PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hot Handed Huard?

KCJohnny
08-07-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm listening online to Len Dawson and he says Huard looks outstanding.
6-8 for 77 yds and a TD...
Who is this Maurice Price guy? Seems like he is getting open...

SPchief
08-07-2008, 08:25 PM
The recievers made him look good

ChiefsFan4Life
Outstanding is a huge stretch

kstater
ROFL

ChiefsFan4Life
and why aren't you just watching it?
http://www.justin.tv/wmoe

Huffman83
08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Huard is playing for a job now. I like it!

KCJohnny
08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Lenny says his throws were impressive. Even the one in the back of the EZ would have been a TD if he would have gotten his back foot down. I think Huard is making a statement: we don't need Chad here.

kstater
08-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Lenny says his throws were impressive. Even the one in the back of the EZ would have been a TD if he would have gotten his back foot down. I think Huard is making a statement: we don't need Chad here.

Lenny is clearly drunk

CrazyPhuD
It's not actually Huard on the last drive. It was Pennington in a Huard suit.

KCJohnny
and why aren't you just watching it?
http://www.justin.tv/wmoe

I'm at work and the firewall is blocking it...:(
but thanks for the tip!
KCJ
:arrow:

ChiefsFan4Life
08-07-2008, 08:28 PM
but thanks for the tip!
KCJ

Damn :(

KCJohnny
08-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Pretty sad if Huard is sharp and some fans don't like it/won't admit it.
I guess he's really #2 and not #3 as some CP posters were suggesting?

CrazyPhuD
08-07-2008, 08:29 PM
but thanks for the tip!
KCJ

Ditto.... :(

ChiefsFan4Life
You should try putting the link into some proxy sites: http://www.google.com/search?q=proxy+site&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

KCJohnny
Damn :(

Its 10:29 Friday am here in Korea...

SPchief
08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Pretty sad if Huard is sharp and some fans don't like it/won't admit it.
I guess he's really #2 and not #3 as some CP posters were suggesting?

If by looking sharp you mean that he balled up in the fetal position twice and threw some nice wobbly throws, then yes, he has looked sharp.

KCJohnny
08-07-2008, 08:31 PM
You should try putting the link into some proxy sites: http://www.google.com/search?q=proxy+site&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Thanks CF4L, I tried these links and they were blocked, too. Im on a Department of Defense PC so I have to keep it clean.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks CF4L, I tried these links and they were blocked, too. Im on a Department of Defense PC so I have to keep it clean.

Oh ok - sorry about that man

At least you can listen to the audio, however ridiculous their comments might be :)

KCJohnny
08-07-2008, 08:32 PM
If by looking sharp you mean that he balled up in the fetal position twice and threw some nice wobbly throws, then yes, he has looked sharp.

Yeah going 80 yards in 1 minute against the Bears with the #2 offense was just dumb luck. Thanks for straightening me out on this one. I'll be sure to let Len Dawson know that he was wrong about DH.

blueballs
08-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Dawson is just holding the job for Trent Green

KCJohnny
08-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Do you guys think Maurice Price will make the team?

unlurking
08-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Yeah going 80 yards in 1 minute against the Bears with the #2 offense was just dumb luck. Thanks for straightening me out on this one. I'll be sure to let Len Dawson know that he was wrong about DH.
Why the **** do you bother to post if you're just going to give people shit for having an opinion that differs from you? Considering they are WATCHING the game, you are coming off like a total prick.

Why don't you go review movies based on some critic says, and then bitch at anyone else who argues, even though you haven't seen the movie.

:shake:

kstater
08-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Lenny the Cool said it's good, so believe it. Lenny has no Homer in him.

Mecca
08-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Do you guys think Maurice Price will make the team?

Considering we have 1 WR anything is possible at the position.

tomahawk kid
08-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Anyone else think we're featuring Huard to try and get something out of a trade?

I read a few different places that we wanted to play Croyle into the second half.

That last drive with Damon was sweet though..........

CrazyPhuD
08-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Anyone else think we're featuring Huard to try and get something out of a trade?

I read a few different places that we wanted to play Croyle into the second half.

That last drive with Damon was sweet though..........

Heh if someone is willing to trade for Huard we should tell them we'll even throw in the brooklyn bridge.

KCJohnny
08-07-2008, 08:42 PM

Forgive me for my homerism, but I think Lenny knows a bit more about being an NFL QB than the collective brain trust on CP.
And yes, I'm a Huard fan. We could do a LOT worse IMO. So if I am listening on the internet and Lenny says Huard was impressive, I'm just dumb enough to think Lenny might be seeing something.

KCJ
GO CHIEFS!

unlurking
08-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Screw you and your "not talk personalities" bullshit KCJ. You're an asshole to anyone that's not a homer, or has a differing opinion than you. Amazing that your head fits through the door.

**** you and you pussy ass neg rep.

Coach
08-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Let's not get carried away with Horrid. His throws were at times, off of the receivers. Like the TD catch by Price, that throw was low and away, where Price had to adjust to it.

I should also point out that Huard is prone to big negative plays (the huge 20 yard sack comes into mind)

Coach
08-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Considering we have 1 WR anything is possible at the position.

So far, Price has put on a good show. Hell, he's making DAMON HUARD look like a f**king All-Pro with his catches.

That one lob pass to the endzone was a horrible horrible pass by Damon, and Price just almost got both of his feet inbounds.

KCJohnny
08-07-2008, 08:50 PM
So far, Price has put on a good show. Hell, he's making DAMON HUARD look like a f**king All-Pro with his catches.

That one lob pass to the endzone was a horrible horrible pass by Damon, and Price just almost got both of his feet inbounds.

I wish I could see the game. Price seems like he's attracting a lot of throws from both QBs.

Coach
08-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I wish I could see the game. Price seems like he's attracting a lot of throws from both QBs.

So far, he's looking pretty solid thus far.

As for the QB situation, even though I am not strongly in favor of Damon Huard, he is performing better than Thigpen as for now. Thigpen's throws has been horrible thus far, even though it's a sample size.

KCJohnny
08-07-2008, 08:58 PM

As for the QB situation, even though I am not strongly in favor of Damon Huard, he is performing better than Thigpen as for now. Thigpen's throws has been horrible thus far, even though it's a sample size.

I am rooting for Brodie, but there's a reason Huard won the job in camp last year. I think Brodie might be a lot better if we can get the running game going.

Reerun_KC
08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I am rooting for Brodie, but there's a reason Huard won the job in camp last year. I think Brodie might be a lot better if we can get the running game going.
Carl Peterson....

Every coach wanted Croyle to start....

Yeah there was a reason alright....

Coach
08-07-2008, 09:17 PM

There was a reason that Huard somehow won the job, even though Croyle clearly OUTPERFORMED Huard. That reason was Carl Peterson, who don't know SHIT about football.

Reerun_KC
08-07-2008, 09:19 PM
KCJohnny, I have to side with Coach on this one...

Croyle was/is better than DownField BigGame, but I understand your dedication...

Lzen
08-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Johnny,
Huard at times looks pretty good. He is a smart, cagey veteran. He makes some really good decisions and good throws sometimes. He was a little shakey at the start of that drive, though.

On the first play, it looked like a screen pass. Charles didn't turn around to look for the ball soon enough and Huard took about a 20 yard loss. Why didn't he just throw it at Charles' feet? We can't have big losses like that.

The other big problem with Huard is that he's so slow that he can't scramble away from the rush. I think he is back where he belongs this year. Just accept the fact that the guy was never good enough to be a starting NFL QB. He's a decent, veteran backup. Nothing more, nothing less.

Valiant
08-07-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm listening online to Len Dawson and he says Huard looks outstanding.
6-8 for 77 yds and a TD...
Who is this Maurice Price guy? Seems like he is getting open...

Yeah except for him giving up a 20 yard sack because he smelt the defense.. Granted he got away from the other one, but I think that has more to do with that guy whiffing..

Reerun_KC
08-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Yeah except for him giving up a 20 yard sack because he smelt the defense.. Granted he got away from the other one, but I think that has more to do with that guy whiffing..
A savy Vet gives up a 20 yard sack?

Yeah Huard needs to lead this team! LMAO

STFU about Huard.. He is 3rd string period and should stay there!

Valiant
08-07-2008, 09:43 PM

How do you know??? You yourself said you could not watch.. You cannot see how poorly the ball is thrown.. Or the fact that he gets deer eyes with pressure.. But hey its not like others can overachieve and make a QB look better then he is..

Valiant
08-07-2008, 09:45 PM

Just have Lenny give your more thoughts..

Valiant
08-07-2008, 09:46 PM

No argument there.. Thigpen looked like crap this game.. But that does not mean Huard all of sudden is worth a damn..

Valiant
08-07-2008, 09:47 PM
There was a reason that Huard somehow won the job, even though Croyle clearly OUTPERFORMED Huard. That reason was Carl Peterson, who don't know SHIT about football.

What you mean trying to get to 8-8 or 9-7 so you can keep the seats full instead of letting your younger QB grow and learn is not a valid reason for fans..

Its all about mediocrity and making money..

Reerun_KC
08-07-2008, 09:52 PM
I guess Thigpen just unseated Downfield BigGame

FAX
08-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm listening to the radio feed, too. Lenny was high on Downfield. Saying how well he was throwing the ball and liking the way his cup was riding and all.

FAX

Coach
08-07-2008, 10:08 PM
I guess Thigpen just unseated Downfield BigGame

That last drive that Thigpen may have helped his case. He'll still need to perform better in the Arizona game however. He just can't go out there and start bombing out until the 2 minute drives, then all of a sudden, he's Brett F**king Farve.

Reerun_KC
08-07-2008, 10:11 PM
That last drive that Thigpen may have helped his case. He'll still need to perform better in the Arizona game however. He just can't go out there and start bombing out until the 2 minute drives, then all of a sudden, he's Brett F**king Farve.
True, I was just :Poke:

ChiefsLV
08-07-2008, 10:27 PM

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be announcing on an open BBS that you have access to a DoD network either. Makes you a prime target for espionage.

damaticous
08-07-2008, 10:28 PM
The recievers made him look good

Agreed 100%

KCJohnny
08-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Johnny,
Huard at times looks pretty good. He is a smart, cagey veteran. He makes some really good decisions and good throws sometimes. He was a little shakey at the start of that drive, though.

On the first play, it looked like a screen pass. Charles didn't turn around to look for the ball soon enough and Huard took about a 20 yard loss. Why didn't he just throw it at Charles' feet? We can't have big losses like that.

The other big problem with Huard is that he's so slow that he can't scramble away from the rush. I think he is back where he belongs this year. Just accept the fact that the guy was never good enough to be a starting NFL QB. He's a decent, veteran backup. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks, Izen. I appreciate the commentary - as others have said, I coundn't see the action. But being in the game for 1 minute and some change and marching straight downfield and scoring is pretty impressive to me, no matter who does it. Looking at his stats, it looks like Thigpen snapped out of his funk and Bobby Sippio finally got the ball in his hands with nice results!

Count Alex's Losses
08-07-2008, 10:45 PM
HUARD IS AWESOME
TRAINING CAMP WAS A MIRAGE

Fish
08-07-2008, 10:46 PM
QB controversy!!!!!!!!!

Read up!

jjjayb
08-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks, Izen. I appreciate the commentary - as others have said, I coundn't see the action. But being in the game for 1 minute and some change and marching straight downfield and scoring is pretty impressive to me, no matter who does it.

He wasn't in the game for only 1 minute. He had 2 series before that drive that went nowhere.

Warrior5
08-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Maurice Price caught everything thrown in his general direction, including some crappy throws from Huard. Dude made a statement last night.

Huard was Huard; sometimes on, sometimes off. He went fetal on the 20-yard sack, and is immobile.

Thigpen has to learn to look off receivers; I even knew he was going to throw to Pryce on that costly INT.

Croyle looked decent; was mobile and spread the Bears' D.

It was awesome to actually see a Chief QB audible and bootleg. Kudos to Chan Gailey.

O-line was better than I expected, especially against da Bears dreaded D. Still need work.

Bears' QBs were horrible. Chiefs' run D needs work.

IMHO, Len Dawson is a pretty objective commentator; he levels criticism when warranted.

The Chiefs won a game, an away game at that... hooah!

KCJohnny
08-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Maurice Price caught everything thrown in his general direction, including some crappy throws from Huard. Dude made a statement last night.

Huard was Huard; sometimes on, sometimes off. He went fetal on the 20-yard sack, and is immobile.

Thigpen has to learn to look off receivers; I even knew he was going to throw to Pryce on that costly INT.

Croyle looked decent; was mobile and spread the Bears' D.

It was awesome to actually see a Chief QB audible and bootleg. Kudos to Chan Gailey.

O-line was better than I expected, especially against da Bears dreaded D. Still need work.

Bears' QBs were horrible. Chiefs' run D needs work.

IMHO, Len Dawson is a pretty objective commentator; he levels criticism when warranted.

The Chiefs won a game, an away game at that... hooah!

Thanks, W5! That was the analysis I was hoping to get. I'm going to have to live the 2008 season vicariously through my fellow chiefs fans online as I am back in the Land of the Morning Calm...

Baby Lee
08-08-2008, 07:20 AM

The Bears commentators were equally impressed, particularly with Huard's sense to throw the TD pass behind the receiver as the safety was closing in fast from the front.

That fetal sack was 1/2 Hutard, 1/2 Larry whiffing his block. But the 2min O was well run by Huard, that from a Huard hatuh and the guys broadcasting for the competition.

That said, Gailey's rollout O is clearly not Downfield's future. He's a pocket guy who needs an all-world O-line.