PDA

View Full Version : Books So your kid turns out to be a gay...

SPATCH
08-05-2008, 11:30 PM

edit: you gotta beat it out of him, right?

another edit: forgot.... the power of prayer will take care of it too

ClevelandBronco
08-05-2008, 11:31 PM
No, it's your kid who turned out to be gay.

Maybe there's a poll coming or something...

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 11:31 PM
I would kick that freak out of my house, is what I'd do.

thurman merman
08-05-2008, 11:35 PM
is this an accusation?

RibKing67
08-05-2008, 11:37 PM
My kid would not "turn out to be gay".

He may choose to be gay in which case I would choose to not have contact with him except for holidays and forced family events. It is not something that happens to you it is a choice. As much as I love my kids that is the truth of the matter.

SPATCH
08-05-2008, 11:39 PM
My kid would not "turn out to be a gay".

He may choose to be gay in which case I would choose to not have contact with him except for holidays and forced family events. It is not something that happens to you it is a choice. As much as I love my kids that is the truth of the matter.

FYP...

it's A gay

Fruit Ninja
I would be hell of upset at first, but after a cool down period i would be like it is what it is, but dont do any of that touchy feely shit with your other in front of me. lol I mean i have known folks that are gay, my good friends brother is gay and it didnt bother me. I just dont like to see them being affectionate in front of me. Its grosses me out.

The Bad Guy

Very, very sad that you would let your own insecurities come in the way of the relationship with your child if he/she turned out to be gay.

I would be upset if my child turned out to be gay initially, but I would support the decisions they make with his/her life.

ClevelandBronco
08-05-2008, 11:40 PM

I wish you the best of luck here.

|Zach|
08-05-2008, 11:41 PM

Feeling the love here.

Reaper16
08-05-2008, 11:43 PM
If my kid is homosexual, then absolutely nothing would change between us. Well, it would provide a new avenue to joke around with each other. That's about it.

ClevelandBronco
08-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Feeling the love here.

Don't feel that.

And definitely don't feel it here.

blueballs
If he was gay for Midnight_Vulture
I would completely understand

Ultra Peanut

He may choose to be gay in which case I would choose to not have contact with him except for holidays and forced family events. It is not something that happens to you it is a choice. As much as I love my kids that is the truth of the matter.You're an awesome dad.

If he was gay for Midnight_Vulture
I would completely understandOkay, now that's a case where you kick the crazy **** out.

SNR
08-05-2008, 11:45 PM
People don't choose to be gay. They either are gay or they're not gay. The only choice they have in the matter is if they want to tell people or not.

Reaper16
08-05-2008, 11:45 PM

Kudos for sharing a strong opinion. This may not turn out well for you, bud. And I'll be very glad if the response is brutal, because I couldn't possibly condemn that opinion strongly enough.

SPATCH
08-05-2008, 11:46 PM
People don't choose to be gay. They either are gay or they're not gay. The only choice they have in the matter is if they want to tell people or not.

unless you make them hunt 'n stuff... beatin' the gay out of them works too

DaneMcCloud
08-05-2008, 11:46 PM

My hero!

:shake:

Reaper16
08-05-2008, 11:47 PM
unless you make them hunt 'n stuff... beatin' the gay out of them works too
A socially stunting and emotionally repressive trip to a religious camp will work as well.

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Kudos for sharing a strong opinion. This may not turn out well for you, bud. And I'll be very glad if the response is brutal, because I couldn't possibly condemn that opinion strongly enough.p. much

And before anyone whines about "POLITICALLY CORRECT HOO-HA GRRRRRR" if a firestorm erupts, I feel that I should remind you whiny bitches (you know who you are, BD) that your rights extend to offering opinions. You do not possess the right to offer an incredibly backwards opinion and not have anyone call you on it.

Reaper16
08-05-2008, 11:50 PM
p. much

And before anyone whines about "POLITICALLY CORRECT HOO-HA GRRRRRR" if a firestorm erupts, I feel that I should remind you whiny bitches (you know who you are, BD) that your rights extend to offering opinions. You do not possess the right to offer an incredibly backwards opinion and not have anyone call you on it.
LMAO

SNR
unless you make them hunt 'n stuff... beatin' the gay out of them works tooSure thing. Study after study shows it's genetic. But surrounding them with manly things as kids will cure them. It's a medical miracle!

DaneMcCloud
p. much

Big Daddy's too busy have three way sex with his lesbian wife and her friend, though that's not gay at all. :shake:

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Don't feel that.

And definitely don't feel it here.Ooh, you like it in the face, don't you?

SPATCH
Sure thing. Study after study shows it's genetic. But surrounding them with manly things as kids will cure them. It's a medical miracle!

it's a miracle of the good lord, is what it is

ClevelandBronco
My hero!

Don't mind the guy from West Hollywood, RibKing, get this going....

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Sure thing. Study after study shows it's genetic. But surrounding them with manly things as kids will cure them. It's a medical miracle!You act like it doesn't work. My dad took me hunting when I was a kid, and I turned out straight.

HolmeZz
08-05-2008, 11:56 PM

I remember the day I chose to be straight.

*strokes chin and reminisces*

SPATCH
08-05-2008, 11:57 PM
You act like it doesn't work. My dad took me hunting when I was a kid, and I turned out straight.

hell yeah.... me too. i'm straighter then shit. i hate dudes.

SNR
08-05-2008, 11:58 PM

*strokes chin and reminisces*Did you go out and have a drink with your bros afterward to celebrate?

HolmeZz
08-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Did you go out and have a drink with your bros afterward to celebrate?

"I have mated with a woman. Inform the men."

http://cygne.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/zapp.jpg

ClevelandBronco
08-05-2008, 11:59 PM

Let's see. Some of the guys are sprouting chin hair. On the other hand the girls are sporting...hmmm. What shall we call them?

Who gives a damn? Attack!

Spicy McHaggis
08-06-2008, 12:02 AM
A socially stunting and emotionally repressive trip to a religious camp will work as well.

Hmmm. Are there any camps where you praise Jesus AND get to kill woodland animals?

DaneMcCloud
08-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Don't mind the guy from West Hollywood, RibKing, get this going....

Hey!

I don't live in WeHo.

Anymore :D

SPATCH
08-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Hmmm. Are there any camps where you praise Jesus AND get to kill woodland animals?

you would be unwise in ****ing with the woodland critters

http://media.southparkstudios.com/media/images/1111/1111_woodland_critters.jpg

RibKing67
08-06-2008, 12:09 AM
So lets see to be politically correct and tolerate that which you disagree with is acceptable but to stand for what you believe is insecurity and ignorance?
And if your in the majority on an issue then you do not have to tolerate the other view point?
I see how this is going now.....
I posted my opinion. I am not asking you to agree with me. I stated what I would do. I am not going to argue the point and basis for what I believe. I will agree to disagree.

Spicy McHaggis
08-06-2008, 12:09 AM
you would be unwise in ****ing with the woodland critters

Actually we could use those guys in the death row inmate thread

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 12:12 AM
So lets see to be politically correct and tolerate that which you disagree with is acceptable but to stand for what you believe is insecurity and ignorance? When what you believe is insecure and ignorant, yeah.
And if your in the majority on an issue then you do not have to tolerate the other view point?
I posted my opinion. I am not asking you to agree with me. I stated what I would do. I am not going to argue the point and basis for what I believe. I will agree to disagree.Should've waited for BD to come along, RibKing. He's way better at shrill protestations in support of bigotry than you are. Or at least, he's more entertaining.

Also, I have to know: What would you do if your son told you he had been living a lie and really felt like he was a girl inside?

Please be hilarious, please be hilarious.

HolmeZz
So lets see to be politically correct and tolerate that which you disagree with is acceptable but to stand for what you believe is insecurity and ignorance?
I posted my opinion. I am not asking you to agree with me. I stated what I would do. I am not going to argue the point and basis for what I believe. I will agree to disagree.

Are you gonna disown your daughter once you find out she likes to take it in the ass?

That's a choice too, y'know.

DaneMcCloud

Personally, I don't see this as a "politically correct" issue.

We're talking about a loved one. A child. A person who hopefully grows to adulthood and finds happiness.

As a parent, it's your responsibility to guide, teach and nurture. You're not exempt from parenthood and parental responsibilities because your child realizes that he or she is gay.

Nor should you ever stop loving him or her.

How is that even possible?

SPATCH
08-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Actually we could use those guys in the death row inmate thread

BLOOD ORGY!

RibKing67
08-06-2008, 12:15 AM
. I am not asking you to agree with me. I stated what I would do. I am not going to argue the point and basis for what I believe. I will agree to disagree.

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 12:16 AM
.I'm genuinely curious about that question I asked you.

Also, why not put "Heavywt." in place of "HevyWght" in your custom title line? Or better, "Heavyweight Champ" instead of "HevyWght Champion" and drop the exclamation point if you have to?

Thig Lyfe
08-06-2008, 12:21 AM

It's not political correctness. It's scientific correctness. Homosexuality is not a choice. The fact that you'd abandon your kid if he/she were gay makes you a bad person, simple as that. No political correctness involved.

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 12:25 AM
I would have to agree like most people on here, never talk to him or her again, pray for their sins, and try to have another kid

mdstu
08-06-2008, 12:26 AM

Yeah I have always wondered if people that insist that homosexuality is a choice, actually had to make that choice for themselves.

Edit- And also do they choose to be attracted to the same sex or is acting on the attraction the choice? If a person was only attracted to the same sex and repulsed by the opposite, but chose to never enter a relationship (including sex), would they be homosexual?

I need these and many other questions answered before I judge.

SPATCH
08-06-2008, 12:27 AM
I would have to agree like most people on here, never talk to him or her again, pray for their sins, and try to have another kid

you gotta get the devil outta him.... that means prayin hard

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 12:28 AM
I think being gay is just not being able to do well with women. So then they go off with men because they suck with women

SPATCH
08-06-2008, 12:31 AM
I think being gay is just not being able to do well with women. So then they go off with men because they suck with women

so were you the guy holdin up those zany signs at the K last night?

Thig Lyfe
08-06-2008, 12:31 AM

This is literally what I thought when I was five.

You have the mentality of a five-year-old on this issue.

(You're joking, though, right?)

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 12:32 AM
so were you the guy holdin up those zany signs at the K last night?

??? I had signs but they were more serious, not zany

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 12:34 AM
(You're joking, though, right?)If you have to ask that of Demonpenz, the answer is yes.

SPATCH
08-06-2008, 12:35 AM
??? I had signs but they were more serious, not zany

"vince young is the worst passing quarterback in the NFL"

was that one of your signs?

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 12:37 AM
I am glad they don't allow gays in the military, they would spend too much time ****ing not fighting

Taco John
08-06-2008, 12:38 AM
I used to be a fundamentalist "you choose to be gay" tard. But then I got out in the world and actually learned about people. I know some guys who are gay, and there's no doubt about it - they're not making a choice here. They're just responding to their biological impulses.

If it turns out that my son is gay, I will do what already comes naturally: I will love him for who he is -- and especially who he is to me: my son. My love is not available to him only with preconditions -- least of all that God created him the way that is most pleasing to me.

Thig Lyfe
08-06-2008, 12:38 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D_RKi72nY2Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D_RKi72nY2Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 12:39 AM
God made adam and eve, not adam and steve

SPATCH
08-06-2008, 12:42 AM
and what's up with all these gays and their AIDS and stuff?

Taco John
08-06-2008, 12:44 AM

It's now called political correctness to love your offspring unconditionally? What's the point of being a Christian if you feel required to disown your kids if they turn out to be gay? God the Father has absolutely no use for your stupid pride.

BWillie
08-06-2008, 12:46 AM

You know, I don't like the way flamboyant gays act as much as the next guy but there is no freaking way being gay is a choice. Lets think about this in layman's terms, if being gay was a choice, then straight people would be able to physically screw a dude in the pooper if they had to right? Well if someone had a gun to my head, and said I had to be gay, my wang would still be curled up flaccid in between my legs. I know some gays go overboard and are attention seekers but there are a great deal that really don't want to be gay in the first place if they had the choice, and aren't the flamboyant gay type. Saying that all gay people choose to be gay is just an ignorant as shit blanket statement.

SPATCH
08-06-2008, 12:48 AM
God made adam and eve, not adam and steve

so. the VY sign? yes? no?

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Maybe the gays just aren't ready for that kind of vag talk.

Thig Lyfe
08-06-2008, 12:51 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vSnBhvaXURA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vSnBhvaXURA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reaper16
08-06-2008, 12:54 AM
There sure-as-Hell should be! Someone call Ted Nugent.

JohnnyV13
08-06-2008, 01:24 AM
Actually, the best scientific evidence with respect to homosexuality are twin studies. In twins raised apart, studies have shown that there is a 30 to 50 percent correlation that if one twin is gay that the other will also be gay.

This percentage indicates that there are both genetic and environmental factors involved in expressing homosexual behavior. If homosexualitywere purely genetic, the correlation would be close to 100 percent. If homosexuality were purely a learned behavior, the correlation would be just about the base homosexuality rate in society.

Now, whether homosexuality is a "choice" is another issue.

I suspect that there is "sexual imprinting" that occurs during a human's "critical period" (in animal behavior a period in which certain experiences must occur or else the adult animal will not develop certain behaviors). In human sexual imprinting, i suspect this period is around 12 to 15.

Evidence that homosexual behavior is somewhat malleable, comes from adult prisons. Incarcerated men express high levels of homosexual behavior. Many only demonstrate homosexuality while incarcerated, while being purely heterosexual outside of prison. Combining this evidence with "critical period" theory, suggests that young men who find women socially or psychologically unavailable during their critical peroid, might develop a homosexual orientation.

This mechanism might help explain why twin studies do not show either a pure genetic or purely environmental basis for homosexuality.

Of course, human psychology is far more complex than most mammals. Once this imprinting occurs, i'm not sure it can be changed later.

One of the problems with the "genetic" basis for homosexuality is that the behavior is essentially a genetic lethal in terms of getting your genes into the next generation. Consequently, harsh natural selection pressure against homosexuality "genes" should make this trait very rare over time.

However, a new study has shown that the sisters of gay men have higher fertility rates than normal females. This study suggests that there is a 'male attraction" secquence that causes homosexuality in male children and higher fertility and sex drive in females from the same parents. This study, if correct, provides a theoritcal basis to explain how genes which push people toward "gayness" have been maintained in the human gene pool.

SPATCH
08-06-2008, 01:37 AM
gayness

Mr. Kotter
08-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Actually, the best scientific evidence with respect to homosexuality are twin studies. In twins raised apart, studies have shown that there is a 30 to 50 percent correlation that if one twin is gay that the other will also be gay.

This percentage indicates that there are both genetic and environmental factors involved in expressing homosexual behavior. If homosexuality were purely genetic, the correlation would be close to 100 percent. If homosexuality were purely choice, the correlation would be just about the base homosexuality rate in society.

I suspect that there is "sexual imprinting" that occurs during a human's "critical period" (in animal behavior a period in which certain experiences must occur or else the adult animal will not develop certain behaviors). In human sexual imprinting, i suspect this period is around 12 to 15.

Evidence that homosexual behavior is somewhat malleable, comes from adult prisons. Incarcerated men express high levels of homosexual behavior. Many only demonstrate homosexuality while incarcerated, while being purely heterosexual outside of prison. Combining this evidence with "critical period" theory, suggests that young men who find women socially or psychologically unavailable during their critical peroid, might develop a homosexual orientation.

This mechanism might help explain why twin studies do not show either a pure genetic or purely environmental basis for homosexuality.

Of course, human psychology is far more complex than most mammals. Once this imprinting occurs, i'm not sure it can be changed later.

One of the problems with the "genetic" basis for homosexuality is that the behavior is essentially a genetic lethal in terms of getting your genes into the next generation. Consequently, harsh natural selection pressure against homosexuality "genes" should make this trait very rare over time.

However, a new study has shown that the sisters of gay men have higher fertility rates than normal females. This study suggests that there is a 'male attraction" secquence that causes homosexuality in male children and higher fertility and sex drive in females from the same parents. This study, if correct, provides a theoritcal basis to explain how genes which push people toward "gayness" have been maintained in the human gene pool.

Excellent post. :clap:

Expect some "anti-homophobic" neg-rep....as a result of your honesty and acumen though. :rolleyes:

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-06-2008, 01:53 AM

This percentage indicates that there are both genetic and environmental factors involved in expressing homosexual behavior. If homosexuality is purely a learned behavior, the correlation would be close to 100 percent. If homosexuality were purely choice, the correlation would be just about the base homosexuality rate in society.

Couldn't the lack of of a 100% correlation just as easily be explained by the epistemology of the closet?

Mr. Kotter
08-06-2008, 02:08 AM
Couldn't the lack of of a 100% correlation just as easily be explained by the epistemology of the closet?

Only if you presume homosexuality to be a desirable "norm" (in the loosest sense of the word....)

:hmmm:

Ari Chi3fs
08-06-2008, 02:16 AM
This thread is gay.

POND_OF_RED
08-06-2008, 02:22 AM
I would try to pray the gay away. Then I'd **** all of the hot girls that he shops with.

Prodigal19
08-06-2008, 02:25 AM

You are not posting your opinion, what you are posting is completely false. Saying that fays dont choose to be gay is as flat out wrong as saying that the earth is flat. It is not an opinion thing. I feel truly sorry for any kids you have if you have any growing up in the hope of a bigot.

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 02:31 AM
Only if you presume homosexuality to be a desirable "norm" (in the loosest sense of the word....)

:hmmm:Lots of homosexuals keep it on the DL. Ergo, that has to be taken into account.

You, of all people, should understand the "epistemology of the cloth."

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-06-2008, 02:40 AM

:hmmm:

I think you missed my point.

What I was getting at is that homosexuality would be in many cases, like "The Bradley effect". Being in the closet can be very tempting for several as there are definitive risks with outing yourself. Thus, the amount of people who are actually gay, as opposed to people who would affirm being gay, would differ. There's little doubt Larry Craig or Ted Haggard are gay men, but they would never admit to being so.

Therefore, how does said study reconcile this extremely common occurrence?

JohnnyV13
08-06-2008, 02:44 AM

I'm certain social pressure (the closet) certainly has an effect in supressing homosexual expression. Yet, the fact that gay people can suppress homosexuality to the extent that some have been able to function in long term heterosexual relationships also points out the malleability of this behavior.

The very fact that homosexuality can be supressed or channeled toward heterosexual behavior suggests the mixed nature of the behavior.

I have to point out that, as unpleasant as persecution of homosexuality is, it does serve an evolutionary purpose. A sociobiologist would argue that persecution of homosexuals helps get their genes into the next generation.

Consequently, evolutionary pressure would tend to favor parents who pressure their homosexual children toward heterosexual behavior.

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2008, 02:44 AM
I would kick that freak out of my house, is what I'd do.

and knock teh ghey out him ROFL

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2008, 02:46 AM
I would try to pray the gay away. Then I'd **** all of the hot girls that he shops with.

It seems like all the extremely smokin hot girls have at least one ghey friend.

Mr. Kotter
08-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Lots of homosexuals keep it on the DL. Ergo, that has to be taken into account.

You, of all people, should understand the "epistemology of the cloth."

DL? Maybe.... :shrug:

But, the out-dated and since dismissed Kinsey study that estimated the rate at 10% has been conclusively debunked by most reasonable folks, hasn't it (given he studied a prison population, and tried to explapolate his findings to the general population...???)

I think you missed my point.

What I was getting at is that homosexuality would be in many cases, like "The Bradley effect". Being in the closet can be very tempting for several as there are definitive risks with outing yourself. Thus, the amount of people who are actually gay, as opposed to people who would affirm being gay, would differ. There's little doubt Larry Craig or Ted Haggard are gay men, but they would never admit to being so.

Therefore, how does said study reconcile this extremely common occurrence?

Okay; so the rate isn't 1%....but, seriously, do you think it's higher than the 3-4% that most, reasonable, psychologists/socialogists estimate???

Even at 3-4%, I suspect you are including folks who have "experimented" even once, say, as an adolescent or had "one or two" experimental instances of homosexual contact....though I'm open to considering objective and balanced research that would dispute that...

:shrug:

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-06-2008, 02:53 AM
I'm certain social pressure (the closet) certainly has an effect in supressing homosexual expression. Yet, the fact that gay people can suppress homosexuality to the extent that some have been able to function in long term heterosexual relationships also points out the malleability of this behavior.

The very fact that homosexuality can be supressed or channeled toward heterosexual behavior suggests the mixed nature of the behavior.

I have to point out that, as unpleasant as persecution of homosexuality is, it does serve an evolutionary purpose. A sociobiologist would argue that persecution of homosexuals helps get their genes into the next generation.

Consequently, evolutionary pressure would tend to favor parents who pressure their homosexual children toward heterosexual behavior.

Or it points out the social untenability of homosexuality, which is why many people can go decades, or their entire life, without coming out. Fear of punishment is a strong social motivator, especially among small groups.

I agree that it makes sense from a purely evolutionary standpoint, but so does sterilizing the mentally retarded and all of those with less than desirable genetic "maladies".

Do we really want to go the route of the Alphas and Epsilons?

BigRock
08-06-2008, 04:39 AM
WHICH IS LESS ACCEPTABLE TO PATRONS OF THE BOARD:

- Disowning your son if he tells you he's gay.

or

- Asking your daughter if you can watch if she tells you she's gay.

Jayhawkerman2001
08-06-2008, 06:26 AM

that has to be the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Bigots are the ones that are slowing down the progress of this country...

knowmo3
08-06-2008, 07:01 AM
You are not born gay.... Its a stupid fetish is all it is. I don't think one "gay" guy could pass up the chance to plow the **** out of Jessica Alba....

Jessica Alba is the cure for "gay".

CoMoChief
08-06-2008, 07:10 AM
This is why you teach your kids whats right and wrong in life.

Jayhawkerman2001
08-06-2008, 07:24 AM
bigots that think like ribking are so afraid of homosexuality, when in actuality, it has nothing to do with them whatsoever. Your son is gay, its not like he's going to try and rape you or something... Be comfortable with you own sexuality so you can not be afraid of others just because they are different. I **** women, i love women and I am not afraid of homosexuality because I know where my preferences lie.

"I don't want to understand it because they may think im gay too..."

Bigots... i guess we wouldnt have anybody to make fun of without em...

LOCOChief
08-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Very, very sad that you would let your own insecurities come in the way of the relationship with your child if he/she turned out to be gay.

I would be upset if my child turned out to be gay initially, but I would support the decisions they make with his/her life.

Even if your child was doing or chose to do something self destructive you would support them? very very sad!

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 07:36 AM
You are not born gay.... Its a stupid fetish is all it is. I don't think one "gay" guy could pass up the chance to plow the **** out of Jessica Alba....haha wtf is this

Even if your child was doing or chose to do something self destructive you would support them? very very sad!The suicide rate is high for gay adolescents because being gay is wrong, right?

CoMoChief
08-06-2008, 07:50 AM
This is a problem with an easy solution.

Just **** your kid in the ass as hard as you can and then see if he wants to be gay after that.

My guess is that he won't, and the problem will be solved.

Braincase
08-06-2008, 07:52 AM
This is a problem with an easy solution.

Just **** your kid in the ass as hard as you can and then see if he wants to be gay after that.

My guess is that he won't, and the problem will be solved.

I'd guess with your penis the kid wouldn't feel much.

kepp
08-06-2008, 07:57 AM

No pun intended?

Fire Me Boy!
08-06-2008, 08:02 AM
You know, I don't like the way flamboyant gays act as much as the next guy but there is no freaking way being gay is a choice. Lets think about this in layman's terms, if being gay was a choice, then straight people would be able to physically screw a dude in the pooper if they had to right? Well if someone had a gun to my head, and said I had to be gay, my wang would still be curled up flaccid in between my legs. I know some gays go overboard and are attention seekers but there are a great deal that really don't want to be gay in the first place if they had the choice, and aren't the flamboyant gay type. Saying that all gay people choose to be gay is just an ignorant as shit blanket statement.

I've always liked to ask if straight people have the choice of who they're attracted to... some guys like fat chicks. Some guys like huge tits. Some guys like petite women. Some guys like chicks with tiny tatas. Some guys like midgets.

Guys, if you think girls with tiny tatas look like 10 year olds, and you find them physically unattractive, can you force yourself to like flat-chested women?

I don't like women with huge knockers - doesn't matter how many times I see 'em, I just think they're unattractive. The girl can have a great face and otherwise great body, but if she's got huge boobs, I'm not attracted. I have no choice in that. I can't help it.

Likewise, I just don't find midgets attractive. :shrug:

Braincase
08-06-2008, 08:07 AM
As someone who has had gay relatives and gay friends, and had real conversations with them, my experience leads me to believe that being gay is not a choice. For the gay people I have known, their sexual orientation came as naturally to them as being straight came to me.

As I've mentioned in threads before, gender identity is more than simply "I'm a male". THere are at least three different aspects to it. You have the physical identity "I'm male" or "I'm female". You have the strong personaility attribute "I'm masculine" or "I'm feminine", and then you have sexual orientation "I'm straight" or "I'm gay". You also have degrees within. On the physical side, we know some people have had issues with that identity - men who feel as if they've been improperly assigned, and others that are considered "intergendered" at birth, and end up having to endure surgeries to give the child a stronger identity one way or the other (in most cases, subtractive sems to be the easier way to go, i.e. Jamie Lee Curtis).

I do understand that some folks disagree with this perspective, but I doubt the foundation in that belief has little to do with any research, upper division college courses or discussions with anybody who is gay. I'd guess it has more to do with what is taught from a specific religious perspective, ala Westboro Baptist Church.

And that's the truth as I know it.

CoMoChief
08-06-2008, 08:08 AM
I'd guess with your penis the kid wouldn't feel much.

:spock: That was weak and as original as they come folks.

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 08:18 AM
As someone who has had gay relatives and gay friends, and had real conversations with them, my experience leads me to believe that being gay is not a choice. For the gay people I have known, their sexual orientation came as naturally to them as being straight came to me.

As I've mentioned in threads before, gender identity is more than simply "I'm a male". THere are at least three different aspects to it. You have the physical identity "I'm male" or "I'm female". You have the strong personaility attribute "I'm masculine" or "I'm feminine", and then you have sexual orientation "I'm straight" or "I'm gay".A) For your own good, please don't try to explain gender issues on this site. I like you, and I don't want you to have an aneurysm.

B) Your post sort of conflates gender identity with sexual orientation by putting sexual orientation as an ingredient under the "Gender Identity" banner, when gender identity is more about the internal-external relationship between a person and their body. There are guys and girls who don't even have to think about it (most people), there are people who AREN'T really sure whether they fall on the spectrum and have to think about their gender identity (crossdressers, for instance), there are people who feel no connection to either gender and try to get as close to the middle as they can in this society (genderqueer is the, uh, politically-charged term), and there are people who identify more strongly with the opposite biological sex, usually needing to transition to their desired gender (sup).

Within each of these groups, the potential spectrum of sexual orientations is limitless. Gender-normative individuals can be gay, genderqueers (the group in the middle) can be into one or both sexes, transsexual women (male-to-female, that is) can be lesbians while transguys can be gay, and so on.

Basically, I'm picking on you for your nomenclature rather than your intent.

Otter
08-06-2008, 08:26 AM
If this gay person is male, have they seen Selma Hayek dance in "From Dusk Till Dawn"?

If that doesn't do it for them it's safe to say their a pole smoker. NTTAWWT

kepp
08-06-2008, 08:27 AM

As I've mentioned in threads before, gender identity is more than simply "I'm a male". THere are at least three different aspects to it. You have the physical identity "I'm male" or "I'm female". You have the strong personaility attribute "I'm masculine" or "I'm feminine", and then you have sexual orientation "I'm straight" or "I'm gay". You also have degrees within. On the physical side, we know some people have had issues with that identity - men who feel as if they've been improperly assigned, and others that are considered "intergendered" at birth, and end up having to endure surgeries to give the child a stronger identity one way or the other (in most cases, subtractive sems to be the easier way to go, i.e. Jamie Lee Curtis).

I do understand that some folks disagree with this perspective, but I doubt the foundation in that belief has little to do with any research, upper division college courses or discussions with anybody who is gay. I'd guess it has more to do with what is taught from a specific religious perspective, ala Westboro Baptist Church.

And that's the truth as I know it.

I tend to have this general perspective also. I'm a Christian and am a regular at church/bible study/etc and I have a friend with "homosexual tendencies" (his words, not mine) that is also part of that church. What's interesting is that, to my knowledge, nowhere in the Bible does it say that homosexuality is a choice. It says it's wrong and against God, but it says nothing about it being a choice (again, to my knowledge...if anyone knows differently, please show me).

This is kind of a catch-22...people will say, "how can God create something and then call it wrong" and things like that. I don't know...can't really answer that. But what I have learned from my friend is that you don't have to love the things that people do in order to love the people. As far as doing things that are "against God" goes, I do things (many things) everyday that are against God. If I remain faithful and do what God prescribes in these cases, He doesn't hold it against me...and he won't hold it against my friend either.

jidar
08-06-2008, 08:32 AM

This percentage indicates that there are both genetic and environmental factors involved in expressing homosexual behavior. If homosexualitywere purely genetic, the correlation would be close to 100 percent. If homosexuality were purely a learned behavior, the correlation would be just about the base homosexuality rate in society.

This entire post is complete bullshit for one simple reason:

Identical twins are not 100% genetic copies of each other. They are at the moment of conception, but genetics are still being defined in the womb and slight variations begin to occur immediately. That being the case a 30% correlation between twins and homosexuality is more an argument in favor of genetics, not against.

J Diddy
08-06-2008, 08:38 AM

pour some tussin on it

Skip Towne
08-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Boot his ass out and blame the whole thing on his momma.

Saggysack
08-06-2008, 08:51 AM
My children aren't getting away from me that easy. If they think for one second they can make me love them any less by being gay, they have another thing coming. They are going to have to put up with my shit until I die.

tooge
08-06-2008, 08:55 AM
A) For your own good, please don't try to explain gender issues on this site. I like you, and I don't want you to have an aneurysm.

B) Your post sort of conflates gender identity with sexual orientation by putting sexual orientation as an ingredient under the "Gender Identity" banner. There are guys and girls who don't even have to think about it (most people), there are people who AREN'T really sure whether they fall on the spectrum and have to think about their gender identity (crossdressers, for instance), there are people who feel no connection to either gender and try to get as close to the middle as they can in this society (genderqueer is the, uh, politically-charged term), and there are people who identify more strongly with the opposite biological sex, usually needing to transition to their desired gender (sup).

Within each of these groups, the potential spectrum of sexual orientations is limitless. Gender-normative individuals can be gay, genderqueers (the group in the middle) can be into one or both sexes, transsexual women (male-to-female, that is) can be lesbians while transguys can be gay, and so on.

Ok there Frued, whatever. How bout this? You either suck it or you dont. Why all the "why are gays gay?"? It doesn't really matter. If you look at the entire issue from a common sence stand point (evolutionary), then it is probably some sort of somewhat common mutation that causes it and there are probably ways to research it and make sense of why these mutations stuck around. I dont know, but perhaps to help with child rearing during times of poor female survival or something a million years ago. Who knows. What is more imposrtant than all of that, is how you treat gays now. You know what, if anyone out there pays taxes, lives by the law, and doesn't hurt others, then I could care less what they do. My kid would be very accepted and loved even though I dont really care for them to be gay.

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 08:59 AM

Thread over

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Ok there Frued, whatever.Man, dude, I so hope you're not eeeeeven trying to imply that, for that would show just how little bout gunplay you know. Sometimes I think folks should smell what they're shovelin'.

Cheers,
Thor Grimm

tooge
08-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Man, dude, I so hope you're not eeeeeven trying to imply that, for that would show just how little bout gunplay you know. Sometimes I think folks should smell what they're shovelin'.

Cheers,
Thor Grimm

I'm so not sure what you are talking about. Gunplay? Dude, or gal, whichever you are, I rarely if ever "get" your posts. And, imply what?

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm so not sure what you are talking about. Gunplay? Dude, or gal, whichever you are, I rarely if ever "get" your posts. And, imply what?It's nothing.

blueballs
08-06-2008, 09:24 AM
the prison sex thing could be about domination more than actual sex
how could your own someone more than being balls deep in their ass
the alpha male rules the roost

RJ
08-06-2008, 09:27 AM
I've always liked to ask if straight people have the choice of who they're attracted to... some guys like fat chicks. Some guys like huge tits. Some guys like petite women. Some guys like chicks with tiny tatas. Some guys like midgets.

Guys, if you think girls with tiny tatas look like 10 year olds, and you find them physically unattractive, can you force yourself to like flat-chested women?

I don't like women with huge knockers - doesn't matter how many times I see 'em, I just think they're unattractive. The girl can have a great face and otherwise great body, but if she's got huge boobs, I'm not attracted. I have no choice in that. I can't help it.

Likewise, I just don't find midgets attractive. :shrug:

Why are you in such denial about the midgets?

Gonzo
08-06-2008, 09:30 AM
First of all, most of the posters on here will not have to worry about the situation because having a child would involve sex. (Unless for some strange reason they figured out how to impregnate their computer screen)

Secondly, as long as the child is healthy and happy who cares what life choices they make? It's none of your fing business anyway.

Fire Me Boy!
08-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Why are you in such denial about the midgets?

:sulk:

patteeu
08-06-2008, 09:40 AM
p. much

Speaking of whining, where did this thread idea come from?

patteeu
08-06-2008, 09:56 AM
It's now called political correctness to love your offspring unconditionally? What's the point of being a Christian if you feel required to disown your kids if they turn out to be gay? God the Father has absolutely no use for your stupid pride.

I don't agree with RibKing at all on this issue, but there are at least two brands of bigotry in this thread. Why is it that only RibKing's brand is generating blowback when the Christian bashing "pray hard" stuff is completely ignored? If that's not a symptom of political correctness, then I don't know what to call it.

I think the best chance RibKing has of changing his viewpoint on this subject is the same thing that apparently changed yours. Meeting real life, decent, regular-guy gay people and finding out that they're pretty much just like all the rest of us. I doubt if a bunch of people ganging up on him on a message board is going to be very effective.

FWIW, I agree that the component of being gay that comes from choice is small compared to that which comes from involuntary sources (e.g. genetics or early life conditioning of some kind).

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 09:58 AM
First of all, most of the posters on here will not have to worry about the situation because having a child would involve sex. (Unless for some strange reason they figured out how to impregnate their computer screen)

Secondly, as long as the child is healthy and happy who cares what life choices they make? It's none of your fing business anyway.

I don't want my childs soul to be damned to hell

patteeu
08-06-2008, 10:01 AM

I'm no expert on prison sex, but at least according to legend, gay sex is more prevalent in prison than in the free population. Assuming this is true, how would we account for this if not by allowing for the possibility that choice is a factor? Surely we don't account for it by assuming that criminals are more likely to be gay than straights. I agree that it's foolish to say that all gay people choose to be gay though.

Bearcat2005
08-06-2008, 10:02 AM

How do you know.....are you gay? Please share your experience. ROFL

JBucc
08-06-2008, 10:10 AM
I think there's a vaccination for that now. It's a tough choice, gay or autistic. Glad I don't have kids!

jidar
08-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Thread over

or not since I torpedoed that shit.

The Bad Guy
08-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Even if your child was doing or chose to do something self destructive you would support them? very very sad!

Get a ****ing clue, moron.

Sorry I didn't put a disclaimer in there about "self destructive decisions*.

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 10:23 AM
With one quick swoop Johnny did a great job ending the argument

jidar
08-06-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm no expert on prison sex, but at least according to legend, gay sex is more prevalent in prison than in the free population. Assuming this is true, how would we account for this if not by allowing for the possibility that choice is a factor? Surely we don't account for it by assuming that criminals are more likely to be gay than straights. I agree that it's foolish to say that all gay people choose to be gay though.

obviously choice is a factor. You're not attracted to your hand but you **** it all the time don't you?

This line of reasoning is completely beside the point, we're not asking whether people can have sex with things they aren't physically attracted to, as obviously they can, we're asking whether the very real biological attraction between men and women can get screwed up genetically or not. To me it's obvious that this is the case, there is nothing magical about genetic mutation, but some people are just ****ing dumb.

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 10:26 AM
I am glad someone pointed out the prison sex part. That there just proves it is a choice. THE END

jidar
With one quick swoop Johnny did a great job ending the argument

I'm trying to figure out if you missed my post or if you just have an extremely limited ability to reason.

Sully
Why is it that only RibKing's brand is generating blowback when the Christian bashing "pray hard" stuff is completely ignored? If that's not a symptom of political correctness, then I don't know what to call it.

I don't believe it is "Christian bashing."
I believe it is "certain Christian bashing."
FOr an example you'll understand. If you Don't like Barack Obama because he's a Socialist, that doesn't mean you dislike all black people.... just the socialist ones.
So in this case, I don't think the joke was about all Christians... just the ones who believe prayer "cures" homosexuality.

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Not to be vulgar or anything but look at the mens "parts" and womans "parts" they just fit. Not so with the "other people"

Baby Lee
08-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Not to be vulgar or anything but look at the mens "parts" and womans "parts" they just fit. Not so with the "other people"

http://www.washblade.com/2005/7-15/news/localnews/wilson.mp3

beach tribe
08-06-2008, 10:39 AM

Let me make this real simple for you.

Is there any way in hell, that you could wake up, and make a decision to want cock?

**** no.

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 10:40 AM
i have no idea what people are talking about when they embed video's. I have the firefox blocker thing. It would be nice if they atleast include the title.

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
I am assuming that baby lee imbed is the video where everyone is clapping saying "right on" like after a debate someone has won

Baby Lee
08-06-2008, 10:47 AM
I am assuming that baby lee imbed is the video where everyone is clapping saying "right on" like after a debate someone has won

Give it a listen, it's hilarious. I promise. I switched to an audio clip because the video cut off in the middle of the rant.

EDIT: here you go Luddite

“… We live in a time when our brothers have been so put down, can’t get a job, lot of the sisters making more money than brothers. And it’s creating problems in families. That’s one of the reasons our families’ breaking up. And that’s one of the reasons many of our women are becoming lesbians. You got to be careful when you say you don’t need no man. I can make it by myself. Well, if you don’t need a man, what’s left? Lesbianism is about to take over our community. I’m talking about young girls. My son in high school last year, trying to go to the prom, he said, ‘Dad, I ain’t got nobody to take to the prom because all the girls in my class are gay. There ain’t but two of them straight and both of them are ugly. I ain’t got nobody to take to the prom.’ Now, can I talk here? I ain’t homophobic, because everybody in here got something wrong with him. Whoever you point at, you can point at your own self. You got something wrong with your life. But when you get down to this thing, women falling down on another woman, strapping yourself up with something, it ain’t real. That thing ain’t got no feeling in it. It ain’t natural. Any time somebody got to slap some grease on your behind, and stick something in you, it’s something wrong with that. Your butt ain’t made for that. [Audience shouts and yells its approval in the background.] You got blood vessels and membranes in your behind. And if you put something unnatural in there, it breaks them all up. No wonder your behind is bleeding. It’s destroying us. Can’t make no connection with a screw and another screw. The Bible says God made them male and female. The Hebrew word "neged," which means complementary nature — there is something unique to man and unique to woman and it takes those two things to complement each other. You can’t make a connection with two screws. It takes a screw and a nut! (shouting).”

DeezNutz
08-06-2008, 10:48 AM
If I were imbed with someone, it sure as hell would be a chick. But not a Muslim chick because I'm an American.

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Pinnaple express? Thug life.... hahah

Braincase
08-06-2008, 10:50 AM
A) For your own good, please don't try to explain gender issues on this site. I like you, and I don't want you to have an aneurysm.

B) Your post sort of conflates gender identity with sexual orientation by putting sexual orientation as an ingredient under the "Gender Identity" banner, when gender identity is more about the internal-external relationship between a person and their body. There are guys and girls who don't even have to think about it (most people), there are people who AREN'T really sure whether they fall on the spectrum and have to think about their gender identity (crossdressers, for instance), there are people who feel no connection to either gender and try to get as close to the middle as they can in this society (genderqueer is the, uh, politically-charged term), and there are people who identify more strongly with the opposite biological sex, usually needing to transition to their desired gender (sup).

Your perspective on this issue is certainly unique on the board, and I for one would never claim to understand what you have gone through and continue to go through. The best I can do is try to accept you as a human being and an individual without prejudice.

beach tribe
08-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I'd rather you were dead than a ****in cock sucker!!![ribking/]

Sully
08-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Give it a listen, it's hilarious. I promise. I switched to an audio clip because the video cut off in the middle of the rant.

EDIT: here you go Luddite

My gosh that loses a ton if you aren't hearing it.

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't agree with RibKing at all on this issue, but there are at least two brands of bigotry in this thread. Why is it that only RibKing's brand is generating blowback when the Christian bashing "pray hard" stuff is completely ignored? I dunno. I suspect that part of it has to do with "pray the gay away" jokes being satirical in nature rather than hateful, ignorant bullshit about how your son had better not be no queer.

To clarify:

Joking about stupid shit like "teaching" your kid to be straight, or taking them hunting, or praying them away, or sending them to a camp that tells them they'd better repress their feelings or God's going to send them to hell? Satire of stupid ideas.

Saying you'd disown your kid if they turned out to be gay? Just ****ing stupid.

If that's not a symptom of political correctness, then I don't know what to call it."Abloobloobloo, you're being PC!"

cadmonkey
08-06-2008, 11:09 AM

are you kidding? i've been telling my girl friend that if we have a daughter I am TEACHING HER to be a lesbian.

SNR
08-06-2008, 11:19 AM
How do you know.....are you gay? Please share your experience. ROFLThat depends. Would you love me any less if I told you I were gay?

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 11:23 AM
That depends. Would you love me any less if I told you I were gay?

I am pretty sure you aren't I got firefox gayblock 99 turned on. Sometimes people slip through though

RJ
08-06-2008, 11:23 AM
are you kidding? i've been telling my girl friend that if we have a daughter I am TEACHING HER to be a lesbian.

That's not a half bad idea. At least until her mid-30's when the guys start to mature a bit.

blueballs
08-06-2008, 11:39 AM
woman gay could be proven to be wrong more than male gay
because of dildos and strap ons
unless male gays use pocket pussies

Redrum_69
08-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I thought maybe Samie Parkers parents created this thread to explain why he had sucked as a Chief.

blueballs
08-06-2008, 11:53 AM
your mothr is like samie parker

Redrum_69
08-06-2008, 11:56 AM
your mothr is like samie parker

your father IS samie parker

blueballs
08-06-2008, 11:57 AM
your father IS samie parker

that PBJ craddle robbing PBJ whore

Chief Faithful
08-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Sure thing. Study after study shows it's genetic. But surrounding them with manly things as kids will cure them. It's a medical miracle!

I've also read studies that shows it's an imprinting issue not genetics.

Either way it wouldn't change the relationship with my son. Although, he would here my disapproval just as my daughter would if she was living with a guy outside marriage.

Mr. Laz
08-06-2008, 12:07 PM
gay is bad
lesbian is good

:thumb:

tooge
08-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Ya know, ya suck one cock and your are a cocksucker for life. what gives?

QuikSsurfer
08-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Ya know, ya suck one cock and your are a one who sucks the penis for life. what gives?

:spock:

Do what?

Bearcat2005
08-06-2008, 12:16 PM
That depends. Would you love me any less if I told you I were gay?

LOL ROFL

JohnnyV13
08-06-2008, 01:30 PM
This entire post is complete bullshit for one simple reason:

Identical twins are not 100% genetic copies of each other. They are at the moment of conception, but genetics are still being defined in the womb and slight variations begin to occur immediately. That being the case a 30% correlation between twins and homosexuality is more an argument in favor of genetics, not against.

I am aware of this. I know that recent studies have shown that identical twins are not as identical as scientists once believed. In many ways, I am not particularly surprised since there are genetic repair mechanisms in the cell that can go haywire and that genes can become modified (phosphorylation) due to environmental factors. You also mention maternal effects.

However, my sister, aunt and I debated the value of twin studies in light of this evidence (I have a MS in molecular bio, but i ended up becoming a lawyer. My aunt and sister both have Ph. Ds in biology. My sister has become a "stay at home" mom for the last five years, but my aunt is a bio dept head of a small catholic college).

Twins still show more genetic correlation than any other relationship. Their genetic similarity is still very high (over 90%) and my aunt and sister concluded that twin studies still have value.

First of all, behavior studies with twins HAVE had numerous studies show high correlation rates (over 80%) in twins raised apart in many experiments. Secondly, there isn't any way for humans to be more genetically similar so there really isn't any better alternative method. The bottom line is you must keep in mind that identical twins are not truly identical when interpreting results.

I also suspect twin studies are going to be more valuable in genetic traits defined by single allelle or small number allelle systems, while complex traits defined by large number of allelles are more likely to diverge.

blueballs
08-06-2008, 01:42 PM
what if they were bi-sexual and could go either way
would you steer them down the hetro path
after they redecorated the house

JohnnyV13
08-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Or it points out the social untenability of homosexuality, which is why many people can go decades, or their entire life, without coming out. Fear of punishment is a strong social motivator, especially among small groups.

I agree that it makes sense from a purely evolutionary standpoint, but so does sterilizing the mentally retarded and all of those with less than desirable genetic "maladies".

Do we really want to go the route of the Alphas and Epsilons?

I'm not an advocate of some kind of neo-social darwinism. I do not believe that persecuting homosexuals is moral behavior. I'm just pointing out why persecution of homosexuals is likely to be persistent in society no matter how much social stigma we create against homophobia.

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 01:47 PM
I am aware of this. I know that recent studies have shown that identical twins are not as identical as scientists once believed. In many ways, I am not particularly surprised since there are genetic repair mechanisms in the cell that can go haywire and that genes can become modified (phosphorylation) due to environmental factors. You also mention maternal effects.

However, my sister, aunt and I debated the value of twin studies in light of this evidence (I have a MS in molecular bio, but i ended up becoming a lawyer. My aunt and sister both have Ph. Ds in biology. My sister has become a "stay at home" mom for the last five years, but my aunt is a bio dept head of a small catholic college).

Twins still show more genetic correlation than any other relationship. Their genetic similarity is still very high (over 90%) and my aunt and sister concluded that twin studies still have value.

First of all, behavior studies with twins HAVE had numerous studies show high correlation rates (over 80%) in twins raised apart in many experiments. Secondly, there isn't any way for humans to be more genetically similar so there really isn't any better alternative method. The bottom line is you must keep in mind that identical twins are not truly identical when interpreting results.

I also suspect twin studies are going to be more valuable in genetic traits defined by single allelle or small number allelle systems, while complex traits defined by large number of allelles are more likely to diverge.

thread over

Iowanian
08-06-2008, 01:50 PM
I don't know how I'd react, and don't wish to have the opportunity to find out.

The truth is, I love my kids more that I could explain, and I'd try to tackle a train to help them. If one of them came to me with this, I'd probably be disappointed and likely concerned. I'd be concerned because of the social stigma, dangers of the lifestyle in which they may become involved (drugs, increased suicide rates, increased sexual diseases), but I can't imagine it would affect the way I care for them.

On the other note, I wouldn't think I could be around it, wouldn't support it as healthy, but I'd try not to make their life any tougher than it is. I also think for some reason, I'd be hit harder by the news if it were a son than a daughter.

I don't know why people are ghey, but I know some just are. I know enough of them to know that the ones I know are either very nice and decent people, or are flaming, attention starved, self destructive freaks. I assume its a genetic reason, likely a flaw, no different than a cleft pallet, 11th toe or some other abnormality.

SPATCH
08-06-2008, 02:09 PM
gays is bad people, though

patteeu
08-06-2008, 04:10 PM
I don't believe it is "Christian bashing."
I believe it is "certain Christian bashing."
FOr an example you'll understand. If you Don't like Barack Obama because he's a Socialist, that doesn't mean you dislike all black people.... just the socialist ones.
So in this case, I don't think the joke was about all Christians... just the ones who believe prayer "cures" homosexuality.

Whatever group the bigotry was aimed at, it was bigotry nonetheless. The difference between it and what RibKing said is that one form is politically incorrect and the other is acceptable to the PC crowd. I suspect that you're right that the snide remarks were not targeting all Christians because that term can cover a lot of territory as Chicago's TUCC demonstrates, but that doesn't change the point I was making about political correctness. Thanks for the refinement though.

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I will pray for the bigotry to stop

patteeu
08-06-2008, 04:21 PM
I dunno. I suspect that part of it has to do with "pray the gay away" jokes being satirical in nature rather than hateful, ignorant bullshit about how your son had better not be no queer.

To clarify:

Joking about stupid shit like "teaching" your kid to be straight, or taking them hunting, or praying them away, or sending them to a camp that tells them they'd better repress their feelings or God's going to send them to hell? Satire of stupid ideas.

Saying you'd disown your kid if they turned out to be gay? Just ****ing stupid.

"Abloobloobloo, you're being PC!"

No, I'm pretty sure they're just as hateful.

RJ
08-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Whatever group the bigotry was aimed at, it was bigotry nonetheless. The difference between it and what RibKing said is that one form is politically incorrect and the other is acceptable to the PC crowd. I suspect that you're right that the snide remarks were not targeting all Christians because that term can cover a lot of territory as Chicago's TUCC demonstrates, but that doesn't change the point I was making about political correctness. Thanks for the refinement though.

Hey, what happened to the part about "anything goes liberal Christians"?

patteeu
08-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey, what happened to the part about "anything goes liberal Christians"?

I read it after it was posted and decided the part of the post leading up to that was too antagonistic so I rewrote it. But I'm sure you're aware that there are groups who are nominally Christians who have a liberal, [nearly] "anything goes" approach to religion.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-06-2008, 05:00 PM
No, it's your kid who turned out to be gay.

Whoever's kid is gay is gonna love that!

Thig Lyfe
08-06-2008, 05:02 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_m4lWAC0znE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_m4lWAC0znE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RJ
08-06-2008, 05:55 PM
I read it after it was posted and decided the part of the post leading up to that was too antagonistic so I rewrote it. But I'm sure you're aware that there are groups who are nominally Christians who have a liberal, [nearly] "anything goes" approach to religion.

Can you be "nominally Christian"? Seems to me like you either are or you aren't. Not that I know much about it, I'm just lately starting to dip my toes back in those waters.

SPATCH
08-06-2008, 06:01 PM
No, I'm pretty sure they're just as hateful.

i was one of those guys who made the "pray hard" comment and i happen to be very christian. i go to church at least a few times a month and i'm in college...

but i've been witness to some of these ignorant people who try to "pray the gay away" like their kid is possessed by some demon... it's comical

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Can you be "nominally Christian"? Seems to me like you either are or you aren't. Not that I know much about it, I'm just lately starting to dip my toes back in those waters.

Well no, not really. But what else are you going to call them?

Baby Lee
08-06-2008, 06:08 PM
that PBJ craddle robbing PBJ whore

Might I suggest;

RJ
08-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Well no, not really. But what else are you going to call them?

Christians?

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Christians?

:harumph:

RJ
08-06-2008, 06:15 PM
:harumph:

Well, like I say, I'm just recently starting to venture back into church so I really don't know. Right now I'm not religious, I'm religious-curious. Maybe it's just a phase.

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Well, like I say, I'm just recently starting to venture back into church so I really don't know. Right now I'm not religious, I'm religious-curious. Maybe it's just a phase.

It's tiresome to think about whether people really are what they claim to be, so I just call them whatever they want to be called.

Why so curious?

RJ
08-06-2008, 06:31 PM
It's tiresome to think about whether people really are what they claim to be, so I just call them whatever they want to be called.

Why so curious?

It started with enrolling my daughter in a Catholic school. We did so because we feel like she'll get a better education and that outweighed my concerns about all the religion stuff. I've had some bad experiences with churches in my life, both Catholic and Protestant. After we made the decision to enroll her I realized that religion was going to be a big part of her education and most likely an important part of her life, meaning that it's time for me to be more open-minded on the subject. My daughter is the world to me. And besides, it's been 30 years, maybe if I give it a chance it might be something I want in my life.

I had thought about starting a thread on this subject but decided against it. Too touchy for the Lounge and the DC posters are busy throwing monkey poop.

Sully
08-06-2008, 06:32 PM

Seems to be a binary condition, doesn't it?

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 06:47 PM
It started with enrolling my daughter in a Catholic school. We did so because we feel like she'll get a better education and that outweighed my concerns about all the religion stuff. I've had some bad experiences with churches in my life, both Catholic and Protestant. After we made the decision to enroll her I realized that religion was going to be a big part of her education and most likely an important part of her life, meaning that it's time for me to be more open-minded on the subject. My daughter is the world to me. And besides, it's been 30 years, maybe if I give it a chance it might be something I want in my life.

I had thought about starting a thread on this subject but decided against it. Too touchy for the Lounge and the DC posters are busy throwing monkey poop.

Hm, seems like an odd decision to enroll her in a Catholic school considering. And its a shame about your prior experiences. Many people turn away from Christianity because of Christians.

I concur with your thoughts on starting a thread about it though. Threads never do seem to go where you want them to go, especially here on the Planet.

Terribilis
08-06-2008, 06:52 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25234970/
BANGKOK, Thailand - A secondary school in rural Thailand has designed a new bathroom that it calls a "transvestite toilet" for its growing community of cross-dressers.

The Kampang School in northeastern Thailand conducted a survey last term that showed more than 200 of the school's 2,600 students considered themselves transvestites, said school director Sitisak Sumontha.

So, when classes resumed in May, the school unveiled a unisex restroom designated by a human figure split into two, half man in blue, and half female in red. Below the figure, it says, "Transvestite Toilet."
Three transgender students praised the new restroom as they plucked their eyebrows and applied face powder in front of the mirror outside the stalls.

Tolerant
"I'm so happy about this," Vichai Sangsakul, a teenager with a pixie hairdo pulled back with a pink barrette, told Thailand's PBS new channel on Tuesday. "It looks bad going to female restrooms. What would other people think?"

Most rural Thais are conservative in many ways, but the trailblazing toilet initiative at the school in northeastern Sisaket province reflects another aspect of Thai society: its tolerance of the country's very visible transsexual and transvestite community.

"These students want to be able to go to the restroom in peace without fear of being watched, laughed at or groped," said school director Sitisak Sumontha. Using female restrooms made some of the other students uncomfortable and using the men's room often resulted in harassment, he said.

'Uneasy'
"They don't have problems with transvestites but going to the same private area, like a toilet, makes them uneasy," he said. "The transvestite kids may behave even more effeminately than the girls, do but their anatomy is still like that of a boy."

He said the concept reflected a growing need at Thai schools and universities.

Kampang is not Thailand's first educational institution to set up transvestite washrooms, though Sitisak said he believed it was a first for a secondary school. A 1,500-student technical college in the northern province of Chiang Mai set up a "Pink Lotus Bathroom" for its 15 transvestite students in 2003.

Deputy Education Minister Boonlue Prasertsopar recently said the ministry plans to count the number of transvestite university students.

He said he was not promoting trans-gender interests, "but if there are a lot of them in a university and it's a problem, we may have to consider building toilets and dormitories for them."

Transsexuals and transvestites are regularly seen on TV soap operas and throughout Bangkok, working at department store cosmetics counters, popular restaurants, in office jobs and in the capital's red-light districts. Thailand also has a trans-gender beauty pageants.

blueballs
08-06-2008, 07:13 PM
BANGKOK, Thailand - A secondary school in rural Thailand has designed a new bathroom that it calls a "transvestite toilet" for its growing community of cross-dressers.

Christians everywhere
are outraged

redbrian
08-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Send him here:

Established in 1886, Conception Seminary College is one of the largest of the 40 Roman Catholic college seminaries in the nation and one of only 15 with a complete four-year academic curriculum. Conception strives today, as it did a century ago, to fulfill the needs of the Church through the formation of men answering the call to the ministerial priesthood

RJ
08-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Hm, seems like an odd decision to enroll her in a Catholic school considering. And its a shame about your prior experiences. Many people turn away from Christianity because of Christians.

I concur with your thoughts on starting a thread about it though. Threads never do seem to go where you want them to go, especially here on the Planet.

Yes, it is an odd decision. But we visited the school twice and were very impressed. The kids were polite and well behaved and seemed to be genuinely happy being there. They had plenty of computers, lots of musical instruments, a great art room, a well rounded curriculum.....just the sort of school we wanted for our daughter. And the only thing standing in the way of her going there was my feelings toward religion. And you're right, I liked Christianity just fine, it was the Christians I had a problem with. So I decided I needed to get past the past and try again. I'm going to do my best. It's not fair to my daughter to send her to a school that spends many hours stressing the importance of religious teachings only to have her come home and have me be dismissive toward it.

As to threads going where you want them to go - well, this one is a great example.

knowmo3
08-06-2008, 07:33 PM
bigots that think like ribking are so afraid of homosexuality, when in actuality, it has nothing to do with them whatsoever. Your son is gay, its not like he's going to try and rape you or something... Be comfortable with you own sexuality so you can not be afraid of others just because they are different. I **** women, i love women and I am not afraid of homosexuality because I know where my preferences lie.

"I don't want to understand it because they may think im gay too..."

Bigots... i guess we wouldnt have anybody to make fun of without em...

A Rump Ranger is a Rump Ranger.... They are sick individuals, and should burn in hell.

'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 07:36 PM
A Rump Ranger is a Rump Ranger.... They are sick individuals, and should burn in hell.

'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

And so should you, and so should I. Your point is?

knowmo3
08-06-2008, 07:38 PM
And so should you, and so should I. Your point is?

Point is gay people are like Child molesters. No different. Its a sick mind state, they aren't born gay, they are just sick people.

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Point is gay people are like Child molesters. No different. Its a sick mind state, they aren't born gay, they are just sick people.

Let me rephrase this for your comprehension and enjoyment.
It's no worse (or better) than any sin you or I have committed.

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Yes, it is an odd decision. But we visited the school twice and were very impressed. The kids were polite and well behaved and seemed to be genuinely happy being there. They had plenty of computers, lots of musical instruments, a great art room, a well rounded curriculum.....just the sort of school we wanted for our daughter. And the only thing standing in the way of her going there was my feelings toward religion. And you're right, I liked Christianity just fine, it was the Christians I had a problem with. So I decided I needed to get past the past and try again. I'm going to do my best. It's not fair to my daughter to send her to a school that spends many hours stressing the importance of religious teachings only to have her come home and have me be dismissive toward it.

As to threads going where you want them to go - well, this one is a great example.

Hm, well it seems you certainly have your daughter's best interests at heart, and that is certainly commendable. I hope you come to a satisfactory conclusion.

Truly.. sort of a self fulfilling prophecy.

blueballs
08-06-2008, 07:49 PM
taking the Lord's name in vain is equal to homosexuality
worse actually -working on the sabbath -whenever that really is
no sin is suppose to worse than another

knowmo3
08-06-2008, 07:53 PM
But you dont take the Lords name in vain 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Those fags are fags 24 7. It is worse.

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 07:55 PM
tomsucksbrady sounds like an intentional parody poster..

RJ
08-06-2008, 08:01 PM

Not to mention an odd choice of user names for a guy who is blasting gays.

Thig Lyfe
08-06-2008, 08:02 PM

Poe's Law. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Poe%27s+Law)

RJ
Hm, well it seems you certainly have your daughter's best interests at heart, and that is certainly commendable. I hope you come to a satisfactory conclusion.

Truly.. sort of a self fulfilling prophecy.

Yes, I've considered that self-fulfilling thing. Irony is so ironic.

knowmo3

No parody posting here.

blueballs
08-06-2008, 08:03 PM
homosexuality is a way of life
like it - hate it - ignore it
we are suppose to show maturity by tollerating it

blueballs
08-06-2008, 08:04 PM
I have seen the handle tomsucksbrady
on another nfl site somewhere or another

knowmo3
08-06-2008, 08:06 PM
homosexuality is a way of life
like it - hate it - ignore it
we are suppose to show maturity by tollerating it

Doesnt mean it is a good thing. We should not be tolerating it, then they get away with it. And I dont think it is a way of life, if we didnt let people be open about it, it would not be as common as it is now. It is just a fetish is all it is, nobody that is born a man does not find some women attractive, they just like it because they know its wrong.... Much like serial killers, the thrill of it.

Thig Lyfe
08-06-2008, 08:07 PM
No parody posting here.

Oh, so then you're just an ignorant asshole.

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Yes, I've considered that self-fulfilling thing. Irony is so ironic.

RJ - Modern day Nostradamus.

knowmo3
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh, so then you're just an ignorant asshole.

No im not a dumbass democrat.

Thig Lyfe
08-06-2008, 08:10 PM
No im not a dumbass democrat.

Politics have nothing to do with it, you dumbf*ck.

Homosexuality is not a choice. You're a hateful piece of shit. Both of those statements are true, party affiliation notwithstanding.

blueballs
08-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Doesnt mean it is a good thing. We should not be tolerating it, then they get away with it. And I dont think it is a way of life, if we didnt let people be open about it, it would not be as common as it is now. It is just a fetish is all it is, nobody that is born a man does not find some women attractive, they just like it because they know its wrong.... Much like serial killers, the thrill of it.

it doesn't matter if they are consenting adults
and this is a free country
if it just abuse and self humiliation they are only hurting themselves

knowmo3
08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Politics have nothing to do with it, you dumbf*ck.

Homosexuality is not a choice. You're a hateful piece of shit. Both of those statements are true, party affiliation notwithstanding.

Are you a fag or something... Why are you getting so offended?

Thig Lyfe
08-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Are you a Rump Ranger or something... Why are you getting so offended?

There's only one group of people I hate, and it's the willfully ignorant.

You're a member of that group.

blueballs
you have the right to own guns
and get a license to hunt rabbits
rabbits are randy for anything

patteeu

Sure. I guess it depends on your pov though. There's quite a bit of difference between some of the most liberal Christian sects and some of the most fundamentalist sects. "You either are or you aren't", doesn't really get at the non-subtle nuance.

knowmo3
08-06-2008, 08:15 PM
There's only one group of people I hate, and it's the willfully ignorant.

You're a member of that group.

I am right. Just because I don't change my morals because of the majority, does not make me ignorant.

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 08:15 PM

Nay, you have the right to bear arms.

http://5.media.bustedtees.com/bustedtees/mf/0/7/bustedtees.21b42c10206a6a421c75837752acae34.gif

blueballs
08-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Nay, you have the right to bear arms.

http://5.media.bustedtees.com/bustedtees/mf/0/7/bustedtees.21b42c10206a6a421c75837752acae34.gif

I AM NOT A BEAR
dont listen to Redrum

knowmo3
08-06-2008, 08:17 PM

People arent rabbits, they have a conscience and can tell the difference between right and wrong. And ****ing men if you are a man is wrong, same with females.

Maybe you guys don't have a family member who actually has messed with other females. It is a disgusting thought.

patteeu
08-06-2008, 08:19 PM
i was one of those guys who made the "pray hard" comment and i happen to be very christian. i go to church at least a few times a month and i'm in college...

but i've been witness to some of these ignorant people who try to "pray the gay away" like their kid is possessed by some demon... it's comical

I've acknowledged that you (and others who applauded the sentiment) probably had a subset of Christianity in mind rather than everyone who can conceivably claim to be Christian. You don't deny that your attitude toward that subset is hateful or derisive though do you?

kstater
08-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Has Tom already moved on to a different name?

blueballs
08-06-2008, 08:21 PM
****ing women up the arse isn't part of evolution either
nor spurting on tits or blowjobs
let it go -it ain't worth the effort

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 08:22 PM

Programmer is still posting over in DC... as we speak.

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 08:23 PM
I've acknowledged that you (and others who applauded the sentiment) probably had a subset of Christianity in mind rather than everyone who can conceivably claim to be Christian. You don't deny that your attitude toward that subset is hateful or derisive though do you?

er...what?

Thig Lyfe
08-06-2008, 08:25 PM
I am right. Just because I don't change my morals because of the majority, does not make me ignorant.

You're wrong and ignorant.

patteeu
08-06-2008, 08:25 PM
er...what?

Huh?

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Huh?

Well I can't speak for the spatula, but I couldn't make heads or tails of what you were saying.

Calcountry
08-06-2008, 08:28 PM
It's now called political correctness to love your offspring unconditionally? What's the point of being a Christian if you feel required to disown your kids if they turn out to be gay? God the Father has absolutely no use for your stupid pride.Jesus also told the woman, to go and sin no more after he forgave her, right before she was to be stoned.

Perhaps she repented and was forgiven for her choices? Umm, I don't know what God the Father has use for, I certainly don't pretend to be all knowing that I have the mind of God, but, I do know that God made man, male and female he created them, and he saw that His creation WAS GOOD.

Sully
08-06-2008, 08:34 PM

I've suspect Tom has been working with a 2nd name. But the tomsucks guy is not him. Not his style.

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I've suspect Tom has been working with a 2nd name. But the tomsucks guy is not him. Not his style.

You heard it here folks. Tom has style.

Fish
08-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Maybe you guys don't have a family member who actually has messed with other females. It is a disgusting thought.

Please tell us more about your vagina loving sister. How hot is she?

RJ
08-06-2008, 08:38 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I only have one person on ignore, but this will be the 3rd or 4th name.

RJ
08-06-2008, 08:42 PM

Maybe this one is his real style and the others are his clandestine style.

Maybe he's a double ought spy.

Sully
08-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Maybe this one is his real style and the others are his clandestine style.

Maybe he's a double ought spy.

ROFL

If he had different "styles," he wouldn't be found so easily every time he re-registers under a new name. It's not like we are using his IP address to find him out. He is just simply who he is.

RJ
08-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Maybe, but double ought spies can be very clever. They're professionals, after all.

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Maybe, but double ought spies can be very clever. They're professionals, after all.

And clever and Tom are pretty much synonymous.

SNR
08-06-2008, 11:32 PM
People arent rabbits, they have a conscience and can tell the difference between right and wrong. And ****ing men if you are a man is wrong, same with females.

Maybe you guys don't have a family member who actually has messed with other females. It is a disgusting thought.My sister is a lesbian and my best friend is gay. I love both of them for who they are, and what they do in the bedroom is none of my business. Why? Because I'M NOT HAVING SEX WITH THEM.

I don't know if you have kids or not, but if you do, what if one of them came out of the closet to you? You would honestly disown them? Use shock therapy? Hate them? Kill them? Kill yourself? Guess what, you didn't solve your "problem", jackass. Your kid is still gay.

KcMizzou
08-06-2008, 11:36 PM
The only problem I'd have with one of my two sons being gay... would be that it might make life more difficult for them.

I can't honestly say I'd understand it, but I'd love and support 'em as much as ever. (They're my boys... been my two best friends for years now.)

I'd just worry about... well... the backlash, I guess.

KcMizzou
08-06-2008, 11:39 PM
In my mind... the love a parent has for a child greatly overrides any sexuality issue...

Or at least it should.

I just can't understand someone turning their back on their kid... short of discovering that he's (or she's) a murderous bastard, or something.

ClevelandBronco
08-06-2008, 11:46 PM
My sister is a lesbian and my best friend is gay. I love both of them for who they are, and what they do in the bedroom is none of my business...

I'm going to guess that they have separate bedrooms.

SPATCH
08-07-2008, 12:16 AM

actually, i do deny that. steadfastly.

Ultra Peanut
08-07-2008, 12:33 AM
I've acknowledged that you (and others who applauded the sentiment) probably had a subset of Christianity in mind rather than everyone who can conceivably claim to be Christian. You don't deny that your attitude toward that subset is hateful or derisive though do you?No. The entire point of the "pray the gay away" jokes is to mock IDEAS, not people. The fact that a shockingly large number of people actually subscribe to those insane concepts is incidental.

It's not that hard to understand, and trying to decipher what these benign jokes mean through a "PC!!!!!!!" lens just muddies the waters.

Those Rump Rangers are Rump Rangers 24 7. It is worse.Exactly. Think about that for a second: even when they're not having sex, they're physically and emotionally attracted to the people they're attracted to, just like God's Chosen People (the heteronormative). Don't you think that displays a pretty big difference between an action and an inherent part of someone?

Are you a Rump Ranger or something... Why are you getting so offended?Oh no you guys, I think he just called you a bunch of queers.

My sister is a lesbian and my best friend is gay.You! Tonight! You're next!

Spott
08-07-2008, 05:32 AM
If my son turned out to be gay, I'd be so pissed off that I'd probably do something rash like trade him to the Jets.

Baby Lee
08-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Jesus also told the woman, to go and sin no more after he forgave her, right before she was to be stoned.

Perhaps she repented and was forgiven for her choices? Umm, I don't know what God the Father has use for, I certainly don't pretend to be all knowing that I have the mind of God, but, I do know that God made man, male and female he created them, and he saw that His creation WAS GOOD.

Add to that that for a man to judge God's estimation of another man is a much more heinous sin than most. It's got it all, hubris, disrepect of God, failing to love your neighbor . . . the works.

Rausch
08-07-2008, 10:24 AM
My kid is female.

I hope to God she's gay...

Rausch
08-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Add to that that for a man to judge God's estimation of another man is a much more heinous sin than most. It's got it all, hubris, disrepect of God, failing to love your neighbor . . . the works.

I think telling God how God thinks/works/judges is always a sound plan...:shake:

Rausch
08-07-2008, 10:27 AM
If my son turned out to be gay, I'd be so pissed off that I'd probably do something rash like trade him to the 49'ers.

FYP...

Ultra Peanut
08-07-2008, 11:09 AM
My kid is female.

I hope to God she's gay...Hey, how are things on that front?

Are ya... are ya listenin' to much Coast to Coast lately, ol' buddy ol' pal?

blueballs
08-07-2008, 12:46 PM
If my son turned out to be gay, I'd be so pissed off that I'd probably do something rash like trade him to the Jets.

that's 1 teenage girl not getting meat
do your family duty and lay that pipe

Carlota69
08-07-2008, 01:31 PM

So what about anal? Mens parts in the Pooper? Then of course there's fingers in the va-jay-jay...Those fit, right?

Carlota69
08-07-2008, 01:38 PM

I would gather, and I'm no prison sex expert either, that newbies dont get to prison and scream.."yaya I get to suck cock for the ten years!!!" I have a feeling that they hold out as long as they can, or as long as they are allowed to, before they indulge in sexual activities. In other words, at some point, after a long time of NO SEX, their biological NEED for some lovin touchin squeezin', gives in.

Pablo
08-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Looking at my 4 month old son right now, I don't think there's much of anything he could ever do to make me love him any less.

Sure, when he gets older I may disagree with some of his decisions, and if he were to turn out gay, I'd hope we had a close enough father/son bond that he would be able to tell me about his lifestyle choice, and not choose to hide it from me altogether. Of course, like every straight male, I seriously hope that's never an issue; but if it is, I'll fight through my own beliefs and feelings and support him.

Baby Lee
08-07-2008, 01:51 PM
So what about anal? Mens parts in the Pooper? Then of course there's fingers in the va-jay-jay...Those fit, right?

Blood vessels and membranes!!!

R&GHomer
08-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I have two boys and have thought about this in the past. If one of my Son's came to me one day and announced that he's gay. I would accept it and still love him, I don't see how I could possible feel any less love towards him. At the same time, I wouldn't sugar coat my feelings on the matter either. It's not my place to judge his personal life choices, that's God's job. Being gay may very well be genetic, but acting on it is a choice! All I would ask is that he respect my feelings and not do anything with his partner around me.

Baby Lee
08-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Being gay may very well be genetic, but acting on it is a choice!
In a similar vein, I don't have kids, but it would seem to me that more than gay/straight, it'd be what kind of lifestyle that means.
There's a gulf of difference between a son saying he has romantic feelings for a boy, but you know he still has his head on straight [no pun intended] and accepting that, when romantic relationships arise they'll be homosexual, and finding out he's a partyboi who gets passed around steam rooms like a gym towel.
Much like the difference between finding out your daughters of dating age and finding out she's blowing the football team after practice.

R&GHomer
08-07-2008, 03:29 PM
In a similar vein, I don't have kids, but it would seem to me that more than gay/straight, it'd be what kind of lifestyle that means.
There's a gulf of difference between a son saying he has romantic feelings for a boy, but you know he still has his head on straight [no pun intended] and accepting that, when romantic relationships arise they'll be homosexual, and finding out he's a partyboi who gets passed around steam rooms like a gym towel.
Much like the difference between finding out your daughters of dating age and finding out she's blowing the football team after practice.

I agree, finding out my Son is gay would be one thing. Finding out heís a homo robo slut would be entirely different. I would still love him, but I donít think I would be swelling over with pride.

Mr. Kotter
08-08-2008, 12:58 AM

Once again, BL's wisdom....ends a thread. :clap:

patteeu
08-09-2008, 10:08 AM
No. The entire point of the "pray the gay away" jokes is to mock IDEAS, not people. The fact that a shockingly large number of people actually subscribe to those insane concepts is incidental.

That's as lame as someone else arguing that they're bashing the practice of homosexuality not the person him/herself.

patteeu
08-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I would gather, and I'm no prison sex expert either, that newbies dont get to prison and scream.."yaya I get to suck cock for the ten years!!!" I have a feeling that they hold out as long as they can, or as long as they are allowed to, before they indulge in sexual activities. In other words, at some point, after a long time of NO SEX, their biological NEED for some lovin touchin squeezin', gives in.

Of course. And when they give in, they're making a choice, right?

Ultra Peanut
08-09-2008, 10:20 AM
That's as lame as someone else arguing that they're bashing the practice of homosexuality not the person him/herself.No.

RJ
08-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Of course. And when they give in, they're making a choice, right?

Pobably not always.

patteeu
08-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Pobably not always.

I think we're going around in circles here now. Yes, both choice and inclination appear to be at work in varying degrees for different people.

RJ
08-09-2008, 01:16 PM
I would have to assume that the percentage of new prison inmates who are homosexual would match the percentage of the population at large. The guys who join the club later are definitely making a choice. Except for the ones getting ass raped......they are decidedly not making a choice.

Thig Lyfe
08-09-2008, 09:14 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/gaytubbies.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2352)