PDA

View Full Version : Video Games NCAA 09 online dynasty started by HC Chief

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

J Diddy
09-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Damn Lzen,

it's just me and you then until okcchief and beachtribe get back....

Lzen
09-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Well damn that does suck. And HC won the national championship this past season. /shrug

I understand if it pisses you off on Mecca's dynasty. His settings don't allow you to play much defense. That is really pissing me off.

J Diddy, I advanced this morning. I guess when you are done, we can advance again.

Mecca
09-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Well damn that does suck. And HC won the national championship this past season. /shrug

I understand if it pisses you off on Mecca's dynasty. His settings don't allow you to play much defense. That is really pissing me off.

J Diddy, I advanced this morning. I guess when you are done, we can advance again.

I still don't understand this....I've finished 1st in overall defense 2 years running on those settings and held 99 overall rated Ohio State to 27 points.

Lzen
09-20-2008, 09:24 AM
I still don't understand this....I've finished 1st in overall defense 2 years running on those settings and held 99 overall rated Ohio State to 27 points.

I gave some examples in my post on your thread. I don't mind if the CPU does well because I made some bad calls or something. It's the BS CPU cheating and unrealistic crap that I don't like.

I wish I had that week 3 dynasty file saved so that I could try to take USC vs OSU in a game offline on your settings just to see. I am curious as to how how well I would do. I think the think that you don't understand is that the BS settings don't affect a team like USC much at all. Or perhaps, Mecca, you are just way too good. Somehow, I don't think that's it, though. I mean, yeah, you're very good at this game. Of that, I have no doubt. But I don't think that's all of it.

You guys talk like it's no big deal. Listen, I am not a newbie to football games. I have been playing Madden since the first one came out. The only thing about this version is that I hadn't played NCAA since 06 and I hadn't been playing a console version (been doing the CPU version of Madden 06, 07, & 08).

It's not that I'm unhappy with the game. I think it's a great game. Just that your settings are unrealistic. Look at some of the other scores for evidence (LSUallows Auburn 58 points, Missouri allows Buffalo 41 points). It's obviously not just me. You justified it by saying that the real KU gave up points against USF. Let's examine that, shall we?

First, the USF in this game is not rated as high as the real USF. Secondly, I don't mind if I lose (without all the BS CPU cheating, of course) to a quality team like USF at their house. It's when I struggle to keep down a team like Florida International or Louisiana Tech (at home, no less). Hell, I even gave up some yards to FCS Midwest. Albeit, I mass subbed backups about halfway through the 3rd quarter. Still, there is no way my team should allow that team anything, backups or not.

HC_Chief
09-20-2008, 10:34 AM

You use USC. I used them and rolled the competition with ease as well.

Look, this game is so full of freaking holes it should be called EA Sports NCAA Sieve 2009. CPU QBs are more accurate, RBs are Mack trucks with Ferrari speed, and CPU blockers vacuum-block, completely neutralizing defenders; that is, of course, unless it's CPU-aided players on the human side. They can't do ANY of that shit.

Last game I played I had ten incompletions to start the game, to ten wide open receivers, where the ball hit them in the hands. I know the receivers were wide open, because I dare not throw even remotely close to a defender.... they have some sort of football magnets installed in their hands which allows them to pick off a pass that's within 5 yds, even with their back to the play.

Don't give me some BS line that "it's close to reality, see how many points so & so scored against such & such team?". It's horseshit. Anyone who watches football, then watches this video game knows that this game is waaaay off. Perhaps not for you, oh mighty Mecca, cuase you have those uber L337 5k1llz (with this game's version of the Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl faid). That is, of course, unless you play someone who "cheats" or uses one of those "unrealistic playing styles". :rolleyes: You remember how big a tizzy you got into w/ JDiddy? That's how this game makes me feel every time I play against the CPU. It cheats like a mother(&*$#%er.

HC_Chief
09-20-2008, 11:42 AM
sorry Mecca, I don't mean to pick on you, it's not your fault and not you I'm pissed at. This game is just so unbalanced it drives me nuts. NCAA 2007 gameplay was way better than this version. I wish I would have kept that one.

Mecca
09-20-2008, 03:14 PM
You use USC. I used them and rolled the competition with ease as well.

Look, this game is so full of freaking holes it should be called EA Sports NCAA Sieve 2009. CPU QBs are more accurate, RBs are Mack trucks with Ferrari speed, and CPU blockers vacuum-block, completely neutralizing defenders; that is, of course, unless it's CPU-aided players on the human side. They can't do ANY of that shit.

Last game I played I had ten incompletions to start the game, to ten wide open receivers, where the ball hit them in the hands. I know the receivers were wide open, because I dare not throw even remotely close to a defender.... they have some sort of football magnets installed in their hands which allows them to pick off a pass that's within 5 yds, even with their back to the play.

Don't give me some BS line that "it's close to reality, see how many points so & so scored against such & such team?". It's horseshit. Anyone who watches football, then watches this video game knows that this game is waaaay off. Perhaps not for you, oh mighty Mecca, cuase you have those uber L337 5k1llz (with this game's version of the Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl faid). That is, of course, unless you play someone who "cheats" or uses one of those "unrealistic playing styles". :rolleyes: You remember how big a tizzy you got into w/ JDiddy? That's how this game makes me feel every time I play against the CPU. It cheats like a mother(&*$#%er.

You're using KU....I understand I'm using SC and you're using KU, the ratings of your players do obviously play into this. And if you blitz alot the computer will own you.

Lzen
09-20-2008, 03:29 PM
You're using KU....I understand I'm using SC and you're using KU, the ratings of your players do obviously play into this. And if you blitz alot the computer will own you.

Actually, HC was using West Virginia in this dynasty. Can't remember if he was using them in your dynasty, too.

Mecca
09-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Actually, HC was using West Virginia in this dynasty. Can't remember if he was using them in your dynasty, too.

He was and I've played a game with them....their defense is total ass. You should be able to score every drive because your QB has 90 speed and your RB is dynamic. Pat White is probably far and away the best video game QB of all time...but you can't stop anyone because their defense is slow and basically has no players.

Mecca
09-20-2008, 04:58 PM
If you guys need another player you can invite me.....but I'll take a worse team to build up give me...North Carolina.

J Diddy
09-20-2008, 05:32 PM
If you guys need another player you can invite me.....but I'll take a worse team to build up give me...North Carolina.

I'm cool w/ dat.

HC_Chief
09-20-2008, 07:14 PM
He was and I've played a game with them....their defense is total ass. You should be able to score every drive because your QB has 90 speed and your RB is dynamic. Pat White is probably far and away the best video game QB of all time...but you can't stop anyone because their defense is slow and basically has no players.

white is a fast runner but passing is nearly impossible with him. Devine is phenominal. The WVU receivers are slllooww and the OL is average at best. The D is crap. I rarely blitzed with them because they are so slow. Best plan with that D is to play cover 2

okcchief
09-20-2008, 11:43 PM
sorry Mecca, I don't mean to pick on you, it's not your fault and not you I'm pissed at. This game is just so unbalanced it drives me nuts. NCAA 2007 gameplay was way better than this version. I wish I would have kept that one.

I agree with you. The gameplay was better on NCAA 07 and Madden 07. These games look sexier but they aren't as fun to play IMO. The only thing that keeps me from playing the old ones is the online leagues.

Lzen
09-21-2008, 08:38 AM

Sure thing. What's your gamer tag?

j/k :D

J Diddy
09-21-2008, 09:16 AM
hey when we moving forward

Lzen
09-21-2008, 09:24 AM
hey when we moving forward

Ummm, let me get on there and take a looksee.

Lzen
09-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Another update? What did they do this time?

Lzen
09-21-2008, 11:07 AM
J Diddy, I am going to assume that you are finished. It shows you have 5 mins left, but I have done that before.

J Diddy
09-21-2008, 11:25 AM
J Diddy, I am going to assume that you are finished. It shows you have 5 mins left, but I have done that before.

finished with what?

I didn't play a dynasty game.

Lzen
09-21-2008, 11:27 AM
finished with what?

I didn't play a dynasty game.

No, I meant 5 minutes left of your 10 hours of recruiting time. New week is ready.

J Diddy
09-21-2008, 11:30 AM
No, I meant 5 minutes left of your 10 hours of recruiting time. New week is ready.

oh my bad
doing it now

J Diddy
09-21-2008, 11:52 AM
got pos changes done

Lzen
09-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Ok, I have the preseason stuff done. Even have some non conference games that are Human vs Human. Hopefully, our other 2 humans are back soon. Just need J Diddy to finish preseason stuff and Mecca to accept invite.

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Ok, I have the preseason stuff done. Even have some non conference games that are Human vs Human. Hopefully, our other 2 humans are back soon. Just need J Diddy to finish preseason stuff and Mecca to accept invite.

I'll get on there in a minute. Wondering if Mecca was serious about playing North Carolina.

Lzen
09-22-2008, 05:20 PM
I'll get on there in a minute. Wondering if Mecca was serious about playing North Carolina.

Heh, I invited him 2 or 3 days ago and he has yet to accept.

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Heh, I invited him 2 or 3 days ago and he has yet to accept.

I noticed you started me out against him.

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Hey mecca,

you gonna play and if so when you want to play?

Mecca
09-22-2008, 08:38 PM
I haven't been on.....I'll do it when Raw is over so 10 oclock....

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 09:16 PM
I haven't been on.....I'll do it when Raw is over so 10 oclock....

Is that when you want to play me?

Psst....

Raw's fake.

Mecca
09-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Is that when you want to play me?

Psst....

Raw's fake.

Shutup!

Wait I have to play you?

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Shutup!

Wait I have to play you?

Game 1 big dog.

Mecca
09-22-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh great my team probably sucks balls too.....this'll be fun.

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Oh great my team probably sucks balls too.....this'll be fun.

If it makes you feel better I lost my qb & my 2 starting wr and most of my offensive line

Offensively I'm much weaker then I was

Mecca
09-22-2008, 09:26 PM
If it makes you feel better I lost my qb & my 2 starting wr and most of my offensive line

Offensively I'm much weaker then I was

You have to have good recruits though....Penn State is a big name school that can pull 5 star guys.

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 09:33 PM
You have to have good recruits though....Penn State is a big name school that can pull 5 star guys.

Yeah I got 2, most of my recruits were 4 star-- alot of 4 star recruits

Mecca
09-22-2008, 09:36 PM
You're probably going to whip my ass...

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 09:37 PM
You're probably going to whip my ass...

gee

I hope so...

but somehow doubt it.

Mecca
09-22-2008, 09:39 PM
gee

I hope so...

but somehow doubt it.

LOL, dude I bet you have backups better than my starters...even if you are the ultimate at playing this game you still need players to make it work.

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 09:42 PM
LOL, dude I bet you have backups better than my starters...even if you are the ultimate at playing this game you still need players to make it work.

I dunno, really didn't check it out----it's been so long since i've played a game in this dynasty i'm not sure if i remember the playbook or not

I think i've played 1 game in the last 3 weeks

Mecca
09-22-2008, 09:46 PM
I dunno, really didn't check it out----it's been so long since i've played a game in this dynasty i'm not sure if i remember the playbook or not

I think i've played 1 game in the last 3 weeks

Jesus what were you guys doing? Offseason stuff?

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Jesus what were you guys doing? Offseason stuff?

I finished up 3 weeks earlier than any one else, then the 3 weeks of bowls then the offseason stuff

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 10:14 PM
HOLY SHIT

I quickpitched an hour and offered a scholarship and landed 2 five star DT and a 5 star guard to hard commits

Lzen
09-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Man, I hate the one programming glitch with this game. I can't tell you how many times this has happened. Seems like I can be going along smoothly. I watch the replay and the game freezes up when I go out of the instant replay function. I was up 20 (about to be 21) to 0. Oh well, I guess I will just have to do it again.

Lzen
09-22-2008, 10:19 PM
The other thing that sucks is that I had knocked out their starting QB. :banghead:

Lzen
09-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Damn, Reesing is out for 2 weeks.

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 11:05 PM
good game, mecca

:cuss:

3 plays I wish I could have back and 2 of them were screens

Lzen
09-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Wow, I just looked at UNC's roster. They aren't half bad, really.

Mecca, as soon as you guys get your recruiting done, we can move on. I can play you (wk2) anytime in the evening. I will be gone tomorrow evening from about 6:30-8:30, though.

I was kind of hoping beach tribe and okcchief would be back soon. Anybody have any idea when beach tribe is getting back from Germany?

J Diddy
09-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Wow, I just looked at UNC's roster. They aren't half bad, really.

Mecca, as soon as you guys get your recruiting done, we can move on. I can play you (wk2) anytime in the evening. I will be gone tomorrow evening from about 6:30-8:30, though.

I was kind of hoping beach tribe and okcchief would be back soon. Anybody have any idea when beach tribe is getting back from Germany?

I thought he said 2 or 3 weeks

UNC wasn't really that bad, but the story of the game were 2 screen plays that he got 50+ yards on and a pick (dumb pick) I threw right before the half

Mecca
09-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Recruiting with UNC isn't exactly easy....and I lose Marvin Austin after the year which sucks.

Lets play tomorrow I won't be doing anything, and yes that was a good game, there were a few plays there on defense when I felt like I had you guessing as to what I was doing compared to my allignment.

okcchief
09-22-2008, 11:57 PM
They shipped back my xbox today and the est arrival date is on Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll be back in business then.

Lzen
09-23-2008, 09:04 AM
They shipped back my xbox today and the est arrival date is on Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll be back in business then.

Sweet!

Lzen
09-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Ready to go anytime, Mecca. If we don't get it on here in the next hour, we will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

Mecca
09-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Ready to go anytime, Mecca. If we don't get it on here in the next hour, we will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

You can't play at 10? I was going to watch something at 9...

Lzen
09-23-2008, 08:53 PM
You can't play at 10? I was going to watch something at 9...

What? You don't have a DVR? :p Naw, that's ok...we can play at 10pm.

Mecca
09-23-2008, 08:58 PM

Ok I'll see you a few minutes after 10....I hope your team isn't like dominant after a year of recruiting.

Lzen
09-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Ok I'll see you a few minutes after 10....I hope your team isn't like dominant after a year of recruiting.

Lol, no. Your team is actually more talented. I have some young players on defense. I think they will be good, but not this year.

J Diddy
09-23-2008, 09:17 PM

Um, probably not a good thing to have me scheduled against beach tribe so early. I think he's still gone.

btw, mecca you gonna advance the other dynasty or what?

Mecca
09-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Um, probably not a good thing to have me scheduled against beach tribe so early. I think he's still gone.

Yea I'll do it tonight, the one guy hadn't played and it was 11:30 so I thought I'd give him another day.

J Diddy
09-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Yea I'll do it tonight, the one guy hadn't played and it was 11:30 so I thought I'd give him another day.

oh okay, I just remember you saying Sunday.

Lzen
09-23-2008, 09:32 PM

Yeah, I know. I was really hoping that he was going to be back. Oh well, you might just have to play against the CPU.

Mecca
09-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Ok that's some bullshit....I was winning 28-7 and your connection jacks up so the game ends....

Is your connection that horrible? Cause frankly all it's doing is pissing me off.

Lzen
09-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Ok that's some bullshit....I was winning 28-7 and your connection jacks up so the game ends....

Is your connection that horrible? Cause frankly all it's doing is pissing me off.

Dude, it was 7-7 at half. Lag like that has always screwed me up. Did the same thing playing my nephew when he was having router problems. Didn't start lagging til second half. wtf?

Lzen
09-23-2008, 11:09 PM
BTW, my connection should be fine. I have a Linksys WRT54GL router that is only 6 months old. It has great reviews pretty much anywhere you look.

Lzen
09-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Screw this. I'm going to bed. You guys can decide what to do with it. I don't have a problem with you beating me fair and square. But if there is ridiculous lag like that, that is a weak W.

J Diddy, did you have any lag when you played me last week? I don't remember having any lag. Did you have any lag when you played Mecca.

There is nobody else on my network tonight, either. So, there should be nothing holding me up.

Mecca
09-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Considering I have a 1%DNF% and I've played Diddy about 500 times with no problems....I've never once had anyone say my connection is an issue.

I'm was just assuming it was yours since you always have the restarted games and I don't.

okcchief
09-23-2008, 11:30 PM
I got my xbox back today but I don't think I'm going to continue with these dynasties. I don't enjoy the game enough to put up with all the fighting and finger pointing. Just take me out.

p

Lzen
09-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Considering I have a 1%DNF% and I've played Diddy about 500 times with no problems....I've never once had anyone say my connection is an issue.

I'm was just assuming it was yours since you always have the restarted games and I don't.

My restart issue is not always. It's every so often and it is not a connection issue. It has something to do with a glitch when you look at the replay. The game just freezes. That has only happened to me against CPU opponents, btw, and it has happened in offline dynasty play as well as online.

Also, I checked the status of my connection last night after that. It showed that my connection was very good. There was only my 360 taking bandwidth last night. No other PCs were in use. None. So that leaves me to my next question.

Do you live with anyone else? Were they online while we were playing? Perhaps downloading something? How secure is your network? Could a neighbor be stealing your bandwidth?

Mecca
09-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Mine is always fine, in the 2 years I've had Xbox Live my connection has kicked me off 1 time...I always have a full 3 green bar connection when I look, I never have connection issues.

And I had way more to lose from that than you did since I had the game wrapped up.

Lzen
09-24-2008, 08:23 AM
I got my xbox back today but I don't think I'm going to continue with these dynasties. I don't enjoy the game enough to put up with all the fighting and finger pointing. Just take me out.

All of the fighting? You mean the one with Mecca and J Diddy as well this deal last night? Heh, well. I suppose one should consider the common denominator in both cases. Frankly, I am not angry. I just didn't like the lag. My offense is based a lot on timing. Of course most are, but mine is especially reliant on it. Lag totally screws with that timing. That is all. I would be perfectly willing to replay the game.

If you don't want to be in this I won't beg you to stay or anything. I would like to ask one question, though. Were you enjoying this dynasty before your 360 got the RROD and you had to send it in to be fixed?

Mecca
09-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Are you really going to take a pot shot at me.....I just don't appreciate you going "oh well you were glitching me"

I'm sure timing had everything to do with you throwing a pick on a screen pass cause a covered and you chucked it downfield.

Lzen
09-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Mine is always fine, in the 2 years I've had Xbox Live my connection has kicked me off 1 time...I always have a full 3 green bar connection when I look, I never have connection issues.

And I had way more to lose from that than you did since I had the game wrapped up.

Did you see my DNF %? Yeah, that's right. 0% If you are suggesting that I did something intentionally to cause the connection to lag and subsequently disconnect, then you can go f*** yourself. And if you are suggesting that, I would say that you are being a baby again. Just like when Diddy beat you that time. I find it funny because now that I see how you play, I can clearly see that you are a big old hypocrite. You whine about others doing "gimmicky" stuff (mostly offenses such as spread or fast QBs running to the sidelines) yet your defense is predicated on a "gimmicky" look. It simply takes advantage of the fact that most people haven't seen that and therefore don't know how to attack it. I guarantee that if I had some time to study what you were doing on defense, I could have figured out better ways to attack it. That and the fact that your best offensive play are the WR and HB screens. I would recognize them soon enough but just could not get off the block because EA seems to think that vacuum blocking is cool.

I have to admit that the thought did cross my mind that the lag was intentional on your part since it started up in the 2nd half. There was barely any (there was some, but it was very minimal) in the first half and the halftime score was 7-7. Hell, I should have been up if not for a partly stupid decision and partly an inaccurate throw.

I didn't start looking until I started getting suspicious, but I also noticed something else. I also noticed that on your last scoring drive, you didn't have any lag while on offense. As soon as you kicked the ball to me, the lag returned. Was that a coincidence? Yeah, probably so. But one might just as easily suspect otherwise.

Yeah, you were up 28-7 and were most likely going to win. But it was early in the 4th quarter. I was driving and running hurry up. Why is that when I started running hurry up offense for the first time in the game and I converted that 4th down that the connection was lost? The game gave me the option to continue against the CPU to finish it. Why would it give me that option if it was my connection that was the issue? Any time I have ever seen that, it has always given that option to the person whose connection did not get lost.

All of those things were fishy, for sure. That and the fact that Kerry Meier is nowhere near the passer that Reesing is. But I am not going to suggest that you were cheating, Mecca, because I can show my opponent respect instead of acting like a little girl.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 08:45 AM
If you line up in 4 and 5 WR's nearly every play I'm going to give you 3 down lineman every time....that's how I play anyone who has a spread team, there is no point in lining up in basic defenses against that. And I'm surely going to give it to you when you are in passing situations losing.

And I'm throwing screens because my team isn't very good, you can ask Diddy how many screens I throw when I use SC.

I don't know if calling me a girl is very respectful but hey whatever.

Lzen
09-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Are you really going to take a pot shot at me.....I just don't appreciate you going "oh well you were glitching me"

I'm sure timing had everything to do with you throwing a pick on a screen pass cause a covered and you chucked it downfield.

Yeah, that was dumb. I should have just ran with it. Meier is a better runner than passer. That was one of the few times where you recognized the screen and I didn't have anywhere to go with it. But that was not all of it. Once the lag starts and things don't react instantly, I tend to get discombobulated. Same thing happened when I played my nephew. I would be doing fine against him and then the lag issue would come up and I couldn't do anything right. They have since replace their router, btw. It was a very old model (Dlink DI 524)that just could not handle the ever increasing number of clients.

Lzen
09-24-2008, 08:50 AM
If you line up in 4 and 5 WR's nearly every play I'm going to give you 3 down lineman every time....that's how I play anyone who has a spread team, there is no point in lining up in basic defenses against that. And I'm surely going to give it to you when you are in passing situations losing.

And I'm throwing screens because my team isn't very good, you can ask Diddy how many screens I throw when I use SC.

It's not just about 3 down linemen. It's about having 8 in the box and still being able to defend the pass. Looked kind of like a 4-6. And you were running that when the score was close. So what does that have to do with it?

And hey:

Just sending the shit right back at ya.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 08:51 AM
I hate playing with the lag....trust me it is not something I seek out or want to play with going on. I've almost missed extra points before because of it.

I've had lagging problems in roughly 3% of my games and those were all chalked to my opponent as they would leave after.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 08:52 AM
It's not just about 3 down linemen. It's about having 8 in the box and still being able to defend the pass. Looked kind of like a 4-6. And you were running that when the score was close. So what does that have to do with it?

Are you saying I should lineup in a 4-3 against a 5 WR look?

Lzen
09-24-2008, 08:56 AM
What do you want to do? Sim it? Play it? I would even say you could replay it against the CPU since you were winning, but I don't trust the CPU to not screw me up (injuries or ridiculous loss, etc.). Is there something to be done or are we just going to continue to throw out shots like a couple of politicians running a campaign?

Lzen
09-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Are you saying I should lineup in a 4-3 against a 5 WR look?

I am not suggesting you do anything. Well, other than don't whine about others when they do things differently that you don't like. You play how you play. You adjust to your opponent. I wasn't telling you how to play. But I don't believe the spread offense is the devil, either. ;)

Mecca
09-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Uh I dunno....

Also I'll explain something to you, what I do on defense against another person and the computer are different. Playing another person is more about deception and playcalling especially with a less talented team.

I showed you blitz and blitzed I showed you blitz and didn't blitz, I showed you a base look and blitzed. I mixed it up, just because you see my whole team on the line doesn't mean they aren't dropping out...

Plus any time you face a spread you have to play in a nickel dime and quarter look the entire game I'd rather give up a 5 yard run than a 30 yard pass.

Lzen
09-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Uh I dunno....

Also I'll explain something to you, what I do on defense against another person and the computer are different. Playing another person is more about deception and playcalling especially with a less talented team.

I showed you blitz and blitzed I showed you blitz and didn't blitz, I showed you a base look and blitzed. I mixed it up, just because you see my whole team on the line doesn't mean they aren't dropping out...

Plus any time you face a spread you have to play in a nickel dime and quarter look the entire game I'd rather give up a 5 yard run than a 30 yard pass.

A less talented team? How do you figure? Your team is more talented then mine. And yeah, I know all about that deception stuff. Dude, I am not some 12 year old that has never played football. You tend to act like you are the all knowing football god and that nobody else understands football like you. I suppose you don't mean to act like an ass. It's just your arrogance shining through. In case you didn't notice, I did some things to screw with you, too. But I suppose giving someone else some credit would hurt your ego too much.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Look you asked me how I was able to defend the pass with 8 in the box I just explained it, no need to get all upset about it, you asked.

And yes North Carolina is far less talented than what I'm use to, none of these guys would start on the team I usually play with.

Lzen
09-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Is reading comprehension difficult for you? I did not ask you anything about how you were able to defend. I was simply making an observation about your defensive look which, quite frankly, I had not seen before.

Look you asked me how I was able to defend the pass with 8 in the box I just explained it, no need to get all upset about it, you asked.

You whine about others doing "gimmicky" stuff (mostly offenses such as spread or fast QBs running to the sidelines) yet your defense is predicated on a "gimmicky" look. It simply takes advantage of the fact that most people haven't seen that and therefore don't know how to attack it. I guarantee that if I had some time to study what you were doing on defense, I could have figured out better ways to attack it.

And yes North Carolina is far less talented than what I'm use to, none of these guys would start on the team I usually play with.

What does USC have to do with anything here? So what if UNC is less talented than what you're used to? I guess that just shows that you can play with a lesser team. Challenging is good.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 09:13 AM
I don't understand how that's a gimmicky look, you're giving me 4 and 5 WR's wouldn't you expect to get a DB heavy look?

Lzen
09-24-2008, 09:14 AM
I don't understand how that's a gimmicky look, you're giving me 4 and 5 WR's wouldn't you expect to get a DB heavy look?

I was not referring to the personnel.

Lzen
09-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Look, I have had enough of this arguing. It is getting us nowhere. What do you suggest we do? Obviously, the game did not get saved because of the lost connection.

BTW, you never did answer my questions about whether you had someone else using your network last night. Was there anyone else on your network last night? Girlfriend? Roommate? Neighbor? Perhaps you were DLing something on the laptop? Please be completely honest here.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 09:17 AM
So you don't like my presnap movement?

And no one else is on my network....um I dunno I'm not playing any games now though maybe later.

Lzen
09-24-2008, 09:27 AM
So you don't like my presnap movement?.

Lol. That's not exactly what I said. Tha presnap movement didn't bother me that much. I have seen that before. If I had seen that defensive formation more, then I would know how to attack it. I don't play much online against other humans and the CPU teams never run that. Human opponents rarely run a formation like that. I guess that's why real teams use game film. ;)

And no one else is on my network....um I dunno I'm not playing any games now though maybe later.

Well, if you want to replay it, I won't be on until tonight. Perhaps then. Or if you want to replay against the CPU since we can't seem to agree on the lag issue, that would be fine by me....with some conditions. Make sure that there aren't some ridiculous stats and/or injuries to my team. You decide and let me know what we're doing about this game.

J Diddy
09-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Guys really. It's a football game and between xbox live and ea servers especially the dynasty servers lag happens. I don't think either one of you were cheating.

Personally sounds like a good game, since you all got each other all frustrated and such.

:thumb:

okcchief
09-24-2008, 11:07 AM
My biggest problem is the finger pointing. I don't care how somebody beats me. I will man up and take the loss and try to learn from it. A lot of college teams run the spread or their QB so I have no problem with people doing it here. I have had no problem of this when playing you or JDiddy but I have a feeling if I beat Mecca I would have to defend myself on every play I called throughout the game even though I don't do any of that stuff at all but I'm sure there would be some other reason.

I do understand wanting games as realistic as possible but I don't think running the spread or you QB does that either. It is well documented that less talented teams do this stuff to even the playing field so I don't see why it should be any different here.

I have played in another dynasty where none of this fighting has gone on and it's much more enjoyable. I even got destroyed by Tim Tebow and didn't care. I actually learned how to stop him as the game went on. To me that is fun. Hearing everyone make excuses for their losses is just childish bs to me. If you guys would lighten up and play for fun I would be all about this. Otherwise it's not fun to me.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 11:09 AM
I haven't complained in months.....Diddy knows I was just having a moment.

J Diddy
09-24-2008, 11:10 AM
My biggest problem is the finger pointing. I don't care how somebody beats me. I will man up and take the loss and try to learn from it. A lot of college teams run the spread or their QB so I have no problem with people doing it here. I have had no problem of this when playing you or JDiddy but I have a feeling if I beat Mecca I would have to defend myself on every play I called throughout the game even though I don't do any of that stuff at all but I'm sure there would be some other reason.

I do understand wanting games as realistic as possible but I don't think running the spread or you QB does that either. It is well documented that less talented teams do this stuff to even the playing field so I don't see why it should be any different here.

I have played in another dynasty where none of this fighting has gone on and it's much more enjoyable. I even got destroyed by Tim Tebow and didn't care. I actually learned how to stop him as the game went on. To me that is fun. Hearing everyone make excuses for their losses is just childish bs to me. If you guys would lighten up and play for fun I would be all about this. Otherwise it's not fun to me.

What is this "fun" you speak of? There is no fun in football only domination.

okcchief
09-24-2008, 11:14 AM
What is this "fun" you speak of? There is no fun in football only domination.

If we were playing football I would agree. We are playing a video game and I tend to play those for fun. Call me crazy.

Lzen
09-24-2008, 12:49 PM

You're right. This is childish BS. Personally, I was mainly irritated with what I perceived as an insinuation that I disconnected on purpose. When I feel someone is misrepresenting me, I tend to not hold back what I think. Sorry about that. I won't argue about this anymore. Like I said earlier, I will leave it up to Mecca how he wishes to proceed with this game.

As far as the other items, I do have control over scheduling non conference games. If there is someone you do not wish to play, I can make sure that is not a problem. Unless, of course, you meet in a bowl game. I have played you and we had a good game. I have no ill will toward you and would like it if you stick around.

okcchief
09-24-2008, 01:47 PM
You're right. This is childish BS. Personally, I was mainly irritated with what I perceived as an insinuation that I disconnected on purpose. When I feel someone is misrepresenting me, I tend to not hold back what I think. Sorry about that. I won't argue about this anymore. Like I said earlier, I will leave it up to Mecca how he wishes to proceed with this game.

As far as the other items, I do have control over scheduling non conference games. If there is someone you do not wish to play, I can make sure that is not a problem. Unless, of course, you meet in a bowl game. I have played you and we had a good game. I have no ill will toward you and would like it if you stick around.

I don't hold any ill will either and the fighting is only partially why I don't want to go on. I don't have the excitement to play in 3 dynasties at one time anymore. I would rather use the time to do something else. I'm playing in a WAC only dynasty that is a lot more fun because you play people more often and the teams are pretty even. So I'm going to stick with that one and drop in the rest.

Good luck to everybody.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2008, 05:53 PM
1) Lag sucks for all parties involved
2) People need to stop taking this shit so personally
3) 8 in the box is an easy look to emulate with a dime or nickel by showing blitz or playing press coverage.
4) When people suddenly drop when down 3 scores it looks fishy. However, it doesn't mean that they did it on purpose, it's just that punk bitches do it on live all the time.

Kiss and make up.

Lzen
09-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Well that was a very good game. Mecca did win it in OT by a score of 21-14. My freshman receiver just couldn't hang onto that pass in the end zone to put it into double OT.

It's obvious why Kerry Meier is not the starting QB. Sure, he does alright most of the time. But once in awhile he throws an inaccurate pass. I had a chance to win in regulation if Meier's pass had not been behind the wide open receiver. That would have put me in FG range with under half a minute left. I even made sure that I stopped, set, and threw in order to throw an accurate pass. :banghead: Oh well. I'll be glad when Reesing gets back in a couple of weeks.

J Diddy, I guess you can go ahead and play your game. I put him on autopilot.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 08:50 PM
I'll recruit a little later on you aren't advancing till tomorrow right?

J Diddy
09-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Well that was a very good game. Mecca did win it in OT by a score of 21-14. My freshman receiver just couldn't hang onto that pass in the end zone to put it into double OT.

It's obvious why Kerry Meier is not the starting QB. Sure, he does alright most of the time. But once in awhile he throws an inaccurate pass. I had a chance to win in regulation if Meier's pass had not been behind the wide open receiver. That would have put me in FG range with under half a minute left. I even made sure that I stopped, set, and threw in order to throw an accurate pass. :banghead: Oh well. I'll be glad when Reesing gets back in a couple of weeks.

J Diddy, I guess you can go ahead and play your game. I put him on autopilot.

won't be able to play until later; maybe even tomorrow night. Wife's having movie night :banghead:

Lzen
09-24-2008, 10:05 PM
That's okay, guys. We'll move when you are ready. Hopefully, that will be tomorrow.

J Diddy
09-24-2008, 10:55 PM
That's okay, guys. We'll move when you are ready. Hopefully, that will be tomorrow.

I've got to go out of town until about 8 or 9 tomorrow, so I'll get my game done but it will be late

Lzen
09-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Diddy played his game.

Mecca, if you would just take care of your recruiting, we could move to next week.

Mecca
09-26-2008, 01:52 AM
I recruited, I did it right after the SC game was over...

Mecca
09-26-2008, 05:23 AM
I'm also going to add this if after a few years I've made that team really good I'm probably going to want to swap teams, hey that's a good idea build a couple schools up during a dynasty.

Lzen
09-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Ok, the week is advanced. J Diddy, I am off today so if you want to hook up and play, let me know. Won't be on this evening, though, as I will be attending my nephew's HS football game.

Mecca
09-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Did you notice I have something like 6 out of 7 games on the road to open the year?

Lzen
09-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Did you notice I have something like 6 out of 7 games on the road to open the year?

Well, yeah I did notice that. I wasn't trying to do that on purpose. Your schedule was kind of difficult for a couple of reasons.

We try to set up a couple of human to human games in the non conference schedule. Typically, non con scheduling is done to give the weaker opponent the home game. I guess I gave Diddy the home game, though, since you seem to be the better player. Tell ya what. I won't do that again like that next year. I will just give the weaker rated team the home game regardless.

The other thing is that your conference is weird. Notice you start conference play week 3. Your first 4 conference games are road games. As you know, I have no control over the scheduling of conference games.

The plus side to all of this is that you finish with 5 out of 6 games at home. I suspect you will come out of this pretty well. ;)

Lzen
09-26-2008, 09:18 AM
BTW, do you guys mind if I see about recruiting some more players from the EA forums? As it is now, we only have 4 and beach tribe is not here at the moment.

Mecca
09-26-2008, 09:19 AM
I wasn't really complaining I saw that and went whoa that's weird....the only thing I noticed is I have Tennessee on the road too.....

It's not a big deal with NC since all their rivals are in conference I was in one online dynasty where one of my rivals was a non con team and the commish took it away from me to give me a user game and I was like oh gee thanks **** up my recruiting.

Lzen
09-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Holy cow!! I just saw the USC score scroll across the bottom. WTF happened?

Mecca
09-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Holy cow!! I just saw the USC score scroll across the bottom. WTF happened?

Don't remind me..I've already taken enough shit as it is.

I took out my frustration on them in the online dynasty rolling them 52-13.

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Ok, the week is advanced. J Diddy, I am off today so if you want to hook up and play, let me know. Won't be on this evening, though, as I will be attending my nephew's HS football game.

I won't be home until late tonight and tomorrow is my birthday so I've got plans

how about sunday after the chiefs loss

Lzen
09-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Don't remind me..I've already taken enough shit as it is.

I took out my frustration on them in the online dynasty rolling them 52-13.

Eh, I wasn't gonna give you shit. That's the thing about being a sports fan. We can follow and support our team. But we have no control over what they do on the field.

Mecca
09-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Eh, I wasn't gonna give you shit. That's the thing about being a sports fan. We can follow and support our team. But we have no control over what they do on the field.

Well thank you then, that reminds me of this time I was defending being a Chiefs fan to someone by saying "do I look like the ****ing GM? it isn't my fault the players suck"

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 09:37 AM
I wasn't really complaining I saw that and went whoa that's weird....the only thing I noticed is I have Tennessee on the road too.....

It's not a big deal with NC since all their rivals are in conference I was in one online dynasty where one of my rivals was a non con team and the commish took it away from me to give me a user game and I was like oh gee thanks **** up my recruiting.

Tennessee is gonna be tough once beach tribe gets back, he had some monster recruits last year.

My team is so weak on offense short of my running back that it is hard to score. My defense is a monster though, so i'm reverting to Marty ball.

It will just get better with my 2 5 star d tackles

Mecca
09-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Tennessee is gonna be tough once beach tribe gets back, he had some monster recruits last year.

My team is so weak on offense short of my running back that it is hard to score. My defense is a monster though, so i'm reverting to Marty ball.

I'm not worried about that when you use a team like Tennessee odds are most of his recruits won't start until their 2nd or 3rd year, the team starts very talented other than at WR.

Mecca
09-26-2008, 09:41 AM

I want to throw this in, look at their speed and acceleration listings because I got this 5 star DT in my offline one, he has 77 speed I was floored that's a ridiculous DT speed.

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 09:47 AM
I want to throw this in, look at their speed and acceleration listings because I got this 5 star DT in my offline one, he has 77 speed I was floored that's a ridiculous DT speed.

I'll check that out. That would be sweet tatas.

Here's a question: Would you start a 77 overall freshman qb with a 69 aware 91 throw power, 87 throw accuracy over a 85 overall junior with a 71 aware 91 thp, 85 tha

the only major diff is the jr. is a bit faster scrambling 70 vs 56

Mecca
09-26-2008, 09:49 AM
I'll check that out. That would be sweet tatas.

Here's a question: Would you start a 77 overall freshman qb with a 69 aware 91 throw power, 87 throw accuracy over a 85 overall junior with a 71 aware 91 thp, 85 tha

the only major diff is the jr. is a bit faster scrambling 70 vs 56

I'd have redshirted my freshman, that way you buy an extra year of offseason development. You stand about the same chance of winning with both so I'd try to buy the extra year of him getting better.

Lzen
09-26-2008, 09:54 AM
I agree with Mecca on that. Just like in Madden, the awareness rating of a QB doesn't mean much to me since I control that player every play. But that scrambling ability is definitely a big plus. I would RS the young QB. Well, that is unless he is your obvious 2nd best QB. Then you really can't because you will most likely need him to play some.

Mecca
09-26-2008, 09:56 AM
If you ever really wanna drive someone insane play like my brother does.....I'm sure people in his online dynasty want to kill him....and he doesn't really cheese it's the way he recruited the first year.

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 10:24 AM
If you ever really wanna drive someone insane play like my brother does.....I'm sure people in his online dynasty want to kill him....and he doesn't really cheese it's the way he recruited the first year.

hows that?

Mecca
09-26-2008, 10:28 AM
hows that?

You know how you have that backup QB formation sub you can switch to? Well he recruited 2 QB's one guy is a 6'4 5 star pocket passer, just a big white dude.....the other one is a 6' 4 star black dude with 87 speed, he switches them in and out with that formation sub...

The problem is, you won't ever know which QB is in till you see the offense come out of the huddle. He mostly runs/runs the option with the fast guy but he throws at times to keep the other team honest.

Now do you see how this could be frustrating as hell? I've thought about doing it myself but frankly it's extremely hard to get a fast QB on the game so if you ever can pull that off you'll be extremely hard to defend.

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 10:34 AM
You know how you have that backup QB formation sub you can switch to? Well he recruited 2 QB's one guy is a 6'4 5 star pocket passer, just a big white dude.....the other one is a 6' 4 star black dude with 87 speed, he switches them in and out with that formation sub...

The problem is, you won't ever know which QB is in till you see the offense come out of the huddle. He mostly runs/runs the option with the fast guy but he throws at times to keep the other team honest.

Now do you see how this could be frustrating as hell? I've thought about doing it myself but frankly it's extremely hard to get a fast QB on the game so if you ever can pull that off you'll be extremely hard to defend.

Now we know where herm got that shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:banghead:

Mecca
09-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Now we know where herm got that shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:banghead:

Lets just say it's way more effective on a video game than it is in real life.

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Lets just say it's way more effective on a video game than it is in real life.

Tell your brother to add a disclaimer to that shit.

Lzen
09-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Looks like I am home tonight after all, J Diddy. Whenever you want, we can hook up to play.

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Looks like I am home tonight after all, J Diddy. Whenever you want, we can hook up to play.

you gonna be on

Lzen
09-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I can be.

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 09:00 PM

I'm on now just let me know.

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey Lzen

maybe try again later
maybe that lag will go away

Mecca
09-27-2008, 12:54 AM
I just broke a record in my offline dynasty 417 yards receiving in a game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2008, 01:22 AM
I had 330 with Maclin in the National Championship game against BYU. They kept blitzing me and leaving single coverage with no safety over the top to help on Maclin.

Step back, lob it up, and let him run by his guy.

I beat da piss outta those bitches.

Lzen
09-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Hey Lzen

maybe try again later
maybe that lag will go away

Yeah, I don't know WTF that was all about. At first, I thought maybe it was my son. He was on the PC upstairs when we started the game. I made him get off right away but it still didn't help. I don't understand these lag issues. I checked in the lobbies after we lost connection and it showed I had 3 bars.

I did adjust one thing. I isolated my 360 to the DMZ on my router. Didn't realize but when I set it up, I had DHCP range covering my DMZ ISP. In other words, the last IP in my DHCP range was also the DMZ IP. Not sure if changing this setting will help but I'm hoping that is all there is to it. I guess we will see.

These problems can be so hard to figure out sometimes because I don't know if they are on my end or on the other player's end. Or even perhaps it could have something to do with the EA servers.

The other day the connection was lost against Mecca. We tried again the very next evening and everything was fine. I don't think I changed anything in my router settings that time. /shrug

Lzen
09-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Have a buddy at work. We played Madden PC for the past 3 years. He had one WR get something like 570 yards in a game. This is on Madden level (yes, with some AI adjustments) with 10 minute quarters and accelerated clock. That's some crazy shit right there. Of course, he is the type of player that wants to throw it deep or run. He will typically have a completion % under 50%. I have tried and tried to drill it into him that you have to go short to medium or dumpoffs in the flat when the deep guy is bracketed. He has gotten much better at that but he still loves to air it out. He also tries to draft or sign FA WRs with great speed(95-99) and a QB that has really good throwing power(92+).

J Diddy
09-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I don't know WTF that was all about. At first, I thought maybe it was my son. He was on the PC upstairs when we started the game. I made him get off right away but it still didn't help. I don't understand these lag issues. I checked in the lobbies after we lost connection and it showed I had 3 bars.

I did adjust one thing. I isolated my 360 to the DMZ on my router. Didn't realize but when I set it up, I had DHCP range covering my DMZ ISP. In other words, the last IP in my DHCP range was also the DMZ IP. Not sure if changing this setting will help but I'm hoping that is all there is to it. I guess we will see.

These problems can be so hard to figure out sometimes because I don't know if they are on my end or on the other player's end. Or even perhaps it could have something to do with the EA servers.

The other day the connection was lost against Mecca. We tried again the very next evening and everything was fine. I don't think I changed anything in my router settings that time. /shrug

I dunno. It gave me the option to play the rest of the game against the computer but I quit. Me thinks when youre not looking, your son is downloading teh pron.:D

Lzen
09-27-2008, 09:32 AM
I dunno. It gave me the option to play the rest of the game against the computer but I quit. Me thinks when youre not looking, your son is downloading teh pron.:D

Lol, don't say that. :cuss: Naw, really he can't because I have a very good internet blocker on that PC. :fire: Besides, I made him come downstairs so that I knew for sure he was not online.

So, when you wanna try again?

Lzen
09-27-2008, 09:34 AM
It gave me the option to play the rest of the game against the computer but I quit.
Oh yeah, that's the other wierd thing. It gave me the option to continue the other day against Mecca but it gave you the option to continue last night.

Lzen
09-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Ok, well I'm on now. I will be away and check on it every so often.

J Diddy
09-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Ok, well I'm on now. I will be away and check on it every so often.

It'll probably have to be tomorrow since I'm stuck at work today.

Mecca
09-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Have a buddy at work. We played Madden PC for the past 3 years. He had one WR get something like 570 yards in a game. This is on Madden level (yes, with some AI adjustments) with 10 minute quarters and accelerated clock. That's some crazy shit right there. Of course, he is the type of player that wants to throw it deep or run. He will typically have a completion % under 50%. I have tried and tried to drill it into him that you have to go short to medium or dumpoffs in the flat when the deep guy is bracketed. He has gotten much better at that but he still loves to air it out. He also tries to draft or sign FA WRs with great speed(95-99) and a QB that has really good throwing power(92+).

I caught 13 balls for 417 yards so atleast I kept the number of catches realistic for my yards.

J Diddy
09-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I caught 13 balls for 417 yards so atleast I kept the number of catches realistic for my yards.

32+ YPC average?
You better replace him.

that dude's going pro next year

Mecca
09-27-2008, 11:49 AM
32+ YPC average?
You better replace him.

that dude's going pro next year

He's a senior.....I'm actually on the Heisman list.

I did have several long TD's only a couple came on straight long passes because with his 96 speed the DB couldn't cover me though had an 80 yard TD on a slant where I just made a short catch and long run.

If only Ronald Johnson was this good in real life....

J Diddy
09-27-2008, 11:58 AM
He's a senior.....I'm actually on the Heisman list.

I did have several long TD's only a couple came on straight long passes because with his 96 speed the DB couldn't cover me though had an 80 yard TD on a slant where I just made a short catch and long run.

If only Ronald Johnson was this good in real life....

and if he played for the chiefs.......

Lzen
09-27-2008, 12:33 PM
It'll probably have to be tomorrow since I'm stuck at work today.
Well that sucks. You're at work on your birthday? :shake:

J Diddy
09-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Well that sucks. You're at work on your birthday? :shake:

just 10 little hours...

J Diddy
09-27-2008, 05:46 PM
hey got some time to play but i got 2 do it now if you want 2

Lzen
09-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Sry, dude. I just got back. You still wanna play?

Lzen
09-28-2008, 11:19 AM
I just played 2 games online. Everything seems fine now. Whenever you want to go, J Diddy. Hope you're not too hung over. :p

Lzen
09-28-2008, 11:30 AM
BTW, I played a guy last night. I took Kansas as always and that jackhole took LSU and then put in HB #8 at QB. That HB has 98 speed and 99 acceleration. All he did was run option to the right or option to the left. He jumped up on me with an early score to go up 7-0. It took me a little bit to figure out what would work best, but shortly after I started shutting him down. It was quite comical because I ended up injuring HB #8 (out for 3 weeks) and he had no other option.

I was up 14-7 sometime in the second or 3rd quarter. LSU does have a very good defense that even a moron can run halfway well. Then the game said he disconnected and that I could continue against the CPU. I selected continue against the CPU just because this dickhead deserved to get beaten. But then it said I lost connection. I tried to get back onto EA and it just said that I could not connect to the EA servers. I still had my Live connection so I don't think it was on my end. I think the EA servers act up sometimes.

Lzen
09-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Diddy?

Mecca
09-28-2008, 03:51 PM
BTW, I played a guy last night. I took Kansas as always and that jackhole took LSU and then put in HB #8 at QB. That HB has 98 speed and 99 acceleration. All he did was run option to the right or option to the left. He jumped up on me with an early score to go up 7-0. It took me a little bit to figure out what would work best, but shortly after I started shutting him down. It was quite comical because I ended up injuring HB #8 (out for 3 weeks) and he had no other option.

I was up 14-7 sometime in the second or 3rd quarter. LSU does have a very good defense that even a moron can run halfway well. Then the game said he disconnected and that I could continue against the CPU. I selected continue against the CPU just because this dickhead deserved to get beaten. But then it said I lost connection. I tried to get back onto EA and it just said that I could not connect to the EA servers. I still had my Live connection so I don't think it was on my end. I think the EA servers act up sometimes.

I played a guy who did that, Trindon Holliday as QB, it's harder than hell to stop.

Lzen
09-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Well, that was a good game, Diddy.

BTW, I think I got the lag issue figured out. Seems that installing Tomato took care of it for the most part. I had switched back to the Linksys firmware the other day because I had a power surge or something and all my settings were wiped out. I guess there is some setting that I don't know about that makes Tomato better for pvp gaming.

This game started out with pretty much no lag at all. What I didn't realize during the 2nd and 3rd quarter is that my little girl had gotten on youtube downloading videos. I made her get off and the lag went away. Good game, dude. That was tough. That long TD you threw to your HB was killer. I was selling out trying to stop the run on that one. :banghead: Glad I was able to make amends. :)

Lzen
09-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Damn, that game was costly for me. My freshman starting CB with 96 speed is out for the season.

Lzen
09-30-2008, 09:04 PM
beach tribe,
I see that you have been posting. Does that mean you are back now? Are you gonna play your game against Florida? I will wait for you if you need.

Lzen
10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Apparently, beach tribe is still trying to get his account fixed. Hope that gets taken care of soon. I think we are all ready to move on.

J. Diddy,
the feedback71 dynasty just needs you to do your recruiting to move on to the next week. I think that will be the conference championships and then we can do bowl games

Lzen
10-02-2008, 11:37 AM
BTW, nobody responded to my comment the other day about getting more players. So, I will ask again.

Is everyone ok with me getting on the EA forums to recruit some more players for our dynasty? I think it would be much better to have more than 4 teams.

J Diddy
10-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Apparently, beach tribe is still trying to get his account fixed. Hope that gets taken care of soon. I think we are all ready to move on.

J. Diddy,
the feedback71 dynasty just needs you to do your recruiting to move on to the next week. I think that will be the conference championships and then we can do bowl games

If it's just recruiting sim it. I won't be home until 10 or so tonight...

J Diddy
10-02-2008, 11:55 AM
BTW, nobody responded to my comment the other day about getting more players. So, I will ask again.

Is everyone ok with me getting on the EA forums to recruit some more players for our dynasty? I think it would be much better to have more than 4 teams.

I don't care as long as they're not cheese dicks.

Lzen
10-02-2008, 02:36 PM
I don't care as long as they're not cheese dicks.

I will make it clear in my invite that I don't want cheesers. If someone is found to be a cheeser, they will be removed. You guys just have to communicate that to me. ;)

Lzen
10-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Ok, I haven't heard from beach tribe whether or not he got his Xbox Live problem figured out. I think we are going to have to move on.

J Diddy
10-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Ok, I haven't heard from beach tribe whether or not he got his Xbox Live problem figured out. I think we are going to have to move on.

when you want to get this offseason stuff taken care of in the feedback dynasty

Lzen
10-06-2008, 05:03 PM
when you want to get this offseason stuff taken care of in the feedback dynasty

A.S.A.P. I wll try to get on there later if I can. I will be a little busy this evening plus the wife and kiddies wanna watch some Harry Potter movies. :banghead: We got the newest one from Netflix but they think they need to rewatch all the old ones first. Uggghh. I will try to get on later this evening.

J Diddy
10-06-2008, 05:15 PM
A.S.A.P. I wll try to get on there later if I can. I will be a little busy this evening plus the wife and kiddies wanna watch some Harry Potter movies. :banghead: We got the newest one from Netflix but they think they need to rewatch all the old ones first. Uggghh. I will try to get on later this evening.

I'll check on here just let me know when you want to get it rolling

Lzen
10-06-2008, 07:24 PM
I am playing Baylor now. We should be able to get going on the feedback71 dynasty after I finish this game. If you're around, hit me up.

Lzen
10-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Week is advanced.

Lzen
10-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Sry, Diddy. I had to go to bed. I will try to get back on tonight if possible. Gotta make a run over to KC after work, though.

Lzen
10-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Yo, Diddy. If you play your game, we can move on. We're not waiting on anyone who has an invite pending.

Lzen
10-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Hey J Diddy, are you gonna play your game against Ohio State? It's Friday.

J Diddy
10-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey J Diddy, are you gonna play your game against Ohio State? It's Friday.

I started playing last night and it kicked me off. Will play it when I get home tonight, sorry. Should be around 8.

Lzen
10-10-2008, 05:17 PM
I started playing last night and it kicked me off. Will play it when I get home tonight, sorry. Should be around 8.

Ok, no problemo. The EA servers were acting up this morning, too.

If you get done with Ohio State and still feel like playing, you have a game to play in the feedback71 dynasty, too. ;)

J Diddy
10-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Ok, no problemo. The EA servers were acting up this morning, too.

If you get done with Ohio State and still feel like playing, you have a game to play in the feedback71 dynasty, too. ;)

Sorry didn't get to it last night. Either tonight or tomorrow.

J Diddy
10-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Man I just played the best game ever online. Down 31-7 to WVU at the start of the 3rd quarter. I came back to win 35-34 on the final play of the game.

Yeah@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lzen
10-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Awesome. Hey, when you wanna play our game in the feedback71 dynasty?

Lzen
10-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Diddy, I saw that you played your game on the feedback71 dynasty but haven't done recruiting yet. You gonna do recruiting tonight?

J Diddy
10-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Diddy, I saw that you played your game on the feedback71 dynasty but haven't done recruiting yet. You gonna do recruiting tonight?
gonna do it now

okcchief
10-13-2008, 03:32 PM
My other dynasty died, so I will join back here if I can.

I don't want to be Oklahoma again, I would rather build a team. What are the records for the Big 12 schools so far? I'll pick one of them.

Lzen
10-13-2008, 06:47 PM
My other dynasty died, so I will join back here if I can.

I don't want to be Oklahoma again, I would rather build a team. What are the records for the Big 12 schools so far? I'll pick one of them.

Here is the entire Big 12 standings.

Oklahoma 9-0 (6-0)
Texas 7-1 (5-1)
Kansas State 8-1 (5-1)
Texas Tech 8-1 (5-1)
Kansas 9-2 (6-1)
Colorado 5-4 (3-3)
Nebraska 3-6 (3-3)
Iowa State 2-7 (2-4)
Texas A&M 2-7 (2-4)
Oklahoma State 1-9 (0-7)
Baylor 1-8 (0-6)
Missouri 1-9 (0-6)

okcchief
10-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Here is the entire Big 12 standings.

Oklahoma 9-0 (6-0)
Texas 7-1 (5-1)
Kansas State 8-1 (5-1)
Texas Tech 8-1 (5-1)
Kansas 9-2 (6-1)
Colorado 5-4 (3-3)
Nebraska 3-6 (3-3)
Iowa State 2-7 (2-4)
Texas A&M 2-7 (2-4)
Oklahoma State 1-9 (0-7)
Baylor 1-8 (0-6)
Missouri 1-9 (0-6)

Damn, you guys went through the season fast. I guess I will wait until the bowl games are done. Let me know when you finish up and I'll take someone over and do the preseason stuff.

Mecca
10-13-2008, 11:22 PM
You should really wanna get in right after the bowls that way you can atleast do your teams offseason recruiting, position changes and all that.

okcchief
10-14-2008, 12:07 PM
You should really wanna get in right after the bowls that way you can atleast do your teams offseason recruiting, position changes and all that.

Yeah, that is what I meant.

Lzen
10-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah, that is what I meant.

Any particular team you want? That way, I can just go ahead and invite you when the bowl season is done.

J Diddy
10-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Any particular team you want? That way, I can just go ahead and invite you when the bowl season is done.

hey lzen when you do next years schedule you think you can add some late games for me

Seems like I'm done and waiting for 3-4 weeks till everyone's done and then the bowls

okcchief
10-14-2008, 01:44 PM

Yeah, kind of hard to say since I have no idea what the teams will look like three seasons in. Screw it. Give me Okie State.

Lzen
10-14-2008, 01:58 PM
hey lzen when you do next years schedule you think you can add some late games for me

Seems like I'm done and waiting for 3-4 weeks till everyone's done and then the bowls

I'll try to remember to do that. You might want to remind me when it comes time to do that.

Lzen
10-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah, kind of hard to say since I have no idea what the teams will look like three seasons in. Screw it. Give me Okie State.

I can post the team ratings if you like.

Edit: Or better yet, I can invite you now as Okie State and then you can look at all the other teams' rosters and decide if you want to switch or just stick with OSU.

okcchief
10-14-2008, 02:01 PM
I can post the team ratings if you like.

Edit: Or better yet, I can invite you now as Okie State and then you can look at all the other teams' rosters and decide if you want to switch or just stick with OSU.

That's cool

Lzen
10-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Well, my QB (Tyler Lawrence) in the feedback dynasty finally threw his first INT of the season - week 10 at home against Colorado. That makes 26 TDs to 1 INT. Still won the game, though. 52-3 :D

J Diddy
10-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Well, my QB (Tyler Lawrence) in the feedback dynasty finally threw his first INT of the season - week 10 at home against Colorado. That makes 26 TDs to 1 INT. Still won the game, though. 52-3 :D

Hell I had a rough 2 weeks. Week before last I'm up against no. 10 oklahoma less than 1 minute left game tied I'm at the 10 and my all american rb fumbles OK marches right down the field kicks the game winning fg

Last night I'm up 28-0 on Mizzou at the half. Put in my second string they immediately gave up 14, put in my starters and they gave up another 14 wind up losing it on a last second fg 38-35.:cuss:

Bright side my recruiting class is gonna be solid if not spectacular. Got a couple of 4 star wr and a couple of other 4 stars. Got a 3 star scrambling qb that is more to my style plus I'll be able to use my rb that transerred from OU. He's a little speed demon which will complement my Larry Johnson type rb.

Lzen
10-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I saw that you have had some tough games lately. That MU game is a good example of the reason why I don't usually sub until at least the 4th quarter.

As for my team, I am very shocked and surprised that this team is playing so well. I do have some pretty good talent, but not elite yet. Some elite players but most of them are young. I think I have a good shot at the title this year. :) Gotta get past an undefeated (8-0) Texas team this week, though. And my recruits coming in are gonna be fantastic. I already have a 5 star T, two 4 star ATHs, two 4 star DTs, a 4 star CB, a 4 star a 4 star OLB, a 4 star HB, a 3 star G, and several other 5, 4, & 3 star (mostly 4s) recruits that have me at the tops of their lists.

Lzen
10-15-2008, 10:15 PM
I guess I need to get around to updating the user list. I'll try to get on that tomorrow. Got a new owner and possibly another. Black Ice, who is a Chiefs Planet member, will be taking over Purdue.

J Diddy
10-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I saw that you have had some tough games lately. That MU game is a good example of the reason why I don't usually sub until at least the 4th quarter.

As for my team, I am very shocked and surprised that this team is playing so well. I do have some pretty good talent, but not elite yet. Some elite players but most of them are young. I think I have a good shot at the title this year. :) Gotta get past an undefeated (8-0) Texas team this week, though. And my recruits coming in are gonna be fantastic. I already have a 5 star T, two 4 star ATHs, two 4 star DTs, a 4 star CB, a 4 star a 4 star OLB, a 4 star HB, a 3 star G, and several other 5, 4, & 3 star (mostly 4s) recruits that have me at the tops of their lists.

did you see my hcchief league recruiting?

It started off with me quickcalling 2 5 star dt and offering scholarships and a 5 star ss they all accepted on the spot

I'm at like 6 5 stars now

Lzen
10-16-2008, 08:33 AM
did you see my hcchief league recruiting?

It started off with me quickcalling 2 5 star dt and offering scholarships and a 5 star ss they all accepted on the spot

I'm at like 6 5 stars now

Cheater!!! :cuss:

Yeah, I am amazed at how much easier it gets the more you keep winning. I have noticed that it also helps to have an already talented team.

Lzen
10-16-2008, 08:38 AM
I have also noticed that your team gains momentum as you keep winning. I can start out a season and be struggling (Reesing was kinda off to begin this season) but as the season wears on, it gets easier to win games. Offense starts gelling and playing better. Defense is the same way. That is, if you keep winning. I imagine if you got into a losing streak then it would be just the opposite. Probably hard to come out of a losing streak.

GoTrav
10-16-2008, 09:39 AM
any recruiting tips? =)

Mecca
10-16-2008, 09:41 AM
i signed a 5 star player as North Carolina I was pretty surprised.

GoTrav
10-16-2008, 09:45 AM
i signed a 5 star player as North Carolina I was pretty surprised.

The recruiting portion of NCAA is not something I've messed with too much, so this will be a learning experience for me...just navigating through the menus, scouting out players, etc. It seems Purdue has some young players. I think my only current offensive starter is my QB, who didn't impress me much last night. He had a horribly weak arm and couldn't make the throws downfield. My WR's are all in the 80s. I need a huge injection of speed on my team. RB seems solid though. I need to dig me up a Tebow or Pat White. I may look a my freshman QB in the next game. He has high 80s speed.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Recruiting is pretty much in line with how good your team as, as far as star prestige and all that.

You see all your pitches and stuff, you need to hope your elites and excellents match with recruits. If you use say USC, Penn state your entire list is high level pitches so it's just a matter of finding them. With a worse school it's about getting lucky and matching up.

Lzen
10-16-2008, 10:21 AM
The recruiting portion of NCAA is not something I've messed with too much, so this will be a learning experience for me...just navigating through the menus, scouting out players, etc. It seems Purdue has some young players. I think my only current offensive starter is my QB, who didn't impress me much last night. He had a horribly weak arm and couldn't make the throws downfield. My WR's are all in the 80s. I need a huge injection of speed on my team. RB seems solid though. I need to dig me up a Tebow or Pat White. I may look a my freshman QB in the next game. He has high 80s speed.

Sounds similar to what I ran into with my offense. Except for the fact that I prefer a good passer first. A little scrambling ability is ok, though.

As for recruiting, it just takes some doing it to get used to it. First thing I would recommend that you want to do is to look for recruits that are interested. If that means only getting 3 stars and few 2 stars, so be it. Use the prospect search feature to do this. I start out quick calling. Watch over the weeks to see when a player is listed as ready. Then you can call them (not quick call) and set up a visit. Be sure to schedule the 3 activities that he is interested in (every recruit has 2 Very Highs and 1 most) if you can. Sometimes that requires doing a regular call and unlocking the pitches that are unknown. Also, be sure to offer scholarships. If you don't, the recruit may not list you very high.

Lzen
10-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Oh yeah, and press in on the right stick to see info about a recruit. This will show which teams are in his top ten list and where yours stands, what pitches are unlocked, and most importantly, what are his attribute ratings.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 10:26 AM
If you are poor at a guys most or something like that you're screwed...being a mid range school is so much harder because of that it really comes down to matching pitches.

Lzen
10-16-2008, 10:28 AM
If you are poor at a guys most or something like that you're screwed...being a mid range school is so much harder because of that it really comes down to matching pitches.

I wouldn't say that you're screwed. I would just use something else that the recruit is high on instead of most. You could still come out of it with a B rating on his visit.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't say that you're screwed. I would just use something else that the recruit is high on instead of most. You could still come out of it with a B rating on his visit.

In my view if you don't get atleast an A- visit, unless you are way ahead being the only school really recruiting the guy you're gonna be hosed.

You can only save one of his mosts or very highs being a low if you can find another one..the major problem with our schools is I have 1 elite pitch 1 excellent pitch and everything else is pretty marginal.

GoTrav
10-16-2008, 11:18 AM
In my view if you don't get atleast an A- visit, unless you are way ahead being the only school really recruiting the guy you're gonna be hosed.

You can only save one of his mosts or very highs being a low if you can find another one..the major problem with our schools is I have 1 elite pitch 1 excellent pitch and everything else is pretty marginal.

what are pitches exactly? Most of my current interested players are 3 stars. What's the possibility of nabbing a recruit if my team isn't in his top 3? Seems like most of the 5 star recruits I looked at last night had already committed to big schools.

GoTrav
10-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Also, what's the game schedule for this dynasty? Are you playing games nightly and then advancing the following day?

Mecca
10-16-2008, 11:28 AM
what are pitches exactly? Most of my current interested players are 3 stars. What's the possibility of nabbing a recruit if my team isn't in his top 3? Seems like most of the 5 star recruits I looked at last night had already committed to big schools.

As long as they have the green dot you have a chance at getting them unless they have a full bar to another school...

Pitches are when you call them things like pro factory, academic prestige and so forth it's what you sell to them about your school. You'll see what your school rates at it, you unlock his interest in it.

If you're poor at something you want to avoid that like the plague...

beach tribe
10-16-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm probably gonna open a new account tonight so I can get back in there.

What is TN ranked right now?

J Diddy
10-16-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm probably gonna open a new account tonight so I can get back in there.

What is TN ranked right now?

they are still beasts

Mecca
10-16-2008, 12:04 PM
I had a whole lot of fun playing Tennessee let me tell ya.....right now my only saving grace is the computer recruited a fast RB in the first year of recruiting.

Lzen
10-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Also, what's the game schedule for this dynasty? Are you playing games nightly and then advancing the following day?

We advance every 3 days no earlier than noon. Sooner if everyone gets their games and recruiting done. I will be advancing the dynasty this evening when I get home.

J Diddy
10-16-2008, 05:52 PM
I had a whole lot of fun playing Tennessee let me tell ya.....right now my only saving grace is the computer recruited a fast RB in the first year of recruiting.

I can't wait until next years rematch.

My d will be unstoppable. I will still have green but royster will be gone but I've also got some mad talent coming in at wr.

GoTrav
10-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Purdue, sucks. I'm not sure how much of an effect playing in snow has on my passing/catching game but I'm hurting. Also, I lost my starting QB last night to a broken vertebrate. It did move up me looking at my freshman QB though.

Lzen
10-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Purdue, sucks. I'm not sure how much of an effect playing in snow has on my passing/catching game but I'm hurting. Also, I lost my starting QB last night to a broken vertebrate. It did move up me looking at my freshman QB though.

It is a little tough at first to build when you're starting with a mid tier program. Lucky for you that you only play in the Big 10. :p Kansas is ranked overall a 77 in this game. Yeah, that's right. They are coming off a 12-1 Orange Bowl winning season and EA still thinks they suck. :shake: That's a lower ranking than Kansas State(81, I believe) for cryin' out loud. :cuss:

Edit: I should say Kansas was ranked a 77 to begin with. I am improving them, though.

GoTrav
10-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Edit: I should say Kansas was ranked a 77 to begin with. I am improving them, though.

Aside from your recruiting class, what type of off-season or in season work can you do to improve your current squad?

J Diddy
10-17-2008, 01:24 PM
It is a little tough at first to build when you're starting with a mid tier program. Lucky for you that you only play in the Big 10. :p Kansas is ranked overall a 77 in this game. Yeah, that's right. They are coming off a 12-1 Orange Bowl winning season and EA still thinks they suck. :shake: That's a lower ranking than Kansas State(81, I believe) for cryin' out loud. :cuss:

Keep making your cracks about the big 10:shake:

J Diddy
10-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Aside from your recruiting class, what type of off-season or in season work can you do to improve your current squad?

Video game steroids.

Mecca
10-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Everyone on your team gets better through offseason training.....Most everyone in this dynasty isn't a great team other than Diddy and Tennessee guy.

Lzen
10-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Everyone on your team gets better through offseason training.....Most everyone in this dynasty isn't a great team other than Diddy and Tennessee guy.

That's right. Diddy, the pressure is on you now. Anything lest than a national championship next year and it will be a failure. :D

Mecca
10-17-2008, 02:08 PM
That's right. Diddy, the pressure is on you now. Anything lest than a national championship next year and it will be a failure. :D

Well in fairness he has the best team and the easiest team to recruit with...notice his 6 5 star guys...

beach tribe
10-18-2008, 05:36 AM
I'm gonna work out my account today when I get up.(I still haven't gone to bed. Bartended till 5am)

J Diddy
10-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Well in fairness he has the best team and the easiest team to recruit with...notice his 6 5 star guys...

I could agree with the easiest team to recruit with, but my team was hit hard by graduation last year

I lost my starting qb, my bad ass wide receivers, my entire offensive line and my tight end--my offense is only ranked 83
My 2 return men are gone as well.

I would say as far as defensive talent they're better than average going to be great next year

EDIT: My Xbox live penis is larger than yours :D

Lzen
10-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Black Ice,
I sent you a message on Live. Basically, the feedback71 dynasty is advancing tonight. If I don't hear from you soon, I will just go ahead and advance. The CP dynast has a couple more days on it, but everyone else who is currently active is already done with their stuff. As soon as you play your game and recruit we can move on.

I am gonna kick the Michigan dude. He asked to be in the dynasty but then never accepted the invite.

beach tribe,
I know you were still trying to get your Live account fixed a couple days ago. Any luck yet? I still have you as the owner of Tennessee. Just got your team on autopilot. When you get back in, let me know so that I can take it off auto.

okcchief,
I sent your invite out several days ago.

GoTrav
10-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Black Ice,
I sent you a message on Live. Basically, the feedback71 dynasty is advancing tonight. If I don't hear from you soon, I will just go ahead and advance. The CP dynast has a couple more days on it, but everyone else who is currently active is already done with their stuff. As soon as you play your game and recruit we can move on.

I am gonna kick the Michigan dude. He asked to be in the dynasty but then never accepted the invite.

beach tribe,
I know you were still trying to get your Live account fixed a couple days ago. Any luck yet? I still have you as the owner of Tennessee. Just got your team on autopilot. When you get back in, let me know so that I can take it off auto.

okcchief,
I sent your invite out several days ago.

Both games are done as of last night midnight. Think I was a hour or two late on the feedback dynasty but I'm played through next week and G2G with the cp dynasty. And who's the Michigan dude? KcGopher wanted an invite on Duke or another middle tier school for the cpdynasty.

Lzen
10-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Both games are done as of last night midnight. Think I was a hour or two late on the feedback dynasty but I'm played through next week and G2G with the cp dynasty. And who's the Michigan dude? KcGopher wanted an invite on Duke or another middle tier school for the cpdynasty.

Oh yeah. Sry about that. I forgot that part about kcgopher wanting in. I will try to get on that tonight.

Lzen
10-21-2008, 03:02 PM
The guy playing Michigan is just someone from the EA forums. I sent him an IM. If I don't get a reply either way, I will just boot him.

okcchief
10-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Sorry, I forgot you were waiting on me to join.

Switch me to Texas Tech please.

Mecca
10-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Someone is Duke now, I bet that will be real fun...

Anyhow, I just beat Oklahoma so there will be a new #1.

Lzen
10-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah, that is Black Ice's friend. He told me that's what team to give him. I wonder if he is having second thoughts, lol. He is welcome to choose a different team.

okc,
I will change you to Texas Tech.

okcchief
10-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah, that is Black Ice's friend. He told me that's what team to give him. I wonder if he is having second thoughts, lol. He is welcome to choose a different team.

okc,
I will change you to Texas Tech.

This is still advancing every three days right? I just got far cry 2 on ps3 and plan on getting GH world tour Sunday. With all that and football every three days is about the best I can do.

Lzen
10-23-2008, 08:28 AM
This is still advancing every three days right? I just got far cry 2 on ps3 and plan on getting GH world tour Sunday. With all that and football every three days is about the best I can do.

It is still every 3 days unless we all get done with games and recruiting early.
We will try to do the offseason stuff a little quicker than that, though. Each week of the offseason stuff is not as time consuming as a regular season week, though, as you are only doing one thing at a time - i.e. the step where you try to talk certain players into staying one week(takes less than 5 min), recruiting another week.

Mecca
10-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Well there are 5 weeks of recruiting so that spaces out over time....from what I understand there is a glitch so anyone you talk into staying leaves anyway unless you are online when the dynasty advances...

Lzen
10-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Well there are 5 weeks of recruiting so that spaces out over time....from what I understand there is a glitch so anyone you talk into staying leaves anyway unless you are online when the dynasty advances...

I don't believe that is true. I have talked players into staying.

J Diddy
10-23-2008, 11:10 AM

Well since you're the administrator wouldn't you have to be online when the week advances?

Lzen
10-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Well since you're the administrator wouldn't you have to be online when the week advances?

Heh, that's a good point. But I think it has also worked in the feedback71 dynasty in which I am not the commissioner.

J Diddy
10-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Heh, that's a good point. But I think it has also worked in the feedback71 dynasty in which I am not the commissioner.

Oh hell all this time I thought you were shredder71 and feedback71

okcchief
10-23-2008, 04:45 PM

I just had this happen in another dynasty. No one could figure out why.

Lzen
10-24-2008, 03:14 PM
I just had this happen in another dynasty. No one could figure out why.

Ok, so apparently it actually does happen. Must not happen every time then. Hmmm......hope it does not happen to us.

Lzen
10-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh hell all this time I thought you were shredder71 and feedback71

Lol, technically no. But yeah, I get on my son's account when I need to advance the feedback71 dynasty. But I have to log out of my shredder71 account in order to do that. ;)

On a side note, feedback71 was originally my GT. My son(s) and their friends were using it all the time and it pissed me off so I got my own GT. I don't like someone else advancing for me. That's especially bad when it's a game like COD4. All of a sudden the people you're playing with expect you to be a badass because you're a high level. :shake: Now I have my own (shredder71), my oldest son has his own (feedback71), and my youngest son has his own(Jhawkfan16).

J Diddy
10-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Lol, technically no. But yeah, I get on my son's account when I need to advance the feedback71 dynasty. But I have to log out of my shredder71 account in order to do that. ;)

On a side note, feedback71 was originally my GT. My son(s) and their friends were using it all the time and it pissed me off so I got my own GT. I don't like someone else advancing for me. That's especially bad when it's a game like COD4. All of a sudden the people you're playing with expect you to be a badass because you're a high level. :shake: Now I have my own (shredder71), my oldest son has his own (feedback71), and my youngest son has his own(Jhawkfan16).

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!

I see.

Lzen
10-24-2008, 08:35 PM
I booted my nephew (Savage Breezy) from the feedback71 dynasty. He apparently has lost his copy of the game. Oh well, he hasn't been playing for awhile anyway. He's gonna be jonesing here in a couple of weeks when his real HS football season is over.

My son still likes to play on his. He says he only likes to play against real humans, though. He has really been getting into this game lately playing his buds even taking the game over to their houses. Perhaps he should talk his friends into getting their own damn copies!! :cuss:

Lzen
10-24-2008, 09:31 PM
My Kansas team is 10-2 with one of my losses being OT to the current #1 team and the other to the #14 ranked team. Yet, I am still not ranked in the top 25. WTF?

J Diddy
10-24-2008, 10:58 PM
My Kansas team is 10-2 with one of my losses being OT to the current #1 team and the other to the #14 ranked team. Yet, I am still not ranked in the top 25. WTF?
and you beat me

okcchief
10-25-2008, 03:03 AM

That's not right at all.

J Diddy
10-26-2008, 12:39 AM
That's not right at all.

it's all about ranking when the season began imo

I lost the first 2, the first to the current 1 the second to ku

when the season began I was ranked 3rd dropped to 11 after losing to the #1 team, dropped to 22 after KU I'm now ranked 11 again after a 10 game streak

Mecca
10-26-2008, 12:40 AM
Well I was unranked to start the year...

J Diddy
10-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Well I was unranked to start the year...

After you beat me in the first game you were ranked though

Lzen
10-27-2008, 11:51 AM
and you beat me

Good point.

Lzen
10-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Hey Mecca,
My IM to you last night might not have made sense. Here's the story. I didn't remember what week we were on. My internet has been acting up again lately. While I was advancing the week, I lost internet access completely. Even my wireless clients (laptop) could not get internet which is unusual. But I was still able to access my router management from the laptop. I think it may possibly be something with my modem as I have had the same one since I first got DSL 6 years ago.

Anyway, an hour or so later, I was able to get back onto the internet. When I logged back into the CP dynasty, it showed you were scheduled to play your conference championship game. Now, I thought you had already done that. But now I am thinking that I was mistaken and maybe I was thinking of another dynasty that I'm in.

In any case, I am the only team (not including the one dude that has yet to accept the dynasty invite) that has a game this week (bowl week 1). I should be able to get that done this evening and then advance the dynasty.

Lzen
10-27-2008, 11:59 AM
it's all about ranking when the season began imo

I lost the first 2, the first to the current 1 the second to ku

when the season began I was ranked 3rd dropped to 11 after losing to the #1 team, dropped to 22 after KU I'm now ranked 11 again after a 10 game streak

I don't remember for sure but I may not have been in the top 25 at the beginning of the season. Kinda weird, though, considering that I was coming off an 9-4 bowl winning season.

Mecca
10-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Ah, I was wondering what was up with your message.

I'm glad that USC lost West Virginia for the championship is a much easier game.

Lzen
10-27-2008, 07:00 PM
BTW, J Diddy did you notice the national champions in the feedback71 dynasty? That's right, baby. 3rd year with the Jayhawks...14-0 BCS National Champions!

We're gonna go to the offseason tonight.