enjoy.... sounds like a good time. Your 15 minutes of fame will be immortalized forever :D

you'll be on Oprah the following week.

Hays
08-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Induce

Sure-Oz
08-04-2008, 01:10 PM
My gf is pretty pissed she'll miss the opening game for Mizzou vs Illinois cause her friend got her american idol tickets to go with her. She doesn't even like that shit....i told her to find a way to get out of it haha
as for the wifey tell her to hold out another day jk haha

congrats tho

JuicesFlowing
08-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Don't worry ... chances are she won't have the baby on the 14th. Maybe a day before, a day after ...just a thought ... something to consider. Either way, congrats, and I wish you and your family well.

Hog Farmer
08-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Chiefs and Raiders at noon/home opener vs. birth of first child. Since she won't be able to attend, I have an extra ticket available.

J/K

Dammit our poor conception planning!

Don't worry, when she gets whiff of this thread and learns that you would rather be at a football game instead of the birth of your child you'll be divorced and not have to worry about it. If I can give you some advice. Go get a really low paying job as child support is based on your income. :D

acesn8s
08-04-2008, 03:25 PM
You can watch a baby be born any day but to watch the Chiefs play the Raiders in a home opener is a rare event indeed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-04-2008, 03:27 PM

This just in: It's kind of hard for a kid to get fetal alcohol syndrome, or gain an extra chromosome when it's full term.

Iowanian
08-04-2008, 03:28 PM
This just in. Thank you capt obvious.

Que....if your birth control plan didn't block against the speed rush any better than Will Svitek, thats on you as general manager.