PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Anybody else having trouble with hope?

Direckshun
08-08-2008, 05:17 PM
As a Chiefs fan, I have grown to exclude hope from the range of emotions that I experience on a day-to-day basis when it comes to enjoying my hobbies.

Really, I've been so good at being a Chiefs fan that I now only experience six emotions anymore (from positive to negative):

1. Vacillating.
2. Capricious.
3. Resigned.
4. Surly.
5. Morose.
6. Mother****ing rabid.

But that game yesterday... I don't know, man. I'm experiencing this new sensation that I haven't felt since graduating from puberty. It's like there's a whole 'nother realm of living that I had not appreciated before. Like a universe expanding before me, slipping me into the monolith and becoming the Star Child in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I don't know what exactly this "hope" thing is all about, but I can't keep down my food. I've been on the toilet half the day today. I've also noticed that my teeth show a little bit when I smile.

So I'm smiling now?!? I don't get it. I think this team is trying to trick me with all this hope.

Count Alex's Losses
08-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Devard Darling still sucks, though. The Chiefs may win the Super Bowl, but in Direckshun's feeble little mind, Devard Darling will ALWAYS be crap.

Direckshun
08-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Devard Darling still sucks, though. The Chiefs may win the Super Bowl, but in Direckshun's feeble little mind, Devard Darling will ALWAYS be crap.
Oh thank god. Belittling sarcasm.

How I've missed thee in my newfound optimism.

RustShack
Darling is the break out player of the year!

Baby Lee
You want a sickening feeling, my mind thinks 'Brodie' and my minds eye increasingly sees 'Eli.'
Undersized, cannon arm, injury and mistake prone, eventually got it figured out and won a SB.
Doesn't help that he has a honker like that other 'Bama QB.

Micjones
08-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm always hopeful. The kid in me always has renewed faith this time a year for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Bowser
08-08-2008, 05:30 PM
As a Chiefs fan, I have grown to exclude hope from the range of emotions that I experience on a day-to-day basis when it comes to enjoying my hobbies.

Really, I've been so good at being a Chiefs fan that I now only experience six emotions anymore (from positive to negative):

1. Vacillating.
2. Capricious.
3. Resigned.
4. Surly.
5. Morose.
6. Mother****ing rabid.

But that game yesterday... I don't know, man. I'm experiencing this new sensation that I haven't felt since graduating from puberty. It's like there's a whole 'nother realm of living that I had not appreciated before. Like a universe expanding before me, slipping me into the monolith and becoming the Star Child in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I don't know what exactly this "hope" thing is all about, but I can't keep down my food. I've been on the toilet half the day today. I've also noticed that my teeth show a little bit when I smile.

So I'm smiling now?!? I don't get it. I think this team is trying to trick me with all this hope.

Look no further than the sentence above your avatar. You're welcome.

dorseybowe
08-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Sounds like a personal problem.

KCrockaholic
08-08-2008, 05:34 PM
great white hope of the year: Brad Cottam...NO...Direckshun

blueballs
08-08-2008, 06:15 PM
The season ticket surge is working

kstater
08-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm always have hope for the Chiefs. In August at least.

chiefs1111
08-08-2008, 07:38 PM
You just got to believe!

chiefs1111
08-08-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm always have hope for the Chiefs. In August at least.

lol,how long does it last????

L.A. Chieffan
08-08-2008, 07:40 PM
You're just high on crack. It has nothing to do with the Chiefs

KcMizzou
08-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Hope for this season? Nah.. not really..

Hope for the next next few years? Absolutely.

I'm alright with that. These things take time. At least they're finally doing it right, IMO.

JuicesFlowing
08-08-2008, 08:23 PM
At the beginning of every single Chiefs game I have hope. That goes for the beginning of each Chiefs season as well. Now, wether or not that hope gets crushed into the abyss is another story ... but I always have hope.

Bill Parcells
08-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Yes, I am a brother in arms. sometimes it feels hopeless. at least you're a young kid, try being an old ****er like me. it's been a long miserable drought. :(