PDA

View Full Version : Football "It's preseason" -- starting to annoy me

Farzin
08-08-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm sure everyone has heard the quote, "It's preseason" and I'm getting very annoyed by it to tell you the truth.

Honestly, leagues would not create preseason games for a random reason. There are reasons we have them. Sure, if your team wins, celebrate. Your team WON. But it's not like you should go rub it in a Patriots fans face that they lost.

I know a lot of people who have said "It's preseason" yet they still watch the games. Just a question to those people: Should we root for our teams to lose? And should we all sign a petition telling the NFL not to telivise preseason games?

I'm not saying that I'd pay money to go watch a preseason game live in person or anything like that. I realize the preseason is for coaches and players to try things out and mainly to evaluate who the 2nd/3rd string players will be. My point is, people still like it since it's football. If you think it's pointless, then don't get involved in the football talk!

Anyone else annoyed by those people?

Fish
08-08-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm annoyed that you're so annoyed at the preseason people.

Farzin
08-08-2008, 11:58 AM
preseason people.

Nice..I might call those people the "preseason people."

sedated
08-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Honestly, leagues would not create preseason games for a random reason.

yeah, the reason isn't random, its to make the owners more money

RJ
08-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Relax, it's only preseason.

HypnotizedMonkey
08-08-2008, 12:08 PM
A team like KC needs all the practice they can get...including all 4 preseason games.

The preseason will get shaken up by the NFL very soon I believe, but it's definately not for sh!t talking because the games don't count, obviously.

I'm more annoyed at the excessive Favre coverage being forced upon me!!

Farzin
08-08-2008, 12:17 PM
A team like KC needs all the practice they can get...including all 4 preseason games.

The preseason will get shaken up by the NFL very soon I believe, but it's definately not for sh!t talking because the games don't count, obviously.

I'm more annoyed at the excessive Favre coverage being forced upon me!!Exactly

Short Leash Hootie
08-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Teams like KC need preseason...teams like Indianapolis and New England...not so much.

Preseason is exciting for us because we get to see our 15 rookies in action...a lot of them being focal points of our team...a lot of teams are probably bored to shit by preseason watching guys who will never see the field once the regular season hits.

Rausch
08-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Relax, it's only preseason.

Ah, the preseason.

It's like the wife getting that pre-birth blast enema. You're so focused on the excitement to come that you don't realize your wife is about to shot-gun-$#it at lightspeed to prevent a later Doc/Poo encounter...at your expense.

whoman69
08-08-2008, 12:29 PM
I can understand the NFL wanting to protect their product and not wanting to see guys go down in games that don't count. Let me ask if more stars will be hurt in two games where the starters play two series or a quarter or in games that count where they play all four quarters? Its all about greed. The fact that they charge full price for exhibition games makes it clear.

rad
08-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Ah, the preseason.

It's like the wife getting that pre-birth blast enema. You're so focused on the excitement to come that you don't realize your wife is about to shot-gun-$#it at lightspeed to prevent a later Doc/Poo encounter...at your expense.

Uhhh, not really, but OK.....

CoMoChief
08-08-2008, 12:31 PM
We need a John Goodman, Midnight Douchebag, Ty Law, Antifreeze, Sasha Kaun, and a Brett Favre thread.

ALL COMBINED INTO ONE GIANT MEGA THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sully
08-08-2008, 12:33 PM
It's not preseason, it's "exhibition!!!!"

Deberg_1990
08-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Preseason is pretty much meaningless for veteran teams.

I honestly think the games could but cut down to 2 or 3 instead of 4

Wins and losses dont mean anything other than some confidence to young players.

Ive seen great teams have bad preseasons, and bad teams have great preseasons.

J Diddy
08-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Ah, the preseason.

wtf?

Rausch
08-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Uhhh, not really, but OK.....

It's the the nasty $#it you have to suffer through to get to the good stuff...:evil:

Buehler445
08-08-2008, 12:36 PM
We need a John Goodman, Midnight Douchebag, Ty Law, Antifreeze, Sasha Kaun, and a Brett Favre thread.

ALL COMBINED INTO ONE GIANT MEGA THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.You forgot poop.

2.I love it that you still hate Sasha Kaun.

Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
08-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Get a room...

Buehler445
08-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Get a room...
?

Posted via Mobile Device

Hog Farmer
08-08-2008, 12:43 PM
This thread is annoying!

Bearcat
08-08-2008, 01:43 PM
That made my head hurt.

The practice is important, the final score isn't... not that complicated. :shrug:

Any analysis past '[player/off/def/st] looked [good/bad]' is probably overkill. Relating the preseason with the regular season is pointless. Watch it to get a glimpse of the young players, and because there hasn't been any football for six freakin' months. Again, not that complicated. :shrug:

Farzin
08-08-2008, 02:03 PM
That made my head hurt.

The practice is important, the final score isn't... not that complicated. :shrug:

Any analysis past '[player/off/def/st] looked [good/bad]' is probably overkill. Relating the preseason with the regular season is pointless. Watch it to get a glimpse of the young players, and because there hasn't been any football for six freakin' months. Again, not that complicated. :shrug:
Arena League football was on a couple weeks ago....

Bearcat
08-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Arena League football was on a couple weeks ago....

That's not real football!
-- Herm

chiefs1111
08-08-2008, 02:41 PM
-- Herm

I guess this mean Herm didn't tune in to watch the Arena Bowl...

Farzin
08-08-2008, 04:04 PM
-- Herm
But Herm attended a Brigade game.

chiefs1111
08-08-2008, 04:06 PM

He probably wanted to see what all the fuss was about....

Bearcat
08-08-2008, 04:09 PM

A lot of people don't think WWF is real wrestling, but they still attend (not me).

Skip Towne
08-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Those "preseason people" are the worst.

Farzin
08-08-2008, 05:02 PM
He probably wanted to see what all the fuss was about....

lol I wasn't being serious when I posted that.

blueballs
08-08-2008, 05:11 PM
it's the pre-cum of masturbation

JuicesFlowing
08-08-2008, 06:24 PM
I used to hate preseason ... this year I enjoy it more than ever ... it took me a long time to appreciate what preseason is for. I still wouldn't pay to go to a preseason game though.

KcMizzou
08-08-2008, 06:26 PM
I used to hate preseason ... this year I enjoy it more than ever ... it took me a long time to appreciate what preseason is for. I still wouldn't pay to go to a preseason game though.I think preseaon sucks when you have high expectations for your team. That's when you just want to get on with it.

When you're a fan of a rebuilding team though (particularly one with 11 draft picks playing) it becomes much, much more interesting.

Deberg_1990
08-08-2008, 06:36 PM
I think preseaon sucks when you have high expectations for your team. That's when you just want to get on with it.

When you're a fan of a rebuilding team though (particularly one with 11 draft picks playing) it becomes much, much more interesting.

Very true. I mean, how many open positions does a team like New England or Indy have? Not many.

You really think guys like Brady, Moss, Manning, etc, need preseason?? The Vets only care about staying healthy and playing as little as possible.

chiefs1111
08-08-2008, 06:48 PM
I think preseaon sucks when you have high expectations for your team. That's when you just want to get on with it.

Yeah,i think this is the first time Ive been "excited" to watch preseason. Just wanting to see all the young guys and how they play.