PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Goal Line Blitz Question - Recieving changes

allen_kcCard
08-05-2008, 12:02 PM
For you GLB players, I don't have a reciever personally, but the team I am on is having fits with the changes in the offseason. Have any of you seen, or do you have builds that are still catching everything thrown your way? Or maybe the teams problem is the QB.

On the team MTG has, is Hootie completing a good % of passes? I'll try to find the team to take a look as well, but I was trying to get a grasp on what the missing link is. Our QB is completing something like 25% of passes since the changes went in, and I'm not sure if it is the QB, the receivers, or a combincation of both.

allen_kcCard
08-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Here is the QB stats:

Player Attributes
Physical Attributes Football Skills
Strength: 24.3 Blocking: 9
Speed: 13.4 Tackling: 8
Agility: 13.4 Throwing: 82.65
Jumping: 13.4 Catching: 13.4
Stamina: 22.74 Carrying: 13.4
Vision: 51.77 Kicking: 8
Confidence: 18.8 Punting: 8
1-1-1-1-1
0-0-0-0-0

And the top reciever:
Player Attributes
Physical Attributes Football Skills
Strength: 10.88 Blocking: 7
Speed: 55.81 Tackling: 7
Agility: 39.95 Throwing: 7
Jumping: 48.95 Catching: 35.35
Stamina: 27.04 Carrying: 19
Vision: 36.45 Kicking: 7
Confidence: 26.08 Punting: 7
2-2-2-1-0

2 catches total for the WR so far in the 1st 2 games, and the QB is 23 completions on 65 attempts. I'm not sure if it is the QB's noodle arm not getting the ball there fast enough, or if his high throwing is too out of balance from other stats...or what the heck is going on. Our running game is good, but damn is the passing game bad. I'm having flashes of thinking I'm on the chiefs offense all the sudden *puke*.

Short Leash Hootie
08-05-2008, 04:53 PM
my players important attributes:

strength: 32
stamina: 30
vision: 43
confidence: 26.35
throwing: 61.5

5, 3, 2, 2, 2 on the tree

40/59 on the year with a QB rating of 87...but my WR's have dropped a TON of passes...

allen_kcCard
08-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Drops at least indicate that it is a WR thing to fix, right now we are trying to figure out the incompletions.

I really wonder if his low str is the problem. There was a thread about the changes where a guy speculated about handcuffs, in that if you have one skills really high and another related skill extremely different in points that it makes the combination of them worse overall instead of complementary. Not really sure.

Short Leash Hootie
08-05-2008, 06:36 PM
why did that guy make his build like that? Pretty dumb move, IMO...

Of course a QB should emphasize on throwing but he's so unbalanced it's sickening to look at...

I have a career completion % of like 65...even on my dleague team which was awful last season...

MTG#10
08-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Yes reading the GLB forums there are a ton of complaints about WR's this season. Our leading receiver so far is our TE.

MTG#10
08-05-2008, 07:02 PM
why did that guy make his build like that? Pretty dumb move, IMO...

Of course a QB should emphasize on throwing but he's so unbalanced it's sickening to look at...

His build is actually very good except for his strength. Tell him he needs to put at least his next 3-4 levels all into strength, and to train his confidence for at least a couple weeks. He's got a Damon Huard arm right now. :D

allen_kcCard
08-05-2008, 09:53 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to talk out of my ass before checking with some people that are pro's at telling someone they are talking out of thier ass.

KCChiefsMan
08-05-2008, 10:42 PM
ya, you should definately up your strength and confidence quite a bit. Probably a little speed too so you can move around in the pocket

DaKCMan AP
08-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Joo Joo McBee ownz. If you have Joo Joo you don't need WRs (unless they can block).

:D

RustShack
08-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Someone take my level 9 CB that just rots on some dudes bench!

MTG#10
08-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Someone take my level 9 CB that just rots on some dudes bench!
I cant sign anyone else this season because my team cant afford anymore chemistry hits. If you need a team next season Im sure I could make some room on the roster. Post a link to your player.

Vegas_Dave
08-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Joo Joo McBee ownz. If you have Joo Joo you don't need WRs (unless they can block).

Glad Joo Joo likes my WR blocking.

Dicky McElephant
08-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Glad Joo Joo likes my WR blocking.

You guys wouldn't matter if it wasn't for Eddie Gore and Brik Waul.

Vegas_Dave
08-06-2008, 12:14 PM
You guys wouldn't matter if it wasn't for Eddie Gore and Brik Waul.

Sure they would... the offense is just that much more impressive because our defense is so dominant. Getting the shutouts makes the offense look even better since it is the ONLY offense on the field.

allen_kcCard
08-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Here was his response to the suggestions above. Makes sense in what he is saying, thought I would share to see if there was any more input, or maybe to help in avoiding running into the same problems as well.

I appreciate the thoughts. There is a fine balance between WR's and QB's. The QB's have to grow with their WR's. There are two problems going on:

1.) My QB refuses to hold onto the ball. He has time to wait and throw it because the OL has done a good job protecting him this season. If he would wait and allow the WR's to get open that would seriously help. What forces a QB to wait and throw? I'm guessing it is pocket presence special ability. People live by it. I would slam all my next points into it accept I have one massive problem. What skill triggers it? I have it cornered to Throwing, Vision, but most likely it is confidence. My confidence sucks at the moment. What does my confidence have to be at to trigger it? 20? 25? 50?

2.) The WR's aren't getting open fast enough before my QB freaks out and has to throw it right now. This is why Jebby and I were all about speed. Speed was the easiest way to get a WR open. Bort obliterated speed and then complicated that by making vision and catching matter more.

I wanted to pound all my next points into strength and have it by 50, but the preseason we had WR's dropping everything in sight. Bort nerfed that a little, but if I go after str again, I fear our WR's won't be able to hang with the speed of the ball. I would prefer to go the confidence route. Confidence is crucial for a QB anyways.

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Here was his response to the suggestions above. Makes sense in what he is saying, thought I would share to see if there was any more input, or maybe to help in avoiding running into the same problems as well.

I appreciate the thoughts. There is a fine balance between WR's and QB's. The QB's have to grow with their WR's. There are two problems going on:

1.) My QB refuses to hold onto the ball. He has time to wait and throw it because the OL has done a good job protecting him this season. If he would wait and allow the WR's to get open that would seriously help. What forces a QB to wait and throw? I'm guessing it is pocket presence special ability. People live by it. I would slam all my next points into it accept I have one massive problem. What skill triggers it? I have it cornered to Throwing, Vision, but most likely it is confidence. My confidence sucks at the moment. What does my confidence have to be at to trigger it? 20? 25? 50?

pocket presence and vision will help you there. Remember throwing, vision, and strength are the most impartant attributes for a QB in that order too.