PDA

View Full Version : Computers WTF,no sound on videos posted here?

Nzoner
08-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Can't get sound on any videos posted on CP but having no problem with using YouTube directly.Any ideas,and yes I've rebooted and still nothing.

QuikSsurfer
08-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Make sure that the volume is up and not muted on the embedded video itself.

Not trying to dumb you down but this is something so obvious and easy to overlook.

Nzoner
08-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Make sure that the volume is up and not muted on the embedded video itself.

Not trying to dumb you down but this is something so obvious and easy to overlook.

Nope volume controls are fine,even did a check at another board I visit and no problems there either.The videos here are now getting started and just stop.They finish loading but won't play.

Bowser
08-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Nope volume controls are fine,even did a check at another board I visit and no problems there either.The videos here are now getting started and just stop.They finish loading but won't play.

DaFace said last week that he was tinkering with the embeding system so as to stop trolls from posting teh pr0n.

Nzoner
08-11-2008, 02:11 PM
DaFace said last week that he was tinkering with the embeding system so as to stop trolls from posting teh pr0n.

Yeah I saw that,and guess what they're now working,weird.

Nzoner
08-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah I saw that,and guess what they're now working,weird.

And not working again :mad:

Valiant
08-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Or just have it where you have to have 100+ posts to post a video??? Because if somebody is spaming the board we will know before hand what is going to happen..

DaFace
08-11-2008, 08:01 PM

Nothing I did should have any effect on sound. The only thing that's changed is that n00bs can't post vids period.

Random video to test:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9CVmlK-bkK0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9CVmlK-bkK0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dunno...sound works fine for me. :shrug:

Maybe clear cache/cookies and that type of thing?

Or just have it where you have to have 100+ posts to post a video??? Because if somebody is spaming the board we will know before hand what is going to happen..

That's more or less what I did.