PDA

View Full Version : Poop I think I just witnessed the ultimate act...

irishjayhawk
08-04-2008, 09:50 PM
in the pussification of America.

On the radio, coming back from Lawrence, I heard the song Paper Planes by M.I.A. For those who don't know it, it's used in the Pineapple Express trailer. Anyway, there is an EDITED version of the song. A radio edit. And you want to know what's edited:

The f*cking sound effects. The cocking of the gun and the firing are replaced by some whoop noise and a laser sound. Followed by the original cash register sound.

Seriously, though, we cannot even take sound effects now? Especially when the sound effects are the whole point of the song....

dorseybowe
08-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Get satellite. I'm in my truck all the time, and it makes a world of difference.

wutamess
08-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Slap in some Lil Wayne Carter III and life'll be good again.

Douche Baggins
08-04-2008, 09:56 PM
You went back in time and witnessed my birth?

ZootedGranny
I hate M.I.A. but love that song, mainly because of the Clash sample.

SPATCH
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7sei-eEjy4g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7sei-eEjy4g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i love this song

some some some oh some i murder... some oh some i let gooooo :)

AZORChiefFan
08-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Lasers!

That's f'ng stupid.

The cocking of the gun (in Paper Planes) and the clicking of my seat belt in my Hyundai sound eerily alike.

KCCHIEFS27
08-05-2008, 03:30 AM
I hate this song about as much as I hate that stupid Flobots "I can ride my bike with no handle bars"

Fruit Ninja
08-05-2008, 04:14 AM
They even edited it on the David Letterman show. I heard that chick was pissed because she didnt even know about it. I heard during rehearsal it was all good, then when it was time to go live the switched it up on her. They can show tv shows like 24 with Torture, killing, terrorist and just about everything else you can imagine, but a ****ing song with a gunshot in the chorus is bad? WTF?

Oh, beastie boys in the video gets 2 thumbs up from me. There is also a few cool remixes of the song my favorite is with Bun-B.

chagrin
08-05-2008, 04:14 AM
I always thought that about the music used in today's movies, a bunch of repetitive nonsense.

acesn8s
08-05-2008, 05:16 AM

On the radio, coming back from Lawrence, I heard the song Paper Planes by M.I.A. For those who don't know it, it's used in the Pineapple Express trailer. Anyway, there is an EDITED version of the song. A radio edit. And you want to know what's edited:

The f*cking sound effects. The cocking of the gun and the firing are replaced by some whoop noise and a laser sound. Followed by the original cash register sound.

Seriously, though, we cannot even take sound effects now? Especially when the sound effects are the whole point of the song....
You said "cock" :giggle:

Chief Chief
08-05-2008, 05:36 AM
Hey! Isn't that the song that's driving Sportsracer completely nuts?

RibKing67
08-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Yep. It is too bad when your freedom of speach is takin away by a government that cant figure out how to budget money let alone know what should be said or what sounds one should hear.

I was always mad about the Everlast song that they bleeped out "Chrome .45."
I also have Sirius and love it I say F**k censorship.
The above was my doing not the FCC.

penguinz
08-05-2008, 07:39 AM
I think the real issue here is your choice of music.

chasedude
08-05-2008, 07:58 AM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:_2ednOSvzENLFM:http://bp1.blogger.com/_Vr8Xl0cbUZA/R_ZJVYTgOuI/AAAAAAAAA4k/U_iVla0wCII/s320/Image%2B%253D%2Bcensorship%2B001.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://bp1.blogger.com/_Vr8Xl0cbUZA/R_ZJVYTgOuI/AAAAAAAAA4k/U_iVla0wCII/s320/Image%2B%253D%2Bcensorship%2B001.jpg&imgrefurl=http://greenwichroundup.blogspot.com/2008_03_30_archive.html&h=300&w=300&sz=29&hl=en&start=48&um=1&tbnid=_2ednOSvzENLFM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcensorship%2Bdee%2Bsnyder%26start%3D42%26ndsp%3D21%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26newwindow%3D1%2 6safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN)

Duck Dog
08-05-2008, 08:10 AM
The song sucks as bad as the liberal assholes who ARE the pussification of America. If you are so concerned with the pussification of America why on earth would you vote for Obama Hussein?

Mr. Flopnuts
08-05-2008, 08:15 AM
I must be getting old. 98% of all music released in the last 5 years is just retarded.

Demonpenz
08-05-2008, 08:16 AM
I have along list of peeves about things like this, now I ususally listen to the mp3 or sat, but sometimes you can't avoid being in line somewhere and hearing the edited versions. Some of the ones I am going to list, but the songs suck, but take the level of suck to blow with the edited versions

Sweet Child of Mine - They take out the guitar solo at the end on some stations
Third Eye blind Semi Charmed life ( they take off the "and the planes came in she was crashing) entire part?!?!?!
Black eyed pea's Changed lets get retarded to lets get it started

So you get all those, but when you hear Dire Straits they let them say the derrogatory name for gay people.

DaKCMan AP
08-05-2008, 08:49 AM
The song sucks as bad as the liberal assholes who ARE the pussification of America. If you are so concerned with the pussification of America why on earth would you vote for Obama Hussein?

Uh, it's the cons and religious wackos who want to censor television and radio.

DaKCMan AP
08-05-2008, 08:50 AM
I was always mad about the Everlast song that they bleeped out "Chrome .45."

About half that song gets censored. Bunch of BS.

Pestilence
08-05-2008, 09:36 AM
I hate this song about as much as I hate that stupid Flobots "I can ride my bike with no handle bars"

That's Flobots "No Handlebars"....and it's actually a pretty decent song.

DaKCMan AP
08-05-2008, 09:38 AM

That song's pretty awesome.

Midnight_Vulture
08-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Liberals have "pussified" the United States faaaaar worse than the right. Cant even say "God bless you" without some left wing wimp getting all offended.

penguinz
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
That song's pretty awesome.My 6 year old loves that song. I want to shove pencils in my ears every time I hear it.

Rausch
08-05-2008, 10:32 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7sei-eEjy4g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7sei-eEjy4g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i love this song

some some some oh some i murder... some oh some i let gooooo :)

Sounds like an Indian (dot, not feather) trying to flow hardcore...:spock:

NewChief
08-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Sounds like an Indian (dot, not feather) trying to flow hardcore...:spock:

Sri Lankan, I believe. Lives in London, but has sympathy for and ties with the Tamil Tigers. She was the indy music media's darling because of her leftist politics and underproduced first album, the tracks of which sounded like they were made using a Casio Keyboard and assorted Fisher Price toys.

Rausch
08-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Sri Lankan, I believe. Lives in London, but has sympathy for and ties with the Tamil Tigers. She was the indy music media's darling because of her leftist politics and underproduced first album, the tracks of which sounded like they were made using a Casio Keyboard and assorted Fisher Price toys.

Wow...let me count the reasons she should be ushered to room 101...

JohnnyV13
08-05-2008, 02:29 PM
What's wrong with pussyfiying america? I don't know about everyone else...but I'm all for increasing the supply of pussy.

Mecca
08-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Liberals have "pussified" the United States faaaaar worse than the right. Cant even say "God bless you" without some left wing wimp getting all offended.

I'm sure that is far worse than the religious nutjob who wants to tell me exactly what I can watch and listen to...the people that think seeing a boob is the end of society.

DaKCMan AP
08-05-2008, 02:46 PM

There you have it folks, Midnight_Douchebag does not like pussy.

POND_OF_RED
08-05-2008, 02:51 PM
That's Flobots "No Handlebars"....and it's actually a pretty decent song.

That song's pretty awesome.

I like the Flobots a lot. They're gonna be at the Power and Light District for a free concert tommorow night. Anybody else going?

KCCHIEFS27
08-05-2008, 03:17 PM
First off, Miss M.I.A. should stick to visual arts, she's REALLY GOOD at that..second off, I've seen the Flobots in person and they are HORRIBLE..try seeing The Roots, that group has a much better band and lead vocalist..even more political too.

Swanman
08-05-2008, 03:27 PM

Wrong, friendo. Both the left and the right have played their part in censorship and the pussification of America. The right censors stuff that might corrupt the children based on their morals (bad words, sex, violence,etc.) and the left censors stuff that might offend anybody in any way (mostly racial/sexual preference stuff). They both pussify America, just in slightly different ways.

As the late Richard Jeni once said, "If you are far left or far right politically, you've gone too far."

Swanman
08-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Two cases of censorship recently in music that I can remember:

Weezer's "Hash Pipe" - the title is bleeped out in the chorus, makes it sounds really goofy

Tool had to rename their track "Stinkfist" to "Track 1" when they released the video for it.

Our country has become a bunch of sissy hall monitors.

Bowser
08-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Get satellite. I'm in my truck all the time, and it makes a world of difference.

This. ^

I always thought paying for radio = teh dum, but I couldn't imagine life without Sirius.

Bowser
08-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Two cases of censorship recently in music that I can remember:

Weezer's "Hash Pipe" - the title is bleeped out in the chorus, makes it sounds really goofy

Tool had to rename their track "Stinkfist" to "Track 1" when they released the video for it.

Our country has become a bunch of sissy hall monitors.

I think I actually chuckled the first time I heard Tool's Aenema on the Sirius.

Swanman
08-05-2008, 03:56 PM
This. ^

I always thought paying for radio = teh dum, but I couldn't imagine life without Sirius.

I have XM and feel the same way. Uncensored music that I want to hear without any commercials. Living in the Chicago area, there is a complete lack of hard rock radio, so having XM I can listen to Squizz for mainstream hard rock (Godsmack, Korn, Manson, etc.) and Liquid Metal for metal (Slayer, Pantera, and shitloads of death metal). $10 a month, give or take, is a small price to pay.

Bowser
08-05-2008, 04:00 PM
I have XM and feel the same way. Uncensored music that I want to hear without any commercials. Living in the Chicago area, there is a complete lack of hard rock radio, so having XM I can listen to Squizz for mainstream hard rock (Godsmack, Korn, Manson, etc.) and Liquid Metal for metal (Slayer, Pantera, and shitloads of death metal). $10 a month, give or take, is a small price to pay.

Yep. I've listened a bit to XM, and liked Squizz. The Sirius version of Liquid Metal is called Hard Attack, and is actually a bit tamer than LM. Octane = Squizz.

Of course, I like Sirius for the NFL Channel 124. Unique insights from ex players, coaches, and GM's.

Iowanian
08-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I would have guessed that moment of clarity would have been during some personal reflection.

irishjayhawk
08-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I think the real issue here is your choice of music.

Actually, it's a very big anomaly in my music collection. Most music I like has to have a context. This song's context is the Pineapple Express trailer.

ROFL

An awesome Duck Dog post. Haven't heard from him in a while.

Uh, it's the cons and religious wackos who want to censor television and radio.

I get tired of pointing that out. It's easier to just go along with the retardedness that is "liberals are the reason for __________".

I would have guessed that moment of clarity would have been during some personal reflection.

I'm sure this is a slight against me somehow. Just not sure how. :spock:

88TG88
08-05-2008, 10:12 PM

Probably just the pussification of Kansas. When I heard the song on my radio here they played all the cool sound effects.