PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Anyone jacked up for the Beijing Olympics?

Deberg_1990
08-04-2008, 01:24 PM
4 days and counting...

I just cant seem to get too excited for them yet.

Whats your take?

JuicesFlowing
08-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I can't ever get into the Olympics. I don't know why, but I just don't like them, no matter where they are played.

Jilly
08-04-2008, 01:31 PM
I absolutely LOVE the olympics.... number one, it gives me something worthwhile to watch at any given moment, but number two, I love being exposed to the different types of sports that well, I just don't get to see every day.

Mr. Plow
08-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Only if Curling is involved.

DaFace
08-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Only if Curling is involved.

I somehow found myself watching more than an hour of curling last winter Olympics. It's the strangest sport, yet I found it surprising mesmerizing.

Fish
08-04-2008, 01:34 PM
The steeplechase makes the girls horny....

DeezNutz
08-04-2008, 01:34 PM
That's this year?

Deberg_1990
08-04-2008, 01:35 PM
I love being exposed to the different types of sports that well, I just don't get to see every day.

I actually enjoyed watching the X-Games this past weekend. Very entertaining.

StcChief
08-04-2008, 01:37 PM
The steeplechase makes the girls horny....
filing that away....:evil:

Mr. Plow
08-04-2008, 01:37 PM
I somehow found myself watching more than an hour of curling last winter Olympics. It's the strangest sport, yet I found it surprising mesmerizing.

Once you turn it on, you are done. You can't stop watching it. I'm not sure what it is. I almost went to a Curling tournament in Wichita, KS last year - just to watch.

Very weird.

kcchiefsus
08-04-2008, 01:39 PM
All I care about is the United States coming away with the most gold metals. China thinks this is the year they pass us so I want the U.S. to kick their ass.

JuicesFlowing
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
"Made in China." Is there anything left in the world that isn't? Just curious.

BigRedChief
08-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Once you turn it on, you are done. You can't stop watching it. I'm not sure what it is. I almost went to a Curling tournament in Wichita, KS last year - just to watch.

Very weird.
I thought about going to the womens roller derby match on Saturday night.

Jilly
08-04-2008, 01:46 PM

Very weird.

they have a curling team here in KC...we went and watched them a few years ago at the ice rink in KS?

Buehler445
08-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I freaking love the track races, but I haven't paid much attention this year. All I've seen is that the Chinese goverment is trying to reduce pollution there. Is it televised on NBC again? Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
08-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I keep wondering how the vile bloated slum otherwise known as Beijing actually ended up hosting the Olympics in the first place. Was Beirut unavailable? How about Hell? Is Satan hosting a hardware convention this month? Gotta love the Chinese. Jailing everybody who utters a contrary word, scooping gunk out of the water to enable water events, shutting down half of the traffic so the smog won't kill the athletes. Sounds lovely. But at least it'll give them something do to for a few days besides poisoning our dog food and painting lead on to Barbie dolls.

And no, I won't be watching.

Buehler445
08-04-2008, 02:07 PM
I keep wondering how the vile bloated slum otherwise known as Beijing actually ended up hosting the Olympics in the first place. Was Beirut unavailable? How about Hell? Is Satan hosting a hardware convention this month? Gotta love the Chinese. Jailing everybody who utters a contrary word, scooping gunk out of the water to enable water events, shutting down half of the traffic so the smog won't kill the athletes. Sounds lovely. But at least it'll give them something do to for a few days besides poisoning our dog food and painting lead on to Barbie dolls.

ROFL I don't think I will ask you about your views on China.

Posted via Mobile Device

chiefs1111
08-04-2008, 02:08 PM
I'll watch basketball and some of the track and field but that's about it.

chiefs1111
08-04-2008, 02:09 PM
and maybe boxing,if they still even have that in the olympics,im not even sure..

Deberg_1990
08-04-2008, 02:10 PM
and maybe boxing,if they still even have that in the olympics,im not even sure..

Probably wont be too long before MMA is an Olympic sport.

Iowanian
08-04-2008, 02:25 PM
I know 2 olympians this time, so I'll be watching more than normal.

markk
08-04-2008, 02:29 PM
zzzzzzzz

CoMoChief
08-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Outside of gymnastics, Summer Olympics are the only Olympics that really matter.

**** the winter olympics. Now THERE are some events in those games that DO NOT mean shit to anyone such as Curling, figure skating, and so on.

SBK
08-04-2008, 02:31 PM
The girl favored to win gold in gymnastics is from Des Moines. I went to high school with Lolo Jones, also favored in her event, the 100 meter hurdles. She's from Des Moines too.

Iowanian
08-04-2008, 02:32 PM
excuse me...I'm off to look for some Roosevelt yearbooks.

vailpass
08-04-2008, 02:33 PM
The problem with the Bejing olympics is that you watch it, then a couple hours later you want to watch it again.

Skip Towne
08-04-2008, 02:38 PM
I know 2 olympians this time, so I'll be watching more than normal.

The detassling competition?

Iowanian
08-04-2008, 02:40 PM
The detassling competition?

I do know who the husking champions are.....the detasseling competition will never happen because of the refusal of the Latin Americans to stop calling it "maize".

vailpass
08-04-2008, 02:42 PM
The girl favored to win gold in gymnastics is from Des Moines. I went to high school with Lolo Jones, also favored in her event, the 100 meter hurdles. She's from Des Moines too.

Really? Cool. What is the gymnast's name?

Iowanian
08-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Shawn Johnson is favored to win the womens Gymnstic gold....goes to Valley.

Mecca
08-04-2008, 02:44 PM
I only have 3 words....

Women's Beach Volleyball....

Misty May........whoo!

Skip Towne
08-04-2008, 02:46 PM
I only have 3 words....

Misty May........whoo!

Is that her stripper name?

CanadianChief
08-04-2008, 02:46 PM
I can't wait for the 11 or 12 medals we'll win!!! Yay.

chasedude
08-04-2008, 02:55 PM

:clap::clap::clap: Piss on the Commies!

StcChief
08-04-2008, 03:06 PM
DILIGAF more boring domination.

KC_Connection
08-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I can't wait for the 11 or 12 medals we'll win!!! Yay.

I love how Canada doesn't put any funding into their athletes and doesn't give a shit about them at all for 47 months, and then expects them to actually do something during a 2 week stretch.

The only way it will ever be fixed is if our country actually starts caring about amateur sport, and that will never happen.

Ari Chi3fs
08-04-2008, 03:26 PM
It seems to me to be a prime opportunity to get China mad with the world... seems like a "terrorist" trigger point...

imagine if shit goes off in China during the Olympics... keep in mind, North Korea and Afganistan isn't too far away from China. That whole region could light up.

Then with US and Iraq along with this whole Iran Nuclear thing, it seems like a tinderbox.

I started a thread about it in DC, but I have concerns about this Olympics.

They should have let Iraq have an Olympic team, it would have been a good time for them to feel national pride.

These next two weeks and the two weeks before the US election seem the most vulnerable.

Skip Towne
08-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I love how Canada doesn't put any funding into their athletes and doesn't give a shit about them at all for 47 months, and then expects them to actually do something during a 2 week stretch.

The only way it will ever be fixed is if our country actually starts caring about amateur sport, and that will never happen.

I heard Canada won a medal one time.

KC_Connection
08-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I remember reading that they changed their mind on Iraq having a team a week or so back.

KC_Connection
08-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I heard Canada won a medal one time.

When the Canadians actually got Jamaicans to come run for them (Ben Johnson, Donavan Bailey)?

Those days are long over.

Ari Chi3fs
08-04-2008, 03:33 PM
I only have 3 words....

Misty May........whoo!

that is my FAVORITE amateur sport.

Women's beach volleyball
NCAA mens hoops
NCAA college football.