PDA

View Full Version : Video Games NCAA 09 online dynasty started by HC Chief

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

J Diddy
10-27-2008, 08:03 PM
BTW, J Diddy did you notice the national champions in the feedback71 dynasty? That's right, baby. 3rd year with the Jayhawks...14-0 BCS National Champions!

We're gonna go to the offseason tonight.

congrats

I can get through the offseason stuff in one sitting if you got the time

Lzen
10-28-2008, 09:30 AM
congrats

I can get through the offseason stuff in one sitting if you got the time

Well, I would be willing to do that, too. However, we have to wait on the other 2 guys.

J Diddy
10-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Well, I would be willing to do that, too. However, we have to wait on the other 2 guys.

I didn't realize that we had people who were interested in doing that stuff now. Seemed like it was just me and you for a while.

okcchief
10-29-2008, 01:43 AM
I'll do mine when I get off work tomorrow. SOrry, I have been really busy. If you need to advance before then that's cool too.

Lzen
10-29-2008, 08:11 AM
I'll do mine when I get off work tomorrow. SOrry, I have been really busy. If you need to advance before then that's cool too.

We usually give 3 days before we advance the dynasty. So, I'll wait until Thursday evening to advance it. You think you could get it in by then?
Still need Black Ice to play his bowl game, as well.

okcchief
10-29-2008, 11:23 AM
We usually give 3 days before we advance the dynasty. So, I'll wait until Thursday evening to advance it. You think you could get it in by then?
Still need Black Ice to play his bowl game, as well.

I'll do it tonight. I have been sidetracked by work and Guitar Hero World tour :)

Lzen
10-29-2008, 11:47 AM
I'll do it tonight. I have been sidetracked by work and Guitar Hero World tour :)

I need to get that game. Hell, I haven't even gotten Rock Band 2 yet. :shake:

okcchief
10-31-2008, 02:25 AM
I didn't get on to recruit last week but I did play my game this week. Hopefully shit will slow down soon and I'll be on more often.

Lzen
10-31-2008, 05:46 PM
National Championship game week. North Carolina and West Virginia. Good luck, Mecca. When that game is done, we can move on to the next week.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 06:09 PM
I have something I want to watch here in a few but I'll probably play it around 9 which means it should be done around 10.

Mecca
11-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Now when you advance in the offseason you do the recruiting weeks 1 by 1 right and not all at once correct?

Because I have all my computer assist stuff off and I don't want to get hosed out of 4 weeks.

Lzen
11-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Now when you advance in the offseason you do the recruiting weeks 1 by 1 right and not all at once correct?

Because I have all my computer assist stuff off and I don't want to get hosed out of 4 weeks.

It's one recruiting week per advance. I figure we can give everyone 2 days between advances.

Mecca
11-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Unfortunately I'm losing 3 underclassmen since I can't talk them into staying in an online dynasty.

J Diddy
11-01-2008, 10:20 PM
It's one recruiting week per advance. I figure we can give everyone 2 days between advances.

just please don't forget to stretch my schedule out

the whole watching everyone play for 2 weeks sucks

Lzen
11-01-2008, 10:40 PM
just please don't forget to stretch my schedule out

the whole watching everyone play for 2 weeks sucks

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot that. So, you want me to take out one of your early season non cons and add one at the end of the season?

This would be a good time to discuss who wants to play who(m?) in the non con portion of the schedules. Does anyone wanna play any particular other human teams?

Mecca
11-01-2008, 10:58 PM
My opinion of user vs user games is, I don't know if it's a good idea to match the top couple of people with each other because you'll eliminate one from NC contention early on.

Like I don't know if it's a good idea for the top 3 user players to face off in non con games every year.

J Diddy
11-01-2008, 11:15 PM
My opinion of user vs user games is, I don't know if it's a good idea to match the top couple of people with each other because you'll eliminate one from NC contention early on.

Like I don't know if it's a good idea for the top 3 user players to face off in non con games every year.

I agree. User vs. user would be much more fun if there was something on the line.

Realistically, by the end of the season with non user games everyone is gonna be ranked high.

Mecca
11-01-2008, 11:16 PM
I agree. User vs. user would be much more fun if there was something on the line.

Realistically, by the end of the season with non user games everyone is gonna be ranked high.

Is that UCLA guy good? I know you played him and he beat SC which caught my eye...

J Diddy
11-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Is that UCLA guy good? I know you played him and he beat SC which caught my eye...

He plays like the typical online player...

Lzen
11-02-2008, 01:39 PM
He plays like the typical online player...

What does that mean? Is he doing things that are cheeze? Something we should look into?

J Diddy
11-02-2008, 01:44 PM
What does that mean? Is he doing things that are cheeze? Something we should look into?

It's been a bit since I played him so I don't remember everything. Just don't ever get in punt return formation, ever. Don't matter if he's on the 2.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 01:46 PM
It's been a bit since I played him so I don't remember everything. Just don't ever get in punt return formation, ever. Don't matter if he's on the 2.

You need to explain this....if he's doing something that is unrealistic then well say what it is.

Lzen
11-02-2008, 03:40 PM

So you're saying he never punts no matter the yardage? That sounds like cheese to me. I asked for straight up, no cheese players when I recruited. If he is a cheeser, then perhaps we should remove him from the league.

J Diddy
11-02-2008, 03:46 PM
You need to explain this....if he's doing something that is unrealistic then well say what it is.

As well as a whole lot of playaction pass scramble around for 40 yards and bombs.

you know, your favorite

Mecca
11-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Oh great....he's one of those people.

J Diddy
11-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Oh great....he's one of those people.

I don't remember all the specifics because it's been a week since I played him but I do recall while i was playing him the thought of how mecca would be throwing his controller at the wall quite frequently if I was him.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 04:01 PM
I don't remember all the specifics because it's been a week since I played him but I do recall while i was playing him the thought of how mecca would be throwing his controller at the wall quite frequently if I was him.

If he does it one time, I'll play my 96 speed RB as my backup QB and keep subbing him in and run around...turnabout is fair play.

Lzen
11-02-2008, 08:38 PM
J Diddy, you gonna do your offseason stuff?

Lzen
11-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Right now, we are in the transfer requests stage. I figure a lot of us won't even have transfer requests to worry about. For those that do, it only takes a couple of minutes. Hopefully, we can all get this stuff done tonight and tomorrow. I plan to advance again tomorrow evening. Unless somebody requests more time.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Right now, we are in the transfer requests stage. I figure a lot of us won't even have transfer requests to worry about. For those that do, it only takes a couple of minutes. Hopefully, we can all get this stuff done tonight and tomorrow. I plan to advance again tomorrow evening. Unless somebody requests more time.

I'll look at it shortly...I hope I get someone good...

But I will say this, in an online dynasty if someone cheeses me I'm going to cheese them back I refuse to just lose a game when it's in dynasty play.

J Diddy
11-02-2008, 08:50 PM
J Diddy, you gonna do your offseason stuff?

I can

don't really check in much during the offseason, I check in every day during the season

Lzen
11-03-2008, 08:43 AM
I'll look at it shortly...I hope I get someone good...

But I will say this, in an online dynasty if someone cheeses me I'm going to cheese them back I refuse to just lose a game when it's in dynasty play.

Look, I don't think any of us want cheesers in this dynasty. If it happens, we have options. For one, we can boot them from the dynasty and allow you to replay the game. In any case, I need to know what, specifically, they are doing. And I think we all should discuss what to do, if anything, with said cheeser(s).

Mecca
11-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Damn I'm not use to having to sign so many guys in the offseason, when you use a big school you can usually hae 15-20 commits during the season.

Lzen
11-07-2008, 05:39 PM
J Diddy, you gonna do your offseason recruiting?

J Diddy
11-07-2008, 07:20 PM
J Diddy, you gonna do your offseason recruiting?

sim mine

offseason recruiting bores me to death

Mecca
11-08-2008, 07:45 PM
sim mine

offseason recruiting bores me to death

Only because as Penn State you don't even really need it....you have pretty much your entire class signed by the end of the regular season.

I think we're moving awfully slow for offseason recruiting which now at week 3 should be able to be done in 15 minutes.

J Diddy
11-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Only because as Penn State you don't even really need it....you have pretty much your entire class signed by the end of the regular season.

I think we're moving awfully slow for offseason recruiting which now at week 3 should be able to be done in 15 minutes.

my other league I'm kstate

and it still bores me

Lzen
11-09-2008, 08:09 AM

I agree. I should be done in no time. Some peeps take forever to get to it. Or don't even do it at all and by the deadline, I just advance it anyway. I figure we already do a 3 day window to games played. 2 days is way more than enough to do recruiting.

But sometimes people do have other things going on in their lives besides video game. I can understand that.

Lzen
11-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Ok, might as well just do each offseason task once a day.

Also, I removed beach tribe (Tennessee). He's welcome to come back at any time, but there's no sense in having his team listed in the dynasty headquarters if he hasn't gotten back by now.

okcchief
11-10-2008, 02:26 PM
When do we actually get to play games? :D

Mecca
11-10-2008, 02:28 PM

Probably a few more days, we have to go through cutting players and all that.

Just for the record guys.......I signed a 6'7 WR with a 4.24....

I'm also way to anal about the players that are on my roster to not care about any aspect of recruiting.

J Diddy
11-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Probably a few more days, we have to go through cutting players and all that.

Just for the record guys.......I signed a 6'7 WR with a 4.24....

I'm also way to anal about the players that are on my roster to not care about any aspect of recruiting.

Lol, anal....

That fits you to a T.

Lzen
11-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Lol, anal....

That fits you to a T.

You sayin' Mecca likes anal? :hmmm: NTTAWWT

:)

Lzen
11-10-2008, 07:23 PM

Some of us would like to just do all the offseason stuff in one or two nights. Unfortunately, it does not quite work that way. Should just be a few more days. We're doing everything at one day per offseason step now.

Mecca
11-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Some of us would like to just do all the offseason stuff in one or two nights. Unfortunately, it does not quite work that way. Should just be a few more days. We're doing everything at one day per offseason step now.

Yea when I do my offline one I do it all at once or over a span of 2 days, it does take about 2 hours to do it all at once.

Mecca
11-11-2008, 12:14 AM
You advanced past the last week of recruiting and cost me 3 players 2 of which were 2 corners I needed.....now I'm annoyed...

I know not everyone likes recruiting but costing me a week and a couple of players I needed tends to really piss me off.

J Diddy
11-11-2008, 12:33 AM
You advanced past the last week of recruiting and cost me 3 players 2 of which were 2 corners I needed.....now I'm annoyed...

I know not everyone likes recruiting but costing me a week and a couple of players I needed tends to really piss me off.

You didnt have them going into the last week, stands to reason you probably wouldn't have gotten them anyway.

Mecca
11-11-2008, 12:37 AM
You didnt have them going into the last week, stands to reason you probably wouldn't have gotten them anyway.

All they need to say is ready on visit and you'll get them I purposely put off a couple visits with other guys till the last week with the idea I could get the 3 I wanted 2 corners and a super fast WR...

I can manage but now I'll have to sign 5 CB's in 1 year of recruiting instead of 2 or 3.

J Diddy
11-11-2008, 12:44 AM
All they need to say is ready on visit and you'll get them I purposely put off a couple visits with other guys till the last week with the idea I could get the 3 I wanted 2 corners and a super fast WR...

I can manage but now I'll have to sign 5 CB's in 1 year of recruiting instead of 2 or 3.

No offense, you won the NC with what you had last year. Unless someone knocks you off user wise, I wouldn't be surprised if you landed it again this year.

Btw, I got me a mobile qb again.

Mecca
11-11-2008, 12:52 AM
No offense, you won the NC with what you had last year. Unless someone knocks you off user wise, I wouldn't be surprised if you landed it again this year.

Btw, I got me a mobile qb again.

I signed one with 88 speed........

I only have 4 corners that's really pushing it...

Mecca
11-11-2008, 12:58 AM
I'm not complaining that much I'm just saying let me have my 5 weeks next time because I almost always intend to sign 25 guys.

J Diddy
11-11-2008, 01:01 AM
I signed one with 88 speed........

I only have 4 corners that's really pushing it...

I'm looking solid, my rookie d ain't rookie no more. Plus i picked up 2 5 star dt and a 5 star safety

Plus my o ain't too shabby, only drawback is I lost royster.

Mecca
11-11-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm looking solid, my rookie d ain't rookie no more. Plus i picked up 2 5 star dt and a 5 star safety

Plus my o ain't too shabby, only drawback is I lost royster.

Is your safety fast...that's one of the big issues with safeties if you don't watch it you'll get one with 82 speed and well if you play a 80 speed safety you'll get burned.

J Diddy
11-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Is your safety fast...that's one of the big issues with safeties if you don't watch it you'll get one with 82 speed and well if you play a 80 speed safety you'll get burned.93 i believe

If he's lower than that I'll switch him to lb

Lzen
11-11-2008, 08:23 AM

WTF are you talking about? You status said ready to advance. I did not advance past a recruiting week that you missed out on. The only step I skipped was training results, which nobody really cares about anyway.

Lzen
11-11-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm not complaining that much I'm just saying let me have my 5 weeks next time because I almost always intend to sign 25 guys.

I don't blame you if I did what you said. But I don't think I did that. Unless I made a mistake, I never advanced without your status being green(ready to advance).

J Diddy
11-11-2008, 09:41 AM
WTF are you talking about? You status said ready to advance. I did not advance past a recruiting week that you missed out on. The only step I skipped was training results, which nobody really cares about anyway.

Dammit Lzen, I live for the training results.

Lzen
11-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Dammit Lzen, I live for the training results.

LOL.

Lzen
11-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Funny thing is that I was incorrect about skipping past training results. Actually, we haven't even gotten to that part yet. I must have been thinking about the other dynasty. Anyway, we have to do position changes and then I will skip past training results. That is, unless someone really wants to see those training results. :)

Mecca
11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Are you sure...I'm pretty sure there are 5 weeks of recruiting and the last week we did was 4.

It's not a huge deal it just screws with my depth at a position.

Ah well if there was no more weeks than that's my fault and I apologize but I did think there was 1 more.

J Diddy
11-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Funny thing is that I was incorrect about skipping past training results. Actually, we haven't even gotten to that part yet. I must have been thinking about the other dynasty. Anyway, we have to do position changes and then I will skip past training results. That is, unless someone really wants to see those training results. :)

I WANT TO SEE THOSE TRAINING RESULTS!!!11!!

Mecca
11-11-2008, 12:40 PM
I WANT TO SEE THOSE TRAINING RESULTS!!!11!!

Did you know...I signed a 6'7 WR and he has 97 speed....

Atleast I finally have some speed after losing Nicks all my WR's were slow guys.

Lzen
11-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Did you know...I signed a 6'7 WR and he has 97 speed....

Atleast I finally have some speed after losing Nicks all my WR's were slow guys.

I don't want to hear about it. EA really screwed up on Briscoe. Here is one of the best WRs in the NCAA and they gave him 80 speed.

That receiver you got is a freak of nature.

Lzen
11-12-2008, 08:48 PM
I am advancing to the preseason. Everyone will get at least a couple of games against a human opponent if possible. If you have a particular team you would like to play, then send me an IM or just post here. I know some people would prefer not to play any humans or much at all. But where's the fun in that?

Don't worry about it. If you're good, you will get through it and have earned it. ;)

J Diddy, I remembered to add a game at the end of the season for you. Too bad your stupid conference doesn't play a championship game.

P.S.
Just a reminder, if you think someone is playing cheese, let me know. I will give them a warning. If they persist, I will boot them from the dynasty. But just so that we are all in agreement on what exactly constitutes cheese, I think we need a little discussion on that here. Everyone's input is welcome (yes that includes you, black ice & okcchief).

Mecca
11-12-2008, 09:45 PM
After what Diddy said all I'll say is you probably shouldn't give me UCLA I might break things....anyone else I don't really have to much to say, other than my team still isn't exactly awesome so I don't expect USC type of scheduling or anything if you know what I mean.

And finally this year in recruiting I actually have top guys interested, so I'm overjoyed about actually being able to sign a couple top guys for the future of my team.

Lzen
11-12-2008, 10:18 PM
After what Diddy said all I'll say is you probably shouldn't give me UCLA I might break things....anyone else I don't really have to much to say, other than my team still isn't exactly awesome so I don't expect USC type of scheduling or anything if you know what I mean.

And finally this year in recruiting I actually have top guys interested, so I'm overjoyed about actually being able to sign a couple top guys for the future of my team.

I think I put you and me and Diddy all on UCLA's schedule. If he shows any signs of being a major cheeser, we can always throw out the results and boot him. But I think we need to give it a chance. Still need to discuss what all we should not allow as far as cheese. Like dropping back 20 yards every time to throw a pass. I played a guy tonight in another online dynasty. He was your USC Trojans. He had this quick black guy at QB(not sure which guy it was - perhaps you know?). Every time he would pass, he would drop back 20 yards or so. It was annoying as Hell. Once we decide here what we don't want to allow, I will send out a message to all users informing them that it won't be tolerated.

Oh and as for recruiting. It is nice for me to finally have a 5 star, several 4 stars and a few 3 stars. When we first started this dynasty a couple seasons ago, all I was able to attract were mostly 2 stars and a some 3 stars. :)

Lzen
11-12-2008, 10:24 PM
I can post your schedules here if you like.

Lzen
11-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Keep in mind that nobody can expect to win every game every year. ;)

Defending champ North Carolina's schedule:

1. @ #13 UCLA (blakeluna)
2. vs #22 Georgia Tech
3. OPEN
4. vs NC State
5. vs Boston College (bc1717)
6. @ Maryland
7. vs #15 Virginia Tech
8. @ Virginia
9. @ #23 Miami
10. OPEN
11. vs Army
12. @ Duke (KcGopher)
13. vs North Texas
14. @ Colorado

Lzen
11-12-2008, 10:36 PM
And just for comparison's sake, here is my schedule (nothing is easy):

1. @ Purdue (TravNasty7)
2. @ Boston College (bc1717)
3. vs #13 UCLA (blakeluna)
4. vs #18 Texas Tech (NOLAVDOP)
5. @ Nebraska
6. vs #20 Kansas State
7. OPEN
8. @ #1 Oklahoma
9. @ Iowa State
10. vs Colorado
11. vs #7 Texas
12. @ Missouri
13. OPEN
14. vs Duke (KcGopher)

Lzen
11-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Here is J Diddy's schedule:

1. vs #18 Texas Tech (NOLAVDOP)
2. @ UCF
3. OPEN
4. vs #13 UCLA (blakeluna)
5. @ #3 Ohio State
6. vs Purdue (TravNasty7)
7. @ Minnesota
8. OPEN
9. vs #17 Illinois
10. @ Indiana
11. vs Iowa
12. @ #19 Michigan
13. vs Michigan State
14. OPEN
15. vs TCU

Lzen
11-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Heh, I just thought of something kind of funny. Travnasty is gonna think I have something for him. I just realized that I have him scheduled as my first game in both this league and the feedback71 dynasty.

Mecca
11-13-2008, 01:30 AM
USC doesn't have any black QB's so...he was obviously using a guy who's not a QB at QB.

And fair warning if that guy does things I don't enjoy I will do whatever I have to do to win the game.

okcchief
11-13-2008, 09:33 AM
I want to play as many humans as possible. I don't care about my record. I'm in it for the fun.

When do you wanna play Diddy?

Most days after 7pm usually work for me. Almost any time on the weekend that doesn't interfere with good football games.

Lzen
11-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Ok. I added one to okcchief's schedule. You now have 4 games against humans.

I am advancing to the regular season now. Everyone get with your human opponent and try to schedule a time to play your game.

J Diddy
11-13-2008, 12:10 PM
I want to play as many humans as possible. I don't care about my record. I'm in it for the fun.

When do you wanna play Diddy?

Most days after 7pm usually work for me. Almost any time on the weekend that doesn't interfere with good football games.

I'm good after 8 or so today, friday and saturday. Little bit later on saturday.

Pick the day and I'll be there.

Lzen
11-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Just so that you all know if you don't hear from me for a few days....

My internet has been acting up. It has been going out for periods of time recently. I just had ATT send me a new modem a week or two ago. They were supposed to also upgrade my speed. They had not done the speed upgrade so I called them to have them fix it on Tuesday. Well, the next day, the intermittent problem of internet outages seems to have gotten worse. Last night I called them to have it fixed and, wouldn't ya know it, it seems to be worse. It was out all night last night. At this point, I don't know when I'll have it or for how long. They can't get a repairman out until Monday. So, if you don't see me online between now and then, you'll know why. Would somebody please point Black Ice (Travnasty7) to this thread for me? Thanks.

okcchief
11-14-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm good after 8 or so today, friday and saturday. Little bit later on saturday.

Pick the day and I'll be there.

Let me figure out what I have going on this weekend and I'll get back to you on when.

J Diddy
11-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Let me figure out what I have going on this weekend and I'll get back to you on when.

I'm also open all day on sunday, if we can't get to it by then.

okcchief
11-14-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm also open all day on sunday, if we can't get to it by then.

We'll get to it by then. I should know tonight after I check with the Mrs.

Mecca
11-14-2008, 05:29 PM
I appreciate the loss to prove that guy plays like a bitch.

All he did was every pass play was drop 20 yards deep and roll to the sideline, basically it was an entire game of option/deep drop first guy isn't open run!

Not to mention he kept option pitching on me when I had his QB wrapped up to gain yards...in short that guy is a bitch if you like to play someone who's impossible to defend because they use their QB as a throwing RB be my guest.

However if I have to take the loss for that I may just retire because I have no need for this kind of aggravation I can just play in the lobby if I want that.

Mecca
11-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Also why do we have someone in the dynasty no one likes playing? I seriously doubt Diddy enjoyed playing him either.

You beat me you beat me but it really annoys me that you sent a message saying don't drop like that and he kept doing it..to show you how far he dropped, on one he dropped and actually stepped up and lost 17 yards on one of the few sacks I got.

My personal favorite was the 4th and 18 where he dropped 20 yards back...ran all the way to the sideline then proceeded to run all the way back across until a guy got open to actually get the 1st down on me.

Lzen
11-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Also why do we have someone in the dynasty no one likes playing? I seriously doubt Diddy enjoyed playing him either.

You beat me you beat me but it really annoys me that you sent a message saying don't drop like that and he kept doing it..to show you how far he dropped, on one he dropped and actually stepped up and lost 17 yards on one of the few sacks I got.

My personal favorite was the 4th and 18 where he dropped 20 yards back...ran all the way to the sideline then proceeded to run all the way back across until a guy got open to actually get the 1st down on me.

So all he did all game long was drop way back? And what was the 4th and 18 situation? Why did he go for it on 4th and 18?

Diddy, do you think we should boot blakeluna? I have no problem doing this if the guy is nothing but a cheeser.

J Diddy
11-14-2008, 06:54 PM
So all he did all game long was drop way back? And what was the 4th and 18 situation? Why did he go for it on 4th and 18?

Diddy, do you think we should boot blakeluna? I have no problem doing this if the guy is nothing but a cheeser.

I have no problems with it at all. I thought he didn't play within the spirit of the game when I played him.

Mecca
11-14-2008, 06:57 PM

It was the 4th quarter...that was why he went for it, but yes every pass play he ran was basically this...drop back look at the flats if my defense was in zone and they were covered roll out to the sideline and run, if it's man dump it real quick.

To give you an idea of how he played...his QB scored all of his TD's but one which was an RB on an option pitch. He had no pass TD's.

His QB has 87 speed and he basically played like the guy was an RB that could occasionally throw.

I just don't think I should take a loss for a guy doing something that was blatantly said to not do, he's one of those guys that gets his fast QB and uses the mechanics of the game to make defending him impossible.

He's everything I hate about online football games, get a team with a fast QB, and run around till someone breaks open.

Not to mention he sent me a message, basically going "haha I'm sure we'll meet again and I won't lose!" It's one thing to get hosed it's another to have it happen and have the dude rub my face in it.

J Diddy
11-14-2008, 07:04 PM
It was the 4th quarter...that was why he went for it, but yes every pass play he ran was basically this...drop back look at the flats if my defense was in zone and they were covered roll out to the sideline and run, if it's man dump it real quick.

To give you an idea of how he played...his QB scored all of his TD's but one which was an RB on an option pitch. He had no pass TD's.

His QB has 87 speed and he basically played like the guy was an RB that could occasionally throw.

I just don't think I should take a loss for a guy doing something that was blatantly said to not do, he's one of those guys that gets his fast QB and uses the mechanics of the game to make defending him impossible.

He's everything I hate about online football games, get a team with a fast QB, and run around till someone breaks open.

Not to mention he sent me a message, basically going "haha I'm sure we'll meet again and I won't lose!" It's one thing to get hosed it's another to have it happen and have the dude rub my face in it.

So did he win or did you? what was the score?

Mecca
11-14-2008, 07:07 PM
So did he win or did you? what was the score?

He beat me 29-28 by on 4th and 18 pro longing a play for 20 seconds by rolling back and forth until a guy finally got open down field....I think on the play he avoided both my ends twice and basically rolled them into blockers until he could find a guy open.

Then he ran the QB into the endzone.......then went for 2 and got it by doing an option....because apparently my guys can't tackle a QB, not to mention he had a horrendous connection that kept lagging me, I nearly missed an EP do to it.

Also I think it's complete and total bull when a guy takes a pro style team and runs the option, it would be like me using USC to run the option, it's complete crap.

J Diddy
11-14-2008, 07:11 PM
He beat me 29-28 by on 4th and 18 pro longing a play for 20 seconds by rolling back and forth until a guy finally got open down field....I think on the play he avoided both my ends twice and basically rolled them into blockers until he could find a guy open.

Then he ran the QB into the endzone.......then went for 2 and got it by doing an option....because apparently my guys can't tackle a QB, not to mention he had a horrendous connection that kept lagging me, I nearly missed an EP do to it.

Also I think it's complete and total bull when a guy takes a pro style team and runs the option, it would be like me using USC to run the option, it's complete crap.

He was doing that shit with me except I shut the option down pretty good. I swear he didn't punt one time. Only 1 time did he get in punt formation but then it was a fake. Oh yeah and my personal fave the PA Long bomb every play.

Mecca
11-14-2008, 07:15 PM
He was doing that shit with me except I shut the option down pretty good. I swear he didn't punt one time. Only 1 time did he get in punt formation but then it was a fake. Oh yeah and my personal fave the PA Long bomb every play.

Your defense is alot better than mine though, his QB is literally faster than everyone in my front 7, and everytime I'd hit his QB on the the option he'd pitch it while getting tackled and gain 10 yards.

He couldn't get in any bombs on me because I got pass rush, what he'd do to me would be drop deep, roll to the outside on either side or move so my guys would get moved into blockers. If I was in man he'd snap it to a guy in the flat and gain 5 yards. If I played zone to cover that he'd go to the outside with his QB and gain 8 yards running.

On one he rolled all the way to the right about 18 yards deep, proceded to roll back toward the center and start and stop making my end look stupid since his QB has 87 speed then threw it completely back across the field for a 20 yard gain.

J Diddy
11-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Your defense is alot better than mine though, his QB is literally faster than everyone in my front 7, and everytime I'd hit his QB on the the option he'd pitch it while getting tackled and gain 10 yards.

He couldn't get in any bombs on me because I got pass rush, what he'd do to me would be drop deep, roll to the outside on either side or move so my guys would get moved into blockers. If I was in man he'd snap it to a guy in the flat and gain 5 yards. If I played zone to cover that he'd go to the outside with his QB and gain 8 yards running.

On one he rolled all the way to the right about 18 yards deep, proceded to roll back toward the center and start and stop making my end look stupid since his QB has 87 speed then threw it completely back across the field for a 20 yard gain.

One way I countered that was to guess that he'd always roll to the long side of the field. Then I'd send my lineman in that direction. I got decent pressure on the rollout thing but for some reason the PA bomb is kryptonite to my young little defense.

Just a question, if we played on heisman would that have more of an effect on accuracy in particular plays like that?

Mecca
11-14-2008, 07:33 PM
One way I countered that was to guess that he'd always roll to the long side of the field. Then I'd send my lineman in that direction. I got decent pressure on the rollout thing but for some reason the PA bomb is kryptonite to my young little defense.

Just a question, if we played on heisman would that have more of an effect on accuracy in particular plays like that?

How fast are your corners...honestly I know this is going to sound bad but the bomb on this game has more to do with the size/speed ratio of the WR and the guy trying to cover him than anything oh and your QB's arm strength.

If you ever get a guy who's over 6'3 with no safety on the top going deep on a guy who is shorter with a lower speed rating you can get big plays, provided your QB's arm is good enough to get it there.

Mecca
11-14-2008, 07:35 PM
But yea I don't think that game should be counted against me in the dynasty, he's every little douche from the lobby basically.

If I were you I'd have gone nuts after that game he played you in and this wouldn't have happened, I'm not big on giving people chances, you play like a douche good bye!

I know I'm harsh.

I also felt he glitched me a few times, making my EP hit at no power, it still went through but it almost really fucked me over. I had my 96 speed RB in the open field and got caught from behind by a guy with 90 speed he caught me from over 10 yards back like he was faster than me....it was like my guy just slowed down and refused to run hard.

There were just some really fishy things on top of how he was playing.

So in the end I think I should get to play my game again...

Lzen
11-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Okay, I booted blakeluna and threw out those game results. Mecca, you are good to go. Play the game again. I told that douchenozzle to take that cheese to the lounge. I really kinda knew this would happen. I just wanted to give him a chance to play straight. Some people just can't resist.

Sry Diddy, wish I could have taken back that game against you last year.

Lzen
11-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Oh and btw, my internet is not fixed yet. But the strange thing is that it seems to be working fine in the mornings but not in the evenings.

I picked up one of these last night.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7080194
Excellent device if you send a lot of messages in XBL like I do. It is not only a keyboard but also a headset, which I needed a new one anyway as the kids have broken the 2 I had.

Lzen
11-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Oh, and I think I may have to boot bc1717, too. Not for doing anything wrong. He just has not even been on XBL for over 3 weeks.

J Diddy
11-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Oh, and I think I may have to boot bc1717, too. Not for doing anything wrong. He just has not even been on XBL for over 3 weeks.

boot em all and let god sort em out

J Diddy
11-15-2008, 05:20 PM
okc, any idea when you want to play?

J Diddy
11-16-2008, 10:35 AM
okc, any idea when you want to play?

bump

okcchief
11-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Sorry guys, I forgot all about this. I have been working extra hours and am obsessed with COD 5 on PS3 along with GH4. I guess it's best to boot me. I just don't have enough time in the day and would rather play other games when I do. Plus, I usually can only play really late at night and you guys are never on then.

Sorry again and Good luck.

J Diddy
11-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Sorry guys, I forgot all about this. I have been working extra hours and am obsessed with COD 5 on PS3 along with GH4. I guess it's best to boot me. I just don't have enough time in the day and would rather play other games when I do. Plus, I usually can only play really late at night and you guys are never on then.

well you dickhead I'm online

:D

okcchief
11-17-2008, 01:36 AM
well you dickhead I'm online

Really? I was on PS3.

I didn't expect any of you to be up this late.

I need to go to bed but I can play you tomorrow after the Monday Night game if you want to at least play that one game. Once again, I might be a flake for the season :)

J Diddy
11-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Really? I was on PS3.

I didn't expect any of you to be up this late.

I need to go to bed but I can play you tomorrow after the Monday Night game if you want to at least play that one game. Once again, I might be a flake for the season :)

yeah I can play then

just send me a message when you're ready I'll probably be playing fallout 3

okcchief
11-17-2008, 01:41 AM
yeah I can play then

just send me a message when you're ready I'll probably be playing fallout 3

K, I'll play after the game is over. If I lose interest I'll sign on early.

J Diddy
11-17-2008, 01:45 AM
K, I'll play after the game is over. If I lose interest I'll sign on early.

that sounds like a plan

Mecca
11-17-2008, 01:50 AM
I think fallout is all I ever see you on...

okcchief
11-17-2008, 02:08 AM
I think fallout is all I ever see you on...

How is Smackdown vs. Raw?

Mecca
11-17-2008, 02:09 AM
How is Smackdown vs. Raw?

How did you know I had that!

I enjoy it but I play wrestling games quite often.

Lzen
11-17-2008, 08:44 AM

I did boot bc1717 (Boston College). On your XBL friends list, it shows how many days or hours since the person has been online. His said offline. I believe that means they XBL account has expired.

Lzen
11-17-2008, 08:47 AM

My 12 year old son has been getting into Smackdown vs Raw 08. We will probably get him 09 for Christmas.

Lzen
11-17-2008, 08:49 AM

C'mon, man. I thought you were all into the playing other humans aspect. If you think about it, this really is not a big time consumption type of game. You play one game and do your recruiting (or let the CPU handle your recruiting) every 3 days. That's about an hour of your time every 3 days.

J Diddy
11-17-2008, 09:57 AM

xbox live shows you playing it

Mecca
11-17-2008, 01:46 PM
My 12 year old son has been getting into Smackdown vs Raw 08. We will probably get him 09 for Christmas.

The career mode is pretty time consuming, so if you're just wanting to occupy his time that should do a pretty good job of it.

Lzen
11-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Ok so what shall I do? We're just waiting on J. Diddy and okcchief's game.

Okcchief, do you seriously think you can't put in an hour or so every 3 days? I mean, that doesn't seem like much to me. Do you want to stay in or not?

J Diddy
11-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Ok so what shall I do? We're just waiting on J. Diddy and okcchief's game.

Okcchief, do you seriously think you can't put in an hour or so every 3 days? I mean, that doesn't seem like much to me. Do you want to stay in or not?

He said he couldn't make it and for us to go on without him. Please set the game to cpu so I can play it. I'm off tomorrow and will play it then or tonight if you are awake and can set it.

Lzen
11-18-2008, 08:29 AM
He said he couldn't make it and for us to go on without him. Please set the game to cpu so I can play it. I'm off tomorrow and will play it then or tonight if you are awake and can set it.

I will set him on autopilot when I get home.

okcchief
11-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah, sorry.

I like playing humans but when it comes down to it I have so much gaming time and there are games I would much rather play right now. I did want to play JDiddy in our big grudge match but I didn't have enough time last night :D

I'll definately hit you guys up to play a game when I see you online. I just don't want to be held down to playing a game every three days. I don't want to hold you guys up since you seem to zoom without me.

So Mecca, if I like wrestling games is SD vs Raw a good buy? THe last one I played was 07. Is it vastly improved?

Coach
11-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Just borrowed this game and the PS 3 from my brother. Pretty cool game. One glitch that I hate the most is when the QB needs to take off running, and when it crosses the line of scrimmage, it likes "hesistates" or something and slows it down from full speed, before having to go back to full speed.

J Diddy
11-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Just borrowed this game and the PS 3 from my brother. Pretty cool game. One glitch that I hate the most is when the QB needs to take off running, and when it crosses the line of scrimmage, it likes "hesistates" or something and slows it down from full speed, before having to go back to full speed.

I don't know if that so much a glitch as it is an equalizer. Alot of people, especially online players will sub a fast hb in at qb run a hailmary and just take off running.

Mecca
11-20-2008, 10:32 PM
I hope I do really well in recruiting this year and can land some of the D players I need, I still at this point can't really run the defense I want to run.

J Diddy
11-20-2008, 11:38 PM
I hope I do really well in recruiting this year and can land some of the D players I need, I still at this point can't really run the defense I want to run.

Well that sucks.

Mecca
11-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Diddy....question you are aware based in your bars I may be wrong here, that you are heavily recruiting 2 guys that play the same position yes?

The athlete McKenzie...is a FS.

J Diddy
11-22-2008, 01:35 AM
Diddy....question you are aware based in your bars I may be wrong here, that you are heavily recruiting 2 guys that play the same position yes?

The athlete McKenzie...is a FS.

why do you want him?

If so then yes

:evil:

Mecca
11-22-2008, 01:38 AM
why do you want him?

If so then yes

:evil:

No no I'm recruiting him but he isn't one of my must haves, when I first started I assumed he was a CB due to his size but when his early playing time pitch for my school was only very good at not elite I realized he wasn't a CB.

I just curious why you were heavily recruiting 2 5 star players at the same position but I doubt your team has many needs, oddly I have both those players on my board but odds are you can get them both if you want your school has better pitches than mine and obviously Penn State can get a kid over NC.

I wish I had more than 25 to offer where you can pick and choose, it sucks for me that 2 of the top guys interested in me are FS's when I don't really need that.

J Diddy
11-22-2008, 01:42 AM
No no I'm recruiting him but he isn't one of my must haves, when I first started I assumed he was a CB due to his size but when his early playing time pitch for my school was only very good at not elite I realized he wasn't a CB.

I just curious why you were heavily recruiting 2 5 star players at the same position but I doubt your team has many needs, oddly I have both those players on my board but odds are you can get them both if you want your school has better pitches than mine and obviously Penn State can get a kid over NC.

I wish I had more than 25 to offer where you can pick and choose, it sucks for me that 2 of the top guys interested in me are FS's when I don't really need that.

Longing for the good ol days at USC, eh?

Why must you keep bringing up USC?:D

Truth be told if I get one and it looks like I will get the other I will reevaluate my draft board.

Mecca
11-22-2008, 01:45 AM
Longing for the good ol days at USC, eh?

Why must you keep bringing up USC?:D

Truth be told if I get one and it looks like I will get the other I will reevaluate my draft board.

Well they're both top 10 players....if you suck at the position it'd probably be worth signing them both.

I have them on my board but I'm a situation where I have to sign 4-5 CB's and 6-8 OL's. Not to mention 2-4 LB's.

Thankfully this year I have legit guys interested like I may sign 3 or 4 top 10 CB's which is a huge upgrade from last year.

J Diddy
11-22-2008, 01:48 AM
Well they're both top 10 players....if you suck at the position it'd probably be worth signing them both.

I have them on my board but I'm a situation where I have to sign 4-5 CB's and 6-8 OL's. Not to mention 2-4 LB's.

Thankfully this year I have legit guys interested like I may sign 3 or 4 top 10 CB's which is a huge upgrade from last year.

If only we can pull trades off. BTW, I can't believe you're still playing that turd of a game that is madden.

Mecca
11-22-2008, 01:54 AM
If only we can pull trades off. BTW, I can't believe you're still playing that turd of a game that is madden.

Maddens ok after awhile, I still like drafting the college guys and all so I do alot of simming and offseason stuff.

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to sign FB's and Centers on this game.....even with a team like USC I'd always sign a OT or a OG and move them to Center so I could have some depth at the position.

J Diddy
11-22-2008, 02:00 AM
Maddens ok after awhile, I still like drafting the college guys and all so I do alot of simming and offseason stuff.

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to sign FB's and Centers on this game.....even with a team like USC I'd always sign a OT or a OG and move them to Center so I could have some depth at the position.

I don't have that problem with Penn State. My problem is kickers. Always I get 2 good punters and no kickers.

Mecca
11-22-2008, 02:03 AM
I don't have that problem with Penn State. My problem is kickers. Always I get 2 good punters and no kickers.

Just move one they'll have the same kicking ratings....

I signed a 3 star kicker last year which on this game is like signing a top 20 player.

Lzen
11-22-2008, 11:33 AM

Amazing what winning a title can do for your recruiting. ;)

Lzen
11-22-2008, 11:35 AM

I have a hard time getting FBs. Also, TEs. I just assumed it was because I don't use them much with my type of offense.

J Diddy
11-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I have a hard time getting FBs. Also, TEs. I just assumed it was because I don't use them much with my type of offense.

most of my tight ends are converted wr's and most of my fbs are converted hb's

Most of what the game offers tight ends and fullbacks don't have much to offer, substandard speed and not much of an increase in blocking

Mecca
11-22-2008, 12:54 PM
It's because the game generates less FB's TE's and Centers..3 star players at those positions are recruited like 5 star guys at other positions.

J Diddy
11-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Hey Lzen,

I think I remember you saying feedback's your son, right? Anyway I sent him a message telling him to pick a time to play after 9 tonight or after the chiefs game on Sunday? If you could let me know when I'll be there.

Lzen
11-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Hey, Jeff. Blake is ready to go now. You around?

J Diddy
11-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey, Jeff. Blake is ready to go now. You around?

Hey set it up to have him play the cpu or something. 2 minutes left the game bounced us and he was whipping my butt quite handily.

Mecca
11-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Holy shit I just popped it in cause I had a couple guys visiting and I got a 5 star DT commit.

J Diddy
11-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Holy shit I just popped it in cause I had a couple guys visiting and I got a 5 star DT commit.

Cool, beat Ohio state for you so you should be moving up.

Lzen
11-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey set it up to have him play the cpu or something. 2 minutes left the game bounced us and he was whipping my butt quite handily.

I was out working in the yard, but coming in and out of the house but, yeah, I saw that. Looked kind of close for awhile. I have not seen it bounce the players late in the game like that in a long while. Probably the last time that has happened that I can remember was last season when I played Mecca.

OU's defense is really good. May not be the best when you look at the overall rating, but there are a lot of talented starters on that unit.

Mecca
11-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Looks like another week is down I started playing my game and when I was done I noticed trav played his game aswell.

J Diddy
11-24-2008, 06:25 PM
I was out working in the yard, but coming in and out of the house but, yeah, I saw that. Looked kind of close for awhile. I have not seen it bounce the players late in the game like that in a long while. Probably the last time that has happened that I can remember was last season when I played Mecca.

OU's defense is really good. May not be the best when you look at the overall rating, but there are a lot of talented starters on that unit.

My KSU team was only ranked 67 overall so I was severely overmatched big time. I'm trying to get speed but my recruits aren't coming in very good at anything other than that.

Mecca
11-24-2008, 08:58 PM
My KSU team was only ranked 67 overall so I was severely overmatched big time. I'm trying to get speed but my recruits aren't coming in very good at anything other than that.

You can have a dude be like a 65 overall if he has a 95+ speed at HB or WR he can make some plays.

Lzen
11-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah, plus he has a back that was an OU transfer that helps a lot.

Lzen
11-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Holy cow. Don't look now, but KcGopher has Duke at 5-1. He just knocked off #14 Miami. Nice job.

Black Ice,
you need to get with Diddy and try to schedule a time to play your game. You can post here or send Diddy a smoke or XBL message. Should be a good game. Both teams are 4-0.

Mecca
11-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah, plus he has a back that was an OU transfer that helps a lot.

I saw that you advanced it but I haven't looked at it yet, did I get that MLB or is he still there...I figured if he didn't commit to me before your visit he'd commit on the visit to you.

Lzen
11-24-2008, 11:36 PM
I saw that you advanced it but I haven't looked at it yet, did I get that MLB or is he still there...I figured if he didn't commit to me before your visit he'd commit on the visit to you.
I don't recall him committing, but I will have to double check.

Damn, Diddy. I was just looking at your Kstate roster (in the feedback71 dynasty for those that are confused). You entire WR corps are freshmen. Of course, that will help you in the long run. They all have better than 90 speed. Speed is huge.

You definitely have some talent on that team in places. Just not everywhere and some is very young talent. Like your defense has a couple of real solid CBs and a couple of good DTs. You are building well, it seems.

Mecca
11-24-2008, 11:41 PM
I literally have the worst MLB's on the game I'm sure...I'm starting an OLB at MLB right now..I think his name is Cleveland, he was soft to me last week.

Lzen
11-25-2008, 09:21 AM
I looked last night and it appears that you got one of the MLBs. And you have another one or 2 that are interested. I think you will be vastly improved at that position. You and Diddy seem to be neck and neck in the running for some of those MLBs.

J Diddy
11-25-2008, 09:51 AM
I looked last night and it appears that you got one of the MLBs. And you have another one or 2 that are interested. I think you will be vastly improved at that position. You and Diddy seem to be neck and neck in the running for some of those MLBs.

http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/tv2/movies/wk49_ready_rumble_c_two.jpg

I will rule you.

J Diddy
11-26-2008, 12:05 AM
holy shit

I just beat travnasty 65-63 in quadruple overtime. His defense was insane. ( I know the score doesn't represent it but 2 pick sixes and a fumble return for a td)

It was an insanely good game and if you come on here black ice. That was awesome.

Lzen
11-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Very cool. This is all the more reason to have human vs human matchups. :)

Our game in the feedback71 dynasty the other day was kind of wacky, but lots of fun. Obviously not as wacky as quadruple OT, sure. There were a couple of times that I was thinking "Jeff must be cussing right about now". ROFL But then you would pull another play out of your.......uhhhh....well...you know.

J Diddy
11-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Very cool. This is all the more reason to have human vs human matchups. :)

Our game in the feedback71 dynasty the other day was kind of wacky, but lots of fun. Obviously not as wacky as quadruple OT, sure. There were a couple of times that I was thinking "Jeff must be cussing right about now". ROFL But then you would pull another play out of your.......uhhhh....well...you know.

I was cussing, not near as bad as when your son whipped, and I do mean whipped, my ass.

Good news is that's the last user vs. user game this year and with a solid strength of schedule I stand a pretty good chance of going undefeated. That and I'm ranked number 3 and the number 1 and number 2 team played this weak as well. So I stand a pretty decent chance to be in the championship game.

J Diddy
11-27-2008, 02:02 AM
get ready mecca, I see you and me duking it out for the national championship

Texas could run the field, but they got a user team (shredder) final game of the season

Mecca
11-27-2008, 02:05 AM
I'd rather play a computer team...

J Diddy
11-27-2008, 02:06 AM
I'd rather play a computer team...

as would I, but that appears to not be our fate

Lzen
11-29-2008, 07:07 PM
get ready mecca, I see you and me duking it out for the national championship

Texas could run the field, but they got a user team (shredder) final game of the season

Heh, I already knocked OU out of the #1 spot for you guys. Perhaps I can take Texas out of the picture for you, too. :)

J Diddy
11-30-2008, 03:08 AM
Heh, I already knocked OU out of the #1 spot for you guys. Perhaps I can take Texas out of the picture for you, too. :)

i'd feel alot better if you could knock mecca out

Mecca
11-30-2008, 03:57 AM
i'd feel alot better if you could knock mecca out

LOL...you're the favorite your team is significantly better than mine..atleast for now.

J Diddy
11-30-2008, 04:00 AM
LOL...you're the favorite your team is significantly better than mine..atleast for now.

yeah, but you must have some psycho stick skills cause you're rough

GoTrav
11-30-2008, 10:07 AM
holy shit

I just beat travnasty 65-63 in quadruple overtime. His defense was insane. ( I know the score doesn't represent it but 2 pick sixes and a fumble return for a td)

It was an insanely good game and if you come on here black ice. That was awesome.

Probably the best game my team has played =) But that effort also seems to have ruined my team for the following week with Michigan at home. I couldn't do crap in that game. My QB was having a hell of a time even trying to complete a screen pass. Like always, I fall in love with the pass, and end up throwing the game away. And I think I was robbed in my rank. I held my own against the #3 Penn State on their home turf and it really did nothing to improve my rank and losing to, at the time, #23 ranked Michigan really screwed me =(

I also got a RRoD during the feedback dynasty but all seems well so far. I'll be extremely pissed if my console that's less than a year old takes a sh1t.

GoTrav
11-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Holy cow. Don't look now, but KcGopher has Duke at 5-1. He just knocked off #14 Miami. Nice job.

Black Ice,
you need to get with Diddy and try to schedule a time to play your game. You can post here or send Diddy a smoke or XBL message. Should be a good game. Both teams are 4-0.

Gopher has one player on that team, Martin #20 HB who was at one time the leading candidate for the Heisman but his stud player went down for three weeks.

J Diddy
11-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Probably the best game my team has played =) But that effort also seems to have ruined my team for the following week with Michigan at home. I couldn't do crap in that game. My QB was having a hell of a time even trying to complete a screen pass. Like always, I fall in love with the pass, and end up throwing the game away. And I think I was robbed in my rank. I held my own against the #3 Penn State on their home turf and it really did nothing to improve my rank and losing to, at the time, #23 ranked Michigan really screwed me =(

I also got a RRoD during the feedback dynasty but all seems well so far. I'll be extremely pissed if my console that's less than a year old takes a sh1t.

That would suck alot. It should still be under warranty. i'd almost be tempted to get the replacement before the warranty was up

Mecca
12-01-2008, 01:21 AM
Another week down just like that....Diddy did you decide not to sign both those 5 star guys at the same position because I notice you got one soft to you and I jumped you on the other one...

J Diddy
12-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Another week down just like that....Diddy did you decide not to sign both those 5 star guys at the same position because I notice you got one soft to you and I jumped you on the other one...

Yeah I'm looking at shoring my roster, so I decided after I got the one I needed to get some other positions.

Geez I just realized I signed two bad ass qb's.

Mecca
12-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Yeah I'm looking at shoring my roster, so I decided after I got the one I needed to get some other positions.

Geez I just realized I signed two bad ass qb's.

I looked at your commit list and saw you had 2 QB's after signing one last year I was like damn he must want to make sure he's always got a QB.

I only have 5 schollies left but I've had a year of no thrills signings just a bunch of OL and D players.

J Diddy
12-01-2008, 01:31 AM
I looked at your commit list and saw you had 2 QB's after signing one last year I was like damn he must want to make sure he's always got a QB.

I only have 5 schollies left but I've had a year of no thrills signings just a bunch of OL and D players.

I got the one last year but he is woefully inaccurate, speedy, but can't pass. I've wound up playing devlin over him. I'm getting ready to lose 1 or 2 qb's next year and I'll probably release 1 to bring it to 3. Probably gonna go with one of the qb's as the starter next year.

My d is playing insane right now. My offense is my weakness. My o line is getting rebuilt pretty good after losing everybody the first year. I have a blazing fast rb who is a freshman and he's tearing it up plus a pretty good power back. My wr core is lacking the speed I want but they're not bad.

Mecca
12-01-2008, 01:38 AM
I have a 6'7 WR with 97 speed I signed in recruiting he's already my 1...I like to redshirt my incoming freshman if I can but I had no choice but to let him play.

My defense still isn't where I want it which is why I spent so many schollies on D this year, next year I will probably have a ton of guys starting and playing key roles that are either true freshman/rs freshman or sophomores.

J Diddy
12-01-2008, 01:41 AM
I have a 6'7 WR with 97 speed I signed in recruiting he's already my 1...I like to redshirt my incoming freshman if I can but I had no choice but to let him play.

My defense still isn't where I want it which is why I spent so many schollies on D this year, next year I will probably have a ton of guys starting and playing key roles that are either true freshman/rs freshman or sophomores.

The d thing is what I went through last year. This year has been mostly offense. I'm starting to get some depth. Hell my 5 star ss from last year can't even barely get on the field this year. Sukay just makes plays even though he's about 5 points slower than the new guy.

Mecca
12-01-2008, 01:44 AM
The d thing is what I went through last year. This year has been mostly offense. I'm starting to get some depth. Hell my 5 star ss from last year can't even barely get on the field this year. Sukay just makes plays even though he's about 5 points slower than the new guy.

My 2 starting CB's next year will without a doubt be true freshman that just seems like I'm asking for it doesn't it?

J Diddy
12-01-2008, 01:50 AM
My 2 starting CB's next year will without a doubt be true freshman that just seems like I'm asking for it doesn't it?

plan on playing alot of zone next year,eh?

Mecca
12-01-2008, 01:53 AM
plan on playing alot of zone next year,eh?

I don't play zone very often so no....I will still play press man most of the time...one of those guys is the #1 CB recruit this year so I would hope he can atleast handle it.

I'm going to have a very young defense for the most part...lets hope their talent ratings outshine their experience ones. I do have a redshirted OLB with 88 speed so he'll be seeing the field next year just because of that rating.

Mecca
12-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Oh shit top 5 player commit!

Lzen
12-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Holy moly, Batman! I am on a role. I knocked off #5 Texas last night. You're welcome. :D

J Diddy
12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Holy moly, Batman! I am on a role. I knocked off #5 Texas last night. You're welcome. :D

I think you're doing everything in your power to set up mecca and me in the NC game.

:cuss:

I want an easy computer opponent.

Lzen
12-02-2008, 12:37 PM
I think you're doing everything in your power to set up mecca and me in the NC game.

:cuss:

I want an easy computer opponent.

Isn't that what I am supposed to do? :evil:

Mecca
12-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Great I was looking at stats....Duke guys QB has nearly as many rushing attempts as his RB does...and he doesn't have a WR or TE with more than 8 catches on the season...I can't guess how he plays...

More running QB fun...blah.

Lzen
12-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Great I was looking at stats....Duke guys QB has nearly as many rushing attempts as his RB does...and he doesn't have a WR or TE with more than 8 catches on the season...I can't guess how he plays...

More running QB fun...blah.

Come on, dude. It's not that big a deal. I think you can handle it. I haven't looked at his team, but I wouldn't think it is a stretch to say that you probably have a lot more talent. Most times, that talent wins out in the end. That doesn't even take into consideration that you're pretty freakin' good at this game. So quit yer whining and man up! :p

J Diddy
12-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Come on, dude. It's not that big a deal. I think you can handle it. I haven't looked at his team, but I wouldn't think it is a stretch to say that you probably have a lot more talent. Most times, that talent wins out in the end. That doesn't even take into consideration that you're pretty freakin' good at this game. So quit yer whining and man up! :p

So when you advance the league anyway, everybody's done aren't they?

Lzen
12-03-2008, 01:11 PM
When I looked last night, KCgopher had not done his recruiting. I will check when I get home today. I sent him a message telling that we were just waiting on him to do that. I will be home around 5pm. If that is done, I will advance it.

J Diddy
12-03-2008, 01:20 PM
When I looked last night, KCgopher had not done his recruiting. I will check when I get home today. I sent him a message telling that we were just waiting on him to do that. I will be home around 5pm. If that is done, I will advance it.

dammit, now he's running around the recruiting.

Lzen
12-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Damn, Mecca! 70-3 :eek: ??!!?? And you were crying about playing him. :shake:

J Diddy
12-03-2008, 08:12 PM

so i take it the new week is here

Mecca
12-03-2008, 08:23 PM

His team was worse than I thought it was....I don't really think that score should reflect on the kind of player he is, I'd probably get worked if I was using Duke also.

And turnovers skewed the score, and he didn't play like I expected I expected a ton of QB running but he was really nothing like the UCLA guy so that's what I get for assuming.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 08:25 PM
so i take it the new week is here

Yea you're the only one that hasn't played.......I'm not looking forward to playing you either....:p

J Diddy
12-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Yea you're the only one that hasn't played.......I'm not looking forward to playing you either....:p

I just played, beat michigan at michigan 35-0

Pretty sure my rb is gonna win the heisman

Mecca
12-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I just played, beat michigan at michigan 35-0

Pretty sure my rb is gonna win the heisman

No way mine is!

My guy does kickoffs and punts too so added advantage!

J Diddy
12-03-2008, 09:41 PM
No way mine is!

My guy does kickoffs and punts too so added advantage!

yeah so does mine

Matter of fact has several returns for tds.

edit:

no he doesn't but has good average

Mecca
12-03-2008, 09:44 PM
yeah so does mine

Matter of fact has several returns for tds.

You should compare our 2 guys......I know my guy is leading the returner of the year award.

Ben Jackson.....he's an example of speed being the most important stat because he's only a 70 something overall.

J Diddy
12-03-2008, 09:47 PM
You should compare our 2 guys......I know my guy is leading the returner of the year award.

Ben Jackson.....he's an example of speed being the most important stat because he's only a 70 something overall.

I did

I've got 1300 yards rushing and 23 touchdowns

didn't look up rec yards or tds

Mecca
12-03-2008, 09:50 PM
I did

I've got 1300 yards rushing and 23 touchdowns

didn't look up rec yards or tds

I think you have more TD's I use 2 RB's....I think I may have more total yards though because I'm over 2000 all purpose yards.

J Diddy
12-03-2008, 09:54 PM
I think you have more TD's I use 2 RB's....I think I may have more total yards though because I'm over 2000 all purpose yards.

does that include returns?

Mecca
12-03-2008, 09:55 PM
does that include returns?

Yes...if you look at the Heisman listing under my guys name it lists total yards because of all of his return stats.

J Diddy
12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Yes...if you look at the Heisman listing under my guys name it lists total yards because of all of his return stats.

I'm pretty sure I've surpassed 2000 myself, my guy returns kick offs and punts plus you know I like the back out of the backfield pass.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm pretty sure I've surpassed 2000 myself, my guy returns kick offs and punts plus you know I like the back out of the backfield pass.

You probably have a good chance of beating me for it because Jackson isn't even my starting RB, I spell him in at times, throw him passes let him do his thing in the return game but he never gets 20 carries or anything like that.

J Diddy
12-04-2008, 01:06 AM
You probably have a good chance of beating me for it because Jackson isn't even my starting RB, I spell him in at times, throw him passes let him do his thing in the return game but he never gets 20 carries or anything like that.

chrissakes 1311 yards punt return with 8 tds

I'm gonna be pissed if my rb loses the heisman to a punt returner.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 01:08 AM
chrissakes 1311 yards punt return with 8 tds

I'm gonna be pissed if my rb loses the heisman to a punt returner.

Cmon now he's more than just a returner...he just happens to be very good at returning.

J Diddy
12-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Cmon now he's more than just a returner...he just happens to be very good at returning.

i can tell you straight up, when we play there's no frigging way in hell I kick to him

It'll be out of bounds every time.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 01:17 AM
i can tell you straight up, when we play there's no frigging way in hell I kick to him

It'll be out of bounds every time.

Oh cmon why not?

Funny story..in the Duke game he punted the 1st one normally and I returned it 40 yards...from then on out every time he punted he hit a high short one on purpose...

Don't worry he's my #2 RB so he'll get on the field and get some touches one way or another.

J Diddy
12-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Oh cmon why not?

Funny story..in the Duke game he punted the 1st one normally and I returned it 40 yards...from then on out every time he punted he hit a high short one on purpose...

Don't worry he's my #2 RB so he'll get on the field and get some touches one way or another.

I got a 96 rated d with hella speed, it'll be fun.

why the hell didn't he just boot it out of bounds.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 01:21 AM
I got a 96 rated d with hella speed, it'll be fun.

why the hell didn't he just boot it out of bounds.

If you do that wrong you'll either kick it right down the middle or hit a 20 yard punt...I guess you have to weigh what you're more scared of, my returner or giving me great field position.

J Diddy
12-04-2008, 09:01 AM
If you do that wrong you'll either kick it right down the middle or hit a 20 yard punt...I guess you have to weigh what you're more scared of, my returner or giving me great field position.

I think that's something I'll be practicing the hell out of between now and then.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Yo Lzen.....I noticed you only have 1 FB, how do you manage that the game always makes me carry 2 even though it's a position that rarely plays for me...if there is a way to change that roster limit it would be awesome to know.

Lzen
12-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Yo Lzen.....I noticed you only have 1 FB, how do you manage that the game always makes me carry 2 even though it's a position that rarely plays for me...if there is a way to change that roster limit it would be awesome to know.

I don't know. Never thought about it. Hell, I can't even get any FBs recruited. I guess maybe it has to do with the fact that I run a spread offense and don't use a FB much at all.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't know. Never thought about it. Hell, I can't even get any FBs recruited. I guess maybe it has to do with the fact that I run a spread offense and don't use a FB much at all.

Hrm the game always makes me carry 2..if I have 1 and don't recruit 1 it'll give me a walkon that can't be cut.

Almost all of of my offense is run out of single back so carrying 2 FB's is a waste so I was just curious if there was something you changed to make that work.

J Diddy
12-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Hrm the game always makes me carry 2..if I have 1 and don't recruit 1 it'll give me a walkon that can't be cut.

Almost all of of my offense is run out of single back so carrying 2 FB's is a waste so I was just curious if there was something you changed to make that work.

I only have 1 as well .

Mecca
12-04-2008, 11:25 PM
I only have 1 as well .

Nah you have 2 I looked...Kansas and Purdue both only have 1...

I'm still comin for that Heisman, I just absolutely killed North Texas..Ben Jackson with a big game!

Interestingly I broke 2 single game records then when I came back they were gone...do they not show till the end of the year or do they just not take?

I've broken the longest INT return twice this season now...and longest punt return.

J Diddy
12-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Nah you have 2 I looked...Kansas and Purdue both only have 1...

I'm still comin for that Heisman, I just absolutely killed North Texas..Ben Jackson with a big game!

Interestingly I broke 2 single game records then when I came back they were gone...do they not show till the end of the year or do they just not take?

I've broken the longest INT return twice this season now...and longest punt return.

good luck

my guy also had a big game 213 yards rushing with 2 tds putting him at 25 rushing tds on the year

he broke a 95 yarder off unscathed.

God i'm happy he's only a freshman.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 11:52 PM
good luck

my guy also had a big game 213 yards rushing with 2 tds putting him at 25 rushing tds on the year

he broke a 95 yarder off unscathed.

God i'm happy he's only a freshman.

Well I had over 300 yards on punt returns alone...this is an odd matchup it's your workhorse against my big play guy.

J Diddy
12-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Well I had over 300 yards on punt returns alone...this is an odd matchup it's your workhorse against my big play guy.

I also noticed you got a wr in the mix as well.

Mecca
12-05-2008, 12:12 AM
I also noticed you got a wr in the mix as well.

Yea that's my 6'7 97 speed guy.....if he runs in a straight line he's great....he doesn't cut or spin very well though he's big and fast in a straight line but there's like no moves to him.

J Diddy
12-05-2008, 01:49 AM
I just bitch slapped some cheese dick online that was like 26-10. Fugger kept running 50 yards back and heave hoeing. I was beating him 31-9 when he kept jumping offsides then the game booted him.

J Diddy
12-07-2008, 10:15 PM
damn mecca, you get you some recruits?

geez, I thought I was doing well until I saw you had 7 5 star and 18 4 stars

Mecca
12-07-2008, 10:18 PM
damn mecca, you get you some recruits?

geez, I thought I was doing well until I saw you had 7 5 star and 18 4 stars

LOL, yea I just finished up this week...I had my entire board visit between weeks 4-7 so I could get them early.

Alot of those guys are going to have to play right away so don't worry having an entire freshman defense will probably hurt me.

J Diddy
12-07-2008, 11:18 PM
LOL, yea I just finished up this week...I had my entire board visit between weeks 4-7 so I could get them early.

Alot of those guys are going to have to play right away so don't worry having an entire freshman defense will probably hurt me.

I see your rb had a great game last week. Mine had an exceptional one this week, 9 total td's
1 on punt return 500 yards rushing on 17 carries

Mecca
12-08-2008, 01:17 AM
I have an extra game probably really isn't fair but I have a conference championship.

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 01:33 AM
I have an extra game probably really isn't fair but I have a conference championship.

Get it. I hope you win.

Mecca
12-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Get it. I hope you win.

I have fuckin FSU again..I had them last year too.

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 01:43 AM
I have ****in FSU again..I had them last year too.

well it'll take a stellar performance but in the end if you win I'll be cool with that

that being said me, you and the nc game

Watch out for douglas, cause he's a beast

Mecca
12-08-2008, 01:45 AM
well it'll take a stellar performance but in the end if you win I'll be cool with that

that being said me, you and the nc game

Watch out for douglas, cause he's a beast

Well I have a 6'7 WR so that matches your guy!

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 02:14 AM
Well I have a 6'7 WR so that matches your guy!

well so, i got a couple of wrinkles for ya

Mecca
12-08-2008, 02:21 AM
You mean like not punting it to me?

Mecca
12-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Just remember..you're the #1 team and the better team, so the pressure is on you...:)

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 03:00 AM
You mean like not punting it to me?

that's just common sense

1300 yds in punt returns with 8 td's

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 03:00 AM
Just remember..you're the #1 team and the better team, so the pressure is on you...:)

I bet overall you're ranked higher.

Mecca
12-08-2008, 03:01 AM
I bet overall you're ranked higher.

My team overall is an 89...I'm not even the highest rated team in my conference.

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 03:23 AM
My team overall is an 89...I'm not even the highest rated team in my conference.

see my team overall is 86

96 on d

79 on o

Mecca
12-08-2008, 03:28 AM
see my team overall is 86

96 on d

79 on o

Your offense sucks the butt hole what happened?

Your D is better than mine I'm a 92 on D and an 87 on O.

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 03:35 AM
Your offense sucks the butt hole what happened?

Your D is better than mine I'm a 92 on D and an 87 on O.

after the first season I lost just about everybody

year before last was spent rebuilding the d
this year the o

I am a young team, 9 of 11 starters on d are sophomores

5 of 11 this year on o are freshman

Mecca
12-08-2008, 03:37 AM
after the first season I lost just about everybody

year before last was spent rebuilding the d
this year the o

I am a young team, 9 of 11 starters on d are sophomores

5 of 11 this year on o are freshman

Don't you have like a 90 something rated QB?

The only thing I noticed with your team that would frustrate me is you lack big play speed at WR.

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 03:41 AM
Don't you have like a 90 something rated QB?

The only thing I noticed with your team that would frustrate me is you lack big play speed at WR.

yep he's 3rd on the depth chart, starting a true freshman ranked 82
I went away from him for a bit and he probably wont be the answer, hence the 2 5 star qbs I signed.

I got alot of possession receivers, who get decent quicks, but nothing striking fear.

It's almost like I'm usc and youre penn state

Mecca
12-08-2008, 03:49 AM
yep he's 3rd on the depth chart, starting a true freshman ranked 82
I went away from him for a bit and he probably wont be the answer, hence the 2 5 star qbs I signed.

I got alot of possession receivers, who get decent quicks, but nothing striking fear.

It's almost like I'm usc and youre penn state

Oh you're playing that fast guy at QB, I signed one last year with 88 speed but his passing stuff sucks which means he'll probably always be a backup on my team he's redshirted this year.

I'll take a big immobile guy that can pass over the fast guy that can't. Of course you've played me a bunch of times you know my style, get a dominant line mix some RB's behind that and then go to playaction. More than anything the way I play means I need a QB with a strong arm because I do like to throw down the field.

Right now the hardest thing for me is I just have no depth at all, I'm generally use to being able to recruit guys, redshirt them let them play in blowouts for a year or 2 before they start.

Do you have like a super speed defense....

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 03:53 AM
Oh you're playing that fast guy at QB, I signed one last year with 88 speed but his passing stuff sucks which means he'll probably always be a backup on my team he's redshirted this year.

I'll take a big immobile guy that can pass over the fast guy that can't. Of course you've played me a bunch of times you know my style, get a dominant line mix some RB's behind that and then go to playaction. More than anything the way I play means I need a QB with a strong arm because I do like to throw down the field.

Right now the hardest thing for me is I just have no depth at all, I'm generally use to being able to recruit guys, redshirt them let them play in blowouts for a year or 2 before they start.

Do you have like a super speed defense....

pretty quick

the determining factor on the qb though was he was pretty close to the 90 ranked senior in thp and tha

the awareness was the huge difference, and you know me, I like to run the qb

Mecca
12-08-2008, 03:59 AM
Right now honestly my saving grace is playing defense well and forcing turnovers and getting big plays on special taems..I am so far from where I want to be on offense.

And this is the last year of my QB I'll take a serious hit at that position going into next year.

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Right now honestly my saving grace is playing defense well and forcing turnovers and getting big plays on special taems..I am so far from where I want to be on offense.

And this is the last year of my QB I'll take a serious hit at that position going into next year.
I'll trade you a 5 star qb for your wide receiver.

Mecca
12-08-2008, 04:09 AM
I'll trade you a 5 star qb for your wide receiver.

LOL, funny story about that guy...I don't have alot of WR weaponary he's my big one...

He was a 4 star guy I think somewhere between 25-30 for WR's so he wasn't a great recruit by any means, I was just scanning through trying to find guys to sign last year at about week 7 after I had lost some guys because I knew I needed to find a weapon.

So I come on this guy, I realize he hasn't been recruited at all by the computer teams he has a lack of offers, I notice he's 6'7 then I see he has a 4.24..so I assume he's going to run at a 92 speed and that's good enough for his size.

I recruit him all through get him to the offseason make some promises and he signs with me over Missouri which did make me laugh a bit...we get to the one screen and I see he has 97 speed and I was just like holy shit.

He's honestly exactly what you'd expect for a 6'7 guy..his 97 speed is evident when he runs straight but he doesn't cut or spin very well and it's nearly impossible to make someone miss. But I guess a 6'7 guy lacking agility and quick change of direction moves is pretty realistic.

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 04:17 AM
LOL, funny story about that guy...I don't have alot of WR weaponary he's my big one...

He was a 4 star guy I think somewhere between 25-30 for WR's so he wasn't a great recruit by any means, I was just scanning through trying to find guys to sign last year at about week 7 after I had lost some guys because I knew I needed to find a weapon.

So I come on this guy, I realize he hasn't been recruited at all by the computer teams he has a lack of offers, I notice he's 6'7 then I see he has a 4.24..so I assume he's going to run at a 92 speed and that's good enough for his size.

I recruit him all through get him to the offseason make some promises and he signs with me over Missouri which did make me laugh a bit...we get to the one screen and I see he has 97 speed and I was just like holy shit.

He's honestly exactly what you'd expect for a 6'7 guy..his 97 speed is evident when he runs straight but he doesn't cut or spin very well and it's nearly impossible to make someone miss. But I guess a 6'7 guy lacking agility and quick change of direction moves is pretty realistic.

well you better run alot of slants, because i play alot of man under

Mecca
12-08-2008, 04:21 AM
well you better run alot of slants, because i play alot of man under

Everytime I've played you, you've sat in some kind of zone basically the entire game...

The only time I can ever remember even catching you in a man was that online game where I hit Hazelton deep on the first play of the 2nd half.

I pretty much expect to have anyone who goes deep get double covered with the past history.

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 04:27 AM
Everytime I've played you, you've sat in some kind of zone basically the entire game...

The only time I can ever remember even catching you in a man was that online game where I hit Hazelton deep on the first play of the 2nd half.

I pretty much expect to have anyone who goes deep get double covered with the past history.

I play almost exclusively man under with safeties in cover 2 over the top

fwiw, the formation i used was a quarter 3 with blitz showing

looks like a 3-5

Lzen
12-08-2008, 08:21 AM
I see your rb had a great game last week. Mine had an exceptional one this week, 9 total td's
1 on punt return 500 yards rushing on 17 carries

WTF? :eek:

Lzen
12-08-2008, 08:22 AM
I have ****in FSU again..I had them last year too.

Well, at least you didn't have Duke. He would probably be wanting some revenge. ;)

Lzen
12-08-2008, 08:23 AM

Lol. And you're the returning champ. Pressure is on both evenly.

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 12:52 PM
WTF? :eek:

everytime he touched the ball he was gone...............

He's a fast little dude.

Lzen
12-08-2008, 01:01 PM
everytime he touched the ball he was gone...............

He's a fast little dude.

Damn. I wish there was a way that I could watch your game with Mecca. Sounds like it is gonna be epic. Perhaps you guys will have to upload the highlights to the EA servers afterward. ;)

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Damn. I wish there was a way that I could watch your game with Mecca. Sounds like it is gonna be epic. Perhaps you guys will have to upload the highlights to the EA servers afterward. ;)

I'm sure in the end one of us will be pissed.

Mecca
12-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Well, at least you didn't have Duke. He would probably be wanting some revenge. ;)

Me and him are in the same divisional split so we can't play in the championship game.

Mecca
12-09-2008, 10:11 PM
ACC champions!

Lzen
12-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Big 12 Champions!

And hey, I never thought this would happen, but my freshman RB ended up 4th in the Heisman voting. I know, it was still a landslide. But I'm just glad that I have a good back for the future.

It was a tough season. My defense struggled early, but really got it going despite not having a lot of great talent like the powerhouse schools. Had to replace my starting QB a few weeks in when I realized that he cracks under pressure (see Nebraska game). But all was good in the end. Even beat Oklahoma twice. :)

Funny thing is that I started the season against Travnasty7's team (Purdue) and I am ending the season in the Fiesta Bowl against.......you guessed it......Travnasy7's team.

Mecca
12-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Wait who won the Heisman? I haven't been on today...

J Diddy
12-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Wait who won the Heisman? I haven't been on today...

nor have I

Lzen
12-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Mecca's guy won the Heisman. J.Diddy's guy was 2nd.

Lzen
12-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Ok, there is one thing about this game that still pisses me off. In the feeback71 dynasty, UTEP is ranked number 1 because they're undefeated. They have not played one single team with a winning record. WTF? And that is the BCS ranking. Obviously, if EA had made the game like the real BCS ranking, it would take UTEP's schedule into account and they would not be ranked that high. Now maybe top 25, sure. Maybe even top 15, but not even #1 overall. That is retarded. Especially when there are several 1 loss teams from power conferences.
Heh, just looked to see what conference UTEP is in. Apparenlty, it is Conference USA. Only 4 teams out of 12 in that conference even have a winning record and UTEP did not even have to play the other 3. :rolleyes: