PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Ok online dynasty...who wants in...

Mecca
08-10-2008, 10:16 PM
I figure anyone who wants in can give me their tag/team and I'll get it down and send the invites when I start it..

Many teams rosters have been updated, all of the BCS conferences are done save the Big East and Big 12 but they are nearly finished it should be up and running by the end of the month.

This is going to be a sim dynasty on heisman difficult with sliders used to balance out things in the game so the computer will be a worthy opponent. And we will likely be playing 8 minute quarters.

Mecca
08-11-2008, 02:11 AM
I'd like to use 2 house rules...

1. When returning a punt you must always pick punt return and not punt block. This will allow the cpu to put the gunners on the outside and not bring them in to block.

2. When returning a kickoff or punt always use the returner before the snap and dont use the other players to throw blocks. This will make it harder to get returns.

That way we don't see anyone with 30 return TD's in a year, especially if someone is using Missouri.

Lzen
08-11-2008, 07:40 AM
I am surprised you didn't mention rolling out, user catching with DBs or WRs, and no huddle offense.

I would join your dynasty but, I do run the no huddle offense here and there throughout games. It's part of my strategy, just like the real Jayhawks. Sometimes I start the game in no huddle. Sometimes I don't.

I'm not one who rolls to the sideline much at all, though.

I do sometimes catch the ball manually. I do that because the CPU controlled players are really stupid sometimes and I don't like to just sit there and watch a pass go right past my defenders into a receiver.

I mainly do the manual catch with the defensive players, but occasionally I will try with an offensive player. Same deal. Sometimes they don't try to go up and fight the DB for it. It's hard to just sit back and watch that crap. And I know Mangino coached players would never do anything half ass like that.

The other 2 rules concerning special teams I can live with. Yes, I do punt block sometimes. But I have also gotten burned on that a few times by the CPU doing a punt fake. So, it is always a gamble. But I can just select return every time. That's no big deal. As for the KRs, I don't ever block on that so that would not be a problem.

KCChiefsMan
08-11-2008, 01:27 PM
ya I'm up for it. I can definately get 1 game in per day, but not until the evenings if that's ok. Since 2 of the 3 OD's I was in are dead now I'd like to get into another one.

beach tribe
08-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I wanted in, but that sounds like WAY too much BS.

8 min qrters? No thanks.

Mecca
08-11-2008, 03:42 PM
In 5 minute quarters people will pass every play and you'll finish with rushing stats like 10 carries for 40 yards.

beach tribe
08-11-2008, 04:46 PM
In 5 minute quarters people will pass every play and you'll finish with rushing stats like 10 carries for 40 yards.

I don't pass the ball that much, and 8 min quarters, are going to inflate, all kinds of stats, in turn, throwing off all of the "realism" you're trying to achieve.

Mecca
08-11-2008, 05:00 PM
I don't pass the ball that much, and 8 min quarters, are going to inflate, all kinds of stats, in turn, throwing off all of the "realism" you're trying to achieve.

Nah I want realistic stats where you can run it 30 times and still pass 20 times. You should get 50 plays in a game every team in real life does.

J Diddy
08-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Nah I want realistic stats where you can run it 30 times and still pass 20 times. You should get 50 plays in a game every team in real life does.

in short you want every one to play just like you do

Mecca
08-11-2008, 05:17 PM
in short you want every one to play just like you do

Uh no if you wanna run 40 times or pass 40 times go ahead...but you should run 50-60 plays in a game every team does.

8 minutes is a pretty consensus time on game forums about what is the best realistic time.

Bearcat
08-11-2008, 06:36 PM

I've played with 7 minute quarters for years and I wouldn't think less would be more realistic. :shrug:

I've played using 5 minute quarters with friends, and by the time we've both gotten the ball once, the first quarter is over. The couple extra minutes really help, IMO.

Bearcat
08-11-2008, 06:43 PM
As far as the dynasty, I should be able to join... I'll let you know in the next week or two.

beach tribe
08-11-2008, 07:08 PM
8 min qtrs are gonna have scores of 80 to 60 on the regular.

Mecca
08-11-2008, 07:36 PM
8 min qtrs are gonna have scores of 80 to 60 on the regular.

It's going to be on Heisman difficulty with sliders implemented that make the game much different and more realistic...

beach tribe
08-11-2008, 09:35 PM
I've played on Heisman.

The game is geared offensively. You may have a harder time stopping them from scoring, but unless, your QB throws errant passes, which mine does A LOT, they are not going to be able to slow down most offenses.

Mecca
08-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I've played on Heisman.

The game is geared offensively. You may have a harder time stopping them from scoring, but unless, your QB throws errant passes, which mine does A LOT, they are not going to be able to slow down most offenses.

The slider set I've been using makes defense much more impressive in the game.

beach tribe
08-12-2008, 10:02 AM
The slider set I've been using makes defense much more impressive in the game.

Yeah, I know. Sometimes the defender will be out of position, but will all of a sudden have a rocket up his ass.