PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Dish TURBO HD?

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 12:00 PM
http://www.turbo-hd.com/

Something new it looks like... Compare to time warner cable and Directv?

Supposedly its the first in 1080p and everyone else is currently 1080i

DISH Network(R) Meets 100 HD Channel Mark Ahead of Schedule; Announces Launch of 17 More National HD Channels
Introduces Industry-First TurboHD, the Only 100% HD Service, Available August 1

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., July 10, 2008

DISH Network today announced plans to launch 17 national HD channels, surpassing its goal of reaching 100 national HD channels five months ahead of schedule.
The new HD channels that will be added are:

-- ActionMax HD (DISH Network Ch. 313) -- HBO Family HD (Ch. 305)
-- CBS College Sports HD (Ch. 152) -- HBO Latino HD (Ch. 309)
-- Lifetime HD (Ch. 108) -- HBO Signature HD (Ch. 302)
-- Lifetime Movie Network HD (Ch. 109) -- HBO West HD (Ch. 303)
-- Planet Green HD (Ch. 194) -- HBO Zone HD (Ch. 308)
-- Encore HD (Ch. 340) -- Starz Comedy HD (Ch. 354)
-- HBO 2 HD (Ch. 301) -- Starz Edge HD (Ch. 352)
-- HBO Comedy HD (Ch. 307) -- Starz Kids & Family HD (Ch. 356)
-- Starz West HD (Ch. 351)

"In January, we promised our customers that DISH Network would boost our national HD channel lineup to 100 by year's end. Today, we are proud to say that in less than one year, not only did we deliver on our commitment, but we exceeded it," said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "We continue our pledge to DISH Network subscribers to add more national channels and local HD markets, as well as offer the best sports and movies in HD."

In addition, DISH Network is thrilled to introduce TurboHD, the first-ever 100 percent, all-HD programming package in the pay-TV industry, with advanced equipment that works on all TVs. TurboHD offers the most-watched HD channels in four separate tiers and can be viewed on analog, digital and high definition TVs, making it the perfect solution for consumers who have or are considering upgrading to HD programming. All TurboHD packages can include HD locals where available.

"TurboHD is revolutionary to the industry; we're changing the way people watch TV by offering them all of the top channels - in HD only - with the best high-definition systems on the market," said Jessica Insalaco, Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network. "When consumers add HD programming, their viewing habits change - they don't like to go back to standard definition - so their viewing switches over to all-HD channels. TurboHD will provide the next- generation high-definition television experience by offering only the best in HD programming and award-winning HD technology at incredible prices."

TurboHD Bronze: $24.99/month or $29.99/month with local channels*
-- TurboHD Bronze DishDVR Advantage: $34.99/month; includes core HD package, local channels and a free DVR receiver

TurboHD Silver: $32.99/month or $37.99/month with local channels*
-- TurboHD Silver DishDVR Advantage: $39.99/month; includes core HD package, local channels and a free DVR receiver; Regional Sports Networks where available

TurboHD Gold: $39.99/month or $44.99/month with locals channels*
-- TurboHD Gold DishDVR Advantage: $49.99/month; includes core HD package, local channels and a free DVR receiver; Regional Sports Networks where available

TurboHD Platinum: $10/month - add TurboHD Platinum to any qualifying package and receive HD channels that do not have corresponding SD channels.

New DISH Network Digital Home Advantage (DHA) subscribers or DHA-24 customers (24-month commitments) who sign-up for America's Top 100 or higher, DishLATINO or higher, TurboHD Bronze or higher, or a qualifying International programming package will receive $50 off of their first statement and Cinemax for one year for just a penny. New or current DISH Network subscribers who commit to DHA-24 will also receive HBO and Starz free for the first three months of their subscription.

More information will be available at www.dishnetwork.com in the coming weeks. The new national HD channels and TurboHD packages are available beginning August 1, 2008.

DISH Network offers new customers the opportunity to upgrade for free to a dishHD DVR receiver like the ViP722(TM) - which recently received the top- ranking Editors' Choice awards from both CNET and PC Magazine. The ViP722 is a dual-tuner HD DVR that operates two televisions in separate rooms and offers up to 500 hours of storage capacity allowing customers to pause, rewind and fast forward their favorite TV programming.

For more information on DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

*In HD where available

About DISH Network Corporation
DISH Network, the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the leader in digital television, provides more than 13.815 million satellite TV customers with industry-leading customer satisfaction which has surpassed major cable TV providers for eight consecutive years. DISH Network also provides customers with award-winning HD and DVR technology including the ViP722(TM) HD DVR, which received the Editors' Choice awards from both CNET and PC Magazine. In addition, subscribers enjoy access to hundreds of video and audio channels, the most International channels in the U.S., industry-leading Interactive TV applications, Latino programming, and the best sports and movies in HD. DISH Network offers a variety of package and price options including the lowest all-digital price in America, the DishDVR Advantage Package, high-speed Internet service, and a free upgrade to the best HD DVR in the industry. DISH Network is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 300 company. Visit www.dishnetwork.com/aboutus or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for more information.

Buck
08-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah I heard on the radio they are going to be the first 1080p.

Its about damn time, now everyone else will be forced to do the same.

YUS!!!

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 01:18 PM
We just got rid of Dish cause our leasing place wouldnt allow us to put a dish on the house, so we went with Time Warner Cable. My parents have dish so hopefuilly they'll get it.

Jewish Rabbi
08-05-2008, 01:35 PM
DAMMIT!! Just bought a 720p tv, thinking that 1080p broadcasts would take more than a decade to come out...

kepp
08-05-2008, 02:13 PM
DAMMIT!! Just bought a 720p tv, thinking that 1080p broadcasts would take more than a decade to come out...

You can't really tell a difference on most TVs.

My wife and I are actually thinking pretty hard about getting this. We have DirecTV right now and pay over $60/month for SD programming. They want to charge us $199 for a HD DVR and then and additional $10/month for HD programming. With this package I get all that for under $40. We'll probably do it. One thing though, their website's description of the HD DVR says it will operate one HDTV or and HDTV and an SDTV...not two HDTVs.

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 02:15 PM

Watching a bluray movie you can

Deberg_1990
08-05-2008, 02:16 PM
How many cable channels and local channels even broadcast in true 1080p anyways?? Id bet not many.

kepp
08-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Watching a bluray movie you can

Only on TVs over 50"...or so I hear. I have a 50" 720p Samsung and blu-rays look perfect.

BigMeatballDave
08-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Time Warner is SERIOUSLY lagging behind here...

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Time Warner is SERIOUSLY lagging behind here...

Hope they get on it, sucks though i hate not having NFL network

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-06-2008, 02:04 AM
TW won't be in any rush to devote the bandwidth necessary for 1080p.

And 1080p TV broadcasts won't look as sharp as a blu-ray movie because they'll compress the codec so that they can broadcast more channels.

When DirecTV first rolled out all their MPEG2 HD Channels they looked awful because they were compressing the dog piss out of them.

DaneMcCloud
08-06-2008, 02:30 AM

My wife and I are actually thinking pretty hard about getting this. We have DirecTV right now and pay over $60/month for SD programming. They want to charge us $199 for a HD DVR and then and additional $10/month for HD programming. With this package I get all that for under $40. We'll probably do it. One thing though, their website's description of the HD DVR says it will operate one HDTV or and HDTV and an SDTV...not two HDTVs.

FYI, you can get the Direct TV HD-DVR at Costco for $169 or less (I bought an additional receiver a few months back) so it may be even less expensive now.

Guru
08-06-2008, 02:39 AM
Why can't Topeka get a damn Costco? The deals sound great but not necessarily worth the gas to drive to KC for.

DaneMcCloud
08-06-2008, 03:07 AM
Why can't Topeka get a damn Costco? The deals sound great but not necessarily worth the gas to drive to KC for.

They do have a website but with shipping, the deals may not add up.

Sorry, Man!

Skip Towne
08-06-2008, 04:29 AM
FYI, you can get the Direct TV HD-DVR at Costco for $169 or less (I bought an additional receiver a few months back) so it may be even less expensive now.

And yet you still don't own it the way I understand it. The only time you own it is when it breaks.

kepp
08-06-2008, 06:34 AM
And yet you still don't own it the way I understand it. The only time you own it is when it breaks.

So you pay $169 for the privilege of displaying it in your home?

I used to swear by DTV, but they're heading downhill IMO. Too bad.

EDIT: I'm going to call Dish to get the details and report back...

Skip Towne
08-06-2008, 07:27 AM
So you pay $169 for the privilege of displaying it in your home?

I used to swear by DTV, but they're heading downhill IMO. Too bad.

I think so. I don't work for them anymore so I don't keep up but I think it is considered a "lease" even after you "buy" it.

kepp
08-06-2008, 08:31 AM

Okay, I placed my order:

* TurboHD Silver package w/local channels (includes NFL network HD)
* Two room HD DVR - 1 HDTV & 1 SDTV (no charge)
* HD movie channels free for 3 months

All for the grand total of $39.99 per month (over $20 cheaper than my DTV bill). Unless it turns out that Dish Network's service is really bad, this is a much better deal than DTV.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2008, 09:02 AM
I was a previous dish subscriber and it ran perfectly the HD-DVR was easy to use. I miss using it but the place im at now wouldn't allow me to have dish on the roof and the home builder didn't want it on the front, since the back area is currently in construction with other housing being developed. So we had to switch to Time Warner Cable by default...if we owned the place we could put it wherever the hell we wanted. I don't feel like im missing much programming wise with TWC except NFL network and maybe more HD channels. I do hate their (TWC) current program guide compared to Dish's, where it shows what channels you are actually subscribed to, instead of ALL(TWC). That's a bit annoying, but anyway my parents have dish and love it as well, hope it works out for you. I probably will eventually go back to Dish in the future and Yahoo DSL when i purchase a home.

Deberg_1990
08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Okay, I placed my order:

All for the grand total of $39.99 per month (over $20 cheaper than my DTV bill). Unless it turns out that Dish Network's service is really bad, this is a much better deal than DTV.

Wow, thats a nice deal. If NFL Network is in that package I might consider this??

Skip Towne
08-06-2008, 09:08 AM
I was a previous dish subscriber and it ran perfectly the HD-DVR was easy to use. I miss using it but the place im at now wouldn't allow me to have dish on the roof and the home builder didn't want it on the front, since the back area is currently in construction with other housing being developed. So we had to switch to Time Warner Cable by default...if we owned the place we could put it wherever the hell we wanted. I don't feel like im missing much programming wise with TWC except NFL network and maybe more HD channels. I do hate their (TWC) current program guide compared to Dish's, where it shows what channels you are actually subscribed to, instead of ALL(TWC). That's a bit annoying, but anyway my parents have dish and love it as well, hope it works out for you. I probably will eventually go back to Dish in the future and Yahoo DSL when i purchase a home.

Look for a place to put the dish on pole. A chain link fence post is exactly the right size.

Swanman
08-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Look for a place to put the dish on pole. A chain link fence post is exactly the right size.

I did that exact thing at my old apartment because I couldn't actually affix the dish to anything on the building, so I got a bucket, some cement and a fence post and stuck it on my porch. It worked beautifully and if I needed to fine-tune anything on the reception, I just had to step out on my porch and re-aim the dish.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2008, 11:51 AM

I had to ask the builders permission and i guess they didn't want us to do that...cause of the wiring would have to be coming from the front yard. Ive seen a few neighbors have it on the side of their yard, but we are in a townhome on inside part directly connected to the neighbor. IF we were on the outside i bet that is what they could do. It was a pita to try it, cause the backyard for some reason couldn't be used for it, no idea why...and i really was getting sick of the tag game with the builder and dish coming out and wasting their time.

I'll just have to wait until i get a home to get dish again, which kinda sucks but ill survive.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2008, 11:53 AM
I did that exact thing at my old apartment because I couldn't actually affix the dish to anything on the building, so I got a bucket, some cement and a fence post and stuck it on my porch. It worked beautifully and if I needed to fine-tune anything on the reception, I just had to step out on my porch and re-aim the dish.

At my gf's old apt they just got a tripod for it and aimed it. They put it on her back patio area in the upper floor...

It was funny cause he told us he didnt do something that he was supposed to, like bury cables or something and just hid it. Told us if the apt place came by to check around that we pulled it ourselves and not them cause i guess they aren't supposed to do that haha

Worked great

dirk digler
08-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Okay, I placed my order:

Let me know how it works out I might be switching from cable

Chazno
08-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah I heard on the radio they are going to be the first 1080p.

Its about damn time, now everyone else will be forced to do the same.

YUS!!!

I haven't heard that they are broadcasting in 1080p. They say they are the first with 1080p VOD services, but that isn't the same as every HD channel being 1080.

They don't even have a receiver that can output 1080p right now.

IF they are truly sending 1080p content you should see a small difference even though the signal is getting sent back to 1080i....assuming the compression isn't horrible.

With that said I crazy happy with the extra HBO and Starz HD channels even though I still miss some of the VOOM channels they took away.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2008, 12:10 PM
TWC added USA HD today YESSSSSSSS

kepp
08-06-2008, 01:08 PM
...so I got a bucket, some cement and a fence post and stuck it on my porch...

You don't live in Donger's neighborhood, do you?

kepp
08-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Wow, thats a nice deal. If NFL Network is in that package I might consider this??

All the channels I'll get:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/dish_hd/programming/turboHD/bronzeLogos.jpg http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/dish_hd/programming/turboHD/silverLogos.jpg

Actually, this isn't all...just the major ones.

Skip Towne
08-06-2008, 01:15 PM
You don't live in Donger's neighborhood, do you?

Not even Donger's HOA can prevent you having a dish. Show them a copy of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. It's federal law.

Deberg_1990
08-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Not even Donger's HOA can prevent you having a dish. Show them a copy of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. It's federal law.

They can probably only prevent you from mounting it in certain locations.

kepp
08-06-2008, 01:40 PM

Like in a bucket.

Donger
08-06-2008, 01:48 PM
As I understand it, only the VOD (video on demand?) movies will be in 1080p, right?

kepp
08-06-2008, 02:27 PM
As I understand it, only the VOD (video on demand?) movies will be in 1080p, right?

Correct.

Donger
08-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Correct.

Okay, thanks. Do I have to sign up for a new "TurboHD" package to do that? I already have their HD programming or is it just pay-per-view?

kepp
08-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Okay, thanks. Do I have to sign up for a new "TurboHD" package to do that? I already have their HD programming or is it just pay-per-view?

That I don't know. I suppose you could add it onto your existing account.

MTG#10
08-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I just sent DirecTV an ultimatum email since my contract was over in March. I want a free upgrade to the HD DVR receiver or Im splitting for Dish. Lets see how much they value me as their long time customer.

ChiefsLV
08-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Okay, I placed my order:

Seriously, this almost seems too good to be true. DirecTV was costing me $70 a month for three rooms including one DVR (all standard def). Regular analog cable here is $47.95 a month with no NFL network. And I can get all those channels from Dish plus on demand channels, all in HD for $39.99 a month? I'd be getting both a better product and a better price. I'm not used to that.... :D

Let us know how it goes.

Skip Towne
08-06-2008, 06:13 PM

Yeah, they have rights too. But they can't just say "we don't allow dishes".

kepp
08-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the info. I just sent DirecTV an ultimatum email since my contract was over in March. I want a free upgrade to the HD DVR receiver or Im splitting for Dish. Lets see how much they value me as their long time customer.

Seriously, this almost seems too good to be true. DirecTV was costing me $70 a month for three rooms including one DVR (all standard def). Regular analog cable here is $47.95 a month with no NFL network. And I can get all those channels from Dish plus on demand channels, all in HD for $39.99 a month? I'd be getting both a better product and a better price. I'm not used to that.... :D

Let us know how it goes.

Same story for me on both counts. We have been pestering DirecTV literally for months about giving us a free HD DVR and they just wouldn't do it. We were paying like $65/month for SD programming with 2 DVRs and they wanted to charge us full price for the HD DVR + shipping + an additional $10 per month for HD programming. I kept trying to find hidden charges while signing up for DishNetwork but I couldn't - seems legit & straight forward. We'll see.

Chazno
08-07-2008, 09:42 AM
As long as people are signing up for Dish Network anyway you might as well let me refer you. Heres what we'd get.

What you get:
FREE Activation - a $99.00 value*

$80 credit on the first bill

Plus much more!

What I get:

$50 in programming credits
($5/month for 10 months)

Plus, one-time benefits:
5 FREE Pay-Per-View coupons
FREE DishMOVER certificate

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customer_service/offers/clubDish/index.shtml

PM me if you are interested and I'll send you a certificate.

Buck
08-07-2008, 12:07 PM
As long as people are signing up for Dish Network anyway you might as well let me refer you. Heres what we'd get.

What you get:
FREE Activation - a $99.00 value*

Plus much more!

What I get:

$50 in programming credits
($5/month for 10 months)

Plus, one-time benefits:
5 FREE Pay-Per-View coupons
FREE DishMOVER certificate

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customer_service/offers/clubDish/index.shtml

PM me if you are interested and I'll send you a certificate.

This would probably work better if you had more than 140 posts in 4 years ROFL

Chazno
08-07-2008, 01:12 PM
This would probably work better if you had more than 140 posts in 4 years ROFL

Sorry I didn't think anybody would care that I mostly lurk if they were getting $80 off their first bill.

kepp
08-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Same story for me on both counts. We have been pestering DirecTV literally for months about giving us a free HD DVR and they just wouldn't do it. We were paying like $65/month for SD programming with 2 DVRs and they wanted to charge us full price for the HD DVR + shipping + an additional $10 per month for HD programming. I kept trying to find hidden charges while signing up for DishNetwork but I couldn't - seems legit & straight forward. We'll see.

Okay, so the guy installed this today - nice guy that knew what he was talking about. He even wore shoe covers when working inside which I thought was a nice idea. Hookup was easy. The picture looks good. I can tell a very slight difference between the Dish HD picture and the OTA local channel signals I get but, all-in-all, it looks good. Only one problem encountered so far in that I'm not yet getting all the channels I was promised. I'm going to call them about it. We'll see what their customer service is like.

Oh, yeah...he recommended that I get the dish installed on a pole so he's going to come back in a week to do that for no charge.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-07-2008, 01:43 PM
What you get:
FREE Activation - a $99.00 value***

Plus much more!

**** Prospective customer must sign up for 24-month commitment. Early cancellation fee applies.

Plus much more! = nothing else, just the above two bullet points

DaneMcCloud
08-07-2008, 01:43 PM

Yeah, me too.

From what I understand, Direct TV now only leases the receivers. Up until around 2006, you purchased and owned them. Now, you purchase but they own them. They will replace them though if you have the monthly insurance ($5.99 a month).

All in all, I have the Premium package,HD package and HD add-on package, DRV service and five receivers. My bill is like $120 a month.

Since I work in the entertainment business, I can write off up to $600 per year in television services so it really only costs me about $50.00 month.

It's a steal.

Skip Towne
08-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah, me too.

From what I understand, Direct TV now only leases the receivers. Up until around 2006, you purchased and owned them. Now, you purchase but they own them. They will replace them though if you have the monthly insurance ($5.99 a month).

All in all, I have the Premium package,HD package and HD add-on package, DRV service and five receivers. My bill is like $120 a month.

Since I work in the entertainment business, I can write off up to $600 per year in television services so it really only costs me about $50.00 month.

It's a steal.

I still can't figure out why you should have to insure their equipment.

DaneMcCloud
08-07-2008, 02:33 PM
I still can't figure out why you should have to insure their equipment.

No idea but at least service calls and equipment repair/replacement is free with the insurance.

I've had two HD units go bad so it's definitely worth having.

kepp
08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Okay, so the guy installed this today - nice guy that knew what he was talking about. He even wore shoe covers when working inside which I thought was a nice idea. Hookup was easy. The picture looks good. I can tell a very slight difference between the Dish HD picture and the OTA local channel signals I get but, all-in-all, it looks good. Only one problem encountered so far in that I'm not yet getting all the channels I was promised. I'm going to call them about it. We'll see what their customer service is like.

Oh, yeah...he recommended that I get the dish installed on a pole so he's going to come back in a week to do that for no charge.

Final update (I hope) - called DishNetwork customer service and they took care of everything no problem. Gave me all the channels I had been promised and even conference-called my Dad because I told them he referred me (he's a Dish customer too) and gave him a $50 credit on his bill. So far I'm very satisfied.

Also, if anyone is going to sign up I'll give you my referral number so I can get $$ off my bill :D

Sure-Oz
08-07-2008, 04:16 PM
If you are in a "contract" with dish and they can't install it at the place you moved to, do they bill you a cancellation fee?? if so that would be 100% bs, my gf still has to cancel since they couldn't do anything to get the dish at her new pad

She was worried that she couldnt cancel or be charged...i may have to call myself and raise hell if they give her shit

kepp
08-08-2008, 06:53 AM
If you are in a "contract" with dish and they can't install it at the place you moved to, do they bill you a cancellation fee?? if so that would be 100% bs, my gf still has to cancel since they couldn't do anything to get the dish at her new pad

She was worried that she couldnt cancel or be charged...i may have to call myself and raise hell if they give her shit

We had a similar issue with DirecTV when we moved to KC from LA. We were in an apartment for a few months while we looked for a house and it didn't face the right way so we couldn't use the satellite. DirecTV put our account on "hold" and then reinstated it once we were in our house. We didn't pay anything during that time. It worked out pretty well.

BigMeatballDave
08-09-2008, 01:17 PM
I got a bucket, some cement and a fence post and stuck it on my porch. It worked beautifully and if I needed to fine-tune anything on the reception, I just had to step out on my porch and re-aim the dish.A guy I work with does this when he goes camping.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2008, 02:41 PM
We had a similar issue with DirecTV when we moved to KC from LA. We were in an apartment for a few months while we looked for a house and it didn't face the right way so we couldn't use the satellite. DirecTV put our account on "hold" and then reinstated it once we were in our house. We didn't pay anything during that time. It worked out pretty well.

GF called them and they told her she would have to pay till her contract was up. She then proceeded to ask for someone that knows what they're talking about. 10 min later the guy asked her ?'s to the supervisor and they cancelled her account with no fee's and are not going to bill her for august. Now they are sending us a box for the equipement to return. I assume we will have dish next year or down the line, cause i hate TWC so far. Mainly cause i prefer dish's setup and more HD channels. I admit TWC customer service is shitty as well.

MTG#10
09-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Has anyone got this yet? How is the picture quality? Any surprises on your bill?

UteChief
09-07-2008, 12:55 PM
That's weird that directv won't give you a free HD DVR. I have three of them and all were provided at no cost (Except shipping $19.95). This year I even was given the new customer promotion NFL Sunday ticket for $74.99 a month and the free premiere package for four months. Superfan was also thrown in for free.

MTG#10
09-07-2008, 02:37 PM
That's weird that directv won't give you a free HD DVR. I have three of them and all were provided at no cost (Except shipping $19.95). This year I even was given the new customer promotion NFL Sunday ticket for $74.99 a month and the free premiere package for four months. Superfan was also thrown in for free.

Yeah because your 3 were provided during the initial installation. When I signed up for DirecTV they didnt even have HD DVR.

UteChief
09-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah because your 3 were provided during the initial installation. When I signed up for DirecTV they didnt even have HD DVR.

Um, no. I have had Directv since 2001.

MTG#10
09-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Um, no. I have had Directv since 2001.

DirecTV will not upgrade 3 HD receivers to HDDVR's for no charge. There's a detail or two you're leaving out or your full of shit.

UteChief
09-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Or you're an asshole. Last year I bought an HDTV and they gave me one then. I called and received one about two months ago and I just had the third installed on Monday. Why would I lie about something that is so retarded to lie about. Who gives a shit? I can explain how I did the whole thing if you need me to.

MTG#10
09-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Or you're an asshole. Last year I bought an HDTV and they gave me one then. I called and received one about two months ago and I just had the third installed on Monday. Why would I lie about something that is so retarded to lie about. Who gives a shit? I can explain how I did the whole thing if you need me to.

I apologize, Ive had a few and I was still in a bad mood about the game. Ive called them 5-6 times, threatened to go back to Dish, nothing works. They still want the $199 "upgrade fee". Ive been a customer since 2003 and have never been late on a payment.

UteChief
09-07-2008, 03:48 PM
This won't help you this year with NFL Sunday Ticket but I canceled mine when I received the first payment due. I called back two weeks ago and said to the CSR I canceled because of how expensive it was but I heard you were had some offers to renew it. The CSR gave me several options. I wrote them down and then asked them about the HD-DVR. The best deal they would give me was $99.00.

I called a few days later let them know I would like to do the new customer deal for $74.99 and receive the premium package free for four months. The CSR said oh was that with the free Super Fan package. I said sure. I asked a second time about the HD-DVR and again was told the best she could do was $99.00. I told her just to hook up the premium package and the Sunday Ticket.

I called a third time two days later and told the CSR a friend of mine was given the HD-DVR for free but when I called two days earlier the best they could offer was $99.00. Do I have a friend that did this? No. But I have read several threads on sites were people did get it for free. The CSR apologized about the misinformation and said I was eligible. She put me on hold for a few minutes and scheduled the installation for the next Monday.

There was a problem with my bill and it was not set up correctly. They left my plan as is and just added Sunday Ticket. I had to make a fourth call yesterday to get the plan changed to what I was originally offered. One of the CSRs was a jerk and when I asked for a supervisor he left me on hold for several minutes. I then asked the CSR for the retention department.

When I spoke to the retention department I explained that I asked to speak with them not because I wanted to cancel my account but the previous CSR was an ass and wouldn't get a supervisor for me.

I work in customer service and do not treat the people on the phone bad. I am generally pretty nice and I don't lie. I just ask and will say I know people that have received the offer (even though it may be someone online). Patience and persistence pay off. I saved $199.00 on the receiver, $99.00 on Super Fan, basically I am getting Sunday ticket for free $41.50 x 5 and get a $30 discount on the premium package for four months.

BigMeatballDave
09-08-2008, 06:06 PM
This won't help you this year with NFL Sunday Ticket but I canceled mine when I received the first payment due. I called back two weeks ago and said to the CSR I canceled because of how expensive it was but I heard you were had some offers to renew it. The CSR gave me several options. I wrote them down and then asked them about the HD-DVR. The best deal they would give me was $99.00.
I got it free. I ordered online.

MTG#10
09-08-2008, 07:17 PM
I dont need Sunday Ticket. I just want a free upgrade to the HDDVR. :cuss:

UteChief
09-08-2008, 07:40 PM
I dont need Sunday Ticket. I just want a free upgrade to the HDDVR. :cuss:

Just call them and ask for it. Let them know I got one for free and see what they say.