PDA

View Full Version : Royals Royals Suspensions

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 03:12 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/734774.html
Royals’ Greinke, Olivo suspended five games, Hillman one

The Kansas City Star

The verdict has come down from the commissioner’s office on suspensions related to the Royals-White Sox brawl on Sunday.

Royals pitcher Zack Greinke and catcher Miguel Olivo were suspended five games each and manager Trey Hillman received a one-game suspension. White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen was suspended two games.

In the fifth inning of the Royals’ 14-3 win on Sunday, Olivo charged the mound after taking a third consecutive pitch high and tight from White Sox reliever D.J. Carrasco. The benches cleared, and Olivo, who was trying to be held back by White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski, landed a punch on the top of Pierzynski’s head. Olivo, Carrasco and Guillen were ejected.

Two innings later, Greinke was tossed after hitting Nick Swisher in the hip with a fastball. Because both teams had been warned, Greinke and Hillman were ejected.

Carrasco was not suspended. There was no immediate word whether the players would appeal.

Deberg_1990
08-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Didnt see that game. How could Carrasco not get suspended? Didnt he start it all?

SCTrojan
08-05-2008, 03:14 PM
I guess Zack should have just jacked three in a row up and in on Swisher, and he would have avoided suspension.

DeezNutz
08-05-2008, 03:16 PM
If Carrasco received zero games, there's no way Greinke should have received the same as Olivo. The pitch slipped, just like Carrasco's "sinkers" just happened to be up and in, three ****ing times in a row.

Gonzo
08-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Why couldn't this have been Tony Pena Jr. instead of a good player?

Multiple instances of dumbassery last night...

HemiEd
that is bullshit, I have never seen a pitcher try so hard to hit someone, as Carrasco did. He started the ****ing thing, he should be the one suspended, not Greinke. :cuss: Greinke's was a kind of, excuse me, but I gotta do this type of a thing. :cuss:

KurtCobain
**** the white sox

Beerfund
08-05-2008, 03:22 PM
That's bullshit Zack got 5 days

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 03:23 PM
I'd hope Zack appeals....and ozzie should've gotten more than 2 considering he admits he brings in pitchers to bean people (unwritten rule) but not one you admit

CoMoChief
08-05-2008, 03:25 PM
I hate only one team in MLB and that's the Chicago White Sox.

gblowfish
08-05-2008, 03:26 PM

Maybe next time he's put in this position, he'll get his money's worth.

Bowser
JFC

Frazod
Unbelievable. :shake:

Nightfyre
08-05-2008, 03:27 PM
How does suspension work for a pitcher/

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 03:30 PM
How does suspension work for a pitcher/

He'll miss 1 start

HC_Chief
08-05-2008, 03:31 PM

No shit. He followed protocol. His pitch was to the hip. Carrasco was headhunting.

Bowser
08-05-2008, 03:32 PM
I hate only one team in MLB and that's the Chicago White Sox.

Ditto, and that's been intensified with this crappola ruling.

How long do you think it will take Guillen to order someone to hit a Royal in Chicago?

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 03:33 PM
The Ump is an idiot in the first place apologizing.....what kind of pussy are you to do that? Umps never apologize from what i recall...

That probably is what got carrasco out of it....3 up and in is always suspicious....they never once changed direction!

Fish
08-05-2008, 03:37 PM
The Ump is an idiot in the first place apologizing.....what kind of pussy are you to do that? Umps never apologize from what i recall...

That probably is what got carrasco out of it....3 up and in is always suspicious....they never once changed direction!

This was mentioned before.... the ump didn't apologize for anything. When they had the little ump pow wow they were discussing whether Carassco threw a punch or not. They didn't apologize.

chiefbowe82
08-05-2008, 03:41 PM
zack for 5 games? hillman got suspended? guillen for only two? none for Carrasco? wow...

thurman merman
what a bunch of horse shit

Stewie
This is total bullshit! Carrasco gets nothing? What about the ump who missed the "foul" ball off of Casey's foot. That SOB should be suspended, too! He was making shit up as the play evolved.

Thig Lyfe
08-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Greinke and Hillman shouldn't be suspended at all.

petegz28
08-05-2008, 03:55 PM
****ing BS! HTF do you suspend Grienke for 5 games and Carrasco goes free? GTF out of here with this bullshit. Rigged ****ing league is what that shit proves.

beavis
08-05-2008, 03:57 PM
This is f'n great. The Royals need a rivalry like this.

But the suspensions are total bs! :cuss:

Fish
08-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Hopefully this will piss them off and they'll take it out on the Bosox tonight.....

Thig Lyfe
08-05-2008, 03:59 PM
****ing BS! HTF do you suspend Grienke for 5 games and Carrasco goes free? GTF out of here with this bullshit. Rigged ****ing league is what that shit proves.

The MLB is trying to stop our inevtiable 40-10 run to finish the season and go into the playoffs. No matter. They'll get through it and prove them wrong. THEY'LL PROVE THEM ALLLLLL WRONG!

POND_OF_RED
08-05-2008, 04:00 PM
They should have suspended Pierzynski just for looking like a fag

petegz28
08-05-2008, 04:02 PM
The MLB is trying to stop our inevtiable 40-10 run to finish the season and go into the playoffs. No matter. They'll get through it and prove them wrong. THEY'LL PROVE THEM ALLLLLL WRONG!

You think it don't pain a lot of owners in the league to see the sorry as Royals spanking the Sox?

Thig Lyfe
08-05-2008, 04:06 PM
You think it don't pain a lot of owners in the league to see the sorry as Royals spanking the Sox?

Of course it does. We're being oppressed.

thurman merman
08-05-2008, 04:07 PM
They should have suspended Pierzynski just for looking like a Rump Ranger

ROFL

Reaper16
08-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Stupid.

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 04:14 PM
I think its an insult to the Royals as a team and organization when we get nailed with this type of shit. Hope Dayton tells the league to **** off

Thig Lyfe
08-05-2008, 04:16 PM
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/05/23-End/tropic-thunder-jack-black-poster.jpg

chiefqueen
08-05-2008, 04:20 PM
OK, boys & girls, here's what the Royals should have Zach do:

1. Have Zach appeal his suspension
2. Pitch Zach Fri. night (4 days rest also I'm attending the game)
3. Sat. morning Zach drops his appeal
4. Resume the rotation Sat night with Davies (he also pitches the finale 8/14 against the ChiSox).
5. Pitch Zach again 8/15 against NYY.

With Mon. being an off day nobody goes on short rest.

As for the others

I don't care what Olivo does.

Hillman CAN NOT appeal his suspension, in fact, I think he had to leave stadium grounds COMPLETELY once it was announced. (Managers used to be able to watch the game from the owner's or GM's box, or even sit in the radio and/or TV booth when serving suspensions but MLB revised that rule a few years back.)

kcfanXIII
08-05-2008, 04:23 PM
kcconnection should be along any second to tell us how wrong we all are. its bullshit. no way around it. i've got no problem with the royals suspensions as long as the dingy sox from south side chicago are punished equally. really if this is how it works, then the next time we play the sox, i say we bring up 3 or 4 pitchers, and bean the bases full. then point at ozzie saying "your next"

Silock
08-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Horseshit.

Demonpenz
08-05-2008, 04:26 PM
kcconnection should be along any second to tell us how wrong we all are. its bullshit. no way around it. i've got no problem with the royals suspensions as long as the dingy sox from south side chicago are punished equally. really if this is how it works, then the next time we play the sox, i say we bring up 3 or 4 pitchers, and bean the bases full. then point at ozzie saying "your next"

Considering the royals are the ones that charged the mound then hit a person after we have been warned I would say the suspensions are ok exept for guillen should be longer.

Reaper16
08-05-2008, 04:28 PM
The only BS part of it is D.J. not getting suspended, too. Not only did he start all of this, but he hit Olivo with his hand when Olivo ran up to him.

Silock
08-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Considering the royals are the ones that charged the mound then hit a person after we have been warned I would say the suspensions are ok exept for guillen should be longer.

So, you're okay with the fact that Carrasco got off scott-free?

Demonpenz
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
So, you're okay with the fact that Carrasco got off scott-free?

Carrasco didn't do anything wrong. He isn't the one that charged the mound and he has a right to pitch inside

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Carrasco didn't do anything wrong. He isn't the one that charged the mound and he has a right to pitch inside

ROFL i can't tell if you're being serious

Silock
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM

Three in a row to the head = nothing wrong? Come on, dude.

Demonpenz
08-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Three in a row to the head = nothing wrong? Come on, dude.

It hit oliva's hand not head. Pitchers have the right to pitch inside, and you can't charge the mound. The league agrees.

Mizzou_8541
08-05-2008, 04:43 PM

ROFL I like where your head is at. It's never going to happen, but I like where it's at.

kcfanXIII
08-05-2008, 04:49 PM
the one that hit him, hit him in his hands. he had to spin, and duck out of the way of the first two. NTM, olivo has been thrown at all season by the dingy sox.

reread my post. no problem with the royals suspensions, my problem is the fact carasco got off, and guillen (who admitted he's called for his pitcher to bean a batter) should have been suspended for longer than two games.

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 04:51 PM
It hit oliva's hand not head. Pitchers have the right to pitch inside, and you can't charge the mound. The league agrees.

good lord your confusing me now

Demonpenz
08-05-2008, 04:55 PM
good lord your confusing me now

The royals are the ones that broke the rules. Carasco didn't do anything wrong. In fact pitching inside is key for trying to get grounders

Mr. Arrowhead
08-05-2008, 04:58 PM
The royals are the ones that broke the rules. Carasco didn't do anything wrong. In fact pitching inside is key for trying to get grounders
My ass, that dude threw not 1, not 2, but 3 pitches right to the head.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-05-2008, 05:08 PM
They should have suspended Pierzynski just for looking like a Rump Ranger

I don't think its a "look". Just who he is.

Bowser
08-05-2008, 05:09 PM

LMAO

jidar
08-05-2008, 05:22 PM

IT HIT HIS ****ING HAND BECAUSE HE ****ING DUCKED AND YOU HOLD THE BAT WITH YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD YOU DUMB MOTHER****ER

Demonpenz
08-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Oh well doesn't matter what I think. I am just glad the league got it right

Valiant
08-05-2008, 05:45 PM

That makes zero sense..

There was a warning, then Carrasco beans him.. Olivio runs up there then stops.. PJ wraps his arms around him and then Carrasco flails a bitchslappunch at him.. Then Olivio punches AJ.. Then Greinke beans one..

If anything it should be imo

Carrasco 5games
Olivio 5games
AJ 5games
Greinke 3games
Guillen 5games
Hillmen 2games

Demonpenz
08-05-2008, 05:46 PM
That makes zero sense..

There was a warning, then Carrasco beans him.. Olivio runs up there then stops.. PJ wraps his arms around him and then Carrasco flails a bitchslappunch at him.. Then Olivio punches AJ.. Then Greinke beans one..

If anything it should be imo

Carrasco 5games
Olivio 5games
AJ 5games
Greinke 3games
Guillen 5games
Hillmen 2games

There was no warning, if there was, carrasco gets the boot and so does guillen

thurman merman
08-05-2008, 05:47 PM
why does olivo get 5 games for charging the mound and wussing out, anyway? i know he eventually tapped pierzicuucyziyzznkssisikiski on the head, but that shouldn't be worth 5 games.

Valiant
08-05-2008, 05:49 PM
why does olivo get 5 games for charging the mound and wussing out, anyway? i know he eventually tapped pierzicuucyziyzznkssisikiski on the head, but that shouldn't be worth 5 games.

They all will appeal and get them either dropped or lowered...

Mr. Arrowhead
08-05-2008, 06:25 PM
There was no warning, if there was, carrasco gets the boot and so does guillen
they both got booted, did you even ****ing watch the game

Dartgod
08-05-2008, 06:30 PM
they both got booted, did you even ****ing watch the game
*Sigh*

There was no warning before the pitch hit Olivo. DJ got booted after the fact and Ozzie got booted for arguing that DJ should not have been ejected.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-05-2008, 06:31 PM
*Sigh*

There was no warning before the pitch hit Olivo. DJ got booted after the fact and Ozzie got booted for arguing that DJ should not have been ejected.
so its cool that you can throw at someones head 3 straight pitches

Dartgod
08-05-2008, 06:34 PM
so its cool that you can throw at someones head 3 straight pitches
Has everyone here gone stupid? Where did I ever say that?

Try to follow along...

Valiant said there was a warning.

Demonpenz said there was no warning.

YOU said then why did they both get booted.

I explained the sequence of events and in no way said it was ok for DJ to throw at his head three times (although he technically did not throw at his head).

Sheeeesh..

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
ESPN News reported on TV that MLB was investigating Ozzie's statements toward the Royals about signing a five-yr contract and he is going to play against us several times so let the warning be out there, of course I am paraphrasing.

They said they were looking into disciplinary actions.

Quoted from royalboard.com

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Greinke and Olivo are appealing their suspensions according to MLB.com

Coach
08-05-2008, 06:52 PM

What's even more bullshitter is that D.J. didn't get any suspensions, when it was CLEARLY obvious that he was trying to plunk Olivio.

F**k the MLB.

Coach
08-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Greinke and Olivo are appealing their suspensions according to MLB.com

Hell yes, I'd appeal it, considering that D.J. didn't even get suspended. What a sham. :shake:

VonneMarie
08-05-2008, 07:02 PM
OMG, are they ****ing serious? First off, it's complete bullshit that DJ didn't get suspended. So you're telling the league that it is ok to throw at the hitters high and inside. That bitch even hit Olivo so he should at least be suspended for that shit alone! Second of all that pussy Guillens suspension should be a hell of a lot longer then two ****ing days. That's complete horseshit, right there. And third of all, think Grienke's suspension should only be a game like Hillmans.

All and all, the Royals got hosed, but it's good to know they're appealing.

VonneMarie
08-05-2008, 07:07 PM
ESPN News reported on TV that MLB was investigating Ozzie's statements toward the Royals about signing a five-yr contract and he is going to play against us several times so let the warning be out there, of course I am paraphrasing.

They said they were looking into disciplinary actions.

Quoted from royalboard.com

Well this was all they did.

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount for his aggressive actions during the incident, which included making contact with Umpire Tim Timmons, and for his comments following the game. Guillen will begin to serve his suspension tonight, when the White Sox host the Detroit Tigers.

BS.

petegz28
08-05-2008, 07:27 PM

He threw at his head twice. He hit Olivo when Olivo charged and A. J. Rump Ranger was holding Olivo's arms.

petegz28
08-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Has everyone here gone stupid? Where did I ever say that?

Try to follow along...

Valiant said there was a warning.

Demonpenz said there was no warning.

YOU said then why did they both get booted.

I explained the sequence of events and in no way said it was ok for DJ to throw at his head three times (although he technically did not throw at his head).

Sheeeesh..

Olivo hit the dirt twice and the ball hit where his head was....you do the math.

petegz28
08-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Well this was all they did.

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount for his aggressive actions during the incident, which included making contact with Umpire Tim Timmons, and for his comments following the game. Guillen will begin to serve his suspension tonight, when the White Sox host the Detroit Tigers.

BS.

I was at the game. The militant midget looked liek a little kid not a big league manager. How can you NOT expect your pitcher to get tossed after that?

I can't wait until we play them again and **** up their playoff run AGAIN!