PDA

View Full Version : Video Games NCAA 09 online dynasty started by HC Chief

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

J Diddy
03-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Hey Diddy, been busy last couple days, I would love to get this game in tonight. How bout it?

Please don't advance until we've played this game. It is a big one, thanks.

What time you wanna get it?

J Diddy
03-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Not sure when Diddy will feel up to it. Guess we will have to wait and see. He's got bigger problems at the moment.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5575368#post5575368

I can play it tonight, this way if the weas. beats me I can claim I was sick.

beach tribe
03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
What time you wanna get it?

How about 7:00 et, although I would like to do it sooner, I figured you probably wouldn't be able to. I'm ready anytime though. let me know. I'm ready right now.

J Diddy
03-12-2009, 05:42 PM
How about 7:00 et, although I would like to do it sooner, I figured you probably wouldn't be able to. I'm ready anytime though. let me know. I'm ready right now.

I really hope that de of yours goes pro after this year.

beach tribe
03-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I really hope that de of yours goes pro after this year.

He is just nasty. I think he has like 16 sacks this season. Maybe More. Good game bro. That DE was the difference in the game. You'll get another shot in the SEC ship.

The week is ready to advance.

Mecca
03-12-2009, 05:45 PM
You have a superspeed DE? and he's over RT right?

beach tribe
03-12-2009, 05:47 PM
You have a superspeed DE? and he's over RT right?

Actually his speed is only 82. He's just strong as hell, and I got lucky on some jump snaps, at key moments in the game.

Mecca
03-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Actually his speed is only 82. He's just strong as hell, and I got lucky on some jump snaps, at key moments in the game.

82 that's interesting...usually on that game being strong means about as much as shitting in your hand. The blocking mechanic basically sucks guys in so unless your guy is fast enough to beat the OT on the first step you aren't gonna beat him, and if you can jump the snap you do have an advantage for sure.

On that game if you can build the fastest defense you'll be a bitch and a half to play regardless of what people say about the game being geared to offense.

beach tribe
03-12-2009, 05:56 PM
82 that's interesting...usually on that game being strong means about as much as shitting in your hand. The blocking mechanic basically sucks guys in so unless your guy is fast enough to beat the OT on the first step you aren't gonna beat him, and if you can jump the snap you do have an advantage for sure.

On that game if you can build the fastest defense you'll be a bitch and a half to play regardless of what people say about the game being geared to offense.

From what I can tell, Strength seems to help, when you don't jump snap, but you get a good jump, cut back into the lineman, and do a spin. You are going to hit the Lineman regaurdless, but the really strong guys seem to dislodge from the blocker, and give you chances, at sacks, when the QB doesn't get rid of the ball at the end of his drop.

J Diddy
03-12-2009, 07:44 PM
From what I can tell, Strength seems to help, when you don't jump snap, but you get a good jump, cut back into the lineman, and do a spin. You are going to hit the Lineman regaurdless, but the really strong guys seem to dislodge from the blocker, and give you chances, at sacks, when the QB doesn't get rid of the ball at the end of his drop.

I don't know what the hell you're doing but it works for you. I tried two screens and both times I get sacked, the final play of the game(that was how a game should be won) when you sacked me.

The only problem I've got with these guys is they're not very fast at all. I left PSU last season and moved over to alabama. It's a process in motion that's for sure.

beach tribe
03-12-2009, 08:06 PM
I don't know what the hell you're doing but it works for you. I tried two screens and both times I get sacked, the final play of the game(that was how a game should be won) when you sacked me.

The only problem I've got with these guys is they're not very fast at all. I left PSU last season and moved over to alabama. It's a process in motion that's for sure.

It was definitely a good game. It had it all, Long bombs, Kick returns, Key INTs, fumble recovery for TD, and decided on the final play.

Mecca
03-13-2009, 05:15 AM

Alabama is one of the best states to recruit on that game so you should be really good in a few years...that state plus Florida and Georgia should really crank up your team that was my North Carolina strategy plus I put Texas in the mix but that was just a bonus.

beach tribe
03-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Alabama is one of the best states to recruit on that game so you should be really good in a few years...that state plus Florida and Georgia should really crank up your team that was my North Carolina strategy plus I put Texas in the mix but that was just a bonus.

Recruiting is just down right easy for TN on this game.

KcGopher
03-19-2009, 10:16 AM
fyi

March 18, 2009 - EA Sports announced today that NCAA Football 10 launch on July 14 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2 and PSP. The release touts "new online modes" that "push the bar on innovation."

It also mentions Season Showdown, a new mode that allows players to pick a favorite school and show their support in a "nationwide competition." Credits will be earned in-game, as well as in "web-based games" that can then be spent in Season Showdown to show support. Your guess is as good as ours as to what that actually means.

Each week ncaafootball10.com will post blogs, news, features, and videos that will lead up to the eventual launch of NCAA Football 10 on July 14. Just as last season, different athletes will be featured on every cover of the game.

Other, smaller features of NCAA Football 10 include field goal nets, flags waving in the wind, and camera flashes in the crowd during pivotal moments.

Watch for NCAA Football 10 to hit store shelves in Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2 and PSP flavors on July 14.

Lzen
03-19-2009, 12:30 PM
fyi

March 18, 2009 - EA Sports announced today that NCAA Football 10 launch on July 14 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2 and PSP. The release touts "new online modes" that "push the bar on innovation."

Interesting.

It also mentions Season Showdown, a new mode that allows players to pick a favorite school and show their support in a "nationwide competition." Credits will be earned in-game, as well as in "web-based games" that can then be spent in Season Showdown to show support. Your guess is as good as ours as to what that actually means.

Fluff. Doesn't sound like something about which I will give a rat's ass.

Each week ncaafootball10.com will post blogs, news, features, and videos that will lead up to the eventual launch of NCAA Football 10 on July 14. Just as last season, different athletes will be featured on every cover of the game.

Other, smaller features of NCAA Football 10 include field goal nets, flags waving in the wind, and camera flashes in the crowd during pivotal moments.

Watch for NCAA Football 10 to hit store shelves in Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2 and PSP flavors on July 14.

I really wish they would concentrate more on fixing issues and making the gameplay better. That should be priority #1. I love the online dynasty aspect. That was innovation. But everything else is gravy. It's nice but it doesn't mean jack if the gameplay is subpar.

Lzen
03-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Oh, and the offseason glitches need to be fixed.

KcGopher
03-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Oh, and the offseason glitches need to be fixed.

that would be nice. i'm tired of losing all my players to the NFL. :cuss:

Mecca
03-19-2009, 08:48 PM
What are you wanting them to blog about? From what a developer said on another forum all the online dynasty glitches were fixed but they aren't going to release a blog about it because frankly that isn't a selling point.

Just like you'll never get a game that plays fully realistically because they're trying to sell a game to more than just the hardcore sim crowd.

The game is set to favor offense because that's more "fun" for casual gamers. When you make a game defensive based people just get pissed off and throw controllers.

Mecca
03-19-2009, 08:49 PM
that would be nice. i'm tired of losing all my players to the NFL. :cuss:

There's a way around that glitch if it's really important to everyone in the dynasty...

Lzen
03-19-2009, 11:10 PM
There's a way around that glitch if it's really important to everyone in the dynasty...

I don't want everyone to retire and I invite them back after I get past that part. That is too much hassle and records will be reset.

Mecca
03-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Here's a big update on everything that has been posted pertaining to next years game...

Release Date: July 14

Official Site: NCAA 10

Platforms(Confirmed): Xbox 360, PS2, PS2, and PSP

Confirmed additions

- Procedural Awareness - Cosmetically, a system that ensures that each player can realistically follow the ball, using the eyes, head, neck, and shoulders in a realistic manor.

- Layered Blending - the blog talked about how it pertains to the QB position, but it's likely to help out other areas as well. this tech will help out in the animation department, allowing animations to "blend" better. the new QB ratings from this blog will not be in NCAA 10.

- WR/DB Interactions - bunch of updates with WR/DBs. improvement to route running, Jostling, Press releases, and Procedural Awareness. the Defensive Assignments/Matchups feature from this blog will not be in NCAA 10.

- QB Auto-Throw(Coach Mode) - pretty self explanatory, this gives the Human team QB the ability to let the CPU throw the ball for him. there will be an on/off switch and it is off by default. this will help users that enjoy "coach mode" where they call the plays and let the CPU run the plays. this feature also works Online.

- Camera Flashes, Field Goal Nets, Wind Socks, and Swappable Bowl Endzones - added camera flashes, field goal nets, and wind sock to the stadiums. the bigger the game the more camera flashes there will be. also with new tech that has been added, the ability to have team specific end zones for bowl games/championship games.

- Super Sim Updates
- ESPN Article About the Super Sim Updates - the Super Sim results are now display on the field directly(see pictures below), CPU clock management has been improved, and a new "skip play" feature added to Campus Legend.

- Custom Conferences
- ESPN Article About Custom Conferences - now you have the ability to swap any team from one conference with any team in another conference.

- Season Showdown - "In this new mode, every game counts as fans declare their loyalty to a favorite school and give the ultimate show of support in a nationwide competition. All college football fans will have an opportunity to participate in Season Showdown, as credits not only accumulate in-game but players can also earn credits for their school via new web-based games. Millions of college football fans around the country will be on a mission to prove their school is number one with NCAA Football 10’s Season Showdown." *Added 3/18*

- Gamplay Camera Changes - Changes to gameplay camera. now all WRs will be on-screen as much as possible, WR icons will disappear if the further back you drop, and camera during kickoffs have been tweaks to get a better veiw of the ball. this new tech will imable them to do something that has been requested numerous time by the community, however, they wont release that info till a later date. *Added 3/19*

Officially Announced Madden features not currently confirmed to be in NCAA 10 yet

- Creating 'Sim-Style' Gameplay - changes in animation speeds, QB drop back, and throwing speeds. unclear if everything in the blog will be in NCAA 10 right now though.

- Player Momentum - Blog talking about how turning rates have been tweaked to make it more realistic to give a more "weighted" feel to the game.

Playbook changes/updates

- Flexbone Playbook and Shotgun Run Plays - no detailed info has been released, just that we should expect a big update for them.

- Florida Playbook updates - "We have the Florida/OU Shotgun Counter working and we also have the Tim Tebow Rocker Step play in. It's the play he steps forward and then steps back to throw."

Rumors/Speculations (or other info that has not been confirmed either way)

- Possible new "big" feature/update being added to Campus Legend. Also some changes/upgrades to the camera angles for CL mode is likely.

- Possible new "big" feature/update being added to Online Dynasty.

- Progressive Lighting may be back after taking a year off. This is based on the Ohio State screenshots(above), as it seems the 2 photos were taken during the same game, but one is later in the game and the shadows have seemed to have move.

- Rosters will not see an increase in total amount of players(from 70 players per team)

- the way the Overall Rating for the players is calculated will most likely be changed/updated.

- possible changes to how teams are ranked in dynasty mode(BCS/Polls).

- Possible changes to the way the ratings are affected when you change someone's position.

- more Alternate uniforms will in the game(obviously), it's possible that we'll see a daily Alt uniform news(pic) just like they did for '09.

- possible that we will see Create-a-school in NCAA 10.

Things Confirmed to not be in NCAA 10

- In-Game Saves

- updating logos - NCAA '10 will not have updated conference field logos if you move from one conference to another.

There are also alot of screen shots if anyone is interested in seeing them but I'm not posting them unless asked.

Lzen
03-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Wow, that is a lot of good info. Looks promising. Thanks, Mecca.

Mecca
03-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Yea I'll have to pretend I suck to get anyone to play with me....

That thing about the icons going away if you drop deep should challenge cheesers..although I saw the funniest cheese shit ever the other day. This guy was playing LB's as Dlineman safeties as linebackers and CB's at safeties and just lined up in Quarter the whole game...it was so lame.

Lzen
03-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Yea I'll have to pretend I suck to get anyone to play with me....

That thing about the icons going away if you drop deep should challenge cheesers..although I saw the funniest cheese shit ever the other day. This guy was playing LB's as Dlineman safeties as linebackers and CB's at safeties and just lined up in Quarter the whole game...it was so lame.

I got a game in one of my dynasties against a guy who uses Oklahoma. His QB has 99 speed. THP and THA aren't the greatest (70 something and low 80 something), but I know what wants to do. I plan to use outside blitzes a lot. :)

Mecca
03-20-2009, 09:28 AM
If you ever want an offline challenge I can give you the sliders I play on, they'll make playing a human seem like a breeze.

beach tribe
03-21-2009, 04:02 AM
Here's a big update on everything that has been posted pertaining to next years game...

Release Date: July 14

Official Site: NCAA 10

Platforms(Confirmed): Xbox 360, PS2, PS2, and PSP

Confirmed additions

- Procedural Awareness - Cosmetically, a system that ensures that each player can realistically follow the ball, using the eyes, head, neck, and shoulders in a realistic manor.

- Layered Blending - the blog talked about how it pertains to the QB position, but it's likely to help out other areas as well. this tech will help out in the animation department, allowing animations to "blend" better. the new QB ratings from this blog will not be in NCAA 10.

- WR/DB Interactions - bunch of updates with WR/DBs. improvement to route running, Jostling, Press releases, and Procedural Awareness. the Defensive Assignments/Matchups feature from this blog will not be in NCAA 10.

- QB Auto-Throw(Coach Mode) - pretty self explanatory, this gives the Human team QB the ability to let the CPU throw the ball for him. there will be an on/off switch and it is off by default. this will help users that enjoy "coach mode" where they call the plays and let the CPU run the plays. this feature also works Online.

- Camera Flashes, Field Goal Nets, Wind Socks, and Swappable Bowl Endzones - added camera flashes, field goal nets, and wind sock to the stadiums. the bigger the game the more camera flashes there will be. also with new tech that has been added, the ability to have team specific end zones for bowl games/championship games.

- Super Sim Updates
- ESPN Article About the Super Sim Updates - the Super Sim results are now display on the field directly(see pictures below), CPU clock management has been improved, and a new "skip play" feature added to Campus Legend.

- Custom Conferences
- ESPN Article About Custom Conferences - now you have the ability to swap any team from one conference with any team in another conference.

- Season Showdown - "In this new mode, every game counts as fans declare their loyalty to a favorite school and give the ultimate show of support in a nationwide competition. All college football fans will have an opportunity to participate in Season Showdown, as credits not only accumulate in-game but players can also earn credits for their school via new web-based games. Millions of college football fans around the country will be on a mission to prove their school is number one with NCAA Football 10ís Season Showdown." *Added 3/18*

- Gamplay Camera Changes - Changes to gameplay camera. now all WRs will be on-screen as much as possible, WR icons will disappear if the further back you drop, and camera during kickoffs have been tweaks to get a better veiw of the ball. this new tech will imable them to do something that has been requested numerous time by the community, however, they wont release that info till a later date. *Added 3/19*

Officially Announced Madden features not currently confirmed to be in NCAA 10 yet

- Creating 'Sim-Style' Gameplay - changes in animation speeds, QB drop back, and throwing speeds. unclear if everything in the blog will be in NCAA 10 right now though.

- Player Momentum - Blog talking about how turning rates have been tweaked to make it more realistic to give a more "weighted" feel to the game.

Playbook changes/updates

- Flexbone Playbook and Shotgun Run Plays - no detailed info has been released, just that we should expect a big update for them.

- Florida Playbook updates - "We have the Florida/OU Shotgun Counter working and we also have the Tim Tebow Rocker Step play in. It's the play he steps forward and then steps back to throw."

Rumors/Speculations (or other info that has not been confirmed either way)

- Possible new "big" feature/update being added to Campus Legend. Also some changes/upgrades to the camera angles for CL mode is likely.

- Possible new "big" feature/update being added to Online Dynasty.

- Progressive Lighting may be back after taking a year off. This is based on the Ohio State screenshots(above), as it seems the 2 photos were taken during the same game, but one is later in the game and the shadows have seemed to have move.

- Rosters will not see an increase in total amount of players(from 70 players per team)

- the way the Overall Rating for the players is calculated will most likely be changed/updated.

- possible changes to how teams are ranked in dynasty mode(BCS/Polls).

- Possible changes to the way the ratings are affected when you change someone's position.

- more Alternate uniforms will in the game(obviously), it's possible that we'll see a daily Alt uniform news(pic) just like they did for '09.

- possible that we will see Create-a-school in NCAA 10.

Things Confirmed to not be in NCAA 10

- In-Game Saves

- updating logos - NCAA '10 will not have updated conference field logos if you move from one conference to another.

There are also alot of screen shots if anyone is interested in seeing them but I'm not posting them unless asked.
If this game is like Madden 09 I will lose my fuqing mind.

KcGopher
03-21-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't want everyone to retire and I invite them back after I get past that part. That is too much hassle and records will be reset.

108 points!!! :D

beach tribe
03-21-2009, 05:35 PM
If I go undefeated, and don't get to play for the ship, it's going to seriously strengthen my hatred for the BcS. I've played more top 25 teams than anyone. I seriously think the only reason I'm not at least ranked 3 right now is because of the close game against Diddy. Either Texas or Kansas is going to fall though because of their conference championship game. How the hell USC is ranked above me, I will never understand. I have annihilated the competition.

Mecca
03-21-2009, 05:41 PM
108 points!!! :D

If you scored that many points you should be playing on a harder level man.

KcGopher
03-22-2009, 08:29 AM
If you scored that many points you should be playing on a harder level man.

i was so much faster than the other team it wasn't funny. and on defense i had four or five pick-6's. my avg in that league is 55 ppg. the old record was held by KU (104).

beach tribe
03-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Diddy, my CPU took a shit, so you'll have to let me know when you're ready to play our game through the 360 IM.

Lzen
03-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Your CPU? You mean your PC?

Lzen
03-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Hey Gopher, we need to get together and play the conference championship game. Sry, I haven't been on as much lately. I have been spending a lot of time playing basketball and last night I was at softball practice. And when I get home, I am usually drained and don't feel much like doing anything. :) Could have done it the other night (saw you were online) but I was playing a game against a human in another league. Might be on tonight sometime. I'll look for you.

J Diddy
03-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Diddy, my CPU took a shit, so you'll have to let me know when you're ready to play our game through the 360 IM.

Ok, I'll post this later on the IM if you can't read this. I've got an eeg scheduled for 12;30 which I'm required to get no sleep for and then a mri at 2:30
I probably won't be up for anything until 8.

KcGopher
03-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Hey Gopher, we need to get together and play the conference championship game. Sry, I haven't been on as much lately. I have been spending a lot of time playing basketball and last night I was at softball practice. And when I get home, I am usually drained and don't feel much like doing anything. :) Could have done it the other night (saw you were online) but I was playing a game against a human in another league. Might be on tonight sometime. I'll look for you.

i'm sure i'll be online tonight. the wife and i have a movie to watch but after that i'm free.

Lzen
03-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Not sure why, but the game did not give Tennessee a bid to the BCS title game. Instead, it picked UCLA. I thought the SEC is better than the PAC-10. Plus, Tenn. had a top notch schedule. I had hoped it would be human vs human for the championship. That would be fun and exciting. Maybe next year. I'll do my best to try and expose UCLA for you. :D

J Diddy
03-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Not sure why, but the game did not give Tennessee a bid to the BCS title game. Instead, it picked UCLA. I thought the SEC is better than the PAC-10. Plus, Tenn. had a top notch schedule. I had hoped it would be human vs human for the championship. That would be fun and exciting. Maybe next year. I'll do my best to try and expose UCLA for you. :D

I feel bad. After the game was won I should have let him run up some more points. That being said he beat me pretty soundly.

Lzen
03-30-2009, 10:04 AM
You gonna get your bowl game in, beach tribe?

BTW, I sent this via XBL but I will also post it here. I am taking a little vacation down to Florida and will be gone from Thursday through Tuesday. Just FYI. Obviously, the dynasty won't be advanced during that period.

J Diddy
03-30-2009, 10:31 AM
You gonna get your bowl game in, beach tribe?

BTW, I sent this via XBL but I will also post it here. I am taking a little vacation down to Florida and will be gone from Thursday through Tuesday. Just FYI. Obviously, the dynasty won't be advanced during that period.

I hope while you're down there sipping your cutesy drinks with the little umbrellas in it that you sip one so fast and it's so cold that it gives you an ice cream headache. That'll teach you.

:D

Lzen
03-30-2009, 10:57 PM
I hope while you're down there sipping your cutesy drinks with the little umbrellas in it that you sip one so fast and it's so cold that it gives you an ice cream headache. That'll teach you.

Cutesy drink? Lol. I will be drinking either beer or bourbon/whiskey and soda.

beach tribe
03-31-2009, 07:50 AM
I just got on last night, and was too fucking pissed to play the game. There is absolutely no way in hell UC fuqing LA should be in front of me. Fuck the BcS.
I beat some teams by 60 points, played top 25 teams 6 times I believe, and UCLA played 1, count 'em 1 damn game against a top 25 team.

Total hose job. Just disgusting. I'll play the damn thing tonight.

What's fuqed up too, is I'm losing some killer guys. My team is actually going to be better on paper next season, but I had some special difference makers that I'm not gonna have next year. But I will have plenty of motivation.

Lzen
03-31-2009, 08:14 PM
I just got on last night, and was too fucking pissed to play the game. There is absolutely no way in hell UC fuqing LA should be in front of me. Fuck the BcS.
I beat some teams by 60 points, played top 25 teams 6 times I believe, and UCLA played 1, count 'em 1 damn game against a top 25 team.

Total hose job. Just disgusting. I'll play the damn thing tonight.

What's fuqed up too, is I'm losing some killer guys. My team is actually going to be better on paper next season, but I had some special difference makers that I'm not gonna have next year. But I will have plenty of motivation.

I don't blame you for being pissed. Obviously, EA's BCS formula is fucked.

In the other dynasty that Diddy, and Gopher and I play in, I got screwed in a similar manner one season. Get this. I had one loss, I think. But the two teams in the title game were Ohio State (okay, that's fair) and UTEP. Yeah, that's right. The University of Texas El Paso. WTF? Yeah, they were undefeated but so what. They did not play one single team that whole season that had a winning record. Not one.

Mecca
03-31-2009, 08:17 PM
On that game you should put Boise, BYU, Utep whichever one is consistently ranked on user schedules because if they go undefeated they'll play for the title....

Hell in an offline one I did Boise got to the point where they were signing 5 star players.

Lzen
03-31-2009, 08:22 PM
On that game you should put Boise, BYU, Utep whichever one is consistently ranked on user schedules because if they go undefeated they'll play for the title....

Hell in an offline one I did Boise got to the point where they were signing 5 star players.

Yeah, that next season I put UTEP on all the user's schedules. Needless to say, they didn't fare nearly as well as the previous year. :D

beach tribe
04-01-2009, 10:57 AM
I gotta leave town for a couple days. Just sim me till I get back. Yes the bowl game too. I'll be back soon. Goin to Mobile AL. Yee Haw.

Lzen
04-01-2009, 11:34 AM
I gotta leave town for a couple days. Just sim me till I get back. Yes the bowl game too. I'll be back soon. Goin to Mobile AL. Yee Haw.

Ok, here is what I'm going to do. I will sim your bowl game so that I can play mine. Then, I will sim to the off season recruiting (no point in everyone doing players leaving due to the glitch). Everyone can do that first week of off season recruiting and I will advance when I get back from Florida next Tuesday night.

KcGopher
04-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah, that next season I put UTEP on all the user's schedules. Needless to say, they didn't fare nearly as well as the previous year. :D

oh yes, f-ing UTEP. :cuss:

KcGopher
04-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Ok, here is what I'm going to do. I will sim your bowl game so that I can play mine. Then, I will sim to the off season recruiting (no point in everyone doing players leaving due to the glitch). Everyone can do that first week of off season recruiting and I will advance when I get back from Florida next Tuesday night.

MU vs. KU - are you going to play that before you leave? or will i be forced to wait until you get back? don't be scared by box scores. they mean nothing. e.g. in back to back weeks i won 91-0 and 101-0. it helps pad the score when i score so many Defensive and Special Teams Touchdowns.

Lzen
04-01-2009, 01:33 PM
MU vs. KU - are you going to play that before you leave? or will i be forced to wait until you get back? don't be scared by box scores. they mean nothing. e.g. in back to back weeks i won 91-0 and 101-0. it helps pad the score when i score so many Defensive and Special Teams Touchdowns.

Lol, don't be scared? ROFL You're starting to be Mecca.

j/k

Ummm....I will advance tonight (assuming everyone has played their games and recruited) and if I have time, I will try to hook up for the game with you. But I might have a game to play in another dynasty.

Lzen
04-01-2009, 05:47 PM
UCLA was a joke. I really wish it had been Tennessee. UCLA team was rated around upper 70s to 80. How did they go undefeated? I was up 21-0 before UCLA got their initial first down.

Final score:

Kansas 70
UCLA 0

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Well in fairness everyone is a joke on all american, I restarted offline Heisman super duper sliders in effect with a average team ranked about 80 overall, I'm getting scores like 27-17, 34-10 and so forth.

Lzen
04-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Well, I'm still in Florida but will be flying home tonight. Just kind of veggin' out today. (Note: Key West is not really a beach destination as I originally thought - more of Mardi Gras type atmosphere.....mucho fun).

I hope everyone is caught up and ready to move on. I will be advancing tonight or tomorrow. Just a couple of thoughts on the dynasty:

* I think we need to up the settings. Heisman level? I don't know. Perhaps we should do that. I play on Heisman in a couple other dynasties and it has its good side and bad side. We need more of a challenge against CPU teams (that would be the good side). However....
- Sometimes the QB will just throw the ball way off target which often times leads to a INT and/or return TD. This happens many times when the QB is not moving and not really under a lot of pressure (if any at all).
- The human defense is clueless at times.
- The human defense doesn't tackle while the CPU defense tackles everything fairly easily.
- And it is darn near impossible to get pressure on the CPU QB.

We could try to adjust individual AI settings to address these issues on Heisman. Or, we could just adjust AI settings on All American to help the CPU become more of a challenge.

What say you guys?

J Diddy
04-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Well, I'm still in Florida but will be flying home tonight. Just kind of veggin' out today. (Note: Key West is not really a beach destination as I originally thought - more of Mardi Gras type atmosphere.....mucho fun).

I hope everyone is caught up and ready to move on. I will be advancing tonight or tomorrow. Just a couple of thoughts on the dynasty:

* I think we need to up the settings. Heisman level? I don't know. Perhaps we should do that. I play on Heisman in a couple other dynasties and it has its good side and bad side. We need more of a challenge against CPU teams (that would be the good side). However....sometimes the QB will just throw the ball way off target which often times leads to a INT and/or return TD. The human defense is clueless at times. The human defense doesn't tackle while the CPU defense tackles everything fairly easily. And it is darn near impossible to get pressure on the CPU QB. We could try to adjust individual AI settings to address these issues on Heisman. Or, we could just adjust AI settings on All American to help the CPU become more of a challenge.

What say you guys?

1) I'm glad you're having fun.
2) Whatever you want to do, nbd here.

Lzen
04-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Hey Diddy, how are you doing? Feeling better lately? Or are you still having troubles?

J Diddy
04-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Hey Diddy, how are you doing? Feeling better lately? Or are you still having troubles?

I'm on cloud 300, everything just went away. Thanks for asking.

Lzen
04-08-2009, 09:38 AM
No other replies? Gopher?

I wonder if beach tribe is still away.
Oh well. I think what I will do is to put the skill level on Heisman and adjust a few of the AI settings so that we don't get CPU cheating BS. I mean, I know some folks would tell you that is "real football" but I don't consider CPU cheating real.

Lzen
04-10-2009, 08:26 AM
That was a Helluva game last night in the feedback dynasty, Gopher. Notice I switched CBs at halftime. I think I may have had my fast but not super fast CB on your super fast WR. But I put my CB with 97 speed and 96 acceleration in the #2 slot in the 2nd half. That seemed to prevent the chuck it deep over the top plays.

BTW, back at ya on the hard to play with family around thing. That INT I threw was a result of my 7 year old walking in front of me. She seems to have a knack for walking in front of me right when I am looking for a receiver. :banghead:

I hope your entire offense graduates or goes pro after this season. :p

Lzen
04-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Diddy and beach tribe, I was going to advance last night but neither of you had done your offseason recruiting. I will advance tonight whether or not that is done. So, try to get that taken care of.

Or would you guys like to get together and do this all at once? We can do that, too. Just gotta work out a good time to do it.

J Diddy
04-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Diddy and beach tribe, I was going to advance last night but neither of you had done your offseason recruiting. I will advance tonight whether or not that is done. So, try to get that taken care of.

Or would you guys like to get together and do this all at once? We can do that, too. Just gotta work out a good time to do it.

I did it all last night. I can probably do something anytime after 8 tonight and tomorrow

Lzen
04-10-2009, 01:15 PM
I say we try to knock it all out tonight. Just PM'd everyone with that idea.

KcGopher
04-10-2009, 01:50 PM
No other replies? Gopher?

I wonder if beach tribe is still away.
Oh well. I think what I will do is to put the skill level on Heisman and adjust a few of the AI settings so that we don't get CPU cheating BS. I mean, I know some folks would tell you that is "real football" but I don't consider CPU cheating real.

it doesn't matter to me. i have been able to score at will this season with my Missouri team. i have two WR's that are unstoppable. you saw that first hand when my first two passes of the game where short passes turned into long TD's. :)
i'm sure once you change the settings i'll start throwing three or four pick-6's a game. :(

KcGopher
04-10-2009, 01:56 PM
That was a Helluva game last night in the feedback dynasty, Gopher. Notice I switched CBs at halftime. I think I may have had my fast but not super fast CB on your super fast WR. But I put my CB with 97 speed and 96 acceleration in the #2 slot in the 2nd half. That seemed to prevent the chuck it deep over the top plays.

BTW, back at ya on the hard to play with family around thing. That INT I threw was a result of my 7 year old walking in front of me. She seems to have a knack for walking in front of me right when I am looking for a receiver. :banghead:

I hope your entire offense graduates or goes pro after this season. :p

before the game i moved my #1 guy to #2 so that he would match up with your slower CB. i never scored on a go route... my first was on a quick slant, he caught it right over the middle and was gone... the other was a screen, got one good block and he was gone. my first two passes went for long TDs... i think i finished 6 for 9 with 300 yards and 3 TDs.
i feel your pain when it comes to kids.. i made sure mine were in bed before i even fired up my xbox. you got away with a few passes that should have been picked off. the game shouldn't have been as close as it was... dropped int's and onside kicks. :doh!: i thought oh no, not again. i had a bad feeling that you was going to come back and beat me just like before. i was playing deep and you was taking a lot of the underneath stuff to your running back... also, i hate your QB, i could never get to him. :cuss:

beach tribe
04-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Hey guys, can I please take care of all of this stuff Tomorrow(sun). I promise I'll have everything done by 3:30pm eastern time. Thanks a lot. Sorry for the hold up. I've got a lot of stuff going on right now.

KcGopher
04-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Hey guys, can I please take care of all of this stuff Tomorrow(sun). I promise I'll have everything done by 3:30pm eastern time. Thanks a lot. Sorry for the hold up. I've got a lot of stuff going on right now.

:cuss:

J Diddy
04-11-2009, 07:17 PM
:cuss:

I don't know about easter. It being a holiday I'm probably gonna be busy. Maybe we ought to do this one day at a time.

Lzen
04-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't know if we can get together tomorrow. I'm sure everyone has plans with their families. Perhaps we can work out a day and time to do all this.

beach tribe,
Can you at least do your recruiting so that we can advance a week? :)

J Diddy
04-13-2009, 02:39 AM
damn, played the first game under the new settings. Literally took me a quarter to figure out what was going on. much quicker game for sure.

Lzen
04-13-2009, 08:41 AM
There is a bit of an adjustment to that level. But I think we all need it. It's nice but gets old destroying CPU teams all the time. The biggest things that I have issues with concerning Heisman level are:
1. QB accuracy. Sometimes it makes your QB throw the ball somewhere completely off target. I have had that happen a few times even when the QB is not moving and is not under pressure.
2. Tackling. Seems the CPU can break tackles a lot better and you really have to gang tackle some RBs.
3. Getting off blocks to get pressure on the QB. Now I know this is even an issue on All American level. But it is worse on Heisman.

I tried to adjust the AI settings a bit to help with those 3 issues in particular. I suggest you guys play a few games on these setting to get used to them. I feel (and I think we all know it) that we needed more of a challenge and that is what this is about. Don't get too frustrated if it is not going your way. I wanted to try and make the game much more challenging while at the same time not making it feel like the CPU is cheating. That can be a balancing act. Just like with Madden, it might take tweaking several times until we find the right settings. I do want feedback on it, though.

Basically, it should feel like the CPU has a chance to beat you. I don't want anyone to lose to the CPU teams. Just want us to feel like it is always a possibility.

J Diddy
04-13-2009, 08:45 AM
There is a bit of an adjustment to that level. But I think we all need it. It's nice but gets old destroying CPU teams all the time. The biggest things that I have issues with concerning Heisman level are:
1. QB accuracy. Sometimes it makes your QB throw the ball somewhere completely off target. I have had that happen a few times even when the QB is not moving and is not under pressure.
2. Tackling. Seems the CPU can break tackles a lot better and you really have to gang tackle some RBs.
3. Getting off blocks to get pressure on the QB. Now I know this is even an issue on All American level. But it is worse on Heisman.

I tried to adjust the AI settings a bit to help with those 3 issues in particular. I suggest you guys play a few games on these setting to get used to them. I feel (and I think we all know it) that we needed more of a challenge and that is what this is about. Don't get too frustrated if it is not going your way. I wanted to try and make the game much more challenging while at the same time not making it feel like the CPU is cheating. That can be a balancing act. Just like with Madden, it might take tweaking several times until we find the right settings. I do want feedback on it, though.

Basically, it should feel like the CPU has a chance to beat you. I don't want anyone to lose to the CPU teams. Just want us to feel like it is always a possibility.

The thing that really sucked is I went with the spread offense because I accidentally scrolled over on the offensive playbook section. It had no running plays in it worth a crap. I went ahead and played it through but it didn't help me.

Lzen
04-13-2009, 08:55 AM
The thing that really sucked is I went with the spread offense because I accidentally scrolled over on the offensive playbook section. It had no running plays in it worth a crap. I went ahead and played it through but it didn't help me.

Heh, I seem to be able to run pretty well with my spread offense. :)

But yeah, I understand if you're not used to it then it would be difficult.

J Diddy
04-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Heh, I seem to be able to run pretty well with my spread offense. :)

But yeah, I understand if you're not used to it then it would be difficult.

I usually run a pretty traditional set. I have strong guards and centers so I like running up the middle. There was like 2 plays to run up the middle both in goal line.

Lzen
04-14-2009, 08:40 AM
I run my HB up the middle a lot in 4 wides. ;) Also run option. The game I played last night, my starting back had over 100 yards and my backup had about 70 yards. :)

KcGopher
04-14-2009, 12:07 PM
I run my HB up the middle a lot in 4 wides. ;) Also run option. The game I played last night, my starting back had over 100 yards and my backup had about 70 yards. :)

i've noticed... i hate it. i'm thinking pass and then you sneak a run in on me. :cuss:

KcGopher
04-14-2009, 12:11 PM
damn, played the first game under the new settings. Literally took me a quarter to figure out what was going on. much quicker game for sure.

my first game under the new settings went pretty good. :)

i found it harder to stop the CPU's running game... i could hit a guy for a loss and he would either bounce off me or drag me for 4 to 5 yards. :cuss:
in the passing game i didn't have much time to throw... they get to the QB in a hurry. i even had a few passes knocked down. something that didn't happen very often on all-american.

KcGopher
04-14-2009, 12:14 PM
also, i liked your comment about how my MU players all need to go pro. ROFL

if you go to stats (career or season)... you will see a missouri player at the top of each list. Passing TD, Rushing TD, Rec TD, INT, Def TD, etc...
i'm actually 2nd in sacks because of some guy from K-State (sigh).

Lzen
04-14-2009, 02:27 PM
i've noticed... i hate it. i'm thinking pass and then you sneak a run in on me. :cuss:

That's what makes the running easier sometimes. Of course, not having a TE or two or a FB hurts at times, as well. It's give and take, for sure. Just have to get adjusted to that type of offense.

Lzen
04-14-2009, 02:28 PM
my first game under the new settings went pretty good. :)

i found it harder to stop the CPU's running game... i could hit a guy for a loss and he would either bounce off me or drag me for 4 to 5 yards. :cuss:
in the passing game i didn't have much time to throw... they get to the QB in a hurry. i even had a few passes knocked down. something that didn't happen very often on all-american.

Lol. that didn't stop you from scoring 100 points. WTF, dude?

KcGopher
04-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Lol. that didn't stop you from scoring 100 points. WTF, dude?

the CPU can't stop me... it can only hope to contain me. :evil:
i matched that score in the feedback league. my Missouri D/ST is much better than Texas so i scored on a few Pick-6's and punt returns.

Mecca
04-14-2009, 10:00 PM
If you have superior talent you should still be able to move the ball on Heisman even if it's completely cranked up..

If you guys are having any kinds of issues I can tell you how to fix them so feel free to run them by.

Lzen
04-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Yo, beach tribe. Time to get your game played. I am advancing tonight after work.

beach tribe
04-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Yo, beach tribe. Time to get your game played. I am advancing tonight after work.

Sorry guys, had to leave town again. Move it along. Don't wait for me. I've got some important recruits, but I don 't want to hold you guys up. I'll be home Fri. night. This season is going to be interesting. Next season won't. It will belong to Tennessee. I'm not trying to be an ass, or arrogant. My team is set to be a complete jaugernaut next season. Too bad Mecca won't be around to suffer the consequences.

Mecca
04-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Sorry guys, had to leave town again. Move it along. Don't wait for me. I've got some important recruits, but I don 't want to hold you guys up. I'll be home Fri. night. This season is going to be interesting. Next season won't. It will belong to Tennessee. I'm not trying to be an ass, or arrogant. My team is set to be a complete jaugernaut next season. Too bad Mecca won't be around to suffer the consequences.

ROFL

I heard that before...we know how it ended.

J Diddy
04-16-2009, 10:31 PM
ROFL

I heard that before...we know how it ended.

Wow, way to make a cheap dig.

I got about as pissed off as you did when I beat you.

beach tribe
04-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Wow, way to make a cheap dig.

I got about as pissed off as you did when I beat you.

You beat Mecca?

Ok. I need some advice. Do players come out after their sophomore season very often? Will a huge season make them more inclined to come out?

I would like to play Mecca sometime. Especially with the team I will have next season. My team won't actually have a very high rating on offense or defense. Probably around 90 on O, and 85, on D, but I really believe I have built a TEAM the way I wanted to. We'll see, maybe not.

Lzen
04-17-2009, 11:47 PM
You beat Mecca?

Ok. I need some advice. Do players come out after their sophomore season very often? Will a huge season make them more inclined to come out?

I would like to play Mecca sometime. Especially with the team I will have next season. My team won't actually have a very high rating on offense or defense. Probably around 90 on O, and 85, on D, but I really believe I have built a TEAM the way I wanted to. We'll see, maybe not.

No, he did not beat Mecca. nobody did. Kind of a sore subject.

There is no way to play Mecca with your current Tennessee team. You can play Mecca online but it will be with default teams.

Also, speaking of who you would like to play....have you seen KcGopher's scores lately? I think you might like to play him. ;)

J Diddy
04-18-2009, 12:40 AM

There is no way to play Mecca with your current Tennessee team. You can play Mecca online but it will be with default teams.

Also, speaking of who you would like to play....have you seen KcGopher's scores lately? I think you might like to play him. ;)

I beg to differ. I beat mecca online which is why he quit the first time.

J Diddy
04-18-2009, 12:41 AM
You beat Mecca?

3 years, including red shirt season. That's what you get.

Mecca
04-18-2009, 01:06 AM
He beat me in a regular online game where I just frankly played shitty but that was months and months ago I've improved.

In the dynasty I never lost.

KcGopher
04-18-2009, 07:41 AM

Greatest Show on Turf! :D

Lzen
04-18-2009, 10:07 AM
I beg to differ. I beat mecca online which is why he quit the first time.

Oh yes, I forgot about that one. My mistake. I meant he never lost to anyone in the dynasty when he was in it.

He beat me in a regular online game where I just frankly played shitty but that was months and months ago I've improved.

In the dynasty I never lost.

Of course, nobody else has improved. :rolleyes:

KcGopher
04-18-2009, 10:31 AM
hey Lzen, what's up with MU dropping to #2 after my win over KU? i beat K-State last week and yet still i'm at #2. :cuss:

KcGopher
04-18-2009, 10:35 AM
question - is it okay to go for it on 4th and 6 (at the 25 to 28 yard line) in the first quarter of a 7-0 game? :shrug:

Lzen
04-18-2009, 10:45 AM
hey Lzen, what's up with MU dropping to #2 after my win over KU? i beat K-State last week and yet still i'm at #2. :cuss:

Huh? I did not notice that. As we know, this game is screwed up as far as BCS rankings go. However, if you remain at #2, you will still get a chance to be number 1 by playing in the national championship game. That being said, if there is a UTEP type situation, I will see if I can take care of it.

Lzen
04-18-2009, 10:47 AM
question - is it okay to go for it on 4th and 6 (at the 25 to 28 yard line) in the first quarter of a 7-0 game? :shrug:

My initial thought is that I would say it is okay to do that. I really need the exact specifics on the game situation to really give a true opinion. Strictly as far as rules, we don't have a rule on this.

Lzen
04-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Ok, I just checked it. Missouri is #1 in the media poll and #2 in the coach's poll. Wisconsin (12-0) is #1 in the coach's poll. Missouri is still #1 in the all important BCS.

The coaches are idiots, I guess. Missouri's combined opponent's record is 79-64 while Wisconsin's combined opponent's record is 60-68. MU has played 5 top 25 teams while Wisconsin has only played 1 top 25 team. Missouri has played 6 teams with a winning record. Wisconsin has played 4 teams with a winning record. And I probably don't even have to mention the lopsided scores MU has put up this year. Like I said, the coaches are idiots. They are apparently suffering from Big 10/Ohio State syndrome.

KcGopher
04-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Huh? I did not notice that. As we know, this game is screwed up as far as BCS rankings go. However, if you remain at #2, you will still get a chance to be number 1 by playing in the national championship game. That being said, if there is a UTEP type situation, I will see if I can take care of it.
I guess i'll have to start winning by 100 again. :hmmm:
not to worry, my foe is not another UTEP.

KcGopher
04-18-2009, 11:16 AM
My initial thought is that I would say it is okay to do that. I really need the exact specifics on the game situation to really give a true opinion. Strictly as far as rules, we don't have a rule on this.

first pos of the game... K-State had just turned the ball over... MU takes advantage of the short field and scores making it a 7-0 game... next pos K-State moves the ball into field goal range but opts to go for it on 4th and 6 rather than make it a 7-3 game...

KcGopher
04-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Ok, I just checked it. Missouri is #1 in the media poll and #2 in the coach's poll. Wisconsin (12-0) is #1 in the coach's poll. Missouri is still #1 in the all important BCS.

The coaches are idiots, I guess. Missouri's combined opponent's record is 79-64 while Wisconsin's combined opponent's record is 60-68. MU has played 5 top 25 teams while Wisconsin has only played 1 top 25 team. Missouri has played 6 teams with a winning record. Wisconsin has played 4 teams with a winning record. And I probably don't even have to mention the lopsided scores MU has put up this year. Like I said, the coaches are idiots. They are apparently suffering from Big 10/Ohio State syndrome.

i think you should mention them. i would like to hear them. :)

KcGopher
04-18-2009, 11:23 AM

i have a feeling my numbers will drop off next season when you switch us over to heisman. also there is a good chance that i'll lose my starting QB, RB and top two WR's to the NFL. :grr:

J Diddy
04-18-2009, 02:52 PM

Okay I'll explain my reasoning 1)playing a high powered offense 2) 38 is just about my fg kickers max range and the percentage was higher that I'd have picked up the conversion and I believe it was further out than 25 or 28 yards. 3)I was playing without my star running back and believe my #1 wr had been knocked out for the rest of the drive 4)Even the computer thought I should go for it (all 4 options on the ask corso screen were fake fg)

Moot point anyway is you got a pick and I didn't score.

Lzen
04-18-2009, 07:00 PM
i think you should mention them. i would like to hear them. :)

You better watch it. I might have to start calling you Mini Mecca. :D

I kid, I kid.

Lzen
04-18-2009, 07:01 PM
i have a feeling my numbers will drop off next season when you switch us over to heisman. also there is a good chance that i'll lose my starting QB, RB and top two WR's to the NFL. :grr:

I hope so. :)

Lzen
04-18-2009, 07:03 PM
first pos of the game... K-State had just turned the ball over... MU takes advantage of the short field and scores making it a 7-0 game... next pos K-State moves the ball into field goal range but opts to go for it on 4th and 6 rather than make it a 7-3 game...

I really don't have a problem with that. It is a risk. I love when somebody tries that with me and I make them pay. :D

KcGopher
04-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Okay I'll explain my reasoning 1)playing a high powered offense 2) 38 is just about my fg kickers max range and the percentage was higher that I'd have picked up the conversion and I believe it was further out than 25 or 28 yards. 3)I was playing without my star running back and believe my #1 wr had been knocked out for the rest of the drive 4)Even the computer thought I should go for it (all 4 options on the ask corso screen were fake fg)

Moot point anyway is you got a pick and I didn't score.

i know you didn't score... it was a low scoring game :eek: .... i was just confused by the call. i see kickers make it from 60+ all day long so i didn't think you were out of range. i liked your option play on 4th down to take the lead... i thought i had you stopped and next thing i know you toss the ball, then your RB breaks one tackle and he was in. :clap:

KcGopher
04-18-2009, 09:51 PM
You better watch it. I might have to start calling you Mini Mecca. :D

I kid, I kid.

i do good against the CPU... i get a lot of turnovers and scores from special teams. so it's not really that hard to score 70+ a game. some games i've been up 21-0 before my offense stepped foot on the field.

beach tribe
04-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Penn state just played me tough. Weird. We're going to heisman??

All I know is if I go undefeated again, and don't play in the NC game, I'm gonna burn down someone from EAs house down.

beach tribe
04-18-2009, 10:07 PM
3 years, including red shirt season. That's what you get.

Mwaaaahaaaahaaa.

beach tribe
04-18-2009, 10:13 PM

I probably don't have the firepower to beat Texas this season. That said putting tons of points on the CPU is pretty easy. I could score a lot more if I didn't try to spread the ball around. I don't know what gopher is doing, but I know the HB is getting the ball.........a lot. I would like to see what's going on there. I still haven't lost a game, and don't really plan on it. I've got some players out for the 1st qrtr of the season, so I probably won't be back to full strength until about week 5. This is surely going to be an interesting season.

beach tribe
04-18-2009, 10:15 PM
I hope so. :)

You're running back is a sophomore right? From what Diddy says, they won't leave until after their 3rd season. I hope he's right.

Mecca
04-18-2009, 10:15 PM
What's special about your team?

I'm not trying to be an asshole I'm just wondering what it is that you are feeling makes it superior.

beach tribe
04-18-2009, 10:50 PM
What's special about your team?

I'm not trying to be an asshole I'm just wondering what it is that you are feeling makes it superior.
You know the answer to this question. The same thing that made yours so great. I just have the players that I think I will need to do what I want to do. The main thing is speed....Everywhere. And they are basically all freshmen with a couple sophomores in there, and a couple juniors. I think I have 1 senior starting on my team. My QB is a 5 star freshman. My secondary is just SICK. All freshmen except for my SS who is a shpmr. Another year of experience, and a secret weapon that I will unveil next season when my puzzle is complete is why I'm so cocky about this. There's a chance that it won't turn out the way I think, but I'm pretty sure it worked out exactly the way I had envisioned. We'll see. I'll have no problem eating my words if it doesn't work out.

J Diddy
04-18-2009, 11:07 PM
i know you didn't score... it was a low scoring game :eek: .... i was just confused by the call. i see kickers make it from 60+ all day long so i didn't think you were out of range. i liked your option play on 4th down to take the lead... i thought i had you stopped and next thing i know you toss the ball, then your RB breaks one tackle and he was in. :clap:

to be truthful, I didn't see it as being a low scoring game. I figured it to be real high, which is one reason why I didn't want to risk the field goal

J Diddy
04-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Okay Lzen you must hate me. I'm playing number 3 north carolina who is 99 offense, 99 defense and 99 special teams right after playing fsu at home who is equally bad ass.

Do you hate me?

J Diddy
04-18-2009, 11:11 PM
for the record I left a pretty good psu team to come to alabama

I'm still rebuilding

KcGopher
04-18-2009, 11:49 PM
I don't know what gopher is doing, but I know the HB is getting the ball.........a lot. I would like to see what's going on there.

not as much as last season...

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1738/95608955.png

KcGopher
04-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Okay Lzen you must hate me. I'm playing number 3 north carolina who is 99 offense, 99 defense and 99 special teams right after playing fsu at home who is equally bad ass.

Do you hate me?

wtf? 99's? :cuss:

J Diddy
04-19-2009, 12:35 AM

The computer DESTROYED me. I couldn't do a damn thing. 40-6 NCU. Fugging tar heels I blame roy williams.

Mecca
04-19-2009, 12:43 AM

That's the team I built....

KcGopher
04-19-2009, 09:14 AM
That's the team I built....

yeah i know... and you went on about how you had no talent. :rolleyes:
i hope i get a shot at them.

J Diddy
04-19-2009, 12:16 PM

I'm just glad it's over.

It was like playing with the chiefs vs. the all madden team.

Lzen
04-19-2009, 01:18 PM

Do you hate me?

Sry, dude. I thought we all needed some challenges. Honestly, I had no idea UNC was that good. When I schedule, it does not show the teams ratings. It only shows their ranking. Also, when I choose to exchange say an FCS team that was put on your schedule by the computer with another team, it only gives me a limited number of teams to choose from. That is why some of us had teams like Louisville or Toledo or Iowa.

If I would have known UNC was that good, I would have put them on KcGopher's schedule. :D

KcGopher
04-19-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm just glad it's over.
It was like playing with the chiefs vs. the all madden team.

ROFL

beach tribe
04-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Jees. NC has 99s all over? Maybe my team won't be as good as I thought.

Mecca
04-19-2009, 07:10 PM

All those guys I was playing with are now junior and seniors so they're significantly better...

I didn't say no talent I just had very very young talent and was trying to figure out who my playmakers were.

And those last 2 recruiting classes I signed were full of awesome so it happens.

beach tribe
04-19-2009, 08:53 PM
ROFL

Have you played your game yet?

KcGopher
04-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Have you played your game yet?

yes

beach tribe
04-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Did we advance??

Lzen
04-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Yes.

beach tribe
04-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah...umm..I think have this recruiting thing down.

If you recall I had the #1 ranked class last season, 7, 5 stars. 5, 4stars, but I'm proud, and shocked to announce that, this season, I am pretty well positioned as the #1 interest of:

The #1 QB (committed this week)

#1 T
#1 ATH
#1 WR
#1 G
#1 DE
I'm third in rankings by a hair on the #2 MLB, and my favorite. A diamond in the rough I found during pre-season recruiting..a 4 star speed WR... A 6'6" cornbread fed, whiteboy from Indiana, that runs a 4.26 forty.

My team is basically screwed until next season though. I think I'm ranked like 81 on O, and 83 on D. I only have 1 senior, and a few juniors starting. My QB is a freshman, along with my entire secondary, except the SS who is an all American. Both my WRs are game breakers. Both sophomores.

So I've told you about my team. I hope I wasn't sounding like a bragging ass. I didn't mean to, because I know you guys have some squads built. Kansas, and Texas I know are light years ahead of my team right now. Tell me how you guys' teams are shaping up.

Diddy? Hows Alabama coming along? I saw you're draft last season. You're LBs are gonna be just sick. It looks like you're D is gonna be nasty. I hope you guys are gonna stick with this a while.

J Diddy
04-23-2009, 09:10 PM

If you recall I had the #1 ranked class last season, 7, 5 stars. 5, 4stars, but I'm proud, and shocked to announce that, this season, I am pretty well positioned as the #1 interest of:

#1 T
#1 ATH
#1 WR
#1 G
#1 DE
I'm third in rankings by a hair on the #2 MLB, and my favorite. A diamond in the rough I found during pre-season recruiting..a 4 star speed WR... A 6'6" cornbread fed, whiteboy from Indiana, that runs a 4.26 forty.

My team is basically screwed until next season though. I think I'm ranked like 81 on O, and 83 on D. I only have 1 senior, and a few juniors starting. My QB is a freshman, along with my entire secondary, except the SS who is an all American. Both my WRs are game breakers. Both sophomores.

So I've told you about my team. I hope I wasn't sounding like a bragging ass. I didn't mean to, because I know you guys have some squads built. Kansas, and Texas I know are light years ahead of my team right now. Tell me how you guys' teams are shaping up.

Diddy? Hows Alabama coming along? I saw you're draft last season. You're LBs are gonna be just sick. It looks like you're D is gonna be nasty. I hope you guys are gonna stick with this a while.

Well it's coming. I took over bama last season so I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Only problem I have is every time I go after someone, they choose Tennessee. :cuss:

beach tribe
04-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Que Rocky Top.

KcGopher
04-24-2009, 09:31 AM

#1 T
#1 ATH
#1 WR
#1 G
#1 DE

Texas isn't that good. the WR's are average at best. the D sucks (but i do have a redshirt freshman DE who has 22 sacks). my QB is all over the place with his passes. but at least i'm set at running back.

My Missouri team took a step back last night after winning back-to-back Championships. i lost a few all-americans to the NFL. recruiting this season isn't looking all that great. Kansas might be the favorite going into next season. :grr:

GoTrav
04-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Texas isn't that good. the WR's are average at best. the D sucks (but i do have a redshirt freshman DE who has 22 sacks). my QB is all over the place with his passes. but at least i'm set at running back

it's not like you throw to anyone but the RB anyways :p

KcGopher
04-25-2009, 02:24 PM

ha! good point!

beach tribe
04-25-2009, 02:28 PM
ha! good point!

One of those guys huh?

Lzen
04-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Kansas might be the favorite going into next season. :grr:

Yes!! :thumb:

He used to like to throw to the HB and TE a lot. That is, until he found some really fast WRS. :cuss:

KcGopher
04-26-2009, 10:49 AM
He used to like to throw to the HB and TE a lot. That is, until he found some really fast WRS. :cuss:
too bad they went pro on me. :deevee:

beach tribe
04-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Ok I have just about had it with this BCS shit. I went undefeated, and wasn't even close to a loss, and got shafted out of the NC game by a team that played 1 fuqing top 25 team.

Now I was ranked #3, won my game by 70 points while scoring 91 in the game, and was hopped by Texas, who jumped two spots, and over me. Not taking anything away from Texas or Gopher, it's just BS, and not possible even in the ****ed up BCS that is currently in place in real college game. If I go undefeated, and get shafted out of the NC game again, It's gonna be hard to come back for another year, even with all of these great players I'm accumulating. If I lose a game, fine, but I'm a long way from losing one so far. I'm thinking that maybe they are going by my talent level at this point, and not my performances on the field. My O is only 81, and my D 78.(Only have 1 senior, and 3 juniors starting) Gopher, I'm curious as to what your O, and D have as rankings. I'm pretty pissed, but I also know that you are gonna have to play Kansas, so one of you will fall, but last season UCLA played in the NC game, and did NOT dominate, and Like I said only played 1 top 25 team, and jumped 2 spots to #2, and played in NC game, and got smoked.

Lzen
04-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Look at it like this. Right now, you are ranked #3 while Texas is #2 and Kansas is #1. Gopher and I still play each other twice (most likely). Assuming you win out, you will most likely be in the title game. And hey, let's not put the cart before the horse. You still gotta play Diddy at least once. More than likely twice. If you lose one or both of those, this conversation will be irrelevant.

Also, there is the possibility that Gopher and I split. If that were to happen, it is possible that neither Texas or Kansas makes the national title game.

Point is, there is a lot of season left. Don't get mad just yet. You're still in great shape as of right now. If it comes down to a CPU team ranked ahead of you that is obviously undeserving, I think I can fix that.

Lzen
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM
One more thing to note:

Texas is #2 and Tennessee is #3 in the coaches' poll. The media poll has Tennessee #2 and Texas #4. I have always felt that the media poll is more accurate in this game.

Besides, the BCS poll hasn't even started yet.

If it really comes down to it and an undeserving CPU team is ranked higher toward the end of the season, I think I can fix that.

beach tribe
04-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Look at it like this. Right now, you are ranked #3 while Texas is #2 and Kansas is #1. Gopher and I still play each other twice (most likely). Assuming you win out, you will most likely be in the title game. And hey, let's not put the cart before the horse. You still gotta play Diddy at least once. More than likely twice. If you lose one or both of those, this conversation will be irrelevant.

Also, there is the possibility that Gopher and I split. If that were to happen, it is possible that neither Texas or Kansas makes the national title game.

Point is, there is a lot of season left. Don't get mad just yet. You're still in great shape as of right now. If it comes down to a CPU team ranked ahead of you that is obviously undeserving, I think I can fix that.

I over-reacted with my post. I was just a little pissed at the moment after what happened to me last season. Gopher is agood player, and deserving of his rank. I just couldn't see getting jumped after winning by 70 points.

You see, Gopher was killing people, and not moving up, and then all of a sudden moves up two spots, after winning by a couple TDs. Like I said, it's not about Gopher. His play warrants everything he gets. It's just the funny stuff happening with the polls. I just smashed #8 Georgia 70-10, and I would almost bet, that I'm still #3 next week. It's really all good though. It's gonna be hard to beat Diddy twice with this team being so young. But if I do go undefeated again, and not play for a title, it will be something like 25 straight wins, and no NC game. That will be hard to swallow.

J Diddy
04-26-2009, 05:47 PM
I over-reacted with my post. I was just a little pissed at the moment after what happened to me last season. Gopher is agood player, and deserving of his rank. I just couldn't see getting jumped after winning by 70 points.

You see, Gopher was killing people, and not moving up, and then all of a sudden moves up two spots, after winning by a couple TDs. Like I said, it's not about Gopher. His play warrants everything he gets. It's just the funny stuff happening with the polls. I just smashed #8 Georgia 70-10, and I would almost bet, that I'm still #3 next week. It's really all good though. It's gonna be hard to beat Diddy twice with this team being so young. But if I do go undefeated again, and not play for a title, it will be something like 25 straight wins, and no NC game. That will be hard to swallow.

You'll be alright.:D

This heisman level is interesting and am having a little bit of difficulty adjusting to it.

KcGopher
04-26-2009, 11:49 PM
This heisman level is interesting and am having a little bit of difficulty adjusting to it.
me too... you might not think it by looking at some of the scores but its true.

J Diddy
04-26-2009, 11:52 PM
me too... you might not think it by looking at some of the scores but its true.

Hey while you're on here are you done recruiting for the feedback dyn?

The biggest thing I like about it is it's forcing me to read coverages better. The worst thing I hate about it is my rb can get tackled with a feather but I need 3 d lineman to bring down the computers.

KcGopher
04-27-2009, 01:05 AM
Hey while you're on here are you done recruiting for the feedback dyn?

The biggest thing I like about it is it's forcing me to read coverages better. The worst thing I hate about it is my rb can get tackled with a feather but I need 3 d lineman to bring down the computers.

i thought i was caught up. i never saw any messages saying we advanced.

i'm having the same problem you are... i'd hate to have to try and come from behind against the AI's Defense. :grr:

J Diddy
04-27-2009, 01:08 AM
on the offseason stuff I think we're going through about 1 a day. Heck I've only got 2 scholarships left soim almost donei thought i was caught up. i never saw any messages saying we advanced.

i'm having the same problem you are... i'd hate to have to try and come from behind against the AI's Defense. :grr:
on the offseason stuff I think we're going through about 1 a day. Heck I've only got 2 scholarships left so im almost done. I just assumed you were done because your team is all world.

Yeah once it gets you down you're screwed. I'm actually looking forward to playing beachtribe this week in the shredder dyn and he murdered me last time we played.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 01:09 AM
I think you all should have played North Carolina.

J Diddy
04-27-2009, 01:11 AM

I think the university of north carolina needs to be disbanded.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Ahahaha, I was playing on Heisman with a bad team on my offline one.

What are you doing that's that's making it hard I mean I can attempt to help you.

Lzen
04-27-2009, 08:26 AM

I did play them last year. It's just that it is not always easy or even possible to put them on everyone's schedule. When I select an opponent, it only gives me so many possibilities. Really, all I'm doing is trying to give each player one of the toughest teams on that list. Some weeks, that doesn't work out too well. ;)

It would also be nice if the game gave you a team rating rather than a ranking when I'm selecting opponents. I usually try to select a ranked opponent. That strategy backfires a bit when one of those top 25 opponents turns out to be way overrated.

Lzen
04-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Here is my take on how to succeed on this level.

First and foremost, you need a good QB. I play on 2 other dynasties that are Heisman. The one that Diddy just joined I have been in for about 5 or 6 seasons. It was a struggle at first. One thing I did have going for me was a great QB in Todd Reesing. His abilities kept me in most games. I won a lot of games on my QBs arm.

I am in another dynasty that we are in our 3rd season now. This dynasty is an 80(or was it 85?) rating and under. In other words, your team has to be rated at or under that overall rating when you first join. If you change teams, it has to be at or under that rating maximum. Well, wouldn't you know it. The first 2 seasons we played on All American. This 3rd season, they decided to go to Heisman.

QBs -
Ok, Heisman is fine. I'm good with that. But my QBs (in this dynasty that just went to Heisman in the 3rd season ) are not great. They are above average at best. So, I see a lot of errant throws. It makes it very difficult to win if your QB is throwing the ball off target a lot. I have played a lot of musical QBs this year in that dynasty. It's driving me insane. It has cost me some games. But my QBs in the other dynasties on Heisman are excellent and I do just fine with them.

The lines are just as important, IMO.

Oline - Offensive line needs to be good so that your QB isn't having to run for his life and your back can find a little daylight.

Dline -
The defensive line is one area where I would upgrade immediately, especially DEs. You need all the help you can get to keep the backs from breaking to the outside. Not to mention that if you can't get to the QB, they will dink and dunk you all the way down the field for a score.

LBers - Speed really helps here. I know that it helps on any level, but you really notice if you have slow LBers on this level. You have slow LBers on this level and you will get killed.

CBs - Speed at this makes it much easier to play defense on this level. I used to play a lot of (almost exclusively) zone on All American. You can't play all zone on Heisman. The CPU will adjust to it. I now use a lot more man coverages like Cover 2 Man or some variation of a blitz. I like to bump and run a lot, too. Of course, you will occasionally get burned if you use b&r a lot, even with fast CBs.

HBs - You need a guy that has some break tackle, agility, and a little speed. He doesn't have to be a burner (although it helps :) ), but he should have a little giddy up. The break tackle is just as important, IMO. When I first started in Heisman, I had Jake Sharp. He is a back with really good speed, but he got tackled way too easily. that make it difficult to have much semblance of a running game. Having a back that can break a tackle or two and get a couple extra yards every play will help immensly.

Those are the most important things, IMO. I know having fast WRs (and/or TEs) make it much easier to hit the home run plays on offense. However, I did just fine on offense just taking small chunks all the way down the field in my first few seasons until I was able to bring in some fast WRs. I'm just saying it can be done without super fast guys running routes.

KcGopher
04-29-2009, 11:23 AM

i dropped down to 3. happy now? :clap:

KcGopher
04-29-2009, 11:25 AM
My O is only 81, and my D 78.(Only have 1 senior, and 3 juniors starting) Gopher, I'm curious as to what your O, and D have as rankings.

Texas
Overall - 86
Offense - 88
Defense - 85

KcGopher
04-29-2009, 11:35 AM
LBers - Speed really helps here. I know that it helps on any level, but you really notice if you have slow LBers on this level. You have slow LBers on this level and you will get killed.

i agree that speed is good to have, but i'd rather have a hard hitter with a good tackle rating. i found it does no good if they can't tackle. i had some linebackers with speed around 90 but they couldn't wrap up, so a lot of plays that should have been stopped in the backfield turned out to be long gains. if my linebackers aren't fast enough to get there i have speed in my secondary that i depend on.

Lzen
04-29-2009, 11:43 AM
i agree that speed is good to have, but i'd rather have a hard hitter with a good tackle rating. i found it does no good if they can't tackle. i had some linebackers with speed around 90 but they couldn't wrap up, so a lot of plays that should have been stopped in the backfield turned out to be long gains. if my linebackers aren't fast enough to get there i have speed in my secondary that i depend on.

You make a good point. There is always gonna be some give and take. I prefer speed first.

KcGopher
04-29-2009, 11:49 AM
You make a good point. There is always gonna be some give and take. I prefer speed first.

speed at CB, S and DE. tackle at LB and DT.

on offense
speed, speed, speed!!!! lol

speaking of offense... my MU team might be better than last year. :eek:

J Diddy
04-30-2009, 01:24 AM
speed at CB, S and DE. tackle at LB and DT.

on offense
speed, speed, speed!!!! lol

speaking of offense... my MU team might be better than last year. :eek:

I know my team will be. My corners will be 95 and 98 speed with the other 3 being no lower than 90.

My hb who was hurt most of the year left, but my hb who played in his place developed nicely and his 95 speed with a backup at 90 and 92. My qb returned, my o line has developed well, as well as my 2 starting wr's with speeds of 99, and 98.

Lzen
04-30-2009, 08:07 AM
How do you guys always get these WRs with 98 and 99 speed?

Lzen
04-30-2009, 08:12 AM
BTW, last night in the feedback dynasty, I could not finish. Yeah, stupid ATT. You hear that, Gopher? ATT sucks!! :cuss:

The voice line went down Sunday. I called in to have them come out to repair it. However, it was back on a day or so later. Everything seemed fine but they came out yesterday and fixed the line. They called and left a message that said something about they had fixed something on their end (said some wiring was messed up). Ok, fine.

I spent quite a bit of my evening out at Lowe's. By the time I got home and sat down to start playing, it was about 9:30. I managed to play a game and recruit in another dynasty. Note: I did notice that it took longer than usual for the dynasty to download. Then I started to work on the feedback dynasty. Shortly after, my internet started dropping connection. I finally got tired of it and went to bed after midnight. Damn you, ATT! Now I'm tired today.

KcGopher
04-30-2009, 08:34 AM
How do you guys always get these WRs with 98 and 99 speed?

good scouting! :)
my WR who went pro has been replaced by a 99 speed freshman. :thumb:
too bad my weakest link will be QB. i won't have anyone to throw him the ball. :hmmm:

KcGopher
04-30-2009, 08:35 AM
BTW, last night in the feedback dynasty, I could not finish. Yeah, stupid ATT. You hear that, Gopher? ATT sucks!! :cuss:

no comment

LMAO

KcGopher
04-30-2009, 08:36 AM

The voice line went down Sunday. I called in to have them come out to repair it. However, it was back on a day or so later. Everything seemed fine but they came out yesterday and fixed the line. They called and left a message that said something about they had fixed something on their end (said some wiring was messed up). Ok, fine.

I spent quite a bit of my evening out at Lowe's. By the time I got home and sat down to start playing, it was about 9:30. I managed to play a game and recruit in another dynasty. Note: I did notice that it took longer than usual for the dynasty to download. Then I started to work on the feedback dynasty. Shortly after, my internet started dropping connection. I finally got tired of it and went to bed after midnight. Damn you, ATT! Now I'm tired today.

be sure to get that fixed before NCAA 2010 comes out. ;)

Lzen
04-30-2009, 08:46 AM
be sure to get that fixed before NCAA 2010 comes out. ;)

I'm about ready to fire ATT. :cuss: Seems like every time it rains lately, I have problems.

KcGopher
04-30-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm about ready to fire ATT. :cuss: Seems like every time it rains lately, I have problems.

i don't know what to tell you, my DSL runs great. but i also live in a new sub-division. :thumb:

Lzen
04-30-2009, 11:10 AM
I called the repair line. They told me that it is common that when they fix a voice line, it can damage my dsl filters in my home. They suggested trying to unplug the dsl filter and hook up directly as well as unplug any phones. They also told me to reboot my modem. I went home on break and did all of that. It seemed to be working fine after that. I guess time will tell.

Lzen
04-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Oh, and the feedback dynasty is ready to play week 1.

KcGopher
04-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Oh, and the feedback dynasty is ready to play week 1.

i cant wait to see the schedule you gave me.

Lzen
04-30-2009, 12:55 PM
i cant wait to see the schedule you gave me.

I can't wait for you to see it, too. :evil:

J Diddy
04-30-2009, 01:01 PM

are we staying at all american settings on this or moving up to the heisman?

Lzen
04-30-2009, 01:43 PM
We moved up to Heisman.

KcGopher
04-30-2009, 01:57 PM

:doh!:
i take it getting the 3-peat won't be easy. :shake:

KcGopher
04-30-2009, 01:59 PM
We moved up to Heisman.

oh boy, did you change any other settings?

KcGopher
04-30-2009, 02:00 PM
can i refuse to play KU due to poor internet connection on their part? :D

Lzen
04-30-2009, 02:19 PM
can i refuse to play KU due to poor internet connection on their part? :D

Lol, it's your damn company. :cuss: I am hoping this is fixed now. /knocks on wood.

Lzen
04-30-2009, 02:20 PM
oh boy, did you change any other settings?

Slight tweaks like the other dynasty but not quite as much. We all have tough schedules. We all have at least 2 common foes (in the non-con), as well.

J Diddy
04-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Slight tweaks like the other dynasty but not quite as much. We all have tough schedules. We all have at least 2 common foes (in the non-con), as well.

Hopefully no 99 overall, 99 offense, 99 defense.

J Diddy
04-30-2009, 03:17 PM

Well the good news is I get to see the difference between picking my players vs. playing with somone elses. I suspect I'll probably have more fun with it than the other 2 dynasties.

Lzen
04-30-2009, 04:27 PM

I seriously doubt it. We all play 4 good teams in the non con, but I don't think any of them are 99-99-99.

Well the good news is I get to see the difference between picking my players vs. playing with somone elses. I suspect I'll probably have more fun with it than the other 2 dynasties.

I think you have been building a pretty good team. You should be alright.

J Diddy
04-30-2009, 10:10 PM
I seriously doubt it. We all play 4 good teams in the non con, but I don't think any of them are 99-99-99.

I think you have been building a pretty good team. You should be alright.

Alright, what did you do to my running game?:mad:

My o line is better, my rb is equal. I set up the run with the pass and I couldn't pass the LOS to save my ass.

KcGopher
05-01-2009, 12:30 AM

not i...

MU
OVR 91
OFF 92
DEF 92

KcGopher
05-01-2009, 12:35 AM
Alright, what did you do to my running game?:mad:

My o line is better, my rb is equal. I set up the run with the pass and I couldn't pass the LOS to save my ass.

i had several passes knocked down by d-linemen, my running back kept getting hit in the backfield, my all-amercian CB's from last year kept dropping easy INTs, and to top it off i have a southpaw starting at QB. :huh:

J Diddy
05-01-2009, 12:43 AM
i had several passes knocked down by d-linemen, my running back kept getting hit in the backfield, my all-amercian CB's from last year kept dropping easy INTs, and to top it off i have a southpaw starting at QB. :huh:

That's the thing that irked me. Okay my rb I don't expect to be walter payton everytime he touches the ball. However, if I pick a play that fools the d and they all run to the right and I pull a counter to the left and he's got 15 yards of daylight....He should be able to gain at least 5 yards with 94 overall speed. I didn't have much problem with d lineman knocking passes down so that might be your qb height vs. d lineman jump.

The screwiest thing is my all star from last year with 98 overall speed can't get open but my 99 overall speed freshman wr can't be stopped. I feel your pain about dropping easy int's however their lb's were like jerry rice near the goal line.

Lzen
05-01-2009, 08:26 AM
These settings aren't much different than the Shredder dynasty. They are just slightly more difficult.

Diddy, one thing that you really tend to notice on Heisman is if your offensive line is good or not. If the defenders penetrate a lot, it will be hard to run and have time to pass deep routes. It may take some adjustment of your style of play to what talent you have.

Lzen
05-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Also, I have noticed just about every season (even on AA level) that many seasons my team takes a couple games or more to start gelling. Some seasons I have not had this and came out of the gates rocking. But most seasons, it takes a game or two (or 3....) for my team to really start looking like a quality football team. I have never been able to tell if that's just me adjusting to my talent or just the way the game works with the intangibles (like chemistry?).

J Diddy
05-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Just a gentle reminder I will be leaving for vegas next sunday morning and won't be back until friday.

KcGopher
05-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Just a gentle reminder I will be leaving for vegas next sunday morning and won't be back until friday.

does that mean we get a vacation? or do the games go one without you? :p

J Diddy
05-02-2009, 09:40 AM
does that mean we get a vacation? or do the games go one without you? :p

Hopefully it means you guys get a vacation.

beach tribe
05-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Wow Texas is putting together one hell of a recruiting class. It's gonna be close who pulls the #1 class this season.

Finally hit that #1 spot. I'm tied with Kansas for #1 overall. I think he's gonna regain it after my last game.

KcGopher
05-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Wow Texas is putting together one hell of a recruiting class. It's gonna be close who pulls the #1 class this season.

Finally hit that #1 spot. I'm tied with Kansas for #1 overall. I think he's gonna regain it after my last game.

go texas! :)

J Diddy
05-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Alright guys I'm off here until next Thursday night maybe friday. Lzen I hope you're doing well.

Lzen
05-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Ok, sry gopher for taking so long to get our game played. Was busy with my dad's funeral and whatnot. I was at the visitation on Friday night when you texted me.

Anyway, I spent a lot of time last week just trying to stay busy. My kitchen remodel was already started before this happened so it was not hard to stay busy.

Also, my internet was screwing up again. That one night (Wed. or Thur.) I couldn't get the signal to stay long enough for me to log on. I was ready to play then. Oh well. ATT came out yesterday morning and (supposedly) fixed everything. I am hoping that this takes care of all my problems because it gets very frustrating paying for internet that doesn't work sometimes. :cuss:

Anyhoo, that was a good game we got in on Sunday, Gopher. We always seem to have epic battles. :) Hopefully, the next one ends with the same result. :p

So, Diddy is in Vegas? So do we wait for him in both leagues? Or do we advance one more?

Hey Diddy, did you forget to tell dbladed007 that you were leaving for vacation? He just thought you hadn't logged and so he booted you. Yeah, that's what he does when players hold everyone up by not playing. Unless, of course, you have a good reason. He advances his dynasty every couple days no matter what. You want me to tell him that you went on vacation and forgot to tell him? He would probably invite you back in if you or I explain.

KcGopher
05-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Anyhoo, that was a good game we got in on Sunday, Gopher. We always seem to have epic battles. :) Hopefully, the next one ends with the same result. :p

had two INT's called back because i jumped offsides... then you burned me on that deep TD at the end of the half. that was the game changing play. thanks for not going for it on 4th down. i know you wanted to. :)

in my MU game against Texas Tech the computer cheated... they had 3 kickoff returns for Touchdowns. :cuss:
i ended up kicking straight in the air or out of bounds.

J Diddy
05-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Ok, sry gopher for taking so long to get our game played. Was busy with my dad's funeral and whatnot. I was at the visitation on Friday night when you texted me.

Anyway, I spent a lot of time last week just trying to stay busy. My kitchen remodel was already started before this happened so it was not hard to stay busy.

Also, my internet was screwing up again. That one night (Wed. or Thur.) I couldn't get the signal to stay long enough for me to log on. I was ready to play then. Oh well. ATT came out yesterday morning and (supposedly) fixed everything. I am hoping that this takes care of all my problems because it gets very frustrating paying for internet that doesn't work sometimes. :cuss:

So, Diddy is in Vegas? So do we wait for him in both leagues? Or do we advance one more?

Hey Diddy, did you forget to tell dbladed007 that you were leaving for vacation? He just thought you hadn't logged and so he booted you. Yeah, that's what he does when players hold everyone up by not playing. Unless, of course, you have a good reason. He advances his dynasty every couple days no matter what. You want me to tell him that you went on vacation and forgot to tell him? He would probably invite you back in if you or I explain.

Yeah I told him a couple of weeks ago and reminded him as well but that's ok. 3 Leagues is too much for me right now. I plan on getting caught up tonight. Did you guys advance a league while I was gone?

Lzen
05-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Nope, you're in luck. Did not advance since you played last. Or shall I say we did not skip any of your games.

I am about to skip Tennessee, though. I don't recall him saying anything about being gone and he hasn't been on Xbox Live in 5 days.

J Diddy
05-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Nope, you're in luck. Did not advance since you played last. Or shall I say we did not skip any of your games.

I am about to skip Tennessee, though. I don't recall him saying anything about being gone and he hasn't been on Xbox Live in 5 days.

funny, I didn't see him in vegas....:D

Anyway my shredder dyn game is played and as soon as I get enough juice charged up in my controller AA's to complete the last 1:12 then I will be done with the feedback dyn.

KcGopher
05-15-2009, 11:21 AM
texas had a big scare last night. down 3 TD's with 4 minutes to go in the game. i came back and won by a FG. i swear the computer was cheating somehow. :cuss:

Lzen
05-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Wow, nice. I had a scare in the other dynasty a week or so ago. I was down by 17 points to Nebraska(?) and ended up winning by about 20 or so. :)

Lzen
05-15-2009, 01:05 PM
BTW, we advanced. I don't know what is going on with beach tribe, but he didn't say anything to me about being gone. His team won so nothing changed.

J Diddy
05-17-2009, 11:15 PM
so gopher its mizzou-ksu week

when you want to play?

beach tribe
05-18-2009, 08:32 AM
I'll get my game in today after work.

Lzen
05-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Ok, good deal. So were you out of town or something? Not that it matters. Just curious. We did advance one week on ya. You had Kentucky, I believe. And, of course, your team won. UK sucks so that was pretty much a given.

J Diddy
05-19-2009, 04:34 AM
you ducking me gopher or what?

Lzen
05-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Ummm...yeah. I am going to advance the Shredder dynasty tonight. Probably should go ahead and get that game played, bt.

J Diddy
05-19-2009, 04:35 PM

Yeah turns out he wasn't ducking me, just prolonging the inevitable ass whooping.

I hate mizzou.

KcGopher
05-20-2009, 07:07 AM

Quack Quack

KcGopher
05-20-2009, 07:11 AM
Yeah turns out he wasn't ducking me, just prolonging the inevitable ass whooping.

I hate mizzou.

ROFL
if it makes you feel better Oklahoma about beat me. I started the game off by throwing 2 INTs. i won the game on a pick-6 with no time left on the clock. a close call for Mizzou. hopefully it will be a wake-up call and keep the team focused.
Three-Peat?

beach tribe
05-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Ok dammit. I'm gonna play some football tonight. I got a new GF and haven't had time to breathe.

Lzen
05-20-2009, 08:47 AM
I hate mizzou.

Join the club. :grr:

Lzen
05-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Ok dammit. I'm gonna play some football tonight. I got a new GF and haven't had time to breathe.

Oh yeah? :hmmm:

KcGopher
05-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Join the club. :grr:

f-ing KU keep stealing all my recruits. :cuss:

Lzen
05-20-2009, 12:43 PM
f-ing KU keep stealing all my recruits. :cuss:

Oh crap. He's on to me. :D

J Diddy
05-20-2009, 01:26 PM
ROFL
if it makes you feel better Oklahoma about beat me. I started the game off by throwing 2 INTs. i won the game on a pick-6 with no time left on the clock. a close call for Mizzou. hopefully it will be a wake-up call and keep the team focused.
Three-Peat?

the only thing that made me feel better was playing iowa state next. i took my aggression out on them

beach tribe
05-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Ahhh. KU, TN......NC. I've been waiting two seasons for this. I don't know if this team is good enough to beat you. I expected next year's team to dominate. I didn't even expect to be in this game this season.

KcGopher
05-21-2009, 08:37 AM
the only thing that made me feel better was playing iowa state next. i took my aggression out on them

oh? did you pull a gopher? (beat them by 100)

Lzen
05-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Ahhh. KU, TN......NC. I've been waiting two seasons for this. I don't know if this team is good enough to beat you. I expected next year's team to dominate. I didn't even expect to be in this game this season.

Heh, that sounds good. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Still have conference championship games yet to play.

J Diddy
05-21-2009, 02:17 PM
oh? did you pull a gopher? (beat them by 100)

it started out that way, suddenly their rb became emitt smith

KcGopher
05-21-2009, 02:22 PM
it started out that way, suddenly their rb became emitt smith

you gotta love that :grr:
i still like the Hands of Stone cheat the Computer uses on my secondary. :rolleyes:

J Diddy
05-21-2009, 03:25 PM
you gotta love that :grr:
i still like the Hands of Stone cheat the Computer uses on my secondary. :rolleyes:

It's almost worth it to convert wrs to cornerbacks and just see if it is a cheat

:SHRUG:

beach tribe
05-22-2009, 06:36 AM
Heh, that sounds good. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Still have conference championship games yet to play.

Oh hell I forgot all about that.

Lzen
05-22-2009, 10:58 PM
That was another epic battle, Gopher. Unfortunately for me, my wife was bitching at me through he first half about my son's live account being on automatic renewal. She just wouldn't shut up about it and I couldn't concentrate. I'm like, "why the fuck do you wait until I'm playing this big game against a human to do this?"

Ugghh. Everything seemed to be going wrong for me in the first quarter and a half. One play where my QB threw it and the WR was deep and he just didn't find the ball. I guess I should have taken control myself. I don't usually like to do that when it looks like it is an automatic catch (defender 5 yards behind). And then I felt like throwing my controller across the room when my HB fumbled. And that one INT I was like "why did my great, accurate QB overthrow that wide open WR and into the hands of the defender?"

Of course, that TO that the game didn't let you call at the end was a crappy deal for you. Weird things in this game. No guarantee that you would have scored had you been able to call a TO there anyway. Only 1 second left to gain 10 or so yards to score a TD.

It was a great game and the right team won. :D

KcGopher
05-23-2009, 08:48 AM
That was another epic battle, Gopher. Unfortunately for me, my wife was bitching at me through he first half about my son's live account being on automatic renewal. She just wouldn't shut up about it and I couldn't concentrate. I'm like, "why the **** do you wait until I'm playing this big game against a human to do this?"

Ugghh. Everything seemed to be going wrong for me in the first quarter and a half. One play where my QB threw it and the WR was deep and he just didn't find the ball. I guess I should have taken control myself. I don't usually like to do that when it looks like it is an automatic catch (defender 5 yards behind). And then I felt like throwing my controller across the room when my HB fumbled. And that one INT I was like "why did my great, accurate QB overthrow that wide open WR and into the hands of the defender?"

Of course, that TO that the game didn't let you call at the end was a crappy deal for you. Weird things in this game. No guarantee that you would have scored had you been able to call a TO there anyway. Only 1 second left to gain 10 or so yards to score a TD.

It was a great game and the right team won. :D

good game. i should have stopped you on 4th and 15 but instead your running back cathes a pass, breaks some tackles and then runs 70 yards for the touchdown to give you the lead. also, i could not keep my Safeties deep enough, #37 kept getting behind them. i ended up manually controlling them and made sure i didn't get beat deep again.

In other news - This will be my last season at Texas and Missouri. I'm hanging up the cleats until the new NCAA game comes out. It has been a pleasure playing with everyone (not named Mecca, lol) and i hope to see you all in NCAA 2010. :)

Lzen
05-23-2009, 08:55 AM
good game. i should have stopped you on 4th and 15 but instead your running back cathes a pass, breaks some tackles and then runs 70 yards for the touchdown to give you the lead. also, i could not keep my Safeties deep enough, #37 kept getting behind them. i ended up manually controlling them and made sure i didn't get beat deep again.

In other news - This will be my last season at Texas and Missouri. I'm hanging up the cleats until the new NCAA game comes out. It has been a pleasure playing with everyone (not named Mecca, lol) and i hope to see you all in NCAA 2010. :)

Yeah, that WR has pretty good speed. :) Now I just need another one or two with that kind of speed. That play I made on 4th and 15 was pretty amazing. I didn't think I was gonna get a first down, but I had to try something. That sack a play or two earlier really hurt.

Sry to see you go. You just wanting more free time or time to play other games? When 2010 comes out and we start new NCAA dynasty, you want in?

The only thing that will suck for me as a KU fan is when 2010 comes out, I am back to square one. Hopefully, they give KU a little more credit this year. If those retards give Dezmon Briscoe 80 for speed again, I may go postal at EA HQ. :bang:

KcGopher
05-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Sry to see you go. You just wanting more free time or time to play other games? When 2010 comes out and we start new NCAA dynasty, you want in?

The only thing that will suck for me as a KU fan is when 2010 comes out, I am back to square one. Hopefully, they give KU a little more credit this year. If those retards give Dezmon Briscoe 80 for speed again, I may go postal at EA HQ. :bang:

yeah hit me up when 2010 comes out. i sent you and Diddy my e-mail address to reach me at in case i'm not on XBL for awhile. Just don't be spamming me with p0rn. ok, you can send p0rn. but only the good stuff. :)

J Diddy
05-25-2009, 02:14 AM
yeah hit me up when 2010 comes out. i sent you and Diddy my e-mail address to reach me at in case i'm not on XBL for awhile. Just don't be spamming me with p0rn. ok, you can send p0rn. but only the good stuff. :)

if I had good porn I wouldn't have time to play video games

Hey Lzen what're we gonna do, try to recruit or what?

Lzen
05-25-2009, 02:53 PM
if I had good porn I wouldn't have time to play video games

Hey Lzen what're we gonna do, try to recruit or what?

Bowl games are ready. Tennessee and Kansas are in the national championship game after Texas and Bama.

J Diddy
05-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Bowl games are ready. Tennessee and Kansas are in the national championship game after Texas and Bama.

no i meant more players

Lzen
05-25-2009, 08:53 PM
no i meant more players

I can do that if you think that I should.

J Diddy
05-26-2009, 12:16 AM
I can do that if you think that I should.

I think it would make it more fun.

J Diddy
05-26-2009, 02:53 AM

I say I make a bet with gopher if i win he stays. If I lose he stays.

BTW....

It looks like ku and ksu play in feedback so when you want to dance partner?

Tuesday night is about the only night that will work for me.

Lzen
05-26-2009, 08:29 AM
I say I make a bet with gopher if i win he stays. If I lose he stays.

BTW....

It looks like ku and ksu play in feedback so when you want to dance partner?

Tuesday night is about the only night that will work for me.

I can probably play tonight. What time is good for you? I am finally starting to install cabinets in my kitchen. But I should be able to make some time for a matchup.

J Diddy
05-26-2009, 11:06 AM
I can probably play tonight. What time is good for you? I am finally starting to install cabinets in my kitchen. But I should be able to make some time for a matchup.

We can try it later on tonight, possibly 9? That'll give you an opportunity to wear yourself out working hard on cabinets and give me some sort of an advantage.

Lzen
05-26-2009, 12:00 PM
We can try it later on tonight, possibly 9? That'll give you an opportunity to wear yourself out working hard on cabinets and give me some sort of an advantage.

Heh heh. Maybe so. Man, I am more pissed that I should be undefeated. Rather than kicking the FG with just a couple seconds on the clock (which would have tied and sent the game into OT), I went for the win. I had 5 WR formation and he used goal line formation. Had a WR wide open out to the left. QB threw it just a little too far to the outside. Should have just caught the ball and walked the 1 or 2 yards into the endzone. Instead, the throw forced the WR to step out of bounds. Game over. :cuss:

J Diddy
05-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Heh heh. Maybe so. Man, I am more pissed that I should be undefeated. Rather than kicking the FG with just a couple seconds on the clock (which would have tied and sent the game into OT), I went for the win. I had 5 WR formation and he used goal line formation. Had a WR wide open out to the left. QB threw it just a little too far to the outside. Should have just caught the ball and walked the 1 or 2 yards into the endzone. Instead, the throw forced the WR to step out of bounds. Game over. :cuss:

Don't feel too bad, he put an old school wood shed whipping on me. For some reason or another I tried to go with a new defensive alignment rather than stick to the 4-3--didn't work out at all.

Lzen
05-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Don't feel too bad, he put an old school wood shed whipping on me. For some reason or another I tried to go with a new defensive alignment rather than stick to the 4-3--didn't work out at all.

Never change what you normally do the week leading up to a big game. Do that when you start a new season.

Lzen
05-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Hey beach tribe. When you wanna play the national championship game? This is what you have been waiting for. No?

Lzen
05-27-2009, 08:33 AM
beach tribe,
The time has finally come. Tennessee vs Kansas for all the marbles. When do you wanna do this thing?

P.S.
Clear your smokes, dude.

KcGopher
05-27-2009, 09:28 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mr. Arrowhead
05-27-2009, 09:55 PM
you all gonna start a league for 2010 when it comes out, if you do i want in

J Diddy
05-27-2009, 10:00 PM

oh yeah

Lzen
05-27-2009, 10:07 PM

Yep.

J Diddy
05-29-2009, 03:36 AM
so did you all play your game or what

Lzen
05-29-2009, 08:09 AM
No. He has had to work quite a bit the last couple days. The plan is to try to hook up tomorrow.

beach tribe
05-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah guys, I'm slammed until Sat. Really looking forward to the game, but I think you probably have too much talent for me. I'm ranked 78 on defense 81 Offense. This team was engineered for next season.

Lzen
05-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Yeah guys, I'm slammed until Sat. Really looking forward to the game, but I think you probably have too much talent for me. I'm ranked 78 on defense 81 Offense. This team was engineered for next season.

That doesn't necessarily mean your team is less talented. Probably just younger talent. I look forward to Saturday, as well. I can't say for sure what time I will be online Saturday. I am still working on my kitchen remodel. But I would also like to get out and play some hoops since it is gonna be a beautiful day. If I had to guess, I would say most likely late afternoon or night.

J Diddy
05-29-2009, 10:36 AM
i'm gonna be out of town until sunday night on a camping trip, so when you do advance please take that in consideration

Lzen
05-29-2009, 11:09 AM
i'm gonna be out of town until sunday night on a camping trip, so when you do advance please take that in consideration

NP. I won't advance without letting you do your thing. It will probably be on recruiting week 1 when you get back. ;)

Lzen
05-29-2009, 07:12 PM
I put a couple of messages on the EA forums. Got a new player for each dynasty so far. If that doesn't drum up some more interest, I may have to go to the lobbies to try and recruit owners. Only problem with that is that you don't always attract the best type o players Gotta keep an eye on whoever we bring in to weed out any possible cheesers.

Silencedj21 is cool, though. I was once in another dynasty with him.

beach tribe
05-30-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm really sorry Lzen, the woman has me again.
I promise I'll play tomorrow. If it's any kind of explaination
I've been looking for this girl my entire life. She's the one.

Lzen
05-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Damn it!!

j/k

Actually, I totally forgot until just now. It's okay. I just cracked open a Sam Adams and am about to do a little relaxing. :)

beach tribe
05-31-2009, 02:58 PM
OK bro NC game. 4:30 eastern time waddya say?? 5:30? I'm getting on now to check for you. If you're on we gonna get it on.

Psst. I think you're gonna win.