PDA

View Full Version : Video Games NCAA 09 online dynasty started by HC Chief

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

J Diddy
12-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Mecca's guy won the Heisman. J.Diddy's guy was 2nd.

urgh, that's a bunch of bullshit.

Lzen
12-10-2008, 06:28 PM
urgh, that's a bunch of bullshit.

Yes. Yes it is. I have an idea to fix it, though.

Mecca
12-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Hey my guy had nearly 3500 all purpose yards and over 30 TD's, he's deserving!

Lzen
12-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Whoops. I thought J. Diddy was replying to my diatribe about UTEP being #1 in the feedback71 dynasty. No, the Heisman thing is alright. Both guys were deserving, IMO. Only 1 can win it.

Mecca
12-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Whoops. I thought J. Diddy was replying to my diatribe about UTEP being #1 in the feedback71 dynasty. No, the Heisman thing is alright. Both guys were deserving, IMO. Only 1 can win it.

If you play a long drawn out dynasty 1 or several teams like San Diego State, North Texas, Utep and the like become good because of the states they are in...if you ever started a dynasty with one of those teams it's really not that hard to make those teams good.

Lzen
12-10-2008, 06:48 PM
No Mecca. I don't think you understand. UTEP is bad. They are ranked low to mid 60s overall.

Lzen
12-10-2008, 06:49 PM
But that still doesn't make them #1 overall. My only loss is to Missouri who is currently ranked in the top 10.

Mecca
12-10-2008, 07:12 PM
That's weird...usually if a team in a bad conference goes undefeated they get placed behind the other teams due to bad schedule..

The other team I've seen go undefeated a bunch of times is BYU.

J Diddy
12-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Hey my guy had nearly 3500 all purpose yards and over 30 TD's, he's deserving!

They gave it to a guy who made most of his yardage on punt returns vs. a guy who set ncaa records for rushing in a season, most tds in a season and destroyed every school record there was.

If this was real life and I was that guy I'd go postal.

That being said, he's deserving.

J Diddy
12-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Ok, there is one thing about this game that still pisses me off. In the feeback71 dynasty, UTEP is ranked number 1 because they're undefeated. They have not played one single team with a winning record. WTF? And that is the BCS ranking. Obviously, if EA had made the game like the real BCS ranking, it would take UTEP's schedule into account and they would not be ranked that high. Now maybe top 25, sure. Maybe even top 15, but not even #1 overall. That is retarded. Especially when there are several 1 loss teams from power conferences.
Heh, just looked to see what conference UTEP is in. Apparenlty, it is Conference USA. Only 4 teams out of 12 in that conference even have a winning record and UTEP did not even have to play the other 3. :rolleyes:

well it ain't gonna bode well for them in the nc game.

Lzen
12-10-2008, 07:41 PM
well it ain't gonna bode well for them in the nc game.

Nope. I fixed that problem. Normally, I would not want screw with it, but I was not about to let that BS happen. Ole Miss, a team who was 4-7 going into the game, just kicked UTEP's ass. Final score was 38-7. I hope that drops them far enough that none of us have to play them.

J Diddy
12-11-2008, 10:56 PM
gg mecca, you bastard

Mecca
12-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Good game your RB has like super speed...

Lzen, when you advance that tomorrow tell me when it's going to be, either on here or on there whatever.

You have to be on when it advances to get your players back and I have no scholarships left to offer and a couple guys leaving I'd like back, all I'll need is 10 minutes if that so I'd appreciate it.

So if you can let me know when so I can be in the dynasty and do my players I'd greatly appreciate it.

J Diddy
12-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Good game your RB has like super speed...

Lzen, when you advance that tomorrow tell me when it's going to be, either on here or on there whatever.

You have to be on when it advances to get your players back and I have no scholarships left to offer and a couple guys leaving I'd like back, all I'll need is 10 minutes if that so I'd appreciate it.

So if you can let me know when so I can be in the dynasty and do my players I'd greatly appreciate it.

my o didn't have enough horses

Mecca
12-11-2008, 11:30 PM
my o didn't have enough horses

I wasn't very excited when you ran the opening kickoff back...

If you have anyone leaving early that you want back we should all try to be on at a certain time that Lzen is going to advance it so that way we can actually get them back.

Lzen
12-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Well, I usually look at it after work (around 5pm Central). It would be great if we could get all 4 of us (not 5 of us - Travnasty7 asked to be put on auto pilot) on at the same time for a couple of hours. But who knows how that is gonna work out. I will be on tomorrow after work like normal unless the wife has something for me (or us) to do.

Mecca
12-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Ok...well the only week that the game glitches and will screw you is on the players leaving screen, that's the most important one well unless no one else cares if they lose guys or not.

Ok so I'll pop on around 5 tomorrow and see if I can get my guys back.

J Diddy
12-12-2008, 02:01 AM
Well, I usually look at it after work (around 5pm Central). It would be great if we could get all 4 of us (not 5 of us - Travnasty7 asked to be put on auto pilot) on at the same time for a couple of hours. But who knows how that is gonna work out. I will be on tomorrow after work like normal unless the wife has something for me (or us) to do.

I won't be able to be on until at least 8 or 9, same with sat.

If everyone can wait that late, I'd be game.

Mecca
12-12-2008, 02:02 AM
I won't be able to be on until at least 8 or 9, same with sat.

If everyone can wait that late, I'd be game.

Damn you I watch Smackdown at 7! 9 would be ok though...

Mecca
12-12-2008, 02:06 AM
For the record Diddy I thought we played a good game, turnovers just swayed it.

J Diddy
12-12-2008, 02:10 AM
Damn you I watch Smackdown at 7! 9 would be ok though...

It'd probably be more like 9.

Mecca
12-12-2008, 02:12 AM
It'd probably be more like 9.

You got a bunch of guys leaving early?

J Diddy
12-12-2008, 02:13 AM
For the record Diddy I thought we played a good game, turnovers just swayed it.

Yeah, was pretty good. Probably should have stuck with the run a little more. You broke my rookie qb, but he's gonna be most likely a backup with 2 5 star coming in.

You switched your defense up a lot as well I noticed you were using the quarter in a show blitz. That's my thing, dammit.

Mecca
12-12-2008, 02:15 AM
Yeah, was pretty good. Probably should have stuck with the run a little more. You broke my rookie qb, but he's gonna be most likely a backup with 2 5 star coming in.

You switched your defense up a lot as well I noticed you were using the quarter in a show blitz. That's my thing, dammit.

I switched up in the 2nd half because up by 3 scores I figured, just no big plays if he scores he scores just make him burn up the clock.

J Diddy
12-12-2008, 02:15 AM
You got a bunch of guys leaving early?
I don't know I doubt it, the majority of my offense were freshman at least the ones who mattered most.

couple of my players on d probably but I've got some solid depth there.

Mecca
12-12-2008, 02:17 AM
I don't know I doubt it, the majority of my offense were freshman at least the ones who mattered most.

couple of my players on d probably but I've got some solid depth there.

If you played freshman over guys who were say juniors or sophs you may lose some guys on transfers.

J Diddy
12-12-2008, 02:29 AM
If you played freshman over guys who were say juniors or sophs you may lose some guys on transfers.

I dunno, had quite a few blowouts that gave them some playing time. Have to check it out tomorrow.

Mecca
12-12-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm sure you're fine either way, you have depth...I'm still trying to build that.

Mecca
12-12-2008, 05:54 AM
Ok well Lzen whenever 5 or 9 just let me know so I can be on when it moves.

Lzen
12-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Well, I guess that depends on Diddy and Gopher. Let me get on when I get off work and send Gopher a message to try to be on at 9pm. Or if you have access to it, you could send him a message for me, Mecca. You know, just to be sure he gets it and is okay with it.

Mecca
12-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Are we on for 9?

J Diddy
12-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Are we on for 9?

9 is good for me

Lzen
12-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Yep. Just talked to kcgopher and he is good for 9.

Mecca
12-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Ok good, well give me a few minutes because I'm watching something that ends at 9.

J Diddy
12-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Ok good, well give me a few minutes because I'm watching something that ends at 9.

psst, its fake

:D

Mecca
12-12-2008, 08:07 PM
psst, its fake

So, I like wrestling, and everything on TV is fake it's just like a TV show.

Lzen
12-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Note the new players added. Those 2 guys are friends of KCgopher.

Mecca
12-12-2008, 08:10 PM

What teams are they...and they better not be bitches LOL...

Are you just going to advance it when everyone sets ready to advance? I know it may take me a few minutes on the cut players screen and position changes screen.

J Diddy
12-12-2008, 08:11 PM

are they gonna be on as well?

J Diddy
12-12-2008, 08:12 PM
So, I like wrestling, and everything on TV is fake it's just like a TV show.

whatever

I'm watching the discovery channel, I keep it real

Mecca
12-13-2008, 12:04 AM
That was much better than taking 2 weeks to mow through that.

David.
12-13-2008, 12:06 AM
if you guys need more I can join up.

David.
12-13-2008, 12:07 AM
turteXcore btw

Mecca
12-13-2008, 12:14 AM
What team do you use?

David.
12-13-2008, 01:41 AM
I'd take Cal probably

Mecca
12-13-2008, 02:42 AM
Hrm that would be interesting, well lets see what Lzen does I guess...

And Diddy it's me and you to open the season...

J Diddy
12-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Hrm that would be interesting, well lets see what Lzen does I guess...

And Diddy it's me and you to open the season...well i guess we'll be spared the suspense next season, eh?

Mecca
12-13-2008, 11:15 AM
My first 3 are you, at Ohio State and Lzen...I guess I'll find out right away if my new guys especially my new starting QB are any good...

J Diddy
12-13-2008, 11:26 AM
My first 3 are you, at Ohio State and Lzen...I guess I'll find out right away if my new guys especially my new starting QB are any good...

I'm starting a true freshman at qb. I got the no. 1 qb last year but he was a juco transfer junior so I redshirted him. The no. 2, another 5 star recruit, stats are better than everyone I had on my roster including the guy who started last year. He'll probably transfer out next season because I don't see him getting many snaps this year.

That being said, I redshirted every other first year player.

Mecca
12-13-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm starting a true freshman at qb. I got the no. 1 qb last year but he was a juco transfer junior so I redshirted him. The no. 2, another 5 star recruit, stats are better than everyone I had on my roster including the guy who started last year. He'll probably transfer out next season because I don't see him getting many snaps this year.

That being said, I redshirted every other first year player.

How good was that safety you signed that we both went after?

J Diddy
12-13-2008, 12:21 PM
How good was that safety you signed that we both went after?

He was decent, tbh I didn't give him too much of a look because I have like 4 safeties. He'll probably end up the starter next year and will most likely be in his 90's be the time he's a junior.

Mecca
12-13-2008, 12:22 PM
He was decent, tbh I didn't give him too much of a look because I have like 4 safeties. He'll probably end up the starter next year and will most likely be in his 90's be the time he's a junior.

I usually look at their speed ratings first having a really slow guy in the secondary can be an issue.

I guess you get to face off with my freshman secondary...my top 4 CB's are all true freshman, my SS is a RS freshman the only guy who came back from my last years secondary is my FS and he's only a junior now.

J Diddy
12-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I usually look at their speed ratings first having a really slow guy in the secondary can be an issue.

I guess you get to face off with my freshman secondary...my top 4 CB's are all true freshman, my SS is a RS freshman the only guy who came back from my last years secondary is my FS and he's only a junior now.

I do it a lil bit different, My corners got to have good speed but since I play alot of man under cover 2 I make sure my safeties have good zone cover and decent speed.

btw I'm changing up my recruiting this year. I went to the roster and I've got like 10 wr and 10 corners and 4 safeties.

I landed a bad ass rb this year that I redshirted, I plan on him being a replacement to my rb because I assume he will go pro next year.

Lzen
12-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Yes, that was so much better doing it in a couple hours rather than over several days.

David, I will get you added a.s.a.p. Look for an invite from Shredder71.

Lzen
12-13-2008, 01:47 PM
turteXcore btw

Says you don't have an EA account. You just need to create one by getting online on NCAA 09.

David.
12-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Says you don't have an EA account. You just need to create one by getting online on NCAA 09.

That's strange I'm already in 2 leagues...its just "turtleXcore"

J Diddy
12-13-2008, 05:38 PM
That's strange I'm already in 2 leagues...its just "turtleXcore"

is it turtlexcore or turtexcore, you put the latter in your previous post

if it's the former then that's what the dealio is

Hey mecca when you want to play our game?

Mecca
12-13-2008, 06:20 PM

How about tomorrow after the Chiefs game? I have some shit to do and my brother is over here and wants to play wrestling.

J Diddy
12-13-2008, 07:52 PM
How about tomorrow after the Chiefs game? I have some shit to do and my brother is over here and wants to play wrestling.

can do

David.
12-13-2008, 11:58 PM

oh shit...I was drunk last night. My bad.

J Diddy
12-14-2008, 12:24 AM
oh shit...I was drunk last night. My bad.

in that case lzen, schedule me to play david on friday nights

David.
12-14-2008, 05:00 AM
in that case lzen, schedule me to play david on friday nights

lol

Lzen
12-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Ok, invite sent.

David.
12-14-2008, 02:24 PM
wow I'm impressed with Cal already, nice to walk in with a 95 impact rb.

Mecca
12-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Man Diddy has got a tough team this year.

J Diddy
12-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Man Diddy has got a tough team this year.

yeah I knew I lost it when I scored, I should have ran it a couple of more times and forced you to use timeouts or taken more time off the clock.

It certainly was a better game than the championship

Really sucky thing was I lost my game in the other league 22-21. It was eerily similar to the chiefs game, even when they scored went for 2 and I stopped them.

Urgh, I should have played some golf today instead of dealing with football.

Mecca
12-14-2008, 07:22 PM
LOL you stopped me a couple times, I was confident I could score but not 100%...my team ratings are down across the board since I have so many young players starting.

My huge QB and WR basically saved me, outside of that I just had no ability to defend the RB, when a guy is that fast and rated like that defending him is extremely hard unless you have 99's across your D.

I'm still a couple years away from being any kind of powerhouse, but yea it was a great game and your defense is a big pain in the ass and so is your RB.

J Diddy
12-14-2008, 07:45 PM
LOL you stopped me a couple times, I was confident I could score but not 100%...my team ratings are down across the board since I have so many young players starting.

My huge QB and WR basically saved me, outside of that I just had no ability to defend the RB, when a guy is that fast and rated like that defending him is extremely hard unless you have 99's across your D.

I'm still a couple years away from being any kind of powerhouse, but yea it was a great game and your defense is a big pain in the ass and so is your RB.

that freaking wr looked like godzilla, he was easy to spot because he just was so much bigger than everyone else

Mecca
12-14-2008, 07:59 PM
that freaking wr looked like godzilla, he was easy to spot because he just was so much bigger than everyone else

I saw I had the matchup a couple times with him when he runs deep in a straight line he's very fast but being 6'7 he's not all that agile.

The biggest thing was just hoping my QB had the arm to get it there...I have a dude on my bench who's a RS freshman with a 96 arm strength but he's not very accurate, I'm hoping he'll develop so I can really go vertical.

J Diddy
12-14-2008, 08:07 PM
I saw I had the matchup a couple times with him when he runs deep in a straight line he's very fast but being 6'7 he's not all that agile.

The biggest thing was just hoping my QB had the arm to get it there...I have a dude on my bench who's a RS freshman with a 96 arm strength but he's not very accurate, I'm hoping he'll develop so I can really go vertical.

The first touchdown you got where you went deep you caught me with no safety help at because I was blitzing. Me poor corner had no shot in hell to defend that.

Mecca
12-14-2008, 08:13 PM
The first touchdown you got where you went deep you caught me with no safety help at because I was blitzing. Me poor corner had no shot in hell to defend that.

No matter what man that was one of the best games I've played in it was really a great game, it made 3rd on my greatest games list. Talk about trial by fire for my first time starting QB, I was really iffy about which QB I was going with, guess he earned the job..

I don't envy anyone else that has to play you, you have a really great team, those LB's are what makes it go man, they tackle everything.

J Diddy
12-14-2008, 08:18 PM
No matter what man that was one of the best games I've played in it was really a great game, it made 3rd on my greatest games list. Talk about trial by fire for my first time starting QB, I was really iffy about which QB I was going with, guess he earned the job..

I don't envy anyone else that has to play you, you have a really great team, those LB's are what makes it go man, they tackle everything.

Linebacker U

Thus far it has lived up to its nickname
I got some solid recruits I redshirted this year that will contribute to the legacy in the future.

Mecca
12-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Well maybe I'll help you out next week since I have Ohio State on the road for my next game.

J Diddy
12-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Well maybe I'll help you out next week since I have Ohio State on the road for my next game.

I didn't even look at who I've got next on my schedule, but yeah. Knock them off.

btw, I thought my true freshman qb did pretty good. Had decent accuracy plus he has some wheels.

Mecca
12-14-2008, 08:35 PM
After that I have Lzen....tough schedule this year...

I'm curious how the South Carolina guy plays since he's on my schedule and I saw Lzen smacked the crap out of him but then I looked at the SC roster and he has a RB with 99 speed and I got a bit freaked out.

Mecca
12-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Ohio State goes down at the shoe.

J Diddy
12-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Ohio State goes down at the shoe.

that should help me, plus i beat the hurricanes 28-19, so I see myself pulling into the top 10.

plus you and lzen duking it out can help me as well

Mecca
12-15-2008, 11:24 PM
that should help me, plus i beat the hurricanes 28-19, so I see myself pulling into the top 10.

plus you and lzen duking it out can help me as well

34-14....it was actually 34-7 but I played the last quarter with my backups.

Me and Lzen with the rematch at my place this time....thankfully Lzen doesn't have a 98 speed RB to worry about :)

J Diddy
12-15-2008, 11:32 PM
34-14....it was actually 34-7 but I played the last quarter with my backups.

Me and Lzen with the rematch at my place this time....thankfully Lzen doesn't have a 98 speed RB to worry about :)

it was rough playing at your place, I couldn't audible because it wouldnt show me what button was the receiver

IMO, they did a good job with the homefield advantage aspect of this game

Mecca
12-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Maybe I can get on the 25 toughest places to play list...I did get my fan base pitch up pretty good so maybe that's helping.

J Diddy
12-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Maybe I can get on the 25 toughest places to play list...I did get my fan base pitch up pretty good so maybe that's helping.

it was rough for me, actually as rough as playing at ohio state

Mecca
12-15-2008, 11:44 PM
it was rough for me, actually as rough as playing at ohio state

Well that explains why you kept running.....I thought you were being a turd :D

J Diddy
12-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Well that explains why you kept running.....I thought you were being a turd :D

to my defense I was gashing you on the run pretty good, notice I ran one set then started passing out of that set

I am legend

Mecca
12-15-2008, 11:48 PM
to my defense I was gashing you on the run pretty good, notice I ran one set then started passing out of that set

I am legend

Well in fairness when your RB breaks tackles and has that speed you will gash anyone unless you're playing like USC or someone who has a 99 overall defense.

It's like having Joe McKnight, at 1 point I was getting pretty frustrated because there was no way to defend it.

J Diddy
12-15-2008, 11:51 PM
Well in fairness when your RB breaks tackles and has that speed you will gash anyone unless you're playing like USC or someone who has a 99 overall defense.

It's like having Joe McKnight, at 1 point I was getting pretty frustrated because there was no way to defend it.

i wa trying to get you to load the middle and hit the wr screen, you didnt bite

Mecca
12-15-2008, 11:54 PM
i wa trying to get you to load the middle and hit the wr screen, you didnt bite

I think I would have lost that game if I didn't have a playmaking WR.

J Diddy
12-15-2008, 11:56 PM
I think I would have lost that game if I didn't have a playmaking WR.

shit just competing with you is fun

your pretty good

Mecca
12-15-2008, 11:58 PM
LOL I try....will it be more fun when my team isn't rated an 81 anymore and I've pulled down several years of top notch recruits and I have a team rated like yours?

J Diddy
12-16-2008, 12:01 AM
LOL I try....will it be more fun when my team isn't rated an 81 anymore and I've pulled down several years of top notch recruits and I have a team rated like yours?

sure will

it was fun when you were usc

Mecca
12-16-2008, 12:05 AM
sure will

it was fun when you were usc

Well I hope I get to that, I'm still aways away, alot of my young guys have to play right away so I don't get to sit them. Last year's class was about rebuilding my OL and defense for the future, I got a nice start.

Lzen
12-16-2008, 11:44 AM
The feedback71 dynasty will be doing the offseason stuff starting around 9pm tonight. Be there or be square. Actually, the CPU will handle that stuff for you if can't make it. If for some reason somebody really, really wants to do their offseason stuff and can't make it tonight, PM or IM me and we will try to work something out. I just think that most of us would like to get the offseason knocked out in one night rather than dragging it out for a week or two.

J Diddy
12-16-2008, 11:49 AM
The feedback71 dynasty will be doing the offseason stuff starting around 9pm tonight. Be there or be square. Actually, the CPU will handle that stuff for you if can't make it. If for some reason somebody really, really wants to do their offseason stuff and can't make it tonight, PM or IM me and we will try to work something out. I just think that most of us would like to get the offseason knocked out in one night rather than dragging it out for a week or two.

I agree, plus I already bought the darn microphone.

Lzen
12-16-2008, 11:58 AM
I agree, plus I already bought the darn microphone.

ROFL. I can't believe you actually left the other night while we were in the middle of the offseason stuff to get a new mic from Walmart. Must be pretty close.

J Diddy
12-16-2008, 12:12 PM
ROFL. I can't believe you actually left the other night while we were in the middle of the offseason stuff to get a new mic from Walmart. Must be pretty close.

about 8 blocks, what took so freaking long is the old dude in front of me who was baffled with the newfound technology of the self check line.

Dude was basking in the glory of his accomplishments and savoring every little beep.

Lzen
12-16-2008, 12:38 PM
about 8 blocks, what took so freaking long is the old dude in front of me who was baffled with the newfound technology of the self check line.

Dude was basking in the glory of his accomplishments and savoring every little beep.

Your Walmart still has self checkouts? They took them out of ours a few months ago. Where do you live?

J Diddy
12-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Your Walmart still has self checkouts? They took them out of ours a few months ago. Where do you live?

Joplin, mo. They just installed them here. There's about 6 of them with just one cashier to oversee them all.

Lzen
12-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Just downloaded the roster by romancaesar. It is the most accurate one I have seen. Seems to have all the KU players in the positions they are in now and I think the ratings are pretty fair. Only thing is that it has Kerry Meier at 66 overall at QB. Tha is due to his awareness at QB being only 22. That is not right. But I wonder if that is the best he could do. At least he has both Meier and Briscoe 90 overall at WR.

Mecca
12-16-2008, 06:44 PM
You can't make him be good at both positions in awareness, the game just doesn't allow it.

Are you looking forward to our matchup? And how does south carolina guy play...I noticed he has a super speed RB.

Lzen
12-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Yea, I wondered if it was something like that. Oh well, can't have it all, I guess.

His running back was his main offense as far as I remember. But I got up on him by a few scores pretty quickly. So, he didn't have as much chance. His team has some talent at some spots. But it also has some holes. I really have no idea about his ability. One game does not always tell the story. Hell, last season KCGopher kicked my Kansas team's ass in the feedback71 dynast. That game was fucked from the get go. Must have had something about the rivalry.

Anyhoo, I returned the favor plus some in this dynasty.

Mecca
12-16-2008, 08:02 PM
I get a bit freaked out about playing anyone that has a 99 speed RB.

Lzen
12-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Looks like KcGopher and Tyrus Cobb had a really good game. Double OT with Cobb's South Carolina team coming out on top 42-35.

Mecca,
I am usually online in the evenings anywhere from 5pm -10 or 11pm. Whenever you are ready.

Mecca
12-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Looks like KcGopher and Tyrus Cobb had a really good game. Double OT with Cobb's South Carolina team coming out on top 42-35.

Mecca,
I am usually online in the evenings anywhere from 5pm -10 or 11pm. Whenever you are ready.

Tomorrow evening works for me.

Lzen
12-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Sounds good. Tonight wouldn't work for me anyway. I have had a couple beers - no good to play football without a clear mind. Plus, I am getting tired. I will check in tomorrow evening.

J Diddy
12-18-2008, 05:01 PM
cant get a hold of satchpaige to play our game

Lzen
12-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Well, keep trying. If he doesn't get back to you by tomorrow, I will put him on auto pilot.

Lzen
12-18-2008, 07:00 PM
I noticed that satchpaige was online about 30 minutes ago. Did he try to contact you about the game?

J Diddy
12-18-2008, 07:41 PM
I noticed that satchpaige was online about 30 minutes ago. Did he try to contact you about the game?

I haven't logged in a while. I'll check it out in a min.

Lzen
12-18-2008, 08:20 PM
I see that he even did recruiting. Did he send you a message or anything? You sent him one asking when he wanted to play, right? Your game is all the is left to do this week.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey good game man.

Lzen
12-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah, you too. That int that you returned for a TD really did me in. That and a couple of plays where I had a guy in position and he just missed the tackle and you turned into a big play.

And I had to settle for FGs too much.

BTW, what kind of defense is it that you run? I notice that every time I play you, your defense looks different than anything I ever see on this game. I think that is part of it. Your defense is hard to read because I have no experience against it.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Yeah, you too. That int that you returned for a TD really did me in. That and a couple of plays where I had a guy in position and he just missed the tackle and you turned into a big play.

And I had to settle for FGs too much.

BTW, what kind of defense is it that you run? I notice that every time I play you, your defense looks different than anything I ever see on this game. I think that is part of it. Your defense is hard to read because I have no experience against it.

It's a big mixture, some of it is quarter, some of it is the nickel set with 3 down and 3 LB's, I honesty play you alot differently than I do anyone else because you are in shotgun every play.

We have the whole polar opposites thing going on, I'm pure pro style rarely in shotgun and you are all spread shotgun all the time.

Lzen
12-18-2008, 09:37 PM
It's a big mixture, some of it is quarter, some of it is the nickel set with 3 down and 3 LB's, I honesty play you alot differently than I do anyone else because you are in shotgun every play.

We have the whole polar opposites thing going on, I'm pure pro style rarely in shotgun and you are all spread shotgun all the time.

Well, I'm not in it all the time. I do run some other stuff. I ran some plays with a fullback as well as some in the Ace formation. But yeah, most of my stuff is with 4 and 5 wides. When I tried to run out of the I formation, my FB made a piss poor attempt at a block and I got tackled behind the LOS. I don't know if I even went back to it after that. Maybe I should have.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 09:40 PM
There's just honestly no way I could use that playbook, I don't like most of my playbook to be in shotgun. It's just what you feel comfortable with.

I have to watch how I play defense with you because I feel like you're trying to spread me out and run.

I thought it was interesting to see our teams be rated exactly the same....and how's that RB playing DE working for you, yes I noticed and I wasn't thrilled that he blew around my OT on the first play when he has no DE ratings he's just fast LOL.

Lzen
12-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Lol, yes.That is definitely one aspect of my gameplan. I did have a pretty good day rushing against you. Normally, I like to pass a lot, too. But I find it more difficult against you because there does not seem to ever be anything open downfield and I can't get a very good presnap read. Maybe I need to play you more often to get used to your style. :) And I think I am just so used to Kansas not being able to pass block for long that I get happy feet. I really should just trust my offensive line. This team's oline is better than the Kansas team I start with in my other dynasties.

But yeah, it is what you are comfortable with. When I used to play Madden a lot on the PC, I used the Dick Vermeil offense. So, all that time using that offense, I became very confortabe with multiple receiver formations. Not to say that offense doesn't run a lot of traditional formations as well. Just that it had some good multiple reciever formations. Also, since I watch the real Jayhawk team run the spread, I am kind of fond of it. ;)

Mecca
12-18-2008, 09:57 PM
My personal experience is when you get accustom to having a fast QB it hurts your passing game because you start to rely on moving. Or like you said if you are use to have a bad Oline, and the game always seems to make throwing on the run super hard as your guy will become wildy inaccurate. Like that one when you were moving toward the sideline and threw and it went wildly high tipped off your guys hand it somehow landed on the ground with 3 of my guys standing right there.

Years if playing games with USC QB's and Trent Green got me in the habit of never moving unless I had to, I still try to play that way even if my guy can move around.

I don't know if you noticed but my defense has freshman starting everywhere so at times I'm a bit leery of one of them messing up.

Lzen
12-19-2008, 02:31 PM
J Diddy, did you guys set up a time to play?

J Diddy
12-19-2008, 03:13 PM
J Diddy, did you guys set up a time to play?

not yet

Lzen
12-19-2008, 03:19 PM
KcGopher told me last night that I should just put satchpaige on auto pilot. I think I will do that tonight if he has not gotten back to you by then.

Lzen
12-20-2008, 01:42 PM
What the heck was up with satchpaige last night?

J Diddy
12-20-2008, 01:53 PM
What the heck was up with satchpaige last night?

Dude it was hilarious. He kept trying to roll out every time and throw the ball deep across the field. Two pick sixes from that alone. My fav was when it was like 4th and 16 within the first quarter, he's at his twenty and fake punts it. Shortly thereafter, he actually gets a pick. within my twenty I sack him for like a 16 yard loss and then according to him he had a "power surge"

Sure he's cheezy, but he's not very good at it.

Lzen
12-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Dude it was hilarious. He kept trying to roll out every time and throw the ball deep across the field. Two pick sixes from that alone. My fav was when it was like 4th and 16 within the first quarter, he's at his twenty and fake punts it. Shortly thereafter, he actually gets a pick. within my twenty I sack him for like a 16 yard loss and then according to him he had a "power surge"

Sure he's cheezy, but he's not very good at it.

Hmmm.....well that sucks. And to top it all off, it sure seemed like he was avoiding playing you. I wonder if he is a kid. He is KcGopher's friend. That is all I know.

J Diddy
12-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Hmmm.....well that sucks. And to top it all off, it sure seemed like he was avoiding playing you. I wonder if he is a kid. He is KcGopher's friend. That is all I know.

It's possible. Once he did that fake punt I poured it on him though.

GoTrav
12-21-2008, 06:38 PM

Not a kid or Gopher's friend. I guess he works with TyrusCobb who is a friend of Gopher's.

GoTrav
12-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Good game last night Shredder. I thought you got robbed on that last play of the game with the spot. You should have listened to you inner Herm and kicked the field goal. And I always hate taking a knee but I felt it was necessary.

J Diddy
12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
hey lzen, my internet went out last night and I'm supposed to have a tech come out and fix it tomorrow. So please wait on advancement until then.

Lzen
12-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Good game last night Shredder. I thought you got robbed on that last play of the game with the spot. You should have listened to you inner Herm and kicked the field goal. And I always hate taking a knee but I felt it was necessary.

Yeah, that sucked. I really didn't want to go to OT. Or worse, you to drive and score with no time left. But yeah, I thought the spot was bad. Should have been a first down. I think I tend to ignore my inner Herm because I have gotten so sick of watching that over the years with Marty and Herm coaching the Chiefs.

If my defenders could make tackles. Sometimes they are in good position and just miss the tackle and it turns into a big play. Same thing happened a time or two against Mecca. Hell, I even out gained UNC in total yards in that game. Oh well. But your defense did a pretty good job against my running game. I probably should have done a little more short passing. I like to try to hit a home run if I can. :)

Lzen
12-21-2008, 10:22 PM
hey lzen, my internet went out last night and I'm supposed to have a tech come out and fix it tomorrow. So please wait on advancement until then.

Ok, we will wait. Thanks for the head's up.

Lzen
12-21-2008, 10:23 PM
BTW, J Diddy,
You get UTEP this week in the feedback71 dynasty. KcGopher and I have demolished them. You should have no problem. They will definitely not be going anywhere near the title game this year.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Hey your game with me was like real spread, you moved the ball fine until you got inside the 20.

Lzen
12-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Wow, that game I just played was wack. A couple of plays the CPU screwed me big time. It was poor physics in the programming, but I have never seen it so bad.

Does anyone know how I go about finding those highlights and posting them here? I saved the 2 plays in question to my highlights.

Lzen
12-22-2008, 05:59 PM
<object width="425" height="355">In this first video, the physics somehow make my running back to the freakin' Michael Jackson moonwalk. That should have been a TD with his momentum taking him into the endzone.

<embed src="http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.7.0.08/flash/sw/videos/mediaplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=355&width=425&file=http://videocdn.easw.easports.com/easportsworld/media2/ncaa09/4290792/882A0001_1_FLV_VIDEO_bfe.flv&link=http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2802404&linkfromdisplay=true&linktarget=_topℑ=http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.7.0.08/images/sw/videos/preview.jpg&skin=http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.7.0.08/flash/sw/videos/skin.swf" width="425" height="355">
</object>
EA SPORTS World: NCAA Football 09 Video (http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2802404)

http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyMjk5OTAzNjI1ODMmcHQ9MTIyOTk5MDM4MjU5NSZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jmc9MSZ*PSZvPWEzZWE3Y2JhZmFkOTRlOWNi MTk2YzI3ODQxYWNhNDY2.gif

Lzen
12-22-2008, 06:00 PM
<object width="425" height="355">In this video, Texas Tech attempts a long FG. The ball hits the outside of the right upright and clearly bounces out. But the computer gave Tech credit for a made FG. :shake: Luckily, these 2 plays didn't decide the game as I ended up pulling away. But man, WTF is up with their physics. I have seen some BS phsyics on this game but none quite this bad.

<embed src="http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.7.0.08/flash/sw/videos/mediaplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=355&width=425&file=http://videocdn.easw.easports.com/easportsworld/media2/ncaa09/4290792/882A0001_2_FLV_VIDEO_fvm.flv&link=http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2802503&linkfromdisplay=true&linktarget=_topℑ=http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.7.0.08/images/sw/videos/preview.jpg&skin=http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.7.0.08/flash/sw/videos/skin.swf" width="425" height="355">
</object>
EA SPORTS World: NCAA Football 09 Video (http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2802503)

http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyMjk5OTA*NDk5MTEmcHQ9MTIyOTk5MDQ1NDI3NCZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jmc9MSZ*PSZvPWEzZWE3Y2JhZmFkOTRlOWNi MTk2YzI3ODQxYWNhNDY2.gif

J Diddy
12-22-2008, 06:19 PM
<object width="425" height="355">In this video, Texas Tech attempts a long FG. The ball hits the outside of the right upright and clearly bounces out. But the computer gave Tech credit for a made FG. :shake: Luckily, these 2 plays didn't decide the game as I ended up pulling away. But man, WTF is up with their physics. I have seen some BS phsyics on this game but none quite this bad.

<embed src="http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.7.0.08/flash/sw/videos/mediaplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=355&width=425&file=http://videocdn.easw.easports.com/easportsworld/media2/ncaa09/4290792/882A0001_2_FLV_VIDEO_fvm.flv&link=http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2802503&linkfromdisplay=true&linktarget=_topℑ=http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.7.0.08/images/sw/videos/preview.jpg&skin=http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.7.0.08/flash/sw/videos/skin.swf" width="425" height="355">
</object>
EA SPORTS World: NCAA Football 09 Video (http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2802503)

http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyMjk5OTA*NDk5MTEmcHQ9MTIyOTk5MDQ1NDI3NCZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jmc9MSZ*PSZvPWEzZWE3Y2JhZmFkOTRlOWNi MTk2YzI3ODQxYWNhNDY2.gif

<object width="425" height="355">In this first video, the physics somehow make my running back to the freakin' Michael Jackson moonwalk. That should have been a TD with his momentum taking him into the endzone.

<embed src="http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.7.0.08/flash/sw/videos/mediaplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=355&width=425&file=http://videocdn.easw.easports.com/easportsworld/media2/ncaa09/4290792/882A0001_1_FLV_VIDEO_bfe.flv&link=http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2802404&linkfromdisplay=true&linktarget=_topℑ=http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.7.0.08/images/sw/videos/preview.jpg&skin=http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.7.0.08/flash/sw/videos/skin.swf" width="425" height="355">
</object>
EA SPORTS World: NCAA Football 09 Video (http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2802404)

http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyMjk5OTAzNjI1ODMmcHQ9MTIyOTk5MDM4MjU5NSZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jmc9MSZ*PSZvPWEzZWE3Y2JhZmFkOTRlOWNi MTk2YzI3ODQxYWNhNDY2.gif

dude that moonwalk was sexy

I do remember about hearing about that glitch with the fg and I thought it was patched.

hmmmmmm.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Hrm those are pretty rare glitches....the known FG glitch is that if your opponent or the computer hits the post don't catch it because it'll give them the ball back with a 1st down.

Lzen
12-22-2008, 10:06 PM
I probably posted this somewhere before, but here is another programming error in NCAA Football 2009. The Big 12 Championship game. Note the location.

J Diddy
12-22-2008, 10:10 PM
I probably posted this somewhere before, but here is another programming error in NCAA Football 2009. The Big 12 Championship game. Note the location.

hey i was in kc, texas yesterday

btw, how the fuck does that get by?

Lzen
12-22-2008, 10:22 PM
hey i was in kc, texas yesterday

btw, how the fuck does that get by?

Obviously, EA's quality control is severely lacking.

okcchief
12-22-2008, 11:13 PM

HAHA

I noticed that the first season when I played with OU. Forgot all about it lol.

KcGopher
12-23-2008, 11:14 AM
watch out for those blue devils in 2020!

Lzen
12-23-2008, 11:40 AM
watch out for those blue devils in 2020!

Heh heh. Welcome to Chiefs Planet.

KcGopher
12-23-2008, 12:04 PM
thanks. i feel like part of the family now. :D

Lzen
12-23-2008, 01:29 PM
thanks. i feel like part of the family now. :D

I'm sure you have plenty of opinions to share. We certainly have a wide array of them here. Some interesting discussions on Herm's future and a new GM in the main forum.

BTW, have you heard from TyrusCobb? I have a game against him in the feedback71 dynasty.

Lzen
12-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Hey David, you and Satch are the only ones we're waiting on.

I see that Satchpaige has been online but not played his game. I am about to boot him from both dynasties. No point in having someone who never plays.

J Diddy
12-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Hey David, you and Satch are the only ones we're waiting on.

I see that Satchpaige has been online but not played his game. I am about to boot him from both dynasties. No point in having someone who never plays.

It is quite a pain in the arse.

David.
12-25-2008, 09:30 PM
sorry i'll play now, i've been away at my moms

KcGopher
12-26-2008, 08:35 AM

i don't know what the deal with Satchpaige has been but i noticed you gave him the boot. can't say i blame you.

KcGopher
12-26-2008, 08:47 AM
i sent tycobb and satchpaige an e-mail about not being active, a few minutes later i see this...

TyrusCobb
Current Status: Online
Playing NCAAź Football 09
Online Dynasty: 1st qtr.; 0 - 0

LMAO
he must think that he's next or something.

Lzen
12-26-2008, 03:40 PM
i sent tycobb and satchpaige an e-mail about not being active, a few minutes later i see this...

TyrusCobb
Current Status: Online
Playing NCAAź Football 09
Online Dynasty: 1st qtr.; 0 - 0

LMAO
he must think that he's next or something.

No. TyrusCobb has been active. I wasn't even thinking of booting him. Satchpaige just didn't even bother trying to play games. Hell, he even acted all flaky when J Diddy was trying to get his game played in the Shredder71 dynasty. I don't usually do that to people, but I didn't figure he cared. I have seen him online many times but was not playing his football games.

J Diddy
12-26-2008, 03:42 PM
No. TyrusCobb has been active. I wasn't even thinking of booting him. Satchpaige just didn't even bother trying to play games. Hell, he even acted all flaky when J Diddy was trying to get his game played in the Shredder71 dynasty. I don't usually do that to people, but I didn't figure he cared. I have seen him online many times but was not playing his football games.

all hail the almighty lzen, booter of many apologetic to few of the shredder 71 dynasty

Lzen
12-26-2008, 05:13 PM
all hail the almighty lzen, booter of many apologetic to few of the shredder 71 dynasty

Kneel before Zod......errrr.....I mean....Zen.

Mecca
12-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Diddy is trying to steal my recruits....

J Diddy
12-27-2008, 01:03 AM
Diddy is trying to steal my recruits....

lol

i signed 4 5 star recruits this week

now im coming for yours

Mecca
12-27-2008, 01:08 AM
The MLB was fine, I didn't really need him and only recruited him because he was good....some of those guys you have no shot on like trying to jump in on my WR....but I'll tell you what if you get that OT or that Punter I'm not going to be happy since I recruited them the entire time and you came in late....

J Diddy
12-27-2008, 02:09 AM
The MLB was fine, I didn't really need him and only recruited him because he was good....some of those guys you have no shot on like trying to jump in on my WR....but I'll tell you what if you get that OT or that Punter I'm not going to be happy since I recruited them the entire time and you came in late....

well lo and behold it is forever my goal to make you happy.....

Everybody who's on my recruiting list now are the same people who were on my recruiting list at the beginning of the season.

Mecca
12-27-2008, 02:13 AM
I'm just messing with you.......good natured ribbing and all....and cmon I said punter I thought you'd get it when I said that, you think I'd really get upset about a punter?

I got kind hosed this year on my schedule so you got visits in before me, that hurt on some guys.

Just remember I need the players worse than you do right? LOL

J Diddy
12-27-2008, 02:27 AM
I'm just messing with you.......good natured ribbing and all....and cmon I said punter I thought you'd get it when I said that, you think I'd really get upset about a punter?

I got kind hosed this year on my schedule so you got visits in before me, that hurt on some guys.

Just remember I need the players worse than you do right? LOL

we all need punters

David.
12-27-2008, 02:33 AM
pft, speak for yourself. My offense doesn't need to punt :p

J Diddy
12-27-2008, 02:35 AM
pft, speak for yourself. My offense doesn't need to punt :p

awesome can't wait to play you

Mecca
12-27-2008, 02:36 AM
You guys and your 1 dimensional offenses of all running and no passing....

I think I'm the only user who's RB doesn't lead his ream in receiving.

David.
12-27-2008, 02:39 AM

Nah I can pass pretty well too, I just rarely need to. I mean I'm averaging 11 ypc :/

My receivers both have like 95 catch rating.

David.
12-27-2008, 02:39 AM
awesome can't wait to play you

we'll see.

J Diddy
12-27-2008, 02:49 AM

an offense built around my running back works and if he goes down the next 2 can take his place.

J Diddy
12-27-2008, 02:50 AM
we'll see.

to quote gunther

"i'll make you punt at least 1 time"

David.
12-27-2008, 02:53 AM
to quote gunther

"i'll make you punt at least 1 time"

heh I'm not morally opposed to punt, I'm not a cheeser.

You're LB allstars may give me some trouble, but...the only way we're playing is if we both make it to a bowl game. I guess Rose bowl is a possibility.

J Diddy
12-27-2008, 02:57 AM
heh I'm not morally opposed to punt, I'm not a cheeser.

You're LB allstars may give me some trouble, but...the only way we're playing is if we both make it to a bowl game. I guess Rose bowl is a possibility.

ROFL

That should be the quote of the day.

David.
12-27-2008, 03:10 AM
ROFL

That should be the quote of the day.

KcGopher
12-27-2008, 01:21 PM

i have no choice. my RB is the only player worth a d*mn. :(

J Diddy
12-27-2008, 01:33 PM
i have no choice. my RB is the only player worth a d*mn. :(

Don't get too upset about mecca's critique of your play. he's just pissed that i'm coming to get his players.

:evil:

KcGopher
12-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Don't get too upset about mecca's critique of your play. he's just pissed that i'm coming to get his players.

good. at least i dont have to worry about you going after my 2 and 3-star recruits. :)

J Diddy
12-27-2008, 02:14 PM
good. at least i dont have to worry about you going after my 2 and 3-star recruits. :)

nah you're pretty safe there

If I signed a 3 star recruit he'd probably be cut

Lzen
12-27-2008, 02:57 PM
KcGopher has requested a change of teams. He wants to take over Michigan. I told him that would be okay, but we will wait to make the move until after the season. Hopefully, nobody will have any objections.

J Diddy
12-27-2008, 03:06 PM
KcGopher has requested a change of teams. He wants to take over Michigan. I told him that would be okay, but we will wait to make the move until after the season. Hopefully, nobody will have any objections.

I'm cool with that.

Cool a conference rival.

KcGopher
12-27-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm cool with that.

Cool a conference rival.

you're going down! :cuss:

(i hope the commish doesn't schedule Appalachian State)

J Diddy
12-27-2008, 04:07 PM
you're going down! :cuss:

(i hope the commish doesn't schedule Appalachian State)

GoTrav
12-27-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm cool with that.

Cool a conference rival.

bah, what do you consider me =(

Nice job on the four 5 star recruits already.

And tell gopher to build his own team. I had the luxury of playing and getting stomped by Michigan in my last game. The team is 96's across the board.

I think it's about time for me to take a coaching job outside the Big 10 or maybe I could just knock of Tressel and roll into his spot =P

Mecca
12-27-2008, 07:07 PM
bah, what do you consider me =(

Nice job on the four 5 star recruits already.

And tell gopher to build his own team. I had the luxury of playing and getting stomped by Michigan in my last game. The team is 96's across the board.

I think it's about time for me to take a coaching job outside the Big 10 or maybe I could just knock of Tressel and roll into his spot =P

Hey Gopher is just tired of playing in the North Carolina dominated conference :)

J Diddy
12-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey Gopher is just tired of playing in the North Carolina dominated conference :)

welcome to the penn state dominated conference

J Diddy
12-27-2008, 10:09 PM
35-0, 8 quarters without a td

woohoo

dammit mecca
he's my punter leave him alone

David.
12-27-2008, 11:06 PM
I like this team but goddamn I have some slow ass WR's. If I could pull in a WR with 95ish speed. Fuhgetaboutit.

J Diddy
12-28-2008, 04:02 AM
mecca

what the fuck was that?

Mecca
12-28-2008, 05:02 AM
Ok let me explain, I honestly wasn't trying to be an asshole. Have you ever played a game with Florida?

Literally 99% of the playbook is in shotgun and every run play outside of goaline is option plays. It is basically how they play in real life, I don't have much choice there like I said I was just trying something different.

You know me I don't generally play that way but Florida is a run option team, I don't have much choice.

I'll generally use pro style 99% of the time but I thought it was just for fun, sorry if it really made you that mad.

J Diddy
12-28-2008, 05:11 AM
Ok let me explain, I honestly wasn't trying to be an asshole. Have you ever played a game with Florida?

Literally 99% of the playbook is in shotgun and every run play outside of goaline is option plays. It is basically how they play in real life, I don't have much choice there like I said I was just trying something different.

You know me I don't generally play that way but Florida is a run option team, I don't have much choice.

I'll generally use pro style 99% of the time but I thought it was just for fun, sorry if it really made you that mad.

to be truthful, I didn't think it was you playing. Everything you've ever bitched about you did in that game.

Mecca
12-28-2008, 05:19 AM
I admit I get annoyed when people take a pro style team and run the option with them like it's their offense but if you use florida or west virginia you have to run the option, it's what all the run plays are.

You won't see any option with NC or USC because they are pro style, unless of course I run it as say a gimmick play here and there because those playbooks have maybe 4 option plays in the entire thing, where as florida it's the entire run game.

I wasn't intending to make you mad I was just trying out something I never do.

J Diddy
12-28-2008, 05:39 AM
I admit I get annoyed when people take a pro style team and run the option with them like it's their offense but if you use florida or west virginia you have to run the option, it's what all the run plays are.

You won't see any option with NC or USC because they are pro style, unless of course I run it as say a gimmick play here and there because those playbooks have maybe 4 option plays in the entire thing, where as florida it's the entire run game.

I wasn't intending to make you mad I was just trying out something I never do.

you didn't make me mad. I was just expecting a real game. I wasn't expecting that.

Mecca
12-28-2008, 05:40 AM
I thought you knew you'd see option when I picked Florida...I waited to see if you'd tell me to pick a different team.

If you see Florida or WV you can play the straightest player of all time but the option has to be run unless you want them to run the QB draw or pass every play.

J Diddy
12-28-2008, 05:43 AM
I thought you knew you'd see option when I picked Florida...I waited to see if you'd tell me to pick a different team.

If you see Florida or WV you can play the straightest player of all time but the option has to be run unless you want them to run the QB draw or pass every play.

i was quite befuddled when you picked florida, that's why I sent you the message. Like you said it's not worth playing a florida team online

Mecca
12-28-2008, 05:48 AM
It's not like I would ever run that playbook in anything other than a for fun game.

You have a significantly better team than me in dynasty play that gives me issues so I thought I'd play a game with the likely national champion for a change of pace for fun and all.

J Diddy
12-28-2008, 05:56 AM
It's not like I would ever run that playbook in anything other than a for fun game.

You have a significantly better team than me in dynasty play that gives me issues so I thought I'd play a game with the likely national champion for a change of pace for fun and all.

I know and perhaps I took it out of context. When I seek a game with you it is a generally sound football game.

this was hurtful

Mecca
12-28-2008, 05:58 AM
LOL well I figure you'd get tired of facing SC by now.

J Diddy
12-28-2008, 06:03 AM
LOL well I figure you'd get tired of facing SC by now.

I haven't faced SC in forever. Our last 3 games have been UNC vs. penn state.

Mecca
12-28-2008, 06:04 AM
Hey I figure you like those, you got the team advantage on me you're what 15 points better or something like that?

Mecca
12-29-2008, 05:08 AM
Ok I just realized something...Diddy has a chance to make it into the NC game....Am I really going to have to play you twice in 1 year?

David.
12-29-2008, 05:16 AM
Ok I just realized something...Diddy has a chance to make it into the NC game....Am I really going to have to play you twice in 1 year?

I have a feeling I'm going to go undefeated and be left out of the NC. If I can get past USC that is. I've got a pretty weak schedule so it wouldn't surprise me.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 05:17 AM
I have a feeling I'm going to go undefeated and be left out of the NC. If I can get past USC that is. I've got a pretty weak schedule so it wouldn't surprise me.

Well no offense but I hope you lose..I'd rather face computer controlled SC than him twice in 1 year...his team is literally 20 points better than mine.

David.
12-29-2008, 05:19 AM
I doubt it will happen unfortunately, I rarely lose to CPU controlled teams on all-american. It's possible though, my WR's are so slow if USC can stop my run, i'll be in trouble.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 05:22 AM
I doubt it will happen unfortunately, I rarely lose to CPU controlled teams on all-american. It's possible though, my WR's are so slow if USC can stop my run, i'll be in trouble.

What's your team overall......hell your team is probably better than mine to, most of the users have better teams than me aside from Lzen who is about the same and of course Duke.

I know I'm 2 and all and have won titles but I don't think some realize how low my team rating actually is with all of the true freshman I have playing.

David.
12-29-2008, 05:22 AM
I think 84 ovr

David.
12-29-2008, 05:23 AM
What's your team overall......hell your team is probably better than mine to, most of the users have better teams than me aside from Lzen who is about the same and of course Duke.

But i'd rather have a team that i'd built that had at least a bit of team speed that was lower than an 84 full of sub 90 speed players.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 05:25 AM
But i'd rather have a team that i'd built that had at least a bit of team speed that was lower than an 84 full of sub 90 speed players.

This is my 3rd year with this team my team overall is I believe 80 80 or 81...trust me it may be fun or sound fun to build your own team but when you have to start those true freshman right away it's not all it's cracked up to be...my offensive playmaker is a true sophomore WR who has a 78 rating....

I look at it this way, first 3 years are the base, the next 3 are from going from that to powerhouse then anything following that is maintaining it.

David.
12-29-2008, 05:28 AM
yeah but he's 6'7 and has like 97 speed. Unfortunately in EA's version of football that matters more than almost anything else. Hopefully next year they do...SOMETHING to make it so speed isn't basically all that matters...not really sure what they could do though.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 05:31 AM
yeah but he's 6'7 and has like 97 speed. Unfortunately in EA's version of football that matters more than almost anything else. Hopefully next year they do...SOMETHING to make it so speed isn't basically all that matters...not really sure what they could do though.

I'll be frank with you, he isn't as good as that would have you believe, he can make plays yes..he's great when he runs straight. He's rare on this years game very rarely is anyone that tall that fast on this years game..

But here's the thing in a straight line he moves great, but he spins and jukes like shit his change of direction is poor, his agility in general is bad because he's so tall so I can't really make anyone miss, I can outrun them if I get behind them that's all.

Also how did you know I had that WR did you look LOL.....Diddy likes to call him Godzilla.

Thankfully I got some WR commits this year because after him I got nothing...

David.
12-29-2008, 05:33 AM
I'll be frank with you, he isn't as good as that would have you believe, he can make plays yes..he's great when he runs straight. He's rare on this years game very rarely is anyone that tall that fast on this years game..

But here's the thing in a straight line he moves great, but he spins and jukes like shit his change of direction is poor, his agility in general is bad because he's so tall so I can't really make anyone miss, I can outrun them if I get behind them that's all.

Also how did you know I had that WR did you look LOL.....Diddy likes to call him Godzilla.

Thankfully I got some WR commits this year because after him I got nothing...

Heh I've scouted pretty much everyone's team. I got bored one day between weeks.

David.
12-29-2008, 05:34 AM
and YES i'm pathetic haha.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 05:36 AM
Did you look at my team and go "holy balls this guy has a ton of freshman and sophomores playing"

I don't consider it positive when my top 4 corners are all true freshman with a true freshman MLB both DT's being true freshman and my SS being a RS freshman.

David.
12-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Lol i thought "man this guys team is going to be sick in 2 years" I figured you'd have a rough year this year, but seems to be going alright.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 05:41 AM
Lol i thought "man this guys team is going to be sick in 2 years" I figured you'd have a rough year this year, but seems to be going alright.

I'm pretty proud of getting a 98 and 96 speed CB in the same class...Last years class was about Oline and defense mostly, this years is about weapons.

I'm sure you'll do fine being in Cali helps, I have an offline with USC almost all my players are from the state.

David.
12-29-2008, 05:44 AM
Yeah California recruiting is easy mode. I just have to compete with USC for freaking all my recruits heh. UCLA has built into a bit of a powerhouse too in your guys first 2 years. Theyre like a 91 now and are competing for a lot of my 5 star recruits.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 05:46 AM
That's one of the issues with being NC, my homestate is not recruiting rich I only have 11 instate players......I have as many players from Georgia and Florida as I do my homestate..but I opened pipelines to Texas and Alabama aswell....I'm trying to open ones to California and Ohio but I never have California players interested so it's hard...

David.
12-29-2008, 05:48 AM
yeah that's key to really making recruiting easy get a pipeline in cal, florida, and texas. If you get those 3 you're golden, you don't really need anywhere else.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 05:49 AM
Alabama tends to have players aswell, I had a pipeline to them with USC....so I like to have them as a pipeline that's where my 6'7 guy is from and I pulled a 5 star athlete out of there this year.

David.
12-29-2008, 05:55 AM
all this ncaa talk makes me want to play next weeks game. Is there anyone who hasn't finished their games? Seems like we've been moving pretty quick lately.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 06:01 AM
all this ncaa talk makes me want to play next weeks game. Is there anyone who hasn't finished their games? Seems like we've been moving pretty quick lately.

Yea we move pretty fast...South Carolina guy tends to be the slowest..I already played mine, I worked Miami 52-14....

I still do get a kick that I'm the only team who doesn't have a RB leading his team in receiving.

I wanna see it cause I wanna see my commits I had some guys soft and some visits coming.....could be a big few weeks I just pulled down the top QB a 5 star WR and a 5 star athlete.

David.
12-29-2008, 06:03 AM
nah my rb is my 4th highest receiver both my WR's and my TE are above him.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 06:07 AM
nah my rb is my 4th highest receiver both my WR's and my TE are above him.

Ok I must have missed that, you get the exception then. I say do whatever you have to do but I'll give you shit for a RB being your leading receiver.

I looked at your team one day...you have a ass load of seniors I remember thinking that.

David.
12-29-2008, 06:08 AM
I basically have 3 TE's though. 86 speed is my fastest receiver heh. Lots of slants, outs, and hook routes.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 06:11 AM
I have more of a problem with my QB....he makes enough plays and he's fine in the intermediate game but when I try to go downfield he makes kind of blah throws, sometimes they're good sometimes not.

I got so use to being SC when I could literally throw strikes 50 yards down the field for huge plays, I need one of those QB's.

David.
12-29-2008, 06:13 AM
My qb is pretty solid, nothing great, but he gets the job done. My o-line is filled with road graders though one of the best o-lines I've played with. I think my RG is like a 96 and has something like 30 pancake blocks already.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 06:15 AM
LOL that Beau Sweeney guy you have ended up being a 99 overall impact player in my offline dynasty.

David.
12-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Nice. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll shoot up 13 points :D

Mecca
12-29-2008, 06:21 AM
Oh damn you're gonna sign the #1 player.....guess I'll have to settle for 5 and a guy named Mickey? Maybe I'll have my team come out to that Tony Basil song.

David.
12-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Yeah I'm trying to, I have someone else right on my tail though, can't remember who. UCLA or Notre Dame or something.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 06:30 AM
Do you enjoy how hard it is to sign TE's and FB's on this game....I lost a 4 star fullback and wasn't happy about it.

David.
12-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Yeah I don't even bother with either. I usually just convert HB's and WR's to FB's and TE's respectively. Sucks because they can almost never block, but it's better than getting walk-ons.

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 06:44 AM
I see you got that dt you wanted, looks like the punter likes my hoes though.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 06:46 AM
I see you got that dt you wanted, looks like the punter likes my hoes though.

Oh what did it advance again....or are you just referring to the soft commits?

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 06:49 AM
Oh what did it advance again....or are you just referring to the soft commits?

soft i dont think its advanced yet

I've had a rough stretch of games here lately

Michigan is a freaking powerhouse (gonna suck that a user's gonna take that over next year) and frigging ohio state

Mecca
12-29-2008, 06:50 AM

Michigan is a freaking powerhouse (gonna suck that a user's gonna take that over next year) and frigging ohio state

Hey I smacked Ohio State at the shoe no less!

I have to sign 3 DT's this year so if he commits that'll help....wanna hear something crazy. I'm recruiting a DT that runs a faster 40 than that LB you signed..4.54 for a DT 40...

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 06:54 AM
Hey I smacked Ohio State at the shoe no less!

I have to sign 3 DT's this year so if he commits that'll help....wanna hear something crazy. I'm recruiting a DT that runs a faster 40 than that LB you signed..4.54 for a DT 40...

thats insane, how strong is he?

Mecca
12-29-2008, 06:55 AM
thats insane, how strong is he?

Actually..I have no idea but that 40 is enough to make me want to sign him..I will carry enough depth that if he has to be he can be a role player, I can find something for him to do.

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 06:56 AM
Actually..I have no idea but that 40 is enough to make me want to sign him..I will carry enough depth that if he has to be he can be a role player, I can find something for him to do.

like be a te?

Mecca
12-29-2008, 06:58 AM
like be a te?

Hell no, I'd make him an end before I did that...I don't want some guy that can't catch as a TE.

Either way I generally carry 5 DT's so he can be one of them.

KcGopher
12-29-2008, 08:50 AM

it does suck watching all my targeted recruits sign with a rival 9 miles down the road. :cuss: i guess they would rather play for a 6-star team than a 3-star. :(

KcGopher
12-29-2008, 08:52 AM
welcome to the once penn state dominated conference

fixed it for you :D

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 08:56 AM
fixed it for you :Dlol

I got a few minutes

want to jump online

KcGopher
12-29-2008, 09:01 AM

don't worry, i'm not very good.

KcGopher
12-29-2008, 09:01 AM
lol

I got a few minutes

want to jump online

i would love to, but i'm at work. :(

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 09:03 AM
lol

I got a few minutes

want to jump online

don't worry, i'm not very good.

:shrug:

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 09:03 AM
i would love to, but i'm at work. :(

really, the boss won't mind

KcGopher
12-29-2008, 09:19 AM
did anyone see that beat down i put on Wake Forest? i finally played a team worse than Duke. :)

my running back nearly had 500 rush yds, 200 rec yds and 10 TDs. i haven't checked but i would guess that he is in the heisman race. :clap:

Lzen
12-29-2008, 09:41 AM

Yeah, now we need some powerhouse human controlled teams in the ACC. :D

KcGopher
12-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah, now we need some powerhouse human controlled teams in the ACC. :D

too bad you couldn't move Michigan to the ACC.

Lzen
12-29-2008, 09:43 AM
too bad you couldn't move Michigan to the ACC.

Maybe we could talk Travnasty into taking over Miami or Virginia Tech. :hmmm:

GoTrav
12-29-2008, 09:46 AM

I'm fine moving to the ACC but from the scores I've seen Mecca put up it looks like I could have the 85 friggin Bears and still get stomped.

GoTrav
12-29-2008, 09:49 AM

PAC 10 is an option too. Penn and Michigan can have the Big 10 and I'll leave my poor man's Notre Dame school to it's own demise :p

KcGopher
12-29-2008, 09:57 AM
PAC 10 is an option too. Penn and Michigan can have the Big 10 and I'll leave my poor man's Notre Dame school to it's own demise :p

i thought you were taking over THE ohio state

Lzen
12-29-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm fine moving to the ACC but from the scores I've seen Mecca put up it looks like I could have the 85 friggin Bears and still get stomped.

Naw, you're pretty good. I think you could challenge him with a good team. Mecca is really, really good at this game, for sure. He needs someone to challenge him. ;) But I was just kidding. You take whatever team you want.

Lzen
12-29-2008, 09:59 AM

BTW, the other day he stomped some top 10 team (maybe even shut out). I also stomped a top 10 team. I believe I may have even shut out OU. Some games are like that against CPU teams. CPU is not nearly as difficult as playing a human, IMO.

GoTrav
12-29-2008, 10:01 AM
BTW, the other day he stomped some top 10 team (maybe even shut out). I also stomped a top 10 team. I believe I may have even shut out OU. Some games are like that against CPU teams. CPU is not nearly as difficult as playing a human, IMO.

that doesn't make me feel better about getting my ass kicked by Michigan :(

GoTrav
12-29-2008, 10:04 AM
oh, and after I play today's game put me on AP starting tomorrow. I'll be MIA for a bit...

Lzen
12-29-2008, 10:06 AM
oh, and after I play today's game put me on AP starting tomorrow. I'll be MIA for a bit...

Ok, I will put you on auto until you tell me to take you off of it.