PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We are a QB away from a decent team

DT58HOF
08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Seriously Croyle is horrible, Huard is better but not the future.
Thigpen is an athlete but will never be more than a 3rd stringer in the NFL
We need a QB SOON hopefully this season Huard or Pennington is our QB to give us a chance at winning this year and maybe draft a QB next year or trade for one like Brady Quinn
if we go with Croyle this year we will be the laughing stock of football for many years to come!!

cdcox
08-07-2008, 08:25 PM
:shake:

Direckshun
08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm going to love this season.

Reerun_KC
Jesus not this shit again...

Dude we are so far from a decent team....

Stop your pathetic drivel about the QB and the F*UCKING Preseason GAMES!

Damn Chiefs fans are getting retarded by the minute.. Herm is rubbing off on the fanbase...

Reerun_KC
I'm going to love this season.
this place is going to look like a bar fight day in and out....

MGRS13
08-07-2008, 08:28 PM
I'M FAR FAR FAR from a Croyle guy but he is WAY WAY WAY better then Huard, at least Croyle isn't a coward.

Molitoth
08-07-2008, 08:29 PM
We need a QB SOON hopefully this season Huard or Pennington is our QB to give us a chance at winning this year and maybe draft a QB next year or trade for one like Brady Quinn
if we go with Croyle this year we will be the laughing stock of football for many years to come!!

How has Croyle shown you he is horrible tonight?
How has Crouching tiger shown you he is better?

WTF are you smoking?

Reerun_KC
08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Besides, KC has no clue what it is like to develop a QB, How would we even know what a QBOTF looks like...

We need to just chill and play this year out. We arent competing for anything other that development...

blueballs
08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
HA
chiefsplanet is playing the rookies too

Valiant
08-07-2008, 08:37 PM
****ing hell.. Where do people come up with this shit.. It is a preaseason game.. You want to spend money or trade for a better QB when we are rebuilding this year?? Let the team grow this year and see if croyle has the tools or not..

DaFace
I wish there was a way to automatically make it so that people with a certain number of neg reps couldn't start threads.

Reerun_KC
****ing hell.. Where do people come up with this shit.. It is a preaseason game.. You want to spend money or trade for a better QB when we are rebuilding this year?? Let the team grow this year and see if croyle has the tools or not..

QFT!

MIAdragon
08-07-2008, 08:43 PM
http://sonsofsamhorn.net/style_emoticons/default/emot-barf.gif

blueballs
08-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Bobby Sippio and Midnight Vulture never post at the same time

FAX
08-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Once in a while, it's good to see the thread equivalent of a squat thrust gone bad.

FAX

Sully
08-07-2008, 08:53 PM
This thread just made Baby Jesus go on a murdering spree.

Buehler445
08-07-2008, 08:54 PM
WHAT

THE

??

CupidStunt
08-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Croyle is no worse than the entire D-line sans Dorsey, LB corps sans DJ, etc.

petegz28
08-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Yea that sweet ass pass Croyle threw to Franklin really SUCKED! /gfy

tomahawk kid
08-07-2008, 09:04 PM

F#ck your mother.

Seriously.

Pestilence
08-07-2008, 09:06 PM
F#ck your mother.

Seriously.

ROFL

Coach
08-07-2008, 09:06 PM
I wish there was a way to automatically make it so that people with a certain number of neg reps couldn't start threads.

Oh hell, perhaps that people with less than 500 posts with a certain number of neg reps should be outright banned and shot.

Tribal Warfare
08-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Croyle did a good job with reads, ball placement, and playing on the move.

Reerun_KC
08-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh hell, perhaps that people with less than 500 posts with a certain number of neg reps should be outright banned and shot.
Damn you would of never made it this far then...

Kidding! LMAO

KcMizzou
08-07-2008, 09:09 PM
HA
chiefsplanet is playing the rookies tooLMAO

Reerun_KC
08-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Yea that sweet ass pass Croyle threw to Franklin really SUCKED! /gfy

hell Yeah!

http://the-replacements.warnerbros.com/img/orlando.jpg

Frankie
08-07-2008, 09:41 PM
.....and maybe draft a QB next year or trade for one like Brady Quinn.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. But hasn't Croyle already shown more than Quinn? Quinn may well end up being a good NFL QB (thought I doubt it) but to shoot down Croyle's decent performance in comparison to a QB who's ass is still warming a bench is asinine. :shake:

Frankie
08-07-2008, 09:43 PM
How has Croyle shown you he is horrible tonight?

EXACTLY. Some folks just want to spew baseless venom instead of making informed arguments.

Frankie
08-07-2008, 09:44 PM

Amen.

Frankie
08-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Once in a while, it's good to see the thread equivalent of a squat thrust gone bad.

FAX

ROFL

thurman merman
08-07-2008, 09:46 PM
no, we are a QB, and a few offensive linemen, and a wide receiver, and a kicker, and some defensive linemen, and a couple cornerbacks and a safety, and a head coach away from a decent football team.

BigRedChief
08-07-2008, 09:46 PM
This thread just made Baby Jesus go on a murdering spree.
http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Crap-FingerBaby.jpg

SPATCH
08-07-2008, 09:48 PM
damon huard is my step-dad

seriously. doesn't he just look like the generic american step-dad?

thurman merman
08-07-2008, 09:50 PM
damon huard is my step-dad

seriously. doesn't he just look like the generic american step-dad?

if by "generic american step-dad" you mean "matthew perry with a goatee."

talastan
08-07-2008, 10:07 PM
I think Croyle didn't look too bad this evening, and I think you're full of sh*t!! Yes my opinion is biased but the point remains valid. Dumb@ss thread.

the Talking Can
08-07-2008, 10:09 PM

your mom should have an abortion

SPATCH
08-07-2008, 10:10 PM
if by "generic american step-dad" you mean "matthew perry with a goatee."

"fat matthew perry" not "skinny mattew perry", though

seriously, that guy's weight fluctuates more than the DOW

SPATCH
08-07-2008, 10:11 PM
your mom should have an abortion

well geez, it's too late now

Luke
08-07-2008, 10:27 PM

Pablo
08-07-2008, 10:28 PM
if we go with Croyle this year we will be the laughing stock of football for many years to come!!And we haven't been since Carl took over?

You're a f*cking idiot. Don't breath, don't eat, and for f*cks sake don't reproduce.

Brodie only orchestrated the best drive of the game, made good reads, and put the ball in a shoebox for Franklin on that sweet fly route. Oh, and when he did seriously f*ck up the play by almost handing off the LJ, he scrambled for a first.

Good Lord, you c*cksuckers are impossible to please. We're a few idiots less away from a decent fan base.

SBK
08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
They say genius skips a generation so I bet the thread starter has a really smart dad and will have brilliant kids.

Frankie
08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
You're a f*cking idiot. Don't breath, don't eat, and for f*cks sake don't reproduce. ROFL

TRR
08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
This thread doesn't even make sense...

the Talking Can
08-07-2008, 10:52 PM
well geez, it's too late now

nah....she should just have one...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-07-2008, 11:01 PM
I hate Croyle and don't think the guy has a chance in this league, but you have to play him this year to see if he does.

Oh Snap
08-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Dont you think your throwing B. Croyle under the bus just a tad bit to early here?

When was the last time this organization groomed a young QB of there own? Its a proven fact that teams who groom their own QB, make and win the most super bowls.

Even if we drafted a QB next year, there would be people bitching about how "he isnt going to be KC's answer at QB". It takes time and patience. BC is going to take his lumps. But last years inept offensive line, without LJ, and a horrible OC in solari, is not the best case for success. Give Croyle some time.

Chris Meck
08-08-2008, 12:19 AM
This f**kin' guy, it he was even watching football, probably was all about Ryan Leaf and then was hatin' on Manning for the first couple of years when he threw more INT's than TD's.

Croyle did nothing at all to lessen anyone's hopes that he's an NFL QB tonight. If you think differently, you literally don't know what you're talking about. Nothing at all about his play tonight sucked in any way. He was accurate, in control of the offense, making things happen, audibling, putting the ball where only his guys could get it...

Nothing sucked at all about Brodie.

Swazey
08-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Croyle did nothing at all to lessen anyone's hopes that he's an NFL QB tonight. If you think differently, you literally don't know what you're talking about. Nothing at all about his play tonight sucked in any way. He was accurate, in control of the offense, making things happen, audibling, putting the ball where only his guys could get it...

Nothing sucked at all about Brodie.

Thank you... for those of us who have the majority of last years games at the click of a mouse... Brodie wasn't too shabby, given the circumstances...

JuicesFlowing
08-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Brodie played well tonight. 3rd down conversions were good ... to suggest that our QB is what's holding us back is ridiculous.

Chiefs=Good
08-08-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm embarrassed for you...

Ari Chi3fs
08-08-2008, 01:17 AM
http://sonsofsamhorn.net/style_emoticons/default/emot-barf.gif

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bjce3VEhouY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bjce3VEhouY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PastorMikH
08-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Man I hope you are being sarcastic here. If not, you were aware that we were wearing white - Croyle was NOT wearing a black jersey.

Croyle's arm kept that first drive alive despite LJ's attempts to sink it. Hard to imagine Croyle being credited for a fumble when LJ dropped it. Then, after watching LJ's runs put us into a hole, Croyle's arms pulls us out only for LJ to get a TD run out of it.

I was much more pleased with Croyle's play tonight than I was LJ's.

ChiefsCountry
08-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Brodie played good tonight. Just give the kid a chance he will be a stud QB in the league.

Guru
08-08-2008, 01:49 AM

BAnning them seems awfully extreme. :D

GarySpFc
08-08-2008, 04:51 AM
EXACTLY. Some folks just want to spew baseless venom instead of making informed arguments.

It's going to be interesting to hear Kevin Keitzman's analysis of Croyle's performance this morning. The man's hatred for Brodie is surreal, and all his objectivity left ages ago. :cuss:

Baby Lee
08-08-2008, 05:10 AM

YaI!!!

Tuckdaddy
08-08-2008, 05:17 AM
sure as hell not horrible. last year at this time he was. He's got a gun for an arm. I though he looked ok.

little jacob
08-08-2008, 06:16 AM
i can't believe there are tards out there pining for Huard.

CoMoChief
08-08-2008, 06:45 AM
I honestly don't have a lot of faith in Croyle.

Having that said it would be stupid not to have Croyle in there to see what we have with him. I really hope he proves me wrong. I honestly think we look for a starting QB if not after this season, definately after 2009.

Croyle makes retarded decisions sometimes and still looks inconsistent in the pocket. I understand it takes time to get better at the QB position. But some QB's have "it" and some don't. I just don't think Croyle is the guy that's gonna lead this offense to the playoffs.

Once again for the record I hope he proves me wrong.

Dayze
08-08-2008, 10:55 AM

FAX

Mr Fax, you have a spectacular way of putting things.
ROFL

jjchieffan
08-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Lets see. Croyle played 2 possessions. The first was a fifteen play drive that ended in a TD, the second was killed by the O-line. How do you get Croyle sucked from that?

Sully
08-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Croyle did a good job with reads, ball placement, and playing on the move.

I disagree with the ball placement. I think the WRs just made plays on bad balls.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-08-2008, 11:01 AM
So what, he didnt look like Peyton ****ing Manning in the preseason game, so i guess hes horrible

J Diddy
08-08-2008, 11:07 AM
I disagree with the ball placement. I think the WRs just made plays on bad balls.

I disagree with your disagreeing

however the only way to tell is if he continues the success

Short Leash Hootie
08-08-2008, 11:20 AM
I thought Croyle looked awesome last night...he didn't force anything...he was very mobile...he made good reads...

Huard was Huard...give him a few seconds and he can find receivers...but if he's pressured he'll get sacked...like I said, show him off, let him throw a couple TD's, try to get a 7th rounder for him and sign Pennington...

Otherwise, with Thigpen's showing, we have to keep Huard as our #2...Thigpen simply isn't ready.

dorseybowe
08-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Geez, Bowe ran too deep on his route, and Franklin fell on his ass. Take those off Croyle's report card. Then he's 6-8 with a TD. Great game.

Mizzou_8541
08-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks for making n00bs everywhere look retarded. I certainly don't need your help to do that.

ChiefsCountry
08-08-2008, 11:45 AM

Len Dawson was raving about the placement on the radio.

GarySpFc
08-08-2008, 12:25 PM
If you want to have fun, then listen to Kevin Keitzman today on 810 AM Radio at 2 PM. He hates Croyle so much it shows in his voice.

Micjones
08-08-2008, 12:31 PM
I must say...Croyle actually looked pretty solid last night.

No reason to bet the farm on him or panic at this point, but I'll definitely take last night as a sign of progress. Preseason starts do matter.

sedated
08-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Geez, Bowe ran too deep on his route

couldn't that also be considered an underthrow by Croyle?

is there really such a thing as running too deep on a 9 route?

Deberg_1990
08-08-2008, 12:48 PM
I must say...Croyle actually looked pretty solid last night.

No reason to bet the farm on him or panic at this point, but I'll definitely take last night as a sign of progress. Preseason starts do matter.

I Agree. I saw some progress and encouraging signs. Lets see how he handles things when the games count.

Tribal Warfare
08-08-2008, 12:49 PM

It was designed that way, CB would run past it while makes the adjustment for the ball.

Rausch
08-08-2008, 12:54 PM
I see why the staff is so enamored with him.

He displayed worse mechanics than Green during his bad knee and "TrInt" phase and had power and accuracy. And still MADE the throws.

I just don't get it.

The decision making still isn't there. I just hope the thinktank doesn't get so enamored with his freak-gun that they overlook his shortcomings....

RustShack
08-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Lets trade for Kurt Warner!

FAX
08-08-2008, 01:05 PM

Herm specifically mentioned in his Q&A that Bowe overran the route. Blamed it on excitement.

FAX

FAX
08-08-2008, 01:08 PM
If you want to have fun, then listen to Kevin Keitzman today on 810 AM Radio at 2 PM. He hates Croyle so much it shows in his voice.

I'll never listen to them again (if I can help it). That KK person has completely lost his mind when it comes to Croyle. It's the silliest thing I've seen in a long time from a media personality. It's as if Croyle stole his Barney coloring book, or something.

All Croyle has to do is improve and win games. That's the best revenge against a guy like that KK person.

FAX

Baby Lee
08-08-2008, 01:18 PM
I'll never listen to them again (if I can help it). That KK person has completely lost his mind when it comes to Croyle. It's the silliest thing I've seen in a long time from a media personality. It's as if Croyle stole his Barney coloring book, or something.

All Croyle has to do is improve and win games. That's the best revenge against a guy like that KK person.

FAX

KK is a teenage girl.
When Gunther gave him an exclusive interview before he was hired as HC, he was the biggest cheerleader for his hire. Then when Gunther didn't give 'good quote' in his interviews AS HC, he became the biggest cheerleader for his firing.

redbrian
08-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Len Dawson was raving about the placement on the radio.

That old crank what the hell does he know....hell the brain trust here, could take a dog turd and turn it into a Supper Bowl Winner..........

J Diddy
08-08-2008, 01:33 PM

we could get trent green back

RustShack
08-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Why hasn't Chad signed with us yet?

Deberg_1990
08-08-2008, 01:37 PM

Bette yet, Vinny Testeverde can still play. He proved it last year! ROFL

J Diddy
08-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Why hasn't Chad signed with us yet?

Chads going to miami to compete for a starting job

no ****ing way he'd want to come here and be a backup with no chance unless that's the only option

FAX
08-08-2008, 01:44 PM
KK is a teenage girl.
When Gunther gave him an exclusive interview before he was hired as HC, he was the biggest cheerleader for his hire. Then when Gunther didn't give 'good quote' in his interviews AS HC, he became the biggest cheerleader for his firing.

It's remarkable, Mr. Baby Lee. I can safely say that, were Nashville to have a guy like that who incessantly berated the Tack quarterback de jour, he would be on the air for about an hour. Why? Because our corporate money supports both the radio station and the Tacks. The powers in this town wouldn't stand for it. They would have his ass. Maybe it's a Southern thing.

FAX

dorseybowe
08-08-2008, 01:46 PM

YES

Q: On that first offensive drive did you guys do some things to get them going a little bit?

EDWARDS: I thought Chan (Gailey) did a good job of keeping them off-balance. A couple of times guys fell down. The first (pass) route we tried to throw the receiver ran too deep and that was a pretty good receiver. They were excited. But when we settled down and got going we did some nice things. We got the quarterback outside the pocket. We ran the ball at times pretty well. But I thought we did a nice job of balancing out our attack.

Pestilence
08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
YES

Q: On that first offensive drive did you guys do some things to get them going a little bit?

EDWARDS: I thought Chan (Gailey) did a good job of keeping them off-balance. A couple of times guys fell down. The first (pass) route we tried to throw the receiver ran too deep and that was a pretty good receiver. They were excited. But when we settled down and got going we did some nice things. We got the quarterback outside the pocket. We ran the ball at times pretty well. But I thought we did a nice job of balancing out our attack.

If anything on that first drive....they passed a hell of a lot more than I thought they would.

Rick
08-08-2008, 03:46 PM
****ing hell.. Where do people come up with this shit.. It is a preaseason game.. You want to spend money or trade for a better QB when we are rebuilding this year?? Let the team grow this year and see if croyle has the tools or not..Good point, plus in this system he may at least be good enough to get us in to the playoffs....next year.

sedated
08-08-2008, 03:48 PM
we need to trade for Colt Brennan

chiefs1111
08-08-2008, 03:49 PM
If anything on that first drive....they passed a hell of a lot more than I thought they would.

Yeah,I was a little surprised by that as well.......

Coogs
08-08-2008, 04:01 PM

I had to listen to his show just for that reason. In fact last night during that first drive I was thinking that "I'll bet this is is just killing KK to watch Croyle on this drive".

Anyway... he could not give it up for Croyle. Gave major props to the coaching and gave Huard a little love, saying if Croyle flops we saw why we can not afford to give up Huard. But the only real comment he could give on Croyle was when one caller kind of led him into a place where he threw in a comment on a couple of Croyles throws. Said Croyle still had a couple of throws that made you sort of cringe and say what the heck was that. (This isn't all word for word. I am paraphrasing it, but it is pretty close)

And FWIW, I can not remember a single throw last night where I thought that from Croyle. He threw it away a couple of times and had a receiver slip and fall down, and had the Bowe catch out-of-bounds that was one heck of a throw IMO, and I think everything else was complete.

No real bashing.... but he wasn't about to give it up for Brodie either. Probably going to be a tough 10 days for KK until the Cardinals game. :)

Micjones
08-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Amazing how people are giving Croyle credit for preseason play.
Something that was so utterly insignificant before when I brought it up.
That's cute.

But, I'll stay true to form and say (again) that the kid looked good last night.

FAX
08-08-2008, 04:08 PM
That's cute.

ROFL

Good point. Still, I'm very glad to see you acknowledge that Baby Brodie played pretty well last night, Mr. Micjones. In this league, it's all about wins, though. Regular season wins. He needs a few of those before the anti-Croyles simmah down.

FAX

kstater
08-08-2008, 04:10 PM

Where in the world to these loons come from?

Micjones
08-08-2008, 04:16 PM
ROFL

Good point. Still, I'm very glad to see you acknowledge that Baby Brodie played pretty well last night, Mr. Micjones. In this league, it's all about wins, though. Regular season wins. He needs a few of those before the anti-Croyles simmah down.

FAX

I have no problem being honest about his performance.
From my view, that's all I've ever been.

I hope he proves me wrong.
But you're right... He'll need to keep this up when the real bullets start flying to keep the job and earn the respect of the fans not unlike myself.

Coogs
08-08-2008, 04:17 PM
That's cute.

But, I'll stay true to form and say (again) that the kid looked good last night.

He did look good last night. And I am one of the guys who has defended what I saw from Croyle last season. (And I am also glad he was 0-6 as a starter so we now have Dorsey)

But I have to wonder how many people would have been here bashing away if we would have seen nothing last night out of Croyle... even though it was only the first preseason game?

Micjones
08-08-2008, 04:19 PM
He did look good last night. And I am one of the guys who has defended what I saw from Croyle last season. (And I am also glad he was 0-6 as a starter so we now have Dorsey)

But I have to wonder how many people would have been here bashing away if we would have seen nothing last night out of Croyle... even though it was only the first preseason game?

I would've taken note of a poor performance, but I certainly wouldn't have gone ape shit over it. A string of bad pre-season performances would surely have brought my boobirds back out, but 1 game is just that...1 game.

Baby Lee
08-08-2008, 04:26 PM
That's cute.

I said it before, the first First Team performance of the Bears Defense at home is not business as usual for preseason. Those guys are rabid about that shit. And we didn't just competent against them, we looked like a solid unit taking care of business and getting off the field.

Micjones
08-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I said it before, the first First Team performance of the Bears Defense at home is not business as usual for preseason. Those guys are rabid about that shit. And we didn't just competent against them, we looked like a solid unit taking care of business and getting off the field.

It was a great first drive, but I can't imagine that the Bears expected such an attack to begin the pre-season. Honestly it's hard to know how much credit to give this offense just yet.

If they continue to have that kind of success we may have something on our hands. If they do not... We might have to temper our enthusiasm and realize the Bears may have just been caught off guard.

Baby Lee
08-08-2008, 04:32 PM
It was a great first drive, but I can't imagine that the Bears expected such an attack to begin the pre-season. Honestly it's hard to know how much credit to give this offense just yet.

If they continue to have that kind of success we may have something on our hands. If they do not... We might have to temper our enthusiasm and realize the Bears may have just been caught off guard.

There were rollouts, and 'the scramble,' but it wasn't like we were running flea flickers and double reverses.

Pablo
08-08-2008, 04:34 PM

If they continue to have that kind of success we may have something on our hands. If they do not... We might have to temper our enthusiasm and realize the Bears may have just been caught off guard.Isn't catching them off guard sort of the point?

We don't have a team stacked with offensive talent and veterans. We're going to have to catch every team we play off guard because we don't have the line, experienced QB, or experienced WR corps to drop back and bomb the hell out of them, or to line up and just cram it down their throats. This is the new Chiefs offense, and if it caught Chicago off-guard, it did exactly what it was designed to.

Micjones
08-08-2008, 04:35 PM
There were rollouts, and 'the scramble,' but it wasn't like we were running flea flickers and double reverses.

Still, I think the Bears might've expected a more vanilla approach on the opening drive. We'll know one way or the other in a couple weeks.

Micjones
08-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Isn't catching them off guard sort of the point?

Absolutely.

What I'm saying is I think they might've been caught off guard because they expected a more simplified offensive approach and not because of the scheming. We'll find out which is which.

We don't have a team stacked with offensive talent and veterans. We're going to have to catch every team we play off guard because we don't have the line, experienced QB, or experienced WR corps to drop back and bomb the hell out of them, or to line up and just cram it down their throats.

You can only catch a good football team off guard so much in the Regular Season. We'll have to do more than that to be successful. We'll have to execute in predictable offensive situations as well.

Baby Lee
08-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Absolutely.

What I'm saying is I think they might've been caught off guard because they expected a more simplified offensive approach and not because of the scheming. We'll find out which is which.

You can only catch a good football team off guard so much in the Regular Season. We'll have to do more than that to be successful. We'll have to execute in predictable offensive situations as well.

Thing is, a rollout buys time, but it also is a clear indicator of a pass. And we passed on all rollouts but the scramble which was a busted play. We demonstrated skill players capable of separation, even when the pass is evident.

Micjones
08-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Thing is, a rollout buys time, but it also is a clear indicator of a pass. And we passed on all rollouts but the scramble which was a busted play. We demonstrated skill players capable of separation, even when the pass is evident.

All I'm saying is... I'm not sure that we're as successful on the opening drive of a Regular Season game against that same Bears defense. Hopefully I'm wrong about that. Time will tell.

Frankie
08-09-2008, 02:16 PM
That's cute.

Wait until he has his first off day. He'll be a bust again. The fact is he is going to have ups and downs this year, not due to lack of talent but experience. I think he is talented, but wait for all the reactions of calling for him to be cut after his first INT.

Frankie
08-09-2008, 02:19 PM

Because we drafted him. If he was on another teams roster the very same bashers would be cussing CP and Herm for not drafting him two years ago when he was available in the 3rd round.

blueballs
08-09-2008, 02:35 PM
100 post thread
excellent work n00b
skip will be along shortly to give you rep

Fruit Ninja
08-09-2008, 04:18 PM
This thread is what you call a internet forum gangrape. He got it so bad he didnt even bother to come back to post. hah

JuicesFlowing
08-09-2008, 04:34 PM
115 posts with neg rep ... complaining about everything ... not good.

unlurking
08-09-2008, 05:09 PM
I haven't read this thread, and I don't plan to.

Whoever used to get upset about posters calling people retarded, I am apologizing in advance. I'm sorry, but I just don't ****ing care any more. Whoever you were/are I sort of remember my sincere apology and sympathy for your plight. But right now, some people just need to ****ing die.

DT58HOF YOU ARE A ****ING RETARD!!!!!

Mecca
08-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Because we drafted him. If he was on another teams roster the very same bashers would be cussing CP and Herm for not drafting him two years ago when he was available in the 3rd round.

Just like some people here think he's the guy for no other reason than we drafted him...

beach tribe
08-09-2008, 05:41 PM
I have always thought Brodie had the goods. Before we drafted him, after we drafted him, and at this moment.

I can't wait till he throws crow into you bitches mouths.........at 95 mph.

FAX
08-09-2008, 05:45 PM
I have always thought Brodie had the goods. Before we drafted him, after we drafted him, and at this moment.

Amen. It's ridiculous and shameful the way some people talk about him. Just because he had injuries in college and drops to the third round. Absurd. I'd have taken him in a heartbeat over Cutler. He can throw a football faster and more accurately than 99 percent of the guys currently playing in the NFL. All he does is break records.

FAX

Mecca
08-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Once again arm strength is the single most overrated attribute when QBs are in the draft.

unlurking
08-09-2008, 05:50 PM

I have been a Bowe supporter from the beginning, but the one argument against him that I pay credence to, is his durability. I think the kid has got all the talent, skill, and intelligence to be a star in this game, but he does seem to be fragile. I really hope that he can get through this year and show some toughness, because I think our O-Line can only get better in terms of protection. Letting him audible and scramble gives me hope.

Fruit Ninja
08-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Once again arm strength is the single most overrated attribute when QBs are in the draft.

All he said was at 95mph. I dont think he said we drafted Brodie based on pure arm strength. I think everyone knows its not the most important thing. it has to be accuracy and pocket presence. WE dont know if he has that, because in his 6 or whatever starts hasnt even had a ****ing pocket.

FAX
08-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Don't be so silly, Mr. Mecca. God-given arm strength and accuracy aren't coachable attributes. Sometimes you are such a Debbie Downer. That's what I'm going to call you from now on. Mr. Debbie Downer.

I worry about his footwork and, of course, injury. That's it.

FAX

unlurking
08-09-2008, 05:52 PM
He seems pretty accurate as well. A little aggressive maybe, but seems smart as well. Regardless of arm strength, if he is given moderate protection, and the ability to audible and scramble as he sees fit, I think he has the intelligence and competitiveness to be great.

FAX
08-09-2008, 05:53 PM
It's been said before, but it bears repeating ... Croyle played behind one of the worst o-lines in the history of the NCAA for years. Really, really bad. All he did was break records. And, at Bama, no less.

Give the kid a break.

FAX

Mecca
08-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Don't be so silly, Mr. Mecca. God-given arm strength and accuracy aren't coachable attributes. Sometimes you are such a Debbie Downer. That's what I'm going to call you from now on. Mr. Debbie Downer.

I worry about his footwork and, of course, injury. That's it.

FAX

Guess where accuracy comes from? If a QB has bad feet he will be inaccurate.

All I'm saying is people like Croyle because of his arm that to me isn't important unless he has a girl arm, all I need to know is if it's good enough because Brady and Manning don't have rocket arms.

This is what I think with Croyle, his arm is strong sure.....he's also undersized, injury prone and does things with his feet that make me wonder if he'll ever be accurate.

unlurking
08-09-2008, 05:55 PM
All he said was at 95mph. I dont think he said we drafted Brodie based on pure arm strength. I think everyone knows its not the most important thing. it has to be accuracy and pocket presence. WE dont know if he has that, because in his 6 or whatever starts hasnt even had a ****ing pocket.
And thanks to Chan, Brodie can create and move the pocket with him. This is seriously his year to sink or swim. Is O-Line should be at least mediocre with Alberts back, and I expect Croyle to shine with the freedom the new offense gives him to audible and move.

FAX
08-09-2008, 05:55 PM
He's accurate as hell. As I've said, all he does is break records. Do you think the NCAA imagined all those completed passes and yards, Mr. Debbie Downer? I think not.

FAX

unlurking
08-09-2008, 06:00 PM
He's accurate as hell. As I've said, all he does is break records. Do you think the NCAA imagined all those completed passes and yards, Mr. Debbie Downer? I think not.

FAX
I think Debbie Downer is usually pretty accurate in his assessment of players, but I think there is some sort of biased against Croyle. Accuracy is less about feet, and more about confidence and time. Force Favre into a 6 x 6 yard pocket, and he would likely be one of the shittiest QBs to ever hit the show. Put Montana behind a line with guys like I-65 and he'd be eating meals through a straw the rest of his life. From the first two drives of Chan so far, it looks like they are trying to put together a scheme that plays to the strengths of Croyle. (Too bad I-65 was still there. Whoa. Deja Vu)

Mecca
08-09-2008, 06:01 PM

FAX

Dude what records did he break lol......I could whip out Matt Leinarts ridiculous college stats and 95% of this board thinks he's a bust even though he was drafted the same year as Croyle...

Just an example.

unlurking
08-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Dude what records did he break lol......I could whip out Matt Leinarts ridiculous college stats and 95% of this board thinks he's a bust even though he was drafted the same year as Croyle...

Just an example.
I still think Leinart is a diamond in the rough. The rough just happens to be Phoenix.

FAX
08-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Let's see ... Namath, Starr, ... who am I leaving out ... oh, yeah ... Stabler.

Mr. Debbie Downer probably thinks those guys sucked too, though. You are amazing.

FAX

Mecca
08-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Ok I'm not going to get overly excited that he broke school records of a team that doesn't really throw the ball....

Matt Ryan had nearly more yards last year in college as Croyle did his entire career.

Fruit Ninja
08-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Ok I'm not going to get overly excited that he broke school records of a team that doesn't really throw the ball....

Matt Ryan had nearly more yards last year in college as Croyle did his entire career.

Whos getting excited? he just said he broke school records while playing behind one of the worst olines? What the **** is up with you seriously. Fax had it down to a T Debby Downer like a mother****er.

He's 6"2 they said he's gained about 10 lbs from weightlifting. His size is fine for a NFL quarterback.

FAX
08-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I don't know if Croyle will develop into a franchise-quality quarterback or not. No one does. The fact of the matter is that it will take time to find out one way or the other. In the meantime, to criticize him for things he hasn't yet done makes no sense at all.

On the surface, he has all the physical attributes you look for in an NFL quarterback. I, for one, would like to see him pan out for no other reason, at this point, than to prove all his baseless critics wrong. The good news right now is that the mysterious and inscrutable Chan is helping him develop. If you're a Chiefs fan, that's a net positive the way I see it. You can take all your negativity and a box of tissues with you to the local Crier's Club meeting for all I care. Go Chiefs!

FAX

JuicesFlowing
08-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Well said Fax. I have never understood the "we're doomed" crowd. Complain after the performance, not before it.

The Bad Guy
08-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Jesus not this shit again...

Dude we are so far from a decent team....

Stop your pathetic drivel about the QB and the F*UCKING Preseason GAMES!

Damn Chiefs fans are getting retarded by the minute.. Herm is rubbing off on the fanbase...

Pot. Meet kettle.

You are rubbing off on the fanbase.

Your football takes are so ****ing hilariously laughable. Where's your boy Cedric Benson? I thought he was such a great talent that he would be swept up by now.

God, you are sad.

Tribal Warfare
08-11-2008, 01:12 AM
All I'm saying is people like Croyle because of his arm that to me isn't important unless he has a girl arm, all I need to know is if it's good enough because Brady and Manning don't have rocket arms.

Where have I ever said I like him because of his arm? It's apart of his game but the most important thing is getting the ball to point A to point B, and Brodie Croyle is doing that.

Frankie
08-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't know if Croyle will develop into a franchise-quality quarterback or not. No one does. The fact of the matter is that it will take time to find out one way or the other. In the meantime, to criticize him for things he hasn't yet done makes no sense at all.

On the surface, he has all the physical attributes you look for in an NFL quarterback. I, for one, would like to see him pan out for no other reason, at this point, than to prove all his baseless critics wrong. The good news right now is that the mysterious and inscrutable Chan is helping him develop. If you're a Chiefs fan, that's a net positive the way I see it. You can take all your negativity and a box of tissues with you to the local Crier's Club meeting for all I care. Go Chiefs!

FAX

Good post.

Micjones
08-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Wait until he has his first off day. He'll be a bust again. The fact is he is going to have ups and downs this year, not due to lack of talent but experience. I think he is talented, but wait for all the reactions of calling for him to be cut after his first INT.

I won't be moved by 1 interception, but a string of them will certainly get my attention.

Reerun_KC
08-11-2008, 12:47 PM

FAX

Nice Take!

RustShack
08-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Croyle to the Pro Bowl this year, hes taking Gonzo, Bowe, and LJ with him.

blueballs
08-11-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm seriously re-thinking my no drugs policy
Nancy Reagan wants your balls on a plater