PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Pick Your Poison from BWW (or BW-3, if you prefer)

The Pedestrian
08-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Which sauce is your favorite?

(Poll forthcoming)

Consistent1
08-06-2008, 06:47 AM
We go there sometimes. The Blazin' are kind of a joke. Pretty mild for that name. My question is why do people call the damn place BW3? I have never understood that, or asked anyone.

Goapics1
08-06-2008, 06:50 AM
I like mine mild, cant handle hot/spicy anymore.

Dartgod
08-06-2008, 06:55 AM
We always get spicy garlic.

We go there sometimes. The Blazin' are kind of a joke. Pretty mild for that name. My question is why do people call the damn place BW3? I have never understood that, or asked anyone.

Buffalo Wild Wings was founded in 1982 after James Disbrow and Scott Lowery moved from Buffalo, New York, to Kent, Ohio. Unable to find authentic Buffalo-style chicken wings in their new town, they decided to open up their own restaurant first, in Columbus, Ohio, and then one in Westerville, Ohio one year later.[1] Originally called Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck, from which the abbreviation BW3 was created, the restaurant became a franchise with more than 430 locations across 37 U.S. states. The original name and acronym, BW3, was intentionally reminiscent of the acronym TW3 popularly used in referring to the television show That Was The Week That Was, a show of which co-founder James Disbrow was a fan. The company later changed its name to Buffalo Wild Wings, but still uses the short name BW3 on occasion due to the common usage by patrons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Wild_Wings

Dartgod
08-06-2008, 06:59 AM
The original name was something along the lines of "Buffalo Wild Wings & Wrecks"...not sure what a wreck is, but supposedly it's a kind of roll.
A wreck is what happens when you are learning to drive. As in, "I was taking my driving test and accidentally wrecked into that house over there."

A weck is a type of bun that people in Buffalo eat roast beef sandwiches on. It has a shit load of salt on it and is kind of nasty, IMO.

The Pedestrian
08-06-2008, 07:01 AM
A wreck is what happens when you are learning to drive. As in, "I was taking my driving test and accidentally wrecked into that house over there."

A weck is a type of bun that people in Buffalo eat roast beef sandwiches on. It has a shit load of salt on it and is kind of nasty, IMO.

:LOL:

Hey, wow...people still remember that.

kepp
08-06-2008, 07:03 AM
Why do people call it B-W3 when there are only two W's?

Consistent1
08-06-2008, 07:03 AM
We always get spicy garlic.

Buffalo Wild Wings was founded in 1982 after James Disbrow and Scott Lowery moved from Buffalo, New York, to Kent, Ohio. Unable to find authentic Buffalo-style chicken wings in their new town, they decided to open up their own restaurant first, in Columbus, Ohio, and then one in Westerville, Ohio one year later.[1] Originally called Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck, from which the abbreviation BW3 was created, the restaurant became a franchise with more than 430 locations across 37 U.S. states. The original name and acronym, BW3, was intentionally reminiscent of the acronym TW3 popularly used in referring to the television show That Was The Week That Was, a show of which co-founder James Disbrow was a fan. The company later changed its name to Buffalo Wild Wings, but still uses the short name BW3 on occasion due to the common usage by patrons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Wild_Wings

Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it. Never knew that.

DaKCMan AP
08-06-2008, 07:05 AM
I usually call it B-Dubs.

Anyway, we go there Thursdays for $0.50 wings before our poker game. I've had their Blazin', Wild, Hot, Hot BBQ, Caribbean Jerk, Asian Zing, Honey BBQ and Parmesan Garlic.

I'd have to say my favorite is Asian Zing. Has loads of flavor while still supplying some heat.

I still prefer local wing places in Clearwater: Mugs'n'Jugs, Wing House and even the original Hooters.

kepp
08-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it. Never knew that.

I guess reading threads helps :doh!:

Consistent1
08-06-2008, 07:08 AM
I guess reading threads helps :doh!:

Not sure if you are f'ing with me here or not. I guess it does help to read them. Just never thought to ask about it.

StcChief
08-06-2008, 07:16 AM
haven't been in years... but the Hab stuff was good

Reerun_KC
08-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Whats BW-3?

I can only come up with Buffalo Wild Wings, Were is the other W word at?

I have heard of BW-Squared, but never BW-3?

Baby Lee
08-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Hey folks!! Buffalo - check, Wild - one W, Wings - two W. WHERE'S THE EFFING THIRD W!!!!!

Dartgod
08-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Hey folks!! Buffalo - check, Wild - one W, Wings - two W. WHERE'S THE EFFING THIRD W!!!!!
It's a special they occasionally run. Buy 2 Ws and get the 3rd for free.

kepp
08-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Not sure if you are f'ing with me here or not. I guess it does help to read them. Just never thought to ask about it.

No, no...not messing with you. Your reply made me realize that the question had already been asked and answered before I made my post.

Demonpenz
08-06-2008, 08:13 AM
bw3 has always had bad service and small wings. There is a bar downtown called the peanut. Their wings rule the face of wington. I still go to bw3 though for some unknown reason

Gonzo
08-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Why do they call it BW3? There are only two W's! WTF!

DaKCMan AP
08-06-2008, 08:43 AM
bw3 has always had bad service and small wings. There is a bar downtown called the peanut. Their wings rule the face of wington. I still go to bw3 though for some unknown reason

Small wings? Yes. But their boneless are the same size as others.

Bearcat
08-06-2008, 08:46 AM
The Wild is good, but not that hot. I like the Blazin', but only going in. It's true what they say about it coming out the other end... ring of fire. :fire: :eek:

Consistent1
08-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Why do they call it BW3? There are only two W's! WTF!

At least not all of us live in Nebraska.

Fish
08-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Haven't tried the Asian Zing.... that sounds pretty good. I usually go with the Caribbean Jerk or the Hot BBQ...

DaKCMan AP
08-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Haven't tried the Asian Zing.... that sounds pretty good. I usually go with the Caribbean Jerk or the Hot BBQ...

Those are my 3 go-to's when I'm not in the mood for Wild or Blazin'. Zing is my favorite of the 3, though.

I need to try spicy garlic next time.

Sfeihc
08-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Mango Habenaro

Sure-Oz
08-06-2008, 09:48 AM
My favorites are Medium, Caribbean Jerk, Spicy Garlic, and Asian Zing. I have not tried every sauce yet...

I also on occasion like Honey BBQ

Probably my favorite place to eat, esp during games, usually get 8 boneless wings and 3/4 basket of shrimp poppers with medium sauce.

Problem going there is I usually don't feel great the next morning...

Gonzo
08-06-2008, 10:25 AM
At least not all of us live in Nebraska.

Try to follow the flow of conversation.

I'll type slower if need be.

Consistent1
08-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Try to follow the flow of conversation.

I'll type slower if need be.

I am sure you will be good at that. Just take it as a joke bro. The question was dealt with and I don't feel dumb for asking. It is all in fun. How serious can a thing get over an alleged sports bar? I live in Illinois if that makes you feel better.

Short Leash Hootie
08-06-2008, 10:44 AM
as a big BW3 fan myself...

The only thing they have going for them is their sauce...the wing quality is poor and the other food on the menu is pretty much crap.

Short Leash Hootie
08-06-2008, 10:46 AM
by the way, the only sauce I ever get there is hot. Hot is probably the best wing sauce I've ever tasted in my life...it's not spicy IMO but the flavor is amazing...I don't use ranch or bleu cheese or anything with my wings, I just dip them in extra hot sauce...

I have some great memories of BW3 as a kid...used to hit the one on the campus of Illinois (it's closed now) and watch the Bulls during their dynasty years...

Consistent1
08-06-2008, 10:49 AM
by the way, the only sauce I ever get there is hot. Hot is probably the best wing sauce I've ever tasted in my life...it's not spicy IMO but the flavor is amazing...I don't use ranch or bleu cheese or anything with my wings, I just dip them in extra hot sauce...

I have some great memories of BW3 as a kid...used to hit the one on the campus of Illinois (it's closed now) and watch the Bulls during their dynasty years...

The funny thing is that if you are indeed honest, we go to the same one now.

Consistent1
08-06-2008, 10:50 AM
And BTW Hootie. One word....Mugsy's.

Short Leash Hootie
08-06-2008, 11:05 AM
And BTW Hootie. One word....Mugsy's.

Meh. I get Mugsy's delivery now and then, and the wing quality is great, but the sauce at BW3 is much better...but I can't argue with a place that delivers wings and burgers...

My friend wants me to work at the one out by the airport with him now that Bennigan's hit the dust, but that is quite the cruise and I hear they are pretty strict about things over there...

I'm going to hate having to start over again...my old gig I got all the good shifts and skated on all the sidework and no one ever gave a shit...plus I'd get f*cked up with all of the managers on closing shifts...come in after 10 PM and you'll be getting drunk service from me...

LiL stumppy
08-06-2008, 12:28 PM
I had a buddy try to snort a cup of the Blazin for 50 bucks. Got a few snorts in and started to cry and quit. We gave him $10 because we felt bad. Still can't smell anything :)

The Pedestrian
08-06-2008, 02:10 PM
I had a buddy try to snort a cup of the Blazin for 50 bucks. Got a few snorts in and started to cry and quit. We gave him $10 because we felt bad. Still can't smell anything :)

:LOL: :LOL:

I knew a guy who did that kinda stuff...pretty much every time he thought he was gonna die.