PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Q&A with - BRODIE CROYLE - 8/5

Tribal Warfare
08-05-2008, 02:55 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/08/05/qa_with__brodie_croyle__85/

Q&A with - BRODIE CROYLE - 8/5
Aug 05, 2008, 1:52:27 PM

Q: How much are you going to play on Thursday at Chicago?

BRODIE CROYLE: “Hopefully we’ll play long enough to get rolling and get some momentum heading into next week.”

Q: How much would you like to play?

CROYLE: “We probably need to play a little bit more than normal. It’s a new offense and a new offensive line. We just need to get out there and get our timing going.”

Q: How much time do you need together to get your timing down?

CROYLE: “It might two series, it might be four series, you never really know. It will be good to get out there against a different look and a different defense. We’ll gauge it off of that.”

Q: How do you feel about where you are right now?

CROYLE: “I feel good about where we’re at. It’s been a good camp. We’re starting to click as an offense. It’s a matter of carrying it over to a game now.”

Q: Is winning in the preseason even more important this year?

CROYLE: “We need to get out there and win a game. We’d like to put some points on the board early and let the other guys come in and finish it up.”

Q: Are you anxious to get other there against some real competition?

CROYLE: “We are. We’re ready for a different team and a different look. It will be nice to face some guys who don’t know every route we’re running. It will be good to get out there and get bumped around a bit and get a few bumps and bruises.”

Q: What have you seen from your young running backs?

CROYLE: “With RB Jamaal Charles, he’s the fastest guy I’ve ever played with in the pros or in college. There aren’t a whole lot of guys who can bounce it out and outrun a corner and a safety. He’s got that kind of speed. He’s probably one of our best pass blockers. He gets really excited when he picks up a blitz and he stalemates ‘em. He also runs between the tackles pretty well. RB Dantrell Savage has had a great camp. He reads holes very well. They’ve both had very good camps and it will be fun to watch them play.”

Q: How often have you been reminded that you haven’t won a game as a starting QB for the Chiefs?

CROYLE: “A lot. Until that changes, I guess I’ll keep getting asked that question.”

Q: Does this camp feel any different knowing you’re the starter as opposed to competing for the job?

CROYLE: “Of course. Last year at this time, I was competing to get a starting job. This year it’s a different kind of pressure. Last year I put pressure on myself to try to win the job. This year people are looking at me to put us in the right plays and put the ball where it’s supposed to be. There’s always going to be pressure, you just deal with it and play with it.”

Q: How do you approach those different types of pressure?

CROYLE: “The same way you approach pressure in a game; know what you’re doing and know what your teammates are supposed to be doing and get ‘em in the right plays.”

Q: How helpful has QB Damon Huard been to you?

CROYLE: “He’s been great. Even when I first got into the starting lineup last year, he was always very positive when I came off the field, never negative. He’ll drop you some little hints. ‘If you see this guy do this, you might have the dig on the backside,’ stuff like that. He’s everything a young quarterback could ask for.”

Q: Do you have a different demeanor knowing that this is your job?

CROYLE: “I can tell a difference and everyone who knows me can. Damon obviously can. It’s just different. Last year I was competing for a job. This year, I’m competing within myself. When the team doesn’t know who the quarterback is, it makes it hard for them to believe in one guy. We kind of ran into that last year. When you know it’s your job and you know it’s up to you to win games, you approach it differently.”

Q: Did it give you a confidence boost when this team didn’t draft another quarterback this spring?

CROYLE: “They told me (that I was their guy) right after the season. They’ve stayed true to that. I don’t have a reason not to believe them. As soon as they told me that, I started preparing that way. It gives you an added sense of confidence when your front office and your coach believe in you. Now it’s just a matter of going out there and proving it.”

Q: Sometimes coaches and quarterbacks are tied together. Do you feel that you and Herm (Edwards) will sink or swim together?

CROYLE: “Hopefully it’s more swim than sink. He (Edwards) obviously believes in me. I just have to go out there and prove that he made the right decision.”

Q: What will it take for you guys to exceed the expectations that some people may have for you?

CROYLE: “We have to go out there and play smart. We can’t turn the ball over. Play good defense, run the ball and we’ll be right there. Some folks aren’t giving us much of a shot, but that’s not always a bad place to start. Sometimes you can sneak up on people that way.”

Q: Talk about your rapport with WR Dwayne Bowe?

CROYLE: “We’re getting more of a feel for each other every day. We’re seeing the game the same way and we’re seeing the same holes. Instead of waiting for him to get open, I’m throwing it to an open spot because I know he’ll get there. It’s starting to take shape that way. We’re going to continue to work on it. We’ve got a lot of years left together.”

Q: How about WR Devard Darling on the other side?

CROYLE: “Devard’s had a good camp. He had a really good mini-camp and he’s had a good training camp so far. He’s kind of our speed guy who can run away from people. We need that and we’re hoping for a big year from him.

DeezNutz
08-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Q: How much are you going to play on Thursday at Chicago?

BRODIE CROYLE: “Hopefully we’ll play long enough to get rolling and get some momentum heading into next week.”

All game, huh? I would think Herm would want to give a couple of snaps to Pigpen and Downfield.

Direckshun
08-05-2008, 03:02 PM
God damn it.

booyaf2
08-05-2008, 03:05 PM
PRINT EM!

KurtCobain
08-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Croyle for probowl

Coogs
08-05-2008, 03:06 PM
I've just spent the past hour listening to KK on 810. I have not listened to that station much in the past year or so, but everytime I do I believe KK spends nearly all of his Chiefs talk time bagging on Croyle.

If for no other reason at all than to shut this azz clown up, I hope Croyle turns out to be a franchise QB. Dude doesn't even know Croyle's record as a starter. Just sad! You would think if you are going to rail on a guy like he does you would at least get your facts straight.

noa
08-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I wonder why no one asks Brodie if going into camp knowing he is the starter made any difference to him.

StcChief
08-05-2008, 03:12 PM
I think Brodie will develop, hope the OL can keep Bears at bay......I have my doubts there.

CoMoChief
08-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Q: Does this camp feel any different knowing you’re the starter as opposed to competing for the job?

This question gets asked on a press conference by press conference basis.

It's rather silly and unprofessional to ask the same ****ing thing that many times over and over again.

Reerun_KC
08-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Croyle throws a pick, Chiefsplanet implodes like Hiroshima!

J Diddy
08-05-2008, 03:25 PM

This question gets asked on a press conference by press conference basis.

It's rather silly and unprofessional to ask the same ****ing thing that many times over and over again.

same as making him aware he hasn't won a game

Mecca
08-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I've just spent the past hour listening to KK on 810. I have not listened to that station much in the past year or so, but everytime I do I believe KK spends nearly all of his Chiefs talk time bagging on Croyle.

If for no other reason at all than to shut this azz clown up, I hope Croyle turns out to be a franchise QB. Dude doesn't even know Croyle's record as a starter. Just sad! You would think if you are going to rail on a guy like he does you would at least get your facts straight.

It's pretty difficult to be confident in a guy who hasn't won a game, is overly injury prone and has a body like an anorexic.

Fish
08-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Q: What have you seen from your young running backs?

CROYLE: “With RB Jamaal Charles, he’s the fastest guy I’ve ever played with in the pros or in college. There aren’t a whole lot of guys who can bounce it out and outrun a corner and a safety. He’s got that kind of speed. He’s probably one of our best pass blockers. He gets really excited when he picks up a blitz and he stalemates ‘em. He also runs between the tackles pretty well. RB Dantrell Savage has had a great camp. He reads holes very well. They’ve both had very good camps and it will be fun to watch them play.”

Good to hear...

InChiefsHell
08-05-2008, 04:03 PM
same as making him aware he hasn't won a game

Really, it's ridiculous. Why don't they ask the questions we all really want the answer to? Like, is Kelly a screamer...:D

KCrockaholic
08-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Jamaal Charles is exciting to hear about. for those of you that read the chiefs-wrap daily on kcchiefs.com the play of the day almost always talks about Charles breaking off a 30, 65, 70, 80 yard run. I cant wait to see it in real game action. ...just 2 more days!!!!

KurtCobain
08-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Really, it's ridiculous. Why don't they ask the questions we all really want the answer to? Like, is Kelly a screamer...:D

She needs to get in there and play some QB. I bet you she could last longer than Brodie.

BigVE
08-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Dude doesn't even know Croyle's record as a starter. Just sad! You would think if you are going to rail on a guy like he does you would at least get your facts straight.

I think just KNOWING that he has not won a game as a starter is enough at this point.

chiefs1111
08-05-2008, 06:53 PM
It's pretty difficult to be confident in a guy who hasn't won a game, is overly injury prone and has a body like an anorexic.

Yes,but your forgetting,he has a cannon for an arm! :D

KurtCobain
08-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Yes,but your forgetting,he has a cannon for an arm! :D

he also has a huge schlong

evolve27
08-05-2008, 06:56 PM
When Kelli's husband keeps saying "we", he's including Kelli, just to clear that up with you all. Isn't that cute?

KC Tattoo
08-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Brodies gots the goods they will deliver.

C-Mac
08-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I wonder why no one asks Brodie if going into camp knowing he is the starter made any difference to him.

I was just wondering the same thing......

TEX
08-05-2008, 08:58 PM
I think Brodie will develop, hope the OL can keep Bears at bay......I have my doubts there.

Yeah but develop into what? The OL is gonna be scary bad Thursday night and probably for a good portion of the season. IMO, Croyle won't even be in the league 3 years from now - If he is, he won't be a starter. Not a popular opinion around here, but the guy hasn't shown much.

blueballs
08-05-2008, 09:23 PM
all those pancakes
he'll be bigger than Russell
go IHOP offense

InChiefsHell
08-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah but develop into what? The OL is gonna be scary bad Thursday night and probably for a good portion of the season. IMO, Croyle won't even be in the league 3 years from now - If he is, he won't be a starter. Not a popular opinion around here, but the guy hasn't shown much.

Oh, go stick yer head in a garbage disposal...mr gloom and doom...:D

FAX
08-05-2008, 10:10 PM

Amen and a Atwo. I stopped listening to that clown last year for the very reason you have cited, Mr. Coogs. No matter what Croyle does or doesn't do, that idiot will find some reason to call for his head. I cannot imagine a local guy here in N'ville doing that to one of the Tack quarterbacks. He'd be run out of town by an hopped up diker gang in short order.

FAX